(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 55.
#701 2 years ago

Multimorphic is really starting to look good! If they ever get a Harry Potter, back to the future, goonies or especially five night at freddys theme, I WILL BUY IN A HEARTBEAT.

#702 2 years ago

yah first heist and now Weird Al, I am also right on that edge to pull the trigger! I gotta find one out in the wild to play first... nearest one I know of is 6 1/2 hours away... little far for a one game test ride...

#703 2 years ago

I pulled the trigger on a Rush LE because Rush is my favorite band of all time, and as I was unboxing it this week, I started getting pings about this - because Weird Al is my second favorite touring act of all time. And I always said "well I'm pretty sure Weird Al won't get a pinball so I'm safe."

I've played on a P3 before at a convention and thought they were really intriguing, I just didn't mesh with the themes. If I didn't already spend my allowable budget on pins this year, I'd have gotten this one and probably even gone for the LE to get the topper. But alas, I'm gonna have to wait and see what the market looks like for them in the future. (And after just getting a 295lb Rush NIB around my house to my backyard and into my basement, I am not exactly thrilled at the prospect of doing it for something that's 350lb+ but that's a personal problem I just need to get over)

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking at this more and more I have decided... I am totally in for my second NIB pin to be Weird Al (After Rick and Morty)!
I am going to put a deposit down on Weird Al on Monday, but won't be clicking the send button right and 1000. If there weren't other modules available I would absolutely be going for the LE kit as I am a huge Weird Al fan. However, for $900 more than the cost of a topper I can get a whole other game. I am looking at either Heist or Cosmic Cart racing, and will be doing more research this weekend. If it is a huge hit for me I could see buying another module down the road.
To be clear, Weird Al's inclusion in this is 100% the reason why I will be jumping onto a P3 platform.
Yes, the package is stupid expensive, but with the prices today I could sell a single pin to fund almost all of this.
I don't feel like I am guaranteed to get my money back out like I am on most pin deals, but Weird Al is a dream theme for me, and If I could choose to have only one themed pin it would be a Weird Al pin. I was seriously considering doing a E.M. conversion to a Weird Al pin that played his tunes, but I'm no artist.
Edit to add I started a poll/ discussion thread here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3 for opinions on what would be best to pair with the Weird Al module.

Lexie is the best game on there in my opinion.

#705 2 years ago

Super intriguing. I need to play a P3, preferably with Weird Al when it’s out before deciding if this is a thing for me.

I was surprised, but not terribly disappointed, that Another One Rides the Bus didn’t make the cut. I remember tuning into Dr. Demento on my little transistor radio just to hear that song!

I love funny pinball games, especially if they shoot well. Bravo so far on this one MM!

#706 2 years ago

Lexy is a great game and light out multi ball is a favorite of mine but I love all of them ccr with all the leds and mag acceleration and what can I say about heist I am always blown away with the quality of the voice work and it’s a ton of fun.p3 was a tough nut when the bill came in I bought everything at once including lagoon but this ain’t a cheep hobby.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from wireable:

Yep, but that doesn't actually say it's open source, or what OSI license it might be under. Just that it's an "open platform" and that they are providing an SDK. That's completely different from being open source sadly. Still very cool that they are supporting 3rd parties - don't get me wrong - it's just not the same thing .

wireable it's not open source - there are reference applications for the existing modules and an SDK. A few people have rolled their own games on the platform so far. If you're interested PM and I can get you Slack or Discord links!

#708 2 years ago

I don't know if any of you that are on the fence on buying a P3 / WAMH are twitch streamers but if you are you should check out the Twitchbot features they built into Heist. I don't know if it's in any other of the games on the platform but it lets viewers of your stream put in certain codes to cause the game to do things, like send a police car in Heist. Some of these are free and some of them that really disrupt the game like "lights out" cost bits which basically means the viewer is paying to f**k with you while you're playing. I don't watch a lot of live streams but I was pretty impressed with that little bit of coding right there!

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if any of you that are on the fence on buying a P3 / WAMH are twitch streamers but if you are you should check out the Twitchbot features they built into Heist. I don't know if it's in any other of the games on the platform but it lets viewers of your stream put in certain codes to cause the game to do things, like send a police car in Heist. Some of these are free and some of them that really disrupt the game like "lights out" cost bits which basically means the viewer is paying to f**k with you while you're playing. I don't watch a lot of live streams but I was pretty impressed with that little bit of coding right there!

Here's a demo on Cosmic Cart Racing where we do Twitch connect AND play online against each other. Gerry explains how it works at the start too:

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't know if it's in any other of the games on the platform

I've made it a point to add it to all of the games I've made (it's a fun challenge to think up creative ways to help or hinder the streamer).
Kevin, do you know if it exists on Multimorphic's other games, like ROCs, Barnyard or Shoot 'n Scoot?

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I've made it a point to add it to all of the games I've made (it's a fun challenge to think up creative ways to help or hinder the streamer).
Kevin, do you know if it exists on Multimorphic's other games, like ROCs, Barnyard or Shoot 'n Scoot?

I know it's on most of their games. It is on Shoot n' Scoot, but not Barnyard or ROCs yet I believe.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I know it's on most of their games. It is on Shoot n' Scoot, but not Barnyard or ROCs yet I believe.

So, when's the Weird Al stream, Kev?

#714 2 years ago

Since the LE package is an "add-on" and ordered separately, does that mean you would get both complete art packages? That might be wishful thinking, but it would be kind of cool to swap between the packages.

Also, I asked in the P3 thread, but I will ask here too. What is the deal with the translites? I thought the entire translite area of the backbox was an LCD? That seems backed up by this:
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/backbox-display/

So...why are translites sold with the art packages? Is it for early machines that didn't have the LCD? And then for Al, does the LE include a physical signed translite just for framing?

#715 2 years ago

I hope to see play before Monday morning

#716 2 years ago

Hopefully there is a stream before the order banks open. I’d like to see a little more of it before jumping in line

#717 2 years ago

Anybody else looking forward to weasel stomping day?

weasel.gifweasel.gif
#718 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Since the LE package is an "add-on" and ordered separately, does that mean you would get both complete art packages? That might be wishful thinking, but it would be kind of cool to swap between the packages.
Also, I asked in the P3 thread, but I will ask here too. What is the deal with the translites? I thought the entire translite area of the backbox was an LCD? That seems backed up by this:
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/backbox-display/
So...why are translites sold with the art packages? Is it for early machines that didn't have the LCD? And then for Al, does the LE include a physical signed translite just for framing?

If you buy an LE, you could just buy the standard art package, and you can swap between the two whenever you want. The LE only comes with the LE art. Standard art will always be available.

#719 2 years ago

Are you sure about this? From the wording on the P3 website it sounds like the module comes with the standard art and then you buy an additional LE package that includes the LE art. So you will have both.

From the website (https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/wamonh/):

"A Standard Edition artwork package is included with the purchase of a new P3 and this game kit. Existing P3 owners can choose to purchase the Standard Edition artwork package only when also purchasing a Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity game kit.

A Limited Edition Package is also available as an add-on purchase with new Weird Al’s Museum of Natural Hilarity game kit orders. Only 227 Limited Edition Packages are available, and orders will be processed in the sequence they’re received.

The Limited Edition Package includes:
LE-Exclusive Artwork Package
Cabinet Artwork
Speaker Panel Artwork
Side-target Covers
Slingshot Plastics
Apron Magnet
LE-Exclusive Translite Autographed By Weird Al
Interactive and Motorized Topper
Game-Specific Accessory Items"

#720 2 years ago

Sounds like you are both equally right and wrong.

One art package comes with the P3, you can choose the Al thing if you want.
One art package comes with the le, so if you have already got a p3, you'll only get the LE art.

#721 2 years ago

Yeah, that makes sense, thanks.

#722 2 years ago

Is anyone glad they chose "Mission Statement" as one of the originals? Listened to it about five times and just can't figure out why they picked that one. I guess if you love the "Judy Blue Eyes" CSN song it's okay for a catchy tune but don't get any humor out if it personally.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

yah first heist and now Weird Al, I am also right on that edge to pull the trigger!

If P3 keeps releasing sweet titles like Heist & Weird Al, then it's kind of hard not to buy it if you have the money. I can easily pull the trigger on a brand new game for 3k.

I'm already trying to figure out creative ways to sell games to buy one. I'm not there yet but I'm looking.

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is anyone glad they chose "Mission Statement" as one of the originals? Listened to it about five times and just can't figure out why they picked that one. I guess if you love the "Judy Blue Eyes" CSN song it's okay for a catchy tune but don't get any humor out if it personally.

It is one of my favorites on that album, the lyrics accurately capture the BS corporate non-speak that people love to say in meetings to make themselves sound smart. It's probably a bit more niche towards the white collar office worker at a large corporation than something like Dog Eat Dog. Surprised to see it make the cut, for sure, but not unhappy about it.

Albuquerque for a wizard mode would have been amazing though....

#725 2 years ago

Don't expect any gameplay until after ordering opens. No precidence for it from any manufacturer ever.

Get in line in Monday or wait for the early adopters to get theirs first.

#726 2 years ago

Watching a long time. Spoke with everyone and almost bought after Heist was announced. May have to buy this. Current owners - do you like your machines? Are they a pain to move? Are games easy to store/switch? Is the machine mechanically quieter than a regular pin? I’m trying to figure this servo thing out too - did servos replace some solenoids? Congrats P3 too. This looks fun.

#727 2 years ago

I’ve largely ignored this platform until now. After watching a crap load of YouTube today I am stoked and in for the Weird Al Pre-order!

#728 2 years ago

I'm a little sad Biggest Ball of Twine in MN didn't make the cut. Overall pretty happy with the list though!

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I’ve largely ignored this platform until now. After watching a crap load of YouTube today I am stoked and in for the Weird Al Pre-order!

Cool, which version are you getting?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-weird-al-are-you-getting-and-what-are-you-getting-with-it

#730 2 years ago

I’m going to get the P3 platform of course with the standard Weird Al, not the LE. I am going to add the Cosmic Cart and Heist playfields too. Then buy Sorcerer’s

#731 2 years ago

You should really get Lexie too.

#732 2 years ago

I will get a Lexy too, but later

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

did servos replace some solenoids?

Yes, the wall of scoops is now motorized. Apparently, it makes it possible to auto level the scoops to the height of the playfield. So far, I have not seen any mention of an upgrade path for existing owners.

#734 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I have not seen any mention of an upgrade path for existing owners.

Gerry said you will be able to upgrade.

#735 2 years ago

“He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life”
-Homer Simpson (lead singer of Sadgasm)

I have to get this game. Seven years ago I was one of, if not the only, members to list Weird Al as a desired pin theme. I never thought it would happen. In fact I had responses that it would be a horrible idea. I’ve been a pin owner for around 8 years but I’ve been a “close personal friend of Al” (old fan club reference) for over 35 years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-theme-would-you-choose-for-a-pinball/page/4#post-2243224

#736 2 years ago

Am I missing why the oddly specific number of LE's?

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

do you like your machines?

Yes. I find the P3 to be a fun pin. It's defiantly not a "multiball" factory.
It's clear that each game is designed to be challenging.

Quoted from adborto:

Are they a pain to move?

Yes but not much worse than a regular pin.

Quoted from adborto:

Are games easy to store/switch?

Modules store under the game... you can store about two games before you need to find an alternate storage mechanism.

Adding Cardboard box storage as they ship outside of the game:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/9#post-5333130
and a custom designed rack for two PF modules.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-only-regret-is-not-getting-a-p3-sooner/page/2#post-6420065

Quoted from adborto:

Is the machine mechanically quieter than a regular pin?

No

Quoted from adborto:

I’m trying to figure this servo thing out too - did servos replace some solenoids?

Unknown. Many are speculating that the wall scoops were are solenoids in the current gen machines have been replaced with Servos.
I agree it looks like it in the video

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I will get a Lexy too, but later

If you do get Lexy, get Secret Agent Showdown. It's only $100 and one of my favorites to play.
Also, Roc's can be played with any of the playfields and is well worth the money. Game sounds are incredible.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Am I missing why the oddly specific number of LE's?

The number 27 appears in multiple Weird Al songs. I’m guessing they went with 227 as opposed to 200 or 250 as a nod to the “hard core” Weird Al fans.

#740 2 years ago

Thank you Zitt!

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you do get Lexy, get Secret Agent Showdown. It's only $100 and one of my favorites to play.
Also, Roc's can be played with any of the playfields and is well worth the money. Game sounds are incredible.

Agreed re SAS. It's the best Lexy multiball in its own game.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

It is one of my favorites on that album, the lyrics accurately capture the BS corporate non-speak that people love to say in meetings to make themselves sound smart. It's probably a bit more niche towards the white collar office worker at a large corporation than something like Dog Eat Dog. Surprised to see it make the cut, for sure, but not unhappy about it.
Albuquerque for a wizard mode would have been amazing though....

Same here; it’s a catchy song and I think the lyrics are very funny. I was surprised it made the cut but I’m happy it did.

#743 2 years ago

Genuinely happy for all the fans. This diversity of theme and play is what makes pinball unique and wonderful.

I'd love to play a P3 on site somewhere - love the notion..

#744 2 years ago

Can't thank everybody enough for their enthusiasm. It's been over 2 days since the full reveal, and we're still getting bombarded by inquiries. Al shared the launch video with all of his followers... over 350k views, thousands of comments, and a ton of interest from people both in and outside the community. Incredible.

Orders open on Monday. Check out the instructions here: https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-ordering-instructions/. We're handling order requests in email, all received after 9am Central Time will be processed in order. A week ago we honestly didn't know what to expect. If a fraction of the interested folks turn into orders, we're going to be busy for quite a while.

Thank you again. We're beyond excited to get these games into people's hands.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#745 2 years ago

Well done, Multimorphic team.

#746 2 years ago

Going to be weird (no pun intended) just shooting off an email and having no idea if a requested LE will be locked up for a bit. But I will be doing just that.

#747 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Going to be weird (no pun intended) just shooting off an email and having no idea if a requested LE will be locked up for a bit. But I will be doing just that.

yeah; I'm curious if Multimophic's email server can handle the 9am load.
I'm also in on an LE (module) since I already have a P3.

I'm actually wondering if Weird Al himself is getting a game.

#748 2 years ago

This pin looks really fun and thats what its all about. Love to play this.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

yeah; I'm curious if Multimophic's email server can handle the 9am load.
I'm also in on an LE (module) since I already have a P3.
I'm actually wondering if Weird Al himself is getting a game.

Hopefully, he gets #27.

#750 2 years ago

Historically fans who are not already pinheads don't translate into sales, but it's still nice to see all of the attention Al is bringing. Hopefully they can get some P3s on location that Al can promote.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
11,999 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.