(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
20230804_113638 (resized).jpg
WAMONH first play (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 55.
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

We were told it was going on the line and paid in full last month. Just wanted a gague on the timeframe from on the line/paid in full to shipped.

Have you reached out to Cointaker? When ordering from MM in the past, once you PIF it should be shipped in the next day or so.

Obviously orders have exploded and you ordered through a distributor, but if you've already paid you definitely should check with Cointaker. A month isn't unheard of, but it's definitely getting a bit long. I know the projections from earlier this year have long since gone past, (my playfield-only was supposed to be on the line in July, ordered through MM) but I think those projections were made with the assumption of new help, and MM has acknowledged that (like every other industry) they've had challenges staffing up.

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have you reached out to Cointaker? When ordering from MM in the past, once you PIF it should be shipped in the next day or so.
Obviously orders have exploded and you ordered through a distributor, but if you've already paid you definitely should check with Cointaker. A month isn't unheard of, but it's definitely getting a bit long. I know the projections from earlier this year have long since gone past, (my playfield-only was supposed to be on the line in July, ordered through MM) but I think those projections were made with the assumption of new help, and MM has acknowledged that (like every other industry) they've had challenges staffing up.

Last message I had was to expect the game this month (October) - which is still accurate I guess.

Was hopeful someone that ordered from cointaker or another distributor had a general timeframe from paid in full to shipped.

I'm okay with waiting as long as it takes.

#1703 1 year ago

They had a pretty long backlog of machines (P3s) before Weird Al was opened for order. They held many waiting for the new assemblies (wall scoop, backbox, etc).
As you can imagine; these machines are a lot more complicated that a wood cabinet and some legs.
If you've paid in full and your machine is on the line... I'd expect good news in a month or two.
Have no idea how long a P3 takes to assemble; test; etc.. but I'm sure it isn't 2 wks given all the assemblies.

#1704 1 year ago
F4AAF7CD-24A8-4569-A281-5E446F2F597A (resized).pngF4AAF7CD-24A8-4569-A281-5E446F2F597A (resized).png
1 week later
#1705 1 year ago

Any new sightings? I was hoping I'd have my WAMONH by the time the Al movie debuted!

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Any new sightings? I was hoping I'd have my WAMONH by the time the Al movie debuted!

You can come visit me and play Indiana is not much further than Purcellville

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

You can come visit me and play Indiana is not much further than Purcellville

One Day! But man there has GOT to be one closer

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

One Day! But man there has GOT to be one closer

Is MN closer?

#1709 1 year ago

Woolgoolga?

#1710 1 year ago

Might just be worth it for the trip!

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Might just be worth it for the trip!

Could have done it half an hour ago. It just sold, sorry.

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Could have done it half an hour ago. It just sold, sorry.

Awwww that is an awful burn bro!

#1713 1 year ago

A few days ago when I asked, I increased the power on the upper flippers. I got it up the ramp successfully once. Then playing the last few days have not successfully got the ball up the hamster loop ramp. It sometimes gets to the right bracket below the ball sensor switch.

I moved the power all the way to 40.

Tonight, I lowered the back legs all the way down as suggested so the game is at 6.5 degrees

I even set the switch settings so the playfield flippers are controlled with the red buttons.

I successfully got it up the ramp twice (and if not going to the hamster wheel I have to quickly move my fingers to control the upper flipper but that will come with practice).

I guess when it comes down to it, you need the perfect flip to get up the loop ramp and I’m just not that good yet.

But since my other 4 playfields have not been sent yet, I can spend more time on this game.

The jury is still out about whether I like one flipper button or both. It will definitely make it easier for others to play the game.

And after I played a few games, the ball got stuck at the top of the movable ramp entrance (which never happened at 7 degrees).

011EC7B6-B23A-4BA9-87DD-BBB0CEC17C7E (resized).jpeg011EC7B6-B23A-4BA9-87DD-BBB0CEC17C7E (resized).jpeg
#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I guess when it comes down to it, you need the perfect flip to get up the loop ramp and I’m just not that good yet.

One of the things we specifically playtest on every new machine with WAMONH before it ships is smooth and reasonably easy completion of the spiral ramp from the left side target flipper. It only passes the test if a good shot exits the top of the ramp with momentum. Yes, it does take an accurate shot, and we've definitely had a lot of practice! If perfect shots don't make it up and exit the ramp with speed, there's likely an adjustment to make. We test at 6.5 degrees.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

And after I played a few games, the ball got stuck at the top of the movable ramp entrance (which never happened at 7 degrees).

The ramp positions are adjustable in Settings -> Mechs -> Diverters. You might need to change yours by a few ticks to make the interface perfectly smooth. This is true for the other diverters in the game too. The positions of the diverters might be slightly different due to different power levels, left-right level, front-back level, etc differences between your location and our factory test environment. You can tweak the settings in the Diagnostics app and immediately go into the Playfield Module tests, move the spiral ramp up and down, and roll a ball (or manually place it) to see if it still gets hung up.

Since the interface between the ramp and the spiral wireform isn't perfectly smooth for you yet, that would also affect the ease of completing the shot.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The ramp positions are adjustable in Settings -> Mechs -> Diverters. You might need to change yours by a few ticks to make the interface perfectly smooth.d down, and roll a ball (or manually place it) to see if it still gets hung up.

Thanks. I should have realized, but didn’t know I can adjust the ramp. I should realize that just about everything is adjustable. I’ll work on it now.

I finally figured out which way to move the numbers when ramp is in up position and set it to 140. The movable part of the ramp lines up with the stationary part of the ramp.

Then I started a game and no ball came out. So I turned off game, unplugged the 3 connectors, made sure latches open and used my step stool for the first time to lift it out (it is still heavy and bulky ). The balls were all in the hole on the right going towards the front of the game. I used a magnet to get the out and put them all in the v shaped area as specified.

I put the game back together and the ball did not come out.

I went into diagnostics and clicked on the drain vuk and ii heard balls pop. I did this until I didn’t hear any more balls move.

Started the game and the balls came out.

In the up position, the ball does not get stuck

In the down position, the flap at the ramp entrance is slightly lifted and a ball will get stuck at the bottom if hit lightly. Which does not happen often.

I can submit a ticket or try to call tomorrow. I don’t want to bend anything until I talk to you.

Thanks
395DE873-D54C-4A15-B57F-A32624B1FAB8 (resized).jpeg395DE873-D54C-4A15-B57F-A32624B1FAB8 (resized).jpeg47EF9577-3FA1-4A1B-88E6-1A1689AB2D41 (resized).jpeg47EF9577-3FA1-4A1B-88E6-1A1689AB2D41 (resized).jpeg68DBE1D9-3189-402A-93E7-6FD5F1A45FF1 (resized).jpeg68DBE1D9-3189-402A-93E7-6FD5F1A45FF1 (resized).jpeg7FBFA701-E873-4D04-A0F5-4787DBD80E34 (resized).jpeg7FBFA701-E873-4D04-A0F5-4787DBD80E34 (resized).jpeg8BACA610-3F35-4E75-8044-65D50D79C7D7 (resized).jpeg8BACA610-3F35-4E75-8044-65D50D79C7D7 (resized).jpeg

#1716 1 year ago

At 6.5 degrees, the ball gets jammed behind the switch right below the bumper at the top left. I had to gently pry it out.

FDCA8EFE-2E88-44B1-AC89-49A04243518D (resized).jpegFDCA8EFE-2E88-44B1-AC89-49A04243518D (resized).jpeg
#1717 1 year ago

Sounds like the balls were jammed entering the staging coil. There's a mechanical adjustment to make to eliminate that (shifting a bracket with slotted mounting holes to mate perfectly with another bracket). See the support wiki for detailed instructions. That said, even when not perfectly adjusted, that jam should be extremely rare, and you can usually resolve it by going into Diagnostics -> Coils and manually hitting the vukDrain coil a few times quickly.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

In the down position, the flap at the ramp entrance is slightly lifted and a ball will get stuck at the bottom of hot lightly.

That can happen, yes. The springsteel isn't firmly attached to the static and moving parts of the playfield & ramp (so that it can slide to accommodate the movement) and therefore can get biased up a bit. A ball won't get stuck there unless it's a super slow roller (super rare) or bounces back from a hard side loop shot. Ball search will run and release it.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

At 6.5 degrees, the ball gets jammed behind the switch right below the bumper at the top left. I had to gently pry it out. [quoted image]

I think we've had one report of that before. Could be a side-to-side level issue, or it might just be the switch bracket needing to be adjusted (which it sounds like you did to resolve it).

- Gerry

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

In the down position, the flap at the ramp entrance is slightly lifted and a ball will get stuck at the bottom of hot lightly.

This happens on mine too. I think this is not usual and the ball search takes care of it fairly quickly.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

At 6.5 degrees, the ball gets jammed behind the switch right below the bumper at the top left. I had to gently pry it out. [quoted image]

Have not had this happen. Your stand-up target looks bent forward.

#1719 1 year ago

Have not had this happen. Your stand-up target looks bent forward.

Thank you both

Yes. Looking at the top target, it is slightly bent forward. I’ll adjust it.

Thanks

#1720 1 year ago

I infrequently have had the ball stick on the ramp flap. maybe 3-4 times. The ball search clears it.
I've also had the ball get stuck on the left pop bumper skirt once and it was wedged in there. Ball search did not clear it.

#1721 1 year ago

My flap is bent up also with the ramp down and I have had balls stuck,I would suggest a way to clear it more quickly than waiting for full ball search I suggest having that ramp move first so you can continue more quickly,

I also have a suggestion for the super cool spiral ramp.i have used plexus many many time on all pinball materials with out issue and I put some on the ball path to and on and up the ramp and holy smokes it helps a lot and on a clean shot it screams up and around.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1722 1 year ago

Got the email today! P3 with Weird Al should be done in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!

#1723 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Got the email today! P3 with Weird Al should be done in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait!

Well best of it to you !

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

What was your order date? Congrats on getting one soon

#1725 1 year ago

The first day Weird Al sales were opened. Early March, not sure the actual date. The original estimate was early October, so looks like they may meet or beat the estimated 2 month delay they notified everyone about earlier.

#1726 1 year ago

Finally got my email! woo!

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

The first day Weird Al sales were opened. Early March, not sure the actual date. The original estimate was early October, so looks like they may meet or beat the estimated 2 month delay they notified everyone about earlier.

Full p3, yes?

#1728 1 year ago

Wow so multimorphic is finally building day one orders. It's a fun game, everyone will enjoy it

#1730 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

That's good news. I was told early-mid October from day 1 preordering, so I must be getting close

#1731 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Finally got my email! woo!

what was your invoice number?

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:what was your invoice number?

Haven't gotten the final invoice yet; hoping later today.

#1733 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Haven't gotten the final invoice yet; hoping later today.

You got an invoice number when you put the deposit back in March. That seems to be the production order. JTgribble is 1322 and he was just notified the other day. I’m 1334.

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

You got an invoice number when you put the deposit back in March. That seems to be the production order. JTgribble is 1322 and he was just notified the other day. I’m 1334.

Gotcha. My invoice from back then was 1885 (Hey, BTTF III!). I only ordered the playfield though, so not sure if those invoices are tracked on a different sequence.

#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Sweet. I'm 1330. If they are going in order (for the base machine and Weird Al kit, since we know buying just the kit would be faster), then hopefully next week I get an email

Now if Stern can make my 007 Prem, this could be a great Xmas season

#1736 1 year ago

Dam I feel very lucky playing my module for a while now and it gets better all the time,I still find the right ramp assist,the spiral,all the divertors and the fun of stashing the balls behind the upper flippers so much fun.

Worth the wait for sure.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Dam I feel very lucky playing my module for a while now and it gets better all the time,I still find the right ramp assist,the spiral,all the divertors and the fun of stashing the balls behind the upper flippers so much fun.
Worth the wait for sure.

Stashing balls behind the upper flipper? Do tell!!

#1738 1 year ago

In a multiball you can stash a ball behind the right or left flipper or both if you can to control the action.there is a mode in heist that is about just that but right flipper only.

#1739 1 year ago

Curious what the wait time is between invoicing and delivery for those who just got a module? We will be out of town for thanksgiving so I wanted to make sure the timing works and my VERY curious neighbor doesn’t call me (again, for real) and say “these boxes came, I didnt know if you wanted me to open them, so I just went ahead and did”.

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Curious what the wait time is between invoicing and delivery for those who just got a module? We will be out of town for thanksgiving so I wanted to make sure the timing works and my VERY curious neighbor doesn’t call me (again, for real) and say “these boxes came, I didnt know if you wanted me to open them, so I just went ahead and did”.

I was invoiced and believe it was not more than a few weeks

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was invoiced and believe it was not more than a few weeks

Thanks! That kinda puts me right in the danger zone, but I'll survive Psyched to finally get this thing going! Planning a road trip to Albuquerque!

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've been paid in full for almost 2 months and not a peep from cointaker - last week was "soon" - which was from being on the line and ready to ship that week of 9/18/22.

So all bets are off.

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I've been paid in full for almost 2 months and not a peep from cointaker - last week was "soon" - which was from being on the line and ready to ship that week of 9/18/22.
So all bets are off.

I just got word that mine (just the WA module) is on the production line. I should be able to pick it up soon! Can't wait!

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So all bets are off.

Mine is coming directly from MM, so I'm not expecting it will be super long

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So all bets are off.

That's between you and cointaker.

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That's between you and cointaker.

Sure is... but MM informed cointaker that it was on the line and about ready to ship when it clearly wasn't.

I don't mind waiting for a quality game, I'm just tempering expectations of others that think early weird al buyers should start to see shipments. They are still backed up it seems.

#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Sure is... but MM informed cointaker that it was on the line and about ready to ship when it clearly wasn't.

Sorry; but you have a lot of faith in Cointaker...
Do you have proof that Multimorphic informed Cointaker you were next in line?
Time and Time again... often, distributors don't tell the truth to their customers.
All I'm saying is that my understanding is that the Multimorphic crew regularly demonstrates a keen awareness of what it's like to be a customer. They are very fast to support their customers and not blow smoke up our collective "rear-ends". They are open and upfront with us especially in cases like this.

I'd be very suspect that Cointaker isn't playing you for a fool (to coin a phrase). I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't telling you the real truth.

I do hope your machine is on the line... but I'd want them to prove it to be before "limitations" of your rights comes it to effect regarding your payment in full.

#1748 1 year ago

After Spooky blew their lead on a mediocre design I think Multiorphic is in the lead on customer sentiment.

Weird Al movie is great.

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

After Spooky blew their lead on a mediocre design I think Multiorphic is in the lead on customer sentiment.
Weird Al movie is great.

That is true until they announce sonic

#1750 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I don't mind waiting for a quality game, I'm just tempering expectations of others that think early weird al buyers should start to see shipments. They are still backed up it seems.

This isn't true. It currently takes a machine 2-3 weeks for production between time of paid invoice to boxed up on our dock, sometimes a few days less, some times a few days more. It doesn't take anywhere near 2 months to fulfill a fully paid order.

I don't know the specifics of your order (or your name), but I'll reach out to CT to find out the source of the confusion. Probably some cross signals somewhere. We'll get to the bottom of it.

- Gerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.