(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 55.
#301 2 years ago

Next clue?

#302 2 years ago

Does the rock have a star of Fame?
I guess he does. Humm
Let's see that the next clue is.
Are any of his works ok. Legend grail theme status? Jumanji, but I'd argue that the Robin Williams version was much better that his.

#304 2 years ago

No, it doesn't hurt much any more. But thanks for asking.

#305 2 years ago

Uncharted? Would be a huge IP but outside of playstation isn't that big yet. Would line up with the new movie release too.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Uncharted? Would be a huge IP but outside of playstation isn't that big yet. Would line up with the new movie release too.

The one of the guys on the podcast referenced on the multimorphic FB-did use the term “Sullied” about halfway through

But what mini modes would be in Uncharted

#307 2 years ago

If this game is uncharted it would be a huge fail. The talk around this makes it seem like a true dream theme. Uncharted wouldn’t even be close. Might as well do crash bandicoot after that.

EDIT - now if it's legend of zelda, than I would understand that ridiculous reaction video. In fact, the reveal hype is now at a Jerry all time high considering I'm even thinking about it and P3. I thought Heist look cool so if this reveal is really good (and I mean very very good), I would consider jumping into the platform.

#308 2 years ago

I’ve heard rumors that the game will be revealed today. Maybe just the title reveal?? I’m excited for the new game. Played a P3 at expo and really enjoyed it

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve heard rumors that the game will be revealed today. Maybe just the title reveal?? I’m excited for the new game. Played a P3 at expo and really enjoyed it

Who did you hear this from?

#310 2 years ago

It's amazing how much licenses sell games, and even just the talk that a license exists can create excitement.

Good luck, Multimorphic, with the release.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Who did you hear this from?

I heard from a couple P3 owners that are excited about a potential reveal. Hope we see the game at TPF

#312 2 years ago

Kaneda said the reveal is at 10am EST today. So 5 minutes....?

#313 2 years ago

Can't say it's a dream theme for me ...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#314 2 years ago

Weird Al??? Hell yeah! Nicely done P3 Multimorphic!

#315 2 years ago

Dang. wait until you play this thing....holy smokes is it a monster!

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

licenses sell games

So now we see how much this license can move.

#317 2 years ago

This better be in the game

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Dang. wait until you play this thing....holy smokes is it a monster!

Have you played it?

#319 2 years ago

Nice. People want Weird Al based on the Spooky thread.

#320 2 years ago

Very good call. There is likely a high correlation between pinball players and weird Al fans...myself included.

I am in and hope it shoots well.

#321 2 years ago

Can't wait!!!

#322 2 years ago

I have thought a lot about a UHF Weird Al game, and a museum is fun too

Also I guess this means we’re getting Scott Danesi remixes of Weird Al songs of other artists songs?

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Have you played it?

Yayer. We talk about it in our last Flippin and Mashing podcast, episode 83

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Very good call. There is likely a high correlation between pinball players and weird Al fans...myself included.
I am in and hope it shoots well.

...I cannot wait for a stream of this game. There are some impressive things going on.

#325 2 years ago

Finally a theme that makes me want to get a P3

#326 2 years ago

It plays SO GOOD yall

#328 2 years ago

Holy %$#@!

Well done, Gerry. Taking a wait and see until it's released but a P3 may be in my future.

#329 2 years ago

Weird Al pinball would have been great... 30 years ago.

#330 2 years ago

Your butt is wide, well so is mine!

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Finally a theme that makes me want to get a P3

same.. I never wanted any of the titles. This is a game changer, I've been wanting a weird al pinball forever

#332 2 years ago

Weird Al!

Holy crap!

I am seriously looking into a P3 now.

This is the killer app as far as I am concerned.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Holy %$#@!
Well done, Gerry. Taking a wait and see until it's released but a P3 may be in my future.

+1, i want to see gameplay.

#334 2 years ago

Sorry to be the debbie downer but this was a complete let down. Weird AL a dream theme? GTFO.

Not saying I don't want to see it in action and I wish the best for Jerry and the platform as I love his passion but to hype Weird Al as a dream theme was complete BS. And that reaction video - oh, this hobby some times.

EDIT - top 10 dream themes always do include Weird Al. I must have forgotten!!

Total letdown although happy for the minority that really see these as a dream theme. It will move units but that’s not saying much. I was just hoping for a legit dream theme. Search pinside and you’ll find the lists. You know - Harry Potter, Top Gun, Goonies, about 50 more to name. Maybe Jerky Boys will be the follow-up to this from Stern. Haha

#335 2 years ago

Hmmm not a fan of the theme, can’t wait to see the playfield tho!

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Whomp Whomp.
Sorry but this is a complete let down. Weird AL a dream theme? GTFO.
Not saying I don't want to see it in action and I wish the best for Jerry and the platform as I love his passion but to hype Weird Al as a dream theme was complete BS. And that reaction video - oh, this hobby some times.

Not for you, but Weird Al is a dream theme for some. I'm doing my research and will likely moving one of my pins to make this happen.

Better theme (for me) than Godzilla by far.

#337 2 years ago

I am actually laughing. It's a great choice, ideally suited to pinball, and the way to do it is not as a straightforward music pin: you create a three-dimensional world based on his comedy and weird imagery he has in his style parodies like Dare To Be Stupid and Everything You Know Is Wrong. Alberquerque. Skipper Dan. Virus Alert. Hardware Store. All those and more than have their own dedicated diorama and toy areas. And on powering up I'd have the bootup sequence bring up a fake TOS agreenment to look at while 'Mission Statement' plays.

But mainly I'm laughing because I dodged a bullet. I have a game over halfway CAD-developed now which I'd earmarked three potential licenses for to build it up around... and Weird Al was one of them. But it's not the one I ultimately went with and am going to try for. But I can show you Weird Al can make a good mech and toy based pin, because this is the base layout in question and what I'd have done with it.

Great job Gerry, I wish you all the luck and I hope you can do the man justice.
WAY 290321 annotated (resized).jpgWAY 290321 annotated (resized).jpg

#338 2 years ago

UHF or bust

#339 2 years ago

This is an absolute dream theme for those of us who grew up on and still love Weird Al!

#340 2 years ago

This better have the wheel of fish!!!!

#341 2 years ago

It's not a dream theme for me but it is a fantastic theme for a pinball machine. It's fun and quirky theme that doesn't take itself too seriously, should also have humor, variety in music styles, 80's nostalgia, etc. Having Danesi on board will help a lot too. I hope Multimorphic is able to keep up with demand as I can see this being a big seller. I can't wait to see more!

#342 2 years ago

Well we'll well...looks like I kept my nib UHF movie theater standee for 30 years for a good reason!

FB_IMG_1644268107382 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268107382 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268111107 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268111107 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268113888 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268113888 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268116883 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644268116883 (resized).jpg
#343 2 years ago

This is an awesome theme. Pinball themes have by and large gotten super serious, this is a theme that will be goofy fun for everyone. Big question I have is, will parodies be licensed or will it be all original Al/Scott music?

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

This better have the wheel of fish!!!!

Gerry gets to drink from THE FIRE HYDRANT.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

This is an awesome theme. Pinball themes have by and large gotten super serious, this is a theme that will be goofy fun for everyone. Big question I have is, will parodies be licensed or will it be all original Al/Scott music?

I'm guessing the style parodies that imitate certain bands but not specific songs. Those don't need a sublicense.

#346 2 years ago

I would expect those of you hoping for "UHF: The Pinball" are going to be very disappointed. I don't know anything about the game other than the announced name; but it doesn't point to it being UHF and I'm sure that would have been a mountain of extra licensing costs.

Personally, I just hope Al was involved in the creation of the game versus just signed off on the rights to make it.

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I'm guessing the style parodies since those don't need a sublicense.

Just hoping for Dare to be Stupid

#348 2 years ago

I was inches away from pulling the trigger on Heist.... Over the past 40+ years I've probably listened to Weird Al more than any other musician and never even contemplated that he would be used as a pinball theme... It's a dream theme I never knew I wanted!

Timing couldn't be worse for me as I'm dumping all my spare money into a new business... ARGH....

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

the song is in the promo, I would think so!

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

That one's in the announcement trailer. There was NO WAY Dare To Be Stupid was going to be left out, nor Everything You Know Is Wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,999 (OBO)
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
8,499 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/7?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.