IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tribonian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1923 1 year ago

Ready to put down a deposit and join this club. I’m tentatively thinking of ordering Heist to start.

Any recommendations for ordering direct from Multimorphic versus from On Tilt in Los Angeles?

Thanks!

#1929 1 year ago

Thank you for your responses, everyone. On Tilt said they already had some on order and it would be 3 or 4 months so I made the deposit. It will be my first NIB pin.

2 weeks later
#2009 1 year ago

Are there slingshots and side target covers for System core or the generic sets? I don’t see them in the art packages in the Multimorphic store. Thanks.

#2011 1 year ago

Thank you, TJ.

#2038 1 year ago

Didn’t MM/Gerry already announce that there would be 2 releases in 2023, one licensed, one original? That puts the odds at 50-50. A production backlog of c. 12 months argues for releasing original theme first. Following classic pinball motifs we’ve seen SciFi (LL), Racing (CCR), Outlaws/Beating the System (Heist) & Redemption (CL). So maybe a sport (football or billiards) or carnival/amusement park theme next.

Licensed themes sell but they’re ephemeral and become dated quickly. Great if you’re a manufacturer that caters to enthusiasts who churn machines, but for a platform premised on enduring appeal, licenses need to be selected with more care. Weird Al was a great choice because his career spans decades and his irreverent humor lends itself well to animations which is one of the P3’s (many) glaring advantages over its competitors.

For licenses, cartoon animations look stunning on the P3. If Igloo coolers can license the Beatles’ Yellow Submarine maybe the cost is not prohibitive. Phineas & Ferb would translate well artistically, Professor Doofenschmirtz’ -inator contraptions would give TJ a lot of mechanical engineering choices and Candace’s efforts to bust Phinease & Ferb would be perfect for hurry ups.

Tl;dr Can’t wait to see what the MM team comes up with next!

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I remember him saying two titles... but don't specifically remember him stating a 50/50 split.
" The Company plans to release two new full-featured P3 modules in 2023.
" -- https://www.knapparcade.org/post/multimorphic-pinball-plans-to-release-two-new-games-in-2023

I'd think they'd be head down with the new baby and the backlog - but would love to be surprised.

Thanks, Z. I couldn’t find it either; thought I’d heard licensed/unlicensed on a podcast but could just be confabulating.

Looking forward to whatever news whenever MM is ready. Since I’m still in the production queue, a later announcement might benefit me slightly. (In on Heist!, leaning CCR for 2nd module but could definitely be persuaded by …?)

#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

… when we announce future titles, a new batch of people will be lamenting the wait and wishing they'd already gotten in line today while all of you are enjoying each new game.
https://www.multimorphic.com

This is me, eagerly awaiting my turn.

As the (adapted) proverb goes:

The best time to order a P3 was 13 months ago. The second best time is right now.

Congratulations to the growing family!

#2070 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there is a P3 on route anywhere in San Diego? I’ll be heading there for work and would love to try one. Glad I’m already in the queue as I assume (and hope) the Scott Danesi announcement will spur more base orders.

1 month later
#2255 1 year ago

My space in the production queue is coming up and I am trying to figure out which additional modules I should order next (I want them all but cannot afford them all at once).

Base order is for Heist! and I am in line for an FR eventually. Curious about which modules current owners recommend based on actual playing time & diversity of flow. Really trying to decide the order of WAMONH, CCR & LL. (CL is an eventual but not imminent order).

My current thinking is that CCR offers fast flow with a narrative option in SA and would offer the best contrast to Heist! Want LL, but no particular hurry. Played a prototype ages ago and was impressed enough to know I want to play/own the final product someday. WAMONH- I prefer original themes (exception: LoTR) and find all the dad band machines off putting, but would make an exception for Weird Al. Primary concern is recency bias- played JP on location (and Godzilla) and did not find their current rankings justified. Wondering if WAMONH is holding up even after the new module smell fades a little.

Drained! Absolutely want to play and likely willing to buy based on gameplay videos alone, but not yet. CL: want primarily for the pitch & bat add on but happy to wait a few years when I will have more free time.

I searched the forum before posting and have consulted past recommendations but am curious in people’s current ones since there have been new modules and more time to season the others.

Thanks!

#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

My ranking for Multimophic titles:
Weird Al
Final Resistance (assumed until TPF)
Sorcer's Apprentice (CCR)
Heist
Lexy
Cosmic Cart Racing
Cannon Lagoon
Third party titles not ranked.

Thanks, Z. I would not have anticipated an add on game such as SA ranking so high overall.

#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Have Weird Al- Love it. It absolutely feels like real pinball. If anything I feel that the potential gimmicks that can be done on this platform are underutilized….feels and plays like a WPC game… with more toys.
Heist- If you like modern Sterns. It is a deep game.

80s and 90s Williams machines are what hooked me. Your original post is what put WAMONH on my radar to begin with.

I find modern Sterns pretty meh. Have never considered one NIB, find the light shows all flash and thunder, signifying nothing. But Heist! is what put me over the edge. Just wish I’d the funds to buy earlier.

What I’m looking for is a good contrast to Heist! A fast flow or something less deep. Think FR will fill that bill but I am way down on the list.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Ignoring FR, as it's an unknown.:
Your first two modules should be Weird Al and Heist.
After that I would vote for Lexy.
I know it gets a lot of love, but my typical CCR ball is: brick, brick...brick, brick, brick...drain.
- Mark

Thank you, Mark. Fast drains probably fine if there is a good payoff when you do connect. I get the sense Heist & Weird Al can have long ball times so maybe CCR would balance that? That said, I am very intrigued by Lexy gameplay videos and the CCR much less.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I haven't played it yet, buts lets not overlook, Drained, made by our P3 community friend, Nick Baldridge. Not to mention his sub games.
I'm reluctant to rank any of the games because I need more time on some of them. But right now Cannon Lagoon is getting very high marks with me. I still haven't played it but I recently scored a NIB version for only $1,000. (yea me)
And Scott Danesi is so cool. His game, Final Resistance, just came out and he's already campaigning for people to write a new game program or a sub program for it. Works for me as the more loaded my machine is, the happier I'll be.

Definitely not going to overlook Drained! The artwork alone is worth the price of admission and it looks fun.

And I plan to get all the add on games for the separate modules, though I may wait on Barnyard until I have small children coming to visit.

CL holds relatively little appeal but the Grand Slam pitch and bat does.

Thanks for sharing your perspective; I appreciate it.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is pretty much my answer too. Cannon Lagoon is fun but you really need the Grand Slam Rally game to get the full benefit of that playfield. THAT game is great -
Lexy is fantastic - I’d really like to see MM do a “remastered” version of that game as the playfield is STELLAR (no pun intended). The shots are awesome, smooth, flowy. But the visuals were done before Stephen Silver came on board, and aren’t in line with the recent games. I think he’s done a fantastic job giving them kind of a “house style” I really appreciate.

From what I have seen in the videos, Stephen Silver’s cultivation of a house aesthetic has helped take Multimorphic to the next level. But I get the sense that this team is more than the sum of its parts. As is the platform.

Finances may push me towards CL sooner. Presently leaning Heist! WAMONH and LL or CL depending on what disposable income looks like when my machine goes into production.

Thanks for all the input.

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Depends what you're looking for and what style games you like.
For what it's worth, my ranking of the "main" games is:
Heist
Lexy

Sorcerer's Apprentice

CCR

Weird Al

Cannon Lagoon

let me know if you have any specific questions about anything.

Thank you, C. I appreciate the detailed response about what you like & don’t like about each.

I do like AFM and Lexy would probably be #2 on my list after Heist! if not for the art package. I’m no prude but prefer my pinball as wholesome as possible.

Also hoping for a second software package (the spaceship looks like a Ferris wheel to me and amusement park themes such as Comet, Cyclone, FH have always appealed).

Flow is always a plus. The HS freeway-ramp combo and Picard maneuver are among my favorite shots. It seems like the CCR module would offer the most shooting diversity from the others in terms of fast combos. Apart from flow in its own right, I want games that showcase the range of the P3.

The appeal of WAMONH (to me) lies in all the diverters. I genuinely prefer original, unlicensed themes and would be in on WA in spite of the theme not because of it (I find him likeable and his music good but a little goes a long way). I’d love to play that one in particular before buying.

Thanks again!

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Ummm.... What exactly do you object to?
She is wearing lipstick?
Her breasts are a little larger than normal. (Though fully covered and with the view partially blocked by her arms)?
[quoted image]
- Mark

It’s the video at start of gameplay where they show the characters that I find off putting. It’s brief & not too over the top but I’d much prefer a Stephen Silver cartoonish character that is more family friendly.

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I would love a Lexy code update to use the new artwork style.
It wouldn't be that hard, as there isn't much gameplay to update.
But, it would distract from whatever new games are being developed.
I just got hung-up on the words wholesome and prude, as even in the old artwork I don't see anything objectionable.
Then again, I would be the first to upvote a Barbarella retheme!
- Mark

There is nothing objectionable in the original art package. Just excessive for my taste. And I enjoyed Bride of Pinbot and would support a Barbarella retheme. I just think that relegates a machine from the family room to the man cave. The P3 deserves pride of place in the home (imho). And to be clear, my issue with LL is picking nits. I fully intend to acquire it, it’s just a question of sequencing.

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

IMHO the sweet spot for software only games is <$1k which would likely preclude any licensed titles.

Agree that $1K is probably the upper limit for a software only add-on. $500 for SA seems reasonable & fair. No idea what licenses cost but would expect a wide range. A John Wick license might be prohibitive, Charles Bronson Death Wish affordable and Keystone Kops free (public domain, as are any films before 1928).

Charade (Cary Grant & Audrey Hepburn, 1963) is Whodunnit/mystery also allegedly in the public domain due to a defective copyright notice. So there are some unoriginal themes that could fit under $1K.

#2300 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I just want to throw this quick graphic out there as a discussion point for the folks that say that the playfield in the P3 being in the back 1/3rd limits possibilities.
[quoted image]

Thank you for posting, the side by side comparison is very persuasive. Would love to see more. The open lower playfield limits possibilities. But not very much and not meaningfully.

The 6! scoops, side targets, virtual targets and features like the Heist! crane more than compensate (imo).

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Cool, thanks. I didn’t realize you get one set of art with the system.

I am in the production queue and partial to the “System Core” package but it doesn’t seem to have any playfield plastics. I’m hoping they’ll include the Final Resistance plastics on request because it seems like the most generic choice.

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Sounds like the modules could have a bit more protective cushioning during shipping. An outer shipping box that the current box goes inside of. Maybe even with a layer of foam in between the two boxes would add protection. Those single parcel UPS shipments are subject to all kinds of abuse. It could take a drop or a hit on any face or corner at any time. It can also ride on any of those for a time. You can't assume it will stay upright. Sorry, I was in packaging for a long time and couldn't resist throwing two cents in.

I would gladly pay the extra shipping & handling & insurance for a more secure delivery. Or pay a premium for a sturdier more cosmetic module storage box wrapped in extra cushioning. Shame for careless shippers to undo untold hours of skilled labor.

2 weeks later
#2525 1 year ago

As someone late to the P3 party, I am idly curious about production numbers but I am not a developer so I don’t need to know. (But would expect to sign a nondisclosure agreement if I did.)

Many companies regard all aspects of production as proprietary but Multimorphic seems to follow its own, different model so who knows. I’d expect Gerry et al to disclose production numbers if and when it confers some sort of advantage but not otherwise.

At present, I am only interested in the production of my base unit because I am even more selfish than I am curious.

Enjoy your machines!

#2537 1 year ago

Updated tour of Multimorphic facility that I haven’t seen posted yet:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2023/04/10/multimorphic-visit-2023/

#2564 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

So it IS true that we would get Heads Up when purchasing an additional base unit.
Now we just need Nick to make a basketball module that can be played with linked machines, similar to how NBA Fastbreak did. Just think of the endless sports games.
Thanks for confirming

Would prefer head to head soccer, but I like the way you think.

#2568 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It's pretty simple:
-If you want multiple games on a single pin, the P3 system is a great value and is a better value than most other options….Like buying a PS5 so you can play a single title. You can do it, and it'll work great...but it's going to cost you.

I agree; a single title owner would needlessly pay a premium for modularity they don’t need. But how many people in the hobby are ever satisfied with one title? Seems like most people on pinside collect until they run out of money or space at which point they start swapping and selling for variety with bouts of mania for new releases and seller’s remorse.

Once production is more balanced with demand, I’d love to see a module subscription or lease program but I don’t anticipate Multimorphic having available personnel or space for that for a long time.

2 months later
#2813 9 months ago
Quoted from Seraph:

I found the P3 power supply fan to be distractingly loud. This is the first pin I've owned, so I don't have any basis for comparison, but after a few weeks it was still driving me crazy, even when I was in another room, and even when someone was playing a game with the volume cranked. My wife and kids said it didn't really bother them, so perhaps I'm just highly attuned to and annoyed by those fan frequencies. I'd never noticed the noise when playing at shows or in bars, but boy it was a killer at home.
Anyway, I took the plunge and ordered the PinMonk fan. I installed it in my P3 over lunch today. The instructions were very detailed. It took me a while, as I wanted to be careful and this was the first time I'd really dug into the guts of the P3. I guess I managed to do it all correctly, because I gave Cannon Lagoon a whirl after it was all done and, outside of the pirates yelling and the clacking of the balls, there was just sweet, sweet silence. I even did the "put a paper in front of the fan to make sure it is working" test like TheCapn did in his review of the fan because it was sooo quiet.
Now, did I void my warranty? Probably. Will I feel better about the thermals when I've played two hours straight of Weird Al without issue instead of just one round of CL? Absolutely. Am I glad I did it? Oh, yeah. For 20 bucks I just eliminated the one thing about the gameplay experience that I really disliked.

If you happen to have taken any photos, I’d love to see them. My P3 should be on the line imminently and I may be interested in keeping the volume lower.

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#2895 8 months ago

My long anticipated P3 arrived today at 1:00. Despite being terrible with electronics and mechanics (I know, this may not be the right hobby for me), had it set up and running by 4:00. Hardest part was moving it.

Loving the P3 in general and Heist in particular so far!

#2900 8 months ago

After 18 hours of ownership, I could not be more pleased with the P3 in general and Heist! in particular. Turns out I’m not nearly as good at pinball as I thought but am looking forward to lots of practice. Hats off to S. Silver, TJ and the rest of the creative team. Heist! is a masterpiece.

#2903 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Right?
Who would have thought unlicensed themes could still be so awesome! Now on to Final Resistance to drive the point even further!

My favorite games (High Speed, Pin*Bot, Médiéval Madness etc.) are all unlicensed with the sole exception LoTR this far (agnostic on Weird Al because I haven’t played it). Liked T2 back in the day but doubt it stands the test of time.

I am on the waitlist for FR but may try to
change to Lexy next.

#2908 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

does anyone have some directions on how to install that pole that goes between the flippers to make shots drain less ? And also adjust outlanes?
Thanks

Video here:

#2911 8 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

especially in light of the recent home runs Ssilver has put out. Obligatory request for a Lexy HD!

I am a very big fan of Ssilver’s contributions. Really looking forward to seeing his next P3 project and would not be disappointed if it’s Lexy. But am expecting the unexpected.

4 weeks later
#2967 7 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

If your P3 is connected to the internet, go to System Manager->Install Update->From multimorphic.com and find Heist and the Heist module driver in the list. When selecting them, your P3 will give you the option to install the update or read the release notes.
Alternatively, download the update from the Software page on multimorphic.com (after login) and save to a USB drive. Plug into the coin door USB slot, go to System Manager->Install Update->From USB.

I get as far as the “From Multimorphic.com” but then a message flashes up too quickly to read.

#2969 7 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Tribonian you may be having connectivity issues - try downloading to a USB stick and installing from there.

Thank you, Bingo. I’ll double check connectivity and if that fails, USB

5 months later
#3522 60 days ago
Quoted from BigSkyPinball:

How much am I and my SO looking forward to TPB? Orders opened at 9:00am, and my invoice is dated 9:00:45am.
Having every P3 game kit (still waiting on FR to arrive), I may need to eventually get a second cabinet so that I don't have to swap games as often. At the moment I'd like to have both Weird Al and TPB available, but I've also been missing Heist. Would also be nice to have a second cabinet for when I have groups of people over.

I would if I had the space (& disposable income).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Round Rock, TX
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tribonian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=tribonian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.