(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,733 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by May
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 2 years ago

P3 has always been the most innovative pinball we have seen since P2K. Always awesome to see what they bring to the table next. It's always been a little out of my price range. But I may have to get one finally.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

If you want to check mine out, you're welcome to

i've played P3 plenty. Been playing it at every show even before Lexy was fully developed. And played freds extensively

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have you played Heist? I’ve not played Lexy but it’s a huge advancement from the other games I’ve played

no but I want to. Looks killer.

1 week later
#129 2 years ago

So SA is officially the theme? cute play on Wizard blocks. Has anyone seen the insert yet? This maybe the push I need to pull the trigger on a new P3 system.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This is the theme for the full new game reveal on the CCR playfield. The "NEW" playfield w/ scott D's music is still in development.

I figured this was just an add on for those who own Cosmic Cart racing. Some were thinking this is the new one.

By insert I was meaning new modular

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Neo! I hope you get to try a p3 out!

i've been playing P3's before lexy was even a thought. Been following it closely through all it's development. It was the most innovative thing to pinball, even before it had a game to go with it. I've played it many times. The price was high (now about the same by todays prices), and waiting for that special game to get me to pull the trigger. Have not played heist yet. but have played everything before it.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

sorry, I mean all the new games/pf's. I'm sad I didn't play it earlier. It will be neat to see what you think of the new games and progression of the platform.

yes me too. I've always been excited about P3. Everytime JJP would say he is so innovative, i'd Scoff, because his games are not innovative. P3 is innovative. P2k was innovative.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Played early units at TPF way back when they were new.Didn’t think it felt like pinball as much as I would’ve liked, but Heist does feel good and would like one.JJP was very innovative and still adds new and cool stuff to their lineup.

innovative how? because they add a video display? Nothing innovative about that. P3 has way more innovative tech than just being able to track the balls speed and direction, interact with a motion graphic playfield. the hidden scoops and walls, the mechs and how they work, are all revolutionary and new ideas. out of the box thinking. Like P2k was. JJP doesn't have anything "new" to bring to pinball except higher NIB prices than we have ever seen.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

At the time when JJP jumped into the game subways were a thing of the B/W past.Better light and sound in pinball Recently the first with Bluetooth WiFi and Scorbit.There’s other things they’ve added but right now because of the fucking playfield issues we need to forget any good and just bash the shit out of these fuckers!

Better light? are you fucking serious? JJP has the WORST GI's of ANY pinball machine i've seen made. The light distribution is Piss poor at best. horrible horrible GI lighting.

P3 has no innovations that is above and beyond anyone else in pinball.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IDK I think Hobbit was pretty well lit, and DI, and POTC for that matter. WOZ, yeah pretty dark.

play GNR once. You can't see crap. POTC is hard to see as well.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Please forgive me a moment of bragging. It's taken literally dozens of man-years to implement the things in this list: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-features
The desire to innovate is what got us started, and we have a lot more coming.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

you have every right to brag. That is why P3 is so special. It's a whole new dimension to innovation.

#174 2 years ago

JJP creates his own open doors for bashing.

Trying out the new P3 stuff on friday. Can't wait to see how the new stuff plays.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Yes! I'm going to help make Neo an owner!

I've been on the verge of being an owner since it's conception and before Lexy has been released. Was waiting for funds and more games to develop. Wanted for them to work out the bugs and release games that knock my socks off. Heist looks promising, as well as SA/CCR. The Licensed theme could most definitely push me over.

#183 2 years ago

If P3 Got the BTTF license, I think I would lose my mind and could not get my money in fast enough.

Another good license which would work great with P3, would be from the Game portal. So many possibilities with the P3 platform.

#186 2 years ago

add on software for existing kits is completely worth it. If one theme or rules doesn't appeal to you, the other might. So it's a win win and easier to do, since you don't have to make hardware for it. SA is the reason i'm considering the CCR depending on how SA plays, which i'll find out tomorrow.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've been searching to see if anyone has streamed or uploaded some SA video and haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing how it plays and hearing your opinion.

turbografx7 will stream SA, if they havn't already.

1 week later
#223 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I *still* don't know how you're going to get all 85 ramps into one playfield module, though, Gerry. That's an engineering marvel!

it would look like a ball of string.

KITTEN............. The pinball adventure.

5 months later
#452 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

But Weird Al is a FORMER pinball guy," I used to be a pinball freak... that's where you'd find me every week... but now it's Pac-Man".

why is the title squeeze box (a who song) but the song is the beatles taxman?

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Looks awesome. Does anyone know if shipping is included at the list prices? There is no mention of shipping anywhere on their website (that I can see).
I haven't played a P3 since the year it was first shown at Expo, and I honestly wasn't thrilled by it back then, but I know much has changed and improved since. I wish there were more of them around that I could give it another try first, but damn this has me tempted. Have to admit, Heist looks pretty awesome too now that I have really looked at it.

you can come over and try mine out if you want.

#660 2 years ago

what's nice about P3, is you can change the cabinet art in about 4 seconds.

#664 2 years ago

yes it feels like pinball. Heist feels like a stern game when I played it. It plays snappier and better than JJP games.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Since the LE package is an "add-on" and ordered separately, does that mean you would get both complete art packages? That might be wishful thinking, but it would be kind of cool to swap between the packages.
Also, I asked in the P3 thread, but I will ask here too. What is the deal with the translites? I thought the entire translite area of the backbox was an LCD? That seems backed up by this:
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/backbox-display/
So...why are translites sold with the art packages? Is it for early machines that didn't have the LCD? And then for Al, does the LE include a physical signed translite just for framing?

If you buy an LE, you could just buy the standard art package, and you can swap between the two whenever you want. The LE only comes with the LE art. Standard art will always be available.

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup.
Most kiss fans want the 70s Bally anywAy

I don't know why. That game is kinda boring. Stern one is way better.

Now with rolling stones. The bally wins over the stern.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

It's cute that you used the word "kinda", there. That's diplomatic of you.
All four of the machines in question that you speak of, I find basically awful.

I had miss world for years, which was the kiss layout and rules. So it's like having Kiss but way better artwork. Sexy girl, is 100X's more fun than Miss World ever was.

1 month later
#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I think MMP3 WAMONH is the longest acronym I’ve ever seen.
That’s all I had to add to this discussion.
Might as well add a pic of mini me and I having fun at TPF.
-Nash
[quoted image]

we could just change it to WAL for Wierd Al

1 week later
4 weeks later
#1413 1 year ago

It was Sad it was not represented at Midwest Gaming Classic.

2 months later
#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Up and running! Here’s the extras I got: a USB button box and the apron art for Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
[quoted image][quoted image]

i wish sorcerers apprentice had cabinet art as well.

#1501 1 year ago

well, I already told him I was in for the sorcerers apprentice art. Especially if they used the art, but made it generic so the game wasn't listed on it. Especially the speaker panel. Just the art.

1 week later
1 month later
#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The next licensed theme?!?

I fucking wish. I actually tried to get this license from Valve, but none of my contacts have contacts with valve. If you know anyone that knows someone there. I think we could get this license to happen.

Can you imagine the possibilities? Moving walls, skip ramps with portal holes. Pop up turrets, Companion cube drops blocking holes?

3 months later
#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

In the up position, the ball does not get stuck
In the down position, the flap at the ramp entrance is slightly lifted and a ball will get stuck at the bottom if hit lightly. Which does not happen often.
I can submit a ticket or try to call tomorrow. I don’t want to bend anything until I talk to you.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got one of the first Als, and my flap does the same thing. Had to bend it down once, and eventually bent back up again. They need a new batch of real spring steel. I think the stuff they were sent was not legit spring steel.

#1862 1 year ago

misaligned left to right or up and down? There are settings for the sweep. farthest left and right and center, might need to adjust the sweep.

#1885 1 year ago

P3 was the only game i've ever had, that I could not physically lift the back end to put the rear legs on. I couldn't even lift it 1" off the ground standing behind it. It was challenging to get it on something to raise it up.

2 weeks later
#1933 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yikes, in a good way. Had a game night the end of last week to introduce Weird Al to the game room (Ice Ice Arcade). Was supposed to be three hours, ended up going for six. The overall opinion on the game was they liked how complex the playfield module was and how much rules the game had. They were also impressed at how easy it was to work on the games and how most of the settings were through the software. They also thought the game was way more fun than the times they played it at shows, which makes sense when its set up better and you can actually hear it. The one complaint was with how nasty the outlanes were. I forgot to adjust them before everyone arrived so they were wide open.... kept the ball times down LOL. 120 games played, 17 people, no issues, total blast. I can't wait for the other modules to arrive and to see what the two new ones will be (checkbook ready).
The calm before the storm. P3 gets the center spot in front of the windows (also to allow the modules to be changed out)[quoted image]

yes, the outlanes wide open are insanely brutal. I kept mine wide open for league and tournament as well.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got the call that my Weird Al would be delivered today. Told work I was working from home this morning, cleaned up the garage and waited. Get a call an hour into the delivery window saying it didn’t come in from Chicago yet and now the soonest they can get it here is next Tuesday. I know it’s not the end of the world, but man…what a bummer. I have a four day weekend coming up and it would have been perfect to celebrate New Years. Oh well. Just needed to vent. It will be worth the wait!

call the terminal and see if you can pick it up. I've done it before.

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Nice! I’ve had family over and they loving Weird Al. My game stopped ball searching which is frustrating and it loses the ball when enters the back of the ticket counter scoop (on a weird slow roll around back left, happens about once every two game). Glad people enjoying this though!

sounds like the switch for that scoop isn't being consistent. You need to look into that. probably a loose connection or loose screw. Should be an easy fix. mine never misses the ball.

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks! I think it was more a problem with the alignment the first time I had the module back in. Since pulling it and reseating it with that orbit flap on the correct side, it seems to have cleared up. The first time or two was a little pokey, but after a few plays and sitting overnight it seems all good now. I'm sure it was just rubbing a bit since it wasn't in perfectly. I'll keep an eye on it and check those nuts if it slows down again. Thanks again!

and when putting a module back in, don't forget to take all the balls off the line and throw them in the tray before attempting to put the module back in.

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

I played Weird Al for the first time today.
I gotta say I was impressed with it.
Nice shots, with some good flow.
I am not a fan of the P3 set up either.
Couldn't get into Heist at all.
Probably because I suck at the game.
My only complaint really on Weird Al is the flippers.
Almost impossible for me to switch back and forth between upper and lower when needed.
I'm sure with more practice on it might get easier.

you can change it in the settings so the upper and lowers are on the same button. people that come over, would never like the 2 button system, so I have it set to one button. Or the game would never get any love here.

1 week later
#2017 1 year ago

I was like. where did you get the mirror side art from...... then realized I never pulled off my cabinet art. I guess if I wanted to go neutral, I can just take the art off completely.

Has anyone ever stacked art on this game? like own multiple art packages and just keep them stacked on the game? Does it work?

#2038 1 year ago

plus if you ever need to do arcades, you will want the extra power. You want to have power to spare, not be right on the edge.

#2059 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It doesn’t relax all the way down when the ramp is lowered, and can cause a ball trap

yes. I have the same problem. It's a problem with the spring steel. For now, just wait for the ball search to remove it. bending it down, will only solve the problem for a couple of weeks. Only way to solve this for good, is to drill out the rivets, and replace with different spring steel.

2 weeks later
#2118 1 year ago

mine comes loose too. lock washer is a good idea.

3 weeks later
#2215 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For what it is worth, my P3 has never had flipper issues. I measure 120 at the wall.
[quoted image]

The flipper issue is not due to lack of power. It's from putting the upper and lower flippers on as 1 button configuration. There isn't a delay or EOS break switch, to give a .05 sec delay from when the lower flippers are activated, to give power to the upper flippers. This lack of delay system, overtaxes the system, and causes random flippers to be weak with loss of power. Either on the upswing, causing a ball to knock the flipper down, or a flipper to just not fire at all or seconds after flipping.

if you really want to see it in action. Hit both flippers at the same time constantly, and you will see random flipper activity. (if you have upper and lower set to 1 button).

There are 3 solutions I can see to resolve this problem.
Either program a force delay, with 1 button config. So that the upper flippers do not fire until a 200ms passes from firing the bottom flippers (simulating a EOS switch).
Or have the flippers have manual switch activate when the bottom flippers fire, that activates the top flippers. Sterns early SS iron maiden has this on the flippers. Doesn't do anything else. but the upper flippers will still work normal if you arch over the switch. It's only there to delay the firing of the upper flippers slightly, to stop this from happening.
Or add a 2 stage button to the red buttons as an option.

#2218 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Oh sure... wait until I say I'm done with the topic and then get technical. You know I can't resist a good technical discussion!

Sorry, that's not true. Low wall voltage absolutely impacts flipper performance. V=IR is a good starting point, but it's much more complicated here because the loads are inductive, and the regulated power supply attempts to keep the voltage constant. What gives is the available current the supply can provide. Bump up the wall voltage, and the regulated supply can provide more current and therefore more power to the flipper. 9% more voltage will make an impactful difference.
Single button vs separate button obviously matters because the current is divided when circuits activate at the same time. You're right that delayed activation by any of the 3 means you suggested would help ensure more current to each circuit (especially important when chimp flipping, as you described). There are other ways to do it too, including LC circuits. Good mod opportunity for those deadset on single button play. Just consider the ramifications when there are additional features mapped to the secondary buttons and/or other P3 games that use the buttons differently.
The best option is just to play as the machine was originally designed... with separate buttons. Otherwise make sure your wall voltage isn't low, and don't chimp flip!
Can we put this to rest now? I should be spending my time on other projects that may or may not render this discussion entirely moot.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

The thing is. When people come over. Especially non pinball people. They will not like the game if they have to use different flipper buttons for every flipper. I've seen it happen over and over. I want people to give weird Al a chance. Even with 4 flippers on 2 buttons and 1 mini flipper on another. 100% of people cannot get the hang of the mini flipper. They totally forget it about it every time. (casual or non pinball player). WHich isn't a big deal, because it just comes back down to the bottom.

Even if you don't chimp flip. The upper flipper will be weaker than it should. I've seen the flipper get knocked back down when making contact with the ball about 40% or more out in mid flip. Or massive loss in power.

My statement about power loss, didn't mean that low voltage a the house couldn't effect performance. I just ment, that the p3 system isn't have flipper problems due to the flippers not being powerful enough. Flippers have plenty of power. It's just the distribution of power that is the problem.

Now I know you keep wanting p3 to be a multiflipper button setup. But every single person that has come over to my house for tournaments, leagues, and casual play. Have absolutely HATED, multi button play. Hated it. They would never give Weird Al the time of day, nor ever consider buying one with that setup. Hence why I set mine to 1 button and kept it there. and it worked for all my other games. Heist plays no problem with 1 button configuration. I can do everything I need to do. but it is kinda frustrating that the upper flipper spikes with power loss from time to time.

There has to be a solution we can do, to make the duel button users AND the single button users happy, and have the flippers perform flawlessly regardless of which format we use. Power spikes, have been the only issue people have been complaining about. The game is solid, enjoyed, and loved. It's been well received with the 100's that have played mine. But I do need to find a solution to making the single button design, play as good as the 2 button.

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have to agree with Neo. I just can't do the multi button set up. I have gotten mostly used to the separate button for the mezzanine flipper, but that is only because of how rarely the ball is up there (and honestly after two months of ownership, I STILL forget about 50% of the time). For the main upper flippers...sorry but no way. Not with how often they come into play, and especially for times like multiball. I simply can't manage two sets of buttons during multiball...I end up ignoring the uppers in those circumstances, or getting frustrated because I would have made the shot, but wasn't on the right button. It is too big of a leap (at least for me) after so many decades of the single button convention. And for any casual players...absolutely not. 90% of the time they ignore upper flippers anyway, and that will quickly become 100% if they wouldn't have to use a different button on top of it.
Plus, to be perfectly honest...as much as I love my P3...it isn't the only machine I play. Especially as a tournament player, but even as a "for fun" player, I do not WANT to get used to a multi button set up, because with very few exceptions, no other machine is set up like that. Sure, you can argue for games like Haunted House, but to me that is completely different as you only have to switch when you go to an entirely different playfield, and the pace of the game is not even in the same ballpark. Having to manage that on the same playfield is very different to me. If I get used to reaching for a different button, and in a tournament I'm playing Spiderman and go for that button to hit the Venom ramp, guess what happens. Not good. I shouldn't have to rewire my brain for a completely basic, core pinball muscle memory depending on what machine I am playing. Sorry but things like Magnasave and action buttons are not the same...at all. I am talking flippers only here. That is why I am so thankful P3 has the flexibility to allow for a traditional configuration. Multiple button setup is simply not going to work for a huge chunk of your audience, no matter how much Multimorphic wants it to. I respect the desire, and that it is the design intent, but it just isn't going to happen for most of us.
Side note...I do love the extra buttons for other functions...such as lane change. That took a little getting used to, but since it is a separate function, it didn't take much. I would also be good with them used for interacting with the screen or a diverter (Shadow style), or toy or something, but just not for my flippers.
This is the first I have heard about flipper strength issues related to the single button configuration. It does make sense though, and explains a few things that I have noticed...especially the huge lack of hold strength on the upper flippers. I had sort of assumed that was by design to not need a hold winding or something along those lines, but this explains it. The hold strength is a slight bummer, but really not a big deal. The bigger deal is if it does randomly affect the flip power, and while I do not think it is something that happens often, it would explain why once in awhile I hit what felt like a clean shot that doesn't make the spiral. I assumed it was skill related, LOL. I will say a good, clean shot makes it nearly always, but this could explain those that do not. I do not feel it is a huge deal, but if something could be done about it, that would be great.
My ultimate wish would be for staged primary flipper buttons, like almost all other manufacturers do. With P3s modularity, it should be an easy thing to offer as an add-on. I bet you would sell a ton. From the outside looking in, it seems like a no brainer.
All that said, I mean no disrespect to Multimorphic or the design intent. It must be frustrating for Gerry to read things like this when so much thought definitely went in to his reasoning. I am truly happy for those that enjoy the stock set-up and are capable of using it correctly. I get why it has advantages. I absolutely love my machine and do not find how it is currently to be a deal breaker. But making some tweaks to better accommodate those of us with no ability or desire to get used to the multi button configuration would be very nice to have.

exactly this.

I noticed the slight variations in power while I played, but didn't realize why or how until Dan came over to play. When he was playing in multiball, he did a lot of double chimp flipping, and that's when we noticed some of the main or upper flippers, would sometimes not flip at all, or flip halfway. That's when we narrowed it down. So if you want to see the flipper power loss, just chimp flip a lot and you will see it happen.

I don't want people to think anything Negative about the P3 platform. I absolutely LOVE the P3. Ever since Gerry introduced it to expo (before Lexy even existed), I thought it was the most innovative platform ever produced. And Still do. It's the most innovative platform ever made for pinball. So awesome. Weird Al is way better than expected. And I promote the living shit out of P3 to everyone that comes over. Because overall, it's a great system. So my comments about the flipper issues, are not to bash P3. I want those issues resolved. So P3, so it can go from being a good system with some issues. To a great system, with NO issues. I know Gerry really wants to push this multibutton system. But it just won't happen. Many of us have been playing pinball for decades, and still feels out of place. I have lots of people over every month. many that have never been here before. (maybe 50 people a month), and not one of them would give P3 a chance when I had it set on 5 button setup. Not one. They would play 2 or 3 games, and walk off to something like godzilla or Iron maiden. After changing to the 3 button setup. People would stay and play 10, 15, 20 games on it. They loved it, and it could hold it's own against Sterns best. Remember D&D? that game was a failure because you had to use extra buttons to close the side lanes. Not well received at all. Extra buttons for things like lane changes, Shadow diverters, magna saves are different. They are not the main control platform, and not critical if you forget to use them. Flippers are. Upper flippers do NOT get in the way, with single button setup. You can easily drop the flipper fast enough to allow the ball to get past your lane. Plus, if you trap a ball behind the flipper during multiball. It keeps you from trapping with the lower flippers, or you will release your upper trapped ball. The power issue can be resolved with a little engineering. Either with software or hardware. But it NEEDS to be done. The game will be more loved with this change. It will be better for all of us as players, and better for P3. I want P3 to succeed and thrive in every way possible.

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I’ve gotten to drink from the firehouse a few times now and can’t tell if it’s my heightened tension and inexperience with this mode but it definitely feels like I don’t have the same power on the upper flipper as I do during standard modes. Anyone else notice this?
How can I ensure my spiral ramp is tweaked to perfection as well? I can hit the shot but get a lot of 95% up the ramp shots that appear perfectly clean and should make it. I upped the flipper power by 2 but still experience the issue. Inexperience or is there something I should be liking at to make sure the ramp is as it should be?

do you have single button setup for upper and lower flipper or 2 button setup? This is where you notice a difference.

#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I’m on two button set up. Single button was even more confusing with the upper flipper being a different button.

Justin, are you talking about this part? Where the rising ramp meets the fixed piece? As mine is a little high it seems. My feed is perfect. I’ll see about lowering my ramp height to match.[quoted image]

that's why you are feeling variations in upper flipper strength. That is primary thing we were discussing with power loss.

for your spiral ramp, you want your ramp to be set, as smooth across as possible. Too high and the ball will hop and bounce, and maybe lose more momentum because of the increase in pitch. Too low and you will catch the edge of the next platform. So find that sweet spot. You can fine tune it in the software.

#2262 1 year ago

higher number means it extends higher, lower number drops it down. Test in coil/servo test to test it out.

1 week later
#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

This just shows how inconsequential and wrong the pinside 100 is.

I disagree. it's wayyyy better than games like MB, TOM, JJP GNR, or any JJP game for that matter. It's better than most. Very well done, and a top 3 favorite of people that stop by my house to play.

3 weeks later
#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

hi, just received my WA LE.... this is one heavy machine...I didn't think I would ever get the rear lifted by myself even with the cart but finally made it happen... powered and working...pretty cool
question
on the flipper control currently its separate buttons...kind of not used to it
what's the preference of everyone..single button or dual buttons?
if I wanted to go to single flipper button control where is that setting located? having trouble finding it...
time to play

I tried doing separate buttons, but I have so many random people show up at my house. Nobody would give it more than 2 games with separate buttons. With it set to single button operation. People play 10-15 games instead. Even with the power lag spikes. It's still more appealing with one button config. I'm thinking about trying to build a double stack flipper button setup on the main buttons. So red and white buttons are on the same button. But might mess with diagnostics and other settings that use both buttons. I wish they would just fix it in software, but giving a 1 sec delay to the top flippers when using single button use. that would solve this problem.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Maybe 0.1 sec?

yes, 0.1 to 0.5 sec should be sufficient. I believe in manual EOS switches, allow a 0.70 MS gap between upper and lowers.

#2398 1 year ago

either or. Double flipper is faster than EOS. Where True EOS is actually like 1.5 sec.

#2405 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Were EOS switches actually used to trigger an upper flipper?
I thought they were just to deactivate the primary flipper coil, so it would not burn out while holding.
- Mark

many early SS games have a double stack EOS that activate the upper flippers. I have the early SS Iron Maiden, and they have EOS switches on the lower flippers just for that purpose.

2 months later
#2521 10 months ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

We discussed this stuff a lot when designing the rules. Ultimately it came down to how much complexity do you throw into the game (stop the game, introduce another choice screen and timer) and more things to slow down the game. While I agree that is is a bummer when you accidentally hit the shot and you get kicked out of a mode you didn't want to end early, we had to have a way of letting players exit 3 minute plus song modes after a certain success threshold was met in case they wanted to move on, so it is a necessary evil. Plus we figured that having the exit gated by the drop target gave the player at least one oopsie.
Also, as the guy who dreamed up the police car passes in Heist, I am kinda a mean bastard who loves negative shots, and I find all of your tears to be a salty, tasty treat! Yum yum! I am like the Anti-Steve Ritchie. Play Worse! I love it!
Now I feel like going and rewatching KevInBuffalo miss the crosstown a million times. Soo good!

I have to agree. This is one of the reasons alien poker is one of my favorite games. Bummer shots, punish those who play slop.

#2532 9 months ago

make sure your spiral ramp exit (at the top) is set right. Someone had it before, where the platform was actually on top of the wire spiral. Made it impossible for the ball to go all the way up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.