1FA0FF70-D9E1-4EFC-8FE6-D7FF59CEDE8C (resized).jpeg
B42341E4-0550-4371-A124-3D92343F7830 (resized).jpeg
AD5CE040-A9F1-49BB-B4FC-06A78965B86F (resized).jpeg
08A44EDD-6E27-4E90-93E9-FB9787B2232F (resized).jpeg
F9B120A3-DF9A-4A9D-A637-6E4989E3E223 (resized).jpeg
3B7C3830-6519-4BE8-8558-1D6281933172 (resized).jpeg
AA4F6360-C3C9-4F36-8347-FEE660E451E4 (resized).jpeg
789DAA55-6403-4034-A785-E77799E27AC7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

K. um. well; I can see your points... but don't really understand your frustration.
You bought a game sight unseen... never even playing one.
And now you're disappointed that the game isn't up to your expectations.
I agree on some of your points; but most are just unrealistic expectations.
I'm guessing he's trying to equate the price to a luxury item like a Aston Martin or something.
But the reality the game is reasonably priced given the platform and features it has.
I think he's expecting quality far exceeding the other manufacturers when in fact the comparison isn't fair.
He's buying into a platform not a single game. Apparently he has forgotten that.

You didn't pay for invisible glass; it's not offered on this title.

This statement alone CONFIRMS that you don't' understand the difference between a Virtual Pin and the Platform.
You should have never bought this game.

Gonna have to agree with Zitt here. I haven’t experienced almost any of these issues, but you didn’t check the balls before you installed the game?

The 3D printed side controls have been covered in the P3 thread … I’ll agree there’s a noisy fan in there (uh, ever bought a Stern?)

I asked Gerry about the potential for
Scratches on the acrylic playfield, and he said you could just buy another one for about $50 once it is needed. I believe that’s less than half the price of a playfield protector.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Multimorphic has the best customer service in the business, so if you are unhappy with the game you should contact gstellenberg, they will definitely help you.
I've never heard any complaints about the build quality before and the game I have seen in person was very well built. However, perhaps you received a rare game with some issues.
1. I agree that the bottom of the cabinet does not look up to standard, perhaps you got one that slipped through quality control. I would bring this up with Gerry. It is on the bottom though, so it will rarely be seen. If it really bothers you, you could mask of the areas and sand them to make them neater. Here's how it should look:
[quoted image]
2. The button boxes are 3D printed. Not sure anything can be done about that but you could certainly mention it to Gerry if it bothers you.
3. Yes, the playfield uses a decal. Advantages of this is that it will not pool or chip. I've heard Gerry explain this design choice by saying that because the upper playfield is far from the flippers it will not wear as much as a normal full playfield.
4. Stop using the rusted balls immediately, get some new ones or ask Multimorphic to replace them. You can easily remove the plexiglass to polish it or even replace it if it is too badly scratched.
5. What colour is the lockdown bar? I think it should be black:
[quoted image]
6. The glass is standard size, if you want invisiglass I suggest that you buy a sheet and swap it out.
7. I would talk to Multimorphic about the speakers, perhaps that can be fixed/ improved.
8. Perhaps there is an adjustment that can be made for the lockdown bar.
9. The level of the scoops can be adjusted to prevent ball hang-ups. Multimorphic can help with that.
Multimorphic is a small company. They are good guys and have a very good reputation. I'm sure if you talk to them they will address your concerns.

I wish I could upvote this 1,000 times, especially this:

Multimorphic is a small company. They are good guys and have a very good reputation. I'm sure if you talk to them they will address your [reasonable] concerns.

#23 2 years ago

Replace the balls, make sure you update to the latest System Manager and version of Heist from the website. And enjoy the game! Heist is REALLY fun

#31 2 years ago

Let’s give the guy a break, he did what many of us do when opening a NIB, expensive game - saw a couple issues, and said “I paid thousands for This!! It should be utterly flawless!” But that’s just not reality. Anyway, enjoy your game!

I would recommend NOT messing with the crane settings, other than *exactly* what Multimorphic support recommends. I changed some settings inadvertently and really messed up my game. But one email to support and they sent back 3 fully detailed documents oh how to fix (I had more than 1 issue)

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

3D printed parts are usually used in manufacturing as it’s cheaper to produce in low volumes, for the look and feel you want you need to injection mould them but there are huge upfront costs involved and unless your making tens of thousands it is not cost effective.
Although saying that costs are coming down on injection moulding and is more affordable then you think and the results blow 3D printed parts away!

I’ve always wondered if an injection mold form could itself be 3D printed … wouldn’t that solve both issues
?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-unboxing-issues?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.