Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gstellenberg
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 45 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1626_(resized).JPG
IMG_1623_(resized).JPG
IMG_1622_(resized).JPG
IMG_1621_(resized).JPG
IMG_1615_(resized).JPG
IMG_1614_(resized).JPG
IMG_1611_(resized).JPG
IMG_1608_(resized).JPG
IMG_1607_(resized).JPG
IMG_1603_(resized).JPG
IMG_1594_(resized).JPG
IMG_1589_(resized).JPG
IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_1576_(resized).JPG
IMG_1569_(resized).JPG
IMG_1568_(resized).JPG

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 3 years ago

With TPF behind us, the four new games are:

Cannon Lagoon (full, redemption-style game with a new upper playfield and art package)
ROCs
Barnyard
Lexy Lightspeed - Secret Agent Showdown.

--------------

Here's the full [tease] announcement from our public update before the show:

--------------

After showing off our early technology concept machine in 2012 and then iterating on prototype implementations over the last couple of years, I am incredibly proud to announce that the design of the most feature-rich and innovative physical pinball platform ever developed, the P3, is complete.

It's no surprise that there have been no significant technological advancements or gameplay innovations in the pinball industry for decades. The traditional, single-piece, wooden playfield isn't configured to accommodate modularity, comprehensive ball-tracking, or dynamic playfield artwork, and traditional control systems can't support new, high-tech features. Developing a revolutionary machine, or just revolutionary gameplay features, would therefore be a time-consuming, expensive, and risky proposition for anybody.

As is true in most industries, significant advancements are typically introduced by startup companies, and in the pinball industry, we (Multimorphic) are that startup. We've spent the time and money, we've taken the risk, and we've succeeded in creating a platform that delivers on our vision for modularity and gameplay innovations.

It's taken a team of incredibly passionate and talented individuals to get us to this point, and the machine is just one part of the picture. Along the way, we've developed (and continue to develop) the most advanced control system in the industry, the P-ROC/P3-ROC and associated switch and driver boards. Hundreds of custom machine developers and a number of new machine manufacturers are using our control system in their machines, and it's what we use in the P3 as well. We've also been working towards a public release of our P3 pinball development kit, which will allow anybody to create games for the P3 Pinball Platform. This is the same set of development tools and libraries we use internally to create our games.

The P3 Pinball Platform, the P-ROC/P3-ROC control system, and our software development kit combine to enable an incredibly diverse library of games. We invite other companies to participate in building up the P3 game library, and we're doing everything we can to ensure it's easy for them to do so. At the same time, we're building our own games. As pinball hobbyists ourselves, we love traditional games with interesting shot layouts and deep, fun rulesets, and our first game (Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth) is exactly that type of game. With the development of LL-EE wrapping up (voice callouts are being added now), we'll soon resume development of Cosmic Cart Racing, which is another mostly traditional-style game with an interesting shot layout and fairly deep ruleset. After (or in parallel with) that, we'll continue developing traditional-style games, including both licensed and original themes.

In addition to developing a large library of traditional-style games, we intend to use the P3 to explore different shot layouts and gameplay styles in an effort to grow the pinball market beyond the traditional player and hobbyist. We've been talking about the capabilities of the P3 for a long time and asking you to imagine the possibilities, but those days are coming to an end. The P3 is so appealing to so many people that we've had a number of volunteers offer to help us develop our tools and games. Because of that, we've been able to develop some of our untraditional game ideas while the platform and LL-EE teams were busy with their own tasks.

At the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival (http://www.texaspinball.com), we'll be hosting a seminar on Saturday at noon. We'll be providing FREE LUNCH, giving away a bunch of great prizes (translites, t-shirts, etc), and revealing four new games for the P3.

I'll repeat that. During our seminar at TPF 2016 (3/19 @ 12pm), we'll be revealing FOUR new games for the P3.

To be clear, these game reveals won't just be discussions of themes and future development plans. We'll be showing you the games during our seminar and letting you play each of them at various times throughout the rest of the show. We'll therefore have a total of 5 games available for play at TPF.

We developed these new games to show off more capabilities of the platform, and they each have a specific purpose.

One of the new games is a full package that includes an upper playfield module, new cabinet artwork, and progressive game rules. It's much less intimidating to casual players than a traditional game. People will be able to walk up to it, instantly understand what to do, and enjoy a gameplay experience that progresses from simple to extremely difficult.

The other 3 games are what we call "mini-games" that work with one or more existing upper playfield modules. One game is built from the LL-EE code base, works only with the LL-EE playfield module, and delivers a short, fun game that integrates the most interesting mechanisms on the playfield. Another game is a children's game that works with, and utilizes, any upper playfield module. The last game is one that works specifically with the dynamic and interactive lower playfield and wall/scoop assembly, regardless of which upper playfield module is installed.

I apologize for intentionally not including any pictures with this update. We'll do much better than pictures at TPF!

Anybody who signs up by the end of the TPF weekend to buy a P3 will get all 5 games for free with their purchase of the platform. Whether you're present at the show or not, you need only to fill out and submit one of our pre-order forms (available at http://www.multimorphic.com) before Sunday, March 20th 2016 at 11:59pm CST. As is our policy, we won't ask for any payments until we start the manufacturing process on your machine, at which time you can decide to follow through with your order or cancel it with no penalty. Orders will be processed in the sequence they are received. Feel free to submit your forms now.

As with all of our promotions, all customers with an active pre-order on file participate in all new promotions offered prior to the manufacturing of their machine. This means that our earliest pre-order customers get these 5 games as well as everything they were offered previously, including Cosmic Cart Racing when it ships.

Please accept a sincere thank you on behalf of the entire Multimorphic team for supporting us throughout this endeavor. Your patience, support, and encouragement continues to motivate us all. With the platform design complete, much of our team is now focused on preparing for the manufacturing process and ensuring that our suppliers and contract manufacturing partners are successful in helping us build the most innovative pinball platform ever developed and deliver the best price-per-game value in the industry. Once all parts pass first article inspections and sample machines are built to our specifications and quality standards, we'll begin producing and shipping customer machines.

Feel free contact me directly with any questions or comments.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#2 3 years ago

The most innovation pinball is seeing is happening with P3. Congrats Gerry on all you've accomplished!!!

#4 3 years ago

oh yeah, glad i decided to make the trip this year! Cant wait to see these!

#5 3 years ago

Oh snap!

. . . .

Does this mean the new game count for all manufacturers at the TPF might hit two digits?

#6 3 years ago

the party just got partier

#7 3 years ago

Great news Gerry and well done!

#8 3 years ago

Can't wait to hear more Gerry! Great news indeed.

#9 3 years ago

Congrats P-3 team, some very cool looking features. If someone preordered today when could they expect their game?

#10 3 years ago

Congrats to Gerry and the P3 team. This is great news and there isn't a nicer guy out there. Look forward to seeing you in Texas.

#11 3 years ago

Lexy Lightspeed is a game I'm incredibly excited for, and the fact that you guys have FOUR more about to be announced BLOWS MY MIND! I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle all of this.

#12 3 years ago

I miss living in Austin when you'd get to playtest this stuff! Grats guys

#13 3 years ago

Tear it up, Gerry!

#15 3 years ago

The only actual innovation in pinball in the last 18 years!

Keep it coming.

#16 3 years ago

See you at noon on Saturday!

#18 3 years ago

I'm excited.

#19 3 years ago

Nice! Congrats!

#20 3 years ago

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger.

#21 3 years ago

Pretty smart to create kids versions of games on the same playfield. I know my 3 year old likes pinball in theory but my games are all to complicated for her to really play. I am very interested in this.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

One of the new games is a full package that includes an upper playfield module, new cabinet artwork, and progressive game rules. It's much less intimidating to casual players than a traditional game. People will be able to walk up to it, instantly understand what to do, and enjoy a gameplay experience that progresses from simple to extremely difficult.
The other 3 games are what we call "mini-games" that work with one or more existing upper playfield modules. One game is built from the LL-EE code base, works only with the LL-EE playfield module, and delivers a short, fun game that integrates the most interesting mechanisms on the playfield. Another game is a children's game that works with, and utilizes, any upper playfield module. The last game is one that works specifically with the dynamic and interactive lower playfield and wall/scoop assembly, regardless of which upper playfield module is installed.

This is so great. So to recap, there are going to be 5 playable games at TPF:

1. Full Game #1: Lexy Lightspeed - Escape from Earth
2. Full Game #2: New theme with new playfield module, cabinet art and software
3. Mini game #1: New game using LL-EE playfield module and code base
4. Mini game #2: Children's game (can use any upper playfield module)
5. Mini game #3: New game (using lower playfield and wall/scoop assembly)

So...does game 3 have a different theme or is it still in the world of Lexy Lightspeed?

#23 3 years ago

Seeing as you will have 2 full games now, will you be doing a timed playfield/game swap in the seminar?

#24 3 years ago

Awesome!! Man, my decision to fly over from Oz for TPF just gets better and better!

#25 3 years ago

Uh, oh. I get this warning when accessing your site:

"A malicious web page has attempted to infect you with a web-based attack (drive-by download)"

and my antivirus blocks access as a result. Might want to do a virus scan on your website. You might be infecting fans.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Awesome!! Man, my decision to fly over from Oz for TPF just gets better and better!

Jealous........Ill be expecting an in depth report.

Very tempted by P3......by far the most exciting company in Pinball today. The platform has endless potential.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

"A malicious web page has attempted to infect you with a web-based attack (drive-by download)"
and my antivirus blocks access as a result. Might want to do a virus scan on your website. You might be infecting fans.

Not getting that here:

Untitled_(resized).png

#28 3 years ago

Very cool to read!
I would love to be at TPF

#29 3 years ago

I think I might have to get this now

#30 3 years ago

OH man, this sounds exciting, good luck with the unveiling!!

#32 3 years ago

Congrats Gerry! You guys have put together a truly fun, unique, and innovative platform that has so much potential! I had an absolute blast playing Lexy Lightspeed at the Houston Arcade Expo back in November and found it to be the most fun game I played at the show!

I really look forward to seeing the new games from you guys! It's really exciting to see such awesome work coming from a Texas-based company! Thanks for representing us Texans so well!

#33 3 years ago

This is amazing news. Congrats and thank you Gerry!

#34 3 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. Can't tell you how much we appreciate your support and enthusiasm for our efforts.

Quoted from rustyrivets:

Congrats P-3 team, some very cool looking features. If someone preordered today when could they expect their game?

This depends on a number of factors, including how well the pilot build goes, how quickly we can ramp up production, what percentage of existing pre-orders follow through with their purchase, and how efficiently we deal with unexpected issues. Our contract manufacturers expect to be able to scale volumes up pretty quickly, but I'll defer estimating delivery dates until I can confirm that.

Quoted from jamieflowers:

Pretty smart to create kids versions of games on the same playfield. I know my 3 year old likes pinball in theory but my games are all to complicated for her to really play. I am very interested in this.

Thanks. Traditional pinball machines mostly target a single demographic; we're hoping to have enough gameplay and theme variety to interest everybody in the family.

Quoted from solarvalue:

This is so great. So to recap, there are going to be 5 playable games at TPF:
1. Full Game #1: Lexy Lightspeed - Escape from Earth
2. Full Game #2: New theme with new playfield module, cabinet art and software
3. Mini game #1: New game using LL-EE playfield module and code base
4. Mini game #2: Children's game (can use any upper playfield module)
5. Mini game #3: New game (using lower playfield and wall/scoop assembly)
So...does game 3 have a different theme or is it still in the world of Lexy Lightspeed?

Definitely still in the "world of Lexy Lightspeed".

Quoted from solarvalue:

Seeing as you will have 2 full games now, will you be doing a timed playfield/game swap in the seminar?

Sure, we can do that. Maybe we should even have a random audience member do the swap.

Quoted from vireland:

Quoted from solarvalue:

Not getting that here:
Untitled_(resized).png

Thanks for letting me know. This looks like a real issue, somehow related to accessing the site via google links rather than full/direct URLs. I'll make sure it gets resolved.

Quoted from BD_Designs:

Congrats Gerry! You guys have put together a truly fun, unique, and innovative platform that has so much potential! I had an absolute blast playing Lexy Lightspeed at the Houston Arcade Expo back in November and found it to be the most fun game I played at the show!

Thanks for saying that. A pinball platform is nothing without engaging and fun games, and LL-EE is just the tip of the iceberg.

Looking forward to seeing many of you at TPF. If there are more specific requests for seminar topics, feel free to suggest them. Also, if you're serious about wanting a P3, I'd encourage you to send your form back quickly. The response to this announcement has been fantastic!

- Gerry

#35 3 years ago

Wow, just wow! This is great news for everyone into pinball. A fire has just been lit under all the other pinball manufacturer's asses!

#36 3 years ago

So this is virtual pinball at its best?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Nope, not virtual pinball. Real pinball with dynamic and interactive playfield artwork and the advantages of a multi-game platform. Pinball at its best.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Traditional pinball machines mostly target a single demographic

So, Playboy was game #4 for Pin2K... I wonder how long it will take for an adult-themed game to show up.

#39 3 years ago

What these guys are doing is truly innovation. Its great to see them making progress. Was awesome having them at Pintastic last year. Would love for them to be back for 2016. Now with the new 5 games what a perfect fit for a great family event like Pintastic. I will be seeing you in Texas Gerry!

#40 3 years ago

What a great concept. Can't wait to see one in action. Best of luck Multimorphic!

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Perhaps from afar, the P3 could be construed as virtual pinball. I see you're from Colorado and I'm not sure the P3 made it to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, so maybe you haven't had the pleasure of laying your hands on this platform yet. To put it lightly, virtual pinball doesn't begin to describe the P3 experience. Perhaps a more accurate statement would be physical pinball at its most innovative.

- Dynamically updating LCD playfield
- Modular back 1/3 playfield for easy game swaps and minimal storage requirements
- Modular everything else (side targets, flipper assemblies, slingshots, wireforms, etc)
- Wall and scoop assembly
- Game design and coding that hasn't been seen before (game saves, player profiles, team play, one-handed gameplay, the list goes on and on)

Despite the fact that the LCD senses a physical ball, the physical ball also hits A LOT of physical targets. Just look at Lexi and start counting. It's astounding everything Dennis Nordman fit into that back 1/3 of a playfield, including one of the coolest, 8-ball, physical ball locks I've ever seen with that crashed space ship. Not to mention all the possibilities of the walls and scoops. Not to mention all the side targets/slings/etc hovering over the LCD playfield. I hope I'm not sounding pejorative here (honestly just trying to educate), but there are A LOT of physical targets in Lexi Lightspeed - Escape from Earth.

Speaking from first-hand experience, after playing LL-EE at the 2015 Chicago Expo, I had a hard time playing anything else. Walking around the various halls and exhibits I found myself thinking, "All I wanna do is go back and play the P3." It was fast, fun, deep, and challenging. An absolute blast, not just in comparison to where the project started in 2012 (which is quite the triumph), but in comparison to anything else on the market. This product is no longer just brimming with potential, it is potential realized.

Do yourself a favor and make the P3 a requisite stop-and-play if it appears at a show near you. If you have the time, I'd also suggest starting a conversation with the soft-spoken bald man next to the machine. You'll learn a lot more about what exciting things this platform has accomplished.

Can't wait to see more reveals from TPF! Congrats on moving the industry into the 21st century, Gerry and the Multimorphic crew!

Sincerely,
Ryan Clatyor

#43 3 years ago

We got our order in today.

#44 3 years ago

Looks awesome, but man that is some cheddar to be laying down on a pinball machine. Too much for me unfortunately. I'll definitely play if I see one. Please bring one to the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown!

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

but man that is some cheddar to be laying down on a pinball machine.

Agreed - the cost of the platform isn't cheap, but when you divide it over the 5 games you get with your initial purchase (if you take advantage of the current promotion - sign up by Sunday March 20), it's the best price per game offered by anybody in the industry, even if you apply non-uniform value to each of the games.

When you start adding additional full game kits and mini-games developed by us and 3rd parties, the price per game quickly becomes less than any manufacturer has ever offered since the arrival of solid state machines.

The P3 ecosystem represents a completely new paradigm. The cost per game is the lowest in the industry, the machine takes up only one spot in your house or location, and we're releasing the development kit to the public so that anybody can create new P3 games. Combine that with the serviceability and all of the new software features Ryan mentioned above, and it's clear that for an initial purchase price that's quickly becoming the norm for new games from most manufacturers, the P3 delivers significantly more.

- Gerry

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Looks awesome, but man that is some cheddar to be laying down on a pinball machine. Too much for me unfortunately.

Yep, it's a lot of money for "a" pinball machine but if you think about it in terms of price-per-game then new games for the P3 will end up being the cheapest on the market. Gerry states above that if you order by the end of TPF you will get 2 full games plus another 3 'mini' games so that's already a very competitive price-per-game. Additional new games for the platform have been estimated to cost between $1500-$3500 going forward which is way below new games from other current manufacturers.

I get that the initial start-up cost for the system is considerable but I've been thinking about selling all my other games and using the money to buy a P3. I could use the extra space, it'll be a lot easier when I move and I just won't have so much stuff lying around, not to mention that I'll get to play the most technologically advanced pingames available with all the great features described above.

Oh, and by the way, it doesn't cost anything to get in the queue, with no penalty if you let your order lapse when it's time to build your game.

Edit: There you go, Gerry said all the same stuff as I was typing

#47 3 years ago

I'm now even more stoked to go to TPF this year. Loved playing Lexy Lightspeed at Expo '14 and from what I've heard, things only got better. Getting a bunch of games that only take up space for one - that's a super strongpoint. So, I can totally imagine a place for this game in our new PinsideHQ gameroom

Congrats, Gerry. See you in Texas!

#47 3 years ago

So happy to be on the pre-order list since the beginning, can't wait to discover these new games during the TPF!
Congratulations to the Multimorphic team, that's a great achievement!

#48 3 years ago

Man, sucks that the special pre-order offer ends just a few weeks before I turn 18. I would love to be in on a P3 order, but that age restriction unfortunately keeps me out of it.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

age restriction unfortunately keeps me out of it.

just lie

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside