(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
20230804_113638 (resized).jpg
WAMONH first play (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 55.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I keep trying to invite myself over to the manufacturing site... for "lunch"... to spy something...
but I keep getting turned down for "covid" reasons.

Probably terrified you'll step on a gum wrapper and start a "Multimorphic tried to kill me!" thread.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Probably terrified you'll step on a gum wrapper and start a "Multimorphic tried to kill me!" thread.

LOL WOT?

#53 2 years ago

Unsure if he's trolling me or trying to be funny.
Eitherway; not amused.

#55 2 years ago

FYI - P3 discussions are pretty active on the P3 discord channel: https://discord.gg/Wun35jd

I'm sure discussions will pick up here significantly when we start talking more about the new game(s) and things we're working on, but if you want to talk in real-time with existing owners and get their impressions... check out the discord channel.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#56 2 years ago

Can’t wait!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

...when we start talking more about the new game(s) and things we're working on...

I still don't know how you're going to get 85 ramps into one single playfield module, but I'm excited to see it!

2 weeks later
#58 2 years ago

hmmm do you think it is a tv, movie, video game, book? is there something that would have/need some phat beats by scott?

#59 2 years ago

Hope its a movie/tv theme that also inspires more people to buy a P3 . As it’s really an awsome and super easy platform!

No music theme please

#60 2 years ago

I *think* Scott's music is in SilverFalls; right?
Not in the "licensed" title which is next from Mulimorphic.

#61 2 years ago

I think you are correct . But he is working on the audio package for the new licensed game. If it has his music in there I don’t know .

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I *think* Scott's music is in SilverFalls; right?
Not in the "licensed" title which is next from Mulimorphic.

Quoted from AMSNL:

I think you are correct . But he is working on the audio package for the new licensed game. If it has his music in there I don’t know .

From my understanding Scott did music for silver falls and the licensed game coming next from MM

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Hope its a movie/tv theme that also inspires more people to buy a P3 . As it’s really an awsome and super easy platform!
No music theme please

Hahaha, I was just joking to Ryan that I “really” wanted a dad band game on p3 :-p

#64 2 years ago

FYI - P3 discussions are pretty active on the P3 discord channel: https://discord.gg/Wun35jd
I'm sure discussions will pick up here significantly when we start talking more about the new game(s) and things we're working on, but if you want to talk in real-time with existing owners and get their impressions... check out the discord channel.
- Gerry

Gerry,
I've really been checking out your games recently via videos. I've only played a Lexy a couple of times at a show. Any idea if you will be running a special like you did with Heist when it was released? Looking forward to seeing the new game.

-RC

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I was just joking to Ryan that I “really” wanted a dad band game on p3 :-p

Rush would be a perfect fit for P3.

#66 2 years ago

I’d really like to try one. Any locations in Colorado have one of these?

#67 2 years ago

Dear lord, please no music pin. I kinda don't even care who the band is and whether I like the music or not. The whole jukebox approach feels so played out (and I wasn't into it at the beginning anyway). SO many more interesting ways to go than another dad band.

Thankfully, I'm assuming the licensed theme is not a band, since I believe it has Scott working on the music.

And yes, Scott laying down some sick Danesi beats is way different than listening to the same band lyrics/chorus OVER and OVER. I'll never get tired of hearing TNA's music, but every band game I've played has gotten old quickly.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Dear lord, please no music pin. I kinda don't even care who the band is and whether I like the music or not. The whole jukebox approach feels so played out

The P3 is an ideal platform for bands that aren't popular enough to sell a couple hundred games on their own. Build one upper module with a stage and use software for band assets.

I'd love to retheme the Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth module into Megadeth. Hanger 18 wizard mode anyone?

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The P3 is an ideal platform for bands that aren't popular enough to sell a couple hundred games on their own. Build one upper module with a stage and use software for band assets.

Fair enough, that's a general benefit of the platform. Aftermarket people making software-only band games sounds like a great application (although due to licensing issues, I can't see this ever happening).

I just don't really want a band game, even of my favorite bands. If I listened to a small handful of my favorite songs every time I played pinball, they wouldn't be my favorite songs for very long.

#70 2 years ago

I'd love to retheme the Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth module into Megadeth. Hanger 18 wizard mode anyone?

That’s actually a pretty frickin’ great idea!

#71 2 years ago

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s actually a pretty frickin’ great idea!

In theory this sounds cool (aside from the fact that I don't want a band game), but I can't see it ever happening. Everything we've heard from other pinball companies regarding license-holder involvement is that they want their fingers in practically all aspects - which isn't surprising. Your "one playfield for multiple bands" premise assumes that you could create the playfield with no involvement from the bands, and then they're all willing to just let you slap their assets on something they didn't help design. I don't do pinball licensing, so I'm not saying it couldn't happen, it just goes against everything we've heard about the struggles other companies have had with licensor approvals.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Everything we've heard from other pinball companies regarding license-holder involvement is that they want their fingers in practically all aspects - which isn't surprising. Your "one playfield for multiple bands" premise assumes that you could create the playfield with no involvement from the bands, and then they're all willing to just let you slap their assets on something they didn't help design.

We haven't seen music pins involving smallish market bands. It's an untapped market so far because development cost mostly can't be amortized across multiple tables. With the P3 it can be.

Technology has changed the way music is made and marketed. Bands can make records in home studios now and tour profitably using clubs and a solid social media strategy.

How re-usable could one make the video assets for a P3 game? Could you go so far as base characters with changeable faces, clothing, and instruments? What other custom assets to make a game appealing to a fan base? Could you flip the script and make the base module easy enough you could license it to the band and let them put their own assets on it?

1 week later
#73 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Been keen on P3 since launch, then almost pulled the trigger with Heist, until the whole Covid mess hit last year. Very tempted to order now….especially now since our dollar has regained some strength.
What’s the lead time on shipping at the moment gstellenberg ?

Just ordered this morning, Gerry said it's blown out to 3 months lead time. Still much shorter than the two Sterns i am cancelling to fund it that weren't to ship till next year.

#74 2 years ago

I so wish for an Assassins' Creed pinball machine (don't play video machines, but loved the movie) and i think this would be a perfect platform for it with the screen on the lower playfield showing you moving through rooms and climbing buildings etc.

What a blast that would be!

If it's not the next, please consider it down the queue Gerry?

#76 2 years ago

Maybe a new CCR update / new game for the CCR module also

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Maybe a new CCR update / new game for the CCR module also

No. I get the impression this is a new game with new pf modules... Licensed.
That Said, im probably wrong

Ie it wouldn't make since to blow licensing dollars at and existing playfeild module.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ie it wouldn't make since to blow licensing dollars at and existing playfeild module.

There's 2 things - one is the new game - most likely a new playfield, as you mentioned. But the other surprise thing might be a code update, or a new game. Guess we'll find out ... soon?

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You're right about being wrong!

The licensed theme will be announced when it's ready; the image wasn't a teaser for that. We're working on quite a few other things too... all of which we're excited to reveal.

- Gerry

#80 2 years ago

I predict that this next game will be a smaller-scale relatively affordable license like Alice Cooper or Heavy Metal, and that many pinsiders who are expecting highly sought after licenses like E.T. or Bill and Ted will fly into a blind rage out of sheer incomprehension when they learn of this.

Perhaps it will be a more affordable version of a popular license, like doing a The Mask pinball machine, but basing it on the comic book and not the movie. Just an example to illustrate my point.

If I'm speculating based on what licenses would go well with Danesi techno music, then I guess Doom. Or something sci-fi. Battlestar Galactica, Rogue Trooper, Lost in Space, Fantastic Voyage, Escape from New York, Akira, or The Thing. Actually, The Thing might be too expensive. I'd be kind of impressed if they got that one. I don't know how much it would cost to license Akira.
If I'm speculating based on the assumption that "the L-word" actually IS a hint, then Scott Pilgrim. (probably not a hint)

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

what licenses would go well with Danesi techno music, then I guess Doom.

Command & Conquer would make a great pin.

#82 2 years ago

You're right about being wrong!

Often the case. Happy to be wrong. Now; where's my checkbook?

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I predict that this next game will be a smaller-scale relatively affordable license like Alice Cooper or Heavy Metal, and that many pinsiders who are expecting highly sought after licenses like E.T. or Bill and Ted will fly into a blind rage out of sheer incomprehension when they learn of this.
Perhaps it will be a more affordable version of a popular license, like doing a The Mask pinball machine, but basing it on the comic book and not the movie. Just an example to illustrate my point.
If I'm speculating based on what licenses would go well with Danesi techno music, then I guess Doom. Or something sci-fi. Battlestar Galactica, Rogue Trooper, Lost in Space, Fantastic Voyage, Escape from New York, Akira, or The Thing. Actually, The Thing might be too expensive. I'd be kind of impressed if they got that one. I don't know how much it would cost to license Akira.
If I'm speculating based on the assumption that "the L-word" actually IS a hint, then Scott Pilgrim. (probably not a hint)

What’s the L word in Scott Pilgrim?

The “L” word Gerry was referring to is “license”, it wasn’t really a hint

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What’s the L word in Scott Pilgrim?
The “L” word Gerry was referring to is “license”, it wasn’t really a hint

I know.
(Here's the scene from Scott Pilgrim:

)

#85 2 years ago

Multimorphic ramping up their teasing game:237624311_4089420957822649_8724818278713154599_n (resized).png237624311_4089420957822649_8724818278713154599_n (resized).png

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I know.
(Here's the scene from Scott Pilgrim: )

hahaha that movie is hilarious

#87 2 years ago

New tease on FB. Something magical!!

235547069_4097211690376909_2455305996724856893_n (resized).png235547069_4097211690376909_2455305996724856893_n (resized).png
#88 2 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

New tease on FB. Something magical!!
[quoted image]

Magic the gathering

gstellenberg cmon stop teasing!

#89 2 years ago

P3 has always been the most innovative pinball we have seen since P2K. Always awesome to see what they bring to the table next. It's always been a little out of my price range. But I may have to get one finally.

#90 2 years ago

Do we know if the price is going up on the new game!I hope they keep game at around the same but I don’t know if that’s possible!

#91 2 years ago

Anyone think that the game could be Labyrinth? Can you imagine a pinball game with David Bowie music with awesome sculpts?

A boy can dream.

#92 2 years ago

For you I hope, for me I hope not. I’m done with music pins

#93 2 years ago

Am I the only one who sees a stack of poker chips?

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

For you I hope, for me I hope not. I’m done with music pins

Labyrinth wouldn't really be a music pin, it's a movie first. I have no idea if that is the licensed theme though.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Labyrinth wouldn't really be a music pin, it's a movie first. I have no idea if that is the licensed theme though.

Ah sorry when I see David Bowie I thought music pin. But now I see what it is that was said

#96 2 years ago

The thing that's interesting is that the bottom of the Crystal Ball-shaped thing looks kind of asymmetrical.

multimorphic tease (resized).pngmultimorphic tease (resized).png
#97 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Crystal Ball-shaped thing

Tesla coil? That might be a first for a pin.

#98 2 years ago

So it says: "something magical is coming" with the hashtag "NotTheLicensedTitleYet". Another game perhaps? Or a magical add-on feature?

I'll throw a guess out there: maybe a new flipper module with a different flipper setup?

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So it says: "something magical is coming" with the hashtag "NotTheLicensedTitleYet". Another game perhaps? Or a magical add-n feature?
I throw a guess out there: maybe a new flipper module with a different flipper setup?

New bottom playfield part i betcha you are right.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#100 2 years ago

Quick list of stuff with crystal balls in it other than Labyrinth:
Conan the Barbarian
Discworld
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dungeons and Dragons
He-Man

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
11,500 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.