(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,733 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by May
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 55.
#1401 2 years ago

I can’t wait to post pics of the pf!!! Should ship “soon”!!!

#1402 2 years ago

Thanks Kevin/Gerry! I’ll star the other thread for future as well. Can’t wait to join the P3 club!

1 week later
#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

Went to Multimorphic today to pick up our LE after it got a good workout at TPF! We streamed it tonight and plan to do another stream tomorrow! So happy its finally home.
[quoted image]

What were the high scores from the show?

#1404 1 year ago

Waiting on the first module to. BE shipped!

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Waiting on the first module to. BE shipped!

I know! I'm excited to get the final invoice!

#1407 1 year ago

Woohoo! We never expected them to make a film in support of the game release!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Woohoo! We never expected them to make a film in support of the game release!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Your timing in this excellent theme is perfect.

#1409 1 year ago

I thought this was a theatrical release, but this is the next best thing: streaming for free on the Roku channel.

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Your timing in this excellent theme is perfect.

Only if the games start shipping soon! You want some out in the wild when the show airs so people will make the connection.

Yes.. I am anxious to get my game near the end of the year...

#1411 1 year ago

Weird Al is on freeplay at the Allentown PA show this weekend courtesy of Pinball Gallery (not me). It's awesome!

20220506_114421 (resized).jpg20220506_114421 (resized).jpg
#1412 1 year ago

Weird Al is on freeplay at the Allentown PA show this weekend courtesy of Pinball Gallery (not me). It's awesome!
[quoted image]

Holy crap!! Awesome. I hope to find a local place in California to get my hands on this for a bit.

I cannot make it to GSPF so I have to find it in the wild.

#1413 1 year ago

It was Sad it was not represented at Midwest Gaming Classic.

#1414 1 year ago

I’m 3 days late posting this, but I was very excited to get to play a game on Weird Al at Allentown this weekend!

It took me until ball 3 to remember to use the other flipper buttons to flip the upper flippers, whoops.

December can’t come soon enough!

3C78132F-0842-4FA9-9B10-F2EA39BD9D6D (resized).jpeg3C78132F-0842-4FA9-9B10-F2EA39BD9D6D (resized).jpeg
#1415 1 year ago

Every time I see new activity on this thread, I'm hoping that Multimorphic posted that the first group of Oct games are ready to ship in a couple weeks (super earlier than anticipated)
I've got my cash ready to go
Honestly, I think I am more excited about finally pulling the trigger on a P3 system more than the Weird Al game itself

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Every time I see new activity on this thread, I'm hoping that Multimorphic posted that the first group of Oct games are ready to ship in a couple weeks (super earlier than anticipated)
I've got my cash ready to go
Honestly, I think I am more excited about finally pulling the trigger on a P3 system more than the Weird Al game itself

What convinced you to finally pull the trigger? I’ve been loosely following P3’s systems, but have yet to put my hands on one.

I have limited space and I am in love with this concept of reuse.

For existing games, are rules for P3 games deep enough of what you kinda expect from dedicated machines?

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

What convinced you to finally pull the trigger? I’ve been loosely following P3’s systems, but have yet to put my hands on one.
For existing games, are rules for P3 games deep enough of what you kinda expect from dedicated machines?

Heist and Lexy Lightspeed have multiple modes, multiple multiballs, hurry ups, crazy wizard modes. Heist has so many different multiballs based on which characters you’ve collected, plus bonus add-ons when you finish the character modes. PLUS a wizard mode that is so hard I can not even get past the first phase!

I don’t remember the specifics of the Weird Al game but it is PACKED with modes, and at least 3 multiballs.

The arcade-y type games are shorter, obviously

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Holy crap!! Awesome. I hope to find a local place in California to get my hands on this for a bit.
I cannot make it to GSPF so I have to find it in the wild.

AYCE is going to have it within a week

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Unlike other manfacturers; Multimorphic takes pride in deep rule sets.
Lexy is/was very deep.
Can't speak for heist; but looks deep to me.

Cannon Lagoon was not deep; but it was a redemption style game.
CCR started off a little light IMHO; but when they added career mode it felt more fleshed out.
Sourcers apprentice is also pretty deep imho.

What've seen of Weird Al... makes me think it's also very deep. I imagine it will only get deeper as more games get into people's hands.

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

AYCE is going to have it within a week

Holy Crap!!! You made my day! I have yet to go there and the wife really wants to try the food.

It's a 2-in-1!! Would you know its the Van Nuys or West Hills (or both)?

Quoted from Zitt:

Unlike other manfacturers; Multimorphic takes pride in deep rule sets.
Lexy is/was very deep.
Can't speak for heist; but looks deep to me.
Cannon Lagoon was not deep; but it was a redemption style game.
CCR started off a little light IMHO; but when they added career mode it felt more fleshed out.
Sourcers apprentice is also pretty deep imho.
What've seen of Weird Al... makes me think it's also very deep. I imagine it will only get deeper as more games get into people's hands.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Heist and Lexy Lightspeed have multiple modes, multiple multiballs, hurry ups, crazy wizard modes. Heist has so many different multiballs based on which characters you’ve collected, plus bonus add-ons when you finish the character modes. PLUS a wizard mode that is so hard I can not even get past the first phase!
I don’t remember the specifics of the Weird Al game but it is PACKED with modes, and at least 3 multiballs.
The arcade-y type games are shorter, obviously

Thanks for feedback. I'm excited to try this out if AYCE can get their hands on one shortly. That is perfect timing as I am on the waiting list for next JJP game.

This could make me think twice of my next purchase. My kids are 8,5, and newborn coming... So, this game seems a good fit to provide simple/quick games and then switch to a more deep game for myself.

Wish I kept my crypto money in my bank I would not have to make a choice and get both instead.

#1421 1 year ago

I finally got to play a few games on Weird Al at Pinfest. Supposedly the unit they had will be moving to Pinball Gallery in Philadelphia, but call to confirm that before making a drive. Speaking with the owner, he recommends Heist as a sister module, followed by Cosmic Cart racing with the Sorcerer's apprentice module.

A couple of comments on the gameplay and machine.

It was fun! I had a hard time figuring out where to go to start modes, but overall the gameplay was fun and there was ALOT going on in that machine.

I only had 3 criticisms of the machine and bear in mind these are opinions.

1. The module does not have direct print and cleared artwork from what I can see. It has what appears to be a vinyl overlay serving as the artwork. It looked like what they had was also poorly cut. I did not grab a photo, but the cut for the inserts was not clean on the prototype example I saw. For lack of a better way of putting it, it looked like the holes for the inserts were stamped in the overlay and cut out with a couple of small hangers on. You know how when you cut parts out for model airplanes often times there is a little piece of plastic that is hanging on that sticks out? A couple of inserts looked like they had that. That is absolutely something that a picky owner like me could fix, but I am hoping that it gets fixed in quality control moving forward.

2. I was unimpressed with the bass on the system. I will be installing an external powered sub to mine when I receive it.

3. I HATE having the third and fourth flipper controlled by an extra button. I understand that can be changed in the menu settings.

4. The animations are not amazing, but I'd much rather them spend the budget on a few extra VUKs as opposed to putting a proper mustache on Weird Al.

Let me emphasize that if those are the biggest gripes I had on the machine, the machine itself must be fantastic. When starting modes, the playfield lights up to show you which shots you should be making. This makes the game EXTREMELY noob friendly.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the machine and the gameplay. As a Weird Al fan Multimorphic is delivering.

#1422 1 year ago

1. The module does not have direct print and cleared artwork from what I can see. It has what appears to be a vinyl overlay serving as the artwork. It looked like what they had was also poorly cut.

2. I was unimpressed with the bass on the system. I will be installing an external powered sub to mine when I receive it.

3. I HATE having the third and fourth flipper controlled by an extra button. I understand that can be changed in the menu settings.

4. The animations are not amazing, but I'd much rather them spend the budget on a few extra VUKs as opposed to putting a proper mustache on Weird Al.
Let me emphasize that if those are the biggest gripes I had on the machine, the machine itself must be fantastic. When starting modes, the playfield lights up to show you which shots you should be making. This makes the game EXTREMELY noob friendly.
Overall I am extremely impressed with the machine and the gameplay. As a Weird Al fan Multimorphic is delivering.

Glad you got to hang with the Pinball Gallery folks! They are a great team, and I believe one of the few east coast locations you can just walk in and find a P3.

Just a couple of observations:
ALL P3 playfields have the heavy duty vinyl overlay (vs the traditional printed/painted artwork and clear). I've had my P3 for going on close to 2 years now, TONS of plays, brought it to several shows. Not a scratch on it.

I'd definitely take ownership of the game before you spring for that powered sub. The P3 has the MOST bass of any game I own, including those I've added a PinWoofer to. It's selectable in each game (separate values stored for each game), and you can CRANK it. I can hear my P3 from the 3rd floor across the house, especially when the "Multimorphic" graphic comes on during attract. It's LOUD. Most likely they just didnt' have it turned up at PinFest.

Good point about the clear playfield directions - this is a key thing MM is very good at.

#1423 1 year ago

You should try ROCs with Scott Danesi's music in it before you dismiss the bass in the stock P3 system

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So I played Cannon Lagoon and Lexi years ago at Pintastic. Chatted with the Multi guys, got some good time in. However they were not for sale yet (still preorder) so I waited. Fast forward years later. More modules, more games, more machines out in the wild. I think Heist put me over the edge to get one but the opportunity for Weird Al got me to pull the trigger. The timing was perfect as I had just sold a Stranger Things Premium so I had more than enough fun cash to get it. My game room is a max capacity (to be comfortable up there with room for poker, game nights, parties, seating for tourneys and league, etc) so having the ability to change out playfields and change out software is a huge deal for me.

#1425 1 year ago

yeah; shows are NOT the way to experience the audio of ANY game.
Get some 1 time on the game(s) in a real setting before you make a decision.
The BASS on his game is definitely a rattle monster - unless you are expecting the kind of base response you get from a hoopty running a pair 16inch subs in the back seat of a honda civic.

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:2. I was unimpressed with the bass on the system. I will be installing an external powered sub to mine when I receive .

hehe...

I have the bass turned down to 25% or so, as I found the rattling annoying.

I've purchased some anti-rattle tape for the playfield glass, but haven't gotten around to installing it...

- Mark

#1427 1 year ago

Bass def can rattle the glass. Not something to scoff at - I think it must have been turned down on the model you played

#1428 1 year ago

I'm surprised there weren't more posts from the recent show the game was at. I really enjoyed my time on the game and I honestly thought I wasnt going to be alone once more people played it

#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm surprised there weren't more posts from the recent show the game was at. I really enjoyed my time on the game and I honestly thought I wasnt going to be alone once more people played it

I actually enjoyed watching the gameplay but chose not to play. I want my first experience to be with my LE (with the volume turned up) in my game room. It was also hard to hear the music and the call-outs with all the Pinfest noise - which i'm thinking is a big part of enjoying the Weird Al experience.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

It was also hard to hear the music and the call-outs with all the Pinfest noise - which i'm thinking is a big part of enjoying the Weird Al experience.

I never thought this would be an issue until I played Halloween. I thought "this isn't very...creepy or whatever..." and then I played it at a quiet location. 100% better.

I read somewhere that Al did 1300 callouts for this pin - is that a normal amount? It seems extraordinarily high.

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I never thought this would be an issue until I played Halloween. I thought "this isn't very...creepy or whatever..." and then I played it at a quiet location. 100% better.
I read somewhere that Al did 1300 callouts for this pin - is that a normal amount? It seems extraordinarily high.

Al did more than 2,000 callouts. From Pinball News:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1432 1 year ago

Shared some WAMONH production updates and new photos on our latest podcast. Here's the timestamp for that:

#1433 1 year ago

Got to play Weird Al LE at GSPF thanks to Shane at AYCE Gogi. It’s awesome of course. Gonna be a long wait to next March…

1 week later
#1434 1 year ago

I just received the following email from Multimorphic.

Thank you once again for your recent order. In addition to the shipping estimate we provided at the time of your order, we'll continue sending periodic updates about our manufacturing progress. Also feel free to contact us at any time by emailing [email protected].

With help from some of our customers and distributors, P3s have been available for play at a number of recent pinball shows in the US, and we're looking forward to shipping units overseas so that pinball fans everywhere can enjoy Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity (WAMONH) and the rest of the P3 game library.

Our primary focuses right now are growing our manufacturing team so we can increase production throughput, addressing any issues discovered in early shipments, and continuing to enhance the WAMONH software. While we're in good shape with parts inventory and managing the supply chain, we need to scale up faster in order to keep pace with our estimated ship dates. We're currently a couple of weeks behind with shipments of both machines and standalone playfields, but we hope to catch up to our estimates in the coming weeks.

We and 3rd-party P3 developers have recently released updates to nearly the entire P3 game library to add in support for the flipper upgrade kit and the motorized wall/scoop assembly, among other enhancements. If you already have a P3 and it's connected to the internet, you can read the release notes and update your games via Wi-Fi. Otherwise, just log into your account at https://www.multimorphic.com to download and install via USB.

The Multimorphic development team is working on a software update for Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity that will introduce the You Make Me mini-wizard mode, an enhanced UHF multiball, and a special Drink From The Firehose challenge. We've also made a number of minor changes and improvements based on feedback from early customers and players at shows, and we've added even more quotes from Weird Al (now over 2500).

We know you're all eager to get your games. We're eager them get them to you. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

#1435 1 year ago

Update:Now 2500 Quotes from Weird Al!!!!
Just amazing.

#1436 1 year ago

Have any modules been shipped?going on three months,no worries just wondering

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Have any modules been shipped?going on three months,no worries just wondering

The guys seem SUPER busy, so I am sure they are getting a lot done. And the code updates keep coming! I'm really interested in the new wall/scoop mechs, so hopefully those will be available once the bulk of the new stuff is shipped.

#1438 1 year ago
B85EA4E8-E035-491C-95BA-0CFCE619C3FB.gifB85EA4E8-E035-491C-95BA-0CFCE619C3FB.gif
#1439 1 year ago

New Kaneda and Zach anti-P3 rant coming in 5...4...3...2...1

My bets on Kaneda saying "Heighway v2"

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The guys seem SUPER busy, so I am sure they are getting a lot done. And the code updates keep coming! I'm really interested in the new wall/scoop mechs, so hopefully those will be available once the bulk of the new stuff is shipped.

I love upgrades and did the flippers kit but the walls I am Not so sure about ,I like the coil pop and the energy of the movement,I believe the new walls are lifted by sevros and could not be as immediate as a coil but I could be wrong and when available still could be on my wish list.

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

kaneda already has on facebook. multimorphic is a little bit different from your average pinball manufacturer. they dont have the same overhead, and they make money on boards whether they are building their own games or selling it to manufacturers.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love upgrades and did the flippers kit but the walls I am Not so sure about ,I like the coil pop and the energy of the movement,I believe the new walls are lifted by sevros and could not be as immediate as a coil but I could be wrong and when available still could be on my wish list.

I played Weird Al and I think another game at the Texas Pinball Festival. I'm not worried I like the energy of the walls popping up too, but I didnt' really miss it either. I think it's a great upgrade and it seems like it will be much easier to dial in your game perfectly.

#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

They just butt hurt. I don't listen to any of them because I don't value their negative slants to pinball.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I like the energy of the walls popping up too, but I didnt' really miss it either

I'm keeping my original p3 as-is for now. I'm betting the upgrade kit for the servo mech isn't cheap anyway

A couple of weeks behind isn't bad at all. Still need to go pick up my Flipper upgrade but life is keeping me and multimorphic busy

1 week later
#1444 1 year ago

Hey guys! Spoke with Gerry regarding additional songs to be added as well as modes. He was willing to hear it out and said it's possible if the demand is there. I for one as a huge WA fan would love to have some bigger hits on this game as there's some amazing ones that would kill as a mode. I started a poll thread a bit ago and would like to get peoples opinions on the idea. Multimorphic would be a great platform to squeeze out add on content to keep the game fresh and going after playing the same modes for a while.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/additional-songs-for-weird-al-s-pinball

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Hey guys! Spoke with Gerry regarding additional songs to be added as well as modes. He was willing to hear it out and said it's possible if the demand is there. I for one as a huge WA fan would love to have some bigger hits on this game as there's some amazing ones that would kill as a mode. I started a poll thread a bit ago and would like to get peoples opinions on the idea. Multimorphic would be a great platform to squeeze out add on content to keep the game fresh and going after playing the same modes for a while.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/additional-songs-for-weird-al-s-pinball

Al’s manager Jay is pretty easy to work with, according to Gerry, so it would seem interest and the cost-to-value ratio would be the determining factors. I’d prefer to see additional songs added to Flipper Foxtrot

#1446 1 year ago

I wonder how multimorphic would handle this DLC. Because they would have to pay to license the additional songs upfront I'm assuming. So do they bite the bullet, make what amounts to an expansion of weird Al, and then try to sell it? That's risky because not enough people may download it to pay for the work and licensing. And currently mini games are lost when the game is sold correct? I would never do that personally if an expansion were the same way

#1447 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’d prefer to see additional songs added to Flipper Foxtrot

Always happy to add more content (the base game and recent additions have more songs than the first four versions of Dance Dance Revolution, for comparison), though adding new songs is a significant time investment (five unique choreographies per song), and that time takes away from the next game I'm making.

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Always happy to add more content (the base game and recent additions have more songs than the first four versions of Dance Dance Revolution, for comparison), though adding new songs is a significant time investment (five unique choreographies per song), and that time takes away from the next game I'm making.

I know! Just letting you know we’re still playing - would be good to see other known songs (like how you added Scott’s TNA theme)

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know! Just letting you know we’re still playing - would be good to see other known songs (like how you added Scott’s TNA theme)

Absolutely! Thank you for playing, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

#1450 1 year ago

On the subject of added songs:

I just cast my vote in the poll, adding to the premium content lead.

That said, the poll didn't include my preferred solution: Allowing for user supplied songs to override the built-in songs.

I just checked my CD collection, I have 6 Weird Al CDs, that's a lot of possibilities...

BTW: I own:
Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits, Volume II
Running with Scissors
Poodle Hat
Mandatory Fun
Bad Hair Day

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,999 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,733 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/29?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.