IMG_1607_(resized).JPG
IMG_1603_(resized).JPG
IMG_1594_(resized).JPG
IMG_1589_(resized).JPG
IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_1576_(resized).JPG
IMG_1569_(resized).JPG
IMG_1568_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

One of the new games is a full package that includes an upper playfield module, new cabinet artwork, and progressive game rules. It's much less intimidating to casual players than a traditional game. People will be able to walk up to it, instantly understand what to do, and enjoy a gameplay experience that progresses from simple to extremely difficult.
The other 3 games are what we call "mini-games" that work with one or more existing upper playfield modules. One game is built from the LL-EE code base, works only with the LL-EE playfield module, and delivers a short, fun game that integrates the most interesting mechanisms on the playfield. Another game is a children's game that works with, and utilizes, any upper playfield module. The last game is one that works specifically with the dynamic and interactive lower playfield and wall/scoop assembly, regardless of which upper playfield module is installed.

This is so great. So to recap, there are going to be 5 playable games at TPF:

1. Full Game #1: Lexy Lightspeed - Escape from Earth
2. Full Game #2: New theme with new playfield module, cabinet art and software
3. Mini game #1: New game using LL-EE playfield module and code base
4. Mini game #2: Children's game (can use any upper playfield module)
5. Mini game #3: New game (using lower playfield and wall/scoop assembly)

So...does game 3 have a different theme or is it still in the world of Lexy Lightspeed?

#23 8 years ago

Seeing as you will have 2 full games now, will you be doing a timed playfield/game swap in the seminar?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Uh, oh. I get this warning when accessing your site:
"A malicious web page has attempted to infect you with a web-based attack (drive-by download)"
and my antivirus blocks access as a result. Might want to do a virus scan on your website. You might be infecting fans.

Not getting that here:

Untitled_(resized).pngUntitled_(resized).png

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So this is virtual pinball at its best?

Nope, not virtual pinball. Real pinball with dynamic and interactive playfield artwork and the advantages of a multi-game platform. Pinball at its best.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks awesome, but man that is some cheddar to be laying down on a pinball machine. Too much for me unfortunately.

Yep, it's a lot of money for "a" pinball machine but if you think about it in terms of price-per-game then new games for the P3 will end up being the cheapest on the market. Gerry states above that if you order by the end of TPF you will get 2 full games plus another 3 'mini' games so that's already a very competitive price-per-game. Additional new games for the platform have been estimated to cost between $1500-$3500 going forward which is way below new games from other current manufacturers.

I get that the initial start-up cost for the system is considerable but I've been thinking about selling all my other games and using the money to buy a P3. I could use the extra space, it'll be a lot easier when I move and I just won't have so much stuff lying around, not to mention that I'll get to play the most technologically advanced pingames available with all the great features described above.

Oh, and by the way, it doesn't cost anything to get in the queue, with no penalty if you let your order lapse when it's time to build your game.

Edit: There you go, Gerry said all the same stuff as I was typing

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Can anyone point me to a good (recent) video of the game?
The ones I've seen on YouTube don't seem to do it justice (I've never seen it in person)

There has not been any video released since Expo last year as far as I can tell. Here is the latest one I think:

#62 8 years ago

Great interview with Gerry from Multimorphic on the latest episode of This Flippin' Podcast. Interview starts at 1:43.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-17-remixed-an-evening-with-gerry-stellenberg_72685

#73 8 years ago

Great flyer, so cool to see this coming together.

1 week later
#82 8 years ago

3 days until the reveal of the new games, can't wait!

#92 8 years ago

12 hours until the Multimorphic seminar at the Texas Pinball Festival and the reveal of the new games. Hope we can get some good reports from the show!

#102 8 years ago

Awesome launch Gerry! Great video and thanks for releasing information to Pinside at the same time as your seminar. New games look great and very diverse, can't wait to see more information.

#103 8 years ago

Here's some screen grabs showing the second game and module:

Cannon_lagoon_translite_(resized).pngCannon_lagoon_translite_(resized).pngCannon_lagoon_cabinet_(resized).pngCannon_lagoon_cabinet_(resized).pngCannon_lagoon_gameplay_1_(resized).pngCannon_lagoon_gameplay_1_(resized).png

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

I dunno, just talking. Not saying there's anything wrong with this approach. I just think it could be enhanced with ball-trap modes that in turn present a virtual game that does even more.

The beauty of this system is that it opens up so many gameplay options. With the P3 development kit which Gerry is going to make public you, or someone else, could make a game which incorporates the features you describe.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

What happened to Cosmic cart racing?

Coming soon. They've finished Lexy Lightspeed so the game development team will now turn their attention to CCR as I understand it.

#109 8 years ago

Screen grabs of Barnyard (kid's game) and ROCs:

Barnyard_gameplay_(resized).pngBarnyard_gameplay_(resized).pngROCs_gameplay_(resized).pngROCs_gameplay_(resized).png

#111 8 years ago

Also posted this in the TPF thread but I would really like to see any pics or video from the Multimoprhic deep dive session. It would be great to see a video of a game being swapped over on the platform. Maybe Gerry will post some later after the festival.

#112 8 years ago

Found this:

#119 8 years ago

It's small steps for this company. Remember that they don't have the financial backing of some of the other companies, nor can they rely on money from pre-orders (given their no-money-down policy). Obviously the new games were never going to be as complex as Lexy Lightspeed, given that the development time for them was much shorter. I think the point of showing the 4 new games was to show that games could be directed at different target demographics (pinball enthusiasts, new players, children, operators) which gives the system a great deal of versatility.

I said about a year ago that I was looking forward to seeing the following with this system:

1. A second game and a video of one game being swapped for another.
2. A mid-playfield module with floating mid-playfield mechanisms.
3. Different flipper configurations being swapped in and out of the game.

At TPF, they achieved this first goal, hopefully we will see video of this soon, because I think it will create a great deal of excitement, much the way the video of Heighway's playfield swap did. We've seen virtual mock-ups of 2 and 3, so we know they are on the cards. I think prototype versions of these goals would also really help to dispel some people's misgivings about the system's limitations.

I'll add two more milestones which I think will be really important for raising awareness about the system:

4. A licensed game.
5. A game developed by a third party.

Both of these will probably come after the systems are shipping which they are, quite rightly, focusing on at the moment.

Anyway, I know Gerry is aware of all this, and I think they are heading in the right direction. The great thing about this system is the modularity of the system means that everything new they create builds on what they've already done. This thing is just going to get better and better.

#141 8 years ago

PS - I have a bunch of pictures and some videos of gameplay. I'll try to get them posted in the next few days.

Looking forward to this. Could you please also post a video of a game swap if you have time, thanks.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

With some scenes containing a virtual ball, there could be both interaction with virtual elements (rollovers and targets, yes, but also barriers and other interactive toys) AND allow the flippers to give control. It would be the best of both physical and virtual pinball.

I was thinking about this idea. One thing that could be cool is to have the real ball turn into a virtual one after it goes into a scoop in the upper playfield area. This virtual ball is then seen falling onto a virtual lower playfield on the LCD (like the cellar in Haunted House, except virtual). Then after you complete a task you hit the virtual ball into a virtual VUK which sends the real ball back out onto the real playfield (like the alligator ball save on Lexy Lightspeed). Anyway, no doubt they have thought of this already but it's best to do this later on, so people don't get confused and mistake the P3 for a virtual pinball machine.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

During his TPF seminar last year, Gerry demonstrated not just a playfield swap, but disassembling the whole darn machine. It's completely modular. He had the machine in pieces in 10 minutes and he took his sweet time explaining the process as he went. In another few minutes (10-ish) it was back together, he fired up a game, and everything was functional.

Wow, would love to see that!

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from RCernuda:

Found this on Pinball News, showing a walk-by of the Multimorphic booth

Cannon Lagoon looks really bright and modern in that video, much better than the pics above.

#176 8 years ago

Thanks very much for the video, this game looks really fun. It was obvious from the video that beginners could instantly understand what they had to do, achieve some simple goals and have fun with this game.

On another note, how reliable are the latest prototypes? I haven't heard any reports of any problems during the show, were there any issues?

#193 8 years ago

When we're shipping machines in a few months

#210 8 years ago

Multimorphic talk from TPF is now up on Pinball News:

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/tpf2016/multimorphic.mp3

#217 8 years ago

Great interview with Gerry from Multimorphic on the latest episode of Kaneda's podcast:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-25-interview-with-gerry-of-multimorphic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-revealing-four-new-games-at-tpf?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.