(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,733 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by May
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 55.
#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

After Spooky blew their lead on a mediocre design I think Multiorphic is in the lead on customer sentiment.
Weird Al movie is great.

Build quality on my Halloween was so bad, I’ll never buy another spooky.

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

This isn't true. It currently takes a machine 2-3 weeks for production between time of paid invoice to boxed up on our dock, sometimes a few days less, some times a few days more. It doesn't take anywhere near 2 months to fulfill a fully paid order.
I don't know the specifics of your order (or your name), but I'll reach out to CT to find out the source of the confusion. Probably some cross signals somewhere. We'll get to the bottom of it.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

That’s why I keep buying Multimorphic, ladies and gentlemen.

#1753 1 year ago

This isn't true. It currently takes a machine 2-3 weeks for production between time of paid invoice to boxed up on our dock, sometimes a few days less, some times a few days more. It doesn't take anywhere near 2 months to fulfill a fully paid order.
I don't know the specifics of your order (or your name), but I'll reach out to CT to find out the source of the confusion. Probably some cross signals somewhere. We'll get to the bottom of it.
- Gerry

Thanks for the response!

I'm sure there is a simple explanation, maybe a mistake on cointaker's part, something got lost in the shuffle, we are human after all.

#1754 1 year ago

- Gerry

Call me a shill, but this is just one of the MANY reasons I am and will be a customer for life with Multimorphic.

Hope the little one is letting you and Sarah get some sleep.

Have a great weekend.

#1755 1 year ago

Finally got my game module installed and enjoying it. Could we please get an adjustment in the audio settings to lower call out/voice volume, Al's voice is way louder than the songs.

#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Finally got my game module installed and enjoying it. Could we please get an adjustment in the audio settings to lower call out/voice volume, Al's voice is way louder than the songs.

Increase the volume of the background music, then lower overall volume.

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I did the same thing. Just a different way of approaching your problem.

#1758 1 year ago

This works, and basically every game responds similarly. Each game has their own setting so you may need to set new values when you change games

#1760 1 year ago

Update:

MM contacted cointaker - turns out they (cointaker) thought they were alotted 3 full P3 for that shipment, they only got 2 P3 and one weird al module.

So I'll be on the next shipment to cointaker in 2 months.

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Update:
MM contacted cointaker - turns out they (cointaker) thought they were alotted 3 full P3 for that shipment, they only got 2 P3 and one weird al module.
So I'll be on the next shipment to cointaker in 2 months.

Mystery solved! Well that sucks you have to wait longer than expected but sounds like you’ll be getting a whole machine.. worth the wait!

Come on down my way, my WAMONH playfield arrives tomorrow! I’m about to start at least a 10 hour server update so hopefully I’ll be able to stand up!

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

cointaker) thought they were alotted 3 full P3 for that shipment, they only got 2 P3 and one weird al module.

So I'll be on the next shipment to cointaker in 2 mont

I'd have serious trust issues with cointaker at this point. looks to me like they are making wild excuses.

Get that it all in writing, so you have documentation If/when you have to take them to court .
Hopefully, you paid by credit card - make sure you know your rights with the credit card company

#1763 1 year ago

Streaming some Al tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

When might that post for those of us that missed it.
Thanks

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd have serious trust issues with cointaker at this point. looks to me like they are making wild excuses.
Get that it all in writing, so you have documentation If/when you have to take them to court .
Hopefully, you paid by credit card - make sure you know your rights with the credit card company

They are refunding my payment less deposit. I'm still confident in Melissa and Chris as well as Multimorphic - life happens, we make mistakes.

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

They are refunding my payment less deposit. I'm still confident in Melissa and Chris as well as Multimorphic - life happens, we make mistakes.

Does that mean you’ll have to PIF again once the shipment actually arrives ?

#1766 1 year ago

Cointaker is a fine company, I wouldn’t have any worries. That being said, I have had issues with them being disorganized with orders in the past.

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

When might that post for those of us that missed it.
Thanks

I won't be putting this one on YouTube but you can watch the archived stream on Twitch here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1652999922?t=00h07m50s

#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does that mean you’ll have to PIF again once the shipment actually arrives ?

Yup. Very tempting to buy something else on the wishlist now but shouldn't (out of room). My mom just passed 3 weeks ago and holy hell is it expensive to give a proper burial - so a bigger than expected donation to cancer research is in order instead of a pinball machine... I don't have the thread link but the Bond LE flipping for good has a fundraising page if anyone else would like to make a contribution toward cancer research.

#1769 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Sweet. I'm 1330. If they are going in order (for the base machine and Weird Al kit, since we know buying just the kit would be faster), then hopefully next week I get an email

I got the email Merry Christmas to me!

#1770 1 year ago

Al has made it home! I have an "original recipe" P3, so it took a few adjustments (the left VUK from the trough was not lined up), but I've played a few games and this game is even better than I remember!

One thing I will say to you new P3 owners: it is worth the wait. I am *so* tired of adjusting the scoop and wall heights. Had to do it again on Al. It's a huge pain, and they never seem to stay in place, even when I lock the set nut. I had ONE scoop on the left that needed adjusting - after about 30 minutes I got it perfect. I put everything back together, and suddenly I am getting airballs off of ALL the other walls! (which I did not touch). Anyway, that's my only gripe. I am saving my money for the servo-controlled scoops. That WILL be the next upgrade I buy, no question about it.

Anyway, the game is frickin' awesome. I have not figured out how to get up to the mezzanine to use the 5th flipper, but I'm working on it...

The Harvey shot from a launched ball is AWESOME!! That spiral is so smooth!

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am *so* tired of adjusting the scoop and wall heights. Had to do it again on Al. It's a huge pain, and they never seem to stay in place, even when I lock the set nut.

If it makes you feel any better that was a time consuming process at the factory too.

#1772 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If it makes you feel any better that was a time consuming process at the factory too.

Haha it doesn’t ! I’m just really glad it’s been upgraded - those things are standing in the way of my game! I’ll go back to it tonight; I added the left flipper module (same process as the right more or less so that didn’t take long). Figured out the cross wireform, all set. As usual, extremely helpful documentation. Thank you TJ!

#1773 1 year ago

I have a latter p3 about a year old and have never had to adjust a wall or scoop.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a latter p3 about a year old and have never had to adjust a wall or scoop.

Mine gets moved around a lot - to shows, different areas of the house (we did an addition and had to clear out). It’s part of the deal, and most likely my fault for tinkering, maybe I didn’t tighten everything up like I thought I did. I just think it’s really smart that MM decided to go the direction they did with the servo controlled ones

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine gets moved around a lot - to shows, different areas of the house (we did an addition and had to clear out). It’s part of the deal, and most likely my fault for tinkering, maybe I didn’t tighten everything up like I thought I did. I just think it’s really smart that MM decided to go the direction they did with the servo controlled ones

I see why you would want sevros,moving it and playing it at shows,mine is not payed near as much so I will hold to coils and I like the way they raise and fall.

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see why you would want sevros,moving it and playing it at shows,mine is not payed near as much so I will hold to coils and I like the way they raise and fall.

Yeah, I like the “clunk” of the solenoid ones, but overall being more precise is probably better for maintenance

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah, I like the “clunk” of the solenoid ones, but overall being more precise is probably better for maintenance

For sure!

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I got the email Merry Christmas to me!

I’m 30 behind you (invoice 1360). Siiiigh. Still some time to go. No Merry Christmas for me but likely a Happy Birthday(early March).

#1779 1 year ago

I have also not needed to adjust my scoops.

After playing Weird Al at home... Then playing a game or two at Houston arcade expo... I'll say the new scoops look different. Nothing wrong with them.. just looked weird slowly rising or falling as opposed to the snap of the old mechs

The new scoops also have a different cosmetic look. Not bad, just different

#1780 1 year ago

When the walls and scoops pop up during germs and then fall at the end is very cool I and am glad mine are secure for the time being!

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’m 30 behind you (invoice 1360). Siiiigh. Still some time to go. No Merry Christmas for me but likely a Happy Birthday(early March).

I’m 1406. Less than 100 to go! Can’t wait for that email next year sometime!

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’m 4 away at 1334.
Fingers crossed for Christmas.

#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I’m 4 away at 1334.
Fingers crossed for Christmas.

It's worth the wait ..

#1784 1 year ago

Ahh, the shipping company is killing me. P3 made it from Texas to Dayton, OH (90 minutes away) in 2 days. Got a call from the shipping company to set up delivery, not today, not tomorrow, but next Monday.

The first 1300 miles - 2 days
The last 97 miles - 7 days

Hurry up and wait I guess. I'm sure there's some logistical reason, but I'm too dumb to see it.

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Ahh, the shipping company is killing me. P3 made it from Texas to Dayton, OH (90 minutes away) in 2 days. Got a call from the shipping company to set up delivery, not today, not tomorrow, but next Monday.
Hurry up and wait I guess. I'm sure there's some logistical reason, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Shipping is a real cluster in the best of circumstances. The last 100 miles are many times handled by a local place, and they can be overwhelmed, disorganized, who knows what

#1786 1 year ago

I guess I get it. A holiday weekend doesn't help anything either. But, knowing it's so close and just sitting there is maddening. Don't they understand I want my new toy right now!!

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I guess I get it. A holiday weekend doesn't help anything either. But, knowing it's so close and just sitting there is maddening. Don't they understand I want my new toy right now!!

LOL I know exactly how you feel! Knowing it’s so close! Maybe you can pick it up? Haha

#1788 1 year ago

Mine shipped on Friday but won’t come until next Monday or at least estimated to. Excited to get it. Haven’t played a p3 yet

#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

on my last 3 shipments they f'd me too. They love to bring the delivery to the local terminal on a friday, then say.. oh ya so that truck wont be unloaded until monday....blah blah. So I've offered to pick up the games so i can get them asap. Otherwise they have to find a lift gate box truck and that is another week.....

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

on my last 3 shipments they f'd me too. They love to bring the delivery to the local terminal on a friday, then say.. oh ya so that truck wont be unloaded until monday....blah blah. So I've offered to pick up the games so i can get them asap. Otherwise they have to find a lift gate box truck and that is another week.....

I'm lucky to be local - picking mine up tomorrow morning! Exciting!

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Arriving in one piece is most important! My P3 had a hole through it which was brutal (on my doorstep and had to refuse).

#1792 1 year ago

I finally set the spiral ramp down to 225 (factory default) and up to 130. Now I get a smooth shot up the spiral ramp. It is still user error if I do not get a perfect or near perfect shot. But after playing a game or two, I usually get better at hitting the shot and can make it. Getting this shot is important and fun in the game.

I also finally realized by using the upper flipper to get it into the right hole to loop around out the left hole and leave the flipper up, it makes a perfect path to get the ball into the camera.

I have the game back at 6.5 degrees with all the levelers as low as the can go.

I switched the settings to use the red button to control both the lower and top flippers. The first time I have to remember to use the white button to control the small upper playfield flipper. I am actually good at either separating the buttons or using one for both flippers, but my friends need the flippers set to what they consider "normal" so they are currently set on one button controls both. I have not looked but would be nice if there were a way to log in as me and have the buttons set to be separate, but when others play, they use one button for both flippers.

I finally realized what the spatula was for. If the ball goes down the outlane and the spatula is there, you save the ball. I also finally was playing with the buttons and realized if I hit the white button I can move the spatula to the other side as the ball is being lost to try to save the ball. I am sure this is in some readme or instructions, but it is more fun to find it slowly than to figure out where to read about it.

#1793 1 year ago

I switched the settings to use the red button to control both the lower and top flippers. The first time I have to remember to use the white button to control the small upper playfield flipper. I am actually good at either separating the buttons or using one for both flippers, but my friends need the flippers set to what they consider "normal" so they are currently set on one button controls both. I have not looked but would be nice if there were a way to log in as me and have the buttons set to be separate, but when others play, they use one button for both flippers.

Agree this would be really nice. I moved mine to just the reds so easier for my family but I really don’t like it.

#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I have not looked but would be nice if there were a way to log in as me and have the buttons set to be separate, but when others play, they use one button for both flippers.

Not only would it be nice, it IS nice. Yes, you can do this. Player profiles have access to the flipper button setting. You could either set a profile for YOU with the separated buttons and set the machine to use the combined buttons by default, or you could do the opposite. Just be aware that the main operator settings menu (accessed in attract mode via coin door open + launch button) sets only the default settings. Profile specific settings are changed through the feature menu (In attract mode: hold flipper and press start -> Manage Profiles)

On my personal machine, I like to set up a Gerry profile and set the option to start games with that profile by default. If somebody else wants to play, they can either start with a different profile or play under mine, it doesn't matter to me. Houses/Locations with lots of other players might not want to have the game automatically start with a profile, though. So feel free to set your machines up in whatever way works best for you.

- Gerry

#1795 1 year ago

Not only would it be nice, it IS nice. Yes, you can do this. Player profiles have access to the flipper button setting. You could either set a profile for YOU with the separated buttons and set the machine to use the combined buttons by default, or you could do the opposite. Just be aware that the main operator settings menu (accessed in attract mode via coin door open + launch button) sets only the default settings. Profile specific settings are changed through the feature menu (In attract mode: hold flipper and press start -> Manage Profiles)
On my personal machine, I like to set up a Gerry profile and set the option to start games with that profile by default. If somebody else wants to play, they can either start with a different profile or play under mine, it doesn't matter to me. Houses/Locations with lots of other players might not want to have the game automatically start with a profile, though. So feel free to set your machines up in whatever way works best for you.
- Gerry

Awesome!! Didn’t realize this. Thank you!

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Awesome!! Didn’t realize this. Thank you!

The p3 has so many options! More than I’ll remember but I could use most!

#1798 1 year ago

Lol I remember these folks from the Amazing Race - we ran into them at Disney World (Galaxy’s Edge) shortly after their season aired - they were just as discombobulated as we were with the Disney scheduling app, and were real fun to hang around with for an afternoon

#1799 1 year ago

The wonderful shipping company strikes again. I used my last vacation day to be home during their totally reasonable 8hr delivery window, aaaaanndd.... They call this morning to say they can't possibly make it today and they will try to deliver tomorrow. My blood pressure is fine.

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

The wonderful shipping company strikes again. I used my last vacation day to be home during their totally reasonable 8hr delivery window, aaaaanndd.... They call this morning to say they can't possibly make it today and they will try to deliver tomorrow. My blood pressure is fine.

Ugh. Well tomorrow night will be amazing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,499 (OBO)
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.