(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
20230804_113638 (resized).jpg
WAMONH first play (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 55.
#751 2 years ago

Hope you are right. I will say that people were underestimating fans of John Carpenter's Halloween when it went on sale. And Al has a similar die hard fan base. Fingers crossed though for pinsiders that want it.

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Hope you are right. I will say that people were underestimating fans of John Carpenter's Halloween when it went on sale. And Al has a similar die hard fan base. Fingers crossed though for pinsiders that want it.

I think a lot of non pinheads won't understand that they need the $8300 p3 platform as well, not just the WA module. Hopefully the sales dept sets them straight.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Historically fans who are not already pinheads don't translate into sales,

Not so sure that is true...
Who bought all those damn Beatles GOLD/Platinum and Metallica machines?
That said; you are right - "interest" doesn't translate to sales at these prices.

#754 2 years ago

We really don't know what the crossover appeal is in pinball, just that there's a lot of crossover press when these games come out. Does it translate to outsider sales?

Did the Rick and Morty fanatics end up buying into Spooky? Who knows.

Supreme may be the most successful crossover in pinball so far!

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We really don't know what the crossover appeal is in pinball, just that there's a lot of crossover press when these games come out. Does it translate to outsider sales?
Did the Rick and Morty fanatics end up buying into Spooky? Who knows.

Yeah, I'm curious to know those figures as well. I know Spooky was saying they had a lot of interest from the horror folks with Halloween also. I heard Gary Stern in an interview say that he considers the "theme fans" to be part of their customer base: i.e. there are operators buying games to have new games, there are pinball people buying games that meet their gameplay/theme desires, and there are theme fans ("I want to own anything 'Led Zeppelin'...) that buy one game based on their fandom. Whether that's just salesman talk, who can say, but I have to imagine there is some crossover.

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’re sounding more like o-din every day

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden: I heard Gary Stern in an interview say that he considers the "theme fans" to be part of their customer base: i.e. there are operators buying games to have new games, there are pinball people buying games that meet their gameplay/theme desires, and there are theme fans ("I want to own anything 'Led Zeppelin'...) that buy one game based on their fandom. Whether that's just salesman talk, who can say, but I have to imagine there is some crossover.

I don't take much of what Gary says seriously, almost everything he says publicly sounds like it came off a pinball flyer in 1979. He's a born and bred (literally!) pinball salesman.

I liked how the supply chain issues/surging popularity of pinball is due to rapid adoption of Stern Connected.

#758 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Can't thank everybody enough for their enthusiasm. It's been over 2 days since the full reveal, and we're still getting bombarded by inquiries. Al shared the launch video with all of his followers... over 350k views, thousands of comments, and a ton of interest from people both in and outside the community. Incredible.
Orders open on Monday. Check out the instructions here: https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-ordering-instructions/. We're handling order requests in email, all received after 9am Central Time will be processed in order. A week ago we honestly didn't know what to expect. If a fraction of the interested folks turn into orders, we're going to be busy for quite a while.
Thank you again. We're beyond excited to get these games into people's hands.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Will order in the production queue and LE package availability be determined by the order in which you receive the email request, or the order of payment for the deposit that will follow?

Just trying to plan whether I need to be online at the time of the release or if I can just send the email and check on things later in the day.

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Yeah, I'm curious to know those figures as well. I know Spooky was saying they had a lot of interest from the horror folks with Halloween also. I heard Gary Stern in an interview say that he considers the "theme fans" to be part of their customer base: i.e. there are operators buying games to have new games, there are pinball people buying games that meet their gameplay/theme desires, and there are theme fans ("I want to own anything 'Led Zeppelin'...) that buy one game based on their fandom. Whether that's just salesman talk, who can say, but I have to imagine there is some crossover.

When I first saw the disconnect between pinheads and everyone else was with KISS. The KISS army, despite their reputation, didn't amount to many sales. We were able to monitor the official KISS store because it would tell you how many were remaining in inventory when you tried to add too many to your cart.

Same went with Mustang. I've never actually seen a title that sold significant to non-pinheads (and operators). Despite the odd story of "Gary said".

Success with licenses always seem to come down to what license appeals to pinheads. Weird Al seems to be one.

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

When I first saw the disconnect between pinheads and everyone else was with KISS. The KISS army, despite their reputation, didn't amount to many sales. We were able to monitor the official KISS store because it would tell you how many were remaining in inventory when you tried to add too many to your cart.
Same went with Mustang. I've never actually seen a title that sold significant to non-pinheads (and operators). Despite the odd story of "Gary said".
Success with licenses always seem to come down to what license appeals to pinheads. Weird Al seems to be one.

Yup.

Most kiss fans want the 70s Bally anywAy

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup.
Most kiss fans want the 70s Bally anywAy

I don't know why. That game is kinda boring. Stern one is way better.

Now with rolling stones. The bally wins over the stern.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know why. That game is kinda boring. Stern one is way better.
Now with rolling stones. The bally wins over the stern.

It's cute that you used the word "kinda", there. That's diplomatic of you.

All four of the machines in question that you speak of, I find basically awful.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

It's cute that you used the word "kinda", there. That's diplomatic of you.
All four of the machines in question that you speak of, I find basically awful.

I had miss world for years, which was the kiss layout and rules. So it's like having Kiss but way better artwork. Sexy girl, is 100X's more fun than Miss World ever was.

#764 2 years ago

This pre-order process is stressing me out!

I saw that the time on my phone was 3 minutes off of the time on a buddy's phone.

Will Multimorphic have a grace period, in case my e-mail server is a little fast? (I send it thinking in 9AM CST, but they think they got it at 8:59AM.)

If they do have a grace period, should I deliberately send my order early?

Should I send an order a little early, a second right on time, and a third a little late?

Should I learn how to use the dark web, and hire a bot-net to send a 1000 orders a second from 8:50 CST to 9:10 CST?

- Mark

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I saw that the time on my phone was 3 minutes off of the time on a buddy's phone.
Will Multimorphic have a grace period, in case my e-mail server is a little fast? (I send it thinking in 9AM CST, but they think they got it at 8:59AM.)
Should I send an order a little early, a second right on time, and a third a little late?
Should I learn how to use the dark web, and hire a bot-net to send a 1000 orders a second from 8:50 CST to 9:10 CST?
- Mark

Maybe state in the first sentence of the email that you're sending it right at 9am your time in case it gets there technically before then. Less stress if getting the standard edition, no limit on how many of those their making just different wait times on receiving one.

#766 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

- Mark

I am with you. Just hoping the demand isn't super high for the LEs.

#767 2 years ago

Bugger me this thing looks like a lot of silly fun.
C'mon lotto!

#768 2 years ago

Guys you shouldn't be stressed. The ceo of multimorphic Is a very reasonable guy.
Do I think 227 LEs will go fast, sure. But if you are there at 9am you'll probably be ok unless we see 1000s of orders

This process is way better than the Stern lotto that we've seen the last dozen of games.

A Phone should be set to cell towers, unsure why your seeing 3mins difference.

#769 2 years ago

I am sending mine email as soon as my phone hits 1 second after 8am local time (9am central). Going to be super disappointed if I miss out on an LE, but would still buy a Standard (especially since there isnt a game difference between the two)

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have a friend who isn’t a pinhead…but he bought Metallica cuz he’s a diehard Metallica fan. He then bought Lebowski in 2015, which he’s sadly still waiting for. He’s got R&M now and Halloween on order. He really wants Weird Al, but he’s out of room.

I know a lot of arcade collectors who had no pinballs, but bought Tron as their first pin due to theme.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a friend who isn’t a pinhead…but he bought Metallica cuz he’s a diehard Metallica fan. He then bought Lebowski in 2015, which he’s sadly still waiting for. He’s got R&M now and Halloween on order. He really wants Weird Al, but he’s out of room.

I know a lot of arcade collectors who had no pinballs, but bought Tron as their first pin due to theme.

Your friend sounds like a pinhead . We all started somewhere.

#772 2 years ago

I've defraged my computer, scanned for viruses and cleared my browsing data. Tonight I will reboot my modem/router.
You guys will all be competing for second place on the LE.

#773 2 years ago

Would gladly take 2nd place through 227th place.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Your friend sounds like a pinhead . We all started somewhere.

Well, he never had one before a theme he absolutely loved came out….and each purchase after that was theme specific. He didn’t have a collection of games beforehand & he isn’t seeking out classic titles or projects.

#775 2 years ago

Did they ever say anything about LEs shipping first?

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Thats one of the nice things about this modular system, there is no reason to make all the LE's before the next model. I bet they simply come out in order of when the order was placed.

#777 2 years ago

You guys just need to learn how to write a draft email that automatically sends at a designated time…

Most major email services/clients offer it

#778 2 years ago

Y'all are fighting for 3rd place.
I raise you my 2gb fiber connection and my own email server.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've defraged my computer, scanned for viruses and cleared my browsing data. Tonight I will reboot my modem/router.
You guys will all be competing for second place on the LE.

Every time I do something like that and I have a hiccup and spend hours (or days) fixing it.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You guys just need to learn how to write a draft email that automatically sends at a designated time…
Most major email services/clients offer it

Shhhh! Don't tell our secret!

#781 2 years ago

No - There has been no statement.
My gut tells me they will ship based on place in line, regardless of LE vs Normal.
Modules may ship first given they don't have to have all the P3-machine parts in stock. That and P3 machines are going to take a lot longer to build given the complexity/number of parts/testing.

My reasoning is that the PF module is likely the same between LE and regular. The art will probably be ordered at the same time and the LE translites are probably already being signed or they are being shipped to Weird Al for signing soon.
So the two "versions" of modules are effectively equal.

My question is *exactly* what is the difference between the Normal and LE packages when it comes to just the modules.
In the past; modules have shipped without Art. IE modules for CCR shipped without CCR specific translites and cabinet art.
The understanding was that you'd keep the generic P3 art on your cabinet to facilitate any module in the game.
If you wanted game specific art; it was an additional charge for it.

Based on past experience; I'd expect the "regular module" to be just the game module and the software to run it - for 3K. Ah yes; this is explained on:
"
Existing P3 owners can choose to purchase the Standard Edition artwork package only when also purchasing a Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity game kit.
" - https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/wamonh/
so this is indeed still the case and the standard art is 475.

So; adding the LE gets you the module, topper, and the LE art package for an additional 1800.

If you don't have a P3; then you can order the game with either stock P3 art and just add the WeirdAl module... or you can order the game with either the regular or LE art (if still available).

#782 2 years ago

Is this technically the first hip-hop pin considering gangsters paradise & ridin dirty?

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No - There has been no statement.
My gut tells me they will ship based on place in line, regardless of LE vs Normal.
Modules may ship first given they don't have to have all the P3-machine parts in stock. That and P3 machines are going to take a lot longer to build given the complexity/number of parts/testing.
My reasoning is that the PF module is likely the same between LE and regular. The art will probably be ordered at the same time and the LE translites are probably already being signed or they are being shipped to Weird Al for signing soon.
So the two "versions" of modules are effectively equal.
My question is *exactly* what is the difference between the Normal and LE packages when it comes to just the modules.
In the past; modules have shipped without Art. IE modules for CCR shipped without CCR specific translites and cabinet art.
The understanding was that you'd keep the generic P3 art on your cabinet to facilitate any module in the game.
If you wanted game specific art; it was an additional charge for it.
Based on past experience; I'd expect the "regular module" to be just the game module and the software to run it - for 3K. Ah yes; this is explained on:
"
Existing P3 owners can choose to purchase the Standard Edition artwork package only when also purchasing a Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity game kit.
" - https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/wamonh/
so this is indeed still the case and the standard art is 475.
So; adding the LE gets you the module, topper, and the LE art package for an additional 1800.
If you don't have a P3; then you can order the game with either stock P3 art and just add the WeirdAl module... or you can order the game with either the regular or LE art (if still available).

Okay... so if I am buying a P3, Weird Al Module, and Heist, do I automatically get Weird Al art on my machine or does that cost extra (assuming one is not getting the LE package)?

#784 2 years ago

Okay... so if I am buying a P3, Weird Al Module, and Heist, do I automatically get Weird Al art on my machine or does that cost extra (assuming one is not getting the LE package)?

You get a choice of art with the machine. So you can get Weird Al, Heist or some other art package, up to you.

#785 2 years ago

That is a question for Multimorphic.
I'm guessing it's your choice. Your game needs art; so you can pick a single art package (not LE) for your game free of charge.
Any additional art will cost you an adder IE ~475 bucks.
That is *MY* guess; YMMV.

#786 2 years ago
66toqq (resized).jpg66toqq (resized).jpg
#787 2 years ago

If I am successful in an LE, it would be a tough call for me to choose between Heist and Regular Al artwork. I really like that blue Al style too. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal though, as I could always get either down the line.

#788 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 93: Keepin' It Real With P3, JJP 7 Release, CCr Updates, & Cornerstoned By Stern

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- We Pay Tribute To The Late Pinball Great, Barry Oursler
- Multimorphic Reveals Their New P3 Module/Game Weird Al's Museum Of Natural Hilarity
- What Looks Great On Weird Al & What Does Not
- P3 Ordering Confusion
- ONE OF THEM! Catching Aggression When Voicing Criticism
- Trending Down? New P3 Values On The Secondary Market
- Leaving Early Adopters High & Dry
- Dennis Gets Real...Real Fast
- Pinball Profile Interviews IFPA President & Consultant Josh Sharpe
- Cactus Canyon Remake Updates
- Stern Pinball Announces Big Changes To 2022 Cornerstone Releases
- Jersey Jack Pinball's Next Title Release Schedule Update
- The Pinball Show Interviews Bob Baffy
- Karl DeAngelo: The Charismatic Troll
- Pinball Market Tre....
- Why Is Luke Skywalker A Dick?!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cq5gq-11bb37f

#789 2 years ago

So, really... Like I need a podcaster here Hocking his wares. Not even going to bother listening to these jack asses... Even if they have valid points because if the attention grabbing headlines

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

So, really... Like I need a podcaster here Hocking his wares. Not even going to bother listening to these jack asses... Even if they have valid points because if the attention grabbing headlines

hahaha appreciate the feedback, sorry to harsh your mellow

#791 2 years ago
bf7a6c48e143c473e07032887b1da8bc.gifbf7a6c48e143c473e07032887b1da8bc.gif
#792 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

appreciate the feedback, sorry to harsh your mellow

Keep you biased axe grinding to your loyal public. I'd say other things, but not going to give moderator any leverage.

#793 2 years ago

This one just dropped too: https://flippinandmashing.podbean.com/e/ep-84-poppin-the-lid-on-weird-al-s-museum-of-natural-hilarity/

Ep. 84 - Poppin’ the lid on Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity

Show notes:

Flippin' and Mashing is the OUTLAW podcast where two buddies just have a lot of fun discussing video games, pinball and arcades!

In this episode we talk with special guests Gerry and TJ from Multimorphic about the new P3 game release, Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity. Those amazing feeling shots, the combos, the longest shot in pinball? Yes, we can finally talk about them!

Song List:

Amish Paradise
Like A Surgeon
My Bologna
White & Nerdy
Word Crimes
Dare To Be Stupid
Germs
Fun Zone
Hardware Store
Harvey the Wonder Hamster
I’ll Sue Ya
Mission Statement
Sports Song
Traffic Jam
Weasel Stomping Day
UHF
You Make Me

Links:

Deep dive of pictures and rules:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/multimorphic-announces-weird-als-museum-of-natural-hilarity-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Store:

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/wamonh/

[email protected]

https://www.multimorphic.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to contact us - [email protected]

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FlippinandMashing

Check out our merch - https://teespring.com/stores/flipping-mashing

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Keep you biased axe grinding to your loyal public. I'd say other things, but not going to give moderator any leverage.

I don’t understand the anger, but if I did something to ya I’d love to know.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Is this technically the first hip-hop pin considering gangsters paradise & ridin dirty?

Only if you are the type of person who considers Blondie's "Rapture" to be hip hop.

#796 2 years ago

Awesome podcast content. Can’t wait to listen tonight before ordering tomorrow.

#797 2 years ago

Anyone know what are the "Game Specific Accessory Items" included in the LE package?

"The Limited Edition Package includes:

LE-Exclusive Artwork Package
Cabinet Artwork
Speaker Panel Artwork
Side-target Covers
Slingshot Plastics
Apron Magnet
LE-Exclusive Translite Autographed By Weird Al
Interactive and Motorized Topper
Game-Specific Accessory Items"

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t understand the anger, but if I did something to ya I’d love to know.

Your self-indulgent behavior seems to give you the audacity to come into a reasonable conversation and post a bunch of negative headlines in what appears to be a heavily negative-biased podcast for the sole purposes of getting more views on Youtube.

That behavior is very Trollish and something that immediately turned me off of anything further you have to say. So much so that I have drained your announcement thread and made a mental note to never support anything you do from this point forward.
Furthermore; your timing is incredibly suspect given the proximity to a certain event. You know it and you did this out of spite for some stoopid reason. An No; please don't elaborate what they did to you or where you were inappropriately touched in your phantasy.

I didn't click your link because I have no intention of propping up your channel with even a view much less a negative thumbs down.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Anyone know what are the "Game Specific Accessory Items" included in the LE package?

No one outside of the Multimorphic team knows I'm guessing. I'd wager it's some kind of surprise or trinket they want to play close to the vest.

#800 2 years ago

It's long but the flippinandmashing podcast is actually quiet enlightening.
I found the pictures at the
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/multimorphic-announces-weird-als-museum-of-natural-hilarity-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/
pretty fun to look at while listening to the podcast.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
11,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.