• Haven’t tried it 22 votes
    15%
  • Didn’t like the games 44 votes
    31%
  • Needs a license 16 votes
    11%
  • Other 15 votes
    11%

(Multiple choice - 142 votes by 115 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2018-12-27_13.50.31 (resized).jpg
LL-EE_03 (resized).png
Stern-StarWars-LE-Playfield smXX-855x1501 (resized).jpg
PRO3overhead (resized).jpg
AerosmithProPlayfield001 (resized).jpg
Batman66Premium-PF-001 (resized).jpg
index (resized).jpg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 months ago

I recently purchased a multimorphic p3 and have noticed that not a lot of people have heard of it or thought about it or played it. I wanted to get peoples opinions on it as a pinball platform and the possibilities to really push the boundaries of pinball that we know today.

#2 4 months ago

If you wrote other let me know why in the comments.

#3 4 months ago

I really want one, just haven't saved up enough yet.

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I really want one, just haven't saved up enough yet.

I had to have one after checking it out. Brings a whole new dimension to pinball along my regular games.

#5 4 months ago

I was sold the first time I saw one - it's in my basement right now with Cannon Lagoon installed atm. Waiting for the upcoming release of Cosmic Cart Racing...

#6 4 months ago

What’s the latest word on Cosmic Cart?

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

What’s the latest word on Cosmic Cart?

I think the first ones are shipping did you order it ?

#8 4 months ago

The price of entry is high, up there with many other great NIB and A titles competing for a $10k cut of my income. Too high for something based largely on potential right now. I wish I could find it easier in the wild.
Not ruling it out- my purchase stays a potential as well.

#9 4 months ago

I can't vote - I bought one. Love it. Gets more attention from my kids than my other machines (I personally think my other machines are great too )

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

The price of entry is high, up there with many other great NIB and A titles competing for a $10k cut of my income. Too high for something based largely on potential right now. I wish I could find it easier in the wild.
Not ruling it out- my purchase stays a potential as well.

What price would you put on what’s currently out for it assuming nothing else ever came:

Lexy Lightspeed
Cosmic cart
Canon lagoon

#11 4 months ago

I played some games of Lexi light speed it's just not my thing.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I played some games of Lexi light speed it's just not my thing.

Do you think it’s that game specifically or more something you didn’t like about the hybrid screen ball tracking and physical elements ?

#13 4 months ago

at this point in time id prefer a nicely done virtual cabinet with a huge library of games vs a P3 for well under $10k.

i know p3 is real pinball and a virtual cabinet is not but once you've traveled that far stylistically, from traditional games, then id go for quantity over realism.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

at this point in time id prefer a nicely done virtual cabinet with a huge library of games vs a P3 for well under $10k.
i know p3 is real pinball and a virtual cabinet is not but once you've traveled that far stylistically, from traditional games, then id go for quantity over realism.

Have you really travelled that far by replacing printed graphics for digital ones ?

#15 4 months ago

I’m trying to understand what it would take to get a killer game on the platform and people to adopt that game and platform and propel the platform forward.

#16 4 months ago

I’ve played Lexy Lightspeed, and while the playfield can change rapidly, which is unique, the playfield is otherwise extremely bare. There’s a few things to do at the top of the playfield, but I agree with the other commenter and would prefer virtual pinball to the P3 system. It may catch on and improve in the future, but at this point, it’s not for me. Nothing beats a traditional machine though.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Do you think it’s that game specifically or more something you didn’t like about the hybrid screen ball tracking and physical elements ?

I don't know some friends of mine like it I think it's a cool idea but it does not interest me in buying one.

#18 4 months ago

You need to add an option for Bought it, love it.

I’ve had it for over a year, no issues, upgrades to all the games have been great.

People mentioned the word bare, once you’re engaged in the different modes the screens can display you can see it’s a totally different game. The warehouse mode on Lexy is one of my favourite.

Canon Lagoon has been a great game as well. It is more of a redemption game than a full out pinball game like Lexy, but it has been great to get the younger kids hooked on pinball. They learn how to control the ball and get confidence playing the other pins.

Looking forward to more updates, games and the development package.

#19 4 months ago

It's a really neat platform but it is still waiting on the killer games, IMO.

So far nobody has done anything with it that makes me go "holy shit, the ball tracking LCD in the playfield changes the whole dynamic."

#20 4 months ago

Looks cool but gameplay didn't jive with me.

#21 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I don't like the hybrid video game / pinball idea. I didn't like it when Pinball2000 tried it, either. We love pinball because it is a physical, mechanical experience.

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a really neat platform but it is still waiting on the killer games, IMO.
So far nobody has done anything with it that makes me go "holy shit, the ball tracking LCD in the playfield changes the whole dynamic."

Any ideas you had about what would be cool and make you go holy shit ?

#23 4 months ago

I think if the sling plastics used cut down cellphone screens or some sort of rear projection to change to the theme the game would look more finished.

#24 4 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I think if the sling plastics used cut down cellphone screens or some sort of rear projection to change to the theme the game would look more finished.

#25 4 months ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I literally read this 4 times and still have no idea what you’re talking about.

#26 4 months ago

I've played it at Expo a couple times and was really impressed, but not $10k amazed.

The tech is so new that a known, loved theme could give potential customers something familiar to help with the adjustment and get them excited. I don't think Lexy or the others do that for the masses.

A killer game with an amazing theme on the P3 platform would have me saving my pennies. I guess I just need the whole package with my budget level.

#27 4 months ago

Ummm where is the option for if you really like the games?

Typical pinside.

#28 4 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Ummm where is the option for if you really like the games?
Typical pinside.

If you really like the games then its not a reason why you havent bought... im just trying to understand what has stopped others from joining the owners club on this one.

#29 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Any ideas you had about what would be cool and make you go holy shit ?

I'd love to see a licensed game with the same quality experience that is put into a Stern release, especially software.

People are probably shaking their head at that statement, but ignoring early release software Stern really puts a lot of fun into their stuff. Even just the sheer number of callouts, videos, etc.. are staggering if you take the time to look into it.

Like them or not, the Stern Pro is an entry in the market that nobody can compete with right now. At almost double the price for a P3, will I get the same enjoyment from a P3 as I would from two Stern pros? If Multimorphic can put together a game as compelling as Iron Maiden or Guardians of the Galaxy, I don't think they will have a problem with sales.

Just my 2 cents though. Making games for the P3 isn't my job and I have no insight into their process or pipeline, so this is very armchair quarterback-ish.

#30 4 months ago

I have the platform and love it. But, my purpose for buying was not for the existing games. To me the attraction was the home brew, develop your own game capabilities. Played around with P-ROC for a while but never got far enough into it to make a game. Well, I received my P3 last Dec and now have created my own game with the P3 toolkit (software development). Granted it is a relatively simple game but I'm very happy with the results. I'm using the existing Lexy upper playfield and repurposed it to my game theme. There is a learning curve but I didn't find it too much of a barrier. It uses the Unity game engine which provides a ton of graphical capabilities. Creating my own game was on my "bucket list" and I just achieved it! It's cool because you can do your own theme with your own custom audio, video effects, animations, rule sets, songs, shot layouts, artwork, etc. I took my time and learned about these aspects as I went along. Now I'd like to work on a game that includes my own upper playfield with my own shot layout (ramps, pops, targets, etc,) and toys. Just need to come up with a new theme or I expand my current theme to new levels. The current P3 games of LLEE, CCR, ROCs, etc. are "icing on the cake" and I expect to see many home brew games become available in the future.

#31 4 months ago
Quoted from goldpins:

I have the platform and love it. But, my purpose for buying was not for the existing games. To me the attraction was the home brew, develop your own game capabilities. Played around with P-ROC for a while but never got far enough into it to make a game. Well, I received my P3 last Dec and now have created my own game with the P3 toolkit (software development). Granted it is a relatively simple game but I'm very happy with the results. I'm using the existing Lexy upper playfield and repurposed it to my game theme. There is a learning curve but I didn't find it too much of a barrier. It uses the Unity game engine which provides a ton of graphical capabilities. Creating my own game was on my "bucket list" and I just achieved it! It's cool because you can do your own theme with your own custom audio, video effects, animations, rule sets, songs, shot layouts, artwork, etc. I took my time and learned about these aspects as I went along. Now I'd like to work on a game that includes my own upper playfield with my own shot layout (ramps, pops, targets, etc,) and toys. Just need to come up with a new theme or I expand my current theme to new levels. The current P3 games of LLEE, CCR, ROCs, etc. are "icing on the cake" and I expect to see many home brew games become available in the future.

Curious to see what you made can you share a video ?

#32 4 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd love to see a licensed game with the same quality experience that is put into a Stern release, especially software.
People are probably shaking their head at that statement, but ignoring early release software Stern really puts a lot of fun into their stuff. Even just the sheer number of callouts, videos, etc.. are staggering if you take the time to look into it.
Like them or not, the Stern Pro is an entry in the market that nobody can compete with right now. At almost double the price for a P3, will I get the same enjoyment from a P3 as I would from two Stern pros? If Multimorphic can put together a game as compelling as Iron Maiden or Guardians of the Galaxy, I don't think they will have a problem with sales.
Just my 2 cents though. Making games for the P3 isn't my job and I have no insight into their process or pipeline, so this is very armchair quarterback-ish.

So lets say they had two killer games... on par with a stern pro... and at the current pricing model that would put them at 9.9k for the machine and 1 game and 2.5k for game 2. Does that become a good enough deal knowing more stuff will come out ?

#33 4 months ago

I played it at a pinball expo and thought it was very novel but ultimately didn't like it very much. At first I thought the integration with the screen was incredible (loved the little smoke trail behind the ball), but did not find the game very enjoyable. As cool as it was to smash crates on the video screen, it didn't have that tactile element which is what makes pinball so unique. The moving box things were so-so. The back 1/3 of the game being the swappable playfield is kinda neat, but it makes the middle of the playfield feel very barren. I don't like see the parts that make the flippers and slings work. Did the whole thing really need to be a screen? And frankly, the resolution on the screen and the computer graphics didn't seem good.

I'd only be interested if there were many more modules to swap in, and even then I wouldn't be that interested unless the price was too good to pass up. There are too many good alternatives on the new and secondary market to give the P3 platform more serious consideration.

My armchair quarterbacking is sell the P3 platform at a loss/break-even and make up the profit on the modules and software. If they can't get the platform down to Stern Pro pricing, then the whole idea needs serious revisions.

Swappable playfields is and always will be a niche demand with limited selling potential.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So lets say they had two killer games... on par with a stern pro... and at the current pricing model that would put them at 9.9k for the machine and 1 game and 2.5k for game 2. Does that become a good enough deal knowing more stuff will come out ?

But, do we know for sure more good stuff will come out? It's not like a nintendo or PS4 where there are hundreds of dev studios chomping at the bit to release stuff. Maybe if multimorphic could give some visibility into games that are coming down the pipeline from other devs?

You've also upped the game a little by saying $10k for the platform and game 1, and an additional $2.5k for game 2. That brings us up to $12.5k. There are people who won't blink an eye at that, but even $10k is too high of an entry point for a guy like me. I'm stretching and saving my budgeted "fun money" for 2 years to just make a Stern Pro happen.

Guardians was a no-brainer for my family. We love Marvel and especially the Guardians of the Galaxy. Buying something this expensive ($5k+) is an event for my wife and kids too, not just for me.

Again, I am not trying to disparage multimorphic, because I think they have some real-world limits in place like funding and are trying to make it work with what they have. They've done that in a very commendable way. They are shipping machines and don't seem to have a ton of problems with them, which is vastly better than some of the other pinball companies that have popped up. Look at Thunderbirds. I'd certainly buy a P3 before I bought a Thunderbirds, but the problem is there are a dozen games that I have yet to own, that I could buy for half the price of a P3 or less.

I sincerely hope to see some killer apps on the P3 platform.

Maybe partner up with someone like PPS and do a re-release of a williams game on the P3, similar to the way BoP 2.0 was done, but better. Find a game everyone loves that can be improved with the ball tracking LCD and go that route maybe?

#35 4 months ago

Opinions on individual games are always going to be all over the map. I think there is a ton to be excited about with the P3 already and more things coming. The low-drama startup delivering on all promises hasn't gotten that much attention on pinside but maybe it should.

When I first played Lexy it was at TPF back when I was a pinball newbie, I had no idea that it was a prototype or that anyone was even trying this kind of thing and was blown away. The platform possibilities are huge - people harp on the middle and lower playfield layout but the thing is - those are swappable just like the upper playfield.

Either way, I saw the potential and later when I found out Multimorphic was close to home I stepped up and joined the developer team. It hasn't been easy by any stretch but I'm really happy with what we have done and what we have coming in the future. If anyone ever has questions on what it takes to make a game of your own I'd be happy to chat.

#36 4 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

But, do we know for sure more good stuff will come out? It's not like a nintendo or PS4 where there are hundreds of dev studios chomping at the bit to release stuff. Maybe if multimorphic could give some visibility into games that are coming down the pipeline from other devs?
You've also upped the game a little by saying $10k for the platform and game 1, and an additional $2.5k for game 2. That brings us up to $12.5k. There are people who won't blink an eye at that, but even $10k is too high of an entry point for a guy like me. I'm stretching and saving my budgeted "fun money" for 2 years to just make a Stern Pro happen.
Guardians was a no-brainer for my family. We love Marvel and especially the Guardians of the Galaxy. Buying something this expensive ($5k+) is an event for my wife and kids too, not just for me.
Again, I am not trying to disparage multimorphic, because I think they have some real-world limits in place like funding and are trying to make it work with what they have. They've done that in a very commendable way. They are shipping machines and don't seem to have a ton of problems with them, which is vastly better than some of the other pinball companies that have popped up. Look at Thunderbirds. I'd certainly buy a P3 before I bought a Thunderbirds, but the problem is there are a dozen games that I have yet to own, that I could buy for half the price of a P3 or less.
I sincerely hope to see some killer apps on the P3 platform.
Maybe partner up with someone like PPS and do a re-release of a williams game on the P3, similar to the way BoP 2.0 was done, but better. Find a game everyone loves that can be improved with the ball tracking LCD and go that route maybe?

I agree with you that we don't know for sure who or what else will come out for the P3.... the question would be how much content do they need before you would venture to buy one... and even then whats the price the base unit , each game, and each mini game would need to be to make sense for you compared to what you are looking at what the more traditional stern pro?

Trying to get a feel for what the levels for this are and also considering perhaps building a game on the platform.

#37 4 months ago

AHven't had the pleasure of playing one.

#38 4 months ago

I just didn’t like the way the flippers played. Those mechs are too different for me.

Everything else seems really cool. They have mad some pretty cool mechs and integrated that LCD playfield very well.

If I pay that much for a game it will be a standard machine.

#39 4 months ago
Quoted from goldpins:

To me the attraction was the home brew, develop your own game capabilities.

Quoted from Law:

...people harp on the middle and lower playfield layout but the thing is - those are swappable just like the upper playfield.

^^^ This. Great to see some serious discussion about the P3 on here. This platform has so much potential, I think it's difficult for most people to see it. It opens pinball up to much wider range of game styles for many different audiences because it's much cheaper/easier/quicker for new designers to develop new types of games.

#40 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Trying to get a feel for what the levels for this are and also considering perhaps building a game on the platform.

I honestly have no clue about what the marketing or tiers should look like, without doing a ton of research. Pinball isn't my business.

#41 4 months ago

I like almost everything about it. Price is up a little to much for the product with no major licensing draw for me..

#42 4 months ago

Never saw one in person, and to be honest the videos of it don't really wow me. But I would definitely check on out if there was one local.

#43 4 months ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Never saw one in person, and to be honest the videos of it don't really wow me. But I would definitely check on out if there was one local.

I am not too far from you want to check mine out?

#44 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I am not too far from you want to check mine out?

Amyone in northern virginia have one? Id pay cash to come over and play it!

#45 4 months ago
Quoted from lurch:

Amyone in northern virginia have one? Id pay cash to come over and play it!

Come to Chicago and play mine.

#46 4 months ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Come to Chicago and play mine.

Not kidding I might take you up in that. Last time I was up there I went to Pixel Blast arcade and was severly disappointed there were ZERO pins. I mean come on!

Anyways I appreciate the offer.

#47 4 months ago
Quoted from lurch:

Not kidding I might take you up in that. Last time I was up there I went to Pixel Blast arcade and was severly disappointed there were ZERO pins. I mean come on!
Anyways I appreciate the offer.

I have a pirates ce here and another alien le on the way .... could make for a good trip to try some cool stuff

#48 4 months ago

I want to like this tech. I love virtual and although it definitely isn't real pinball it brings enough to the table to warrant my attention so I'm open to giving this a chance but when I played it recently there was something that just didn't click.

The experience felt low budget like the music and assets and although the mechs worked fine, they didn't feel smooth. Ultimately I liked the concept but execution was lacking and gameplay was dull.

#49 4 months ago

I loved the concept & proto that I played in 2011 or '12, but soured on it when they revealed the actual games.

When the entire playfield is an LCD, you can't have art & animation that looks like PS1 games and 99 cent iPhone apps. It makes a modern product like this look immediately dated and/or amateurish. They've needed some really excellent art directors and animators...that costs money, and they haven't been willing to invest in the talent required. This has kept them from making a truly great modern game on this platform. Aside from bad LCD visuals, the cabinet and translite art as been horrible as well. (Even the new Lexi art, which is an improvement, isn't great...it still looks like an early pass)

They CANNOT make this a success on selling it as a platform or appealing to engineer types. I love playing Revenge from Mars because it's a super fun GAME...I think of it as a game, not a P2K platform. P3 needs to make a GAME that sells units. That hasn't happened yet.

#50 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I loved the concept & proto that I played in 2011 or '12, but soured on it when they revealed the actual games.
When the entire playfield is an LCD, you can't have art & animation that looks like PS1 games and 99 cent iPhone apps. It makes a modern product like this look immediately dated and/or amateurish. They've needed some really excellent art directors and animators...that costs money, and they haven't been willing to invest in the talent required. This has kept them from making a truly great modern game on this platform. Aside from bad LCD visuals, the cabinet and translite art as been horrible as well. (Even the new Lexi art, which is an improvement, isn't great...it still looks like an early pass)
They CANNOT make this a success on selling it as a platform or appealing to engineer types. I love playing Revenge from Mars because it's a super fun GAME...I think of it as a game, not a P2K platform. P3 needs to make a GAME that sells units. That hasn't happened yet.

Anything you think could become a killer / game idea to showcase the platform? Like what is a cool idea that could be done on here but not on a conventional machine ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Highland Park, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 92.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside