• 292 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by _xizor
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you thinking about buying the P3 system?”

• I'm on the preorder list and I'm for sure ponying up when my name is called 30 votes
    13%
  • I'm on the list.. but not locked in. We'll see where price lands and when I get called. 17 votes
    7%
  • I'm thinking about buying one but no need to get on the list right now 17 votes
    7%
  • I want to get some time on it first before committing to anything 7 votes
    3%
  • Let's see how production and QC go and how happy first purchasers are 29 votes
    13%
  • Maybe in a few years when we see what happens with future games/dev 37 votes
    16%
  • Not really interested and/or too expensive for my taste 33 votes
    14%
  • Would never buy one -- ever! 36 votes
    16%
  • I'm very excited to play it on location/friends places but it's unlikely I would buy one. 25 votes
    11%

(231 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4550 (resized).PNG
IMG_4549 (resized).PNG
IMG_1682 (resized).JPG
p3 (resized).jpg
sub-assemblies (resized).jpg
hu_and_cl_in_bco (resized).jpg
llee_in_bco (resized).jpg
chassis (resized).jpg
IMG_3832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3829 (resized).JPG
IMG_3827 (resized).JPG
IMG_3825 (resized).JPG
P_20161112_093505 (resized).jpg
P3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

I played it at Pinburgh where Lexi was close to, if not already, feature-complete. I had played it at Pintastic this year and last and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The Cannon Lagoon redemption game is also a lot of fun and should help appeal to some locations. I also think it will be popular with kids and folks who don't generally play pinball. I'm also very interested in the Development platform for my own use. I've been on the list for a while now and am really looking forward to the machine's release.

Personally, I could care less about licensed themes. I prefer original themes like Lexi.

2 weeks later
#147 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, Lexi Lightspeed played really good. Had much longer ball times than I recalled though for some reason.

I asked the guys about that when the P3 came up to Pintastic and they indicated that most of the user-configurable difficulty settings were on their most liberal values for demo purposes.

3 months later
#185 7 years ago

All in for run #2 here also. I went for the current game deal and will add CCR later on. There's some fun to be had with the current game lineup too, and I have some use for the simpler games as well as Lexi.

4 months later
#265 6 years ago

Got back from Pintastic on Sunday and had the chance while down there to play one of the first 8 production machines at Aardvark's booth. Thanks to Gerry and Aardvark for getting one up here. I had the Superpass ticket for the show which lets you in an hour earlier than the general ticket holders so I managed a good 20 games or so on it. It's wicked good fun and the software is looking great. Production quality looks to be very nice from the outside, couldn't see the inside. I was impressed with the machine's performance - I never saw it down during the 3 days of the show and there was often a wait to play it so I think it counted up a good deal of plays.

I experienced only a couple of ball hangs - a slow moving ball got caught briefly at the entrance to the wireform on the right and one got caught up on the right outlane post which was just a smidge too tight for a slow ball. A couple flips freed it just from the vibration. One ball got hung up in the pops but a ball search bounced it out. No big deal.

I was impressed with the speed of the machine. Graphics rendering was great and a friend got into Lights Out multiball which just piles Jackpot messages onto the screen and it was smooth as you could want. The game is easy to understand and the on-screen shot guides really help new players get into it, but there's plenty of modes and sub-modes to keep more-advanced players interested as well as stuff I am sure we never saw.

Ball times were long so it will be interesting to see what options are available in setup and configuration to make the game a little harder.

The only complaint I heard voiced, and I agree with, is that the backglass art, while beautifully drawn, is washed out and rather blah. It may be a function of how it's lit but it's noticeably lacking the vibrancy of the side art and looks pretty dull. A personal peeve for me is the fairly wide spacing of the control buttons. While flipping I find it difficult to get to the lane change switches but I didn't hear anyone else mention it. There was also a bit of ball walking along the seam line with the scoop bank but I'm guessing that's adjustable.

Sound was great - rich and powerful even with all the other machines and crowd noise in the vendor room. A number of my friends went down this year and we played some multi-player games and all were impressed and are anxiously awaiting the delivery of mine to play it again. I even got my initials in it as Critter Mode champ or something like that!

I'm now finding it even harder to wait for September Nice job Multimorphic!

IMG_1682 (resized).JPGIMG_1682 (resized).JPG

#271 6 years ago

I didn't get anywhere near 18 million - nice work! Did the machine crash at that point, or power down? That would be odd and concerning.

A couple of folks commented on how open the playfield was until they realized the targets on it were actually hittable. That concern then disappeared. I was wearing my P3 "The Game is Changing" tee shirt on Friday and I think some of those who played it thought I worked for Multimorphic until I made it known I was just an excited buyer and supporter!

I should have made it clear that I was in the second production run and that's the one with the September tentative date.

#282 6 years ago

I'd been thinking the ball times were rather long at Pintastic so I emailed Gerry to ask about that. He confirmed for me that there were the usual adjustments for things like outlane post positions. He also said they've been demonstrating the machines with mode-start ball savers turned on but those can be turned off in the settings. He indicated the game can be set very brutal That made me happy.

1 week later
#285 6 years ago

Might be some Run 1 delays if they're working on getting the translite issue sorted out first, along with those couple of reported ball hang spots. It's going to be nice to see the first unboxing threads though!

1 month later
#291 6 years ago

I'm thinking it's about time for an update from Multimorphic. It would be nice to know where the production schedule stands. Is the first run complete? Is the second run still expected this month? For me, at least, some pre-arrival planning is needed as I'm going to have to put something in storage or at a location to make room but I don't want to do it too early

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-lexy-et-al-whos-in?tu=toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.