• Haven’t tried it 32 votes
    19%
  • Didn’t like the games 47 votes
    28%
  • Needs a license 18 votes
    11%
  • Other 16 votes
    9%

(Multiple choice - 170 votes by 140 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-12-27_13.50.31 (resized).jpg
LL-EE_03 (resized).png
Stern-StarWars-LE-Playfield smXX-855x1501 (resized).jpg
PRO3overhead (resized).jpg
AerosmithProPlayfield001 (resized).jpg
Batman66Premium-PF-001 (resized).jpg
index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

I was sold the first time I saw one - it's in my basement right now with Cannon Lagoon installed atm. Waiting for the upcoming release of Cosmic Cart Racing...

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I want to like this tech. I love virtual and although it definitely isn't real pinball

I’ll disagree on this every time. It is absolutely real pinball. Compare the P3 playfield to AFM for example. Pretty much the same layout. All you have in the lower 2/3 of AFM are some targets and a couple cheesy plastic martians. On the P3, you have the side target banks, which can act as 1, 2 or 4 targets each. To top it off, they are easily swappable as new hardware gets developed. Try that with a standard game.

The P3 is a platform. Lexy is a great game, quite deep and challenging, and a superb proof of concept. It has all the usual stuff - modes, multiballs, wizard mode, great audio and call outs, ramps, 8 ball lock, etc. Will there be limits because of the display? Sure, just like there are limits on every other machine. I’m sure there will be licensed themes in time, though I personally don’t give a rat’s ass about licenses and themes. Gerry knows he’ll need that though and he’ll get there in time.

#79 5 years ago

Was just talking with Gerry the other day and yes, CCR is shipping now to all who pre-ordered it and will be available in Q1 2019 for general purchase, after existing orders are fulfilled. Grand Slam Rally is due for release in the next week or two and has recently been enabled for purchase on the web store. Since my P3 shipped with Lexy and Cannon Lagoon, which is the upper playfield needed for GSR, I've already ordered mine! Wizard and Heads Up are still in development and I'm really looking forward to Heads Up.

I personally have no issue with the Lexy artwork, either in-game or cabinet. To me, it perfectly suits the campy, retro sci-fi theme of the game. I'll soon be ordering the Display option for the backbox so there will no longer be a need to have multiple translites on hand.

#97 5 years ago

If I could only have 1 machine it would absolutely be a P3. I get far too bored with any single machine. With the P3 I can switch games in anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes, depending on whether I have to change the upper playfield. I can go traditional pinball with Lexy, pitch and bat with GSR, or unique with ROCS and CL. Soon, Cosmic Cart will join the stable for 1/3 the price of a new single game. It’s the best value proposition in new machines in the industry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bath, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-opinions-and-poll?tu=toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.