(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago

Seconding how awesome this company is. The P3 has a whole bunch of next-level ideas, and the recent games (Heist!) have really taken a huge step forward. I’m super psyched to hear there’s another game on the horizon already.

Also seconding how easy it was to order (I ordered direct) and get customer service responses - someone posted in another thread that “Multimorphic support will probably reply before you even finish submitting your ticket,” which is pretty much right on. I’ve had several questions/issues (normal out-of-the-box setup stuff), and not only did I get back clear instructions but full documents, photos, and step by step everything in order to fix. This is how you do it.

#23 2 years ago

I’m also a little disheartened to read in Gerry’s last update that there’s some shenanigans going on in the distributor chain; not sure if from the distributor themselves or other manufacturers but that’s pretty low. Gerry is too much of a stand-up guy to name names but I hope i never buy from them, whomever it is. Buy from MM direct.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The picture below was posted in "The Next Stern" thread, but the artwork looks more like the style used for Heist.
Maybe BTTF is your licensed game?
[quoted image]

That image is for the PC game that came out about 10 years ago

2 weeks later
#37 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballShoppe:

Now that sounds like a clue, but I can't find any similar sort of quote. And that "L" word comment was also a clue, right? I don't think the podcasts picked up on that.

The “L” word is “licensed”

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well...Looks like there's going to be a game with Danesi music coming out before this licensed one. Nick Baldridge has a P3 game for the Heist module being revealed on Monday:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-game-silver-falls#post-6352946

Nick’s new game looks interesting - not what I was expecting; sort of looks like the Shoot & Scoot aesthetic. Can’t wait to try it out !

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It's definitely interesting for sure as I have not seen anything like it yet. The soundtrack for Silver Falls is super chilled out and I think it really came out really well. I will also be in Buffalo Pinball's chat on Monday to talk more about it.
--Scott

Can’t wait, this is sort of a watershed moment here; now the argument about P3 cost/benefit is clearly over.

1 week later
#45 2 years ago

Ok guys, anybody know anything about the next kit?

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I know some stuff!
It's fun seeing what other MFGs are releasing, but based on what's been released so far, the new P3 game will stand on its own with features and flow. I'll be beyond excited to see what people think.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Ok if you’re not going to TELL us anything, I’m just going to pretend I didn’t see this post.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Probably terrified you'll step on a gum wrapper and start a "Multimorphic tried to kill me!" thread.

LOL WOT?

3 weeks later
#70 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The P3 is an ideal platform for bands that aren't popular enough to sell a couple hundred games on their own. Build one upper module with a stage and use software for band assets.
I'd love to retheme the Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth module into Megadeth. Hanger 18 wizard mode anyone?

That’s actually a pretty frickin’ great idea!

1 week later
#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No. I get the impression this is a new game with new pf modules... Licensed.
That Said, im probably wrong
Ie it wouldn't make since to blow licensing dollars at and existing playfeild module.

There's 2 things - one is the new game - most likely a new playfield, as you mentioned. But the other surprise thing might be a code update, or a new game. Guess we'll find out ... soon?

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I predict that this next game will be a smaller-scale relatively affordable license like Alice Cooper or Heavy Metal, and that many pinsiders who are expecting highly sought after licenses like E.T. or Bill and Ted will fly into a blind rage out of sheer incomprehension when they learn of this.
Perhaps it will be a more affordable version of a popular license, like doing a The Mask pinball machine, but basing it on the comic book and not the movie. Just an example to illustrate my point.
If I'm speculating based on what licenses would go well with Danesi techno music, then I guess Doom. Or something sci-fi. Battlestar Galactica, Rogue Trooper, Lost in Space, Fantastic Voyage, Escape from New York, Akira, or The Thing. Actually, The Thing might be too expensive. I'd be kind of impressed if they got that one. I don't know how much it would cost to license Akira.
If I'm speculating based on the assumption that "the L-word" actually IS a hint, then Scott Pilgrim. (probably not a hint)

What’s the L word in Scott Pilgrim?

The “L” word Gerry was referring to is “license”, it wasn’t really a hint

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I know.
(Here's the scene from Scott Pilgrim: )

hahaha that movie is hilarious

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So it says: "something magical is coming" with the hashtag "NotTheLicensedTitleYet". Another game perhaps? Or a magical add-on feature?
I'll throw a guess out there: maybe a new flipper module with a different flipper setup?

I didn’t notice that hashtag before. I think they are finally bringing back the Pinball Wizard game/app, or some variation on it. Gerry speculated about it going open source, I think on a thread I posted here. I thought it would be a fantastic way to help novice players learn how to do basic skills (e.g. drop/live catches, post pass, dead flips, etc)

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Come on guys, it's all right in front of you. Gerry essentially said what it is clear as day.
The first teaser was a picture of a P3 with CCR.
The second was the dinosaur meme, that said "wouldn't it be nice to have a new pinball game without having to pay thousands, clear out space, or wait for shipping?" - This means a software-only (downloadable) game, presumably on the CCR playfield.
Third teaser said "something magical is coming" and had #notthelicensedtitleyet - so it's an unlicensed magic theme.
What do I win?

Techically this would fit the hints, but based on Gerry's comments, I'm not expecting to see the Pinball Wizard thing, at least for a while. And Gerry's not typically an "over hype" type of guy, so the fact he's dropping multiple teasers, I have to think it's bigger than the pinball trainer anyway.

So the next question is, how long of a stretch do MM usually go between a teaser and a release ? Scoot & Shoot was kind of dropped without hardly any fanfare, so is this an even more substantial release ?

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've played P3 plenty. Been playing it at every show even before Lexy was fully developed. And played freds extensively
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"136f3ec0e668e10bf2290e417550bfc59e9db380-1629129904-1800"};
//]]>

Have you played Heist? I’ve not played Lexy but it’s a huge advancement from the other games I’ve played

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

https://twitter.com/Multimorphic/status/1428718930298818560
See the morse code on the paper:
.- ..- --. ..- ... -
..--- ...--
..--- ----- ..--- .----
=
AUGUST 23 2021
See you all on monday for the reveal

Way to decode !

But keep in mind the #notthelicensedgame hashtag, and the CCR logo embossed in the carpet. This is ANOTHER game !

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So SA is officially the theme? cute play on Wizard blocks. Has anyone seen the insert yet? This maybe the push I need to pull the trigger on a new P3 system.

What do you mean by the “insert”? If you mean the actual game code a whole bunch of us are already playing it

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I think there are many orders coming in @ multimorphic so lead time will increase now demand is higher . Still better then the 1 year+ jjp wait

Their demand seems to have skyrocketed. I couldn't be happier - these guys have been pounding away for 5, 6 years and the last 2 games they've put out are light years from the original set of games (which were also great!). Here's to hoping for a Lexy Lightspeed remaster!

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I like the Hobbit much better. GnR too complicated for me.

I haven’t played GnR but I absolutely adore Hobbit. I’ll have to get one back some day

POTC ain’t too shabby either …

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Better light? are you fucking serious? JJP has the WORST GI's of ANY pinball machine i've seen made. The light distribution is Piss poor at best. horrible horrible GI lighting.

IDK I think Hobbit was pretty well lit, and DI, and POTC for that matter. WOZ, yeah pretty dark.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

play GNR once. You can't see crap. POTC is hard to see as well.

Aah have not seen GnR in person. Have to agree to disagree on POTC

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Hard to compare p3 to any regular pinball machine,it that’s innovative,I like a lot of us have been following multimorphic since the very beginning and I finally pulled the trigger and so glad I did!
I can only hope you stay healthy and motivated to continue bringing everything you have in mind for the p3

And don't read pinside too much, it's bad for your health!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If P3 Got the BTTF license, I think I would lose my mind and could not get my money in fast enough.
Another good license which would work great with P3, would be from the Game portal. So many possibilities with the P3 platform.

Portal would be pretty interesting, I know Valve licensed Portal to PinballFX or whatever their company is called. I wonder if that's treated more like a video game license and if that's different than pinball?

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I think there is great value in releasing new software for all ready existing modules. It is still creating sales for one thing, and if someone doesn't have that module, then perhaps it will cause them to purchase that module. Of all the manufacturers, MM is hands down the best at creating value. I bought my P3 and CCR about a month ago because I liked the idea of playing online with my friends, and I was obsessed with watching RITR on YouTube. I had no idea SA was about to be released! Now I have 1 module and 3 super fun games to play. I still need to get ROCS as well, so that would be 4 games for me on 1 module alone. Then there's Heist and Silver Falls. The P3 has so much to offer.

Wait until you have another module or two and you're complaining about having to replace the WHOLE playfield instead of just selecting from the menu

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I should have better stated that I also have Heist, so I do have that to deal with lol. But, its great!

definitely!!

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have no idea,I think thats what he said “I’m working on my sheds”.
I hope he means the shed in the back of the house from Back to the future where Marty was hiding in the car!

#215 2 years ago

lol, yeah, shatz.
To be clear, though, the new game won't require it, and you can get to the lane rollover by hitting a ramp (Yes, the game will have ramps!!!). It's just fun to try to shoot up the opposite inlane.
- Gerry

I love ramps

#227 2 years ago

Have we heard any sort of timeline from MM? Sorcerer’s came out of nowhere which was awesome!! But since this involves a new playfield I’m hesitating on getting Lexy in case the new game comes out soon. If it’s going to be 6 months or so, I’ll probably just go ahead with Lexy now

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

+1 on how underrated Lexy is. Get it!
I think Gerry mentioned on a recent podcast we could see the new game before the end of the year.

That's kind of what I thought, but I was totally unsure if I'd heard that somewhere, or if I was just 'hoping'. Even so, if it's planned for end of the year there's still a lot that could happen between now and then.

2 months later
#249 2 years ago

That's not a topper. That's a rear-mounted playfield swapping robot arm. We're working a ceiling-mounted full-size version to load/unload freight trucks without a forklift.
- Gerry

That's an actual MM patent! I thought the whole time it was a joke referring to those arcade crane games

#252 2 years ago

Nah, it was a joke. That's not our patent. We did joke about a life-sized Heist crane for factory work though.
- Gerry

Man I need to get out more

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Thank you! P3 ordered!
I am so sick of stern and their “insider circle jerk connected”, only those who know the super secret stern handshake can actually buy a pin business model. I am aware of several occasions of stern insider circle jerk connected line jumpers and, frankly, it is a short sighted business decision. I’ve had my fill of stern’s bs.

Congratulations! Which playfield(s) did you order?

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I’m going to go ahead and order all of them. I know it is inevitable I will end up buying all of them. Might as well bite the bullet early on.

I gotta tell you, I wish I'd done that. Would have saved me a bundle!

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I see what you did there.

Oh yikes, I did not actually mean to do that. LOL

3 months later
#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Again? Are you a copyright lawyer?
Your statement is a factual statement....where as ip law is anything but...
I contend that the do indeed have rights and claims and you would owe them royalties

Ok this has been driving me crazy. I have to deal with this stuff quite a lot. There are 3 types of copyright/royalties in music: Mechanical, Publishing (Lyrics), and Publishing (Melody). Note it is not "Publishing (Music)" because that is more subjective.

In Al's case, he is essentially recording covers of the parody songs. He is -not- using the original recordings at all. The original recordings are covered under what are called "Mechanical Royalties". "Mechanical" because it's a thing due to player pianos [potentially] putting musicians out of work. Those recordings need to be licensed, and anybody who played music on them would be owed royalties. Those royalties can be sold to a company, so even that isn't cut and dry.

An artist can't stop Al from recording his 'covers' (and few would), just like I can record a cover of "When I Was Your Age" and Al couldn't stop me from doing so. If I decide to SELL (or YouTube) my cover, then I start to owe him a bit of money for PUBLISHING, because I am using stuff that he wrote and owns. The amount is per unit, per medium (i.e. CD sold, per stream, etc). When I submit my original songs to the USPTO for copyright control, I submit lyrics and the main melody of the song. That's it, and that's what is covered by the copyright. The original recordings by the original artist are also copyrighted when released.

When Al does parodies, he puts entirely new lyrics to the music. He then becomes part author of his version of the song due to lyrics. He still uses the original melody of the songs. He doesn't own that, but he still makes royalty dollars because he's rewriting the lyrics. The other writers on the song are still due royalties due to their Publishing claim. Al and his band re-record all the music, so he/they own the Mechanical royalties.

Ok, so you're both right. Kind of.

Now, this has nothing to do with LICENSING, which is totally dependant on the internal corporate structure of the entity you're licensing. Al owns *part* of the cover songs (to make the math easy, let's say he owns 2/3 of HIS recordings). He still owes the original authors of the song a portion of their fee to license it for his recording, then a pinball manufacturer would have to pay Al some amount that from a financial perspective would need to cover his 2/3 ownership plus whatever he owes the original song authors (minus his additional ownership % due to the new lyrics). And Al's company is such a behemoth he may have some leverage in creating a deal for fixed royalties for the publishing. Conceiveably (I have no idea if this makes sense from a business perspective), he could make a deal for ALL publishing royalties for a particular song for a specified period of years, and just pay 1 flat fee. In that sense, for a certain period of time, he would not owe any further royalties for the use of the song. No way to know, and Jay Levey isn't going to tell anybody those details. Also, this is why lawyers.

#1121 2 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

How awesome would it be to be able to upload /connect to the internet and watch Weird Al Youtube Videos on the screen
while playing the game.

Awesome. Plus I would totally love a DDPY app on the P3 !

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

We ended up with 70% of the songs being originals for a reason and doubt it was because of P3's or Weird Al's dream to have it that way. Probably wanted to rule out any chance of owing royalties or being taken to court no matter how small of a chance it is

And he's not into drama. So the MJ songs just got pulled out. Even though I got into Al because of Eat It, I don't miss those songs a bit. And that is damn impressive, I think!

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

We ended up with 70% of the songs being originals for a reason and doubt it was because of P3's or Weird Al's dream to have it that way. Probably wanted to rule out any chance of owing royalties or being taken to court no matter how small of a chance it is

Also, P3 is the machine, not the company. You meant "Multimorphic". I feel like they've reached the stature where this matters

#1130 2 years ago

Anybody what the video is where he has all these celebrities singing the words in crazy garish outfits, and it looks like it was shot all in one take in an apartment building?

edit: found it! "Tacky"

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Did anyone get any kind of discount on buying multiple playfields when they bought their Weird Al?

Doesn't that only apply if you buy EVERYTHING? Not sure MM has put together a deal like that. )Not really expecting they will either, given the deluge of orders)

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Correct - Speaker lighting kit is optional.
that said; I do not know if the speaker light kit comes standard on new machines.
Maybe?

Gerry clarified at some point that the Speaker -panel- will be lit on new builds, but that does not include the speakers themselves, which is an upgrade.

#1185 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is there a list of upgrades somewhere? I only see general accessories on their webpage and nothing about speaker lights.

It’s mentioned in the Weird Al announcement (currently the first news item), but it’s sort of general - the main “upgrade” is just getting an LE, which does have a topper.

But the announcement suggests support for other toppers and upgrades, presumably TBD. The speaker light kit - which again is different than the new lit panel, is the only other thing I can see that is not currently part of the standard game.

1 week later
#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I did! I think Heist is great, but I also think Dialed In is great and that Houdini is a super cool theme. However, unfortunately in todays pin world, it is all about licensed themes, so I know I’m in the minority. I just don’t know if P3 can get a “big” theme. I know a lot of people are excited about Weird Al, but it is a niche theme. The other thing that is difficult to do with people in all facets of life is to change their habits and way of thinking. That’s what P3 needs to do and has been trying to do. It’s tough. Anyway, P3 is full of great ideas and great people. The concept makes sense, so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

All a theme takes is money and (sometimes) a demonstration of the capability to produce. Think about Alien. MM is doing the smart thing by grabbing up a theme with a very intense fan base but which is at a size they are able to grow into. Imagine if they took on a theme like … say, a well-known internationally successful horror franchise. Baby steps. They have to be able to produce the machines in a reasonable schedule without requiring investment which squashes the profit margin.

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from PfRedflyer:

I'm excited with everything I saw last night and the game can't come soon enough! The trick with dare to be stupid multiball jackpots being worth nothing until you respin the wheel is hilarious and I can definitely see myself draining before doing it. Great job Multimorphic!

I need to watch that part of the stream again - I couldn't hear the callouts. fingers crossed gedde watanabe yelling "STUPID!" made it into the game.

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

How difficult is it to remove the backbox from the main body? That's usually one easy way to shed 100 lbs or so quickly.

Not very hard - although not quite as easy as Hobbit or a Spike 2 game or Houdini, much easier than Dialed In, POTC, any DMD game (all of which I have removed the backbox from). There's maybe 20 (?) cables to remove, but almost all of them are keyed or very obvious where they go. The speaker-to-amplifier requires a screwdriver, everything else you can pretty much just pull out. If I remove the playfield, the screen, and the backbox, I can move the game by myself. I do not recommend this!

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My LOTR is leaving to make space for weird al. I'm fine with that. I find the game times too friggin long anyway.

Damn, let me see if I can arrange shipping .. !

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think I'm starting to understand why this game weighs so much!! Definitely don't forget to take out the balls before breaking the game down to move.

lol OH yes.

#1339 2 years ago

I spent a good chunk of my time with the MM guys, and got in about 4 games on Al, a bunch on Heist with the new flippers, a couple CCR and I beat TJ in Heads Up when we were checking the game.

First, everybody on the MM team is an all around amazing person. Everybody put up with me asking a million questions and monopolizing their time, especially Stephen Silver and Alex Campbell. And Gerry. And TJ. It reinforced what I already knew about the great people staffing this company.

Anyway, Al is PACKED. We all knew this, but it’s actually a little overwhelming for the first game, just a lot to take in. Shots EVERYWHERE. 2 ways to lock balls. UHF multiball is HARD to start ! There is a shot that is a corkscrew ramp UP to the 2nd playfield. Awesome shot.

Every mode is completely different from one another - “Germs” is like ROCs, Harvey multiball is fun, and the number of diverters really changes your shots in a snap. The MM audio system is already top notch so the songs sound great. Scott Danesi put a lot of work into making each sound effect match the game. Everything is original sounds, no prerecorded sound library stuff.

The biggest thing I think that puts it over the top is the cross playfield ball return. That’s a simple thing to add but it really sells the game as a “normal” machine. MM has their booth right as you walk in, so people would come in and just stay. Many of them didn’t know about the platform and just assumed it was a traditional machine.

Also Dare to be Stupid multiball is awesome.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

This machine had the longest line at TPF the entire weekend. Reception was great. I got to play it a couple times and can't wait for mine!

By a lot, too. I only got on it 3 times but there were a couple other games I wanted to get in too - Halloween was great. got to play a killer game on GZ (which was good since my distro has gone into silent mode on whether or not I'll ever get one!). Al really fun, most packed game I played (although I also really enjoyed Ultraman and Halloween)

2 weeks later
#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Im assuming that means the entire game not simply the kit?

There's 3 items involved:
- the main P3 machine - no playfield, just the cabinet and hardware - these are backordered 12 or 13 months
- the Weird Al playfield module - these are back ordered a few months, not sure how long. I believe as many of these will be made as ordered
- the Weird Al "LE" add-on package - THIS is what is sold out.

you can get everything else, you'd just have to wait or (maybe?) find a distributor who has a machine in stock.

3 weeks later
#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

What convinced you to finally pull the trigger? I’ve been loosely following P3’s systems, but have yet to put my hands on one.
I have limited space and I am in love with this concept of reuse.
For existing games, are rules for P3 games deep enough of what you kinda expect from dedicated machines?

Heist and Lexy Lightspeed have multiple modes, multiple multiballs, hurry ups, crazy wizard modes. Heist has so many different multiballs based on which characters you’ve collected, plus bonus add-ons when you finish the character modes. PLUS a wizard mode that is so hard I can not even get past the first phase!

I don’t remember the specifics of the Weird Al game but it is PACKED with modes, and at least 3 multiballs.

The arcade-y type games are shorter, obviously

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

1. The module does not have direct print and cleared artwork from what I can see. It has what appears to be a vinyl overlay serving as the artwork. It looked like what they had was also poorly cut.

2. I was unimpressed with the bass on the system. I will be installing an external powered sub to mine when I receive it.

3. I HATE having the third and fourth flipper controlled by an extra button. I understand that can be changed in the menu settings.

4. The animations are not amazing, but I'd much rather them spend the budget on a few extra VUKs as opposed to putting a proper mustache on Weird Al.
Let me emphasize that if those are the biggest gripes I had on the machine, the machine itself must be fantastic. When starting modes, the playfield lights up to show you which shots you should be making. This makes the game EXTREMELY noob friendly.
Overall I am extremely impressed with the machine and the gameplay. As a Weird Al fan Multimorphic is delivering.

Glad you got to hang with the Pinball Gallery folks! They are a great team, and I believe one of the few east coast locations you can just walk in and find a P3.

Just a couple of observations:
ALL P3 playfields have the heavy duty vinyl overlay (vs the traditional printed/painted artwork and clear). I've had my P3 for going on close to 2 years now, TONS of plays, brought it to several shows. Not a scratch on it.

I'd definitely take ownership of the game before you spring for that powered sub. The P3 has the MOST bass of any game I own, including those I've added a PinWoofer to. It's selectable in each game (separate values stored for each game), and you can CRANK it. I can hear my P3 from the 3rd floor across the house, especially when the "Multimorphic" graphic comes on during attract. It's LOUD. Most likely they just didnt' have it turned up at PinFest.

Good point about the clear playfield directions - this is a key thing MM is very good at.

2 weeks later
#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Have any modules been shipped?going on three months,no worries just wondering

The guys seem SUPER busy, so I am sure they are getting a lot done. And the code updates keep coming! I'm really interested in the new wall/scoop mechs, so hopefully those will be available once the bulk of the new stuff is shipped.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love upgrades and did the flippers kit but the walls I am Not so sure about ,I like the coil pop and the energy of the movement,I believe the new walls are lifted by sevros and could not be as immediate as a coil but I could be wrong and when available still could be on my wish list.

I played Weird Al and I think another game at the Texas Pinball Festival. I'm not worried I like the energy of the walls popping up too, but I didnt' really miss it either. I think it's a great upgrade and it seems like it will be much easier to dial in your game perfectly.

1 week later
#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Hey guys! Spoke with Gerry regarding additional songs to be added as well as modes. He was willing to hear it out and said it's possible if the demand is there. I for one as a huge WA fan would love to have some bigger hits on this game as there's some amazing ones that would kill as a mode. I started a poll thread a bit ago and would like to get peoples opinions on the idea. Multimorphic would be a great platform to squeeze out add on content to keep the game fresh and going after playing the same modes for a while.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/additional-songs-for-weird-al-s-pinball

Al’s manager Jay is pretty easy to work with, according to Gerry, so it would seem interest and the cost-to-value ratio would be the determining factors. I’d prefer to see additional songs added to Flipper Foxtrot

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Always happy to add more content (the base game and recent additions have more songs than the first four versions of Dance Dance Revolution, for comparison), though adding new songs is a significant time investment (five unique choreographies per song), and that time takes away from the next game I'm making.

I know! Just letting you know we’re still playing - would be good to see other known songs (like how you added Scott’s TNA theme)

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

BINGO!
Folks haven’t received or played their games yet and already requesting changes/add-ons. How about you actually play as designed first!?!?

LOL this

3 weeks later
#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:I paid up for mine last week, hopefully soon!

Full P3 or module(s)?

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Full system w/ Al, Heist and CCR!

Killer! You'll be buying Lexy Lightspeed before you know it!

#1473 1 year ago

My module arrived today! Looking forward to putting some time on it. I've had my P3 for a while, so I'll need to install the upper left flipper/side target assembly to replace my existing side target assembly. I did the same for Heist with the upper right flipper, so I have a good idea of what to do, but I expect a ton of documentation as per usual. I'm super excited to play it.

I’m coming over!!

#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Well, I finally played Weird Al this weekend at Pintastic. After a half dozen games, I am sad. The P3 system is just not clicking for me. Maybe after more plays I'd be happier, but it was frustrating to realize the platform was getting in the way of me and Weird Al. Neat idea, yucky feeling in my hands. But I've learned not to write off pins until I play them a ton so we'll see...

Sorry to hear, but you can always change your mind! I’m sure these games will be available far into the future

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I keep forgetting that I ordered one of these at TPF.
Then I get a little excited and quickly disappointed when I remind myself that it’s going to be months and months before I’m even close to my turn.
I was cool with the wait up front but having a tough time staying patient. Crossing my fingers the MM team is firing on all cylinders knocking out games.

I hear ya. I put a deposit down on a Halloween and I won’t even see it before JANUARY of 23.

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Just in time for the long weekend! I'll be unboxing it on stream later today after the podcast
[quoted image]

What are the other boxes? Topper, and ?

Also, how close did they get to your original shipping estimate ?

#1495 1 year ago

Yeah it's the LE package plus some other goodies I ordered along with it.

…some “other goodies”

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i wish sorcerers apprentice had cabinet art as well.

I seem to recall Gerry mentioning if there's enough interest, they'd do it. I'm sure they gauge sales as well as actual inquiries. They also have the "P3 Core" artwork which looks pretty good

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:Has Kevin streamed his game yet?

He did an unboxing and at least one play stream on Buffalo’s Twitch channel.

Does the kit come with the new speaker panel? I didn’t think it did

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

And I was able to get the new speaker lights with it.

Whole P3 machine, right? I think all of them now have this new panel. It’s us old-timers that have to wait for the upgrade!

#1515 1 year ago

Mine came with speaker panel art but it won’t work with the old style P3 cabinet. I think they have an upgrade option planned for owners though.

Yep, that’s what I thought. I know they’re working on upgrade kits, but understandably those are taking a back seat temporarily while they get machines and kits built

#1521 1 year ago

That is frickin’ hilarious!

1 week later
#1529 1 year ago

Are you going to upgrade your scoops?

I am definitely going to do this once the kit is available. The new servo driven scoops are super smooth and avoid that “clunk” when they go up and down (although I have to admit on some games I will miss that).

They are also waaaaaaaay easier to adjust. Those scoops and walls have to be -perfectly- level, and they are kind of a big PITA to adjust, because it’s a tight space and you have to make very small adjustments and remember to tighten the retaining nut. These new scoops pretty much avoid all that. They look cooler during play too.

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

naw. I like the instant up of the coils and the sound...for some reason the sound of coils firing is music to pinball ears.

....stop before I change my mind hahah. I think they are nice but I just can't justify the cost when mine work...If there was something that required them..then yes I'd look into upgrading.

Do we know what the cost is yet?

3 weeks later
#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Sarah said my playfield is shipping tomorrow ,that 5 and half months went by fast!

Whoa! Can’t wait for these to start flying out of the factory!

#1557 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:Ugh, I just ordered Heist and Cannon Lagoon (for the pitch and bat game) .... now it's 3x worse of a wait

Allow me to shill for Grand Slam Rally here; this game is addictive and very very different from any of the offerings. It’s simple but really challenging. Cannon Lagoon is also much more fun than it seems at first - but you’ll keep the playfield installed because of GSR

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I've wanted a pitch and bat for almost as long as I've been collecting pins (20+ years) but never wanted to take up the space of another pin with it. The P3 solves the issue, so it was a no brainer for me

100% agree, same exact issue. I'm a big fan of Slugfest, but I don't have unlimited space.

#1565 1 year ago

Don’t forget about Ranger in the Ruins. A must have if you own the CCR module.

Agreed. I have SA and RITR and I think I find myself starting RITR more frequently because a lot of times I only have a few minutes. SA is definitely a waaaay deeper game, and requires a little more time investment. Awesome to have the choice

#1567 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I installed my left flipper and new ramp but can’t get the driver to work,I click install weird Al modules driver and it just takes a few seconds and says installed but nothing about game at start up!

What are you expecting it to do? Did you also install the full game ?

#1577 1 year ago

Free, which is why is hasn't been advertised. We expected to just ship it with the topper kit, but since it got delayed, we should be better communicating that it'll come later.
- Gerry

Great to hear this!

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Had to refuse delivery. It looks like someone jousted my Wamoh. Big hole in side right through to machine which was all messed up. This is a new low feeling…was so excited to set this thing up- cancelled meetings and had whole day plan. FedEx or whomever kind of sucks.

Oh no! Man sorry to hear that. I just found out I only have a job until January, so at least you got that

#1589 1 year ago

I have a Canon Lagoon module. Wouldn't I need two of them to play Heads Up?

Yes. Heads up is specific to the CL module, so you'd need two. It isn't as graphically interesting as Heist, Al, SA ,etc. But damn is it fun!

#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Ouch- sorry man. I guess there are worse things then a banged up pin. Good luck

I’ll figure it out, but I hope you get your Al straightened out! Not much worse than having to reject a delivery!!

1 week later
#1611 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

How are we going to watch this on Buffalo tonight when we know Kevin won't be getting there :kappa:

Damn!

3 weeks later
#1634 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:Here are both issues

Those are both shipping / jostling issues. The playfield screen issue is probably just that the DVI connection isn't making a good connection. Open the backbox and see if you can find that connector - it will be plugged into a HUGE video card (yet another thing that sets the P3 apart - lots of video rendered on the fly). Make sure the connector is secure. You may want to unscrew it entirely and reconnect it, then re-screw it. Check the connector that goes to the playfield screen as well.

The balls shooting all over seems to be something similar - a board got unplugged or some opto connection isn't fully there. I'm sure it's an easy fix, it's just finding it! The MM guys will know better what to do.

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

No idea here.

That's Gerry, and Weird Al's wife Suzanne

#1642 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Only gstellenberg can answer that… tell us if the 2 month backlog has increased or decreased or stayed the same…. I doubt it would have changed much since the last update only about a month ago.

The last update in August indicated they were about 2 months behind at that point - however Gerry also said he expected it would *increase* by a few weeks before it started to shrink. We are around that time right now - so people with an initial shipping estimate of ~July should be getting close.

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I thought the earliest shipping estimates (from Al launch day) were initially October? So that would put us into December then? I was under the impression that anyone getting it earlier had a machine ordered prior to Al day.
No big deal either way...just curiosity and excitement!

Perhaps that estimate was for a full machine? I just ordered the playfield module, so (presumably?) simpler, fewer parts.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I was thinking the same thing. They mentioned production was ramping up so would that mean the 2 month delay from early August's email is being cut down? I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering the Cosmic Cart Racing module before the price increase as the videos of gameplay online look great (I used the Cosmic $ to upgrade 007 to a premium)

The August update that was sent out to the mailing list confirmed the 2 month delay, and added that there would be an additional delay of a couple weeks (not sure why, hiring?) then things would start ramping up even more. They've been shipping machines but hard to tell where things are. I'm not sure if the one Weird Al received (#27) was actually the 27th machine built - most likely not.

#1651 1 year ago

Yeah, hiring. The job market is pretty nuts right now everywhere. It seems we go through about 10 people for every 2 or 3 that have a good attitude and desire to succeed at their jobs.

27th machine? Hah! 27 is a special number to Al, so we made sure he got it. Otherwise, our serial numbers are generally random (with very few exceptions).
Despite how some will want to spin that, we're many factors higher on P3 machines and also higher on WAMONH playfields (which are split across existing machine owners and new machine shipments).

Ok, clearly I should have added wink about the 27th machine!

Hiring *IS* nuts everywhere. I am rolling off a contract right now, and the rates for the new company who took over are WAAAY off of what the market is wanting. So in 3 days, everybody at this 100+ person office turns into a pumpkin.

#1659 1 year ago

Note to self: don't share test machine pics with Zitt again. That machine has probably seen over 10,000 playfield swaps.
- Gerry

LOL!

1 week later
#1684 1 year ago

Yeah, yeah not a 'word' question exactly

Q: Number of bricks in the Great Wall of China

A) 27
B) 6
C) 3,873,000,000
D) 0 - they aren't bricks!

#1686 1 year ago

RIP Judy Tenuta!

I may actually shed real tears here. A long time, real-life Close, Personal Friend of Al. That is a huge loss for the comedy- and the rest of the world.

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I believe you mean h4X0rz

LOL

2 weeks later
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

We were told it was going on the line and paid in full last month. Just wanted a gague on the timeframe from on the line/paid in full to shipped.

Have you reached out to Cointaker? When ordering from MM in the past, once you PIF it should be shipped in the next day or so.

Obviously orders have exploded and you ordered through a distributor, but if you've already paid you definitely should check with Cointaker. A month isn't unheard of, but it's definitely getting a bit long. I know the projections from earlier this year have long since gone past, (my playfield-only was supposed to be on the line in July, ordered through MM) but I think those projections were made with the assumption of new help, and MM has acknowledged that (like every other industry) they've had challenges staffing up.

1 week later
#1705 1 year ago

Any new sightings? I was hoping I'd have my WAMONH by the time the Al movie debuted!

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

You can come visit me and play Indiana is not much further than Purcellville

One Day! But man there has GOT to be one closer

#1710 1 year ago

Might just be worth it for the trip!

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Could have done it half an hour ago. It just sold, sorry.

Awwww that is an awful burn bro!

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Got the email today! P3 with Weird Al should be done in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!

Well best of it to you !

#1726 1 year ago

Finally got my email! woo!

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

The first day Weird Al sales were opened. Early March, not sure the actual date. The original estimate was early October, so looks like they may meet or beat the estimated 2 month delay they notified everyone about earlier.

Full p3, yes?

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:what was your invoice number?

Haven't gotten the final invoice yet; hoping later today.

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

You got an invoice number when you put the deposit back in March. That seems to be the production order. JTgribble is 1322 and he was just notified the other day. I’m 1334.

Gotcha. My invoice from back then was 1885 (Hey, BTTF III!). I only ordered the playfield though, so not sure if those invoices are tracked on a different sequence.

#1739 1 year ago

Curious what the wait time is between invoicing and delivery for those who just got a module? We will be out of town for thanksgiving so I wanted to make sure the timing works and my VERY curious neighbor doesn’t call me (again, for real) and say “these boxes came, I didnt know if you wanted me to open them, so I just went ahead and did”.

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was invoiced and believe it was not more than a few weeks

Thanks! That kinda puts me right in the danger zone, but I'll survive Psyched to finally get this thing going! Planning a road trip to Albuquerque!

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I've been paid in full for almost 2 months and not a peep from cointaker - last week was "soon" - which was from being on the line and ready to ship that week of 9/18/22.
So all bets are off.

Mine is coming directly from MM, so I'm not expecting it will be super long

#1752 1 year ago

This isn't true. It currently takes a machine 2-3 weeks for production between time of paid invoice to boxed up on our dock, sometimes a few days less, some times a few days more. It doesn't take anywhere near 2 months to fulfill a fully paid order.
I don't know the specifics of your order (or your name), but I'll reach out to CT to find out the source of the confusion. Probably some cross signals somewhere. We'll get to the bottom of it.
- Gerry

That’s why I keep buying Multimorphic, ladies and gentlemen.

#1758 1 year ago

Increase the volume of the background music, then lower overall volume.

This works, and basically every game responds similarly. Each game has their own setting so you may need to set new values when you change games

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Update:
MM contacted cointaker - turns out they (cointaker) thought they were alotted 3 full P3 for that shipment, they only got 2 P3 and one weird al module.
So I'll be on the next shipment to cointaker in 2 months.

Mystery solved! Well that sucks you have to wait longer than expected but sounds like you’ll be getting a whole machine.. worth the wait!

Come on down my way, my WAMONH playfield arrives tomorrow! I’m about to start at least a 10 hour server update so hopefully I’ll be able to stand up!

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

They are refunding my payment less deposit. I'm still confident in Melissa and Chris as well as Multimorphic - life happens, we make mistakes.

Does that mean you’ll have to PIF again once the shipment actually arrives ?

#1770 1 year ago

Al has made it home! I have an "original recipe" P3, so it took a few adjustments (the left VUK from the trough was not lined up), but I've played a few games and this game is even better than I remember!

One thing I will say to you new P3 owners: it is worth the wait. I am *so* tired of adjusting the scoop and wall heights. Had to do it again on Al. It's a huge pain, and they never seem to stay in place, even when I lock the set nut. I had ONE scoop on the left that needed adjusting - after about 30 minutes I got it perfect. I put everything back together, and suddenly I am getting airballs off of ALL the other walls! (which I did not touch). Anyway, that's my only gripe. I am saving my money for the servo-controlled scoops. That WILL be the next upgrade I buy, no question about it.

Anyway, the game is frickin' awesome. I have not figured out how to get up to the mezzanine to use the 5th flipper, but I'm working on it...

The Harvey shot from a launched ball is AWESOME!! That spiral is so smooth!

#1772 1 year ago

If it makes you feel any better that was a time consuming process at the factory too.

Haha it doesn’t ! I’m just really glad it’s been upgraded - those things are standing in the way of my game! I’ll go back to it tonight; I added the left flipper module (same process as the right more or less so that didn’t take long). Figured out the cross wireform, all set. As usual, extremely helpful documentation. Thank you TJ!

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a latter p3 about a year old and have never had to adjust a wall or scoop.

Mine gets moved around a lot - to shows, different areas of the house (we did an addition and had to clear out). It’s part of the deal, and most likely my fault for tinkering, maybe I didn’t tighten everything up like I thought I did. I just think it’s really smart that MM decided to go the direction they did with the servo controlled ones

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see why you would want sevros,moving it and playing it at shows,mine is not payed near as much so I will hold to coils and I like the way they raise and fall.

Yeah, I like the “clunk” of the solenoid ones, but overall being more precise is probably better for maintenance

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Ahh, the shipping company is killing me. P3 made it from Texas to Dayton, OH (90 minutes away) in 2 days. Got a call from the shipping company to set up delivery, not today, not tomorrow, but next Monday.
The first 1300 miles - 2 days
The last 97 miles - 7 days
Hurry up and wait I guess. I'm sure there's some logistical reason, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Shipping is a real cluster in the best of circumstances. The last 100 miles are many times handled by a local place, and they can be overwhelmed, disorganized, who knows what

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I guess I get it. A holiday weekend doesn't help anything either. But, knowing it's so close and just sitting there is maddening. Don't they understand I want my new toy right now!!

LOL I know exactly how you feel! Knowing it’s so close! Maybe you can pick it up? Haha

#1798 1 year ago

Lol I remember these folks from the Amazing Race - we ran into them at Disney World (Galaxy’s Edge) shortly after their season aired - they were just as discombobulated as we were with the Disney scheduling app, and were real fun to hang around with for an afternoon

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

The wonderful shipping company strikes again. I used my last vacation day to be home during their totally reasonable 8hr delivery window, aaaaanndd.... They call this morning to say they can't possibly make it today and they will try to deliver tomorrow. My blood pressure is fine.

Ugh. Well tomorrow night will be amazing!

#1807 1 year ago

Can someone explain to me the right ramp behavior? I know if I pick up a meal ticket, the ramp comes down, and I see a little timer for the mezzanine. But the ramp goes back up almost immediately, and before the timer expires. Am I causing the ramp to go back up early somehow? I don’t get the rules here

#1809 1 year ago

It does this if it thinks it didn't get all the way down. So either a ball or something is stuck under it, or more likely in your case, the down switch needs a slight adjustment. You can test the functionally in Diags -> playfield module. If you tell the ramp to go down, it should stay down. If it goes back up and then triee again later, it's the switch. The switch is easy to adjust.
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/WAMONH_Right_Lift_Ramp
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry! The ramp does stay down sometimes, like when I qualify the Harvey lock - this is why I thought it was specific to the Meal Ticket. Thanks for confirming this is not expected behavior. I know you guys make the games hard but DAMN!

I’ll check if it’s binding - I’ve got to assume the down switch is just on the edge of triggering, which is why it’s intermittent.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

That meal ticket timer is so short for my horrible playing hahahah.

LOL same here. I've made it a couple times using the P3 pass which is why I wasn't sure if it was on purpose. But the timer has clearly not counted down when the ramp goes back up, which seemed strange.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

What’s the P3 pass?

Just a post pass (or sometimes more of a flick if the ball is in motion) - but the timing is a little different on the P3. It’s more forgiving than on other games IMO once you learn the timing

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I think I’ve done post pass but not sure the whole ball moving/in flow. Will try it out. Makes sense now with meal ticket if collect on right inlane and send it to left flipper then right ramp…Thanks!

I almost always do it when the ball is moving - it comes down the right inlane and I send it over to the left flipper. It's not exactly flick since I do it very early on the right flipper, making it more of a post pass - but again I usually do it while the ball is moving.

#1843 1 year ago

O sweet! I didn't realize we got a second art package if we bought the LE edition. I think I'm going to go for that P3 Machine look for a second package.
Really looking forward to Weird Al. A little disappointed Heist and CCR will be coming so much later. The more I read about CCR and Sorcerers apprentice, the more I like it.

Don't overlook Lexy - CCR and SA are great games in and of themselves, but the Lexy playfield is a fast shooter and the game is big fun. I'd like to eventually see another game on this playfield. I'm getting a much greater appreciation of how the walls/scoops can dramatically change a game, even if the shots are roughly the same

#1845 1 year ago

O yes. Lexy looks awesome but I can only afford so much. I figure it trading modules down the line might not be too hard since they will fit in the mail.

TOTALLY understand that. I want to get in on Drained but I've already exceeded my budget for new games this year.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Just curious what everyone is jacking the flipper strength to in this game? If I left it on the default there’s no way I would ever be able to make it up the right ramp or with the upper left flipper, up the hampster wheel shot. I feel like I turned it up a lot already so just wanted to see where others are at.
Also, what is the recommended pitch?
Great game so far. A lot of fun.

Mines at default settings; pitch for my game is just slightly north of 6.5

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

My flippers must be very weak then. If I left on default there’s no way I would make it up the ramp.

I’m assuming you mean the right ramp? Check and make sure the magnet is working ; that should kick in about halfway up the ramp

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Maybe in time to bring to Allentown (If I can drag this beast up the hill).

trick a friend into helping! 425lb is absolutely accurate

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Thank you Gerry! Yea that was the problem as I was in diagnostics then underplayfield test. I saw online ppl were able to eject all the balls like this with other game modules. Yet as you stated heist is different, I ended up getting them out. Why not just make a ball eject that’s compatible with all modules? Seems like it could be programmed into game code per module

Send it to the support email so it gets turned into a potential ticket. Gerry's got a LOT going on these days!

#1899 1 year ago

I’d like it as a Megadeth theme. Hangar 18 multiball.

Damn, that’s a really good idea!

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes I would love more module themes changed like ccr and sorcerer for 500.00 you get a whole new game,less space also,yes please put more into rethemes.

I know they have this in mind, just takes time!

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Thanks, I'll try that out tonight or tomorrow morning (before work). I'll move this over to email as well because I know I'll be asking a few extra questions (since I am so used to Williams and Sterns and the P3 is new to my friends and I). After unboxing, we were so nervous attempting to take out the Weird Al module, it was like we were performing open heart surgery on the Pope. I've done it twice solo today so I'm already a pro

Hardest part (I guess other than just being careful!) is ensuring the playfield is as low as possible so the retention clips latch, and the rails line up. I occasionally have to bend mine out just so it adds a little bit of pressure and it’s a much smoother orbit shot

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

man there is just SO MUCH in that game. I spend many games only trying to build sandwiches lol

I really need to fix my right ramp, it never stays down (Gerry said it thinks it hasn’t deployed fully and hit the min value so it retracts). So I haven’t gotten to my Bologna very often!

#1922 1 year ago

https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/WAMONH_Right_Lift_Ramp
Simple adjustment. Similar to adjusting our EOS switches. In fact, the ramp down position uses one of our EOS switch boards.
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry, just need to get a few minutes. Looks real simple!

1 week later
#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yikes, in a good way. Had a game night the end of last week to introduce Weird Al to the game room (Ice Ice Arcade). Was supposed to be three hours, ended up going for six. The overall opinion on the game was they liked how complex the playfield module was and how much rules the game had. They were also impressed at how easy it was to work on the games and how most of the settings were through the software. They also thought the game was way more fun than the times they played it at shows, which makes sense when its set up better and you can actually hear it. The one complaint was with how nasty the outlanes were. I forgot to adjust them before everyone arrived so they were wide open.... kept the ball times down LOL. 120 games played, 17 people, no issues, total blast. I can't wait for the other modules to arrive and to see what the two new ones will be (checkbook ready).
The calm before the storm. P3 gets the center spot in front of the windows (also to allow the modules to be changed out)[quoted image]

I’m curious to how you end up setting up the outlanes. When they are wide open I find the games way too hard; it’s drain city. But I’ve not yet found the sweet spot - mine are a bit too closed I think, and if the ball really fires in there, it gets caught between the rubbers and there’s no saving it. But , I guess it’s pinball!

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Nice! I’ve had family over and they loving Weird Al. My game stopped ball searching which is frustrating and it loses the ball when enters the back of the ticket counter scoop (on a weird slow roll around back left, happens about once every two game). Glad people enjoying this though!

This happened to me too - the ball search only activates if there's no activity on switches AND the lower playfield does not detect a ball rolling around there. The sensors in the lower PF are very precise, but they can get fooled - especially if there's something (a ribbon cable, for example) hanging down.

Remove the glass, go into Diagnostics and check the "Playfield Ball tracking". You should see this criss-cross of lines. drag your finger across them and the lines will disappear as you drag. If any of them stay after you've done that, you have an obstruction.

If so: Lift the whole playfield out into service position 1 (like a regular Stern game, supports on the front of the cab). Then carefully lower the steel flap on the front of the playfield and look down the playfield at the extreme right and left side - you may see your ribbon cable from the upper flippers assembly hanging down just enough to obstruct the optos.

Report back.

#1965 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

l
My only complaint really on Weird Al is the flippers.
Almost impossible for me to switch back and forth between upper and lower when needed.
I'm sure with more practice on it might get easier.

You will. Doesn’t take long

#1971 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can't you set it so the upper activates both flippers? I sure hope so I hate that double flipper button stuff.

Yes you can. I didn’t like it at first either, but then played a Starship Troopers and decided to stick it out; now I leave it with separate buttons. But yeah there’s a setting to stage the flippers too

#1981 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

AHA! I thought so! Thank you for confirming...I appreciate it. Mine shipped incorrectly then, so if anyone else is struggling with their spiral shot, take a look at that transition. It makes a world of difference.
Thanks again, and have a great new year!

I’m not at my game, but is it easy to re-orient this wireform? I’m now curious to check on mine as well

#1988 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

That's the problem with the wireform being over that lip, creates a ball trap on balls that barely make it up the spiral. Happens about once every other game to me and have to almost tilt to free it

Happens every once in a while on mine too - I ended up just raising the back legs a couple turns and that seems to have solved it.

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

WooHoo my Weird Al LE is on the line! Unfortunately got a Lexy kit with it and it is backordered 10-12 weeks I was told. :-/

Ask if they can ship the Lexy later

#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Oh they are, it won't stop Weird Al from shipping when it's ready. Just a long lag time for individual kits apparently

That's great! Al appears to overwhelmingly be the most-ordered playfield currently. Although I am definitely getting a Drained next month! (far lesser lag time there )

#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I stand corrected. But at minimum it isn’t very user friendly, especially for newer players who are just confused about where their ball is. If the machine would acknowledge or encourage it as a feature that would be different. As it is now, it just sits there unseen. It seems like a missed opportunity or an oversight in an otherwise amazingly thought out machine and ruleset. Maybe it is just me, but I have had five different people all get a ball stuck there so far and were initially confused and then annoyed when it would get stuck there with no real reason. If it’s a feature, then feature it! If it’s a design flaw (which I do not think it is), find a way to turn it into a feature.
Under flipper shots are super cool. So I hope to see this one used in a cool way, that’s all. As it sits now, it comes off as a mistake.

In Heist it is a specific, intentional shot in one of the Side Jobs. It’s also exceedingly difficult to do during multiball. IMO, Seems like a feature.

#2011 1 year ago

I realized today that WAMONH uses 2 of the VUKs. I had an alignment issue on mine which needed to be fixed, but I’m not sure if I fixed the one on the right side. does the ball always launch from the left side, or should there be occasional right launches as well? Trying to see if I need to do more alignment

#2014 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

New balls always launch from the left, but some modes use the right VUK.
I *think* Germs is unplayable without a working right VUK.
- Mark

THAT suddenly makes a lot of sense. It’s not unplayable, but it is supremely unfair. This confirms what I thought. Cool; I’ll adjust tomorrow. C

Come on MM- let’s get that topper, speaker panel, cab lighting working for us old timers!!

#2018 1 year ago

It's here and it's awesome!
Came in yesterday and holy cow is this thing heavy. Box looked perfect when delivered, but after getting it into place there is a little damage to some wood in the rear not visible from the outside. I'm working with Multimorphic on a replacement piece. You can see in the picture of the pin on the truck the pallet is partially collapsed. The good news is it plays just fine and still feels solid.
I spent my first few hours with the machine trying to get it set up. ITS HEAVY! I took off the side art (Super Easy), glass (Super Easy), Flipper module (Easy), Monitor (Easy), and Module (Medium) to get the weight down to get the back machine lifted up and the legs installed. I could not lift it without those removed, but it felt "Stern like" with those removed
I tore my hear out after installing the module as the left Vuk didn't shoot up all the way so it took 10+ try to start a ball, but after emailing Multimorphic, I got a quick answer and a quick adjustment later it's 100%. No game is perfect NIB.
Other that adjusting a nut to fix a Vuk the only other changes I've made are turning off the attract mode sounds, and closing up the inlanes a little. They ship fully open.
As to the game itself, this thing shoots like butter! I'm surprised how well it shoots actually. I'm still learning the rules so I can't really rate it yet. I'm that odd Weird Al superfan, so this is a dream theme for me and the music is well integrated.
I'm overwhelmingly positive on the machine and the multimorphic system is very well done. Lots has clearly going into engineering this, and the machine is built like a tank. Things that are hard to get used to are the separate buttons for the upper flippers and their location. I realize you can change the settings to make them all fire but I'm trying to get used to it. On every other pinball machine the flippers are always visible, but they are hidden under plastic here. I kind of wish there was a flipper on top of the plastic or a clear piece in the games with upper flippers.
I'm enjoying the machine and will give more details on it once my kids let me play again. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! All the adjustments are available on the Multimorphic support site, including adjustments to the VUK. The documentation is extraordinarily clear IMO, but that site is frankly very confusing and doesn’t send you to the correct page from their main site, and certain things are confusingly labeled. It’s a support site, and I’d rather the team spend their time building games and updating code, but as more people get their games the need to fix that support area will dramatically increase. (And multimorphic is aware, they just don’t have unlimited resources)

Anyway, the machine is indeed built like a tank and the playfields are really well designed to integrate so much into such a compact area. WAMONH grows on you, and you’ll keep finding all kinds of Al Easter eggs all over the art and in the animations. It’s such a well integrated theme.

Don’t sleep on the other games either! While not as polished as Al, Lexy Lightspeed is a great shooter, and Heist, CCR, Sorceror’s (and the mini games) are all worth checking out.

#2021 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

How do you even get to that VUK? Reading posts then looking at my game, I’ve never gotten to the VUK so I’m assuming something needs to be adjusted on my game

I’m assuming you’re referring to Satan’s post above? there’s a support doc on the Multimorphic site which goes over this, but basically you just have to tighten a nut on the playfield to draw the VUK closer in so it lines up with the fixed VUK chute(?) tunnel(?) in the main machine. There are 2 nuts on the lower back plate of the playfield, one for each VUK

#2027 1 year ago

Is there a way to turn ball search on in this game? I'm still dialing it in, but every time a ball gets stuck on the edge of a ramp or something the game is essentially over.
Thanks!

The machine uses a series of optos to detect whether a ball is on the playfield or not (the lower/screen playfield). That’s how Germs works

Anyway, apparently ball search is not triggered if the optos are detecting a “ball” on the playfield. Most likely you have a wire or ribbon cable hanging down just enough that it obstructs one of the optos.

Go into diagnostics and remove the glass. Go to Ball Tracking and you’ll see a crosshatch of lines across the lower playfield. Drag your finger through all the lines and they will disappear as you break the opto path. Likely one or two will not go away, indicating another obstruction.

Lift the playfield out and lower the door flap protector thing that sits at the end (the big aluminum piece). Look down the playfield at the extreme left right sides and you may see a ribbon cable or other wire hanging down. That’s your issue

#2029 1 year ago

Great! I am sorry to report that is can be a huge pain in the butt to fix - hopefully not on your game!

#2032 1 year ago

Re: support site. I believe we fixed this a couple of weeks ago. It should take you to support's "Home" page now instead of the issue summary. It still won't redirect to a clicked link after logging in, but now the Customer Support Resources are easy to find.
- Gerry

Just checked; I can confirm the login works properly and Support does take you to the right spot. Thanks Gerry!

#2058 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

I wasn't aware of a problem with the ramp. Mine seems to function well. Is it just hard to get the ball up? Or has it broken in some way?

It doesn’t relax all the way down when the ramp is lowered, and can cause a ball trap

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes. I have the same problem. It's a problem with the spring steel. For now, just wait for the ball search to remove it. bending it down, will only solve the problem for a couple of weeks. Only way to solve this for good, is to drill out the rivets, and replace with different spring steel.

Not an easy fix unfortunately. I pitched my back legs up a touch which helped quite a lot - otherwise I just wait for ball search like you said

#2065 1 year ago

Put the playfield in Service position one. Open the end door and flip down out of the way. Get your face eye level with the playfield plexiglass surface. Look on the far left and far right edges for ribbon cables drooping down that may block a transmitter or receiver.
Flipper module may be removed if you’re having trouble seeing around it.

Yep.

1 week later
#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:Thank you. I will check those out. My game’s current pitch is set at 6.7

Good idea to set it a little lower - it will help with the spiral, but as you get other modules they also expect to be at 6.5

1 week later
#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Any advice on how to keep the cross wire form from coming loose? I feel like every 5-10 games I have to go in and tighten it back down.

Care to share a photo of the right rail where the wireform connects? I'm curious if you could move it up a bit so it wouldn't come out of the upper playfield. That seems unusual

#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks pretty snug. So it’s the retaining screw that’s coming loose? I’d maybe do a tiny drop of blue loctite

#2131 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sounds like Nick has you well covered on the fix. As for Firehose, it is supposed to fire balls repeatedly down the left side, feeding the upper left flipper which is the only one active. If you make three spiral ramp shots, you get to continue your game. Even after hitting three, it will continue so you can continue to rack up more points and there is a leader board for the most firehose drinks. Other games have used this "last chance mini-mode" mechanic, but this one is by far my favorite of those I have played. Al making fun of you and egging you on as you go puts it over the top.

What’s the qualifier to get firehose mode? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it

2 weeks later
#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

One thing I have heard guests wishing for in future updates would be more interaction from the main video screen.
Apart from Germs, there doesn’t appear to be anything to aim for… yes?

Multimorphic isn’t real big on major updates after release - so here’s hoping! Certainly other games (Lexy,Rocs) make more use of the main playfield screen in that manner.

#2162 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:There is an array of infra-red sensors on either side of the playfield screen, that's why nothing can touch the screen except the ball and every mech has to levitate above. To add a mech in the middle of the screen, you would have to slot it on both sides or put it on a hinge from the module. This will eventually be attempted by someone but not yet.

This is why Multimorphic added the crane to Heist. They also have designs for floating pop bumpers but have yet to add them to a game

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

No, not a ski pass...on a P3, a ball coming down thru an inlane can be transferred to the other side using this hop that the P3 flippers create if you flip at the correct time. It's a very useful maneuver if you can get the feel for it.

And not hard to get the feel; it is a little hard to go back to other flippers after you’ve nailed it down!

#2173 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

A tap pass is when the ball is already over the flipper. If that's the case here, this is nothing special on the P3.
I believe the original comment said the ball was still in the inlane.

Not a tap pass - this is a flip much earlier, when the ball is just coming down the inlane

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So is this because the flipper mechs 'float' because of the LCD screen so they have a little flex in the whole thing compared to a standard game where every bit is bolted through a wood playfield? So there's a little vibration when you flip that you can use in a new way?
I'd love to see a video if anyone has it, I can sort of picture it but not sure I'm seeing it right.

I am not sure if this is correct, but I think it’s because the anchor point of the flipper’s motion is in a slightly different place due to the mechanism - there is the armature pushing/pulling the flipper instead of it just rotating as on a standard flipper that is, as you said, fixed to the playfield. Maybe a slow-motion video will explain better

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

For a longer version of why I didn't like the P3 platform go read my review of weird al on the pinside game page. It's the most recent review.

I mean, these games are not for everyone. I don't agree with many of your points - for example, the complaint about the spiral ramp shot. I am a terribly mediocre player and I'm able to hit that shot probably 1 out of 4 times. I'm curious if setup was a factor here. But whatever, not trying to change your mind - no game makes everyone happy!

I'm off to try the dual-flippers-on-one-button and see if I can make the ramps! I dont' recall that being an issue before

#2217 1 year ago

For what it is worth, my P3 has never had flipper issues. I measure 120 at the wall.
[quoted image]

Same

#2300 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:Right now I only have the Weird Al module, but I'm getting Heist real soon. Am I right that these coil and VUK adjustments are module dependent? I won't need to adjust things each time I swap playfields?

Correct. You do have to ensure the VUK chutes line up pretty consistently

1 week later
#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

thought you might enjoy this thread of a very experienced tech reacting to their first service call for a Weird Al https://mstdn.social/@ifixcoinops/109955814730889853
I don't think it shows the whole thing all at once, so be sure to continue here https://mstdn.social/@ifixcoinops/109955814730889853
...and here https://mstdn.social/@ifixcoinops/109957006651120231
..and here https://mstdn.social/@ifixcoinops/109982867747189462
it should end with him going to get lunch

That is a hilarious read. The guy is obviously working class from the UK. There’s a couple things I kinda agree with him on (the menu requiring the coin door closed!), but mostly the sarcasm is just funny as hell. There are a couple of good burns in there too.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:Crap I was lifting under the right side plastic with the metal cross piece. Hope I didnt cause any damage

You would already know if you did

#2352 1 year ago

I would like to publicly thank d0n for selling his P3. The new owner seems to be loving it (and hitting the right ramp and spiral ramp without issue). Win-win.
- Gerry

LOL

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I wonder how many vendors and manufactures' refuse to deal with d0n at this point? Or for that matter, how many Pinsiders.

At least 1

1 week later
#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, I’d assume it’s decent size like the other side. I have played a couple games with out and it seems like the module works atleast. One time it went into ball search but seems good now. Looks like a really fun game. Kids are bummed we can’t play it. They had friends over

Bummer! Everybody is at TPF, this is a tough week for them. you know they’ll ship it out ASAP, but log it with support

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, I will log it. I emailed Sarah but sounds like opening a ticket is better

For sure. Sarah and Gerry have a little one, and guess who gets priority? Lol. TJ should be dealing with your particular issue (although I’m sure he’s also at TPF).

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperHomer:

Thank you. I can appreciate it being better quality. But how good is it when it comes to reflection and glare? I use the PDI mostly because it appears almost invisible.

Go for it if you want. It won’t hurt anything to use PDI. Zitt is just saying you may not notice a huge difference.

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s a bit of a waste. I tried on mine. The problem is the PF itself is lexan, which reflects a LOT of light. Made it look worse for me. Went back to the P3 glass.

For what it’s worth, this is the reasoning Multimorphic offers - I’ve tried it as well, and while I didn’t think it made things THAT bad, it wasn’t worth it, and the glass ended up on my Monster Bash

1 month later
#2480 11 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:So picked mine up earlier this week from a fedex depot (delivering directly to my house was not cost effective) but happy to make shipping easier. They put it vertically in the back of my bed, so I had to unpack it on the truck in order to get it off. It was packaged VERY well, no damage at all. As others have said, it is heavy as shit (I'm honestly curious what the weight is). Might even be slightly heavier than JJP wonka (those LCD's add a lot of weight). Not only struggled to get it in the house, I nearly couldn't raise up the cabinet to get the back legs on.
Cleaned the oil off the balls, fed them down the trough, booted it up, no issues at all. I do like what Gerry did with the screws holding the backbox up through the side hinges (so you don't even have to remove the panel). It looks like the flipper button modules are 3d printed (could be wrong, but it looks like they are), and nothing wrong with that. Guessing the volume isn't quite there to injection mold it. Definitely takes time to get used to the split buttons, may try changing it to a single button.
Again, early Multimorphic games I wasn't really thrilled with. Not just theme, not great interaction. Weird al has great modes, great humor. The "shooting the correctly lit lane" is very reminiscent of rick and morty adventures. Having the entire screen be trackable means no switches (balls fly through inlanes), and bonuses can pop up anywhere. It really takes some getting used to having that bright screen filling most of the playfield but I dig it. I've always loved weird al's humor and it really comes through in this game.

Really interesting hearing this from someone who’s followed the P3, and wasn’t all that interested at first. Glad you’re enjoying the new game!

#2489 11 months ago
Quoted from larryfl1:

hi all, I am a little confused on the uhf camera functionality and what it does or to get balls into it..
I am playing but not really sure how to use/leverage that and or what it will do
any videos? or photos? is it the left ramp that loads it? I am having a hell of time getting a ball up both the right and left ramps

UHF camera is a lock for UHF Multiball. It is definitely difficult to get (although on ball 3 you may frequently get it awarded from the supplies closet)

To lock it, activate the lock with the target in front of the camera, then get the ball to the upper playfield (via the right ramp) when the Harvey lock is NOT lit. Harvey lock takes precedence as far as I know.

Get the ball upstairs then hold the button for the upper left flipper - this should direct a sufficiently fast moving ball into theUHF lock. Repeat. Takes some practice

#2492 11 months ago

I'd love to have the option of the mode not ending with a shot to the ticket booth. I've accidentally ended my mode I was doing well in several times.

Yeah I kind of hate that. That’s one of the easiest shots to accidentally hit

1 week later
#2503 11 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Surely you can't be serious?

But that’s not important right now…

#2509 10 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I modified my flipper boxes to be two stage flippers. Feels like a standard pinball machine now. I'll report back with impressions after playing with them a bit. First thing I noticed is the 'meal ticket' switching sides.

More info please!

#2512 10 months ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Not a lot of play time in but so far I like it. Should make the game more approachable to others since the top playfield flipper is also controlled by the lower buttons now. Don't know if this will cause excessive wear but I think for my home environment it should be fine. I may add a switch to go back to 'as designed' if needed.
Here are the details to the mod (soldering required). Components were parts I had lying around (except for the nylon washers).
Photos
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Notes:
a) Long blades on top and middle.
b) Black wire on center blade so it makes good contact with either switch.
c) Red wire on top blade.
d) Gold contacts facing each other for top and middle blades (lower flipper)
e) Bottom blade connected with wire to White button blade with white wire.
f) Add spacer to bottom of other switches to match the height of the red switch.
g) Double sided tape or adhesive to add nylon washer to button board.
h) The modified box extends slightly into the cabinet.
i) No adjustment of the blades was needed and the amount of separation between the stages seems good.
*The backside of the gold contact on the middle blade making contact with the lower blade's contact is not ideal, but wanted to give the two stage flipper a try before modifying or buying a part like below.
[quoted image]
Parts
1) 2x long blade from new slingshot switch to add the second stage switch
2) 2x spacer scavenged from old leaf switches to match white and yellow switch heights to red switch height.
3) 2x very thin spacer scavenged from old leaf switches to cover added blade (reduces nut height)
3) 6x 1.5mm x 8.2mm (OD) as measured, nylon washers to account for additional switch heights when mounting switch board to button box.
4) 2x short wires
Time: about 1hr for the first box to figure things out, 20 minutes for the second box.

Well shoot, that’s pretty awesome. Thanks for the detailed write up and photos!

1 week later
#2515 10 months ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Invoice #1402.
Got the email that machine had shipped on Tuesday, got delivery scheduled for next Wednesday.
Hell yeah!
Total time was 16 months from order 2/28/22) to delivery (6/21/23).
Later,
EV

You'll love it!

2 weeks later
#2530 9 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Someone posted this earlier and I'd like to know: How many of your Weird Als are capable of making the spiral shot this well? The BEST shot I've pulled off so far is a "It barely made it, yay!" shot. Maybe with 5% momentum left. When I first watched the ball blast up the spiral ramp this in the video my eyes bulge in disbelief.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorTameLampTBCheesePull-fbi74Ggl64mqKEoB

I can hit it a couple times a game usually. Sometimes I can’t hit the broad side of a barn. Sometimes it does roll back down, which really sucks. I’ve had it go ALL the way up and into the upper area, only to (I think) hit something and roll back down. But anyway usually it’s pretty good at making it up there

1 month later
#2567 8 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I just got mine today with a day one order. The new game buzz died pretty quick when I realized this is substantially larger than a standard game and there is no way to get it into my basement without taking the head off. I emailed Mulitmophic and they don't have any instructions on how to do this. Has anyone here done it? Any guidance from someone who has been in this situation would help.

It's not hard. Takes maybe 30-40 minutes your first time. I can now do it in about 15. Please note that I have an original P3, so there are some minor differences with the newer backbox.

- remove the 2 connections on the back of the backbox monitor (power and DVI). I think the power is a barrel connector plug.
- remove the backbox monitor - takes a nut driver; PARTIALY unscrew the 4 nuts holding the monitor. You will be able to lift the monitor up and off the bolts holding it. As long as you've unplugged both connections it's simple.

- There are standard desktop computer connections - e.g. HDMI, USB (and the DVI) going to the cab. remove ONLY those that go into the cabinet - just follow the few cables. Don't remove everything, a lot of connections stay in the backbox

- Use flags on the USB cables and Take photos - I think the USB connection port may matter so you want to keep track of where they are plugged in.

- there is a plug going into the power brick in the right side of the head. Remove the plug by pulling straight down. It feels like you're going to rip or break it. You won't. It's not that hard to re-insert, but just generally be careful.

- I *think* there is a connection to the LED driver board which is in the cabinet. You will need to verify this - it DOES matter where it's plugged in, so don't remove all of the connections. I don't believe they are marked but you can ask us or Multimorphic to confirm placement.

Everything can be removed inside the head and pushed down into the cabinet. The only even slightly complicated thing is removing the cabinet speaker connection. You just need a small screwdriver. Unscrew the connection to the 2 wires that go into the cabinet (don't remove all of them, just that one speaker)

Removing the screws in the brackets is your standard process; allen wrench inside the cabinet and you're all set. My game had spacers to protect the cabinet sides, so stick a piece of tape under the bracket and it will catch the piece. They're plastic and even 3D printable so no big loss.

The head is HEAVY, so get an assistant, or at least make sure you've removed the backbox monitor (you can actuall get around it but it's better to remove it). Lift the bb off the cabinet. I sometimes do this after having removed the back legs, but you need a helper for that.

The head is most of the weight, so be careful. The cabinet isn't LIGHT, but it's manageable with a dolly.

Good luck! Ask any other questions here or PM me.

#2570 8 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:Got the head off, game moved, and head back on. After getting it set up, it played great with no issues. Thanks KevInBuffalo, Skipnatty, and Rdoyle1978 for the help. I'd say the instructions Rdoyle1978 provided to remove the back box are about right with a few additions for the current version of the game:
1- To remove the monitor need to at least remove the bottom bolts completely and loosen the top ones.
2- Head wasn't as heavy as I expected with the monitor removed (I left the topper on) that said it takes too people to get it on and off the game. Even without the head the cabinet with a playfield in it is heavy. Perhaps in the league with a JJP game with the head on.
3- The plug to the power brick that needs to be pulled straight down seems no longer to be a thing.[quoted image]

Fantastic! Well done

#2585 8 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well I emailed P3 to register my game so hopefully this gets me on the way to P3 success lol.

Open a support ticket - they may need to make a special download available to your machine

1 week later
#2606 8 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think this multi-button requirement is most surprising for Multimorphic. It appears to be an engineering issue, and that's something MM shines at - engineering. And I agree, "this problem should be solvable without requiring players to learn a new way to play".
I wonder how many sales MM have lost due to people playing it a time or two and saying "I hate that button setup, no thanks." Explaining to that person the technical reasons why it's like that won't help - they already decided they hate it.

It’s slowly changing. Us old-timers have been saying this for years and years. I still don’t love how my fingers cramp up when playing long-ish games. But it used to just be “no we aren’t changing that”, and now we’ve got the option to drive multiple flippers with the one button. Maybe not quite there yet but it’s progress. Costs money, costs time, would require re-engineering some of the components. multimorphic is blessed with a million ideas but the realities of physics and finances prevent doing it all!

I did see a brilliant post a few pages back where someone mechanically updated the game to physically connect the circuits of both buttons, which seems quite smart. They were staged if I recall correctly.

I don’t mind the multiple buttons that much (took time to get used to it for sure), but the arrangement is too hard on my hands; I have to stretch my fingers uncomfortably to touch both sets of buttons. I am finding I’m preferring 2-flipper games as a result

#2607 8 months ago

Still curious if MM would consider sharing the flipper button 3D print file so it could be adjusted for players wanting to try other arrangements. I asked about this a while back and I think there were some concerns over legal matters. Open-sourcing that would be a good idea with all the tinkerers we have. I’d be interested in adjusting an existing model but doubt I would go through the trouble of rebuilding it entirely in Fusion360

6 months later
#2684 59 days ago
Quoted from BradLinden:I've been quietly enjoying my Weird Al for quite a few months: my wife and I both love it and we haven't had any tech issues. A few small questions:
- I'm not getting any sound/light cue when the ball drains through the out-lanes: is this normal? if it is, is it a change MM can make? Just seems a little anti-climactic. (Obviously, if a spatula or something is lit, we do get an effect for that).
- Is there any purpose to having "MEAL TICKET" rollover lit in the right outlane? I can't hit the right ramp from the right flipper; is there a strategy i'm missing?
- Is there a way to have *multiple* default players? We currently have it set up so that "Brad" is automatically player 1, could it be setup so that "[Wife]" is automatically player 2?

Sounds like you want to use the co-op feature!

1 week later
#2695 52 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Still my favorite Weird Al song:
I'd hope for an update with it; but, not sure it would fit the theme.

The licensing is a nightmare on that song. The lyrics are great but it’s the video that really knocks it out of the park. Al’s story about Donny Osmond getting so into the joke that he did basically one take and they were done

#2697 52 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Donny? Time index?
I saw drew Cary and laughed... Musta missed him

My mistake - I was thinking about White &Nerdy. I forgot Emo Phillips is in this one!

2 weeks later
#2702 38 days ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Hey all, I am going to circle back around to the ball trap that can occur when the hamster ramp is down and the metal flap is bent up.
Would it hurt anything to place mylar over this to affix it to the ramp?

Mine still does this as well, and not infrequently.

I don’t see why it would cause an issue, that metal flap is SUPPOSED to lay flat against the ramp, after all. But I’m a little skeptical the Mylar will hold. Worth a try for sure.

#2707 38 days ago

If you both have not already done so, I would suggest raising the lowered position of the spiral ramp a couple of ticks. This will prevent bouncebacks, and will increase the momentum on rollbacks.

Yep!

#2712 35 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Awesome.
I am finally gonna have Weird Al dialed in just in time for Final Resistance to arrive lol.
While we are on the subject of that, my topper runs but doesn't move. I heard there is a part inside that likes to break, can someone point me in the right direction to figure out what's up there?

DO. NOT. install FR when you get it. I'm warning you, seriously. You will never take it out. Play Weird Al a WHOLE lot before you even open that box

#2716 33 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Lol too late. FIRE is super fun! WAY has been on stage 7 months, I think he's earned a break. Still haven't even played Heist tho lol.

I put in heist a little while ago to play Dungeon Door Defender and remembered how great that game is (both of them). I think I particularly like the straightforwardness of FR and how the main playfield is used to keep track of shots (like a regular playfield!) but most of all, the music. I have found if I don’t like the music in a game, it leaves that much more quickly. FR, yes, WAL, yes - I don’t particularly love the Heist music but it fits the theme.

#2718 33 days ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I like the upbeat "enter your initials" high score music on Heist ... totally different style from the music of the game.

Yep, agreed!

1 month later
#2725 2 days ago
Quoted from flyhigh:

Follow-up from Kalamazoo show was that P3 held up well and received feedback from many that did NOT like the flippers split with red/white button and so on the last day of the show I changed the settings so the red button flipped the 2 right and 2 left flippers together. White just controlled upper playfield flipper.
I think that is the best setup for this pin based on feedback from many people from the show and my personal preference. I am sure someone may disagree which is fine but that is my finding based on experience.
I also was told by many people at the show they did not know this product even existed and so I would suggest Gary get this pin out at ALL the shows and pinball arcades and not just the largest shows since this may be holding back some sales and I would hope cause an increase in adaption of this product line in the pin loving public.
Great product Gary but you need MORE promotion of this in shows and arcades!!

Dude, it’s Gerry. Gary is the other guy

#2727 2 days ago

Meh, it happens a lot. Totally understandable. Same initials, same hairstyle, same corporate revenue per year, etc. Simple mistake.

Totally agreed, and we put a focus on getting P3s to a lot more shows this year. A few more are coming up, as are our official announcements about them! (Allentown, SPAQ, GSPF, NWPAS)
Before starting Multimorphic, advisors told me to not try to do something new in a well established industry, and they told me to absolutely not start a business requiring heavy capital without heavy investor backing. So what did I do? I started a company to build a very different type of machine, and I largely bootstrapped it. We've done a lot of really cool things with basically no budget, and we've grown organically. I'll admit to being incredibly jealous of all of the companies who've brought in or started with millions. I also seriously admire the few who have been successful bootstrapping and growing organically. Despite what a bunch of the armchair quarterbacks will make you think, it's a tough industry with a lot of moving parts (figuratively and literally).
With our recent and ongoing efforts to improve reliability and a lot of upcoming plans to help people better understand and maintain their P3s and successfully operate them, the word will continue to spread. The next challenge will be how to best show off a multi-game system at a show with only one or two P3s. That's easy to do in a home environment with a captured audience and more time. It's much harder to do at a show when people commonly see/play whatever game is installed and then move on to try to see the rest of the show.
- Gerry

I’m sure you will solve that problem! Nick and I post VERY LARGE signs with scheduled times when we will be swapping games, both so people can see the process and so they can experience the new games. Then the “when can I play so-and-so game?” Questions die down, and the “can you put this game in at 3:00 instead of that other one?” I always say come back at 5

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.