• 292 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by _xizor
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you thinking about buying the P3 system?”

• I'm on the preorder list and I'm for sure ponying up when my name is called 30 votes
    13%
  • I'm on the list.. but not locked in. We'll see where price lands and when I get called. 17 votes
    7%
  • I'm thinking about buying one but no need to get on the list right now 17 votes
    7%
  • I want to get some time on it first before committing to anything 7 votes
    3%
  • Let's see how production and QC go and how happy first purchasers are 29 votes
    13%
  • Maybe in a few years when we see what happens with future games/dev 37 votes
    16%
  • Not really interested and/or too expensive for my taste 33 votes
    14%
  • Would never buy one -- ever! 36 votes
    16%
  • I'm very excited to play it on location/friends places but it's unlikely I would buy one. 25 votes
    11%

(231 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4550 (resized).PNG
IMG_4549 (resized).PNG
IMG_1682 (resized).JPG
p3 (resized).jpg
sub-assemblies (resized).jpg
hu_and_cl_in_bco (resized).jpg
llee_in_bco (resized).jpg
chassis (resized).jpg
IMG_3832 (resized).JPG
IMG_3829 (resized).JPG
IMG_3827 (resized).JPG
IMG_3825 (resized).JPG
P_20161112_093505 (resized).jpg
P3 (resized).jpg
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Thanks zitt !! Good to know -- and that simmer app is awesome! Gonna have to do some reading about unity - my understanding of how software/game engines work is pretty limited

I thought that was a challenge as well; I started learning via this online course:
Learn to Code by Making Games - The Complete Unity Developer @udemy.com. I got about halfway thru the course before I started the PWM Dimmer project. I need to go back and continue/finish the course at some point.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Are they going to have a Multimorphic P3 at the 2017 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show?
I am intrigued by the virtual/physical hybrid concept. However, in looking at the P3 website and watching the videos and such, and it just doesn't look very appealing to me. That having been said, I read a fair amount of positive comments from people that have played it, so I don't want to dismiss it based on the images and videos I've seen. So, hopefully, I can play one soon to see what it is really like.

It is wise not to dismiss the P2 based on the videos. I had zero interest in this game based on the videos - until I played it.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Man, I really hope some of the great p-roc homebrew guys start making games for this. Would love to see P3 titles from people like Rosh, Compy, Sk8ball and TheNoTrashCougar.

I guess I need to step up my game to be apart of the list of greats Challenge accepted Moohaha

1 week later
#154 7 years ago

Was looking thru pinball controllers forum and Just noticed that Gerry was looking at opening up an early release nearly 2 years ago for dev tools. Even without a physical machine If just s couple of the early devs got something good going on id expect to see done 3rd party dev games out not too soon after production machines show up to early owners

2 weeks later
#155 7 years ago

Man... I was over at Gerry's this afternoon shootin' the sh1t and talking about pinball when he shows me some of the new P3 projects he's working on... I'm sweared to secrecy... so can't give any details; but there is one game based upon Cannon Lagoon's PF that is funking fun!

Lexy's a good game... but it's "pinball" which to me is great... but is missing a certain social component as you can only really ridicule the person playing while you watch. I'm just not a good enough player to really stack up against anyone on Lexy; so I'm always getting my arse kicked. Cannon is a good game; but again - I can't make the shots very well. Skill issue again.

This new game; I was having a blast... I must have played a dozen or so times because he added a social aspect to gameplay I've only seen in one other game.

He showed me a couple of the other early titles his team is working on... I gotta say that this round of new games is defiantly pushing the Pinball machine in new directions! This game and his innovation are really starting to show in the newer games. I hope that his team makes his self imposed deadline this march... and I'm sure many of you will be surprised at Multimorphic's ingenuity.

I wasn't sure from the conversation how many of these games are third parties and how much is "in house"; but however they are being made is really a good thing.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Man... I was over at Gerry's this afternoon shootin' the sh1t and talking about pinball when he shows me some of the new P3 projects he's working on... I'm sweared to secrecy... so can't give any details; but there is one game based upon Canyon Lagoon's PF that is funking fun!
Lexy's a good game... but it's "pinball" which to me is great... but is missing a certain social component as you can only really ridicule the person playing while you watch. I'm just not a good enough player to really stack up against anyone on Lexy; so I'm always getting my arse kicked. Canyon is a good game; but again - I can't make the shots very well. Skill issue again.
This new game; I was having a blast... I must have played a dozen or so times because he added a social aspect to gameplay I've only seen in one other game.
He showed me a couple of the other early titles his team is working on... I gotta say that this round of new games is defiantly pushing the Pinball machine in new directions! This game and his innovation are really starting to show in the newer games. I hope that his team makes his self imposed deadline this march... and I'm sure many of you will be surprised at Multimorphic's ingenuity.
I wasn't sure from the conversation how many of these games are third parties and how much is "in house"; but however they are being made is really a good thing.

Yeeesss! Glad to hear an update -- Thanks for sharing this Zitt that is awesome to hear! My ACDC luci has been up for sale this month in order to get the $$ for Lexy.. I am hoping that these hit production sometime 1st Q 2017 -- is that the "self-imposing march deadline" that you speak of? I hadn't heard any hard deadlines yet. Wish I knew how many people were on the pre-order list (and how many will go thru with their order when it comes up).. I am kicking myself for not getting on the list when the offer came up for the 5 games as it sounds like having that cannon lagoon Playfield would be a good idea with this new game you speak of.

#157 7 years ago

I really can't say much because I have some insider knowledge. His "deadline" isn't really a secret... but I'm sure he'll announce officially when he's ready to talk.

No one in the industry talks about pre-order numbers... We can only gather what LEs might have sold at Stern if it's a fast selling title. So I highly doubt you'll ever know how many he has on preorder. I don't know... and don't want to know.

When he announces the new games; you can determine for yourself is the games on that Playfield is worth it.

Have you been able to play Lexy? If not... or even if you have. You should try to come out for TPF'2017... This year is looking to be kick @$$ with all the custom machines making an appearance.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Man... I was over at Gerry's this afternoon shootin' the sh1t and talking about pinball when he shows me some of the new P3 projects he's working on... I'm sweared to secrecy... so can't give any details; but there is one game based upon Cannon Lagoon's PF that is funking fun!
Lexy's a good game... but it's "pinball" which to me is great... but is missing a certain social component as you can only really ridicule the person playing while you watch. I'm just not a good enough player to really stack up against anyone on Lexy; so I'm always getting my arse kicked. Cannon is a good game; but again - I can't make the shots very well. Skill issue again.

This is AWESOME news. I'm in on a few other upcoming games, but there is nothing in the pipeline from any other manufacturer that excites me as much as P3. To hear that there are additional games in the works and somewhat playable already is fantastic news. I can't wait to get my game next year.

#159 7 years ago

Last year they announced 4 new games for the platform, and this year they’re promising even bigger announcements and demonstrations.

-- http://texaspinball.com/tpf/multimorphic-welcome-to-the-present/

#160 7 years ago

Thanks for the info Zitt. Multimorphic had the most exciting presentation at TPF last year, can't wait to see what they do this year. Gerry seems to save his new stuff for TPF.

1 month later
#161 7 years ago

Anyone following this thread get a preorder call yet? Game in production soon? I'm low on the list and outside the 2nd production run but hopeful for a call maybe in 3 months? Hoping production goes smooth-- love to see one of these at the nw show this year

#163 7 years ago

Yep -- that's why I'm asking people on 1st run should already have $$ in and second runners should be making arrangements I believe.

#164 7 years ago

Got my notice about being in round 2. Trying to decide whether to go ahead or not. Had a few questions, maybe other people might know the answers or maybe Gerry can post something:

- When I signed up, the plan was Lexi + Cosmic Cart Racing for $10K, and now it looks like a redemption game (which in a home environment I really have no use for) and some rethemes of Lexi for $10K. Is there a way to forego Cannon Lagoon to get a credit for some or all of the cost of Cosmic Cart Racing when it comes out?
- Originally there was a lot of discussion about having an open source model for game development, where example code would be available for people to do their own game designs. More recently, there has been some discussion about a “walled garden” model where presumably game developers are under some kind of contract & Multimorphic receives royalties on game sales. Do games have to be distributed through Multimorphic?
- The games that have been demonstrated so far have not shown a lot of 3D graphics capability. Does the host machine have the capability to support 3D graphics-intensive game designs? Is the host machine hardware upgradeable?

#165 7 years ago

Gerry has my initial deposit. I think I'm in round 2 as well.

Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Got my notice about being in round 2. Trying to decide whether to go ahead or not. Had a few questions, maybe other people might know the answers or maybe Gerry can post something:
- When I signed up, the plan was Lexi + Cosmic Cart Racing for $10K, and now it looks like a redemption game (which in a home environment I really have no use for) and some rethemes of Lexi for $10K. Is there a way to forego Cannon Lagoon to get a credit for some or all of the cost of Cosmic Cart Racing when it comes out?

Talk to Gerry. IE I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that you will never be "denied" the terms of your original pre-order and would end up getting more than originally received.
IIRC; those who were in at two games; get all 5 games as long as you don't cancel your preorder.
Gerry knows for sure tho.

Cannon Lagoon really isn't as bad as indicated. Have you played it? It is fun; albeit in a make the shots or die kinda mode. I would agree tho; it isn't traditional pinball with a deep rule set.

- Originally there was a lot of discussion about having an open source model for game development, where example code would be available for people to do their own game designs. More recently, there has been some discussion about a “walled garden” model where presumably game developers are under some kind of contract & Multimorphic receives royalties on game sales. Do games have to be distributed through Multimorphic?

I think they are still working the details. IIRC it wasn't about preventing access/getting money; but about ensuring "released" products aren't going to damage machines and that games meet minimum standards.

- The games that have been demonstrated so far have not shown a lot of 3D graphics capability. Does the host machine have the capability to support 3D graphics-intensive game designs? Is the host machine hardware upgradeable?

I can answer this... but will leave it to Gerry as I'm not sure how much of this is from me being observant vs information he has disclosed.

#166 7 years ago

Ah man-- so regretting not getting on that pre order list so much sooner. I do kind of wonder if people wait to buy or a lot of pre orders drop out if there could be some kind of deal or price drop to promote sales a bit down the road after some p3s are produced but while Lexi and lagoon are the only Game options or if there will be bundling packages savings offered on multiple games.

My understanding right now is that dev of commercial 3rd party games will be vetted and sold thu multimorphic to ensure it won't break your machine which makes sense. I assumed/possibly heard? though that an owner would have access to a dev kit and be able to (at their own risk) develop their own games or possibly play with game code on existing games? The latter is what's particularly interesting to me so I hope this is true.

I pretty sure it's Ben mentioned that the platform was built to handle future games and more demanding resources, and given the swapability of every other part of the machine it would only make sense that the computer could be upgraded unless its built to handle quite a bit more than what we've seen so far

#167 7 years ago

I'm in the 2nd run. I'm pretty sure that if you got in early when Cosmic Cart Racing was part of the package you will get it plus the other 5 games (Lexy Lightspeed – Escape From Earth, Lexy Lightspeed – Secret Agent Showdown, Cannon Lagoon, ROCs, and Barnyard).

This is from an early email I got from Gerry:

"Everybody who took advantage of our pre-order program through 3/20/2016 has a spot reserved in our production queue and will have the opportunity to follow through with their order and receive the 5-game package deal. This includes everybody who was on the pre-order list before the 5-game package deal was announced. The way our current promotion system works, everybody on the pre-order list at the time of a new promotion gets the benefits of that new promotion and all promotions offered thereafter until their machine enters production. That means our earliest pre-order customers get the benefits of every deal offered since we started offering promotions. "

However, you might want to confirm with Gerry.

#168 7 years ago

The games that have been demonstrated so far have not shown a lot of 3D graphics capability. Does the host machine have the capability to support 3D graphics-intensive game designs? Is the host machine hardware upgradeable?

I recall that his was answered by Gerry in an earlier thread, not so long ago, maybe look through the threads in the Multimorphic subforum.

#169 7 years ago

Found it! Not sure this completely answers your question but it is from this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-october-2016-public-update

Hi Gerry -
Will the play field display be 4K resolution at final release or are you sticking with 1080p?
Curious to know about your thoughts on new standards that are available on that front...

Our playfield display is a ruggedized commerical 1080p display. I doubt many would be very happy with the price of a 4k one at this point. Then again, median prices for even single-themed machines seem to be catching up and passing us.
Regardless of price, there are a lot of other variables that go into such a decision, like rendering power (CPU and video card) and content development, and we've sized our computer system to be powerful enough for new titles for [hopefully] years. Most of the content in games like LL-EE is rendered dynamically. We're not just showing video clips. Generating 4k quality content would be an expensive proposition, and we see very little value in that now. Our focus today is on fun gameplay. IMO, a 4k display won't make games any more fun than a 1080p for the next few years.
All that said, our system is designed to allow quick swaps/upgrades of components like the display (and almost everything else). The display literally slides out of the front of our (now patented) playfield rail system. Upgrading the 1080p display to a 4k one in the future would take all of about 30 seconds.
That was the long version. The short version is... we'll be sticking with 1080p for now, but upgrading to 4k in the future will be easy.
- Gerry
http:www.multimorphic.com

#170 7 years ago

When I signed up, the plan was Lexi + Cosmic Cart Racing for $10K, and now it looks like a redemption game (which in a home environment I really have no use for) and some rethemes of Lexi for $10K. Is there a way to forego Cannon Lagoon to get a credit for some or all of the cost of Cosmic Cart Racing when it comes out?

I am in the same boat. The P3 offer was more interesting when there was 2 full blown pinball games attached to it. When it switched to Lexy + the others, it wasn't as interesting.

I had asked Gerry about it, and my understanding from his response is the cosmic cart racing offer is no more, it is Canyon Lagoon.

I have not played Canyon Lagoon, so I have no real opinion about it, but obviously it is not a full pinball game and I was kind of bummed to lose Cosmic Cart Racing. So I kind of put myself in a "wait and see" mode and am still there.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Found it! Not sure this completely answers your question but it is from this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-october-2016-public-update

The Raspberry Pi can render 1080p but that doesn't mean that you would want to play the latest games on it. I was more just trying to get an idea whether the graphics horsepower is at the Intel integrated graphics level, a low-end GPU, or something that you could reasonably play modern FHD games like an RX470 or 480. That said, it sounds like the system is upgradeable, so I think I'm ok with that answer.

Quoted from Mbecker:

My understanding right now is that dev of commercial 3rd party games will be vetted and sold thu multimorphic to ensure it won't break your machine which makes sense. I assumed/possibly heard? though that an owner would have access to a dev kit and be able to (at their own risk) develop their own games or possibly play with game code on existing games? The latter is what's particularly interesting to me so I hope this is true.

Per Gerry:

When we first went public with the P3, we declared our intention to open
source all of our original-themed games. We also described the platform as
"open platform", which meant that we would provide all of the low level
libraries, documentation, and machine specs necessary for somebody to
develop their own playfield modules and apps that would work in/on the P3.
I'm proud to say we remain steadfast in those decisions. Anybody with the
means will be able to download our original-themed game code, change it,
compile it, and run it locally on their P3 at their own risk. Those who
want to build fully custom apps by leveraging our tools and low level
libraries can do so as well. When a developer wants to distribute his app
to others, we have to be more intimately involved so we can validate that
the app won't damage the P3 or otherwise open it up to unforeseen risks (as
thoroughly as we can, anyway). So there will be a testing / validation
cycle before 3rd party apps can be released to the public.

#172 7 years ago

When we first went public with the P3, we declared our intention to open
source all of our original-themed games. We also described the platform as
"open platform", which meant that we would provide all of the low level
libraries, documentation, and machine specs necessary for somebody to
develop their own playfield modules and apps that would work in/on the P3.
I'm proud to say we remain steadfast in those decisions.

Sweet!! Good to know.

For those that were on that preorder It certainly does seem like a big downgrade and bummer to go from kart racing to lagoon.. lagoon looks fun but not hours and hours of fun, just too simple. I'm guessing that someone could take it to the next level with more coding and possibly re theme? I wonder if we'll see any rethemes down the road with existing modules like lagoon or
Lexy.

Still.. 5 games and 2 modules is better than just 1 module / game if you don't cash in on the pre order spot

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I am in the same boat. The P3 offer was more interesting when there was 2 full blown pinball games attached to it. When it switched to Lexy + the others, it wasn't as interesting.

Quoted from Mbecker:

For those that were on that preorder It certainly does seem like a big downgrade and bummer to go from kart racing to lagoon

OK, I recieved an email from Gerry on this, the information I gave above was incorrect. See below:

We've received a number of inquiries about our status on Cosmic Cart Racing (CCR) and whether or not it's possible to apply the P3's purchase price of $9875 to LL-EE and a future shipment of CCR instead of LL-EE, LL-SAS, CL, ROCs, and Barnyard. The short answer is yes; email me if that's your wish. The long answer is provided below:

When we first announced the 0-dollar pre-order for the P3, we announced Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth along with plans to develop Cosmic Cart Racing, and we suggested that there could be an option to purchase both games for an introductory price. We later made the corporate decision to delay the development of CCR in favor of expanding our potential customer base and showing off a wider range of platform capabilities through a variety of non-traditional games like Cannon Lagoon, ROCs, Barnyard, and the multi-ball mini-game Lexy Lightspeed - Secret Agent Showdown. Having changed the development sequence of the games, we also changed the multi-game pre-order option to include LL-EE, CL, and the mini-games instead of LL-EE and CCR.

As has been confirmed through email responses, many of you are excited about the 5 game package and how the additional games will appeal to a wider range of people in your families and communities. We've also received a number of emails asking about receiving the P3 with only LL-EE and then being offered CCR for free when it's released, as we suggested in our original announcement. The varying opinions validate our decision to develop a multi-game capable platform and explore new pinball gameplay mechanics, and that's really nice to see.

At the end of the day, we want everybody to be happy with their P3 and the games they choose to own. Therefore, we're happy to give you the following 2 options for your outstanding payment request:

1) Accept the offer as-is. For the $9875 purchase price, you'll receive a P3 with LL-EE, LL-SAS, CL, ROCs, and Barnyard
2) Switch to the CCR deal. For the $9875 purchase price, you'll receive a P3 with LL-EE and credit for the purchase of CCR, which will ship when it becomes available.

To switch to option #2 (CCR), please respond to this email and let me know. I'll then update your invoice to indicate the change and send it back to you as confirmation.

We'll also be making all of the games available for purchase individually. So regardless of your current choice, you'll have the option to add the other games to your game library at any point in the future. Prices are currently TBD and will be based on a number of factors, but we're still on track with our initial estimates of $1500-$3000 for games with new playfield modules and much less for software-only mini-games.

As for the status of CCR...

Now that we've reached production, part of our design team is shifting focus back to CCR, with the intention of completing it by the end of 2017. That being realistic depends of course on how smoothly the P3 rollout process goes, but we have resources who will be solely focused on CCR dev.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

#174 7 years ago

solarvalue thanks for sharing that letter! Very interesting and awesome of multimorphic to honor the original deal announcement even when there wasn't any money involved. I also appreciate Gerrys communication -- it's always professional, thorough, and prompt. If ccr also made it out this year that would be fantastic!

1 month later
#175 7 years ago

I just paid in full for mine with the CCR option. This looks to be a huge success and I'm very excited about future modules. Great job Multimorphic!

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

I just paid in full for mine with the CCR option. This looks to be a huge success and I'm very excited about future modules. Great job Multimorphic!

Nice! I'm full in as well with same option, excited to see gameplay of ccr when it comes. Be interesting to see the baseball theme this month as well

#177 7 years ago

I'm not paid in full yet... gotta earn the interest for another month or two.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

What kind of interest will you earn in a couple months on 10k? I thought if anyone had their money all in, it was you.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

What kind of interest will you earn in a couple months on 10k?

One dollar of interest is one dollar I didn't have before. $6k over two months at .8% is still money I don't need to part with.

Quoted from fastpinball:

I thought if anyone had their money all in, it was you.

I signed his preorder list like the next guy. I was not one of the founding; paid-in-full people in his first batch. AFAIK; I'm probably about midway thru the second batch.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

One dollar of interest is one dollar I didn't have before. $6k over two months at .8% is still money I don't need to part with.

I signed his preorder list like the next guy. I was not one of the founding; paid-in-full people in his first batch. AFAIK; I'm probably about midway thru the second batch.

I'm one of the founding people who jumped on back when the P3 was a bunch of PVC and tech demos. Really excited to see this coming to form shortly.

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm one of the founding people who jumped on back when the P3 was a bunch of PVC and tech demos. Really excited to see this coming to form shortly.

Good on you man, that's a long ride!

I wish I could make it to Texas this month, but already had vacation plans that weekend. Hope to catch some good videos from the show.. I have yet to play it, but the concept has me hooked

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Right on.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Good on you man, that's a long ride!
I wish I could make it to Texas this month, but already had vacation plans that weekend. Hope to catch some good videos from the show.. I have yet to play it, but the concept has me hooked

Will you have yours by the NW Pinball Show? People ask if one will be there each year. Bring it!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Will you have yours by the NW Pinball Show? People ask if one will be there each year. Bring it!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I wish! I'd bring it if I had it, but prob early august at the earliest I think.. late July if there's no delays in production but we know how that goes..

#185 7 years ago

All in for run #2 here also. I went for the current game deal and will add CCR later on. There's some fun to be had with the current game lineup too, and I have some use for the simpler games as well as Lexi.

#186 7 years ago

Cl looks fun, but the longevity didn't seem to be there for me and the price point unfortunately a little high for me to think about buying it alone.. unless someone makes a killer game off the module then I may have to rethink it.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Me too - tho in my case it's waiting for Ethereum and Monero to surge in value again before I convert them to Bitcoin, then to NZ$, then to a US$ wire transfer, then wait a week. I can't wait to buy future P3 games with Bitcoin, but for now I understand Gerry's position.

Not a bad investment tho - about $2K set aside a year ago is now worth more than enough to cover the cost of a P3 + accessories + international shipping + local tax.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Mad respects. It's literally folks like you who have made this possible

#189 7 years ago

PinballShoppe --$2k in bitcoin a year ago is worth $10k+ now??! Or is that the monero? Had to look those first two up, never even heard of them. That's a nice profit!

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Cl looks fun, but the longevity didn't seem to be there for me and the price point unfortunately a little high for me to think about buying it alone.. unless someone makes a killer game off the module then I may have to rethink it.

The CL playfield is a panacea for developers...

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

The CL playfield is a panacea for developers...

Yeah it's pretty open to interpretations.. dammit prob gonna have to buy it eventually plus the iterations..lol I'm very very curious to see what kind of price points the 3rd party games for existing modules come in at

#192 7 years ago

Loved Lexi when I played it

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

yetimon --$2k in bitcoin a year ago is worth $10k+ now??! Or is that the monero? Had to look those first two up, never even heard of them. That's a nice profit!

That's a rough number based on a variety of altcoins I had been playing with over a year or so, but yes, very nice returns! Bitcoin was about $420 last March, and is at $1200 now. That's where my weekly savings deposits are going, but I set aside about 4BTC to play with in other crypto markets. That included getting some Ethereum when it was under $5 (now $19) and some Monero at $4 (now $13). I also had lots of losses of course, Solarcoin and MaidSafe are worth less than when I bought, but I have long-term hopes for those two projects. I sold most of my Dash far too soon however - that's up 500% this year alone.

To bring this back on-topic, I hope to accept crypto payments as well as coins for credits on my P3, using QR codes on the display. It'll be interesting to see how much flexibility the SDK gives us - I might need to pick BJ's brain to get deeper access to the interface.

#194 7 years ago

Yep, this is the future, can't wait to see the new head-to-head online game which will be revealed at TPF!

So many other features are already in place that are going to make the P3 a new paradigm in pinball:

-handicapping of better players to allow families and friends to play at the same level
-1 vs team play, team vs team play, etc.
-reduced cost of game production will lead to a much wider variety of game styles (kids games, adventure games, puzzle games, educational games, gambling games, etc.)
-modular components will lead to a much wider variety of playfields, flipper layouts, controls, etc.

This is flying under the radar now because the old guard can't see the potential but this platform will change pinball forever.

1 week later
#195 7 years ago

Wow. Been on pinside for 6 months and never even seen this! Just read the whole thread. What a new level of innovation! Price tag is a killer though. Definitely following and would love to own one in the future. Good luck multimorphic! Speechless

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Wow. Been on pinside for 6 months and never even seen this! Just read the whole thread. What a new level of innovation! Price tag is a killer though. Definitely following and would love to own one in the future. Good luck multimorphic! Speechless

Multimorphic was at Pintastic in 2016; not sure if there will be a presence at this year's show but I certainly hope so.

If you're blown away by videos, wait until you actually play a P3!

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Multimorphic was at Pintastic in 2016; not sure if there will be a presence at this year's show but I certainly hope so.
If you're blown away by videos, wait until you actually play a P3!

Ya I hope they are at pintastic this year. Looking forward to it!

#198 7 years ago

Good luck to Gerry and the crew at TPF! Everybody please post your reviews, pics and videos of the new games.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Good luck to Gerry and the crew at TPF! Everybody please post your reviews, pics and videos of the new games.

2nd this -- really looking forward to seeing the first third party game revealed and some gameplay video

Also, I can't remember, does anyone know if the development kit is shipped as part the the p3 package? I was assuming so, but given that you could potentially screw hardware up I wasn't sure how that would be handled.. maybe it's been mentioned before and I forgot already?

#200 7 years ago

Pinfest? I'd like to play first before I consider pulling the trigger on this. Anyone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-lexy-et-al-whos-in/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.