IMG_1607_(resized).JPG
IMG_1603_(resized).JPG
IMG_1594_(resized).JPG
IMG_1589_(resized).JPG
IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_1576_(resized).JPG
IMG_1569_(resized).JPG
IMG_1568_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinworthy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 8 years ago

Some of this I posted in another thread but it seems appropriate here.
I had the chance to hear the Multimorphic presentation at TPF and then play some games on Lexy, as a result I am very impressed. The tech and features are outstanding and I thought that Lexy game play was very good, the interactive playfield was certainly unique. I will be watching to see where they go with bumpers or other mechanical devices over the LCD portion of the playfield (that was where it misses the mark for me).
I see real promise in the redemption arena with Cannon Lagoon, it think that was a smart direction and a better target audience. I think quick, easy service/repair via the modular design could bring pinball back into places like D&Bs.
As far as making a purchase, the price point is a bit high but not a deal breaker, tech is cool and currently the game play is good but in the end the video game aspect left me missing the traditional playfield experience. I wish the team the best and will follow along with the progress but at this point I don't see one in my game room.

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

This is a fascinating topic to me, especially since the traditionalists want as little dynamic content on the playfield as possible and others want photo-realistic, high quality, HD content. Those who say the P3 *must* deliver <enter specific features here> to succeed are likely speaking from their own desires rather than the pulse of the community. I have yet to surmise a concensus from the community, and I've been listening to community feedback about the capabilities of the P3 for a couple of years now.
It's impossible to please everybody with each game. Trying to do so would be a mistake. One of our goals is to deliver enough gameplay and content diversity to give everybody something they'll love (and hopefully a lot of things they'll love). ....

I'm probably in the "traditionalist" category but I also LIKE the dynamic content and do think it is an important part of the concept. That being said after playing a couple games I did feel like there was a "gap" between the flippers and the upper playfield. The dynamic content allows for scoring opportunities but it doesn't interact with the ball if that makes sense. Breaking the crates was cool the first time I did it but it didn't stick with me. These are not criticisms just my observations. I was impressed with the presentation and the things I read here, I do think you are on the right track. I think you will sell games, right now it isn't the right game for me but never say never.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious - do you feel there's a similar "gap" between the flippers and physical shots on the majority of games with relatively open playfields (including many of the new games being released)? I'm wondering how much of this is perception from the way the LCD and wall/scoop modules appear versus a true difference between LL-EE's layout and other games. The ball doesn't react with artwork or inserts on other playfields either, but you aren't presented with the notion that it should. How did you feel about the ball rolling around the main mode in LL-EE (the map mode), where there's essentially no dynamic content and no virtual targets?
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

Hmmm you bring up an interesting point, is it real or simply a perception based on visuals. I really had to go back and think about what I felt while playing. I do think the position of the wall modules may make the area seem longer than it really is. I think that visually the eye is drawn to the LCD and with the rather pastel image colors it exaggerates the distances, a bolder or more dimensional image might "shorten" the gap because most other machines the space seems more proportional (other than AFM which does feel barren).
The more I consider it I think the relatively "flat" image with the "abrupt" vertical elements of the back playfield are causing the illusion I experienced. I compared images with P3 and std pins and it really depends on what is on the display.

Side bar, one thing that my wife mentioned and caught my eye during the presentation was the ball trail, she didn't like it but I found while playing I didn't really notice it as much. Is that something that a user could turnoff?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinworthy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-revealing-four-new-games-at-tpf?tu=pinworthy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.