(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4524 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 55.
#1201 2 years ago

Just under an hour to go until the stream.

#1202 2 years ago

Almost time!!!

200w.gif200w.gif
#1203 2 years ago

Looking up my twitch password now. Be there in plenty of time.

#1204 2 years ago

Looks sweet! The Germs mode with all the walls up was unique. Based off of ball times I've seen so far this game looks like it is going to be on the hard side. The harvey lock loots pretty cool too!

#1205 2 years ago

Grammar quiz in a pinball machine? Multiple choice answers? Sweet!

#1206 2 years ago

Game looks like a lot of fun. Each mode is like it’s own mini game. Lots to do and fun callouts

#1207 2 years ago

Looks great. Can’t wait to flip it at TPF!

#1208 2 years ago

I watched the stream for awhile. In all honesty, I thought it looked just okay. I wasn’t blown away by anything, but at the same time there wasn’t really anything off putting about it either. I’m sure it’s fun like most pins, but I’m not sure it’s a game changer for P3. With that being said, I am rooting for P3 and wish them nothing but success.

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I watched the stream for awhile. I’m not sure it is a game changer for P3.

I think it is. An advantage P3 has is the ability to display different playfield images for different modes in a game versus the fixed design of any normal playfield. This is the first P3 that takes full advantage of that AND it is a licensed pin with a built-in fan base.

#1210 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I watched the stream for awhile. In all honesty, I thought it looked just okay. I wasn’t blown away by anything, but at the same time there wasn’t really anything off putting about it either. I’m sure it’s fun like most pins, but I’m not sure it’s a game changer for P3. With that being said, I am rooting for P3 and wish them nothing but success.

Have you played a P3 with anything new like heist yet? That’s a major part, playing the games. Swapping playfields and realizing what the potential is

#1211 2 years ago

Watched the stream.
Can’t wait to get my LE!
Looks like one of the best Family themes pins ever.
Seems to have a ton of replay value.

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Watched the stream.
Can’t wait to get my LE!

Nice!

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Watched the stream.
Can’t wait to get my LE!

Build the biggest bologna sandwich you can!

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Have you played a P3 with anything new like heist yet? That’s a major part, playing the games. Swapping playfields and realizing what the potential is

I certainly understand the concept. Logically, it seems to make a lot of sense. However, it hasn’t caught on for whatever reason. Sometimes that’s just how things play out even for good ideas. I also think the potential should be realized (as opposed to realizing) at this point. P3 isn’t a new platform anymore. I think Heist appears to be a much better game than Weird Al. I obviously haven’t played Weird Al. I’ve only seen the stream. I guess the question is can P3 secure strong licenses. That’s the only way they are ever going to sell pins in a meaningful amount. Weird Al (a license, not a strong license) will sell more P3s but I’d have to think it’s in the hundreds and not thousands. Again, I root for all pinball including P3. I’m just offering my opinion as to how currently view the P3 landscape.

#1215 2 years ago

Fanatastic stream! Really looking forward to getting my game even more

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I certainly understand the concept. Logically, it seems to make a lot of sense. However, it hasn’t caught on for whatever reason. Sometimes that’s just how things play out even for good ideas. I also think the potential should be realized (as opposed to realizing) at this point. P3 isn’t a new platform anymore. I think Heist appears to be a much better game than Weird Al. I obviously haven’t played Weird Al. I’ve only seen the stream. I guess the question is can P3 secure strong licenses. That’s the only way they are ever going to sell pins in a meaningful amount. Weird Al (a license, not a strong license) will sell more P3s but I’d have to think it’s in the hundreds and not thousands. Again, I root for all pinball including P3. I’m just offering my opinion as to how currently view the P3 landscape.

Ya, you need to play one

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya, you need to play one

I’ve played a P3. The only thing I said was that I obviously haven’t played Weird Al. I don’t think anyone has other than the Buffalo guys.

#1218 2 years ago

Virtually endless possibilities can be achieved with the P3 platform. This system allows a great software team to do something truly amazing. This would have been really fun to see some of the greats like Lyman take a crack at programming a P3 game. Congratulations to the entire team at multimorphic I think this game looks fantastic. Sure there is room for improvement but I can say that with every pre release title. Happy to be in on an LE. Keep up the good work.

#1219 2 years ago

I’ve thought the P3 was a cool idea for a long time, but it hadn’t caught my eye enough to justify the cost. Weird Al is a dream theme for both my wife and I. We’ve been to many of his concerts and we were excited to be able to get in on an LE. After watching the stream, it can’t get here fast enough! I think Multimorphic did a great job and I’m really impressed at the shots and theme integration. Well done Gerry and team!

#1220 2 years ago

Pretty, pretty, slick.

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t think anyone has other than the Buffalo guys.

I have. Its funking awesome.
Glad I'm getting my LE package in a few months.
I wasn't in the steam because a much below average player.
Honestly, haven't listened to much weird Al, but that'll be changing over the next few months

It struck me as a pretty deep rule set. Pretty good for an initial release.

#1222 2 years ago

I did not watch the entire stream to see if this was brought up or not. What's the deal with the RGB side cabinet lights. It has the dream color chasing effect. Is this new? Will this be standard on new P3 machines? Is this an upgrade for new and old games? Can anyone shed some light on this topic? See what I did there. The lights look amazing!

Screenshot_20220320-004304_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220320-004304_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

What's the deal with the RGB side cabinet lights. It has the dream color chasing effect. Is this new? Will this be standard on new P3 machines? Is this an upgrade for new and old games?

The RGB side LEDs were added specifically for Heads up which hasn't been released yet.
From discussions I've had with Multimorphic they could be a factory option. But can't easily be added to existing machines as it requires drilling.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't an option for those buying new machines.
IIRC; you can add options to the machine when your machine starts on the assembly line; if I remember correctly.

#1224 2 years ago

Nice stream! Looking forward to playing this at TPF!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The RGB side LEDs were added specifically for Heads up which hasn't been released yet.
From discussions I've had with Multimorphic they could be a factory option. But can't easily be added to existing machines as it requires drilling.
I'd be surprised if that wasn't an option for those buying new machines.
IIRC; you can add options to the machine when your machine starts on the assembly line; if I remember correctly.

Thank you

#1226 2 years ago

Hey all -- thanks for tuning in to last night's stream! If you missed it live you can check out the Twitch VOD here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1430868216

A small piece of it got flagged and muted, so I'm working on that to get it up on YouTube. Once that's up I'll get that link posted here too.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’ve played a P3. The only thing I said was that I obviously haven’t played Weird Al. I don’t think anyone has other than the Buffalo guys.

I did back in December on the prototype.

Did you like heist?

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I did back in December on the prototype.
Did you like heist?

I did! I think Heist is great, but I also think Dialed In is great and that Houdini is a super cool theme. However, unfortunately in todays pin world, it is all about licensed themes, so I know I’m in the minority. I just don’t know if P3 can get a “big” theme. I know a lot of people are excited about Weird Al, but it is a niche theme. The other thing that is difficult to do with people in all facets of life is to change their habits and way of thinking. That’s what P3 needs to do and has been trying to do. It’s tough. Anyway, P3 is full of great ideas and great people. The concept makes sense, so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Weird Al (a license, not a strong license) will sell more P3s but I’d have to think it’s in the hundreds and not thousands. Again, I root for all pinball including P3.

I think it was the right size license for Multimorphic for cost and manufacture ramp up. With the Weird Al movie coming out, the timing is perfect. Besides, new titles in Multimorphic instantly create demand for older titles, including Weird Al in the future.

#1230 2 years ago

Considering the manufacturing backlog of apparently a year, the P3 wouldn't have been well served with a AAA license at this time. Weird Al was definitely the right title to take them to their next level.

I find with the Stern model, of AAA licenses, you need Stern manufacturing output because sales are so front loaded. You want to hit when the iron is hot and take advantage of the huge interest, which begins to wane over time.

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I did! I think Heist is great, but I also think Dialed In is great and that Houdini is a super cool theme. However, unfortunately in todays pin world, it is all about licensed themes, so I know I’m in the minority. I just don’t know if P3 can get a “big” theme. I know a lot of people are excited about Weird Al, but it is a niche theme. The other thing that is difficult to do with people in all facets of life is to change their habits and way of thinking. That’s what P3 needs to do and has been trying to do. It’s tough. Anyway, P3 is full of great ideas and great people. The concept makes sense, so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Lots of possibilities. I was reading over in the deeproot thread about the ongoing auction and trial. Kind of stuff makes for an interesting watch for an afternoon movie. I fell bad for all the folks swindled, but it is what it is and now is an opportune time to make fun of the entire debacle. What better way to bring that shit show to life but with a P3 game? I’d love to play a Bobby Does Beaumont (Prison). My shots determine what charges are brought. Shoot through the game to start proceeding and review real SEC evidence. Callouts from trial-over-phone and earlier braggadocio interviews from R Mueller. Wizard mode is sentencing time. How will Bobby emerge? btw - I got this idea watching the trial mode of Weird Al. That ‘s pretty cool.

My only complaint from watching the stream was I don’t think the graphics are cutting edge enough nor are they rendered stylistically on par with a modern video game. Seems more like something I could have done and I suck at creating art. For instance, if you compare a screen shot of entire Weird Al playfield when a mode is started to a screen shot of PinballFX or Zen Pinball, you may notice the P3 rendering falls short. I don’t know how one would go about doing art better, but if it was improved drastically, I’d be interested in buying one. As it is, I certainly look forward to playing one soon.

#1232 2 years ago

Saw some of the stream - I thought it looked really interesting and fun. Not a theme for me but congrats P3 and I look forward to playing it.

Code looked solid and looks to be a good showcase of what unique abilities the p3 brings to the table. It’s too bad you can’t bring things closer to the flippers but maybe that’s part of the next iteration. I liked those loop shots back to the flipper, nice top left flipper to ramp action and all the movement of ramps and toys. Diverted action looked good too

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

All a theme takes is money and (sometimes) a demonstration of the capability to produce. Think about Alien. MM is doing the smart thing by grabbing up a theme with a very intense fan base but which is at a size they are able to grow into. Imagine if they took on a theme like … say, a well-known internationally successful horror franchise. Baby steps. They have to be able to produce the machines in a reasonable schedule without requiring investment which squashes the profit margin.

#1234 2 years ago

stream was great. The extra flippers really help make that upper 1/3 playfield have more shots. I always knew the screen was interactive but it's never really been implemented very well until heist, and now this. The weasel boot stomping, the "Milton bradley operation" like a surgeon, the word crimes (matching the shot with the correct answer). Not to mention how many times modes got stacked (weasel stomping with hardware store multiball). This is gonna be a deep fun game.

#1235 2 years ago

The best part so far is that there are callouts for when you skip a mode intro ... "ah well I guess you already know everyhing" or "sure, I'll just get out of your way".
Rules and presentation are really good in general. Well done.

Also that side ramp is giving me some real RAZA vibes with how often it rejects.

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from proco:

s giving me some real RAZA vibes with how often it rejects.

It’s not a gimme shot but it’s super satisfying when you hit it. I went 3/3 on it for skill shots during one of my games last night so maybe those other guys just need to git gud

#1237 2 years ago

I saw spatulas awarded, and I saw and heard comments about Spatula City. Did Spatula City get into the game? That was my answering machine message while in college (before voicemail was big LOL)

spatula (resized).jpgspatula (resized).jpg
#1238 2 years ago

I'm excited with everything I saw last night and the game can't come soon enough! The trick with dare to be stupid multiball jackpots being worth nothing until you respin the wheel is hilarious and I can definitely see myself draining before doing it. Great job Multimorphic!

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from PfRedflyer:

I'm excited with everything I saw last night and the game can't come soon enough! The trick with dare to be stupid multiball jackpots being worth nothing until you respin the wheel is hilarious and I can definitely see myself draining before doing it. Great job Multimorphic!

I need to watch that part of the stream again - I couldn't hear the callouts. fingers crossed gedde watanabe yelling "STUPID!" made it into the game.

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My only complaint from watching the stream was I don’t think the graphics are cutting edge enough nor are they rendered stylistically on par with a modern video game.

I thought the graphics were really well done. There is a crazy amount of movement and detail in the pop-ups and other awards that fly across the screen. Obviously, a lot of thought and hard work has gone into them. All the artwork, from the backgrounds, to pop-ups to the fonts, have the same fun style and are really well executed. I guess you either have crazy high expectations or are focusing on the Al figure which has a particular style of animation you don't like.

Quoted from Krupps4:

I just don’t know if P3 can get a “big” theme.

I honestly don't know why they would want a "bigger" theme at this time (I actually think Weird Al is a pretty big theme). It has generated a huge amount of interest and they already have enough orders to last them well into next year.

#1241 2 years ago

Dammit I screwed up again and spread miracle whip on the lawn instead of mayonnaise for weasel stomping day.

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I thought the graphics were really well done. There is a crazy amount of movement and detail in the pop-ups and other awards that fly across the screen. Obviously, a lot of thought and hard work has gone into them. All the artwork, from the backgrounds, to pop-ups to the fonts, have the same fun style and are really well executed. I guess you either have crazy high expectations or are focusing on the Al figure which has a particular style of animation you don't like.

I honestly don't know why they would want a "bigger" theme at this time (I actually think Weird Al is a pretty big theme). It has generated a huge amount of interest and they already have enough orders to last them well into next year.

Yes and no on the art. There are some things I like - and I agree it’s clear a lot of work has gone into it. There’s some cool stuff for sure. But parts of it are the weakest link here I think, on an otherwise great looking game. The traffic mode cars need some work. The corporate mode seemed a little too white. Talking Al reminds me of south park .. I guess it works here in a goofy way but his arms swinging back and forth.. another art and animator working on this and I think it could get a lot of needed polish on the next title.

That said, I love that the uhf theme is so prominent and all the mechs and layout look like a ton of fun. Glad to see the first licensed title do so well for multimorphic

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I don’t think a bigger theme makes sense for P3 at this point in time, so I agree with you. However, I’m not sure Weird Al has generated “a huge amount” of interest. Maybe huge as it relates to P3, but I don’t consider it to be huge relative to other pin releases. In any event, Weird Al is definitely P3’s biggest release to date. Congrats to them and for everyone that is excited about it. It’s just not for me.

#1244 2 years ago

YouTube stream archive is now up! Thanks again to Gerry and the team for having me out, I had a blast.

#1245 2 years ago

Watched the stream. Really impressed by the code, animations and music, as well as overall execution.
I'm a little concerned about the flipper strength and some of the long shots. Is that a valid concern? Is the coil strength adjustable? Seems like some of the shots are really tough to hit.
I'm looking forward to playing at TPF. If there was one more licensed theme I was really into, I feel like I'd have to pull the trigger on one.

#1246 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm a little concerned about the flipper strength and some of the long shots. Is that a valid concern? Is the coil strength adjustable? Seems like some of the shots are really tough to hit.

Flipper strength isn't an issue on any other module, especially with the flipper upgrade kit, and I'd expect this to play just as well. The coil strength, and hold strength, is adjustable as well, on a per-coil basis.

#1247 2 years ago

Thank you, follow up question. Do the upper flippers utilize a separate button? I just noticed they didnt fire at the same time as the lower, is that from smart ball tracking or utilizing one of the 2 other cabinet buttons?

#1248 2 years ago

It's "innovation."

#1249 2 years ago

HUGE thanks to Kevin Manne for putting this stream together. We all had a great time (especially watching Kevin eat that Twinkie Wiener Sandwich), and it looks like the game presented really well.

It's hard to explain how much work has gone into this game so far. A lot of people poured their lives into it over the last year. We really wanted to present a mature game at launch, and I think we succeeded. There's still work to do, but even the first people to receive their games (the first customer shipment is already on the way) will enjoy a rich experience with really deep code.

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Watched the stream. Really impressed by the code, animations and music, as well as overall execution.

Thank you!

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

No need to be concerned. We had no problems with any of the long shots on the game, and the flipper power was set to 24 of 30. The only exception was the spiral ramp, which was unfortunately due to a software glitch that happened early in the stream that caused one scoop to be a bit high and make the ball hop a bit on its way to the spiral. Since Kevin hit it cleanly on *every* skillshot attempt during the team game, we didn't readjust it, but we should have. And, we've already put in a fix for the issue. The spiral is a dream to shoot when the scoop isn't too high.

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm looking forward to playing at TPF. If there was one more licensed theme I was really into, I feel like I'd have to pull the trigger on one.

Fair warning, the build queue has already grown since launch day. If you think you'll want a machine down the road, best to get into the build queue as early as possible. We'll continue growing our MFG presence to try to keep up with demand and shorten the lead times, but knowing what we have in the pipeline, I wouldn't expect interest to lapse. Also, we only ask for a deposit up front and no additional payment until your machine is on the line.

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Thank you, follow up question. Do the upper flippers utilize a separate button? I just noticed they didnt fire at the same time as the lower, is that from smart ball tracking or utilizing one of the 2 other cabinet buttons?

There's a software option to configure it either way. All flippers can fire with the same button, or you can have the upper 3 flippers on the white buttons and the lower ones on the red buttons, which is how it was configured on the stream (and how many of us prefer it).

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#1250 2 years ago

Thank you for those answers and explanation. Makes me feel a lot better. Really looks like a blast and I feel like my kids would especially enjoy the platform as they spend more time on our VPins than our 15 physical machines. They really like the integrated stuff they get on the Zen studios games and I feel like this is a great combination of the physical experience with the virtual animations etc. Will probably go ahead and get in the queue at/after the show. Congrats on the excellent release and thank you again.
-Nash

Quoted from gstellenberg:

Fair warning, the build queue has already grown since launch day. If you think you'll want a machine down the road, best to get into the build queue as early as possible. We'll continue growing our MFG presence to try to keep up with demand and shorten the lead times, but knowing what we have in the pipeline, I wouldn't expect interest to lapse. Also, we only ask for a deposit up front and no additional payment until your machine is on the line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
11,500 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,731 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/25?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.