(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2182 1 year ago

Just sold mine after a couple months and less than 100 games. Couldn't get used to using the 5 flipper buttons. Yes I know they can be coupled but they lose power when you do that and you can't make it up the steep ramps regularly anymore. I wanted to love the P3 but couldn't. Sorry Gerry.

322499376_605001094766098_4013258761094267277_n (resized).jpg322499376_605001094766098_4013258761094267277_n (resized).jpg

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sigh. Great post. Useful, well thought out.

For a longer version of why I didn't like the P3 platform go read my review of weird al on the pinside game page. It's the most recent review.

#2190 1 year ago

I messed with set up extensively. I feel like I tried everything.

If you watch the gameplay reveal at multimorphic, you'll clearly see what I'm talking about with the ramp shots being rejected often and the skill shot nearly impossible to hit. Those top level players and the games designer had the same problems I was having.

I only watched the first 30 mins. of gameplay & Here's what I saw.

@ 5:08
@6:09
@6:22
@9:41
@10:35
@11:56
@15:31
@23:12
@25:27
@28:55
@29:23

#2191 1 year ago

These vids were taken with the rear feet all the way in and the front feet about an inch or slightly more out. I set it up to a pitch that was just shy of feeling "floaty". I was having the exact same issues that all of the weird al gameplay reveal players were having in their video.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Also…what model has five buttons?

P3 has 6 flipper buttons. Weird al's gameplay is designed to use 5 of those. 3 on the left and 2 on the right.

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay... maybe I'm completely ignorant and don't know how to play. I was tracking 4 buttons in use on Weird Al. What does the fifth one do and what is it used for? Front 2 do lower flippers and back 2 do upper flippers and rotate the in lane food reward. What does the fifth button do?

the 5th button (white button) on the left is the ONLY button that will operate the small upper flipper on the upper playfield... where you make sandwiches... getting up there in the upper playfield for me was a rare occasion and when I did, I wasn't quick enough to transition to the white flipper button and hit the ball so it dropped back down to the lower playfield.

00c0c_3cj55JLPwt4z_0fu0fu_1200x900 (resized).jpg00c0c_3cj55JLPwt4z_0fu0fu_1200x900 (resized).jpg
#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Don, I guess you didn't try my suggestion to use a variac to increase your low wall voltage? Could have been a $50 fix. I'm sorry we wouldn't do custom coils for you to attempt to overcome the low power, like you said you did for your other machine (STTNG?)
Yes, same button setting will weaken the performance. We much prefer separate buttons, but regardless, machines with the same button should have plenty of power... spiral and right ramp should both be no problem regardless of setup.
And as discussed in email, the original stream definitely did have issues making the spiral. No argument there. Like I said in the email, we didn't want to stop the stream to fix a scoop issue that was causing the ball to hop. The show must go on! Unfortunate to happen on stream, but that can happen in a live show. There are any number of videos that show it's not a systemic problem. If anybody else has trouble making the spiral, there are a few things to tweak to get it dialed in, but it's a beautifully smooth and rewarding shot - one of the best in pinball, IMO.
Sorry you didn't enjoy the machine, Don. Moving it on to somebody who will enjoy it sounds like the right move!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Gerry you didn't suggest a variac ever (to me anyway) because I would have bought one and tried it. You did ask me to test my voltage coming from the wall outlet. I did and sent you a pic. It was 110.3V. You blamed the performance issue on my wall outlet current. My electrician said that 110v is normal.

I asked you numerous times to recommend a higher power coil that I could use in place of the coils in the game but you always poo-poo'ed that idea.

I didn't ask for custom coils, just an off the shelf coil that I could buy somewhere and have installed. I put more powerful coils (off the shelf blue coils) in my stargate to make the steep ramp shots easier. It worked great. I dunno why that couldn't be an option for weird al owners too?

The flipper coupling option does in fact "weaken the performance"... making the game not play as intended which results in frustration and people walking away with nothing good to say about it. At least here at my location.

I tried to love it...heck, I tried to even like it. I suspect you'll see my game back up for sale soon.

#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

My last post on the topic. Again, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the machine.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com
[quoted image]

This is how hard I tried to make weird al play right. My other 32 pinball games all play fine but... at your suggestion Gerry, I bought a kill-a-watt so I could check the voltage going to the game. 110.3 is normal according to my electrician & my 32 other games.

From google...

"Is house wiring 110 or 120?

The most common electrical outlet in any home is a 110 volt. Sometimes you may hear 110 volt plugs referred to as 120 volt. Do not be confused by this; think of them as one and the same"

Now that you refreshed my memory, I do remember you emailing me this... "You could maybe put a "variable ac transformer" (variac) on your power outlet that feeds the P3. I can't say for sure if that will help or not without testing"

"Maybe and can't say for sure" weren't very reassuring phrases making me want to buy a gadget to arbitrarily add more voltage to my $11k pinball game. I didn't want to fry it.

IMG_20221231_143052 (resized).jpgIMG_20221231_143052 (resized).jpg
#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

This is how hard I tried to make weird al play right. At your suggestion Gerry, I bought a kill-a-watt so I could check the voltage going to the game. 110.3 is normal.
From google...
"Is house wiring 110 or 120?
The most common electrical outlet in any home is a 110 volt. Sometimes you may hear 110 volt plugs referred to as 120 volt. Do not be confused by this; think of them as one and the same"[quoted image]

#2209 1 year ago
Quoted from Juzam85:

I'm the one who bought Don's Weird Al machine.I've been a Weird Al fan since childhood, and this will be my first pin in my home. I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to arrive next week!
Don, thanks for showing these videos so I can try to troubleshoot if needed. I'm hoping I don't have issues with the ramps.
Gerry, thanks for the advice about the voltage. I just tested and have 124V coming out of my outlet, so maybe that will help with the flipper strength.
Additionally, Gerry thank you for making the P3 machine. I don't have a lot of room in my house for pins, so the innovative space-saving nature of the P3 is perfect for my use!
I also love to see innovation in pinball. Revenge from Mars in one of my favorite tables, and I've been waiting to see a modern integration of video and pinball. And then came the P3!

I hope the 124v from your outlet solves the issue I was having if you choose to couple your mid and lower flippers. If I uncoupled the flippers, the low power issue went away and I could hit ramps all day long without issue. I just couldn't get used to playing pinball using more than 2 flipper buttons. Nor could my guests who typically stay just one night in our short term rental.

There is so much innovation in the p3 platform. Other modules that dont use 5 flippers would likely be fine even with 110 volts. For me the 6 flipper buttons and the underpowered flippers using 110v were what prompted me to sell it.

Gerry went above and beyond to try to help. The customer service I received was the best in the business.

#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The thing is. When people come over. Especially non pinball people. They will not like the game if they have to use different flipper buttons for every flipper. I've seen it happen over and over. I want people to give weird Al a chance. Even with 4 flippers on 2 buttons and 1 mini flipper on another. 100% of people cannot get the hang of the mini flipper. They totally forget it about it every time. (casual or non pinball player).

Every single person that has come over to my house for play. Have absolutely HATED, multi button play. Hated it. They would never give Weird Al the time of day, nor ever consider buying one with that setup. Hence why I set mine to 1 button and kept it there.

Need to find a solution to making the single button design, play as good as the 2 button.

All of this is why I had to sell our weird al. The P3 definitely has lots of Pros but that one Con of having 6 flipper buttons is what ruins it for most people.

I also thought that the P3 always finishing its start-up at the menu screen was odd. My airbnb guests turn the arcade on and off by themselves with a single alexa command...alexa arcade on... turning 50+ games on at once. The ONLY game in the entire private arcade that didn't fully start up and was ready to play was the P3. Many of my airbnb guests couldn't figure out how to get weird al to play from the menu screen. They would text me and say the weird al game isn't working. That got annoying. The p3 should know what module is in it and start-up directly to that game each time... not to the menu screen.

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There is a setting that will make it boot up into whatever game you want (as long as the module is in). So you could make it turn on to Weird Al if you wanted to.

I had no idea.

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm able to hit that shot probably 1 out of 4 times.
I'm off to try the dual-flippers-on-one-button and see if I can make the ramps!

Being able to hit a very important ramp shot only 25% of the time isn't good. I'm curious how you often you were able to make the ramps shots after coupling the flippers... using 3 buttons instead of 5?

#2231 1 year ago

By the way, if just 3 more people leave a review on pinside for weird al, it will be eligible for the pinside 100 list. Lots of people on this thread haven't left a review.

#2237 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Why Don? You sold your game and have expressed your feelings (and left a bad rating). I love this thread, please don’t ruin it.

You're my best pinball buddy. I get most of my games from you even though you're 2 hours away. I don't want to piss you off but how is giving my honest opinion on a game that I've owned (bought from you even), ruining the thread? Others are saying the same exact things I am. Weird Al and the P3 platform has some major flaws. Why can't they be pointed out without individual owners taking it so personal?

I know you champion all the small boutique companies and for some reason take it very personally when anyone says anything that is remotely not positive about one of their games. I don't understand that.

People can point out the negatives about wizard of oz and gilligans island (or any game I own) all day long and I would never take it personally even though they are my 2 favorite games of all time.

#2290 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

This is from about an hour of gameplay from tonight's stream. There’s a P3 pass in there for everyone, too.

Nice! Were you playing in 2 button or 4 button mode? I'm not seeing the bottom flippers moving as youre nailing the spiral ramp.

The problem of not being able to get up the ramps consistently happens when you are in 2 button mode... the mode that most pinball players will want to play the P3 in.

Put your game in 2 button mode and shoot the same shot. What happens?

#2309 1 year ago

How is gerry going to make a new game module when he's a year backlogged on weird al? I dont get it.

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Weird Al has officially made the top 100 list at #21.

This just shows how inconsequential and wrong the pinside 100 is.

#2316 1 year ago

There's a year long wait for your weird al customers games.

How/when will multimorphic be able to make a new game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,999 (OBO)
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=d0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.