(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,733 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by May
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

After watching the video on how to change a game on Buffalo Pinball’s YouTube channel, I may consider getting one of these cool pins over another NIB pin. Heist looks amazing, and the plug and play aspect is incredible. I had no idea it would be that easy to change games. Hopefully a fully licensed game would add to the awareness factor of this type of pinball machine.

Thanks for watching! I’m looking forward to doing the next video based on the questions and feedback that the first one has generated. I really like the P3 so it’s fun to show off, especially since it’s so unique compared to a traditional pin.

2 months later
#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I jsut preordered a p3, wonder what this licensed game is. Looking forward to it.

Congrats! What game(a) did you order with it?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Looks like a miscommunication, its going to be weeks not months! I will probably order heist, but im really excited to see what this licensed game is! Please show us more!

I was gonna say, 10-14 months sounded way longer than the weeks other recent buyers had been quoted. Glad it'll be arriving sooner. My vote is for Heist of the existing playfield modules, but there's a lot to enjoy with Cosmic Cart and Lexy too.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've been searching to see if anyone has streamed or uploaded some SA video and haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing how it plays and hearing your opinion.

SA stream is on Monday night! Info below.

Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Regarding Lexi being a one app module, that’s not entirely true. The secret agent showdown minigame is a lot of fun too. Although it’s not a full-fledged multi mode game like the others, it is fun to boot and play a couple rounds while dinner is in the oven

There's also Hoopin' it Up, which is a Lexy playfield exclusive.

SA-Reveal (resized).jpgSA-Reveal (resized).jpg

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I wonder what Monday 8.30 means in my time? Maybe if someone posts a link after it's shown?

I'll have it up on the Buffalo Pinball YouTube channel after the stream, or you can watch the VOD on Twitch immediately after the stream ends.

You can put your time zone in here to convert Eastern to local time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210826T190000&p1=tz_et

1 week later
#207 2 years ago

It's not much, but Gerry did drop a nugget of new info about the next P3 game during our Sorcerer's Apprentice stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/FunHelplessMangoPanicBasket-V3i83oyAJt-yfwpE

#216 2 years ago

Yeah it's the "shatz" named for Neil Shatz, also known as an alley pass. It's intentionally shooting the ball up the inlane on the opposite side of the game. Example:

5 months later
#401 2 years ago

There's a Word Crime in the new topic title

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those of you who have Amazon Prime, the movie UHF is available to stream for free.
Just watched it last night for the first time since it came out in 1989. Great low budget 80's cheese fest.

Good to know, I'm gonna have to re-watch it soon. It's been a while!

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Paging the Magna-save in BK:SOR...

Oh god yes! I usually do the whole kneel down, put your one knee under the game, and lift your heel to prop up the game (to swap/remove legs, put something under the feet, etc).
I just finished powder coating my P3 and dear lord! I thought my calf was going to explode trying to hold the game in this position while I swapped the legs.
The Hobbit and surprisingly Safecracker were the 2 heaviest games I've moved. I think the P3 is about the weight of the 2 of them put together.

The P3 weighs 335 lbs (Source: Multimorphic support site), actually 16 lbs less than The Hobbit, which weighs 351 lbs (Source: JJP games page).

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 12.50.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-23 at 12.50.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-23 at 12.50.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-23 at 12.50.54 PM (resized).png
#501 2 years ago

Oh also for moving the P3: You can lighten the load by removing the playfield module, and if you want to go further, slide out the flipper module, playfield LCD, etc to make moving easier.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

The P3 weighs 335 lbs with or without a module installed?

That's with the Lexy playfield according to the site.

#504 2 years ago

I did just notice that that P3 pictured doesn't have the back box LCD in it, so that'll add some heft to it too.

#505 2 years ago

Here's the full breakdown on that page:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#509 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The issues I see relate primarily to the price, and the way the modular "swap in a new game" functionality can be seen to give better value and offset the upfront cost. Yeah, you can buy Heist, Lexy, Cosmic Cart Racing and Weird Al but you are still locked into one playable game at a time. So if the Cabinet/Platform plus 2 modules is roughly the same as 2 Stern Pros (as I heard on a recent Fliptronic Heist stream) you still only have the earning potential of a single Stern Pro. So cost-to-earnings is obviously going to suffer. I hear you on the way some locations have LEs and for them this consideration might not be of concern but it seems to me that Pros (or equivalent) are the primary location game AND the best cost-to-earnings out there.
It seems fairly obvious that P3s business model better suits the home market and I don't think that is too controversial to say. I don't want anyone to take my comments as a knock against P3, I want them to succeed, I want to own one, but first I want to be able to actually try one.

I'd figure an operator would sell off the old module once it's done earning, similar to video game kits in the 80s that put new games in old cabinets. The ability to refresh a game with a lower upfront cost could be appealing to an operator from that perspective.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

KevInBuffalo
How is your playfield lexan holding up after a year plus of owning it? Any fog/haze issues?

It's holding up great. I occasionally slide it out of the machine, give it a wipedown and then back in it goes. You'll see ball trails on it over time like any other playfield but being able to pull it out makes it way easier to clean.

#516 2 years ago

I just clean it with Novus 1 (2 if there is more dirt or any scratches to buff out). But yeah you could just replace the whole polycarb piece too if you wanted. Beats doing a playfield swap after you drop a screwdriver on it or something.

#525 2 years ago

Time to get out the scales!

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That HAS to be a typo somewhere. My experience was the same. Hobbit was really heavy. But the P3 is REALLY heavy. Some of it could be a weight distribution thing, but damn this thing just feels like a tank.

Here’s the weight from my shipping invoice. This is on the palette in the box with the Heist playfield (the heaviest one to date), the backbox monitor and all. So, that’s in line with the diagram above.

975A0F5F-7BD4-4EDD-BB6E-452D95C6F99D (resized).jpeg975A0F5F-7BD4-4EDD-BB6E-452D95C6F99D (resized).jpeg
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No Im Fat or Eat it?

See above.

Quoted from Coz:

I’ve seen this topic a few times. Why he doesn’t do Michael Jackson songs anymore
https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/weird-al-yankovic-michael-jackson-parodies-8517896/

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if any of you that are on the fence on buying a P3 / WAMH are twitch streamers but if you are you should check out the Twitchbot features they built into Heist. I don't know if it's in any other of the games on the platform but it lets viewers of your stream put in certain codes to cause the game to do things, like send a police car in Heist. Some of these are free and some of them that really disrupt the game like "lights out" cost bits which basically means the viewer is paying to f**k with you while you're playing. I don't watch a lot of live streams but I was pretty impressed with that little bit of coding right there!

Here's a demo on Cosmic Cart Racing where we do Twitch connect AND play online against each other. Gerry explains how it works at the start too:

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I've made it a point to add it to all of the games I've made (it's a fun challenge to think up creative ways to help or hinder the streamer).
Kevin, do you know if it exists on Multimorphic's other games, like ROCs, Barnyard or Shoot 'n Scoot?

I know it's on most of their games. It is on Shoot n' Scoot, but not Barnyard or ROCs yet I believe.

#793 2 years ago

This one just dropped too: https://flippinandmashing.podbean.com/e/ep-84-poppin-the-lid-on-weird-al-s-museum-of-natural-hilarity/

Ep. 84 - Poppin’ the lid on Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity

Show notes:

Flippin' and Mashing is the OUTLAW podcast where two buddies just have a lot of fun discussing video games, pinball and arcades!

In this episode we talk with special guests Gerry and TJ from Multimorphic about the new P3 game release, Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity. Those amazing feeling shots, the combos, the longest shot in pinball? Yes, we can finally talk about them!

Song List:

Amish Paradise
Like A Surgeon
My Bologna
White & Nerdy
Word Crimes
Dare To Be Stupid
Germs
Fun Zone
Hardware Store
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
I’ll Sue Ya
Mission Statement
Sports Song
Traffic Jam
Weasel Stomping Day
UHF
You Make Me

Links:

Deep dive of pictures and rules:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/multimorphic-announces-weird-als-museum-of-natural-hilarity-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Store:

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/wamonh/

[email protected]

https://www.multimorphic.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to contact us - [email protected]

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FlippinandMashing

Check out our merch - https://teespring.com/stores/flipping-mashing

#893 2 years ago

When do we get WAMONH added to the Pinside database so I can put it in my collection?

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Got a deposit in this morning for a standard. (#1322) Considering picking one or 2 other modules. Are there any that are stand out better than the others?

There was a discussion (and poll) about that over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3

#1037 2 years ago

If we can have CFTBL and RBION we can have WAMONH!

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Would love to see Eat it and Fat. I would pay extra if that would help. Pretty sure alot of us would. Come on Gerry let's make this happen.
[quoted image]

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/weird-al-yankovic-michael-jackson-parodies-8517896/

#1154 2 years ago

Slappywhite2001 I'm just gonna share this here

wamonh_shots (resized).pngwamonh_shots (resized).png

Never mind, RIP animated GIF

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Did you select "original size"?

Ooh that's the pro tip. Take 2.

wamonh_shots.gifwamonh_shots.gif
#1160 2 years ago

They did a promo deal around the launch of Heist, but you'd need a time machine for that one

1 week later
#1195 2 years ago

It’s stream day! I spent some quality time with the game yesterday and it’s SO FUN. Can’t wait to show you all tonight. We go live at 8 p.m. eastern/7 central: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

194F62DA-27FD-439B-850A-CE387C2E2065 (resized).jpeg194F62DA-27FD-439B-850A-CE387C2E2065 (resized).jpeg
#1226 2 years ago

Hey all -- thanks for tuning in to last night's stream! If you missed it live you can check out the Twitch VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1430868216

A small piece of it got flagged and muted, so I'm working on that to get it up on YouTube. Once that's up I'll get that link posted here too.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

s giving me some real RAZA vibes with how often it rejects.

It’s not a gimme shot but it’s super satisfying when you hit it. I went 3/3 on it for skill shots during one of my games last night so maybe those other guys just need to git gud

#1244 2 years ago

YouTube stream archive is now up! Thanks again to Gerry and the team for having me out, I had a blast.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

How difficult is it to remove the backbox from the main body? That's usually one easy way to shed 100 lbs or so quickly.

I posted a step-by-step over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/22#post-6805214

#1330 2 years ago

One of my favorite moments from the stream. The split flipper alley-oop to the spiral side ramp: https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorTameLampTBCheesePull-fbi74Ggl64mqKEoB

I highly recommend split flippering with a Pinburgh champ if you ever have the chance!

4 weeks later
#1399 2 years ago

Gerry gave an update with a bunch of parts pics over in the P3 thread a couple days ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/25#post-6891457

2 weeks later
#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

2. I was unimpressed with the bass on the system. I will be installing an external powered sub to mine when I receive it.

You should try ROCs with Scott Danesi's music in it before you dismiss the bass in the stock P3 system

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I never thought this would be an issue until I played Halloween. I thought "this isn't very...creepy or whatever..." and then I played it at a quiet location. 100% better.
I read somewhere that Al did 1300 callouts for this pin - is that a normal amount? It seems extraordinarily high.

Al did more than 2,000 callouts. From Pinball News:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1432 1 year ago

Shared some WAMONH production updates and new photos on our latest podcast. Here's the timestamp for that:

3 weeks later
#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

On the subject of added songs:
I just cast my vote in the poll, adding to the premium content lead.
That said, the poll didn't include my preferred solution: Allowing for user supplied songs to override the built-in songs.
I just checked my CD collection, I have 6 Weird Al CDs, that's a lot of possibilities...
BTW: I own:
Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits, Volume II
Running with Scissors
Poodle Hat
Mandatory Fun
Bad Hair Day

The modes are all themed after the songs that are in the game right now, this isn’t a jukebox style game (ala Metallica, Zep, etc) where it would work to just swap songs IMO

3 weeks later
#1491 1 year ago

Just in time for the long weekend! I'll be unboxing it on stream later today after the podcast
01D60A04-DBA9-40CC-B843-D5A83AA8C6AE (resized).jpeg01D60A04-DBA9-40CC-B843-D5A83AA8C6AE (resized).jpeg

#1494 1 year ago

Yeah it's the LE package plus some other goodies I ordered along with it.

#1496 1 year ago

Up and running! Here’s the extras I got: a USB button box and the apron art for Sorcerer’s Apprentice.

29AE353A-07A8-44E5-8E54-7D8373919E97 (resized).jpeg29AE353A-07A8-44E5-8E54-7D8373919E97 (resized).jpeg96265012-FE19-423E-AE93-D715E1625F32 (resized).jpeg96265012-FE19-423E-AE93-D715E1625F32 (resized).jpeg
#1498 1 year ago

You can use it for a few things, software updates, USB headphones or for a USB Wifi Dongle (which is what I’ll be using it for mostly).

1 week later
#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He did an unboxing and at least one play stream on Buffalo’s Twitch channel.
Does the kit come with the new speaker panel? I didn’t think it did

Mine came with speaker panel art but it won’t work with the old style P3 cabinet. I think they have an upgrade option planned for owners though.

1 month later
#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Those are sweet keychains I hadn't seen before!

If you go see Al on tour you can pick up this one!

IMG_9831 (resized).jpgIMG_9831 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

How are we going to watch this on Buffalo tonight when we know Kevin won't be getting there :kappa:

wowok.gifwowok.gif
#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Wait can you "save" your game somehow? Is that was a Savepoint is?

Yeah on the P3 you can do save states that let you pick up your game where you left off. I like to think of them like Stern's challenge modes (like Escape Nublar on Jurassic Park), except you have to earn your way there.

I might have one or two saves handy for tonight *just in case*

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The next licensed theme?!?

I wish! But instead it's a running meme that I can never reach portal on Tron. Only McSirTuna can do that!

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

How are we going to watch this on Buffalo tonight when we know Kevin won't be getting there :kappa:

Follow up: Get rekt Skip!

#1617 1 year ago

Here's the "Running with Scissors" game from last night. What a cool wiz mode and a perfect candidate for a save state:

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Damn, a little "spoiler alert" warning would have been nice

Al tells you that it’s always C when you start the mode!

1 month later
#1694 1 year ago

6.5 is the recommended height. Here’s the page from the quick start guide that mentions it. All the games play best at this setting IMO.

9507F584-7248-4AF3-84F4-59AA39B90CC1 (resized).jpeg9507F584-7248-4AF3-84F4-59AA39B90CC1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Finally got my game module installed and enjoying it. Could we please get an adjustment in the audio settings to lower call out/voice volume, Al's voice is way louder than the songs.

Increase the volume of the background music, then lower overall volume.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

When might that post for those of us that missed it.
Thanks

I won't be putting this one on YouTube but you can watch the archived stream on Twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1652999922?t=00h07m50s

2 months later
#2081 1 year ago

What's the pitch on your game's playfield? Multimorphic recommends 6.5 degrees in the quick start guide (leg levelers all the way in).

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.22.07 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.22.07 PM (resized).png
3 weeks later
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

The topper is too tall for my basement. It’s between two floor joists. I can’t push it back as far as my other games in the line or it will hit. I need to come up with something to prevent it from moving too far back when nudging. Maybe something that uses the rear leg bolts or something at floor height.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd swap those sliders for rubber feet, pull the other games forward to line them up and play on.

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Multimorphic isn’t real big on major updates after release - so here’s hoping! Certainly other games (Lexy,Rocs) make more use of the main playfield screen in that manner.

They’ve dropped some massive updates after initial release in the past, including stuff like the Big Final Heist, Running with Scissors mode, the entire career mode for Cosmic Cart, online play etc etc.

That said, you’re right—different games use the interactive screen more than others. It’s nice to have a variety game to game IMO.

1 week later
#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just saw the same thing happen to KevInBuffalo on his stream tonight. Nailed the ramp all night. Not once in fire hose. Some went 95% up and looked clean. Hard to say for sure on stream.

I failed the firehose mode because I missed all but two of the ramp shots, and the two I hit didn't go all the way up because they weren't clean shots. The shot gets "harder" because of the tension built up by the game -- that's good pinball!

Also, can we put this to rest now?

Quoted from d0n:

the ramp shots being rejected often and the skill shot nearly impossible to hit.

This is from about an hour of gameplay from tonight's stream. There’s a P3 pass in there for everyone, too.

#2277 1 year ago

Here’s my flipper settings.

E300C8A4-90A1-4F08-8479-066C65D1690C (resized).jpegE300C8A4-90A1-4F08-8479-066C65D1690C (resized).jpeg
#2280 1 year ago

You can get it from the Supplies Closet, too.

#2282 1 year ago

Yeah the mezz flipper doesn't need to be anywhere near that powerful since the ball doesn't have to go far. Definitely recommend cranking it down!

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I had maybe 15 or more successful spiral ramp shots in my normal game as well. Only in firehouse mode is what I’m referring to. It’s absolutely not an impossible shot and a great feeling when you land it. For my DFTF performance I at first resigned it to nerves which still may be at play obviously but didn’t look like it last night. I’ll get more comfortable with the mode and hopefully recognize the difference.

I've completed Fire Hose multiple times and have done it on stream. It's not a mechanical problem.

#2297 1 year ago

Here’s my left VUK settings. A lot will also depend on how the VUK tube is aligned, what pitch your game is at, how it’s leveled, etc. Just experiment and see what works best for your machine and setup.

D6E6673A-D16F-4FBA-8FDB-40E045E752A9 (resized).jpegD6E6673A-D16F-4FBA-8FDB-40E045E752A9 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#2496 11 months ago

Hey hey now, I got it eventually!!

1 month later
#2523 10 months ago

I’ve hit it a few times

#2527 10 months ago

What is your playfield pitch set to? Multimorphic recommends leg levelers all the way in, then just adjusted for level left to right.

1 month later
#2568 8 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

PM me a link and I'll join. I checked the Multimorphic Wiki and they don't seem to have any info on this.

The link for the P3 Discord is on the Community page, here: https://www.multimorphic.com/community/

8 months later
#2731 3 days ago
Quoted from May:

Is there an explanation somewhere on how I can remove the back box from the P3? Must be removed for transport.
Thanks

Right here, for the newer model P3 from DigitalJedi084 : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/62#post-7821231
And for the original style P3: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/22#post-6805214

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,500 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=kevinbuffalo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.