IMG_1607_(resized).JPG
IMG_1603_(resized).JPG
IMG_1594_(resized).JPG
IMG_1589_(resized).JPG
IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_1576_(resized).JPG
IMG_1569_(resized).JPG
IMG_1568_(resized).JPG
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#50 8 years ago

No money down?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand those words.... Re-reading to find the catch.

Pretty awesome.

I always thought THIS was the kind of project Pat Lawlor would re-surface with.

Regardless, super exciting!

#51 8 years ago

Don't want to lie in a contract that obliges me to purchase a $10k product. Perhaps I'll get in contact with Gerry and see if I can work it out with him.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Man, sucks that the special pre-order offer ends just a few weeks before I turn 18. I would love to be in on a P3 order, but that age restriction unfortunately keeps me out of it.

Grow up, quicker!

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Man, sucks that the special pre-order offer ends just a few weeks before I turn 18. I would love to be in on a P3 order, but that age restriction unfortunately keeps me out of it.

Do not lie, send an email to Multimorphic, explain your situation and send a copy of ID and I think they would agree to extend the deadline just for you until you turn 18... that would make a Happy Birthday!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Do not lie, send a email to Multimorphic, explain your situation and send a copy of ID and I thing they would agree to extend the deadline just for you until you turn 18... that would make a Happy Birthday!

That's what I intend to do when I get a chance. Gerry seems like an incredibly reasonable guy; I was amazed with what he had to show of Lexy Lightspeed at ReplayFX, and then his panel at Expo and totally sold me on P3.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

#55 8 years ago

The first ever open source pinball maker sandbox is way more intriguing to me than the number of launch titles.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Congrats, Gerry. See you in Texas!

Thanks, Robin. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Let's discuss privately ([email protected]). We unfortunately can't waive the age restriction, but I'm sure we can come up with another solution.

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Don't want to ... in a contract that obliges me to purchase a $10k product.

To be clear, the pre-order doesn't obligate anybody to spend any money. It reserves a spot in the production queue. When it's time to make the machine, we'll ask for payment. That's when you get to decide whether or not to follow through with your order by paying.

Quoted from Law:

The first ever open source pinball maker sandbox is way more intriguing to me than the number of launch titles.

Admittedly, there have been other open-source pinball frameworks, including the original pinball framework for the P-ROC (pyprocgame). I think the P3 is the first open-platform physical pinball initiative, allowing anybody to create games for the P3, whether for personal use only or to distribute commercially.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

To be clear, the pre-order doesn't obligate anybody to spend any money. It reserves a spot in the production queue. When it's time to make the machine, we'll ask for payment. That's when you get to decide whether or not to follow through with your order by paying.

I'll send you an email.

And of course, I do get that it's totally restriction-free, but personally I would feel obliged as I wouldn't want to get in on something I can't go through with.

Thanks Gerry!

#58 8 years ago

Can anyone point me to a good (recent) video of the game?

The ones I've seen on YouTube don't seem to do it justice (I've never seen it in person)

#59 8 years ago

Even the overhead monitors don't really do it justice. I didn't wait around for the lines at last year's TPF, or at CAX. The good news for P3 is they were always busy demoing! I'm hopeful to find time on it at this year's TPF.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Can anyone point me to a good (recent) video of the game?
The ones I've seen on YouTube don't seem to do it justice (I've never seen it in person)

There has not been any video released since Expo last year as far as I can tell. Here is the latest one I think:

#62 8 years ago

Great interview with Gerry from Multimorphic on the latest episode of This Flippin' Podcast. Interview starts at 1:43.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-17-remixed-an-evening-with-gerry-stellenberg_72685

#63 8 years ago

I took this at pintastic last year...

#64 8 years ago

It's amazing how much every piece adds to the playing experience. Lexy now presents a complete package... because...

Voice callouts are in! We've integrated over 800 callouts to provide depth and variety, and we've done it in a way that supplements the sound effects and on screen instructions rather than replacing them.

Those who will be at TPF are in for a treat. We'll try to get some videos up for the rest of you.

- Gerry

#65 8 years ago

I've said it before, and I'll say it many times more I'm sure! Gerry you're awesome!!! And P3 is one of the greatest things in pinball I've ever seen!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I took this at pintastic last year...
» YouTube video

Thanks- that was a good vid.

I REALLY need to see one of these in person!

#67 8 years ago

Can't wait, Gerry! I'll see you just one month after I saw you at APE.

#68 8 years ago

Our TPF ad has our booth schedule, showing when the various games will be swapped. Please plan on visiting the booth a couple of times to enjoy more of our games, and don't miss the game reveals during our 12pm seminar, which includes free lunch and various giveaways!

If your kids will be at the show, we'll have the kids game available for play at 2pm on Saturday and 10am on Sunday.

Also, don't forget to send your zero-risk order forms in to take advantage of the 5-for-1 offer. Only 13 days left!

- Gerry

P3_TPF_Ad_2016_smaller_(resized).jpgP3_TPF_Ad_2016_smaller_(resized).jpg

#69 8 years ago

Do the other modules come in those sweet looking heavy duty crates? Or is that just an artist representation?

#70 8 years ago

Hey Gerry, will you have the new games (especially the children's game) at SFGE this year?

I'd love to check out the new stuff.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Do the other modules come in those sweet looking heavy duty crates? Or is that just an artist representation?

The games will come in stackable boxes, but they might not look exactly like the ones pictured. The ones pictured are representative of the concept.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey Gerry, will you have the new games (especially the children's game) at SFGE this year?
I'd love to check out the new stuff.

We hope so, but we're not 100% sure yet. We're still working out our show schedule for the year.

- Gerry

#72 8 years ago

The games will come in stackable boxes, but they might not look exactly like the ones pictured. The ones pictured are representative of the concept.

Great either way...

#73 8 years ago

Great flyer, so cool to see this coming together.

#74 8 years ago

Our TPF ad has our booth schedule, showing when the various games will be swapped. Please plan on visiting the booth a couple of times to enjoy more of our games, and don't miss the game reveals during our 12pm seminar, which includes free lunch and various giveaways!
If your kids will be at the show, we'll have the kids game available for play at 2pm on Saturday and 10am on Sunday.
Also, don't forget to send your zero-risk order forms in to take advantage of the 5-for-1 offer. Only 13 days left!
- Gerry
P3_TPF_Ad_2016_smaller_(resized).jpg

Will you be attending the Allentown show? I'm going to sign up and would really like to see and play one in person. I've been trying to get several of pinball friends to take a closer look at this. Hopefully you can make it, so my buds and others in this heavily populated area can have a try. I was originally skeptical that this was ever going to get done. Now I applaud your hard work getting this to market with so many others failing to do so

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I was originally skeptical that this was ever going to get done. Now I applaud your hard work getting this to market with so many others failing to do so

Thank you for your honesty. That we're nearing production is a testament to the dedication and talent of an amazing group of people, many of whom I hadn't met before taking the early P3 prototypes to shows around the country. It's hard to explain how cool it is to see a group of people come together over a set of ideas and help turn those ideas into reality. The development of the P3 has been an enormous undertaking... and a fun one. We're not shipping yet, but we're very close!

Quoted from TaTa:

Will you be attending the Allentown show? I'm going to sign up and would really like to see and play one in person. I've been trying to get several of pinball friends to take a closer look at this. Hopefully you can make it, so my buds and others in this heavily populated area can have a try.

Allentown isn't currently on the schedule, but we'd love to get there. I grew up in the Delaware valley, and it'd be fun to go back.

- Gerry

#76 8 years ago

One more week...

#78 8 years ago

I'm expecting full reports from those fortunate enough to attend TPF.

Wish I could be there,
Ryan

#79 8 years ago

Are you guys going to Pintastic New England again this year? It was my favorite game there. My son and I couldn't get enough of it.

#80 8 years ago

http://www.pinballshowdown.com/index.html

How about Denver, June 10-12???

#81 8 years ago

Really Really hope to see the new games at Pintastic New England this year!!!!

#82 8 years ago

3 days until the reveal of the new games, can't wait!

#83 8 years ago

Last minute call for me to attend the show but I've got to come see these games along with GB.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Last minute call for me to attend the show but I've got to come see these games along with GB.

Yeah? You coming out?

#85 8 years ago

Time is running out on our 5 games for 1 special! Be sure to send in a form (email or postal service) before the end of Sunday, March 20 to take advantage of the offer.

The interest has been incredible so far! So I encourage everybody to get their forms in as soon as possible. You can download the form from our website.

- Gerry

#86 8 years ago

5 games for 1 special! Be sure to send in a form (email or postal service) before the end of Sunday, March 20 to take advantage of the offer.

Here's a direct link to the form page:

http://www.multimorphic.com/index.php/p3-pinball-platform/pre-orders#

Already in with mine.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Show up Thursday Kim, and go with me to Pappasito's.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Yeah? You coming out?

Yikes! Forget the pinball rooms, I just booked the last room available in the entire hotel.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yikes! Forget the pinball rooms, I just booked the last room available in the entire hotel.

You got lucky- someone must have cancelled, the place has been full since July.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Are you guys going to Pintastic New England again this year? It was my favorite game there. My son and I couldn't get enough of it.

Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Really Really hope to see the new games at Pintastic New England this year!!!!

We had a great time at Pintastic last year and would love to be there again. I'll be talking with Gabe more about it at TPF this weekend.

Same for RMPS - would love to get to Denver again! I'll be talking with Dan at TPF this weekend too.

- Gerry

#91 8 years ago

Just re-read the preorder benefits that got added after I got on - if anyone wants to list me under their referral, I'd be glad to accept!

#92 8 years ago

12 hours until the Multimorphic seminar at the Texas Pinball Festival and the reveal of the new games. Hope we can get some good reports from the show!

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

12 hours until the Multimorphic seminar at the Texas Pinball Festival and the reveal of the new games. Hope we can get some good reports from the show!

Yes, please!

#94 8 years ago

Yeah - some of us couldn't go to TPF.

#95 8 years ago

Oh damn, Texas is on Central time that's why I can't find any info

#96 8 years ago

Just got this from Gerry, hot off the press!

----------------------

Multimorphic is proud to announce four new games for the P3, the innovative and modular physical pinball platform. Along with Multimorphic's first game, Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth, these four games combine to deliver a variety of pinball playing experiences and offer shot layouts and game rules that are sure to interest a wide range of gaming enthusiasts.

Whereas Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth has an intricate shot layout and a deep set of game rules, these new games each provide a gaming experience that is easily understandable and enjoyable by everybody, even those playing each game for the first time. Each game also explores a different set of features and shows off different capabilities of the P3 pinball platform.

Video introduction here:

Cannon Lagoon is a redemption-style game with a progressive ruleset that begins fairly easy and ends up being extremely challenging for even the most experienced pinball players. It's a pirate-themed game that makes use of a 5-lane shot layout and upper LCD screen, which combine to make it intuitively obvious where the player should shoot at all times. Original, hand-drawn cabinet, playfield, and plastic artwork help to create the full visual experience that pinball enthusiasts have come to expect from new game releases. Cannon Lagoon is a level-based game with unlimited balls served to the player during each level. The game ends when the level timer expires before the player successfully shoots all of the required shots.

ROCs is a mini-game that can be played regardless of which playfield module is installed in the P3. ROCs presents a progressively more difficult-to-destroy set of moving targets on the dynamic and interactive playfield, and it makes heavy use of the wall and scoop assembly built into the P3. Players can use power-ups to help clear targets and replenish the health of their 'shield' and the strength of their flippers. By default, ROCs is a 3-ball game, with extra balls occasionally available from power-ups.

Barnyard is a mini-game aimed at young players and can also be played regardless of which playfield module is installed in the P3. The primary gameplay objective is to shoot the various animals that appear on the dynamic and interactive playfield. New animals appear periodically on their own, and more appear when physical features on the upper playfield module are shot. Barnyard is a timed-game, starting with the sun rising over the barn and ending when the sun completely sets.

Lexy Lightspeed - Secret Agent Showdown is a mini-game that focuses on interacting with the 8-ball physical ball lock (the spaceship) on the Lexy Lightspeed upper playfield module. Eight balls are served to the player, one at a time, allowing the player the opportunity to fill up the spaceship. After the eighth ball is either locked or drained, the player then battles the secret agents of Area 53.1 in fast-paced, multiball action.

ROCs and Barnyard are back by popular demand from the early P3 concept demonstration machines, Lexy Lightspeed - Secret Agent Showdown is an exciting way to enjoy its upper playfield module without worrying about the wider set of objectives in Escape From Earth, and Cannon Lagoon is a completely original concept, playfield layout, and artwork package.

Lexy Lightspeed and Cannon Lagoon each work with their own upper playfield modules. P3 game swaps, including playfield and artwork swaps, can be completed in well under 2 minutes and don't require any tools. P3 owners wanting to switch between games, even multiple times in the same playing session, can do so in much the same way games and controllers are switched in a video game console, by pulling one game module out of the system, plugging the new game module into the system, and turning on power. Upon booting, the P3's software system presents a menu of installed games and utilities, allowing the owner or operator to select the game or utility to be loaded. Those preferring to have their machine automatically load a specific game can simply set a a default game option in the App-Launcher. Games that require playfield modules that aren't currently installed in the machine are locked so they can't be accidentally activated.

Through March 20, 2016, anybody reserving a P3 through Multimorphic's 0-down, risk free machine reservation program will receive all 5 games when following through with the purchase of their P3. To reserve your machine today, and to take advantage of this amazing offer, download and fill out the pre-order form (https://www.dropbox.com/s/a54l4kikwoz3dnv/P3_preorder_form.pdf?dl=0), and mail or email it to Multimorphic (addresses specified on the form). The introductory price of the P3 is $9,875.

In addition to Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth and the four games discussed above, Multimorphic and 3rd party developers will continue releasing new and exciting games for the P3, including games with intricate shot layouts and deep rulesets, as well as new mini-games. New games will be purchasable through the P3 Game Store. Visit www.multimorphic.com for more information as it becomes available.

-------------------------

That's all I got. Enjoy!

Rory

#97 8 years ago

I commented on the video, but I could be way off base. This is the first time I've seen these...

"Maybe I just haven't seen the right videos, but it seems like the game is substantially underutilizing the LCD. I'd love to see a minigame or smaller playfield that locks the real ball and uses a virtual ball on the LCD; this could lead to games that make much better use of the lower playfield. Otherwise I'm afraid the game just isn't interactive enough, with the only real ball features being in the upper 1/3 of the playfield. Does that make sense?"

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

I commented on the video, but I could be way off base. This is the first time I've seen these...
"Maybe I just haven't seen the right videos, but it seems like the game is substantially underutilizing the LCD. I'd love to see a minigame or smaller playfield that locks the real ball and uses a virtual ball on the LCD; this could lead to games that make much better use of the lower playfield. Otherwise I'm afraid the game just isn't interactive enough, with the only real ball features being in the upper 1/3 of the playfield. Does that make sense?"

The real ball can interact with everything on the LCD as there are sensors to detect the exact position of the pinball.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from RCernuda:

Just got this from Gerry, hot off the press!

Awesome!

#100 8 years ago

Although not quite what i want as a player, the redemption module makes it something great for operators and i see it definitely making it into production now. Good for these guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-revealing-four-new-games-at-tpf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.