• 292 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by _xizor
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you thinking about buying the P3 system?”

• I'm on the preorder list and I'm for sure ponying up when my name is called 30 votes
    13%
  • I'm on the list.. but not locked in. We'll see where price lands and when I get called. 17 votes
    7%
  • I'm thinking about buying one but no need to get on the list right now 17 votes
    7%
  • I want to get some time on it first before committing to anything 7 votes
    3%
  • Let's see how production and QC go and how happy first purchasers are 28 votes
    12%
  • Maybe in a few years when we see what happens with future games/dev 36 votes
    16%
  • Not really interested and/or too expensive for my taste 33 votes
    14%
  • Would never buy one -- ever! 36 votes
    16%
  • I'm very excited to play it on location/friends places but it's unlikely I would buy one. 25 votes
    11%

(229 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4550 (resized).PNG
IMG_4549 (resized).PNG
IMG_1682 (resized).JPG
p3 (resized).jpg
sub-assemblies (resized).jpg
hu_and_cl_in_bco (resized).jpg
llee_in_bco (resized).jpg
chassis (resized).jpg
IMG_3832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3829 (resized).JPG
IMG_3827 (resized).JPG
IMG_3825 (resized).JPG
P_20161112_093505 (resized).jpg
P3 (resized).jpg

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

so a production run is currently ... 8 machines ??

If I remember correctly, the first production run is 20 machines. Of these, the first 8 have been retained by Multimorphic for testing and promotional purposes. So, the remaining 12 must be just about to ship to customers.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

If I remember correctly, the first production run is 20 machines. Of these, the first 8 have been retained by Multimorphic for testing and promotional purposes. So, the remaining 12 must be just about to ship to customers.

True -- you're right I got the #s backwards

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

so a production run is currently ... 8 machines ??

I don't know the specific production numbers, but I can confirm that whatever they are, they will be underwhelming to the general public.

HOWEVER, unlike essentially every other start-up, they did this without collecting money from people to fund their R&D. Not to mention that their R&D is multiples greater than any other pinball company, since they're the only ones that are truly innovating in this industry.

Gerry deserves more respect than anyone else in boutique pinball (although Spooky deserves mad props too). While they may have taken a virtual eternity to go from concept to market, the reason this has been under the radar is because they are not holding peoples' money hostage like most other vendors who announce too early. Multimorphic has self-funded everything thus far. PROPS FOR THAT! Aside from the fact that I'm one of the original orders, I couldn't be happier for Gerry and his official launch of Lexy. Gerry has been one of the (probably the single most) forthright pinball company owners in the industry. He has not taken money from people to fund their extensive development, he has been up front about their challenges, has acknowledged their prior missteps, has been realistic about upcoming time-frames, and is as genuine of a guy as there is in this industry.

Sure, their initial production numbers will seem meager, but recognize someone who did things the right way and allow them time to grow their business organically. We've all seen too many other cases where the sexy theme and the shady practices have resulted in despair. Let's allow the honest guy without the blockbuster theme and the empty promises to build his business the right way.

#254 2 years ago

It's taken them years because, yeah... they are building something completely different than anything anyone has put out to date.
I challenge ANYONE to point to any aspect of the P3 and claim it's already been done.

This is a game changer (to re-use Multimorphic's slogan?) ... and while some may not like the theme or the large LCD... this is nothing but good for our hobby/industry.

Because of Multimorphic we have got to enjoy Buffy, Doom, TnA, and a whole slew of home brews. Once we have P3s at our finger tips; I can only imagine more developers will flock to the platform for the flexibility it offers.

#255 2 years ago

Wow. I've been lucky enough to get some time on a P3 this week. I'd been planning on doing development work on a friends copy of the game, but now I'm seriously considering buying one. Lexy is way more fun than I thought it would be. I've played it at shows, but when you can get a few games on it, well, it's really a blast. A very cool platform and a very fun game.

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Aside from the fact that I'm one of the original orders, I couldn't be happier for Gerry and his official launch of Lexy.

Are you in the first run cheeks? It's going to be fun to see these puppies get delivered.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Are you in the first run cheeks? It's going to be fun to see these puppies get delivered.

Yes is anyone planning on doing an unboxing thread?? i would love to know when one finally lands in someone's home.. so close now. Also hoping to move discussion to a P3 club thread once they start shipping

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I am. I've been in since the PVC "wireform" days, back when this was merely a tech demo. While I've never been concerned about my money with Gerry, I have been burned with other pre-orders (JPOP), so this is my last ever pre-order.

#259 2 years ago

I'm in the second batch. I'm very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time, as I will be showing a P3 in my booth at Pintastic. It's here now and is the one that DaveH mentioned. I can't believe how much fun this game is! I bought it because I was blown away by all of the innovation. I wasn't expecting Lexy Lightspeed to be as much fun as it is. The flippers are lightning fast. Slap saves can be a blur and you still save the ball. Of course, there a few minor issues that are being ironed out, but overall, the build quality is excellent. I'm very glad I got in when I did. It's going to be difficult to part with it after the Pintastic, but of course I'll get my production game later this year.

Speaking of Pintasic, stop by the Ardvark Pinball Repair booth if you'd like to play a few games. I'd be happy to explain things and answer questions.

Allan

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from Vector:

I'm in the second batch. I'm very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time, as I will be showing a P3 in my booth at Pintastic. It's here now and is the one that DaveH mentioned. I can't believe how much fun this game is! I bought it because I was blown away by all of the innovation. I wasn't expecting Lexy Lightspeed to be as much fun as it is. The flippers are lightning fast. Slap saves can be a blur and you still save the ball. Of course, there a few minor issues that are being ironed out, but overall, the build quality is excellent. I'm very glad I got in when I did. It's going to be difficult to part with it after the Pintastic, but of course I'll get my production game later this year.
Speaking of Pintasic, stop by the Ardvark Pinball Repair booth if you'd like to play a few games. I'd be happy to explain things and answer questions.
Allan

Dang -- just realized I'm going to be heading to Boston airport on the 9th from Portland Maine, could have stopped by pintastic for a few hours but it doesn't run on Sunday? Bummer.. probably have a couple hours to kill as our flights not until late afternoon I think.

My experience with ll was that it became more fun the more I played -- of course you can't really predict how long novelty and replayability will be on a game but that's hardly a concern then again, with the modularity of P3. I'm really intrigued to try the profiles and set difficulty as well as team play. I have been pondering a mod as well that would swing the outlane adjustment posts based on software difficulty setting (stepper motor or servo and gearing involved) so you could be playing 2 players easy and hard and between balls it could adjust the posts for the next player.. no idea how feasible but damn it would be cool esp in homes

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I have been pondering a mod as well that would swing the outlane adjustment posts based on software difficulty setting (stepper motor or servo and gearing involved) so you could be playing 2 players easy and hard and between balls it could adjust the posts for the next player.. no idea how feasible but damn it would be cool esp in homes

This was something I pitched to Gerry a couple years ago. Understanding that they didn't really want to increase scope with new physical features (creating additional delays) he said this could be handled with software, which I guess at some level it can be. But I always thought the mobile outlanes would be a super cool skill-balancing feature. My wife and I play together, but we're on completely different skill levels. Anything that can be done to even up the matches would be awesome. I'd be 100% in on any outlane post mod!

#263 2 years ago

Don't know if this has been posted here, Pinball Profile episode 53 with Gerry.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-53-gerry-stellenberg-p3-pinball-from-multimorphic_108552

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Don't know if this has been posted here, Pinball Profile episode 53 with Gerry.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-53-gerry-stellenberg-p3-pinball-from-multimorphic_108552

Nice!! Thanks for sharing imharrow.

Also linking back to Gerrys response to the review by frax:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-bat-city-open-a-papa-circuit-event/page/2#post-3850794

#265 2 years ago

Got back from Pintastic on Sunday and had the chance while down there to play one of the first 8 production machines at Aardvark's booth. Thanks to Gerry and Aardvark for getting one up here. I had the Superpass ticket for the show which lets you in an hour earlier than the general ticket holders so I managed a good 20 games or so on it. It's wicked good fun and the software is looking great. Production quality looks to be very nice from the outside, couldn't see the inside. I was impressed with the machine's performance - I never saw it down during the 3 days of the show and there was often a wait to play it so I think it counted up a good deal of plays.

I experienced only a couple of ball hangs - a slow moving ball got caught briefly at the entrance to the wireform on the right and one got caught up on the right outlane post which was just a smidge too tight for a slow ball. A couple flips freed it just from the vibration. One ball got hung up in the pops but a ball search bounced it out. No big deal.

I was impressed with the speed of the machine. Graphics rendering was great and a friend got into Lights Out multiball which just piles Jackpot messages onto the screen and it was smooth as you could want. The game is easy to understand and the on-screen shot guides really help new players get into it, but there's plenty of modes and sub-modes to keep more-advanced players interested as well as stuff I am sure we never saw.

Ball times were long so it will be interesting to see what options are available in setup and configuration to make the game a little harder.

The only complaint I heard voiced, and I agree with, is that the backglass art, while beautifully drawn, is washed out and rather blah. It may be a function of how it's lit but it's noticeably lacking the vibrancy of the side art and looks pretty dull. A personal peeve for me is the fairly wide spacing of the control buttons. While flipping I find it difficult to get to the lane change switches but I didn't hear anyone else mention it. There was also a bit of ball walking along the seam line with the scoop bank but I'm guessing that's adjustable.

Sound was great - rich and powerful even with all the other machines and crowd noise in the vendor room. A number of my friends went down this year and we played some multi-player games and all were impressed and are anxiously awaiting the delivery of mine to play it again. I even got my initials in it as Critter Mode champ or something like that!

I'm now finding it even harder to wait for September Nice job Multimorphic!

IMG_1682 (resized).JPG

#266 2 years ago

toyguy thanks for the review! I was surprised that you were possibly the only person to mention lexy in the pintastic thread. Crazy! I was bummed to see the production bump to sept but was kind of expecting it to come.. oh well at least I'll be enjoying the sunshine for another month

I agree about the backglass art - it's weird that it is washed out.. don't know if they could adjust this for 2nd run? It should be way more vibrant... whatever's causing the problem.

The buttons - at first felt a little far but got used to it after a few games.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I was bummed to see the production bump to sept but was kind of expecting it to come..

Is this referring to the first or second run? I have not heard anything about production timing in the last few weeks and I'm in the first run.

#268 2 years ago

I played the game at pintastic and loved it. Playfield looks somewhat bare, but once you start playing you realize how much is really going on. I thought it was an amazing game, great work on this. I hit 18 million, but the game shut off before I could enter my score. Love the beer mug mode with double vision.

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is this referring to the first or second run? I have not heard anything about production timing in the last few weeks and I'm in the first run.

I believe they are referring to the second run. In the last newsletter Gerry said the following (referring to the first run):

Quoted from Mbecker:

No production machines have officially shipped yet, but that's about to change...
Please excuse me now while I call the freight company to discuss pickup schedules for new P3s!

So, I would assume from that your game must be almost finished and ready to ship.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I believe they are referring to the second run. In the last newsletter Gerry said the following (referring to the first run):

So, I would assume from that your game must be almost finished and ready to ship.

That was the last I heard, just checking whether the delay reference was supplanting this about first run, or was about the second. Thanks.

#271 2 years ago

I didn't get anywhere near 18 million - nice work! Did the machine crash at that point, or power down? That would be odd and concerning.

A couple of folks commented on how open the playfield was until they realized the targets on it were actually hittable. That concern then disappeared. I was wearing my P3 "The Game is Changing" tee shirt on Friday and I think some of those who played it thought I worked for Multimorphic until I made it known I was just an excited buyer and supporter!

I should have made it clear that I was in the second production run and that's the one with the September tentative date.

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I experienced only a couple of ball hangs - a slow moving ball got caught briefly at the entrance to the wireform on the right and one got caught up on the right outlane post which was just a smidge too tight for a slow ball. A couple flips freed it just from the vibration. One ball got hung up in the pops but a ball search bounced it out. No big deal

For a bit of time the wire form from the upper playfield wasn't aligned correctly. It happened while we were showing people how it came out. When someone pointed it out I popped it back into place.

The outlane needed an adjustment to open it a tiny bit more to stop that one.

I was impressed with the game. It got a lot of play during the show and ran well. Plus it's a lot of fun.

#273 2 years ago

damn -- saw 5 new posts and thought maybe 1st runners were given dates for shipment or something. Maybe tomorrow..

18 million?! Wth that's a pretty great score from what I've seen -- did you get a high count multiball going or something?

If it shut off because of a glitch before you entered your high score I know that Gerry is aware of this happening. I saw it at the nw show, although a full power cycle seemed to fix it.

#274 2 years ago

Just a heads up that I confirmed with Gerry that run #1 is active and absolutely not delayed to September. That reference was indeed referring to run #2.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Just a heads up that I confirmed with Gerry that run #1 is active and absolutely not delayed to September. That reference was indeed referring to run #2.

Yes -- sorry for the confusion, I just referred to sept. Because I'm in that run. Excited for you first runners though

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

damn -- saw 5 new posts and thought maybe 1st runners were given dates for shipment or something. Maybe tomorrow..
18 million?! Wth that's a pretty great score from what I've seen -- did you get a high count multiball going or something?
If it shut off because of a glitch before you entered your high score I know that Gerry is aware of this happening. I saw it at the nw show, although a full power cycle seemed to fix it.

I am not sure why it shut down on me. Someone could have hit the plug or it could have been a technical glitch. The GC on the game was 25 mil. It was a prototype game at pintastic, had a few issues, but overall it played fantastic and I had a lot of fun with it. Not many people really know what it is, I didn't. Glad I do now, very innovative. Would be nice for jjp to work some of that screen technoloogy into one of their games.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Would be nice for jjp to work some of that screen technoloogy into one of their games.

No chance! There is so much tech that went into the ball tracking needed to create the collision detection on that screen, nobody will (can?) do it. Plus the hurdles Gerry has had to jump over with people thinking P3 was "virtual pinball" was frustrating to say the least. Nobody else in the industry has the balls Gerry does to shift the paradigm this much.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I agree about the backglass art - it's weird that it is washed out.. don't know if they could adjust this for 2nd run? It should be way more vibrant... whatever's causing the problem.

The team is aware of the issues with the translite print. New samples are are in transit in from from the printer that will hopefully address the issue. Rest assured that this will be resolved.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

The team is aware of the issues with the translite print. New samples are are in transit in from from the printer that will hopefully address the issue. Rest assured that this will be resolved.

Sweet!! Glad to hear it.

Regarding JJP -- in addition to the hurdles mentioned, multimorphic has the patents too so they would have to try and license or figure out a different way to track the ball.. for now and the near future I think the P3 will probably be the only way to experience this. Hopefully it continues to draw people in

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I challenge ANYONE to point to any aspect of the P3 and claim it's already been done.

Man, I just popped by to see what's going on in the P3 world, is the Koolaid really this strong here? You said "any aspect"? Ok, chuckle, I'll consider that exuberant hyperbole.

I spent some significant time on P3 at the NW show, and am curious how things will develop and the creativity that independent developers have. I think I'll withhold further objective thoughts given the above kind of comments in this thread....

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Man, I just popped by to see what's going on in the P3 world, is the Koolaid really this strong here? You said "any aspect"? Ok, chuckle, I'll consider that exuberant hyperbole.

It was kinda... but really; they have touched about every aspect of the machine. The only thing you can say is the ball is still a 1-1/16" ball bearing... the upper PF is still wood and there are ramps, flippers, pops, etc.

My real point is look at everything else... it's the same. JJP, Stern, Spooky still does things the old way - there isn't a lot of innovation except on the licensing of themes side.

#282 2 years ago

I'd been thinking the ball times were rather long at Pintastic so I emailed Gerry to ask about that. He confirmed for me that there were the usual adjustments for things like outlane post positions. He also said they've been demonstrating the machines with mode-start ball savers turned on but those can be turned off in the settings. He indicated the game can be set very brutal That made me happy.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I'd been thinking the ball times were rather long at Pintastic so I emailed Gerry to ask about that. He confirmed for me that there were the usual adjustments for things like outlane post positions. He also said they've been demonstrating the machines with mode-start ball savers turned on but those can be turned off in the settings. He indicated the game can be set very brutal That made me happy.

Yeah -- for good/excellent players the show settings seem a bit lax I'd agree with that. But I must just suck cause I never felt like I had crazy long ball times although I saw others with them.

For sure a lot of adjustments available though -- including what I'm really looking fwd to -- player profiles with difficulty settings setup for each. So awesome for games with different player abilities in home environments

1 week later
#284 1 year ago

No shipping dates given out yet huh?

#285 1 year ago

Might be some Run 1 delays if they're working on getting the translite issue sorted out first, along with those couple of reported ball hang spots. It's going to be nice to see the first unboxing threads though!

1 week later
#286 1 year ago

It's official as of 1 minute ago --production 1 games are shipping !! Pics of first customer getting his game I believe. Who is it???

#287 1 year ago

IMG_4549 (resized).PNG

IMG_4550 (resized).PNG

#288 1 year ago

That's awesome news!
Will this game go into a larger production?

#289 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That's awesome news!
Will this game go into a larger production?

Depends on what you mean by "larger" ..

First run was very small - 12 shipping I think plus 8 they kept. 2nd run sold out at something like 50 or 75 units? Beyond that they should start to build up stock for purchase. Never will go out the door at stern quantities but this is a comparatively very small company

1 week later
#290 1 year ago

Ok -- who's holding out here? Someone has to have a shipping date or have a game on the way?

I realized I've never heard any of the call outs due to loudness of shows and they weren't added when Gerry did his couple gameplay vids -- anyone know of a good vid with some of the call outs being audible?

1 month later
#291 1 year ago

I'm thinking it's about time for an update from Multimorphic. It would be nice to know where the production schedule stands. Is the first run complete? Is the second run still expected this month? For me, at least, some pre-arrival planning is needed as I'm going to have to put something in storage or at a location to make room but I don't want to do it too early

#292 1 year ago

Have you mailed Gerry? He's always super responsive.

Mine's shipped, Gerry gave me a few weeks heads up regarding production and completion date. Shipping coordination was super easy.

Quoted from Toyguy:

I'm thinking it's about time for an update from Multimorphic. It would be nice to know where the production schedule stands. Is the first run complete? Is the second run still expected this month? For me, at least, some pre-arrival planning is needed as I'm going to have to put something in storage or at a location to make room but I don't want to do it too early

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 40.00
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside