(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,138 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by NicoVolta
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D33AFFC7-8037-4B34-9DD5-D0BCF047379B (resized).jpeg
6BB16C2C-2EBD-4019-9FCC-66F9B73F4B1F (resized).jpeg
0781B6FF-096E-47ED-874F-5AF570FDD31E (resized).jpeg
3F0A5C49-60F7-47FA-B6F3-24F8D8B7B6E6 (resized).jpeg
71783258-65FC-4F89-8602-2F50ED730241 (resized).jpeg
BD409F25-3A2C-4355-83CC-03C9F59EA0F3 (resized).jpeg
A60828F1-6194-4495-B936-1CBAF1B3EB3A (resized).jpeg
C66E7F37-D4FF-4EF7-A10C-5060E3AEE03C (resized).jpeg
E7828D59-6EA6-461C-98C8-A4E56C106460 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.22.07 PM (resized).png
tv3 (resized).PNG
tv2 (resized).PNG
tv1 (resized).PNG
188B2CE9-B8EC-4315-90D0-1F7737F47161 (resized).jpeg
061E1645-E402-4E07-8AE0-B33A0C09F76C (resized).jpeg
I bought my shares. (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.
#2051 27 days ago
Quoted from IonRay:

For those of us keeping track I just received and paid the balance on # 1344 last night.
Originally an early-mid November estimate. Can't wait!

Thanks for the update!. Think I should be getting my notice in about 4-5 weeks then. I was mid-dec (1360).

#2052 27 days ago

Hope mine is in Feb., I don't have an invoice number since I won it from Project Pinball last March. Original expected date was Dec. and pushed back to Feb..

I'm being as patient as possible since my WAMONH LE only cost me $100. Still can't wait for it to get here!

#2053 27 days ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Hope mine is in Feb., I don't have an invoice number since I won it from Project Pinball last March. Original expected date was Dec. and pushed back to Feb..
I'm being as patient as possible since my WAMONH LE only cost me $100. Still can't wait for it to get here!

Still on track for February! I’m glad you are excited!! I’ll reach out when I get word it’s ready for the line.

#2054 27 days ago
Quoted from wise1919:

Still on track for February! I’m glad you are excited!! I’ll reach out when I get word it’s ready for the line.

Hope mine will be in February too, will be a nice birthday gift , but I’ve waited this long and try to live by “Good things come to those who wait”.

#2055 26 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Won't work if you have an entire arcade which needs to be broken down and taken to TPF.
Also; doesn't work at 1am when you are trying to pack for said show.

My hats off to you! You are a generous person.

I have hosted several Pinsiders, who asked to come over and have a look at my P3.

However, I would never risk damaging my machines by taking them to a show and back.

- Mark

#2056 26 days ago

Has anybody come up with a hamster ramp replacement,what is the problem with the Orginal is it spring steel?

#2057 25 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anybody come up with a hamster ramp replacement,what is the problem with the Orginal is it spring steel?

I wasn't aware of a problem with the ramp. Mine seems to function well. Is it just hard to get the ball up? Or has it broken in some way?

#2058 25 days ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

I wasn't aware of a problem with the ramp. Mine seems to function well. Is it just hard to get the ball up? Or has it broken in some way?

It doesn’t relax all the way down when the ramp is lowered, and can cause a ball trap

#2059 25 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It doesn’t relax all the way down when the ramp is lowered, and can cause a ball trap

yes. I have the same problem. It's a problem with the spring steel. For now, just wait for the ball search to remove it. bending it down, will only solve the problem for a couple of weeks. Only way to solve this for good, is to drill out the rivets, and replace with different spring steel.

#2060 25 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes. I have the same problem. It's a problem with the spring steel. For now, just wait for the ball search to remove it. bending it down, will only solve the problem for a couple of weeks. Only way to solve this for good, is to drill out the rivets, and replace with different spring steel.

Not an easy fix unfortunately. I pitched my back legs up a touch which helped quite a lot - otherwise I just wait for ball search like you said

#2061 25 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This being fixed in newer builds or a continuing problem? Mine is on the truck right now

#2062 25 days ago

Broke my right hand few weeks back so in a cast- thank god for the single handed P3 play! Takes some getting used to but well worth it. Otherwise I’d be playing no pinball for 3-4 months .

Haven’t been able to get to some other pending fixes and adjustments with one hand… but one thing I’d love to figure out is why Wamoh stopped doing ball searches. I have to end game whenever it’s stuck now which is a bummer. My settings on ball eesch say I think l 5 for inactivity, 1 search before auto launch, and YES. Any ideas?

#2063 25 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Broke my right hand few weeks back so in a cast- thank god for the single handed P3 play! Takes some getting used to but well worth it. Otherwise I’d be playing no pinball for 3-4 months .
Haven’t been able to get to some other pending fixes and adjustments with one hand… but one thing I’d love to figure out is why Wamoh stopped doing ball searches. I have to end game whenever it’s stuck now which is a bummer. My settings on ball eesch say I think l 5 for inactivity, 1 search before auto launch, and YES. Any ideas?

I had this. The screen is detecfing a ball. Run a test on the screen and troubleshoot from there. Good luck!

#2064 25 days ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

why Wamoh stopped doing ball searches.

Put the playfield in Service position one. Open the end door and flip down out of the way. Get your face eye level with the playfield plexiglass surface. Look on the far left and far right edges for ribbon cables drooping down that may block a transmitter or receiver.

Flipper module may be removed if you’re having trouble seeing around it.

#2065 25 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Put the playfield in Service position one. Open the end door and flip down out of the way. Get your face eye level with the playfield plexiglass surface. Look on the far left and far right edges for ribbon cables drooping down that may block a transmitter or receiver.
Flipper module may be removed if you’re having trouble seeing around it.

Yep.

#2066 23 days ago

Ok traveling this week but will try when get home. Thanks all!

#2067 23 days ago

I looked at the bottom and yes the flap is riveted ,I am surprised this got passed the testing of the module.I also suggest that the ball search should move the hamster ramp first and not third I believe,no biggie.

#2068 23 days ago

Outlane config: So far we have found the middle post position is the most fun, with the outlane slide set to the same width as the inlane.
4AC72596-FED4-4CE8-83FD-CF4DC8A08F13 (resized).jpeg

#2069 22 days ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Outlane config: So far we have found the middle post position is the most fun, with the outlane slide set to the same width as the inlane.
[quoted image]

Does a ball fit in that outlane? I'm genuinely curious as it would not appear to lol

#2070 22 days ago

Yes it is the same width as the inlane. Still isn’t easy to clear all the modes… or even half!

#2071 21 days ago

Weird Al question ...... when the right ramp goes down to allow a shot up for a Harvey Wheel lock, does it stay down while the arrow is blinking or does it go up and down making it harder to hit? I thought it stayed down but its been popping back up shortly after going down. In test, I select down, then it immediately goes back up, yet the test still shows down selected. Any ideas?

#2072 21 days ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Weird Al question ...... when the right ramp goes down to allow a shot up for a Harvey Wheel lock, does it stay down while the arrow is blinking or does it go up and down making it harder to hit? I thought it stayed down but its been popping back up shortly after going down. In test, I select down, then it immediately goes back up, yet the test still shows down selected. Any ideas?

Ramp "down" switch needs adjustment.

#2073 21 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Ramp "down" switch needs adjustment.

Cool. I was hoping it was something simple. I just got the link to the instructions as well (which I did not find while searching for it .... I hate asking without looking first)

#2074 21 days ago

Hello fellow hamster domesticators, I have a brief story for you.

Over the course of many years of marriage, I've been slowly sharing Weird Al content with my spouse, including some live shows. The last several years have increased the opportunities as the children became old enough to enjoy the content as well. Their current favorite is singing 'Albuquerque' as we drive by the world famous Albuquerque Holiday Inn on the way to Arizona to visit grandparents.

I'm pleased to report that the indoctrination has worked. The family keeps asking if we could get a a Weird Al pinball machine. So with this post, I'm happy to report that, I too will be joining the P3 revolution and have procured a WAMoNH pre-order spot from another Pinsider for delivery in April-May.

Thank you and see you flipside!

I bought my shares. (resized).png
#2075 21 days ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Hello fellow hamster domesticators, I have a brief story for you.

Over the course of many years of marriage, I've been slowly sharing Weird Al content with my spouse, including some live shows. The last several years have increased the opportunities as the children became old enough to enjoy the content as well. Their current favorite is singing 'Albuquerque' as we drive by the world famous Albuquerque Holiday Inn on the way to Arizona to visit grandparents.

I'm pleased to report that the indoctrination has worked. The family keeps asking if we could get a a Weird Al pinball machine. So with this post, I'm happy to report that, I too will be joining the P3 revolution and have procured a WAMoNH pre-order spot from another Pinsider for delivery in April-May.

Thank you and see you flipside!

I just got mine delivered and hope to have everything setup by this weekend, welcome to make the trip out to Greeley with the fam and play some of mine before if you'd like.....I might have a handful of other games too. Always good to meet new pinheads in the area!

#2076 21 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I just got mine delivered and hope to have everything setup by this weekend, welcome to make the trip out to Greeley with the fam and play some of mine before if you'd like.....I might have a handful of other games too. Always good to meet new pinheads in the area!

Big thank you for the offer bemmett. I may take you up on that in the future. Life with kids is crazy, but I will keep this in mind. Importantly, congratulations on your new game! Let me know if you need some help setting up, I understand these machines are quite heavy. I see you have Heist as well, so maybe your P3 is in position already, but if you need a hand, I'm happy to help.

#2077 20 days ago

Had a great game tonight working through 8 of the 10 modes, You Make Me mini-wizard, multiple DTBS, UHF, My Bologna and Hardware Stores, plus a successful Drink From the Fire Hose.

061E1645-E402-4E07-8AE0-B33A0C09F76C (resized).jpeg
#2078 19 days ago

For this guest, it was meant to be!

188B2CE9-B8EC-4315-90D0-1F7737F47161 (resized).jpeg

#2079 18 days ago

Success! .... I got my Weird Al shown on the news at WMUR Ch9 (ABC). The gameplay footage got cut but at least they did interviews in front of it and some shots of people playing. I hosted the IFPA NH State Finals at my house and ch9 came to cover it

tv1 (resized).PNGtv2 (resized).PNGtv3 (resized).PNG
#2080 17 days ago

Does anyone get constant rejects going up the hampster wheel ramp? 80% of the shots I hit up there don’t make it all the way up, roll back down, hit the rubber near the left inlane, and then drains every time. I increased flipper strength and it hasn’t really helped. I’m wondering if there’s a solution or fix to this.

#2081 16 days ago

What's the pitch on your game's playfield? Multimorphic recommends 6.5 degrees in the quick start guide (leg levelers all the way in).

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 12.22.07 PM (resized).png
#2082 16 days ago

The 3 biggest variables in spiral ramp shots:

1) Walls/Scoops being level/flush. The down positions can be adjusted mechanically
2) The spiral ramp is flush with the wireform entrance when in the up position. This is adjusted in software with diverter settings.
3) The ball fed from the left orbit is staying against the rail as it approaches the flipper and isn't getting kicked out from the rail at all. Any diversion is typically the interface from the upper playfield guide to the side target guide not being smooth. You can adjust this manually by slightly bending or twisting the rail to align it perfectly.

If all 3 of those interfaces are smooth, the ball should make it up the spiral without too much trouble. You still need a well-aimed shot though.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#2083 16 days ago

Thank you. I will check those out. My game’s current pitch is set at 6.7

#2084 16 days ago
Quoted from splitcms:Thank you. I will check those out. My game’s current pitch is set at 6.7

Good idea to set it a little lower - it will help with the spiral, but as you get other modules they also expect to be at 6.5

#2085 16 days ago

I moved the in lane out lane posts up to the highest level and it makes a world of difference. I’m an average player but at the default/lowest the game was hard. Hard to where I think even Keith elwin would struggle with it. So much better now.

E7828D59-6EA6-461C-98C8-A4E56C106460 (resized).jpeg
#2086 16 days ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Does anyone get constant rejects going up the hampster wheel ramp? 80% of the shots I hit up there don’t make it all the way up, roll back down, hit the rubber near the left inlane, and then drains every time. I increased flipper strength and it hasn’t really helped. I’m wondering if there’s a solution or fix to this.

Take a look at my post linked below. My wireform was both bent and installed incorrectly, causing the ball to be pinched when rolling through, and to run into a "brick wall" when it did reach the top. After installing it correctly and tweaking the wireform for a smooth roll, it shoots like butter. Still needs a solid shot, but it's a thing of beauty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/40#post-7326268

note: I am sure both things on mine were just a fluke, but they are worth checking on yours!

#2087 16 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Take a look at my post linked below. My wireform was both bent and installed incorrectly, causing the ball to be pinched when rolling through, and to run into a "brick wall" when it did reach the top. After installing it correctly and tweaking the wireform for a smooth roll, it shoots like butter. Still needs a solid shot, but it's a thing of beauty.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/40#post-7326268
note: I am sure both things on mine were just a fluke, but they are worth checking on yours!

Thanks for the info. Just curious, what do you have your upper left flipper strength set at? I have mine set almost to the max and maybe that’s my problem.

#2088 15 days ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Thanks for the info. Just curious, what do you have your upper left flipper strength set at? I have mine set almost to the max and maybe that’s my problem.

I had initially turned mine up, but put it back to the factory setting (sorry not by my machine and do not remember it offhand). There is definitely a point where it can be too high and actually make the shot worse. Factory should be plenty if everything else is good.

#2089 15 days ago

All;

What is your WAM Audio Volume?

I'm trying to figure out if I am still having audio issues.

I have mine set to 72. (With Settings: Background Music: 0.7, Base Gain: 1.0)

Thanks for your help!

- Mark

P.S. I know it's a losing battle, but I'm still pushing using the acronym WAM, rather than WAMONH.

#2090 15 days ago

I usually keep my volume around 42 or so.

I definitely found that I had to crank it way up when I first got the machine, and the audio sounded like crap. Was an easy fix thankfully....

Open the speaker panel and take a look in the back box. Towards the left side there is a small audio amp with a sticker nearby that clearly says the volume knob on it should be set the to maximum and never adjusted.

Mine was set near the middle when the machine arrived... turning the volume knob all the way clockwise resolved the audio quality issue.... be sure to lower the software volume to something sane after doing this.

#2091 15 days ago
Quoted from Shaker:

P.S. I know it's a losing battle, but I'm still pushing using the acronym WAM

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity
Little reason to use any acronym on Pinside, type in pound weird and it's the only one that comes up. Even works on mobile.

#2092 15 days ago
Quoted from pmppk:

I usually keep my volume around 42 or so.
I definitely found that I had to crank it way up when I first got the machine, and the audio sounded like crap. Was an easy fix thankfully....
Open the speaker panel and take a look in the back box. Towards the left side there is a small audio amp with a sticker nearby that clearly says the volume knob on it should be set the to maximum and never adjusted.
Mine was set near the middle when the machine arrived... turning the volume knob all the way clockwise resolved the audio quality issue.... be sure to lower the software volume to something sane after doing this.

Thank you.

My Amp was already cranked to the Max.

Set at 72, my WAM is kinda 'medium' loud. By no means soft, but not blasting.
For comparison: On my Williams machines, I turn on the minimum volume override, and set them to around 11 (max is 32).

I'm really more concerned about audio quality. WAM sounds pretty good, but Heist sounded very muddy. I have made it better by re-routing the audio cable between the Motherboard and the Amp, but I'm not sure it's 100%.

- Mark

#2093 15 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity
Little reason to use any acronym on Pinside, type in pound weird and it's the only one that comes up. Even works on mobile.

Your right. I just think WAM works better when listing my pins... MM, ATF, JD, LL-EE, Heist, WAM...

- Mark

#2094 12 days ago

For those following, I received my new P3 and Weird Al LE (Invoice #1347). My wife and I are so excited and been thoroughly enjoying it! Feels like it was made for us . Thanks Gerry and team for such a cool platform and fun game. Can’t wait to see what’s cooking next.

#2095 11 days ago

Spent a little time today making a few more tweaks. My drop target was a bit too low when down. Nice and easy adjustment with the wing nut. Nice touch there. One of my scoops was still binding up just a hair making for the occasional slow drop, and a couple were not perfectly level, so I spent some time on them. Nice and easy adjustment (mine are the servos), and I really like that there is one adjustment screw per side so you can adjust both ends separately. The engineering behind this machine never ceases to amaze me! I noticed that my left flipper was adjusted just slightly high. I'm sure that wasn't helping my struggle to make the right ramp consistently. It took a few minutes for it to click how to adjust it...but again it's pretty clever to use the "stop strip" (no idea what it's called, but I assume that's how it's supposed to be done?). There doesn't seem to be a ton of adjustment available there, but it was enough to get mine even with the inlane. Not positive if it's in my head, but it does seem to have helped my ramp accuracy. I'm still toying with the idea of switching to regular flipper rubbers (or Perfect Play which is closer to rubber) as the stickiness of the stock Superbands (I'm assuming that's what they are?) still feels weird to me, and I'm sure that doesn't help my accuracy, especially the outermost shots. I'm getting used to it, but I think I still prefer more traditional feeling flipper rubbers. We'll see. I also adjusted my lower pop bumper to be a bit more sensitive since many times the ball would drop off the gift shop magnet and not trip the pop. Much better now, but wow it's tough to get at the switch in that packed module! Not a problem though, and it's nice and sensitive now. Also gave the standup targets a bit of a bend forward to cut down on airballs (especially Harvey). Nothing major...just a lot of tiny things, and overall I am thrilled with these tweaks and it shoots like a million bucks now (not that it was bad at all before).

Anyway...after all those tiny tweaks, my first game I managed to get to You Make Me for the first time! I know that's only the half way point, but I was happy to finally see it! How cruel to make you hit all three super dangerous VIP targets before you can start it, LOL! So much fun. Unfortunately I pretty much chocked on the mode in my excitement, but hey...I got there! I just had to share my excitement.

I'm not going to lie...this is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time. I hope more people get over their stigma about the P3 being "too weird" and give it a fair shot. I think it's going to surprise a lot of people. I know it did me. I am so glad I was able to get in on one, and I can't wait until my other modules show up! On my first play on both Al and Heist, I loved them both, but actually liked Heist just a hair better. It will be very interesting to see if that preference holds now that I am more familiar with Al and am completely in love with it!

Here’s a pic of my topper solution since my basement is height challenged. I had just barely enough wire length to set it here. I wish there was another couple inches slack, as if I ever have to move it somewhere where I can’t have it set at this angle it won’t work. I will have to make an extension piece if that ever happens. Short ceiling issues, lol.
C66E7F37-D4FF-4EF7-A10C-5060E3AEE03C (resized).jpeg

#2096 11 days ago

A sidecar topper. I like it.

#2097 11 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A sidecar topper. I like it.

Gerry's next innovation: A wireless topper.

#2098 11 days ago

Just an update for others. My order was 1348, they asked for final payment about 2 weeks ago, saying it would be about 4 weeks. It was only about a week and they sent me shipping notification. I got my game on Thursday and set it up. I am very impressed with the game, loads of fun. Had a few people over Thursday night, and they were also impressed. I know a lot of people said the game was different then a regular game, I think it has the feel of a regular pinball machine plus a lot more. The only thing I am not used to is the 2 buttons for the flippers. I had a 22 years old over, and of course he had no problems with the 2 buttons. I think I read that you can run the right flippers on the right button and the left flippers on the left button, if I can do that, I will be having much better games.

#2099 9 days ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Just an update for others. My order was 1348, they asked for final payment about 2 weeks ago, saying it would be about 4 weeks.

Getting excited! I am somewhat expecting may "pay up" notice this week or next week. I am 1360. Wife and I are super stoked!!

#2100 9 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Getting excited! I am somewhat expecting may "pay up" notice this week or next week. I am 1360. Wife and I are super stoked!!

You are in the kid on the night before Christmas phase of the waiting game. You know it's coming soon but it's just not quite there yet. It's sitting in TX at MultiM's (in this case in parts form) but you don't have access to open it

When it ships, it becomes the kid on Xmas morning waiting for their parents to wake up so you can start opening the gifts waiting game. Tracking will be checked like watching the clock. Delivery is 7am when your parents said they would get up.

I am now having nightmare flashbacks of my childhood

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
13,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,138 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.