IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1345 1 year ago

The thing with the P3 it has always a bit of a chicken and the egg conundrum. You need a large enough embedded base of titles to attract designer/developers or other companies to develop games for the platform and you need enough game content to get buyers to see the full benefits of the P3 and to fully understand the model.

It certainly seems that Weird Al might be the tipping point. Not because it as a licensed title, although that certainly helped bring more eyeballs, but because we have now seen multiple fully developed feature rich games. We know that Scott Danesi dis music on a game for the P3 platform, that speaks volumes. Given these recent advancements, I am now on the wait list for a P3. The fact they now have a pretty big backlog is indicative of this tipping point. Could other companies turn to the P3 to develop games, would not shock me.

#1350 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I had not heard he was making a module but would be very interested.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Scott is designing a game?? Awesome!!

I mis-spoke, it was music on Weird Al that he was doing, with Michael on code on that game. Guess I should drink coffee before I post.

6 months later
#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Phineas & Ferb would translate well artistically, Professor Doofenschmirtz’ -inator contraptions would give TJ a lot of mechanical engineering choices and Candace’s efforts to bust Phinease & Ferb would be perfect for hurry ups.

This would be great theme, just not sure it is well known enough. Always enjoyed watching it with my daughter and heard they are new episodes on the way.

Quoted from Tribonian:

Looking forward to whatever news whenever MM is ready. Since I’m still in the production queue, a later announcement might benefit me slightly. (In on Heist!, leaning CCR for 2nd module but could definitely be persuaded by …?)

One of the reasons I got on the list, was not because of weird Al, but because of what might be next or next after that. I've been watching p3 for years, it is clear it has reached that tipping point where more and more 'content' is being created, heck, you now have a second company making modules, so I am confident they will have games I want. While I have not been a NIB buyer, the modular approach would make it more affordable to add new titles and I figured I better get in line now, since even if they beef up production, that line is probably going to grow as they announce more titles. If they are doing two modules in 2023, seems like I will have more choices for modules when my machine is finally being built.

3 weeks later
#2138 1 year ago

Glad i got in line for my base unit a few months ago, before all you double dippers started jumping back in and before the haunted house party 2 tease.

1 month later
#2420 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Gerry said in the discord P3 dev-forum that he dislikes anything that would leave early adopters behind. A P4 might eventually become a reality but don't hold your breath.

If a P4 every happened, I suspect Gerry would do what ever he could that existing P3s could upgrade to a P4. You see that now with other improvements they have done. I would say that is probably part of the whole modular nature of it. Time will tell, meanwhile I still have probably six months before I get mine -- Gerry said they were beefing up the production team, but does not seem they have reduced the wait time, but that is likely due to people getting in line faster than they can add staff.

Quoted from Shaker:

While us fanboys speculate about future P3 tables, toys, features and such: Gerry runs a tight ship. We have no idea what the future holds until it's officially announced.

Very true, It is pretty wild how there were no rumors of Weird Al coming or Final resistance, where every other game in the industry is talked about for months before release. Although maybe this is backwards, maybe rumors get those games made, so, if that is the case, I heard the next P3 is Seinfeld, but my buddy said he heard it is Shawshank redemption (can you say "Andy escapes Multiball"), but his wife said she heard it is Golden Girls.

1 month later
#2668 11 months ago

Somehow we had an oversized ball at AP that got mixed in with the rest, must have been some left over jpop thing, that we first discovered when working on the first Houdini prototype and balls were getting stuck in trough. Took a while to realize what was going on as we first assumed a trough issue. I kept the ball and when new lab people would come on board, at some point I would drop it in a game just to mess with them.

5 months later
#3129 5 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I’m fine with the two buttons, just wish they, or someone, would offer an alternate button box that is ergonomically better for people that use their index finger. Like the design used by American Pinball. Would just need to move the yellow button back more under the red.

I came up with that button positioning as I felt it was easier as it does not require you to move your hands or change your normal hand and finger position. But some felt the more “traditional” front and back would be better. I hated the extra button WCS for the magnet grab, as it was too far apart and rarely used and did not work well so it became not used. Regardless, stand by the decision.

With all extra button games, it does not take some time to train the brain and fingers to use them, they do give more control. It would be interesting to see alternative boxes with different placement and/or single button staged for those whose can’t or refuse to adjust. Of course that will result in dozens of new posts to debate each designs pros and cons, because that is what we do.

Someone needs to head over to the 3D printing thread …

3 months later
#3533 59 days ago
Quoted from lepstein:

I have MacBook and older pc at home.
Can I use the MacBook to develop C# code for unity or do I need to use the PC?
Is there a play simulator/playfield simulator program through the unity program or would I have to hook up to a P3 to work on gameplay trials?

I do 99% of my development on a Mac. and 1% on windows, reason being that the version of unity the platform prefers, does not run on my Mac, so I use a slightly different version and then use the windows machine to be sure things work correctly.

On princess Bride I did most of game development in the simulator.

#3545 59 days ago

The most important thing to me when working on a game is balance. There are so many aspects of the game play you need to balance whether it is for skill level, scoring, energy, etc and that also applies to how you use the playfield features. We always want to leverage everything a module and the platform offer, but that also means finding the right balance and not over using things. Ball detection on screen is really cool, but the p3 is not a one trick pony so not like we have to do a ton with it on every game, sometimes less is more.

But if you want a lot of screen interaction then as MOcean points out there are a few games that use it extensively. I like to play DDD for exactly that reason

1 month later
#3624 14 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just received my final resistance today. Pretty cool game although I'm bummed by the terrible quality of the playfield. I don't know why they continue to use what looks like a shitty sticker instead of manufacturing a real playfield surface. It's absurd for the price of these modules.
I'm having only one issue at this point and I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
During swarm the flippers get really weak and feel like limp noodles. It's a similar thing that used to happen to my houdidni when there was a lot going on in the playfield. It makes the mode feel horrible. Almost like the power supply can't keep up.

Check that your End of stroke switches are working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=rosh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.