(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
20230804_113638 (resized).jpg
WAMONH first play (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

Anyone got any guesses for the following theme?
I honestly have no clue... Wondering if the rumor mill has a clue

#21 2 years ago

As long as it isn't Barbie or my little ponies.

1 month later
#50 2 years ago

I keep trying to invite myself over to the manufacturing site... for "lunch"... to spy something...
but I keep getting turned down for "covid" reasons.
So; don't feel bad ... as even I can't get an inside scoop.

#53 2 years ago

Unsure if he's trolling me or trying to be funny.
Eitherway; not amused.

2 weeks later
#60 2 years ago

I *think* Scott's music is in SilverFalls; right?
Not in the "licensed" title which is next from Mulimorphic.

1 week later
#77 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Maybe a new CCR update / new game for the CCR module also

No. I get the impression this is a new game with new pf modules... Licensed.
That Said, im probably wrong

Ie it wouldn't make since to blow licensing dollars at and existing playfeild module.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

You're right about being wrong!

Often the case. Happy to be wrong. Now; where's my checkbook?

#93 2 years ago

Am I the only one who sees a stack of poker chips?

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

New bottom playfield part i betcha you are right.

Actually; it looks like a old style Bally pop bumper body... but in a red clear format which I've never seen.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3713-44

detail[1] (resized).jpgdetail[1] (resized).jpg
1 week later
#157 2 years ago

Let's not contaminate this thread with JJP fanboi-ism. Take it to another thread.
Or else I'll be forced to discuss the craptastic customer service and Clear Coat problems and we don't need yet another thread about how terrible JJP is.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I wonder if MM is going to release another game for the Lexy playfield at some point?

I'd be surprised. It'd more likely come from a 3rd party.

It's theme specific unlike the CCR PF. (toys, art)

Trust me; I'd love to get more bang for my initial investment. I just personally think that Multimorphic is busy building "new stuff" rather than rehashing old stuff. CCR is still fairly new... Canyon Lagoon and Lexy are first gen stuff.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I honestly don't understand why the host of Kaneda's Pinball Podcast is so anti-P3

Not sure that is the case... it just doesn't get the views because Stern and JJP-McFlashey gets all the viewer eyeballs.
I know Gerry has been on K's Podcast at least twice. I couldn't care to watch/listen because it's K.

Regardless; as long as Gerry continues the good fight - I'm hopeful his company will be the leader at some point.
That said; I'm biased as I truly do not like ANY of the other "leaders" of this industry.

2 months later
#246 2 years ago

The P3 don't need no stinkin' topper... We get DLCs in the form of new games for no more than 500usd.
Stern Toppers which add DLCs are way more north of that and a much less value.

Raise your hand if you physically change the Art when you move to a new PF module? Do you do it every time?
No; I didn't think so... so no... I don't see Toppers working at all for this platform.... Except maybe in the early 22nd century when Teleporters are invented by Dr Emory Erickson... then Toppers for the P3 would make sense. By then tho... I'll be a forgotten part of the masses 6ft under.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Really enjoyed the Sorcerer’s Apprentice game at HAAG.

You'd really like it more being able to hear the insults. That's my favorite part of that game.

3 months later
#271 2 years ago

Sometimes you're the nail... others the hammer.

Clash of the titans? Nah. they'd have led with an owl?
Chisel ... I'm thinking it's a Dewayne The Rock Johnson theme... or maybe Terry Crews.
Are there dancing boobies or eyebrows?

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Just tell us already!

Or you can just order it sight unseen.
I'm already in on game #5 - given it's a license.
Gerry, I am in the list right?

Is Betelgeuse really a Grail theme for anyone?

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m putting my money

If I were in a betting mood; I'd wager the license theme will be something no one has considered.
Multimorphic has a pretty good track record of doing stuff we don't expect.
Three magnet accelerator ramps on a Cart Racing game? That's not something you'd expect from any other manufacturer.
I'm just sure that Multimorphic can't just phone a theme in like certain "leaders" do.

#302 2 years ago

Does the rock have a star of Fame?
I guess he does. Humm
Let's see that the next clue is.
Are any of his works ok. Legend grail theme status? Jumanji, but I'd argue that the Robin Williams version was much better that his.

#380 2 years ago

I'm so happy for Gerry's team!
Not surprised br the negative nancies... Every release has them.
I guess it's a sign of the success.

Personally I was all in months ago. The right level of funny and the right level of theme integration. Looking forward to the game play reveal in the coming days.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

pricing will be on this?

Guessing current model plus license fee plus inflation adder.
I'm guessing a module would be south of 4k-5k. But what do I know?
We know it'll be at tpf... So game reveal soon via a vbloger

solarvalue change the title of this thread - Stat.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don’t want to sell my ccr! But could I,

I think there is a mechanism to transfer game modules to new people. I'm sure there is a limit to the frequency of transfers; but questions like this are best sent to Multimorphic's support.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm warming up to the theme a little, but I'm still curious if songs can be changed on P3 games. Like can I change Amish paradise back to gangster paradise for example. Just like pinball browser

No. A pinball browser like tool does not exists. At the moment; there is no way to swap songs.
I don't see a tool like this being created until there is WAY more P3s in the market.

Multimorphic won't be creating a tool like this... because you know they can't provide software to modify a licensed title... that's not the way licensing works.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Scott Danesi on music just doubles down the willingness.

I think we all know at this point this isn't true.
Where did the "source" of this rumour come from?
Scott is not re-doing the music from Weird Al; that would just be a stupid stern move like they did on GOTG.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is the opening post in the thread and it quotes Gerry as the originator.

Re-read that line. emphasis added

Scott Danesi is working on the audio package!

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Amish Paradise is a must.

My personal favorite; is "its all about the Pentiums"... but not sure that made the cut.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Mine looks scratched also but you can’t see it when it’s on so I don’t care.

Exactly.
IIRC; Gerry has stated in his Q&A sessions at seminars that their Prototype units on the floor has the same piece of polycarbonate in it.
Yes; when the game is off - they look beat to hell.
When they are on and in game; you just don't notice it.

Me; I don't notice it but wouldn't be concerned at all about going to lowes and getting a replacement rather than trying to sand/polish out the scratches.

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

As said above it's not so bad when the machine is on, but as i tried to show in my pic, it's certainly not invisible from the players perspective, it makes it look cloudy and the larger scratches can be seen.

The lexan surface is a consumable. Just like PF rubber. Just like Coil Sleeves. Nothing to see here; move on.
Unless; of course, you'd rather the ball roll on the LCD panel and you'd have to replace the whole monitor.

This feels like "are PF dimples" normal conversations. Nothing stands up to a Steel ball; not even another Steel ball.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

So they sell the surface? How hard is it to replace?

Idk IF multimorphic sells them directly.
Gerry has said in multiple seminars that you can buy it from Lowes or home Depot in the cut to size department. I suspect you can get 2-3 playfield sheets from a single 24x48inch sheet.

I have no doubt this is true because I've bought 0.25 lexan from them before for other applications.

#549 2 years ago

Here's the detail on replacing that plastic on the P3:

I couldn't find the plastic in Multimorphic's store nor could I find detailed measurements in their tech support documenteds.
I suspect this is simply an oversight and they'll get the information on their site.

#604 2 years ago

"PM Sent"... oh yeah, right.
Have my Draft email saved and ready to go out at 9am Monday.

#658 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

disappointed that Multimorphic is going the route of limiting and charging separate for different art packages (especially when it comes to the digital art on the back box).

Why? Im actually surprised it took them this long. Why leave money on the table.
I've been personally pushing multimorphic to start doing LE features.
I welcome the topper, the custom art, etc.
Now... If they start putting game code behind LE features... Then, yeah. I'm with yah

#677 2 years ago

Why is it limited?
Pretty simple if I were in their shoes - Limit the availability to ensure you have bandwidth to work on the next game.
Outside of stern, everyone else has limited manufacturing lines. Look at JJP: how many years are they going to be stuffed to the gills working on GnR. How long is Spooky going to be doing r&m?

Limit the LE builds so you can build the entire base and also have time to work on game #6.

Again, that's my perspective... Probably has no basis in reality

#689 2 years ago

Parody's of existing melodies are "not fair use".
I'm certainly not an IP lawyer and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night... but it's not fair to assume that "like a surgeon" was the same price as an original like "Dare to Be Stupid”.

I distinctly remember many bands being sued because their intro sounded too much like another song.
I'm positive that a song like "like a surgeon" with the same melodies as "like a virgin" have to be licensed from the original publisher.
That said; I'm not an expert.

I'll remind everyone that while they aren't all Parody songs... at least they aren't "acoustics" versions like Stern likes to do.
I'm convinced that One person's ideal mix wouldn't fit another's of the perfect fit.
So it really all comes down to theme integration, If they all fit cohesively with the layout / game play modes then it's a perfect fit regardless of a personal opinion.

#725 2 years ago

Don't expect any gameplay until after ordering opens. No precidence for it from any manufacturer ever.

Get in line in Monday or wait for the early adopters to get theirs first.

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

do you like your machines?

Yes. I find the P3 to be a fun pin. It's defiantly not a "multiball" factory.
It's clear that each game is designed to be challenging.

Quoted from adborto:

Are they a pain to move?

Yes but not much worse than a regular pin.

Quoted from adborto:

Are games easy to store/switch?

Modules store under the game... you can store about two games before you need to find an alternate storage mechanism.

Adding Cardboard box storage as they ship outside of the game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/9#post-5333130
and a custom designed rack for two PF modules.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-only-regret-is-not-getting-a-p3-sooner/page/2#post-6420065

Quoted from adborto:

Is the machine mechanically quieter than a regular pin?

No

Quoted from adborto:

I’m trying to figure this servo thing out too - did servos replace some solenoids?

Unknown. Many are speculating that the wall scoops were are solenoids in the current gen machines have been replaced with Servos.
I agree it looks like it in the video

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Going to be weird (no pun intended) just shooting off an email and having no idea if a requested LE will be locked up for a bit. But I will be doing just that.

yeah; I'm curious if Multimophic's email server can handle the 9am load.
I'm also in on an LE (module) since I already have a P3.

I'm actually wondering if Weird Al himself is getting a game.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Historically fans who are not already pinheads don't translate into sales,

Not so sure that is true...
Who bought all those damn Beatles GOLD/Platinum and Metallica machines?
That said; you are right - "interest" doesn't translate to sales at these prices.

#768 2 years ago

Guys you shouldn't be stressed. The ceo of multimorphic Is a very reasonable guy.
Do I think 227 LEs will go fast, sure. But if you are there at 9am you'll probably be ok unless we see 1000s of orders

This process is way better than the Stern lotto that we've seen the last dozen of games.

A Phone should be set to cell towers, unsure why your seeing 3mins difference.

#778 2 years ago

Y'all are fighting for 3rd place.
I raise you my 2gb fiber connection and my own email server.

#781 2 years ago

Did they ever say anything about LEs shipping first?

No - There has been no statement.
My gut tells me they will ship based on place in line, regardless of LE vs Normal.
Modules may ship first given they don't have to have all the P3-machine parts in stock. That and P3 machines are going to take a lot longer to build given the complexity/number of parts/testing.

My reasoning is that the PF module is likely the same between LE and regular. The art will probably be ordered at the same time and the LE translites are probably already being signed or they are being shipped to Weird Al for signing soon.
So the two "versions" of modules are effectively equal.

My question is *exactly* what is the difference between the Normal and LE packages when it comes to just the modules.
In the past; modules have shipped without Art. IE modules for CCR shipped without CCR specific translites and cabinet art.
The understanding was that you'd keep the generic P3 art on your cabinet to facilitate any module in the game.
If you wanted game specific art; it was an additional charge for it.

Based on past experience; I'd expect the "regular module" to be just the game module and the software to run it - for 3K. Ah yes; this is explained on:
"
Existing P3 owners can choose to purchase the Standard Edition artwork package only when also purchasing a Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity game kit.
" - https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/wamonh/
so this is indeed still the case and the standard art is 475.

So; adding the LE gets you the module, topper, and the LE art package for an additional 1800.

If you don't have a P3; then you can order the game with either stock P3 art and just add the WeirdAl module... or you can order the game with either the regular or LE art (if still available).

#785 2 years ago

Okay... so if I am buying a P3, Weird Al Module, and Heist, do I automatically get Weird Al art on my machine or does that cost extra (assuming one is not getting the LE package)?

That is a question for Multimorphic.
I'm guessing it's your choice. Your game needs art; so you can pick a single art package (not LE) for your game free of charge.
Any additional art will cost you an adder IE ~475 bucks.
That is *MY* guess; YMMV.

#789 2 years ago

So, really... Like I need a podcaster here Hocking his wares. Not even going to bother listening to these jack asses... Even if they have valid points because if the attention grabbing headlines

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

appreciate the feedback, sorry to harsh your mellow

Keep you biased axe grinding to your loyal public. I'd say other things, but not going to give moderator any leverage.

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t understand the anger, but if I did something to ya I’d love to know.

Your self-indulgent behavior seems to give you the audacity to come into a reasonable conversation and post a bunch of negative headlines in what appears to be a heavily negative-biased podcast for the sole purposes of getting more views on Youtube.

That behavior is very Trollish and something that immediately turned me off of anything further you have to say. So much so that I have drained your announcement thread and made a mental note to never support anything you do from this point forward.
Furthermore; your timing is incredibly suspect given the proximity to a certain event. You know it and you did this out of spite for some stoopid reason. An No; please don't elaborate what they did to you or where you were inappropriately touched in your phantasy.

I didn't click your link because I have no intention of propping up your channel with even a view much less a negative thumbs down.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Anyone know what are the "Game Specific Accessory Items" included in the LE package?

No one outside of the Multimorphic team knows I'm guessing. I'd wager it's some kind of surprise or trinket they want to play close to the vest.

#800 2 years ago

It's long but the flippinandmashing podcast is actually quiet enlightening.
I found the pictures at the
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/multimorphic-announces-weird-als-museum-of-natural-hilarity-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/
pretty fun to look at while listening to the podcast.

#802 2 years ago

Mr68 good info... if true this speaks volumes. Thansk for the info

#806 2 years ago

Going to bed so I can get up with enough Caffeine to embrace the madness with the rest of you LErs.

#856 2 years ago

Invoice received for le. Booting computer to pay invoice # 1336.

Paid. In for LE.

Quoted from Shaker:

Not sure what to think about these rules. Anyone who has a family emergency, and needed their cash back will have to sell their place line, and give $100 to Multimorphic.

I don't think anything about this is unreasonable. Look at JJP; their deposit is completely non-refundable with I'm guessing no transferable policy.
Regardless; pinball is hard and the supply issues are a very real problem. Missing by 6months is actually a real possibility in todays' climate.

Sorry you feel that deposits are evil; but we all know that these companies commit resources to spots in line... They have to lock down commitments early.

#928 2 years ago

Heist prior to today was their best selling game. I think Gerry talked about that in passing during the flippingandmashing podcast above.

I don't own Heist, yet. I have everything else as far as a module goes.
I'm going to wait on heist for several months until "we" get a handle on the factory capacity availability with weird Al

#944 2 years ago

LEs are sold out

Screenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220228-154437 (resized).png
#970 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Wow, LE's are sold out? I wonder if the topper will be available separately for the standard? F

Hope not; what's the point of getting an LE if the topper is available separately?!

#978 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Curious… anyone get quoted a date to expect their game?

No, I'm guessing they need to get a running tally first... figure out production line parameters then provide an educated guess when they'll ship.
Even in an ideal situation; that'd be hard to predict. More so now with the supply line shortages.

"After receiving your deposit, we will provide you with an estimated ship date." is an actual quote.
So I'm guessing they'll need a few weeks at a minimum to provide that ship date. Maybe even a month.

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

So how long until we see the first pre order spot for flip on marketplace?

About 14 day.. until a Spouse detects the purchase and makes the others life a living hell.

#1012 2 years ago

Stealing thunder from Gerry / Multimoprhic ... all orders should have a email in your inbox.

Excerpts:
"
We expect to be ready to email everyone again either late this week or early next week with estimated shipping timeframes.

While we will be scaling up our operations to meet the production demand and significantly increasing our throughput, it will still take a while to work through all orders and get everyone their machines. Therefore, to make sure you are comfortable with your estimated timeframe, you will have 24 hours after receiving that estimate to decide to back out of your order for a refund of the deposit. The choice is entirely up to you. We will be focused on ramping up production and getting you all your games.
"

#1022 2 years ago

I know Gerry personally; although we haven't talked for a few weeks... I can tell you if I was in his shoes - I'd be freaked out and super excited at the same time. Knowing him; I'm sure he'd put a positive spin on those emotions. But he would take the responsibility to do the best he could to exceed his own expectations.

That said; the pinball world is notoriously cruel at times.
I know some people will have simply unrealistic expectations that he won't be able to meet or exceed.

At the end of the day; what matters to me is:
1) a quality product is delivered
2) he has enough revenue to fully fund Game #6 with gusto.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

Why the hate? Those are authorized distributors selling at MSRP

Fair point. I didn't click the links because I didn't want to give them a view.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Multimorphic uses a contract manufacturer

This is factually incorrect

#1093 2 years ago

Got my email for an LE module as I already have a P3.
Mine is in the first half of This year.

#1096 2 years ago

Honestly, the post was wrong but also had a dismissive implication.
We all know how well contract manufacturing goes so far in pinball ...

That said, I know for a fact that Gerry very much cares about his customers... Maybe too much if there is such a thing.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They have no right to any royalties.

Again? Are you a copyright lawyer?
Your statement is a factual statement....where as ip law is anything but...

I contend that the do indeed have rights and claims and you would owe them royalties

#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from creamyjeremy:

The newest p3 machines don't come with the speaker lighting kit, right? The Weird Al promo video said it was optional.

Correct - Speaker lighting kit is optional.
that said; I do not know if the speaker light kit comes standard on new machines.
Maybe?

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from SirSnarf:

Join the Multimorphic team and Kevin Manne from Buffalo pinball on March 19th at 7pm CDT for a live stream event! www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
[quoted image]

Don't forget to set your calendars for the live stream at 7pm this Saturday.
here's a google calendar invite for those who need it:

https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NTdvb28xaHRtbnVtdGtjbHJtZ25ucXVsM3EgZnA4a2Q4cmFlNmVxczhka21kZ25ncnNxMm9AZw&tmsrc=fp8kd8rae6eqs8dkmdgngrsq2o%40group.calendar.google.com

I'll be there... bow to peer pressure.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t think anyone has other than the Buffalo guys.

I have. Its funking awesome.
Glad I'm getting my LE package in a few months.
I wasn't in the steam because a much below average player.
Honestly, haven't listened to much weird Al, but that'll be changing over the next few months

It struck me as a pretty deep rule set. Pretty good for an initial release.

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

What's the deal with the RGB side cabinet lights. It has the dream color chasing effect. Is this new? Will this be standard on new P3 machines? Is this an upgrade for new and old games?

The RGB side LEDs were added specifically for Heads up which hasn't been released yet.
From discussions I've had with Multimorphic they could be a factory option. But can't easily be added to existing machines as it requires drilling.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't an option for those buying new machines.
IIRC; you can add options to the machine when your machine starts on the assembly line; if I remember correctly.

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Weird Al module / allow for third party dev.

Having seen this in real life. Only the topper is theme specific with weird Al. Ie his likeness.
The upper module, while it's theme specific the graphics are generic enough that the module could be reused for something else. The hamster wheel would be hard to integrate into another theme but it's doable

So, a alternate title without weird Al is certainly possible. That said, I don't see multimorphic doing this themselves unless something bad happens to cause them to have to do it to keep a revenue stream.

It more likely we'll see them focusing on output while developing game 6.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've never seen it in person, but looking at pictures, Al's likeness is literally all over that module. Granted it's in "statue form", but it's clearly him.

I won't state that he isn't on the upper module... but most of the art IIRC was generic enough. Yeah, the statue is there - but I'm not sure it's enough to deter a second game.

I'm going by memory... but specifically remember thinking the art was generic enough to be a non-issue.
The camera and hamster are obviously nods to Al... but they aren't specific enough imho.

#1312 2 years ago

sweet haysus; that is packed.
I mean; we knew it'd be packed based upon the stream... but I had no idea it was that packed.
It even has a psu on the back side; which is new.

I'm not sure I'd want to see these assembly docs that the line workers are gonna have to execute.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Look at that engineering! I can't decide whether the outside or inside of the P3 is more beautiful.

yes. (to both)

#1325 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Oh, not turning it on until a certain number of shots are made makes sense.

Also given Colin McAlpine worked on the rule sets for this game... I'd assume they are well aware of the implications of risk vs reward. Between Gerry and Colin; I'm confident I'll never be a worth enough player to finish this game.

#1332 2 years ago

5 mins after show open at weird Al
PXL_20220325_220541764 (resized).jpgPXL_20220325_220541764 (resized).jpg

PXL_20220325_220749716 (resized).jpgPXL_20220325_220749716 (resized).jpg
#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

And…..? Any color commentary/reviews on gameplay?

Not staying in line to play the game.
Feel like it's more popular than any other game on the floor

1 week later
#1381 1 year ago

Gerry... I'll be by in a hour to pick up my Flipper Upgrade kit. ;D

2 weeks later
#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

He’s upset because you SOLD OUT and he didn’t get to SELL ANY.

Huh?
I sold out? I'm not a pinball distributor.
Confused.

Ok; just so I'm clear with anyone - I am simply a fan and customer of Multimorphic.
I don't speak for them. I don't have any information outside of what they publish here or on FaceBook.

I think what you were trying to say is that the other dude you didn't quote was having a bad time because he was the distributor whom got nothing. If that's the case; just wanted to make the statement above so no one was confused.

3 weeks later
#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

For existing games, are rules for P3 games deep enough of what you kinda expect from dedicated machines?

Unlike other manfacturers; Multimorphic takes pride in deep rule sets.
Lexy is/was very deep.
Can't speak for heist; but looks deep to me.

Cannon Lagoon was not deep; but it was a redemption style game.
CCR started off a little light IMHO; but when they added career mode it felt more fleshed out.
Sourcers apprentice is also pretty deep imho.

What've seen of Weird Al... makes me think it's also very deep. I imagine it will only get deeper as more games get into people's hands.

#1425 1 year ago

yeah; shows are NOT the way to experience the audio of ANY game.
Get some 1 time on the game(s) in a real setting before you make a decision.
The BASS on his game is definitely a rattle monster - unless you are expecting the kind of base response you get from a hoopty running a pair 16inch subs in the back seat of a honda civic.

2 weeks later
#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

New Kaneda and Zach anti-P3 rant coming in 5...4...3...2...1
My bets on Kaneda saying "Heighway v2"

They just butt hurt. I don't listen to any of them because I don't value their negative slants to pinball.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I like the energy of the walls popping up too, but I didnt' really miss it either

I'm keeping my original p3 as-is for now. I'm betting the upgrade kit for the servo mech isn't cheap anyway

A couple of weeks behind isn't bad at all. Still need to go pick up my Flipper upgrade but life is keeping me and multimorphic busy

1 month later
#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from tjw998:

New P3s have an illuminated speaker panel that backlights the new static (swappable) game artwork.

TJ is the expert; but I think he left out some details.
"illuminated speaker panel" is NEW of the new round of games.
Original revision games have an unlit speaker panel - IE only the P3 logo lights with an set RGB leds.
Original owners prior to Weird Al; will need an upgraded panel and probably the upgraded speaker lighting.
I don't think either is available to order yet.

1 month later
#1593 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Big hole in side right through to machine which was all messed up.

Gotta wonder what goes thru the mind of these delivery drivers?!
You have a big box which requires a lift gate and/or some other non-traditional mechanism to get the box off the truck...
you drive all the way out to a persons home/business without even looking to see there is a big gaping hole in it?
You just hope the person on the other end is too busy/stupid to care?

I'm glad you weren't one of those.
Understand the feeling; but the right move.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Not much worse than having to reject a delivery!!

Having the wife/kid/whomever accept the delivery without actually looking at it... :S

3 weeks later
1 week later
#1636 1 year ago

I'm kinda jelly... Now I know why Gerry had a busy weekend...

#1654 1 year ago

Just got word my LE and PF are ready. I need to pay the final invoice instead of typing this.
That said; I'm currently planning to go pick it up this afternoon!

Woot!

IMG_20220928_142802 (resized).jpgIMG_20220928_142802 (resized).jpg
#1658 1 year ago

Le artwork package and playfield for existing P3.

As Gerry stated, those were pics of of their production line. I shared it in my excitement

#1669 1 year ago

Tonight after work was flipper night...
Installed EOS flipper upgrade
Installed left and right upper flippers.
Installed most software upgrades.

Hopefully, I'll be playing AL tomorrow night after work.

#1675 1 year ago

I've played about 40 or so games on my LE - WAMOH; so far zero complaints or issues.

The "mod" required to get an original P3 up to date was fun as I actually enjoy working on my machines more than I enjoy playing them.
Both of those flipper installs were time consuming; but only because I followed the install instructions verbatim and took my time to do it right. I didn't even have to email TJ or Gerry for help.

WAMOH feels damn good. Flippers are snappy; game is fast.
It's taking quiet a bit of work to get use to the secondary flipper buttons on this game. That said about about 20 or so games; it's getting easier.

I forget who said it; but, the comment about the hamsters spiral ramp being a very satisfying shot was very much on point. I'm not sure there is a more satisfying shot in pinball.
"Drink from the firehose" is fun as hell I need to get it staged again.

I have a couple of pause buttons I need to fix... the spiral ramp entrance catches a slow ball when it's "down". The ball search finds it; but mine seems to hang on the transition from the plastic to the metal flap.
I've also gotten the ball stuck between the metal ramp and the right most wireform. I'm nearly sure it's an adjustment I need to do after installing the cross wireform.

#1679 1 year ago

I think word crimes should have "dad jokes"

2 weeks later
#1703 1 year ago

They had a pretty long backlog of machines (P3s) before Weird Al was opened for order. They held many waiting for the new assemblies (wall scoop, backbox, etc).
As you can imagine; these machines are a lot more complicated that a wood cabinet and some legs.
If you've paid in full and your machine is on the line... I'd expect good news in a month or two.
Have no idea how long a P3 takes to assemble; test; etc.. but I'm sure it isn't 2 wks given all the assemblies.

1 week later
#1720 1 year ago

I infrequently have had the ball stick on the ramp flap. maybe 3-4 times. The ball search clears it.
I've also had the ball get stuck on the left pop bumper skirt once and it was wedged in there. Ball search did not clear it.

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I've been paid in full for almost 2 months and not a peep from cointaker - last week was "soon" - which was from being on the line and ready to ship that week of 9/18/22.
So all bets are off.

That's between you and cointaker.

#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Sure is... but MM informed cointaker that it was on the line and about ready to ship when it clearly wasn't.

Sorry; but you have a lot of faith in Cointaker...
Do you have proof that Multimorphic informed Cointaker you were next in line?
Time and Time again... often, distributors don't tell the truth to their customers.
All I'm saying is that my understanding is that the Multimorphic crew regularly demonstrates a keen awareness of what it's like to be a customer. They are very fast to support their customers and not blow smoke up our collective "rear-ends". They are open and upfront with us especially in cases like this.

I'd be very suspect that Cointaker isn't playing you for a fool (to coin a phrase). I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't telling you the real truth.

I do hope your machine is on the line... but I'd want them to prove it to be before "limitations" of your rights comes it to effect regarding your payment in full.

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

cointaker) thought they were alotted 3 full P3 for that shipment, they only got 2 P3 and one weird al module.

So I'll be on the next shipment to cointaker in 2 mont

I'd have serious trust issues with cointaker at this point. looks to me like they are making wild excuses.

Get that it all in writing, so you have documentation If/when you have to take them to court .
Hopefully, you paid by credit card - make sure you know your rights with the credit card company

#1779 1 year ago

I have also not needed to adjust my scoops.

After playing Weird Al at home... Then playing a game or two at Houston arcade expo... I'll say the new scoops look different. Nothing wrong with them.. just looked weird slowly rising or falling as opposed to the snap of the old mechs

The new scoops also have a different cosmetic look. Not bad, just different

3 weeks later
#1861 1 year ago

Send multimorphic a ticket request.
Someone will get back to you. they always do.

#1901 1 year ago

Give them a little taste of the crack and they come back for more.
Name One single vendor out there with more than one game on a table. You can't.

I agree; more games on existing PFs are awesome - I just feel like I'd rather have multimorphic commit resources to new PFs/themes rather than new rethemes. If some of ya'll wanna do new rethemes; go for it... all for it. Megadeath is a good idea; Go for it yeoldpinplayer

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

man that speaker panel is gorgeous

sarcasm
but it's just a box of leds with art.
/sarcasm

1 week later
#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I voted the straight-ticket, Weird Al ballot.
https://twipys.com/2022-twipys-ballot/

Done. Really shouldn't be any other choice, IMHO

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Has anyone ever stacked art on this game? like own multiple art packages and just keep them stacked on the game? Does it work?

I'm sure you could; but I wouldn't for two reasons.
1) the side art underneath the top art would get damaged due friction between the two magnets. (scratches / rub marks)
2) eventually the side art would get too heavy for the magnetic forces to hold it to the game.

I'd just get the "system core" side art and leave it on the game long term.

#2041 1 year ago

I use a modified Harbor Freight lift table as do many other people.

#2044 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You could also just go with an escalera w/ forklift attachment. It lifts 1200 lbs.

The problem with that is cost.
A HF lift table with coupon + sale can be less than 150usd.

#2049 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I can usually get a pin moved for the cost of a 6 pack...

Won't work if you have an entire arcade which needs to be broken down and taken to TPF.
Also; doesn't work at 1am when you are trying to pack for said show.

3 weeks later
#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is this game a bitch to dial in?

?!? no
Mine works fine; straight out of the box. no issues (other than I can't play for shit).

2 weeks later
#2156 1 year ago

Thing about P3 games is they tend to ship feature complete. I guess the key developes just don't like the way other mfrs treat their customers... So they do their best to ship with full code.

Then they tweak the code for bugs, features, and good ideas after getting feedback from customers. At least that's how I see it.

#2183 1 year ago

Sigh. Great post. Useful, well thought out.

1 week later
#2318 1 year ago

Clearly he got his Weird Al... has an axe to grind and now wants to be all butt hurt over other people not getting their weird al for a year when he SOLD his to one of those people needing to wait.

Gerry has been clear and up front; repeatedly, that he only expects the backlog to grow as more games are release. This seems pretty evident as Game #7 is likely already nearing "Beta" status. I'd tend to beleive that maybe Game #7 will be in time for Houston. But we'll see if they really want to wait that long.

Regardless; I'm looking forward to Scott's game. I pretty sure it'll be at TPF ... so Woot!

#2327 1 year ago

They still make thru hole resistors and PCBs?
Only half kiddingOnly half kidding

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

P3 hold up in a commercial environment?

Let's put it this way. We had 2 games at Houston Arcade Expo in 2022 where it saw constant use back to back.
I don't recall having a single problem with either of them. No flipper issues. No wear and tear issues. They. Just. Worked.
So his comments about "commercial use" is just bonkers. He wants to hate on the game because it's "different" which actually makes no sense. Yeah; it's different because it's engineered for serviceability and modulatory.

Again with the six flipper buttons.. Whhahhhhahhah
Surface mount components and Molex connectors? that's the hill he wants to battle on?!

1 week later
#2356 1 year ago

Gerry, we don't feed the trolls here.

1 week later
#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperHomer:

Has anyone else put one on their P3 yet? I just need to know if the P3 glass is the “standard” size glass.

Multimorphic glass size is standard.
That said; the glass they use has ground corners with pretty high quality.
It's not PDI quality; but better than standard glass.
I'd recommend waiting until you have it before making the decision.

That said; you'll eventually be removing the glass often.... so not sure I'd risk expensive glass due to scratch or breakage risk.

1 week later
#2427 11 months ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Will Weird Al and other P3 games be playable at the NW Pinball Show in Tacoma?

Ask the show organizers and/or a local distributor.
AFAIK; Multimorphic attends TPF and Houston shows normally because the machines can be driven a few hours.
North West seems counter intuitive due to the distance from the show.

2 weeks later
#2459 11 months ago

If you want to know; reach out to Multimophic.
Neither of you mentioned which queue you were in...

2 weeks later
#2476 10 months ago

P3 is designed for all the legs to be at the same runout. All 4. IE same length of thread on all the levelers.
The only thing you need to do is ensure the left to right is level. Unless you have a slope on your floor.

1 month later
#2541 8 months ago

The real question... Did FedEx take delivery?

2 weeks later
#2545 8 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Having to pull a large heavy box down from a large heavy box that's already sitting up on a pallet...yeah, just seems odd. But congrats!

Not really odd. It's how Multimorphic does it.
It also has the side benefit of preventing the *orns from stacking something on top of the machine box in a warehouse and/or truck while shipping. (Think of all that flat space they see open for stacking....)

1 week later
#2575 7 months ago

How to you dimple a sheet of polycarbonate?

#2577 7 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well, if I have to explain the joke it's 33% less funny, and it clearly wasn't funny enough as-is, so....

yeah. ok. I "read" it as a joke... but wasn't actually sure.

In an effort to be funny; if you want dimples... for that authienic feel; I can customize a sheet of Polycarbonate for a fee...

#2586 7 months ago

All software is tied to your login and is behind that login.

1 week later
#2618 7 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Multimorphic swap design honestly never made much sense but you are selling products

Honestly, I think this statement is incorrect. The swap design makes perfect sense and is the way forward.
Mame arcades, Xboxes, steam... All of these cater to the short attn spans of the current world. The p3 is the best of both worlds example.
As an owner is every p3 game made except Heist I can tell you game swapping is the best part of this platform

#2629 7 months ago

Every time I read a second button post:
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).pngwambulance-burn[1] (resized).png

2 weeks later
#2644 6 months ago

I don't have experience with anything on P3 but PinShields.
I'd be surprised if anything stock would fit P3 outside of just glass sizes would fit.

#2649 6 months ago

They don't have a crazy big team like other manufacturers. Remember even Stern doesn't staff for support/continuous software development. The rumor I heard is that Stern has their devs work on existing games "as time permits"... so it was given engineer's pet project which got them to finish games. Games like WrestleMania or Mustang don't really get any love.

Pretty sure they have one or two software devs at multimorphic. They have to divide their time between new games, old games, and framework support. So maybe cut them some slack?

They do fix software regularly. The issue is they add new technology to the pin (topper is example); and it takes time to go back to fix old game code for the new feature(s). That isn't a trivial task as their library continues to grow. i'm also sure that the devs don't want to make a small change, go thru full testing, and release for just that change.

That said; I do agree that we'd all like to see a more rapid response.

5 months later
#2694 26 days ago

Still my favorite Weird Al song:

I'd hope for an update with it; but, not sure it would fit the theme.

#2696 26 days ago

Donny? Time index?
I saw drew Cary and laughed... Musta missed him

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
11,500 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.