(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#274 2 years ago

Could it be?

god-of-war-bloodthirsty-kratos (resized).jpggod-of-war-bloodthirsty-kratos (resized).jpg
1 week later
#653 2 years ago

I see the standard playfield module listed at 3K on website, any mention of what the LE package cost is yet?

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I need to see about playing one of these machines. This is a fantastic theme for me but I’m a little worried about how it will feel compared to normal pinball machine. The game looks amazing though!

If you've been in this hobby long enough you embrace something different. Flippers will feel different, upper flippers on separate buttons and playing on a lexan playfield with a monitor underneath is not normal which is the whole point of owning one.

#684 2 years ago

I'm excited for this game and will be ordering one but want to address the elephant in the room. Are half of these songs deep cuts because it was too expensive to include more of his mainstream hits? Maybe some of them will grow on me but "Mission Statement" and "Sports Song"? I'm happy for half of the list at least.

#692 2 years ago

I'm warming up to a few deep cuts/originals like "I'll sue ya" and "Germs". Glad "Dare to be Stupid" is on there, I played the crap out of that song on my walkman in the 80's one summer.

#717 2 years ago

Anybody else looking forward to weasel stomping day?

weasel.gifweasel.gif
#722 2 years ago

Is anyone glad they chose "Mission Statement" as one of the originals? Listened to it about five times and just can't figure out why they picked that one. I guess if you love the "Judy Blue Eyes" CSN song it's okay for a catchy tune but don't get any humor out if it personally.

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

This pre-order process is stressing me out!
I saw that the time on my phone was 3 minutes off of the time on a buddy's phone.
Will Multimorphic have a grace period, in case my e-mail server is a little fast? (I send it thinking in 9AM CST, but they think they got it at 8:59AM.)
If they do have a grace period, should I deliberately send my order early?
Should I send an order a little early, a second right on time, and a third a little late?
Should I learn how to use the dark web, and hire a bot-net to send a 1000 orders a second from 8:50 CST to 9:10 CST?
- Mark

Maybe state in the first sentence of the email that you're sending it right at 9am your time in case it gets there technically before then. Less stress if getting the standard edition, no limit on how many of those their making just different wait times on receiving one.

#786 2 years ago
66toqq (resized).jpg66toqq (resized).jpg
#791 2 years ago
bf7a6c48e143c473e07032887b1da8bc.gifbf7a6c48e143c473e07032887b1da8bc.gif
#805 2 years ago

Remember not to lose your marbles tomorrow on the mad email rush to get in line.
tumblr_a22544e98fd876a74a94faf671c4895f_8b8954b5_500.giftumblr_a22544e98fd876a74a94faf671c4895f_8b8954b5_500.gif

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Nitpicking...
"We will reply to all sales requests in the order received with an invoice for a $2000 deposit. No other payment will be due until your order enters production."
I do think it's messed up that you have to put $2000 down regardless if you are buying the full P3 + WAM + Limited Edition Package for $13,100 or (like me) just the WAM Module for $3000.
"Noncancelled orders are then only refundable if we miss your estimated ship date by 6 months, ...
Order transfer requests are subject to a $100 transfer fee, payable by the original purchaser."
Not sure what to think about these rules. Anyone who has a family emergency, and needed their cash back will have to sell their place line, and give $100 to Multimorphic. Not the thing I would want to deal with in the middle of a Family Emergency.
- Mark

What happens once you pay in full/receive your game and you have a family emergency? I haven't been able to get a refundable deposit on the last four games I purchased with different manufacturers, just the way it is now with high demand and parts shortages.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Any guesses on how quickly the LE’s will sell out? I’m in for a standard but curious how hot the LE’s will be. I am guessing 6hrs, 3pm central all LE’s are sold. That will be huge for Multimorphic!

Going for a standard here also. Hard to predict how fast LE's will go, caught many by surprise that there were two versions going to be available.

#816 2 years ago

Fans getting ready!!!

giphy (10).gifgiphy (10).gif
#953 2 years ago

Standard ordered!!! they see me rollin!!!

qx78in.gifqx78in.gif
#956 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Sheesh!!!! You snooze and loose in Pinball -

I'm sure you can still order a standard, same game in either edition.

#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

^ Good question.
I for one think there totally needs to be a "Weird Al Polka Party!" second software set for the module.
Licensing/permissions might be a snag though....
Later,
EV

They probably had a hard enough time with licensing/permissions on the parodies they did get through, most of his polkas have multiple parodies in them.

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I for one would not feel uncomfortable having these songs in the game. I would absolutely love for them to be there. When I think of Wierd Al I can't help but think of these songs. They were such a huge part of his success. It's a shame that Wierd Al feels that it would cause some sort of controversy. He should be profiting on these songs because they were and still are brilliant masterpieces.

The MJ estate would probably want a fortune to use either one regardless of any controversy issues anyway. Just the Fat parody alone isn't worth touching with all the body shaming nuts out there that would love to pull the victim card.

#1122 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok this has been driving me crazy. I have to deal with this stuff quite a lot. There are 3 types of copyright/royalties in music: Mechanical, Publishing (Lyrics), and Publishing (Melody). Note it is not "Publishing (Music)" because that is more subjective.
In Al's case, he is essentially recording covers of the parody songs. He is -not- using the original recordings at all. The original recordings are covered under what are called "Mechanical Royalties". "Mechanical" because it's a thing due to player pianos [potentially] putting musicians out of work. Those recordings need to be licensed, and anybody who played music on them would be owed royalties. Those royalties can be sold to a company, so even that isn't cut and dry.
An artist can't stop Al from recording his 'covers' (and few would), just like I can record a cover of "When I Was Your Age" and Al couldn't stop me from doing so. If I decide to SELL (or YouTube) my cover, then I start to owe him a bit of money for PUBLISHING, because I am using stuff that he wrote and owns. The amount is per unit, per medium (i.e. CD sold, per stream, etc). When I submit my original songs to the USPTO for copyright control, I submit lyrics and the main melody of the song. That's it, and that's what is covered by the copyright. The original recordings by the original artist are also copyrighted when released.
When Al does parodies, he puts entirely new lyrics to the music. He then becomes part author of his version of the song due to lyrics. He still uses the original melody of the songs. He doesn't own that, but he still makes royalty dollars because he's rewriting the lyrics. The other writers on the song are still due royalties due to their Publishing claim. Al and his band re-record all the music, so he/they own the Mechanical royalties.
Ok, so you're both right. Kind of.
Now, this has nothing to do with LICENSING, which is totally dependant on the internal corporate structure of the entity you're licensing. Al owns *part* of the cover songs (to make the math easy, let's say he owns 2/3 of HIS recordings). He still owes the original authors of the song a portion of their fee to license it for his recording, then a pinball manufacturer would have to pay Al some amount that from a financial perspective would need to cover his 2/3 ownership plus whatever he owes the original song authors (minus his additional ownership % due to the new lyrics). And Al's company is such a behemoth he may have some leverage in creating a deal for fixed royalties for the publishing. Conceiveably (I have no idea if this makes sense from a business perspective), he could make a deal for ALL publishing royalties for a particular song for a specified period of years, and just pay 1 flat fee. In that sense, for a certain period of time, he would not owe any further royalties for the use of the song. No way to know, and Jay Levey isn't going to tell anybody those details. Also, this is why lawyers.

We ended up with 70% of the songs being originals for a reason and doubt it was because of P3's or Weird Al's dream to have it that way. Probably wanted to rule out any chance of owing royalties or being taken to court no matter how small of a chance it is

#1128 2 years ago

Back to lovin some Weird Al, one of my favorites on one of his newer albums. I say that realizing it was 11 years ago

#1158 2 years ago

Did anyone get any kind of discount on buying multiple playfields when they bought their Weird Al?

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Doesn't that only apply if you buy EVERYTHING? Not sure MM has put together a deal like that. )Not really expecting they will either, given the deluge of orders)

Not sure that's why I'm asking.

#1163 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Talk to Gerry, he's pretty accommodating, if you don't get if you don't ask.

I emailed them Saturday and haven't got a reply back yet. Just figured they were busy so thought I'd see from the community if any discounts were happening.

1 week later
#1202 2 years ago

Almost time!!!

200w.gif200w.gif
#1241 2 years ago

Dammit I screwed up again and spread miracle whip on the lawn instead of mayonnaise for weasel stomping day.

3 months later
#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

For everyone that put down deposits, I'm curious: are they transferrable/sellable? I've seen plenty of Halloween and Ultraman deposits for sale, but not one Weird Al. I figured either you can't transfer it (ouch) or everyone is so dedicated they'll ride out the wait. Anyone willing to put down a deposit and wait a year for a pin they hadn't played is pretty friggin' dedicated!

You could probably get a refund with no questions asked because of delays they're experiencing, heard several people have been given that option. The game takes some getting used to with button spacing from lockdown bar, flipper feel, extra buttons and heavier weight of the game. People that just want the comfort of the usual pinball feel and layouts may have a hard time at first, if you've been in this hobby long enough it's a welcomed change IMO.

4 months later
#1755 1 year ago

Finally got my game module installed and enjoying it. Could we please get an adjustment in the audio settings to lower call out/voice volume, Al's voice is way louder than the songs.

4 weeks later
#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I just got a p3 machine and Weird Al. I never played one before and don’t know much about it. How do you change the settings so the flippers are controlled by 1 button on each side instead of 2? Also, how do you adjust the flippers strength? Thank you

Going off of memory cause I'm at work. With Weird Al loaded up, open coin door and press launch button then close door so volume bar goes away, settings menu should be visible. Pretty sure it's settings/switches and then it should be the second option in the switches menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,999 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.