• Haven’t tried it 32 votes
    19%
  • Didn’t like the games 47 votes
    28%
  • Needs a license 18 votes
    11%
  • Other 16 votes
    9%

(Multiple choice - 170 votes by 140 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-12-27_13.50.31 (resized).jpg
LL-EE_03 (resized).png
Stern-StarWars-LE-Playfield smXX-855x1501 (resized).jpg
PRO3overhead (resized).jpg
AerosmithProPlayfield001 (resized).jpg
Batman66Premium-PF-001 (resized).jpg
index (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

Another owner here since June.. dragged it to the nw show and people seemed to really like it. It’s probably staring where it is now though — thing is a bit back heavy making it a bit hard to get around.

I love the concept, and am looking fwd to new games coming out. I hope there’s 1 or 2 3rd party dev releases next year.. the modules and p3 together are pricey but the savings adds up quick if you are getting games you are excited about.

Agreed that they need a killer game — better art, animation.. I would *love* to see movie quality with a futuristic adult theme of some sort like the 5th element. That said, they haven’t had the people time or (probably?) $$ to make everything click at once. Cosmic cart racing looks fun and will be out very soon.

Added bonus that software only upgrades /games are much cheaper than a whole module.

I like Lexy but don’t love it. I was surprised by how much I do enjoy firing up the p3 just to knock out a quick games of rocs — and even cannon lagoon surprised me in how fun it was. I love being s me to play multiple games on one system — they nailed that aspect of it.

I intended to also use it for homebrew but got caught up in my own build on a regular platform for now.

#62 5 years ago

The 2d art could be cool - like the pinball fx virtual games they have at shows but having a real ball actually interact with animations and moving / animated inserts?

Still think realism would also be really friggn cool too.

Sure hope that killer app makes it out in the next couple years. Hopefully more dev time at multimorphic now that they’ve caught up on p3 production. The right 3rd party might nail it too..

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

That's an easy one, they'll definitely be around. They also make P-Roc control systems which are in Spooky and American pinball games and are the first choice for homebrew designers. They have financed everything themselves - no investors and no preorders, so there's no one to pay back. They are making and shipping games to new customers every week with a small, efficient and dedicated team. They have announced several new distributors over the last few months. Cosmic Cart Racing is a little delayed but it shouldn't be too much longer, it will be the first Internet-connected multiplayer pinball game, so no doubt there's a lot to put in place before they release it.

Exactly — small team overcoming a lot of hurdles in start up developing a new concept for pinball. Let’s see where they are at in two more years — should be a good library of games from them and 3rd parties.

Quoted from Ilushka85:

I think there is so much potential here for what the next apps and 3rd party apps could be. Have you taken a look at cosmic cart? While not traditional pinball it really pushes the edge of what a "pinball" game is.

I have indeed - I preordered it with my system so just waiting on shipping. I’m excited about it for sure — the magnetic ramps are sweet!

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So are you skipping on Lexy ?

No — I was on the original preorder list, have Lexy and cannon lagoon. Waiting on racing module to ship hopefully in next 2 or 3 months

#83 5 years ago

Sweet! Glad to see this, looks like fun - hoping mine shows up in feb or March

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I’m about to buy my first pin and don’t have a lot of room to add much more than that. Because I only have room for 1, maybe 2 max pins, I’m willing to spend more on them so the money part isn’t an issue for me. That said, at the moment I’m planning on getting a JJP POTC. My reasons for not getting the P3 are:
- I’ve never tried it. Anyone know one in Phoenix?
- worry that I’d lose the mechanical feel of pinball, which is what drew me into the hobby.
- wanting to get away from staring at screens all day which is what I do at my job (ok this might be disingenuous because JJP uses huge screens, but my concern is that I’d be staring at a play field screen on the P3 most of the time).
- the lack of many games at the moment, or killer themes (I don’t consider POTC a killer theme either, but I love everything else about it).
- finally, worry about it being my only pin due to my space constraints (which is ironic because the very idea of the P3 is to give the user many games in one). To this end, would any of you P3 owners have it right now as your only pin? I’m guessing you owners all have more traditional pins in your collection as well, but if you tell me you’d easily have it as your only pin right now then I’ll strongly consider it and try to find an opportunity to play it.

I think that’s a fair concern right now while we’re waiting on a few more games / modules to come out. Pirates is waaay deeper than anything on p3 right now - so if you like deep than that makes a lot of sense for a 1 or 2 pinhouse.

If I had to get down to 1 pin.. tough call but it would prob end up at the p3 just due to swapability and the home dev aspect of it.. and I’m anticipating having another 2 or 3 modules in the next 2 years hopefully so that would really lock it in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-opinions-and-poll?tu=mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.