• 292 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by _xizor
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you thinking about buying the P3 system?”

• I'm on the preorder list and I'm for sure ponying up when my name is called 30 votes
    13%
  • I'm on the list.. but not locked in. We'll see where price lands and when I get called. 17 votes
    7%
  • I'm thinking about buying one but no need to get on the list right now 17 votes
    7%
  • I want to get some time on it first before committing to anything 7 votes
    3%
  • Let's see how production and QC go and how happy first purchasers are 29 votes
    13%
  • Maybe in a few years when we see what happens with future games/dev 37 votes
    16%
  • Not really interested and/or too expensive for my taste 33 votes
    14%
  • Would never buy one -- ever! 36 votes
    16%
  • I'm very excited to play it on location/friends places but it's unlikely I would buy one. 25 votes
    11%

(231 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4550 (resized).PNG
IMG_4549 (resized).PNG
IMG_1682 (resized).JPG
p3 (resized).jpg
sub-assemblies (resized).jpg
hu_and_cl_in_bco (resized).jpg
llee_in_bco (resized).jpg
chassis (resized).jpg
IMG_3832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3829 (resized).JPG
IMG_3827 (resized).JPG
IMG_3825 (resized).JPG
P_20161112_093505 (resized).jpg
P3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But storage is the key element here.

Both of the swappable systems are lacking good stories around extra playfield storage.

There are some valid questions raised about both:

- Can you slide in extra playfields/modules from the front of the machine? Seems like with the Heighway setup, the playfield would be wider than the opening in the legs at the front. At least with the P3 there are more options to slide it through the front of the legs.

- How do you prevent "hangar rash". Unprotected things in a garage or under a game take abuse over time. The last thing I would want to deal with is having to adjust switches, or clean dust off a playfield to swap it in. They need to be ready to go when I am ready to use them. A covered and protective storage box seems essential.

- Are there proper standoff points on the bottom of a playfield or module so that it can sit on the floor without any of the mechs sitting in the floor? Do the standoffs provide the proper support to keep a playfield from warping?

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm in and for a $1500 price point, I'd buy just about any additional P3 game that came out, if it was remotely cool. The question is how many people will adopt this as-is. If there magically become 1000 P3 customers out there, the economics of people designing games (hobbyists or professionals) is obvious

Has that model been hashed out? Any documents that show me how much profit I would make if I made a P3 game?

What about post-sale support? Who handles that?

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I'm no expert, but I don't think there can be. It's an open system. You can include absolutely anything.
I haven't seen Multimorphic announce manufacturing for other developers, but I guess that's possible.
Post-sale, like any open system, would be handled by the developer/manufacturer (I assume).

You've just ruled out a group of people who would make a game. The money just isn't there for someone to absorb all of that.

Show me some numbers that prove that wrong and I'd even be interested in doing a game. Making a few hundred bucks a unit isn't worth it though, especially if you have to develop the entire supply and support chain yourself.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

As far as money to 'absorb that', just throwing out some numbers, but lets say there are 1000 P3s out there, and just 25% bought a new game and lets say the developer pockets $500 per game

By pockets, do you mean that just includes above the line costs or below the line as well?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-lexy-et-al-whos-in?tu=Wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.