(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 55.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They brought it on themselves. And yes i do own a GnR.

But truth should stay on point!
Oh and congratulations on the GnR

#152 2 years ago

I like the Hobbit much better. GnR too complicated for me.

#153 2 years ago

I be interested to get Danesi take on the platform used. Will we see a game layout from him in time?

Have been lucky enough to play on one and have BJ explain the rules and games. Did not get to many games in. But enjoyed a lot.

Watching heist gameplay during lock down. Seeing Danesi doing sound has got me interested. Sound makes the game for me, Tron, tna, Rick n Morty, black knight 2000.

Looking forward to seeing next real release.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I like the Hobbit much better. GnR too complicated for me.

I haven’t played GnR but I absolutely adore Hobbit. I’ll have to get one back some day

POTC ain’t too shabby either …

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Played early units at TPF way back when they were new.Didn’t think it felt like pinball as much as I would’ve liked, but Heist does feel good and would like one.JJP was very innovative and still adds new and cool stuff to their lineup.

innovative how? because they add a video display? Nothing innovative about that. P3 has way more innovative tech than just being able to track the balls speed and direction, interact with a motion graphic playfield. the hidden scoops and walls, the mechs and how they work, are all revolutionary and new ideas. out of the box thinking. Like P2k was. JJP doesn't have anything "new" to bring to pinball except higher NIB prices than we have ever seen.

#156 2 years ago

At the time when JJP jumped into the game subways were a thing of the B/W past.Better light and sound in pinball Recently the first with Bluetooth WiFi and Scorbit.There’s other things they’ve added but right now because of the fucking playfield issues we need to forget any good and just bash the shit out of these fuckers!

#157 2 years ago

Let's not contaminate this thread with JJP fanboi-ism. Take it to another thread.
Or else I'll be forced to discuss the craptastic customer service and Clear Coat problems and we don't need yet another thread about how terrible JJP is.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Let's not contaminate this thread with JJP fanboi-ism. Take it to another thread.
Or else I'll be forced to discuss the craptastic customer service and Clear Coat problems and we don't need yet another thread about how terrible JJP is.

Amen brother

Yes there is enough shizzle about jjp on pinside let’s keep this just to multimorphic P3 related

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bluetooth WiFi

Multimorphic offered these first... including WiFi 4 player games.

But agree about keeping on topic. Very much looking forward to Multimorphic's new module!

#160 2 years ago

I have been wanting/saving for a P3 since heist came out. I’m halfway there and am excited for the next game release. I wonder if there will be another bundled special price similar to when heist was released.

#161 2 years ago

It was mentioned in another thread, I believe, but the experience of purchasing a new module from Multimorphic is pretty special as well. It can ship using a standard service as it is a much smaller box than a complete machine. This tends to get it to you quickly, and installation is a breeze (four connectors on the current module, all keyed and different sizes), lift, push balls in trough, replace, reconnect, turn on).

I've ordered each module separately over the past few years of ownership, and it's incredible to me that an entirely new game can arrive in a handful of days.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

I have been wanting/saving for a P3 since heist came out. I’m halfway there and am excited for the next game release. I wonder if there will be another bundled special price similar to when heist was released.

You won't be disappointed! I've had mine for about a month now and wish I would have gotten one sooner. The Platfrom has so much to offer. One cabinet, but many options. They just released a game on Monday, and I was playing it the same day, and it's an amazing game!

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

At the time when JJP jumped into the game subways were a thing of the B/W past.Better light and sound in pinball Recently the first with Bluetooth WiFi and Scorbit.There’s other things they’ve added but right now because of the fucking playfield issues we need to forget any good and just bash the shit out of these fuckers!

Better light? are you fucking serious? JJP has the WORST GI's of ANY pinball machine i've seen made. The light distribution is Piss poor at best. horrible horrible GI lighting.

P3 has no innovations that is above and beyond anyone else in pinball.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Better light? are you fucking serious? JJP has the WORST GI's of ANY pinball machine i've seen made. The light distribution is Piss poor at best. horrible horrible GI lighting.

IDK I think Hobbit was pretty well lit, and DI, and POTC for that matter. WOZ, yeah pretty dark.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IDK I think Hobbit was pretty well lit, and DI, and POTC for that matter. WOZ, yeah pretty dark.

play GNR once. You can't see crap. POTC is hard to see as well.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

play GNR once. You can't see crap. POTC is hard to see as well.

Aah have not seen GnR in person. Have to agree to disagree on POTC

#167 2 years ago

Please forgive me a moment of bragging. It's taken literally dozens of man-years to implement the things in this list: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-features

The desire to innovate is what got us started, and we have a lot more coming.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#168 2 years ago

Hard to compare p3 to any regular pinball machine,it that’s innovative,I like a lot of us have been following multimorphic since the very beginning and I finally pulled the trigger and so glad I did!

I can only hope you stay healthy and motivated to continue bringing everything you have in mind for the p3

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Please forgive me a moment of bragging. It's taken literally dozens of man-years to implement the things in this list: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-features
The desire to innovate is what got us started, and we have a lot more coming.
- Gerry

you have every right to brag. That is why P3 is so special. It's a whole new dimension to innovation.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Hard to compare p3 to any regular pinball machine,it that’s innovative,I like a lot of us have been following multimorphic since the very beginning and I finally pulled the trigger and so glad I did!
I can only hope you stay healthy and motivated to continue bringing everything you have in mind for the p3

And don't read pinside too much, it's bad for your health!

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And don't read pinside too much, it's bad for your health!

I agree!

#172 2 years ago

I agree too and one more thing do not disagree with captainneo!!!

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Alright man I got you but look back in thread and see where others were trash talking JJP in this thread before I said a fucking word.

#174 2 years ago

JJP creates his own open doors for bashing.

Trying out the new P3 stuff on friday. Can't wait to see how the new stuff plays.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

JJP creates his own open doors for bashing.
Trying out the new P3 stuff on friday. Can't wait to see how the new stuff plays.

You going to Turbo’s?

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

You going to Turbo’s?

Yes! I'm going to help make Neo an owner!

#177 2 years ago

I was doing the math and that 3 playfield deal seems pretty dang good. Thinking Heist, CCR and then maybe Lexy or the new title? I mean, I could pay off my vehicle or buy a P3 lol

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was doing the math and that 3 playfield deal seems pretty dang good. Thinking Heist, CCR and then maybe Lexy or the new title? I mean, I could pay off my vehicle or buy a P3 lol

Tough to go past the Cosmic Cart Racing module now that Sorcerer's Apprentice has been released. If you have that playfield you can play CCR Online, CCR Career Mode, Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer's Apprentice.

I wonder if MM is going to release another game for the Lexy playfield at some point? Hopefully Nick can get his adventure game Quest for Glory released so that the included value of the Lexy Module is enhanced.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Yes! I'm going to help make Neo an owner!

I've been on the verge of being an owner since it's conception and before Lexy has been released. Was waiting for funds and more games to develop. Wanted for them to work out the bugs and release games that knock my socks off. Heist looks promising, as well as SA/CCR. The Licensed theme could most definitely push me over.

#180 2 years ago

yeah, i'll be waiting on the new release happening hopefully before final invoice, but 3 playfeild deal (4 if the new one's out or Nick's ones out 5) seems like a no brainer. Could've done without CCr, but can't go past SA.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I wonder if MM is going to release another game for the Lexy playfield at some point?

I'd be surprised. It'd more likely come from a 3rd party.

It's theme specific unlike the CCR PF. (toys, art)

Trust me; I'd love to get more bang for my initial investment. I just personally think that Multimorphic is busy building "new stuff" rather than rehashing old stuff. CCR is still fairly new... Canyon Lagoon and Lexy are first gen stuff.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Tough to go past the Cosmic Cart Racing module now that Sorcerer's Apprentice has been released. If you have that playfield you can play CCR Online, CCR Career Mode, Ranger in the Ruins and Sorcerer's Apprentice.
I wonder if MM is going to release another game for the Lexy playfield at some point? Hopefully Nick can get his adventure game Quest for Glory released so that the included value of the Lexy Module is enhanced.

I said before, that I'm possibly the world's foremost Lexy shill, I love that game and unfortunately, most people never gave it a chance. There are a ton of understandable reasons why, but it's resulted in one of the most under-appreciated games. It remains, BY FAR, the most creatively mode-diverse game on the system (and then by definition, possibly in any game). The use of virtual targets, walls/scoops, no-hold flippers, etc. is really pretty genius. (Frankly I'm disappointed that they have gone away from even trying to be this diverse in any future games.)

That said, the more I play SA, the more I like it. I definitely have some wish-list things, but the game is really well done over-all. To combine this with the 2 styles of CCR (Arcade/Career) and Ranger, this playfield is the best bang for your P3 buck, hands down. You could certainly argue that you prefer Heist over all this, but the value prop of this playfield is insane!

Quoted from Zitt:

I'd be surprised. It'd more likely come from a 3rd party.
It's theme specific unlike the CCR PF. (toys, art)
Trust me; I'd love to get more bang for my initial investment. I just personally think that Multimorphic is busy building "new stuff" rather than rehashing old stuff. CCR is still fairly new... Canyon Lagoon and Lexy are first gen stuff.

I would imagine this has a lot to do with how SA does and what their profitability is. There is no license to run out, and they already have the tooling figured out on this playfield. With SA they now have a proof-case for the full-blown software-only model. If it does well, why not make a software-only game for Lexy, and Heist, and every other playfield they come out with? If the model is profitable, why WOULDN'T they replicate it across playfields?

And as for theme, you could take one of two paths: say F- it, if the game is fun, people will pay $500 for the game and not care that the graphics have nothing to do with the new theme (and they ARE pretty secondary - it's not like you'd be trying to play Alien on a WOZ playfield) or pick an element of the playfield and roll with it (effectively retconning the rest of the art).

I can think of a few themes off the top of my head that would work well enough with this playfield:
- A more straight-forward Area 51 game, without the rednecks, etc. It's pretty much already laid out for this, but the vibe could be completely different. This could be pretty cool, actually. Either a generic Men in Black, or take a more serious alien artifact, secret base approach.

- A legit space theme based on the saucer. For having two space-tangent themes, they don't really have a space theme (Lexy is on earth and CCR is constrained in the "tube").

- Hell, you could do a Lexy sequel that starts with her leaving earth and focuses on her adventures around the universe. If you use the art style from the last set of artwork, that would be pretty sweet!

#183 2 years ago

If P3 Got the BTTF license, I think I would lose my mind and could not get my money in fast enough.

Another good license which would work great with P3, would be from the Game portal. So many possibilities with the P3 platform.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If P3 Got the BTTF license, I think I would lose my mind and could not get my money in fast enough.
Another good license which would work great with P3, would be from the Game portal. So many possibilities with the P3 platform.

Portal would be pretty interesting, I know Valve licensed Portal to PinballFX or whatever their company is called. I wonder if that's treated more like a video game license and if that's different than pinball?

#185 2 years ago

Cheeks has a good sense of our business model. Definitely can't compare directly to other pinball MFGs models, where old themes are done and gone. With the P3, every new machine buyer is a potential customer for all P3 game kit, so there are good reasons to continue adding content to older playfields.

Sorcerer's Apprentice has already resulted in a good number of new machine sales, and those buyers have all requested more than one playfield. Our next game releases will drive a lot more new machine sales, and most of those customers will buy multiple playfields too. There's value in us (Multimorphic) developing new content for Lexy, and there's value in 3rd parties doing the same.

I know a bunch of podcasters look at our current growth and conclude it doesn't make sense to create new content for existing playfields. Short answer: they're wrong. Longer answer: They want to create drama and have you listen TODAY (and/or they're just blind to the business model). We're more interested in building a business that continues growing for well into the future. As I've said a bunch recently, every other pinball company *needs* a lot of people to buy every new machine they make. We don't. We'd be happy with a modicum of people buying P3s with every new release and also adding other games from our library. Win-win. It's a totally different business model; it feeds itself. If we come out with a game that drives high-hundreds or thousands of machine sales, even better... for everybody.

And another thing Cheeks has right: Lexy is a great game. Some of the most common emails I get from new customers are variations of, "I didn't realize how great Lexy Lightspeed was. I'm really glad I bought it." Lexy is a game that stands up well against any new game from anybody... and it's a $2500 add-on. The value proposition of CCR is also fantastic (especially with Sorcerer's Apprentice). The value proposition of the P3 is general continues to grow by leaps and bounds.

<Marketing hat off. Back to work.>

- Gerry

#186 2 years ago

add on software for existing kits is completely worth it. If one theme or rules doesn't appeal to you, the other might. So it's a win win and easier to do, since you don't have to make hardware for it. SA is the reason i'm considering the CCR depending on how SA plays, which i'll find out tomorrow.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

add on software for existing kits is completely worth it. If one theme or rules doesn't appeal to you, the other might. So it's a win win and easier to do, since you don't have to make hardware for it. SA is the reason i'm considering the CCR depending on how SA plays, which i'll find out tomorrow.

I've been searching to see if anyone has streamed or uploaded some SA video and haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing how it plays and hearing your opinion.

#188 2 years ago

Regarding Lexi being a one app module, that’s not entirely true. The secret agent showdown minigame is a lot of fun too. Although it’s not a full-fledged multi mode game like the others, it is fun to boot and play a couple rounds while dinner is in the oven

#189 2 years ago

I've been searching to see if anyone has streamed or uploaded some SA video and haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to seeing how it plays and hearing your opinion.

turbografx7 will stream SA, if they havn't already.

#190 2 years ago

I wonder if one of the reasons Cosmic cart racing is getting software re-themes is it’s its unobtrusive playfield artwork. I will be interested to see if future modules go more generic on the wood, maybe with the more game specific art on the plastics.

#191 2 years ago

SA stream is on Monday night! Info below.

Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Regarding Lexi being a one app module, that’s not entirely true. The secret agent showdown minigame is a lot of fun too. Although it’s not a full-fledged multi mode game like the others, it is fun to boot and play a couple rounds while dinner is in the oven

There's also Hoopin' it Up, which is a Lexy playfield exclusive.

SA-Reveal (resized).jpgSA-Reveal (resized).jpg

#192 2 years ago

Forgot about Hooping!

#193 2 years ago

I wonder what Monday 8.30 means in my time? Maybe if someone posts a link after it's shown?

#194 2 years ago

Im looking fwd to hearing some of Scott's muzac in the release .
Lets hope its included in the taster Vid.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I wonder what Monday 8.30 means in my time? Maybe if someone posts a link after it's shown?

I'll have it up on the Buffalo Pinball YouTube channel after the stream, or you can watch the VOD on Twitch immediately after the stream ends.

You can put your time zone in here to convert Eastern to local time: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210826T190000&p1=tz_et

#196 2 years ago

Twitch is what i get in my shoulders if i haven't hit the heavy bag in a couple days. I'll check youtube on tuesday lunchtime my time, thanks again!

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I know a bunch of podcasters look at our current growth and conclude it doesn't make sense to create new content for existing playfields.

I'm betraying the fact that I listen to the podcast, but I honestly don't understand why the host of Kaneda's Pinball Podcast is so anti-P3, it has so many features he has been calling for and would actually suit him:

- He's been asking for manufacturer's to put more mechanical elements in their games - all the playfield modules (besides CL) have mechanical or magnetic elements and Heist took mechs to a new level.
- He is constantly talking about wanting a "world under glass" - Heist definitely delivers on that front.
- He has been saying that manufacturers should charge for new modes or whole new software versions - isn't this exactly what Multimorphic is doing with mini-games or new apps like Sorcerer's apprentice?
- He has been saying that Multimorphic needs to produce a game with a license - MM has announced that they are doing just that.
- He lives in an apartment with room for only 1 machine - a perfect environment for a P3.
- He has recently been saying that he has to be more careful with his spending - again the P3 offers more gameplay experiences with a lower cost.

It seems to be that a P3 would be a very good choice for Chris. He has admitted that Heads Up was the most fun he had at Texas Pinball Festival one year but I'm not sure he has played Heist. He seems to be dismissing Sorcerer's Apprentice without even seeing a gameplay video, let alone playing it.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I honestly don't understand why the host of Kaneda's Pinball Podcast is so anti-P3

Not sure that is the case... it just doesn't get the views because Stern and JJP-McFlashey gets all the viewer eyeballs.
I know Gerry has been on K's Podcast at least twice. I couldn't care to watch/listen because it's K.

Regardless; as long as Gerry continues the good fight - I'm hopeful his company will be the leader at some point.
That said; I'm biased as I truly do not like ANY of the other "leaders" of this industry.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I can think of a few themes off the top of my head that would work well enough with this playfield:

I think the Lexy artwork is generic enough to make it work with other themes. There are a few buildings in front of the screen, some explosions around the pop bumpers and the weapons testing area. The multi-ball lock would work for an amusement park theme (ferris wheel), maybe a crime/cops theme (loading bullets into a revolver) as well as the obvious sci-fi themes as a UFO.

A licensed theme for Lexy off the top of my head: How about the TV show "Barry"? The ball lock could be bullets in a gun, the screen could be the stage in the acting class, the weapons testing area could be for the scene where Barry trains Hank's army:

@bingopodcast, get to work!

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

bingopodcast, get to work!

Happy to discuss with others about making a game on the Lexy (or any other) playfield, but I've made a retheme of Lexy already! Personally, I don't worry too much about the existing theme when developing a game, and focus instead upon screen graphics and shot paths available on the module and how they might play into the game I wish to make.

There's certainly something to be said for trying to utilize every aspect of an existing themed module in whatever game you create, but I don't let that get in the way of making a game that I think is fun.

I think I said a bunch to say that I agree with you. Haha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/4?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.