(Topic ID: 273584)

Multimorphic P3 promotions expiring (9/16/2020)

By gstellenberg

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Heist Cornteen special ENDING SOON HD R (resized).jpg
Streaming Rig (resized).jpg
Heist Cornteen special HD R2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Does the split screen view of who you’re playing with online appear on the back box screen?

In games like CCR you see every cart's progress on the backbox and in the corner of your playfield monitor. There is a 4 cart progress tracker, and you can see who is in what position and when each racer plays a power up like a shield or gets hit by a power up like a blockade. You can also see other carts on the track when you have a line of site on their position, like, say, when I am blowing past Gerry in the last seconds of the race! I've played a ton online and I've always been able to get a feel for where everyone is and who got spun out by a power up using those displays. It's really amazing playing a power and knowing you affected someone else's machine in real time. When you add in an audio channel like the Discord channel that gammagoat set up, it's even better, because you can hear them cussing as soon as you hit them! lol.

But if you wanted to see a side by side split view in your backbox monitor, it *could* be done, but it requires both players to have a full streaming rig and and for both to feed into a Zoom chat, and for you to put the output from your streaming computer into your backbox monitor. That is, to say the least, overkill, unless you were wanting to stream your online head to head battle anyway.

I will say, having recently streamed Heist from my house, having the ability to put the output of the stream on the backbox monitor turned out to be really handy when we were playing, so we could just look straight ahead and see what was going out to the world. I really really love what this platform allows you to do!

Here is a pic of how we had the rig set up!

Streaming Rig (resized).jpgStreaming Rig (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-price-promotions-extended?tu=Sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.