(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #313 Official announcement Posted by BMore-Pinball (2 years ago)

Post #744 How to order Posted by gstellenberg (2 years ago)

Post #938 LE kits sold-out Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Post #1150 Live stream announcement - March 19th Posted by SirSnarf (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Exgametrader.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2465 12 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Going to open a ticket on this but figured I’d ask the group for help as well.
I have done all that I know to do to improve the spiral ramp shot on Weird Al. Leveled the walls and scoops, aligned the diverter with the other side of the ramp and made sure it was completely level. Left ball guide feeds the upper flipper cleanly. Raised power up to 40 and didn’t see a noticeable difference.
I’m not the worlds best pinball player by any means but definitely not a scrub either. When I played a friends game on location a few weeks ago I was flying up the spiral ramp. Not so at home.
What else is there to do to adjust this as the game isn’t really enjoyable as is.

The transition between the upper playfield and upper flipper module was crucial for completing the spiral ramp on our machine. It seemed like it was feeding the upper flipper smoothly but bending the upper playfield part of the ball guide back to as flush as possible made a world of difference.

63258F5F-D09F-428C-B589-2BCAF077B6AC (resized).jpeg63258F5F-D09F-428C-B589-2BCAF077B6AC (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#2528 9 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Mine came from the factory with the ramp meeting the spiral a little high, so I lowered it to make it as flush as possible with no bump. It didn't make a difference for me.

The transition between the ball guides where the Al module meets the upper left flipper mech makes a huge difference try to get it flush as possible

IMG_8331 (resized).jpegIMG_8331 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2610 8 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

When we started designing the P3, we made the conscious choice to design a complete machine that made sense to us. We rethought everything. If we're doing something the same way as other machines, it's because it makes sense to us. If the only reason to do something a particular way is because "that's how other machines do it" and/or "people are used to it being that way", then that's not good enough for us. I've always understood that some people wouldn't like all of our choices, and I'm ok with that, but everything we've done has had a ton of thought, discussion, and a logical conclusion behind it. Some of those choices won't change as we move forward, others might. Things and circumstances change over time.
Controlling lower and upper flippers with one button has never made sense to me. It still doesn't. Taking your primary means of control (lower flippers via buttons) and adding more actions to the same buttons, is a bad design and results in bad gameplay. There's a reason video game controllers and any number of customer devices have multiple buttons... because it makes sense to separate functionality, and it's not hard for most people to develop the dexterity to use them effectively over time. Most other machines chose not to add another button and instead added a switch stack for upper flippers. The staged switch events is good because it separates the inrush current needs of multiple coils. It's bad because it adds an independent function to an already used button, and it also does it in a way that introduces the very counterintuitive concept of upper flipper staging. But, most people are now used to that; so it's the standard, and that's fine. Lots of people ask for it, and the reason is almost always "all other machines do it this other way, and that's what my friends and I are used to."
I made one big mistake. I listened to some very vocal people who were complaining about the lack of single-button control of multiple flippers and gave the green light to implement the single-button option. It was a haphazard decision and the wrong one. We designed the P3 to separate the main flipper control from other functions (heck, we even put lane change on a separate button for all games that aren't explicitly using the secondary buttons for something else... and even for many that are), and adding the single button option has some caveats (basically all of the reasons we think they should be separate). We're likely to fix that mistake in future releases. Some are fighting pretty hard to sway us to keep the option, and most of those same people are also complaining about the caveats that come with single button use. That leads us to the following...
Adding staged flipper switches to the P3 is not an engineering challenge. The implication that we couldn't figure it out is interesting. It's not that hard. I think somebody posted a few weeks back how they did it. It can be done in many other ways too (slightly wider button boxes, lower profile switches, spring steel actuators and PCBs in the button box, etc, etc. We (Multimorphic) aren't doing that because it doesn't make sense to us; it's a worse playing experience, and it's a terrible choice for wear on otherwise seldomly used devices. However, the button boxes are easily swappable, so you're not stuck with our decision if you want to leverage all of the features of the P3 that other machines don't have without giving up one feature that others do have.
I'm sure this stance will be spun by some as evidence we ignore recommendations by current and potential future customers, despite us implementing hundreds of recommendations for undeniable improvements over the years. That's how it goes on the internet and people with agendas, and I accept it.
The good news for those of you who require flipper control to be exactly like other machines is that we have many 2-flipper games, including Final Resistance, and we'll have many more in the future. The P3 is a multi-game system with lots of games and lots of features. I'll never understand why some take a hard stance on the P3 when there's one feature or game they don't like. There's so much more to the system that they can enjoy, and there's a growing library of games that more and more people are enjoying.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

While I agree 100% that multiple buttons for the flippers is better once you get used to it (it’s how I play).
From an operator perspective single button flippers is a must. The casual player HATES the multiple buttons. They would certainly get used to it with time but it’s a big ask @ $1 a play.
We tried multiple buttons at first and got a lot of complaints. After switching to single button earnings almost doubled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
8,499 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Exgametrader.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music?tu=Exgametrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.