(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

OK p3, I see you

8 months later
#314 2 years ago

Weird Al??? Hell yeah! Nicely done P3 Multimorphic!

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*slow clap*
Congrats, Gerry - P3 is now on my radar.
Excellent theme, it speaks to nostalgia + he’s still current, it’s comedy, it’s music…adults like Al & it’s family friendly.
Weird Al sells more P3 in an hour than they have in 10 years.

No you idiot! As an adult, whens the last time you listened to Weird Al!? Adults don't still listen to Weird Al! This should be He-man or Transformers or GI Joe!! Lady Gaga should be a pinball machine, not Weird Al!

In all seriousness, I am contemplating a P3 now...wow.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I saw Weird al live once. I was the only one in the audience > 22 years old.
It was awesome.[quoted image]

I saw him twice and both times it was packed. Really fun shows!

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How does the song licensing work in the case of Weird Al? Do rights to the original song also need to be acquired so the parody song is included in the game?
My question is, will this game have his famous parodies or mostly his original songs?

Parody songs fall under fair use. He gets permission and even pays royalties sometimes (I think) on his parody songs just because hes a nice guy, but technically he doesn't have to. For his polka versions/mashups they are considered covers and do need things cleared. From his wikipedia:

Under the "fair use" provision of U.S. copyright law, affirmed by the United States Supreme Court in the 1994 case Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc., artists such as Yankovic do not need permission to record a parody. However, as a personal rule and as a means of maintaining good relationships, Yankovic has always sought permission from the original artist before commercially releasing a parody. Yankovic stated of these efforts: "I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings. I don't want to be embroiled in any nastiness. That's not how I live my life. I like everybody to be in on the joke and be happy for my success. I take pains not to burn bridges." The communications are typically handled by his manager Jay Levey, but at times Yankovic has asked the artist directly, such as flying to Denver, Colorado, to attend an Iggy Azalea concert and speak to her personally about parodying her song "Fancy". He claims that only about two to three percent of the artists he approaches for permission deny his requests.

Separately, Yankovic needs to negotiate for royalties to the original artists for including their songs within a polka medley, which is considered a cover in copyright law. This created difficulties in recording his first medley "Polkas on 45" since it involved thirteen different royalty schemes, but since then he has established a relationship with most large music publishers to easily secure the license to use their songs.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The bottom 2/3 is open but the screen will have targets and objectives displayed on it that will interact with the ball being tracked by a grid of optos. (Or on something like Heist, the crane extends down into that area to interact in a few ways)

My big p3 question is how do the flippers feel? I'm a huge flipper stickler

#595 2 years ago

Some real cool and interesting shots in this game. Well done P3

1 week later
#1109 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:The MJ estate would probably want a fortune to use either one regardless of any controversy issues anyway. Just the Fat parody alone isn't worth touching with all the body shaming nuts out there that would love to pull the victim card.

They have no right to any royalties. This has been covered multiple times now.

Also hot take: MJ is innocent. That documentary is a gigantic grift scam and so were all the other allegations

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't know if MJ is innocent or guilty, but it's ridiculous to try to erase his songs from society all of a sudden. It's not like there weren't lawsuits and allegations and court cases and all of that around MJ since the early 90s... But now that he's been dead 10 years we're canceling him?
If you boycott everything made by a terrible person or company, you'll die freezing, naked, and starving out in a field somewhere.

I agree 100%

Quoted from Zitt:

Again? Are you a copyright lawyer?
Your statement is a factual statement....where as ip law is anything but...
I contend that the do indeed have rights and claims and you would owe them royalties

K

#1132 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also, P3 is the machine, not the company. You meant "Multimorphic". I feel like they've reached the stature where this matters

I thought P3 was the company and Multimorphic was the machine? Ugh its confusing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

8,499 (OBO)
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=Haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.