(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 55.
#351 2 years ago

Re: our reaction video. It was very very genuine. Becca and I are big fans of Weird Al, and I was not kidding when i said that I just got my dream theme. I've talked about wanting weird al on stream time and time again. I'm stoked, I can't wait for yall to see and later play this amazing title

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Re: our reaction video. It was very very genuine. Becca and I are big fans of Weird Al, and I was not kidding when i said that I just got my dream theme. I've talked about wanting weird al on stream time and time again. I'm stoked, I can't wait for yall to see and later play this amazing title

Maybe Zelda will be next??

#353 2 years ago

Ok, ok gstellenberg .....when can I order?!?

WA (resized).jpgWA (resized).jpg
#354 2 years ago

WOW! I can't believe it. That's amazing news. I have high hopes that this will make a great theme. Congrats P3 team!

#355 2 years ago

One of the few iconic comedy musicians. Weird Al is a legend. I spoke to him during a call in radio show once in the early 80s. Great choice for a theme and I can't wait to play it.

#356 2 years ago

So with the Weird Al bio pic staring Daniel Radcliffe in production... is this the closest pinball will get to a Harry Potter theme?

#357 2 years ago

*slow clap*

Congrats, Gerry - P3 is now on my radar.

Excellent theme, it speaks to nostalgia + he’s still current, it’s comedy, it’s music…adults like Al & it’s family friendly.

Weird Al sells more P3 in an hour than they have in 10 years.

#358 2 years ago

Will the abbreviation be WAP? Weird Al Pinball…not the Cardi B song

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm a fan of WALY

#360 2 years ago

I think the theme is totally fine. It’s just not a “dream theme” per Gerry. I think it could be a lot of fun, but not sure it’s going to move units.

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think the theme is totally fine. It’s just not a “dream theme” per Gerry. I think it could be a lot of fun, but not sure it’s going to move units.

You don’t understand how RABID Weird Al fans are. This is Rush all over again. The people who don’t get Rush don’t get Rush fans….and as I predicted, Rush is selling great to Rush fans. Weird Al will sell to Weird Al fans. This will be a first pin for many of them.

#362 2 years ago

Why P3! I want Weird Al, but I want real pinball.... I am between a rock and a hard place here.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Wouldn't it be WAMNH ?

Quoted from mr9865:

Why P3! I want Weird Al, but I want real pinball.... I am between a rock and a hard place here.

What about a P3 isn't "real" pinball? So the PF is a video screen instead of wood, it's still a pinball machine, played in the same way any other pinball machine is.

#364 2 years ago

Weird Al is a good theme for the people who want humorous themes. Not many of those lately… Rick and Morty, Elvira HOH, CC remake is about it the past few years. Maybe Deadpool

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*slow clap*
Congrats, Gerry - P3 is now on my radar.
Excellent theme, it speaks to nostalgia + he’s still current, it’s comedy, it’s music…adults like Al & it’s family friendly.
Weird Al sells more P3 in an hour than they have in 10 years.

No you idiot! As an adult, whens the last time you listened to Weird Al!? Adults don't still listen to Weird Al! This should be He-man or Transformers or GI Joe!! Lady Gaga should be a pinball machine, not Weird Al!

In all seriousness, I am contemplating a P3 now...wow.

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wouldn't it be WAMNH ?

What about a P3 isn't "real" pinball? So the PF is a video screen instead of wood, it's still a pinball machine, played in the same way any other pinball machine is.

Its just not the same.... Plus no "pro" model so its going to be tough to find a place to play this. Now I know how Spinal Tap fans feel.

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Its just not the same.... Plus no "pro" model so its going to be tough to find a place to play this. Now I know how Spinal Tap fans feel.

So you just don't like the P3 system, and think the price barrier to entry is too high. Those are perfectly valid reasons. It was only the not "real pinball" that seemed off. I hope you get to try one somewhere eventually.

#368 2 years ago

I hope this is at TPF so I can get some plays on it and see if a P3 is in my future.

#369 2 years ago

I saw Weird al live once. I was the only one in the audience > 22 years old.

It was awesome.

uhf4 (resized).jpeguhf4 (resized).jpeg
#370 2 years ago

I hope it parodies a few real pin games too. Could be fun Easter eggs

Now I’m trying to think of food puns of famous titles. Attack from Menu. Who ate’it. Cirqus Velveeta.

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I hope it parodies a few real pin games too. Could be fun Easter eggs
Now I’m trying to think of food puns of famous titles. Attack from Menu. Who ate’it. Cirqus Velveeta.

Come and have a spin around MYYYYY POP BUMPERS

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So you just don't like the P3 system, and think the price barrier to entry is too high. Those are perfectly valid reasons. It was only the not "real pinball" that seemed off. I hope you get to try one somewhere eventually.

Yeah, the "real pinball" does not compute...... It is real.... Just wait until fans without a p3 see/play the game....
People that say this stuff need to go play one. Heist has a faster loop shot than any richie game and those people seem to love that....

#373 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Weird Al will sell to Weird Al fans. This will be a first pin for many of them.

So you think people will by a P3 Multimorphic platform for Weird Al? That’s a big investment just for Weird Al. The difference between Weird Al and Rush is Rush is a Stern and there is a secondary market for those pins, so there really isn’t much of an investment. Not sure that’s the case for Weird Al.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

So you think people will by a P3 Multimorphic platform for Weird Al? That’s a big investment just for Weird Al. The difference between Weird Al and Rush is Rush is a Stern and there is a secondary market for those pins, so there really isn’t much of an investment. Not sure that’s the case for Weird Al.

It’s the same price as other new pins in the market. A game purchase is a game purchase. P3 needs a game that people see as a GAME, not a platform. This could be it. Let’s see the execution.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s the same price as other new pins in the market. A game purchase is a game purchase. P3 needs a game that people see as a GAME, not a platform. This could be it. Let’s see the execution.

And I agree on this. I have spoken to a number of people over the past few years that have wanted to buy a P3, but haven't seen a game/module that pushes them to do so. This will definitely get some of those on the fence as well as others who hadn't considered it at all. I am excited to see what they've done.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

But you'd get weird al, plus low cost games from the other modules and any new games and modules. So the investment was made to now buy games for much cheaper than any other "new" game. And you don't have to make room for a new game.

Prices range free to $2750 at the moment. That is 3 modules for the price of 1 stern...... so 6+ games vs 1 stern?

#377 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Prices range free to $2750 at the moment. That is 3 modules for the price of 1 stern...... so 6+ games vs 1 stern?

I understand the math but most people don’t hold their pins forever. At least to date, I get the sense that the P3 platform does not generate a lot of interest in the secondary market whereas Stern pins obviously do. That’s the only point I was trying to make. With that being said, I’m pulling for everyone in the pinball world including P3.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Timing couldn't be worse for me as I'm dumping all my spare money into a new business.

That sounds like a Lame excuse not to buy it.

#379 2 years ago

Weird Al is f$^*ing hilarious

He is a legend. I think it was a great choice, I hope Gary is prepared to build

By the way Northvibe, you are right on...

#380 2 years ago

I'm so happy for Gerry's team!
Not surprised br the negative nancies... Every release has them.
I guess it's a sign of the success.

Personally I was all in months ago. The right level of funny and the right level of theme integration. Looking forward to the game play reveal in the coming days.

#381 2 years ago

Any idea what pricing will be on this?

#382 2 years ago

I really hope there is some UHF footage in the game. Wheel of fish!

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

pricing will be on this?

Guessing current model plus license fee plus inflation adder.
I'm guessing a module would be south of 4k-5k. But what do I know?
We know it'll be at tpf... So game reveal soon via a vbloger

solarvalue change the title of this thread - Stat.

#384 2 years ago

I remember that guy had a couple of parody songs on the radio here thirty years or more ago, but i couldn't name one.

Must be a United States thing.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I saw Weird al live once. I was the only one in the audience > 22 years old.
It was awesome.[quoted image]

I saw him twice and both times it was packed. Really fun shows!

#386 2 years ago

This times well for the upcoming Weird Al biopic staring Daniel Radcliffe

5C161F40-0232-413F-8509-42CAC11759B1 (resized).jpeg5C161F40-0232-413F-8509-42CAC11759B1 (resized).jpeg
#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I understand the math but most people don’t hold their pins forever. At least to date, I get the sense that the P3 platform does generate a lot of interest in the secondary market whereas Stern pins obviously do. That’s the only point I was trying to make. With that being said, I’m pulling for everyone in the pinball world including P3.

Yeah, that is true, and that has been one of the points for MM/Gerry on keeping your game because there will always be new and old stuff you can buy to experience new things. In the market today, look how long you wait for a stern pro, where you could keep your cab and just order a module that ships in the mail not a skid. I was not a believer until I played one. And with the market, and a family, lack of room etc. the P3 is the most sense making game on the market. But now when you wanna try a new game you literally go to the launch menu and pick a new game. Don't have to sell and buy/move a new game

#388 2 years ago

I will wait until I see game play but at 4 to 5 grand it would have to be amazing,also I have never seen a p3 module for sale,like if I wanted to sell my ccr could do that? I understand they only work in a specific game.

I don’t want to sell my ccr! But could I,

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I really hope there is some UHF footage in the game. Wheel of fish!

UHF was a blip in Weird Al’s career. This game clearly won’t be based on that one-off movie, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see some Easter Eggs.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will wait until I see game play but at 4 to 5 grand it would have to be amazing,also I have never seen a p3 module for sale,like if I wanted to sell my ccr could do that? I understand they only work in a specific game.

Yes, individual modules occasionally come up for sale on the second-hand market. They are scooped up pretty quickly.

#391 2 years ago
Lq9.gifLq9.gif
#392 2 years ago

I was sad when I discovered the license was not available, but I'm super excited for everyone at Multimorphic. I've seen Weird Al in concert three times. I wen't with my parents when I was growing up. I took my wife when we were dating, no point in hiding how geeky I was. Finally, just a few years ago, I had the opportunity to take my daughters. I'm excited to see how the licensing works for parody songs and can't wait to try it out.

#393 2 years ago

So will Weird Al or Fathom remake hit customers hands first?

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

So will Weird Al or Fathom remake hit customers hands first?

My money is on Weird Al

#395 2 years ago

This should be interesting. Is this a music pin or is it something completely different just with his likeness. I love his parodies but this one could go either way. If this is just some new adventure with his likeness I do not think people will be as interested. Good Luck. Congratulations!

#396 2 years ago

I'm warming up to the theme a little, but I'm still curious if songs can be changed on P3 games. Like can I change Amish paradise back to gangster paradise for example. Just like pinball browser

#397 2 years ago
B3A37B30-F3FA-4C0D-9A91-8049A33AACF2.gifB3A37B30-F3FA-4C0D-9A91-8049A33AACF2.gif
#398 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

This should be interesting. Is this a music pin or is it something completely different just with his likeness. I love his parodies but this one could go either way. If this is just some new adventure with his likeness I do not think people will be as interested. Good Luck. Congratulations!

Clearly it’s using a museum as its main motif/location. Just like Elvira’s House of Horrors & Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle.

Al is the host/owner/currator. The museum will be where you “play”.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Big Weird Al fan here. 13 concerts including tickets to upcoming tour, know all the words to a ton of songs, watched UHF who knows how many times, and have spent a couple hours playing this title. MM knocked it out of the park for a fan like myself. I think if you enjoy Weird Al you will be very happy, and if you are neutral or even dislike weird al, I think the layout/mechs/code will still make it an amazing game to play regardless of theme. It's all subjective of course, but I really hope I'm gauging it right, and others will love it as much as I have so far.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I think there is a mechanism to transfer game modules to new people. I'm sure there is a limit to the frequency of transfers; but questions like this are best sent to Multimorphic's support.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm warming up to the theme a little, but I'm still curious if songs can be changed on P3 games. Like can I change Amish paradise back to gangster paradise for example. Just like pinball browser

No. A pinball browser like tool does not exists. At the moment; there is no way to swap songs.
I don't see a tool like this being created until there is WAY more P3s in the market.

Multimorphic won't be creating a tool like this... because you know they can't provide software to modify a licensed title... that's not the way licensing works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,499 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/8?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.