(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,733 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by May
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 55.
#401 2 years ago

There's a Word Crime in the new topic title

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

There's a Word Crime in the new topic title

I before e except after c, right? Fixed!

#404 2 years ago

I'm a P3 shill, so I'd give just about anything a chance. Scott Danesi on music just doubles down the willingness. That said, Weird Al is about as far from a dream theme as I could think of. I literally felt the enthusiasm drain out of me when I read the title.

But I have faith in the platform and I'll give it a chance. But if this costs considerably more than the prior modules I may lose interest in a hurry. At ~$2750 like the other modules, I'm likely in on almost anything. At $4K+ I'm not buying anything on a whim, and certainly not Weird Al.

I own all the P3 modules right now. I hope this isn't the first one I pass on.

#405 2 years ago

Just went down a Weird Al rabbit hole on Wikipedia. This is a huge get, I didn't realise just how big Weird Al is.

#406 2 years ago

Big enough that all these actors parodied it!:

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Just went down a Weird Al rabbit hole on Wikipedia. This is a huge get, I didn't realise just how big Weird Al is.

He's big all around, and a true artist. So many to choose from.... He actually got BETTER as he got older.

#408 2 years ago

Please include UHF content! Wheel of Fish mystery award anyone?

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

U get nothing! Nothing! Stupid!

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I spotted Al as "Rambo" and a Twinkie-Wiener Sandwich in the teaser video art, so there's definitely some UHF references.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Will the abbreviation be WAP? Weird Al Pinball…not the Cardi B song

WAMNH. When I got into the hobby it seemed like there was an endless string of games with 5 letters acronyms (RBION, CFTBL, EAPTM, EFTLW, was Close Encounters one too...?) and it took months just to get those all down. Time for the new hobbiests to be confused for a while.

#412 2 years ago

it would be cool if we got a smattering of UHF content but I'm not holding my breathe. Things like

Press start button before coin drop

Match successful

Match unsuccessful

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Scott Danesi on music just doubles down the willingness.

I think we all know at this point this isn't true.
Where did the "source" of this rumour come from?
Scott is not re-doing the music from Weird Al; that would just be a stupid stern move like they did on GOTG.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I think we all know at this point this isn't true.
Where did the "source" of this rumour come from?
I happen to know that Scott is not re-doing the music from Weird Al; that would just be a stupid stern move like they did on GOTG.

This is the opening post in the thread and it quotes Gerry as the originator.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Gerry Stellenberg: "Our next full P3 game kit is based on an amazing licensed theme, and Scott Danesi is working on the audio package!"
https://www.multimorphic.com/news/manufacturing-update-june-2021/
I thought Heist was a clever spin on Ocean's Eleven, now the company goes one step further.

Manufacturing Update – June 2021
Posted June 2, 2021 by Gerry Stellenberg

We’ve been fairly quiet over the last few months, but rest assured we are hard at work developing a long list of new games and features for the P3 and our control system products. How will we and our partners top recent releases of Heist, new mini-games, networked head-to-head gameplay, Twitch-Connect, USB/Bluetooth headset support, and a record-breaking 15-ball multiball? Stay tuned! Existing P3 owners will continue to get new games and features at a fraction of the cost of new machines, and others will have even more reasons to join the family. Our next full P3 game kit is based on an amazing licensed theme, and Scott Danesi is working on the audio package!

#415 2 years ago

Scott did the sound package, sound effects, vocal processing, mastering and wrote the high score music. There's a lot more to the sound than just the music tracks.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is the opening post in the thread and it quotes Gerry as the originator.

Re-read that line. emphasis added

Scott Danesi is working on the audio package!

#417 2 years ago

Amish Paradise is a must.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Amish Paradise is a must.

My personal favorite; is "its all about the Pentiums"... but not sure that made the cut.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Re-read that line. emphasis added

\

Yes, it says that. solarvalue also said he wrote the high score music. The original post there that you called out as untrue just said the guy was working on the music. Didn't say Al's music.

Reread yourself.

#420 2 years ago

I flip houses, so "Handy" is my favorite.

#421 2 years ago

So Scott Danesi did work on the audio for the game. And I’m assuming Bowen Kerins and Colin MacAlpine did work on rules/software?

That’s a great team on the project so far.

#422 2 years ago

Shaping up to be great! Can't wait for the reveal!

#423 2 years ago

So this is supposed to be Gerry's 'dream theme'. Definitely won't get me jumping on the Multimorphic bandwagon any time soon . I left Weird Al behind in the 80's.

#424 2 years ago

Yeah i think it's their culture rather than ours.

#425 2 years ago

Well done! The perfect theme for a pinball machine. I'm super excited to see some gameplay!

#426 2 years ago

I think that seeing the gameplay will reveal a lot. Could end up being like Godzilla. Wasn't the most popular theme, but was done so well that it has become one of the best. I will say that I was more excited about previous non-licensed themes from Multimorphic than this one. That makes me hopeful that this theme allowed enough creativity on their part to make it great. I think the artwork looks good so far and I have a lot of confidence in the music based on TNA and R&M.

#427 2 years ago

Congrats to Gerry and the team at Multimorphic for landing this license. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I'm all for humorous pinball games. Maybe it's a title that will do great in Arcades? Being based in Europe, Weird Al is known but not very successful. That being said, I just watch a few music videos I didn't know about and I was laughing out loud. Can't wait to play it, especially since I've already seen the layout. Pinball Magazine will have an in-depth look at this game soon on www.pinball-magazine.com.

#428 2 years ago

Pinball has been missing comedy for far too long. This will be a great theme for Multimorphic.

#429 2 years ago

Congratulations to Gerry and his team!

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I left Weird Al behind in the 80's.

He has actually been more successful post-2000. From Wikipedia: "His first top ten Billboard album (Straight Outta Lynwood) and single ("White & Nerdy") were both released in 2006, nearly three decades into his career. His latest album, Mandatory Fun (2014), became his first number-one album during its debut week."

However, he was very popular in the 80s (in Australia, too), so he should fit in with all the other 80s themes we have had recently.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My personal favorite; is "its all about the Pentiums"... but not sure that made the cut.

That's my favorite as well. Pure artistry.

#432 2 years ago

just gonna throw this in here in case anyone didn't see it

#433 2 years ago

I can’t believe this was 12 years ago:

#434 2 years ago

Any info on when the reveal will happen?

#435 2 years ago

The theme was initially surprisingly and disappointing but I’m warming up to the potential. I had zero interest in the theme of many of my favorite machines like JM, JD, IMDN… but it ultimately boils down to playfield design, rules and theme integration for me. While I generally like darker or sci-fi themes, Weird Al has a huge catalog of material and the potential to be hysterical. TSPP is the last machine that made me consistently laugh while playing. And after Heist, I trust that Gerry and Team will deliver an amazing package - not even considering the added impact of Bowen and Collin. Anxious to see the reveal and place my order.

#436 2 years ago

I abso-freaking-lutely LOVE Weird Al. I head this news and am salivating. The hard thing for me is the cost. Based on what I can see (please correct me if I am wrong) P3's are near Stern LEs. With those now over $11k I just don't have that much cash to put on a pin, even if I love the theme 100%, as I do Weird Al. I have seen him in concert 7 times, including twice in one day, and have met him and have an autograph....

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

The theme was initially surprisingly and disappointing but I’m warming up to the potential. I had zero interest in the theme of many of my favorite machines like JM, JD, IMDN… but it ultimately boils down to playfield design, rules and theme integration for me. While I generally like darker or sci-fi themes, Weird Al has a huge catalog of material and the potential to be hysterical. TSPP is the last machine that made me consistently laugh while playing. And after Heist, I trust that Gerry and Team will deliver an amazing package - not even considering the added impact of Bowen and Collin. Anxious to see the reveal and place my order.

I'm guessing it could be like TZ, RBION, EHOH, etc. in terms of eclectic content and modes. Which could be fun if done right. I'm open minded about anything on this platform, because I believe in what they've done already and what Gerry has expressed he hopes to do going forward (generally speaking).

That said, I'm not sure how much this theme is going to move the needle for most people. I mean, the theme was announced yesterday and the thread isn't even on fire, or constantly staying on the first page. I hate to say it, but if this really was a dream theme for a lot of people, there would be a lot more chatter going on here.

Hopefully this game does "enough" for Multimorphic, and maybe thousands of orders overnight would be overwhelming and a bad thing. I just think we're seeing how interested people are in Weird Al without any additional context. Game could be great. Game may be a HUGE success for the P3. Doesn't change that it hasn't generated any buzz. I hope that changes as the game is revealed.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm guessing it could be like TZ, RBION, EHOH, etc. in terms of eclectic content and modes. Which could be fun if done right. I'm open minded about anything on this platform, because I believe in what they've done already and what Gerry has expressed he hopes to do going forward (generally speaking).
That said, I'm not sure how much this theme is going to move the needle for most people. I mean, the theme was announced yesterday and the thread isn't even on fire, or constantly staying on the first page. I hate to say it, but if this really was a dream theme for a lot of people, there would be a lot more chatter going on here.
Hopefully this game does "enough" for Multimorphic, and maybe thousands of orders overnight would be overwhelming and a bad thing. I just think we're seeing how interested people are in Weird Al without any additional context. Game could be great. Game may be a HUGE success for the P3. Doesn't change that it hasn't generated any buzz. I hope that changes as the game is revealed.

Well we can't order it until there is a way to order it on their website. Some of us are pretty excited about this.

On that note, what sorts of music do you think will be on here. I personally am hoping for some food based modes.

I think that Weird Al's eclectic mix of styles could be fantastic depending on how licensing works on songs.

Weird Al could be the first Rap Pin with "White and Nerdy" and "Amish Paradis", the first Country Music pin with "Don't play that song", the first 80s pop music pin with "Like a Surgeon" or even the first polka themed pin. There are so many ways this could go.

I am really excited to see what sorts of mechs get put into this. I am hoping for an interactive dancing Weird Al, and look forward to seeing what is in store for us.

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well we can't order it until there is a way to order it on their website. Some of us are pretty excited about this.
On that note, what sorts of music do you think will be on here. I personally am hoping for some food based modes.
I think that Weird Al's eclectic mix of styles could be fantastic depending on how licensing works on songs.
Weird Al could be the first Rap Pin with "White and Nerdy" and "Amish Paradis", the first Country Music pin with "Don't play that song", the first 80s pop music pin with "Like a Surgeon" or even the first polka themed pin. There are so many ways this could go.
I am really excited to see what sorts of mechs get put into this. I am hoping for an interactive dancing Weird Al, and look forward to seeing what is in store for us.

That's not necessarily true, P3 has two distros you could talk to. I think cointaker is one

#440 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

That's not necessarily true, P3 has two distros you could talk to. I think cointaker is one

Yep, looks like you can put down a deposit for WAMNH on Cointaker's site. They say "shipping Spring 2022" and that the current Heist price is $11,300, so they expect it to be the same or slightly more.

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Quoted from BradLinden:

Yep, looks like you can put down a deposit for WAMNH on Cointaker's site. They say "shipping Spring 2022" and that the current Heist price is $11,300, so they expect it to be the same or slightly more.

I just sent an inquiry about putting down a deposit. Really looking forward to this one.

#442 2 years ago

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:Yep, looks like you can put down a deposit for WAMNH on Cointaker's site. They say "shipping Spring 2022" and that the current Heist price is $11,300, so they expect it to be the same or slightly more.

Interestingly enough, while it was on their website for a bit it has already been removed.

#444 2 years ago
#445 2 years ago

Well... wow... so far the response has been amazing. Thank you to everybody for your enthusiasm for what we're doing and for this game. If you love the theme as much as we do, you're in for a treat! And yes, it's a dream theme for a few people on our team, and judging from emails we've gotten, a bunch of you too.

Quick note about ordering... the reveal yesterday was just a theme reveal for us and our partners to gauge interest. The full game reveal will happen soon. Orders will open after that. Everybody who wants this game will get an equal chance when orders open. If you want, send us or your favorite distributor a message saying you're interested, and you'll likely get on a contact list. We're working on final distributor allocations and will make sure there's a fair availability across parties. Until then, just hang on a bit longer. Nobody should be taking deposits yet. Soon!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#446 2 years ago

Just keeping my fingers crossed you'll have a couple at TPF! Or have another little open house for us locals gstellenberg

A few years ago I was in LA seeing one my favorite bands, Sparks, when Weird Al jumped out on stage playing an accordion during an encore song. The theatre went absolutely ape!

#447 2 years ago

There was a clip of a gameshow where a woman was asked a question; the buzzer went off and they said the answer was Weird AL. She said "I was going to say Weird Al!" Then they said "Oh really, name a song of his." She said "Uhh..." and then DROPPED OFF the screen via a trap door. I can't find the exact clip but here's the show:

I would love it if this made it into the game. Seems perfect!

#448 2 years ago

I've been watching Weird Al videos non-stop since this was announced. If the pin has 1/10 the creativity of his work, it's going to be awesome.

#449 2 years ago

But Weird Al is a FORMER pinball guy," I used to be a pinball freak... that's where you'd find me every week... but now it's Pac-Man".

#450 2 years ago

I'm also starting to see the potential in this theme and how it could compare to past themes like TSPP and Party Zone. Could be a nice dose of pure lighthearted fun. Eagerly awaiting the gameplay reveal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,500 (OBO)
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 2,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/9?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.