(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Dear lord, please no music pin. I kinda don't even care who the band is and whether I like the music or not. The whole jukebox approach feels so played out

The P3 is an ideal platform for bands that aren't popular enough to sell a couple hundred games on their own. Build one upper module with a stage and use software for band assets.

I'd love to retheme the Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth module into Megadeth. Hanger 18 wizard mode anyone?

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Everything we've heard from other pinball companies regarding license-holder involvement is that they want their fingers in practically all aspects - which isn't surprising. Your "one playfield for multiple bands" premise assumes that you could create the playfield with no involvement from the bands, and then they're all willing to just let you slap their assets on something they didn't help design.

We haven't seen music pins involving smallish market bands. It's an untapped market so far because development cost mostly can't be amortized across multiple tables. With the P3 it can be.

Technology has changed the way music is made and marketed. Bands can make records in home studios now and tour profitably using clubs and a solid social media strategy.

How re-usable could one make the video assets for a P3 game? Could you go so far as base characters with changeable faces, clothing, and instruments? What other custom assets to make a game appealing to a fan base? Could you flip the script and make the base module easy enough you could license it to the band and let them put their own assets on it?

1 week later
#81 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

what licenses would go well with Danesi techno music, then I guess Doom.

Command & Conquer would make a great pin.

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Crystal Ball-shaped thing

Tesla coil? That might be a first for a pin.

2 weeks later
#224 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

don't know how you're going to get all 85 ramps into one playfield module, though, Gerry. That's an engineering marvel!

That's TJ's job. Give that man a taco and watch him work miracles.

5 months later
#355 2 years ago

One of the few iconic comedy musicians. Weird Al is a legend. I spoke to him during a call in radio show once in the early 80s. Great choice for a theme and I can't wait to play it.

1 week later
#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Keep in mind Multimorphic uses a contract manufacturer to make their games,

I've worked at the Multimorphic factory. Your statement is wrong.

6 months later
#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

I will be at the Weird Al concert in Austin this weekend

Who is bringing a P3 to demo & take orders in the lobby?

1 month later
#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am *so* tired of adjusting the scoop and wall heights. Had to do it again on Al. It's a huge pain, and they never seem to stay in place, even when I lock the set nut.

If it makes you feel any better that was a time consuming process at the factory too.

4 weeks later
#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lexy playfield is a fast shooter and the game is big fun. I'd like to eventually see another game on this playfield.

I’d like it as a Megadeth theme. Hangar 18 multiball.

2 weeks later
#2002 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This is especially a challenge during a multiball and would not be a good thing in competition as you would be taking advantage of a stuck ball

Balls trapped under a flipper are not considered stuck because they are under player control.
https://www.ifpapinball.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/PAPA_IFPA-Complete-Competition-Rules-2021.04.06.pdf
Section 7, page 7:
"In situations where a ball is trapped in a way that it can be released through player action other than shaking or
bumping – for example, a ball at rest underneath a flipper or any other mechanism which the player controls – this
is not deemed to be a stuck ball."

1 week later
#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

why Wamoh stopped doing ball searches.

Put the playfield in Service position one. Open the end door and flip down out of the way. Get your face eye level with the playfield plexiglass surface. Look on the far left and far right edges for ribbon cables drooping down that may block a transmitter or receiver.

Flipper module may be removed if you’re having trouble seeing around it.

1 week later
#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

P.S. I know it's a losing battle, but I'm still pushing using the acronym WAM

#weird-als-museum-of-natural-hilarity
Little reason to use any acronym on Pinside, type in pound weird and it's the only one that comes up. Even works on mobile.

2 weeks later
#2143 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Are there online high-scores for Weird Al?

Pindigo is useful for score information. Lots of different ways you can use the info in it.

1 week later
#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

For a longer version of why I didn't like the P3 platform go read my review of weird al on the pinside game page. It's the most recent review.

Don's posting history speaks for itself. I don't take their opinions seriously.

#2203 1 year ago

Don’t feed the trolls.

6B1BE228-0B9D-42BD-9900-ED8DB3AD3698 (resized).jpeg6B1BE228-0B9D-42BD-9900-ED8DB3AD3698 (resized).jpeg
#2219 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

When people come over. Especially non pinball people. They will not like the game if they have to use different flipper buttons for every flipper.

To be fair, the additional button situation is not unique to the P3. Every pin that has additional buttons (Black Knight Magnasave comes to mind) faces a similar issue. The additional button is often ignored.

There is a game I can't recall at the moment that had a multiple button layout where the second button was shaped to partially wrap around the traditional button, anyone remember what game that was?

1 month later
#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Recalibrate is the first thing that comes to mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)
11,999 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=YeOldPinPlayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.