(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 55.
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Getting excited! I am somewhat expecting may "pay up" notice this week or next week. I am 1360. Wife and I are super stoked!!

Go ahead and start stretching your back now... If you don't have Motrin around... might be a good time to stock up.

#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Go ahead and start stretching your back now... If you don't have Motrin around... might be a good time to stock up.

I’m ok. I have an Escalera with the forklift attachment. Woot!

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Just an update for others. My order was 1348, they asked for final payment about 2 weeks ago, saying it would be about 4 weeks. It was only about a week and they sent me shipping notification. I got my game on Thursday and set it up. I am very impressed with the game, loads of fun. Had a few people over Thursday night, and they were also impressed. I know a lot of people said the game was different then a regular game, I think it has the feel of a regular pinball machine plus a lot more. The only thing I am not used to is the 2 buttons for the flippers. I had a 22 years old over, and of course he had no problems with the 2 buttons. I think I read that you can run the right flippers on the right button and the left flippers on the left button, if I can do that, I will be having much better games.

Yup- you can change to have red button control all upper and lower flippers on that side. If you can stick with the separate buttons for another 20-40 games you’ll get used to it though and it actually becomes a cool new challenge/another unique P3 differentiator!

#2104 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yup- you can change to have red button control all upper and lower flippers on that side. If you can stick with the separate buttons for another 20-40 games you’ll get used to it though and it actually becomes a cool new challenge/another unique P3 differentiator!

I changed mine to just one button so it flips upper and lower. Much better for my family. I’m glad they gave options like that

#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:I changed mine to just one button so it flips upper and lower. Much better for my family. I’m glad they gave options like that

How did you change? Couldn’t find anything in the settings menus.

#2106 1 year ago

All of you who can’t handle four flipper buttons have clearly never owned a Gottlieb Haunted House.

#2107 1 year ago

Question: Are the default strength settings for flippers, etc, recorded anywhere? I’m playing with the pitch of the machine to get the defaults to work better.

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

How did you change? Couldn’t find anything in the settings menus.

In Wamoh- settings - mechs - switches- use red buttons yes
(You’ll still need white button on left for upper playfield I believe)

#2109 1 year ago

Don't forget the white buttons still alternate the snacks between the inlanes.

#2110 1 year ago

Any advice on how to keep the cross wire form from coming loose? I feel like every 5-10 games I have to go in and tighten it back down.

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Any advice on how to keep the cross wire form from coming loose? I feel like every 5-10 games I have to go in and tighten it back down.

I used blue painters tape around the two prongs that stick into the left ramp. I was having issues with it moving and dumping the ball on the middle of the playfield, and that tape has held it in snug with no issues with it shifting or the thumb screw on the right getting loose

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Care to share a photo of the right rail where the wireform connects? I'm curious if you could move it up a bit so it wouldn't come out of the upper playfield. That seems unusual

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Care to share a photo of the right rail where the wireform connects? I'm curious if you could move it up a bit so it wouldn't come out of the upper playfield. That seems unusual

A60828F1-6194-4495-B936-1CBAF1B3EB3A (resized).jpegA60828F1-6194-4495-B936-1CBAF1B3EB3A (resized).jpegBD409F25-3A2C-4355-83CC-03C9F59EA0F3 (resized).jpegBD409F25-3A2C-4355-83CC-03C9F59EA0F3 (resized).jpeg
#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks pretty snug. So it’s the retaining screw that’s coming loose? I’d maybe do a tiny drop of blue loctite

#2115 1 year ago
Quoted from Frito539:

Use plumbers tape on the threads.

#2117 1 year ago

Thanks for the help! I’ll try both and report back.

#2118 1 year ago

mine comes loose too. lock washer is a good idea.

#2119 1 year ago

Is this game a bitch to dial in?

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

?!? no
Mine works fine; straight out of the box. no issues (other than I can't play for shit).

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine was perfect out out the box. I haven't made any adjustments (hardware or software), and I'm a couple hundred games in.

I also have not experienced the loosing return issue.

- Mark

#2122 1 year ago

I did all three recommendations just to be sure. Painters tape on the prongs, Teflon tape on the thread, and a lock washer. Looks pretty solid after 10 games or so now. Thanks for the help!

#2123 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not really if you have bought any game new before

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

ah ah, iceman buys them so new the design is not even started.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I’ve purchased many new games.

I only comment because it seems like the thread is about making a lot of adjustments and I have the opportunity to take a spot

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve purchased many new games.
I only comment because it seems like the thread is about making a lot of adjustments and I have the opportunity to take a spot

I made a few posts about the tweaks that I had to do. They were not intended as complaints or to scare anyone off...more hoping to help others who may have similar issues, especially since the entire machine is very different than other pins. For me it was almost like starting back over in the hobby, but that's not a bad thing. It has been exciting learning the ins and outs, and the engineering is very impressive.

Overall, yes I had to spend some time tweaking, but really no more so than I do to most of my machines. I am probably pickier than average about how shots flow, feeds, etc. It drives me nuts if something is just OK when I know it can be better. Many of my tweaks were not completely necessary, but rather just smoothing things out a bit. Other than my incorrectly installed and bent spiral ramp, most people would have probably left the rest alone.

Bottom line, for someone with your pinball experience, I wouldn't worry about it at all. I'm not sure it is a machine I would recommend for a first time pin owner, but I am not set in stone on that either. I wouldn't let anything that I have seen scare you away from it. It is well worth any tweaking it may need, and from the many other comments, it may not need any at all.

#2127 1 year ago

Hey all, received my cabinet today and although I believed everyone, I was truly unprepared for the weight of this thing! This may become a permanent conveyance with my home— getting it back up the stairs seems impossible without a crane!

I had a couple of observations from my first few games if anyone has some tips:

- The ball launch mechanism (solenoid?) will fire for over a minute before a ball finally makes it out. Once it gets the first ball going it doesn’t seem to have any further issues until I power the machine off/on. Maybe I can increase the power on it?

- How does the firehose game mechanic work? I was locked to only being able to use the upper left flipper, but the ball was still launching down the right side. The ball kept draining over and over until time ran out.

#2128 1 year ago

The behavior you describe sounds as though the left launcher came out of alignment. There is a support document on the Multimorphic site about adjusting launchers. Briefly, there are two nuts on the back of the module, accessible in service position 1 (or with the module out of the machine of course).

Turn the P3 off, tighten the one in the left a half turn or so, turn the P3 on (after putting the playfield back to normal position) and open the Diagnostics app on your p3 launcher. Select Under Playfield and you'll see a representation of your trough.

Highlight the left launcher and try firing a test launch or two. In this section you can also increase the strength of the pulse for the launcher, but increasing it too much will cause bouncebacks. It's better to adjust the physical distance of the launcher to the backboard.

Repeat the above steps as needed. Weird Al has two positions from which the ball can launch. Both need to work for the game to work fully. You were seeing launch compensation occur since it deemed the left side wouldn't launch. At least, that's my interpretation.

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from NDrive:

Hey all, received my cabinet today and although I believed everyone, I was truly unprepared for the weight of this thing! This may become a permanent conveyance with my home— getting it back up the stairs seems impossible without a crane!
I had a couple of observations from my first few games if anyone has some tips:
- The ball launch mechanism (solenoid?) will fire for over a minute before a ball finally makes it out. Once it gets the first ball going it doesn’t seem to have any further issues until I power the machine off/on. Maybe I can increase the power on it?
- How does the firehose game mechanic work? I was locked to only being able to use the upper left flipper, but the ball was still launching down the right side. The ball kept draining over and over until time ran out.

Sounds like Nick has you well covered on the fix. As for Firehose, it is supposed to fire balls repeatedly down the left side, feeding the upper left flipper which is the only one active. If you make three spiral ramp shots, you get to continue your game. Even after hitting three, it will continue so you can continue to rack up more points and there is a leader board for the most firehose drinks. Other games have used this "last chance mini-mode" mechanic, but this one is by far my favorite of those I have played. Al making fun of you and egging you on as you go puts it over the top.

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I knew you bought new games before (I was making more of a generic statement to anyone else that might be new to NIB purchasing). My game needed a few tweaks but nothing crazy that took more than a min to complete. I expect things like this to happen with all games shipped so no big deal for me. Considering how complex this game is, I think it's a good track record. Plus by far they have the best online help and tech support.

I would need an hour typing about my Stern and JJP tweak stories with some of the games that I got, so in comparison, the P3 wins for least issues. Don't let any of this thread change your mind about getting one.

Also .... Shoot 'N Scoot is crazy fun

#2131 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sounds like Nick has you well covered on the fix. As for Firehose, it is supposed to fire balls repeatedly down the left side, feeding the upper left flipper which is the only one active. If you make three spiral ramp shots, you get to continue your game. Even after hitting three, it will continue so you can continue to rack up more points and there is a leader board for the most firehose drinks. Other games have used this "last chance mini-mode" mechanic, but this one is by far my favorite of those I have played. Al making fun of you and egging you on as you go puts it over the top.

What’s the qualifier to get firehose mode? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it

#2132 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I knew you bought new games before (I was making more of a generic statement to anyone else that might be new to NIB purchasing). My game needed a few tweaks but nothing crazy that took more than a min to complete. I expect things like this to happen with all games shipped so no big deal for me. Considering how complex this game is, I think it's a good track record. Plus by far they have the best online help and tech support.
I would need an hour typing about my Stern and JJP tweak stories with some of the games that I got, so in comparison, the P3 wins for least issues. Don't let any of this thread change your mind about getting one.
Also .... Shoot 'N Scoot is crazy fun

Thx for the input and Jediturtle also!

Sounds like it’s a really fun pin and totally different experience.

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

The behavior you describe sounds as though the left launcher came out of alignment. There is a support document on the Multimorphic site about adjusting launchers. Briefly, there are two nuts on the back of the module, accessible in service position 1 (or with the module out of the machine of course).
Turn the P3 off, tighten the one in the left a half turn or so, turn the P3 on (after putting the playfield back to normal position) and open the Diagnostics app on your p3 launcher. Select Under Playfield and you'll see a representation of your trough.
Highlight the left launcher and try firing a test launch or two. In this section you can also increase the strength of the pulse for the launcher, but increasing it too much will cause bouncebacks. It's better to adjust the physical distance of the launcher to the backboard.
Repeat the above steps as needed. Weird Al has two positions from which the ball can launch. Both need to work for the game to work fully. You were seeing launch compensation occur since it deemed the left side wouldn't launch. At least, that's my interpretation.

Thank you! I did the tightening adjustment but that didn't seem to fix the issue. I also adjusted the coil strength, but I think the ball is hitting something (at least that's what it sounds like). I'm going to pull it out into service position 2 like the MM docs suggest and check the gap.

Where is the exit for the left VUK? I'd like to make sure it's clear but since I've never seen it eject I'm having trouble finding it!

Quoted from Jediturtle:

He was definitely making fun of me while I scored a total of zero hits on the staircase!

#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:What’s the qualifier to get firehose mode? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it

Not sure but the description is correct. It’s a bit like the WOZ save where you have to hit all the shots (Toto?). But yeh hit at least 3 out of 10 back to back feeds up ramp and you resurrect! Done twice out of 8-10 times. Not easy but fun little coding.

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What’s the qualifier to get firehose mode? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen it

I’m pretty sure it is three (?) jackpots during UHF multiball.

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from NDrive:

Where is the exit for the left VUK?

Nevermind, I figured it out once I got the playfield out. A friend and I managed to get it into the service position 2 that's required to see the gap between the VUK shroud and the tubes. Sadly, in doing this the cables ripped out of the back of the launch button, breaking the plastic on the button, so I'll need to replace that. I got the switch pulled through the hole where the launch button was, but it doesn't look great right now.

Turns out that the black metal tube surrounding the bolt that adjusts the distance between the back of the module and the VUK tube is too long. The tube was digging into the wood, and so tightening it further just pressed it more into the wood opposite the bolt. I measured it at 7 1/16 inches... I'm guessing this tube should be 7 inches. We removed it and did not have to tighten the bolt very much to get the left VUK working. I'll contact MM support and see what their recommendation is, but we did get a solid couple of hours of play in today. This game is fantastic, but it's been a challenging few hours.

#2137 1 year ago
Quoted from NDrive:

Nevermind, I figured it out once I got the playfield out. A friend and I managed to get it into the service position 2 that's required to see the gap between the VUK shroud and the tubes. Sadly, in doing this the cables ripped out of the back of the launch button, breaking the plastic on the button, so I'll need to replace that. I got the switch pulled through the hole where the launch button was, but it doesn't look great right now.
Turns out that the black metal tube surrounding the bolt that adjusts the distance between the back of the module and the VUK tube is too long. The tube was digging into the wood, and so tightening it further just pressed it more into the wood opposite the bolt. I measured it at 7 1/16 inches... I'm guessing this tube should be 7 inches. We removed it and did not have to tighten the bolt very much to get the left VUK working. I'll contact MM support and see what their recommendation is, but we did get a solid couple of hours of play in today. This game is fantastic, but it's been a challenging few hours.

That stinks. I'm working with Multimorphic on fixing a few things (they are sending parts and are very supportive). I hope in a future update they have the option to launch all game balls from the right VUK or launch from their automatically after a certain number of failed launches.

#2138 1 year ago

Tip o’ the day… would recommend lowering your VUK1 strength to 22/22 and VUK7 to 20/20 from the default 30/30 for both.

D33AFFC7-8037-4B34-9DD5-D0BCF047379B (resized).jpegD33AFFC7-8037-4B34-9DD5-D0BCF047379B (resized).jpeg

I wonder if each playfield module’s VUK strength settings should be custom tweaked after installation? I’m beginning to think it would be a good idea.

VUK1 (left side) at 30 was a little too strong and bobbled around a bit before coming out. 22 is nice and smooth.

VUK 7 (right side) at 30 actually broke our retaining ring causing an amusing traffic jam when the piece slid down the ramp…

71783258-65FC-4F89-8602-2F50ED730241 (resized).jpeg71783258-65FC-4F89-8602-2F50ED730241 (resized).jpeg

Closer up…

3F0A5C49-60F7-47FA-B6F3-24F8D8B7B6E6 (resized).jpeg3F0A5C49-60F7-47FA-B6F3-24F8D8B7B6E6 (resized).jpeg

It was originally here to hold the habitrail closer together. Without it, the balls fly straight up into the glass (!). You can see where the ball landed.

0781B6FF-096E-47ED-874F-5AF570FDD31E (resized).jpeg0781B6FF-096E-47ED-874F-5AF570FDD31E (resized).jpeg

The broken 3D print retaining ring…

6BB16C2C-2EBD-4019-9FCC-66F9B73F4B1F (resized).jpeg6BB16C2C-2EBD-4019-9FCC-66F9B73F4B1F (resized).jpeg

I’m actually having fun ironing out these rough edges here and there, but a newbie might feel a little flustered. Thankfully Multimorphic tech support is always responsive.

#2139 1 year ago

Finally got everything working. Here is a quick rules explanation and ammature gameplay for those waiting on their machine.

#2140 1 year ago

Finally got to you make me. 2halls away from running with scissors. Still need to find drink from the firehouse.

20230212_064213 (resized).jpg20230212_064213 (resized).jpg
#2141 1 year ago

Finally got to you make me. 2halls away from running with scissors. Still need to find drink from the firehouse.
[quoted image]

Are there online high-scores for Weird Al?

I'll probably keep my P3 offline, but if I I could check other folks high scores, I would know exactly how much my scores suck!!

- Mark

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I'll probably keep my P3 offline, but if I I could check other folks high scores, I would know exactly how much my scores suck!!
- Mark

Everyone sets their games up differently, comparing your scores on your games to others on their games is not really relevant. Doing your best in your circumstance is really all that matters.

Online leaderboards for pinball are about as useful as a clogged up toilet. Eventually all you've got is shit.

#2143 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Pindigo is useful for score information. Lots of different ways you can use the info in it.

#2144 1 year ago

Don't forget to rate Weird Al after you have had a chance to put some games on a machine and develop on honest opinion on it. Only 5 more ratings are needed for Al to be eligible for the pinside 100 rankings. With only 3 on location according to pinside maps, it is up to the owners.

#2145 1 year ago

Don't forget to rate Weird Al after you have had a chance to put some games on a machine and develop on honest opinion on it. Only 5 more ratings are needed for Al to be eligible for the pinside 100 rankings. With only 3 on location according to pinside maps, it is up to the owners

That's a good point. I'll be putting in a rating after I've had a bit more time with it. Got my P3/WAM less than a week ago. But what I will say now is that I'm so glad I ordered it. I love it. Both the WAM game and the P3.

#2146 1 year ago

The topper is too tall for my basement. It’s between two floor joists. I can’t push it back as far as my other games in the line or it will hit. I need to come up with something to prevent it from moving too far back when nudging. Maybe something that uses the rear leg bolts or something at floor height.

CDBB130C-083B-4740-BB3A-73009C65CBAF (resized).jpegCDBB130C-083B-4740-BB3A-73009C65CBAF (resized).jpegFCAEC09C-09E6-4938-98AC-6B841B014F69 (resized).jpegFCAEC09C-09E6-4938-98AC-6B841B014F69 (resized).jpeg
#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

The topper is too tall for my basement. It’s between two floor joists. I can’t push it back as far as my other games in the line or it will hit. I need to come up with something to prevent it from moving too far back when nudging. Maybe something that uses the rear leg bolts or something at floor height.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Notch and brace your floor joist.

#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Notch and brace your floor joist.

Thanks, I thought about that. I'd need a builder/carpenter to talk with to feel okay about it. With the concrete wall there, I could get some solid support. I just don't want to wing it. First world problems...

#2149 1 year ago

Great news my WAMONH is on the production line. Can't wait until it arrives - although might take a while to get to Oz..

#2150 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

That's a good point. I'll be putting in a rating after I've had a bit more time with it. Got my P3/WAM less than a week ago. But what I will say now is that I'm so glad I ordered it. I love it. Both the WAM game and the P3.

Agreed.

Something I didn’t count on was how much this would ruin me for other games. I now find myself reaching for an upper flipper button on other machines and being disappointed when nothing happens. Also, the let down when the playfield artwork doesn’t tell me what ball I’m on is real.

Interestingly, I think due to the spiral ramp shot, I suddenly got much better at hitting the side loop on AIQ and side ramp on TMNT as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,999 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.