1FA0FF70-D9E1-4EFC-8FE6-D7FF59CEDE8C (resized).jpeg
B42341E4-0550-4371-A124-3D92343F7830 (resized).jpeg
AD5CE040-A9F1-49BB-B4FC-06A78965B86F (resized).jpeg
08A44EDD-6E27-4E90-93E9-FB9787B2232F (resized).jpeg
F9B120A3-DF9A-4A9D-A637-6E4989E3E223 (resized).jpeg
3B7C3830-6519-4BE8-8558-1D6281933172 (resized).jpeg
AA4F6360-C3C9-4F36-8347-FEE660E451E4 (resized).jpeg
789DAA55-6403-4034-A785-E77799E27AC7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

gstellenberg
Wow what can i say ... Bravo and hats off to you sir. For the prompt and quick reply.
I was not here to hate on P3 perse or else I would not bought the machine and the 3 extra playfields...
And as this is a community I was asking if my expectations where to much and by the responds I’m getting I think I was regarding to p3
Funny thing is that if there is a stern issue or JJP issue with playfields or cabinets there are 20 topics open and they get flamed and if I say a think about Multimorpic I get a feel that there is a little group who will defend no matter what
Anyway
98% of my issues that you just adressed are “normal” on a P3
About the side button assy yes I never thought it was 3D printed . They just looked a bit rough also some printed part on the playfield are verry rough 3D printed
Cabinet paint is not an issue also as I won’t play the machine from the bottom but if it’s the firstvthing you see when opening it’s not pretty and also not a good feeling.
The humming noise is not normal and also not from the fans I send a video to my distro and he also said yeah mine makes the same noise it’s not nice but I don’t think we can help it.
Playfield yes I was not to happy about this but again it’s my expectations and I need to lower it a bit . But to say it does not damage is a bit odd since my playfield has a few damages already after just a few games. ( but that would be the rustedbls offcourse ... (added 2 pictures from where the pops are you see the white nicks that are not part of the artwork
glass I already said in the first few responds my fault!
The 2 bolts that go in the head did not fit right (maybe paint in the threads) also a heads up for you use black ones and also use rings so you won’t scratch the hinges..
Balls yes could happen . But see it as a total thing for me . If I spend 20k on the machine package I can also buy new balls haha see a bigger picture here
Lockbar paint diff on side rails I will insert here. But I’m just in some peoples eyes “asking to much”
Anyway now I know. This is exactly why I posted I love the forum for this exact reason. Hope to get little things sorted and thank you
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So what we’ve gathered is that:
• Cabinet paint is a bit slobby but otherwise a non-issue you don’t see
• 3D printed parts aren’t as smooth as molded plastic or metal. What an earth shattering revelation! (Sarcasm.) You can sand them or replace them if it bugs you.
• Fan noise is common on ALL MODERN MACHINES
• Bass thumping is due to interference from the wifi card trying to connect? Or it’s an audible alert telling you it’s trying to connect.
• Tiny gap between lockdown and cabinet, common in all WMS games. I can go take a picture of my No Fear right now with a gap like that.
• Rusty balls. Most games are having these issues. I’ve seen brand new Mandalorians come out with rusty balls. Not enough coating and humidity when shipping rusts them. Most metal comes with a coating to protect during shipping and you’re supposed to CLEAN THEM OFF and INSPECT THE BALLS before installing.
This is YOUR MISTAKE, this is the kind of research you should have done especially if you’re a new owner.
If you’ve been an owner for a while then I’m disappointed you have never done this. ALWAYS CHECK THE BALLS. They should be replaced every 6 months to a year!

You just psyched yourself out trying to find any issues after the initial paint job soured your expectations. It’s expensive because Europe which sucks, but it’s worth it. You’ll enjoy it but remove those balls ASAP. It’s destroying your game when carelessly using them.

P3’s are awesome and Multimorphic makes a great product, just sit back, relax and play some pinball!

#34 2 years ago

The guy owns 16 games and acts like he’s never heard of some basic pinball maintenance. Come on.
Maybe if this is his first game, but he’s got Cactus Canyon and Alien and pirates. Come on.
He owns a THUNDERBIRDS, that game is total garbage quality.
I wasn’t being negative I was going over your issues, listing in a way that makes sense, because most your posts are difficult to read, and when you break it down you got upset at the paint job and then picked up a big nothing burger.
Playing a game with rusty balls and damaging it is something I’d expect from someone who’s never seen a pinball machine before.
16 games? You should know better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-unboxing-issues?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.