(Topic ID: 294488)

Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity: Multimorphic's New Game Revealed!

By solarvalue

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,722 posts
  • 287 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by icyjones
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240407_185454090.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185518542.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
PXL_20240407_185941753.RAW-01.COVER (resized).jpg
WAMONH_SU_1.5.3.0 (resized).jpg
screenshot_279 (resized).png
WAMONH_SU_1.5.0.0 (resized).jpg
Locking tab (resized).jpg
WeirdAlVertical (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
434E5B54-DF29-4A5F-9DAC-D914D570FF99 (resized).jpeg
671C2208-EED1-427D-9BD1-75146663BE24 (resized).jpeg
wambulance-burn[1] (resized).png
A-22984-1 P2K flipper button assembly_300x254 (resized).jpg
20230808_170853 (resized).jpg
IMG_0092 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 55.
#501 2 years ago

Oh also for moving the P3: You can lighten the load by removing the playfield module, and if you want to go further, slide out the flipper module, playfield LCD, etc to make moving easier.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

The P3 weighs 335 lbs with or without a module installed?

That's with the Lexy playfield according to the site.

#503 2 years ago

My god when I moved my p3 I busted a nut and it felt way heavier the any jjp I have moved down stairs and I have moved the all including woz and hobbit but it did have the Heist installed and it is by far the heaviest of the modules.

#504 2 years ago

I did just notice that that P3 pictured doesn't have the back box LCD in it, so that'll add some heft to it too.

#505 2 years ago

Here's the full breakdown on that page:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#506 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

edit: already answered.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

What about the P3 do you think makes it less likely to be on location? Just that it's something kinda odd and new, or the extra technology might scare operators or...? The price *is* high, but I continue to be surprised by the number of Stern LEs in bars etc., and the P3 isn't much more expensive than those now.

The issues I see relate primarily to the price, and the way the modular "swap in a new game" functionality can be seen to give better value and offset the upfront cost. Yeah, you can buy Heist, Lexy, Cosmic Cart Racing and Weird Al but you are still locked into one playable game at a time. So if the Cabinet/Platform plus 2 modules is roughly the same as 2 Stern Pros (as I heard on a recent Fliptronic Heist stream) you still only have the earning potential of a single Stern Pro. So cost-to-earnings is obviously going to suffer. I hear you on the way some locations have LEs and for them this consideration might not be of concern but it seems to me that Pros (or equivalent) are the primary location game AND the best cost-to-earnings out there.

It seems fairly obvious that P3s business model better suits the home market and I don't think that is too controversial to say. I don't want anyone to take my comments as a knock against P3, I want them to succeed, I want to own one, but first I want to be able to actually try one.

#508 2 years ago

And if the module is Heist, there's your extra 16.

And is that with or without the 15 balls in there.

In any case, sliding either of them is likely to do you injury.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The issues I see relate primarily to the price, and the way the modular "swap in a new game" functionality can be seen to give better value and offset the upfront cost. Yeah, you can buy Heist, Lexy, Cosmic Cart Racing and Weird Al but you are still locked into one playable game at a time. So if the Cabinet/Platform plus 2 modules is roughly the same as 2 Stern Pros (as I heard on a recent Fliptronic Heist stream) you still only have the earning potential of a single Stern Pro. So cost-to-earnings is obviously going to suffer. I hear you on the way some locations have LEs and for them this consideration might not be of concern but it seems to me that Pros (or equivalent) are the primary location game AND the best cost-to-earnings out there.
It seems fairly obvious that P3s business model better suits the home market and I don't think that is too controversial to say. I don't want anyone to take my comments as a knock against P3, I want them to succeed, I want to own one, but first I want to be able to actually try one.

I'd figure an operator would sell off the old module once it's done earning, similar to video game kits in the 80s that put new games in old cabinets. The ability to refresh a game with a lower upfront cost could be appealing to an operator from that perspective.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I don't think you can't buy the empty cab without a module so I would say it includes the module?

Oh and BTW WOZ weighs 395 lbs. Someone in here says that P3 is heavier than that.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, you can buy Heist, Lexy, Cosmic Cart Racing and Weird Al but you are still locked into one playable game at a time.

You are locked into a single playfield layout until you swap, but there are multiple games which are available on every playfield module. Some games also work with all modules.

#512 2 years ago

KevInBuffalo
How is your playfield lexan holding up after a year plus of owning it? Any fog/haze issues?

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am a huge Weird Al fan and this always bothered me. I would like to present to you the evolution of this song and why Coolio does not have a leg to stand on... he was sampling Stevie Wonder for his version. For those of you unfamiliar with Weird Al, stylistically this is one of his greatest achievements. What do you feed chickens?

You forgot a version:

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

KevInBuffalo
How is your playfield lexan holding up after a year plus of owning it? Any fog/haze issues?

It's holding up great. I occasionally slide it out of the machine, give it a wipedown and then back in it goes. You'll see ball trails on it over time like any other playfield but being able to pull it out makes it way easier to clean.

#515 2 years ago

Isn't it something where you can just polish them with headlight cleaning kits? Doesn't seem that bad of an issue and if you scratch it bad, just get a new replacement. I just see there's a whole different design limitation that a P3 creates while at the same time opening possibilities with its design. But at least your more heavily worn area of the playfield is an easy to swap piece of plastic vs undoing a whole playfield.

#516 2 years ago

I just clean it with Novus 1 (2 if there is more dirt or any scratches to buff out). But yeah you could just replace the whole polycarb piece too if you wanted. Beats doing a playfield swap after you drop a screwdriver on it or something.

#517 2 years ago

Got me stuffed, mines only got a few plays and it's scratched to the shithouse. Novus1 doesn't seem to touch it.

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got me stuffed, mines only got a few plays and it's scratched to the shithouse. Novus1 doesn't seem to touch it.

Mine looks scratched also but you can’t see it when it’s on so I don’t care.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Funny, stands out on mine.

DSCF0690[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0690[1] (resized).jpg

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Exactly.
IIRC; Gerry has stated in his Q&A sessions at seminars that their Prototype units on the floor has the same piece of polycarbonate in it.
Yes; when the game is off - they look beat to hell.
When they are on and in game; you just don't notice it.

Me; I don't notice it but wouldn't be concerned at all about going to lowes and getting a replacement rather than trying to sand/polish out the scratches.

#521 2 years ago

I also have voodoo glass on mine and play in a dark room.

#522 2 years ago

Be sure to check your pinballs to make sure they are not scratched.
If you are worried about the scratches, you could also maybe use something like this combined with Novus 3/2. Should be a lot easier to use a buffing attachment on the lexan than on a normal playfield because you can take it out of the machine.

https://www.amazon.com/Kshineni-Buffing-Polishing-Polisher-Sealing/dp/B08LSN8MT8/ref=sr_1_5

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

He asks permission before he does it
The only major issue I think he had was with Amish Paradise. Coolio’s record company gave approval but Coolio was first upset because he wasn’t directly asked/informed. But Coolio got over it and apologized for being ugly about it at the time.

He tried to get Prince several times. It was so bad that they appeared at one event together and Prince's lawyers sent Al a letter telling him to not talk or look at Prince.

Prince had some great albums, but he was a prick.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The P3 weighs 335 lbs (Source: Multimorphic support site), actually 16 lbs less than The Hobbit, which weighs 351 lbs (Source: JJP games page).[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from rockrand:

My god when I moved my p3 I busted a nut and it felt way heavier the any jjp I have moved down stairs and I have moved the all including woz and hobbit but it did have the Heist installed and it is by far the heaviest of the modules.

That HAS to be a typo somewhere. My experience was the same. Hobbit was really heavy. But the P3 is REALLY heavy. Some of it could be a weight distribution thing, but damn this thing just feels like a tank.

#525 2 years ago

Time to get out the scales!

#526 2 years ago

They both qualify as hernia-inducing, which is all you really need to know.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The P3 weighs 335 lbs (Source: Multimorphic support site), actually 16 lbs less than The Hobbit, which weighs 351 lbs (Source: JJP games page).

Handled both and don't believe it - the P3 is crazy heavy

#528 2 years ago

Reckon they will sell more now that there is no new Stern game until August.

Wall of money has to go somewhere!

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Do you have a link to the procedure, this drives me batty. i can get it on the serve but it feels fucked switching back and i never use the top flipper again. I'm not a gamer.

ah, I guess it is in the works but not implemented yet.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Reckon they will sell more now that there is no new Stern game until August.
Wall of money has to go somewhere!

I think folks are misinterepting this Stern announcement.

They are still building and selling pinball machines. They are just reducing the year's new releases by one, i suppose to help "catch up," which is what a lot of folks here have been begging for. Not sure how this benefits anybody else.

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think folks are misinterepting this Stern announcement.
They are still building and selling pinball machines. They are just reducing the year's new releases by one, i suppose to help "catch up," which is what a lot of folks here have been begging for. Not sure how this benefits anybody else.

It does help a bit with the people who just want to chase the latest and greatest. One less of them for the year.

Games revealed before 2022 are for the hoi polloi

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That HAS to be a typo somewhere. My experience was the same. Hobbit was really heavy. But the P3 is REALLY heavy. Some of it could be a weight distribution thing, but damn this thing just feels like a tank.

Here’s the weight from my shipping invoice. This is on the palette in the box with the Heist playfield (the heaviest one to date), the backbox monitor and all. So, that’s in line with the diagram above.

975A0F5F-7BD4-4EDD-BB6E-452D95C6F99D (resized).jpeg975A0F5F-7BD4-4EDD-BB6E-452D95C6F99D (resized).jpeg
#533 2 years ago

I hope one of these pops up on location in the Denver area or at a pinball show, I'd love to give it a spin!

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Slappywhite2001:

North End Pub in Lafayette is supposed to be getting a P3 in March/April timeframe. Operator said he plans on ordering the Weird Al module as well!

Noted! I'll keep an eye out in HACKS to see when it lands.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Funny, stands out on mine.
[quoted image]

Funny. I don’t see anything that equates to “scratched to the shit house” in that pic

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Funny. I don’t see anything that equates to “scratched to the shit house” in that pic

I must be a fucking liar then, hey?

DSCF0695[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0695[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF0693[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0693[1] (resized).jpg

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I must be a fucking liar then, hey?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Have you tried polishing it out, or is it to deep?

#538 2 years ago

I don't see the point unless you want to damage it. The machine has only a few plays on it, doubt there's 200 games on it, didn't work for the first few months i owned it. It looked like this after a few dozen plays and Novus 1 doesn't seem to have any affect on it despite the advice above. I have polished lexan before on a little screen i made for my boat and it totally trashed it.

As said above it's not so bad when the machine is on, but as i tried to show in my pic, it's certainly not invisible from the players perspective, it makes it look cloudy and the larger scratches can be seen.

#539 2 years ago

Has P3 said if they’re going to be at TPF? Would love to play one.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Has P3 said if they’re going to be at TPF? Would love to play one.

Gerry will be there so I’d assume P3 will have a booth as the6 usually do.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It looked like this after a few dozen plays and Novus 1 doesn't seem to have any affect on it despite the advice above.

Like you said, I wouldn't worry until it gets really bad. Novus 1 is really just a cleaner, it doesn't have any polishing compound. To get out deep scratches, you would need to start with Novus 3 and then go down to Novus 2. You can do it by hand, but a buffing attachment on a drill or angle grinder like they use to cut and polish cars is going to make the job much quicker.

#542 2 years ago

Does anyone in Canada have experience with buying a P3 from the US? What was shipping like? Can you at least buy the modules in Canada?

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

As said above it's not so bad when the machine is on, but as i tried to show in my pic, it's certainly not invisible from the players perspective, it makes it look cloudy and the larger scratches can be seen.

The lexan surface is a consumable. Just like PF rubber. Just like Coil Sleeves. Nothing to see here; move on.
Unless; of course, you'd rather the ball roll on the LCD panel and you'd have to replace the whole monitor.

This feels like "are PF dimples" normal conversations. Nothing stands up to a Steel ball; not even another Steel ball.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The lexan surface is a consumable. Just like PF rubber. Just like Coil Sleeves. Nothing to see here; move on.
Unless; of course, you'd rather the ball roll on the LCD panel and you'd have to replace the whole monitor.
This feels like "are PF dimples" normal conversations. Nothing stands up to a Steel ball; not even another Steel ball.

So they sell the surface? How hard is it to replace?

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Idk IF multimorphic sells them directly.
Gerry has said in multiple seminars that you can buy it from Lowes or home Depot in the cut to size department. I suspect you can get 2-3 playfield sheets from a single 24x48inch sheet.

I have no doubt this is true because I've bought 0.25 lexan from them before for other applications.

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yeah, the best thing to do would be me to hit up LAX or some other local expo. I don't know anyone near Indy who has one.

There will be one on location in Lafayette soon.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Idk IF multimorphic sells them directly.
Gerry has said in multiple seminars that you can buy it from Lowes or home Depot in the cut to size department.

I have no doubt this is true because I've bought 0.25 lexan from them before for other applications.

And this is the best part about it, not having to go through speciality suppliers.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Yeah, as zitt stated it’s like $40? At a big box store to get a new one. It absolutely does get scratched and that’s 100% normal and expected. With the lcd off it’s very noticeable but as soon as you power up it should mostly become ‘invisible’. Never bothered me, but if it did $40 is a drop in he bucket and it takes maybe 5 minutes to slide out and slide a new one in.

#549 2 years ago

Here's the detail on replacing that plastic on the P3:

I couldn't find the plastic in Multimorphic's store nor could I find detailed measurements in their tech support documenteds.
I suspect this is simply an oversight and they'll get the information on their site.

#550 2 years ago

Multimorphic's Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity revealed, all details here https://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4407

LE-Playfield resized (resized).jpgLE-Playfield resized (resized).jpg

FullPfModule (resized).jpgFullPfModule (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
8,499 (OBO)
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

11,999 (OBO)
11,500 (OBO)
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 55.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.