(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 55.
#101 2 years ago

Wizard of OZ II

#102 2 years ago

Discworld would be fucking ace! got these ones in my current pile....

DSCF9532[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9532[1] (resized).jpg

Don'tMuchCareAboutTheRestOfItPunkin

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

New bottom playfield part i betcha you are right.

Actually; it looks like a old style Bally pop bumper body... but in a red clear format which I've never seen.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3713-44

detail[1] (resized).jpgdetail[1] (resized).jpg
#104 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

P3 has always been the most innovative pinball we have seen since P2K. Always awesome to see what they bring to the table next. It's always been a little out of my price range. But I may have to get one finally.

If you want to check mine out, you're welcome to

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So it says: "something magical is coming" with the hashtag "NotTheLicensedTitleYet". Another game perhaps? Or a magical add-on feature?
I'll throw a guess out there: maybe a new flipper module with a different flipper setup?

I didn’t notice that hashtag before. I think they are finally bringing back the Pinball Wizard game/app, or some variation on it. Gerry speculated about it going open source, I think on a thread I posted here. I thought it would be a fantastic way to help novice players learn how to do basic skills (e.g. drop/live catches, post pass, dead flips, etc)

#106 2 years ago

Come on guys, it's all right in front of you. Gerry essentially said what it is clear as day.

The first teaser was a picture of a P3 with CCR.

The second was the dinosaur meme, that said "wouldn't it be nice to have a new pinball game without having to pay thousands, clear out space, or wait for shipping?" - This means a software-only (downloadable) game, presumably on the CCR playfield.

Third teaser said "something magical is coming" and had #notthelicensedtitleyet - so it's an unlicensed magic theme.

What do I win?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I didn’t notice that hashtag before. I think they are finally bringing back the Pinball Wizard game/app, or some variation on it. Gerry speculated about it going open source, I think on a thread I posted here. I thought it would be a fantastic way to help novice players learn how to do basic skills (e.g. drop/live catches, post pass, dead flips, etc)

Techically this would fit the hints, but based on Gerry's comments, I'm not expecting to see the Pinball Wizard thing, at least for a while. And Gerry's not typically an "over hype" type of guy, so the fact he's dropping multiple teasers, I have to think it's bigger than the pinball trainer anyway.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Come on guys, it's all right in front of you. Gerry essentially said what it is clear as day.
The second was the dinosaur meme, that said "wouldn't it be nice to have a new pinball game without having to pay thousands, clear out space, or wait for shipping?" - This means a software-only (downloadable) game, presumably on the CCR playfield.
Third teaser said "something magical is coming" and had #notthelicensedtitleyet - so it's an unlicensed magic theme.
What do I win?

Techically this would fit the hints, but based on Gerry's comments, I'm not expecting to see the Pinball Wizard thing, at least for a while. And Gerry's not typically an "over hype" type of guy, so the fact he's dropping multiple teasers, I have to think it's bigger than the pinball trainer anyway.

So the next question is, how long of a stretch do MM usually go between a teaser and a release ? Scoot & Shoot was kind of dropped without hardly any fanfare, so is this an even more substantial release ?

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So the next question is, how long of a stretch do MM usually go between a teaser and a release ? Scoot & Shoot was kind of dropped without hardly any fanfare, so is this an even more substantial release ?

Last thing I remember them hyping was Heist. As you said, the mini-games just kinda dropped, so I’m assuming this will be a significant offering.

Again, I think your answer was in the teasers. The first one with the CCR playfield mentioned that the licensed title wasn’t the only thing they’re working on and it was specifically dated August 2021. I took that to mean it’s releasing this month.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

If you want to check mine out, you're welcome to

i've played P3 plenty. Been playing it at every show even before Lexy was fully developed. And played freds extensively

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've played P3 plenty. Been playing it at every show even before Lexy was fully developed. And played freds extensively
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"136f3ec0e668e10bf2290e417550bfc59e9db380-1629129904-1800"};
//]]>

Have you played Heist? I’ve not played Lexy but it’s a huge advancement from the other games I’ve played

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have you played Heist? I’ve not played Lexy but it’s a huge advancement from the other games I’ve played

no but I want to. Looks killer.

#112 2 years ago

Was looking back at old posts and I found this from 5 years ago:

Quoted from solarvalue:

I said about a year ago that I was looking forward to seeing the following with this system:

1. A second game and a video of one game being swapped for another.
2. A mid-playfield module with floating mid-playfield mechanisms.
3. Different flipper configurations being swapped in and out of the game.

At TPF, they achieved this first goal, hopefully we will see video of this soon, because I think it will create a great deal of excitement...We've seen virtual mock-ups of 2 and 3, so we know they are on the cards. I think prototype versions of these goals would also really help to dispel some people's misgivings about the system's limitations.

I'll add two more milestones which I think will be really important for raising awareness about the system:

4. A licensed game.
5. A game developed by a third party.

Both of these will probably come after the systems are shipping which they are, quite rightly, focusing on at the moment.

Anyway, I know Gerry is aware of all this, and I think they are heading in the right direction. The great thing about this system is the modularity of the system means that everything new they create builds on what they've already done. This thing is just going to get better and better.

It is interesting to note how many of these have now been achieved. 1 and 5 have been done. 2 was done with Heist but with the crane rather than a mid-playfield module. I think Nick Baldridge is also planning a mid-playfield module on his next game. 4 is coming. I haven't heard anything about 3.

#113 2 years ago

Heist has an extra flipper module?

#114 2 years ago

Yes if you order a heist machine the 3rd flipper unit comes pre installed . Or you can order a heist kit and install the 3rd flipper On your machine, once installed you won’t have to take it off ever again. As the third flipper is only used on certain games

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Fourth teaser: Amazing lightshow (shown on the CCR playfield)

Quoted from Cheeks:

Gerry's not typically an "over hype" type of guy

I guess we shouldn't talk about the fact that I haven't been publishing these teasers. I do approve them all though.

Quoted from solarvalue:

It is interesting to note how many of these have now been achieved. 1 and 5 have been done. 2 was done with Heist but with the crane rather than a mid-playfield module. I think Nick Baldridge is also planning a mid-playfield module on his next game. 4 is coming. I haven't heard anything about 3.

We've come a long way, and our feature and game roadmaps both remain full. Gonna be a fun journey! I get quite a few emails literally every day now from new people discovering the P3, and it's translated into our current 3+ month backlog on new machines.

It's fun to talk about how our business paradigm translates into a different experience for our customers, as we're motivated to ensure you continue loving your machine and each new game and feature we create for it. We're also motivated to continue improving every aspect of ownership and gameplay. Hopefully we're doing that successfully. Enthusiasm for the P3 is definitely growing, and we're excited to see if our forthcoming announcements accelerate that growth.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

new_lightshow (resized).jpgnew_lightshow (resized).jpg
#116 2 years ago

I just setup my p3 and the thing is a beast,quality is obvious and the engineering is very cool,and after my back gets better from moving the game down the stairs I am having a lot of fun,I was nervous about spending this much on a game I have never played and Heist is the only game I have played so far but after you get use to the upper flipper button being different than the lower one ,I am loving it and I hope everyone gets a chance to experience this system!

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just setup my p3 and the thing is a beast,quality is obvious and the engineering is very cool,and after my back gets better from moving the game down the stairs I am having a lot of fun,I was nervous about spending this much on a game I have never played and Heist is the only game I have played so far but after you get use to the upper flipper button being different than the lower one ,I am loving it and I hope everyone gets a chance to experience this system!

So glad you're liking your purchase so far...I had a feeling you would! It would seem that you, too, are impressed (as I am) with the sheer engineering and build quality of the thing, yeah? I mean, I still don't own one, yet, but I'm *going* to. I want to support this.

#118 2 years ago

https://twitter.com/Multimorphic/status/1428718930298818560
See the morse code on the paper:

.- ..- --. ..- ... -
..--- ...--
..--- ----- ..--- .----
=
AUGUST 23 2021

See you all on monday for the reveal

#119 2 years ago

Good to see this company grow...slowly but steadily it seems. Never had the pleasure of playing a P3 machine, but my creative mind works overtime thinking of it's possibilities.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

https://twitter.com/Multimorphic/status/1428718930298818560
See the morse code on the paper:
.- ..- --. ..- ... -
..--- ...--
..--- ----- ..--- .----
=
AUGUST 23 2021
See you all on monday for the reveal

Way to decode !

But keep in mind the #notthelicensedgame hashtag, and the CCR logo embossed in the carpet. This is ANOTHER game !

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

AUGUST 23 2021

Nice work!

#122 2 years ago

Jep I think you are correct .Can’t wait!

#123 2 years ago

The licensed theme turned out to be The Sorcerer's Apprentice according to Pinball News.

7E268099-FBC8-413B-834C-94542477B0DB (resized).jpeg7E268099-FBC8-413B-834C-94542477B0DB (resized).jpeg
#124 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

The licensed theme turned out to be The Sorcerer's Apprentice according to Pinball News.

Wrong! That's an unlicensed generic sorcerer game module (that requires the cart racing module).
The licensed game is something else.

#125 2 years ago

So glad I bought a p3,will be playing new game in a few hours!

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

[quoted image]

Yeah, this is definitely incorrect. SA is a non-licensed theme.

#127 2 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

This idea of a re-theme is brilliant and if I someday have to move to a condo or apartment this system could be invaluable!

#128 2 years ago

[quoted image]
This idea of a re-theme is brilliant and if I someday have to move to a condo or apartment this system could be invaluable!
I am not as young as most pinsiders and that could be really

#129 2 years ago

So SA is officially the theme? cute play on Wizard blocks. Has anyone seen the insert yet? This maybe the push I need to pull the trigger on a new P3 system.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So SA is officially the theme? cute play on Wizard blocks. Has anyone seen the insert yet? This maybe the push I need to pull the trigger on a new P3 system.

What do you mean by the “insert”? If you mean the actual game code a whole bunch of us are already playing it

#131 2 years ago

Poor comprehension, he hasn't understood the previous posts saying it's not the licensed theme or the fact that it's played on the Cosmic Cart insert.

And i don't know what wizard blocks is, but that image sure feels like the one in my day room.

image-15 (resized).jpgimage-15 (resized).jpg

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This is the theme for the full new game reveal on the CCR playfield. The "NEW" playfield w/ scott D's music is still in development.

#133 2 years ago

So, the licensed game with Danesi music (which this thread is about) is still coming, we don't know the theme yet.

For discussion on the new game released today for the Cosmic Cart Racing upper playfield module (Sorcerer's Apprentice) go here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-game-reveal-monday-from-multimorphic#post-6456651

It's confusing because Multimorphic is an amazing company which is releasing so much stuff it's hard to keep track of it all.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This is the theme for the full new game reveal on the CCR playfield. The "NEW" playfield w/ scott D's music is still in development.

I figured this was just an add on for those who own Cosmic Cart racing. Some were thinking this is the new one.

By insert I was meaning new modular

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I figured this was just an add on for those who own Cosmic Cart racing. Some were thinking this is the new one.
By insert I was meaning new modular

Neo! I hope you get to try a p3 out!

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Neo! I hope you get to try a p3 out!

i've been playing P3's before lexy was even a thought. Been following it closely through all it's development. It was the most innovative thing to pinball, even before it had a game to go with it. I've played it many times. The price was high (now about the same by todays prices), and waiting for that special game to get me to pull the trigger. Have not played heist yet. but have played everything before it.

#137 2 years ago

I jsut preordered a p3, wonder what this licensed game is. Looking forward to it.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I jsut preordered a p3, wonder what this licensed game is. Looking forward to it.

Congrats! What game(a) did you order with it?

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Congrats! What game(a) did you order with it?

Since its taking 10-14 months for the machine to be completed and ship, i haven't ordered anything yet .. will probably order heist and whatever this new licensed game is.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've been playing P3's before lexy was even a thought. Been following it closely through all it's development. It was the most innovative thing to pinball, even before it had a game to go with it. I've played it many times. The price was high (now about the same by todays prices), and waiting for that special game to get me to pull the trigger. Have not played heist yet. but have played everything before it.

sorry, I mean all the new games/pf's. I'm sad I didn't play it earlier. It will be neat to see what you think of the new games and progression of the platform.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Since its taking 10-14 months for the machine to be completed and ship, i haven't ordered anything yet .. will probably order heist and whatever this new licensed game is.

Looks like a miscommunication, its going to be weeks not months! I will probably order heist, but im really excited to see what this licensed game is! Please show us more!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

sorry, I mean all the new games/pf's. I'm sad I didn't play it earlier. It will be neat to see what you think of the new games and progression of the platform.

yes me too. I've always been excited about P3. Everytime JJP would say he is so innovative, i'd Scoff, because his games are not innovative. P3 is innovative. P2k was innovative.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Looks like a miscommunication, its going to be weeks not months! I will probably order heist, but im really excited to see what this licensed game is! Please show us more!

I was gonna say, 10-14 months sounded way longer than the weeks other recent buyers had been quoted. Glad it'll be arriving sooner. My vote is for Heist of the existing playfield modules, but there's a lot to enjoy with Cosmic Cart and Lexy too.

#144 2 years ago

This game is awesome!

346C8638-530A-43EA-8E0B-736BD0246A08 (resized).jpeg346C8638-530A-43EA-8E0B-736BD0246A08 (resized).jpeg
#145 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes me too. I've always been excited about P3. Everytime JJP would say he is so innovative, i'd Scoff, because his games are not innovative. P3 is innovative. P2k was innovative.

Played early units at TPF way back when they were new.Didn’t think it felt like pinball as much as I would’ve liked, but Heist does feel good and would like one.JJP was very innovative and still adds new and cool stuff to their lineup.

#146 2 years ago

I ordered a couple weeks ago and was told 12-16 weeks.

#147 2 years ago

I think there are many orders coming in @ multimorphic so lead time will increase now demand is higher . Still better then the 1 year+ jjp wait

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I think there are many orders coming in @ multimorphic so lead time will increase now demand is higher . Still better then the 1 year+ jjp wait

Their demand seems to have skyrocketed. I couldn't be happier - these guys have been pounding away for 5, 6 years and the last 2 games they've put out are light years from the original set of games (which were also great!). Here's to hoping for a Lexy Lightspeed remaster!

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

JJP= whipping boy

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP= whipping boy

They brought it on themselves. And yes i do own a GnR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/3?hl=amsnl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.