(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,568 posts
  • 242 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9831 (resized).jpg
Weird Al.jpg
4BAE303C-CC66-4BBF-B7B2-911366F0EC08 (resized).jpeg
WAMONH_SU_HD_v3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
wonder wheel.gif
weird_al_alanis (resized).png
29AE353A-07A8-44E5-8E54-7D8373919E97 (resized).jpeg
96265012-FE19-423E-AE93-D715E1625F32 (resized).jpeg
01D60A04-DBA9-40CC-B843-D5A83AA8C6AE (resized).jpeg
lulz.gif
phase1-collect-underpants.gif
B85EA4E8-E035-491C-95BA-0CFCE619C3FB.gif
3C78132F-0842-4FA9-9B10-F2EA39BD9D6D (resized).jpeg
20220506_114421 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 32.
#1001 5 months ago

Any word on when the machine will be streamed?

#1002 5 months ago
Quoted from adborto:

Happy to be in on Weird Al. I also added Heist, Cannon and Lexi along with a few mini games. I have two young children and for them to be able to play Cannon and Barnyard.... that is a huge win. I hope P3 gets them a little more involved in the hobby - along with my better half!
Gerry - Please go after more 80's themes... Yes we want them! Congrats too.

My hope too!

#1003 5 months ago

WAMOH-LE confirmed (plus CRC and will get SA). Through distro. Will get Heist down the line. Can’t believe how excited I am for this!

#1004 5 months ago

Evil Dead ? Revenge of the Nerds? They Live? Rock Horror?
Frightnight...

#1005 5 months ago

Super stoked but now reality is sinking in and I'm realizing I probably won't receive my game until 2023. They are already 6-8 months behind on producing the P3 platform and now with hundreds of orders on top it'll be a looooong time until some folks get their game.

Pretty sure the people who only bought the module will get it soon though.

#1006 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Super stoked but now reality is sinking in and I'm realizing I probably won't receive my game until 2023. They are already 6-8 months behind on producing the P3 platform and now with hundreds of orders on top it'll be a looooong time until some folks get their game.
Pretty sure the people who only bought the module will get it soon though.

Is it that far out? I could swing $2000 today to reserve a spot for a P3 + Weird Al. I can't find $12k+, but if I wanted to lock myself into the production line...Maybe I need to reach out.

#1007 5 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is it that far out? I could swing $2000 today to reserve a spot for a P3 + Weird Al. I can't find $12k+, but if I wanted to lock myself into the production line...Maybe I need to reach out.

I have no idea what the production schedule is, but invoice math shows a little over 550 sales. If this is true, and they cranked out 10 machines per week... you are looking at over a year. On top of that, if they really are 6 months behind in the queue... I would expect manufacturing to pick up based off of economies of scale with the large numbers of orders they just got. I do not see any scenerio where P3 already had more than 100 machines on backorder (probably 20-50 if I had to guess).

With that said, I think I am fairly early in the Weird Al queue and would be surprised if I got it by Thanksgiving. Thrilled but surprised.

#1008 5 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I have no idea what the production schedule is, but invoice math shows a little over 550 sales. If this is true, and they cranked out 10 machines per week... you are looking at over a year. On top of that, if they really are 6 months behind in the queue... I would expect manufacturing to pick up based off of economies of scale with the large numbers of orders they just got. I do not see any scenerio where P3 already had more than 100 machines on backorder (probably 20-50 if I had to guess).
With that said, I think I am fairly early in the Weird Al queue and would be surprised if I got it by Thanksgiving. Thrilled but surprised.

I wasn't aware of the backlog either. I was searching threads about Multimorphic yesterday and came across a post made this week by a guy who ordered his P3 in Sept. Still hasn't received his final invoice.

#1009 5 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Well using your math for number of games per week, they likely have more than 20-50 currently on backorder. Leadtime was quoted on the website was 16-18 weeks at a minimum. So 4 months x 4 weeks/month x 10 games a week = 160 games. They have a separate line for playfields is my understanding, the holdup is the machines.

All speculation on my part. I ordered in November and won't get my game until June

#1010 5 months ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497239890571190/posts/2789166984711801/

My P3 is listed in case there's any aussies hankering for a Weird AL.

#1011 5 months ago

Reasonable email reply the day after pre-orders. So far so good.

#1012 5 months ago

Stealing thunder from Gerry / Multimoprhic ... all orders should have a email in your inbox.

Excerpts:
"
We expect to be ready to email everyone again either late this week or early next week with estimated shipping timeframes.

While we will be scaling up our operations to meet the production demand and significantly increasing our throughput, it will still take a while to work through all orders and get everyone their machines. Therefore, to make sure you are comfortable with your estimated timeframe, you will have 24 hours after receiving that estimate to decide to back out of your order for a refund of the deposit. The choice is entirely up to you. We will be focused on ramping up production and getting you all your games.
"

#1013 5 months ago

Email I received

Hi all,

We wanted to wish you a sincere thank you for your interest in the new Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity game kit for our P3 Pinball Platform. Welcome to everyone who's buying a new machine, and thank you to all of our returning customers. Yesterday was a whirlwind for all of us. Unsurprisingly, most of your order requests hit immediately at 9am CST, right as orders opened. We processed every request in the order received and now want to make extra sure that everyone gets all of their questions answered and understands our process for building and shipping the games.

Having already received deposit payments from most of you, we're now planning our long-term manufacturing logistics. We expect to be ready to email everyone again either late this week or early next week with estimated shipping timeframes.

While we will be scaling up our operations to meet the production demand and significantly increasing our throughput, it will still take a while to work through all orders and get everyone their machines. Therefore, to make sure you are comfortable with your estimated timeframe, you will have 24 hours after receiving that estimate to decide to back out of your order for a refund of the deposit. The choice is entirely up to you. We will be focused on ramping up production and getting you all your games.

Regarding payments, the deposit is all we'll need until your games hit the production line. At that point, we'll reach out to you to finalize all associated details and confirm any add-on components or additional game kits you might want, whether or not we've already talked about it.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We are a company that prides ourselves on transparency and customer service. If for some reason we do not respond in a timely manner, please resend your inquiry in a day or so.

Thank you again for your orders and for supporting our efforts.

- Gerry Stellenberg
Multimorphic, Inc.

#1014 5 months ago

So it begins... Multimorphic has finally made it; their first scalper/flipper situation. And it is a (semi) local no less.

scalper (resized).png
#1015 5 months ago
Quoted from JRocket:

So it begins... Multimorphic has finally made it; their first scalper/flipper situation. And it is a (semi) local no less.
[quoted image]

I looked up the ad to see if it had more info, but it didn't. I wonder if this is strictly the LE components or if it also includes the base Weird Al game kit? If the latter, this seller is still trying to make a quick $3200. If the former, $5000. Either way, flipping a MM game sans platform is a whole lot less hassle than moving a whole pin. I plan on keeping mine, but I do admire the chutzpah.

#1016 5 months ago
Quoted from JRocket:

[quoted image]

Beat me to it.

#1018 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1497239890571190/posts/2789166984711801/
My P3 is listed in case there's any aussies hankering for a Weird AL.

If only you were closer or I was able to fly
Great days ahead

#1019 5 months ago
Quoted from JRocket:

[quoted image]

Location is Borene (TX?), I can guess who this is.

#1020 5 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wasn't aware of the backlog either. I was searching threads about Multimorphic yesterday and came across a post made this week by a guy who ordered his P3 in Sept. Still hasn't received his final invoice.

I just waited 12 months for Alien with roller coaster of emotions, so yeh I’m setting expectations very low…under promise snd overdeliver is my recommendation for MM

#1021 5 months ago

I'm curious how Gerry ramps up production. It was one thing when he was selling low volume tables.. Guessing Heist probably sold a couple hundred. Now with that on backlog on top of selling potentially 500 weird al games between standard and LE, he's gonna need some help for sure. Of course once you become a pinball manufacturer, as many say "especially Ben Heck".. You have to constantly feed that Beast to keep your employees busy with work (IE you need to be working on the next big title so there's more work when your current games finish building).

#1022 5 months ago

I know Gerry personally; although we haven't talked for a few weeks... I can tell you if I was in his shoes - I'd be freaked out and super excited at the same time. Knowing him; I'm sure he'd put a positive spin on those emotions. But he would take the responsibility to do the best he could to exceed his own expectations.

That said; the pinball world is notoriously cruel at times.
I know some people will have simply unrealistic expectations that he won't be able to meet or exceed.

At the end of the day; what matters to me is:
1) a quality product is delivered
2) he has enough revenue to fully fund Game #6 with gusto.

#1023 5 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sigh
So much hate:[quoted image]

Why the hate? Those are authorized distributors selling at MSRP

#1024 5 months ago
Quoted from pmppk:

Why the hate? Those are authorized distributors selling at MSRP

Fair point. I didn't click the links because I didn't want to give them a view.

#1025 5 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I know Gerry personally; although we haven't talked for a few weeks... I can tell you if I was in his shoes - I'd be freaked out and super excited at the same time. Knowing him; I'm sure he'd put a positive spin on those emotions. But he would take the responsibility to do the best he could to exceed his own expectations.
That said; the pinball world is notoriously cruel at times.
I know some people will have simply unrealistic expectations that he won't be able to meet or exceed.
At the end of the day; what matters to me is:
1) a quality product is delivered
2) he has enough revenue to fully fund Game #6 with gusto.

game 6 game 6!! heck we have to clarify, is it modules or download games MM could have a few games out in a year!

#1026 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

game 6 game 6!! heck we have to clarify, is it modules or download games MM could have a few games out in a year!

Would be great to see a snowball effect...more pins in the wild -> more third party games -> more demand for pins -> ...

Also, I saw you are in Duluth. We really enjoyed our time at the Jade Fountain (cocktail bar) when we were there. We were the only two in there and chatted up the owner. My girlfriend ended up designing some glasses for him...we have a wide open bar tab now for the next time we visit.

#1027 5 months ago

MMs modular business is great in that new customers starting with Weird Al's are now a potential customer base for all their previous modules, like Heist and Lexy. But with Weird Al being their first licensed theme, it begs the question for how long are they licensed to make and sell Weird Al? Say five (or more) years from now someone buys their first P3 system with the new game they release at that time, but wants to add Weird Al as a second module. For how long does MM have the license?

#1028 5 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

MMs modular business is great in that new customers starting with Weird Al's are now a potential customer base for all their previous modules, like Heist and Lexy. But with Weird Al being their first licensed theme, it begs the question for how long are they licensed to make and sell Weird Al? Say five (or more) years from now someone buys their first P3 system with the new game they release at that time, but wants to add Weird Al as a second module. For how long does MM have the license?

I want to buy a KISS Premium. My guess is that buyer would be in the same boat I'm in. SOL or find a used one.

#1029 5 months ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Would be great to see a snowball effect...more pins in the wild -> more third party games -> more demand for pins -> ...
Also, I saw you are in Duluth. We really enjoyed our time at the Jade Fountain (cocktail bar) when we were there. We were the only two in there and chatted up the owner. My girlfriend ended up designing some glasses for him...we have a wide open bar tab now for the next time we visit.

oh, small world. Did you have fun up here? Lots of weird local niche places to go and enjoy! PInball is pretty weak but I help a couple locations out.

I'm hoping the P3 gets more and more in the wild. everyone I've had over to try really like it.

#1031 5 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

WAMOH-LE confirmed (plus CRC and will get SA). Through distro. Will get Heist down the line. Can’t believe how excited I am for this!

This ugly WAMOH-LE acronym seems ridiculously unnecessary when simply typing WEIRD AL-LE takes exactly one extra keystroke.

#1032 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This ugly WAMOH-LE acronym seems ridiculously unnecessary when simply typing WEIRD AL-LE takes exactly one extra keystroke.

I don't care either way but

WAMOH-LE = 8 keystrokes
WEIRD AL-LE = 11 keystrokes

#1033 5 months ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Evil Dead ? Revenge of the Nerds? They Live? Rock Horror?
Frightnight...

I'll second Evil Dead!

#1034 5 months ago

if Wizard of Oz can become WOZ why couldn't this become WAL, for brevity.

#1035 5 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

if Wizard of Oz can become WOZ why couldn't this become WAL, for brevity.

Go with it. WAL LE

#1036 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I vote WAM, leaves room for suffixes.

WAM
WAMLE

#1037 5 months ago

If we can have CFTBL and RBION we can have WAMONH!

#1038 5 months ago

WAL! Easy type!

#1039 5 months ago

Why not just WA and WALE?

#1040 5 months ago

An abbreviation doesn't NEED to be an acronym. I will likely just use Al.

#1041 5 months ago

Agreed — AL is perfect, imo.

#1042 5 months ago

What if Weird Al isn’t really weird, but he’s just a little different Al?

#1043 5 months ago

That would be weird.

#1044 5 months ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Agreed — AL is perfect, imo.

In that case maybe AL and ALE

#1045 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If WAMOH-LE bothers you that much that I’m def stickin with WAMOH-LE.

WAMOH-LE WAMOH-LE WAMOH-LE

#1046 5 months ago

WAL

#1047 5 months ago

All I think of when I see this

G’damn thing would knock you unconscious if the cap fell off

FD5B897B-A63D-4A1D-93DB-C095EE28D744 (resized).png
#1048 5 months ago

Keep in mind Multimorphic uses a contract manufacturer to make their games, so it’s on them to ramp up to meet demand, and since that is their entire business, it’s likely to happen very quickly.

#1049 5 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Keep in mind Multimorphic uses a contract manufacturer to make their games, so it’s on them to ramp up to meet demand, and since that is their entire business, it’s likely to happen very quickly.

Mmmm you sure?

#1050 5 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Unless something changed, they make them in their own factory

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
There are 1,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!