IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Two player would be huge on gsr— esp if the second player could control pitches or outs via Bluetooth/phone kinda like what JJP had going with the DI app.

Or perhaps they could incorporate the flipper buttons on each side to control the pitches. It would be a close space at the machine for two players (cozy) but a slight delay for the pitch would account for that.

I am really enjoying, Secret Agent Showdown after recently installing it and would like to see it also become a two or four player game. It's a bargain at only 100 bucks.

36e (resized).jpg36e (resized).jpg
1 month later
#464 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I just ordered a set. I wasn't aware they were available and for a great price.

2 years later
#1237 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do u guys recommend plastic protectors for the legs ?

No, I never use them. Not for a new machine by any manufacturer anyway. Those are old school when nothing else was available. The only good use for the plastic ones now are to cover existing damage on a painted cabinet.

The metal spacer cabinet guards are the only way to go and well worth the effort imo.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0599-00

No matter, I will buy a set as it's an easy installation and a brilliant solution. -

#1239 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think the air balls are originating from the gap on the left in between those things that go up and down and the playfield anyone know how to fix it ?

Try reseating the playfield. Make sure its latched in place on both sides.

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from twitami:

Weird problem on my P3. All of my GI lighting, and some of my scoops' lights are out. The P3 logo is dark too. This a fuse issue you think or something else?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Multimorphic tech support. Speaking for myself, I've never had such great service. Prompt, easy to follow replies with great instruction.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I use Voodoo glass on my P3 on every stream I do. Looks great, wouldn’t play without it.

Yep. I have PDI glass in mine.

2 weeks later
#1283 1 year ago

I don't have to bother friends to move games. Cup of coffee and my Escalera makes me fearless.

On the other hand, my friends bother me to borrow the damn thing.

1 week later
#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Bingo podcast is already doing just that. So yes I think it's possible and makes me excited for the future of the platform. Once people realize it's real pinball and much more efficient to create new games that are cheaper for your customers, the real magic happens

I think he meant the hardware playfield module.

#1327 1 year ago

Thanks. I knew of Nick's mini games but wasn't aware of this. I'll have to get caught up.

1 month later
#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should really consider CCR first. It's way better than I thought it would be. I thought Weird AL and Heist would get all the attention. But CCR is the only one that's been in the machine since it got here. Having the 3 games for it, be so different, makes it have very good variety, without having to even change a module.

Call it 4 games if you included ROC's. I love playing ROC's.

Just added CCR yesterday to go with my Weird Al LE. - I think the sale prices end tomorrow. Don't they?

1 week later
#1569 1 year ago

Anybody else notice that Multimorphic has the most intellectual and best looking customers on Pinside?

Maybe its just me

#1571 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Weird Al at Dory Hill!
[quoted image]

Dory Hill. Greatest outdoor camping pinball festival ever!!

Colorado rocks the pinball world.

1 month later
#1646 1 year ago
Quoted from sstellenberg:

Heh, no worries at all. If I could turn into a spider and have like 8,000 eggs filled with P3s on my back ready to release at any time, I totally would! Though I guess I'd wind up eating Gerry, so

We've never met or spoken but I like you already.

2 months later
#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I found rocs but what’s that second one? I can’t find it in the store?

Here ya go: Shoot & Scoot

https://www.multimorphic.com/category/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/

2 weeks later
#1955 1 year ago

My Weird Al showed up today. I haven't unboxed it yet but there are no forklift marks and it looks good all around.

And then there is this on the box. - I love the little reassuring touches.

z120230112_132409 (resized).jpgz120230112_132409 (resized).jpgz220230112_132423 (resized).jpgz220230112_132423 (resized).jpg
#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Question for owners. Do you need to allow space on both sides of the P3 to switch out modules or can you get everything from the front of the machine? Mine is going in an office and I have 5 games tucked in there pretty tightly.

My game room is carpeted and I have all of my games on furniture sliders, including my P3. I simply pull and slide my game forward the length of the cabinet and both sides are easily accessible. I push it back into the line up when done and I can place my P3 anywhere in my game room that pleases me.

I also have a Harbor Freight lift table I could use but hardly ever do, even though I store the lift table under my P3.

This is the heaviest machine out there and I'm no body builder, but I really think this worry about weight is a bit exaggerated. I mean, prepare for it, but once the game is set up you're good to go.

Quoted from bemmett:

Mine arrives on Monday! If you could get some practice moving and getting yours setup and then come on up and do the same with mine, that be great!

This is my 2nd complete P3 machine so I'm already well experienced, glad to help, and I'll bring a lot of beer. Pay no attention to those missing P3 kits when I'm gone.

#1977 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Just in case anyone was wanting one of those 500 lb Harbor Freight lift carts, they have a coupon for $50 off.

I took some pictures for you guys today, of how easy this is.

With just myself to do all of the work, I wheeled my P3 machine in, while still in the box, using my Escalera dolly. I sat the game on its butt and cut away the box. I then moved the Harbor Freight lift cart into position as you can see in picture #1. I like to use a moving blanket on the lift bed as it protects the game and helps position it onto the table.

Picture #2 shows it on the lift table, with the blanket, and centered. But don't be fooled. I forgot to take a picture.

What I did was pull the game towards me and lowered it down and rested it at an angle on the table. The I walked around to the butt end of the machine, lifted, slid and finessed it onto the table and centered it. The moving blanket helps that sliding process and make sure the cart wheels are locked so not to roll forward as you push it onto the table. Picture #3 is just another angle showing the leg pump and picture #4 shows the game lifted up and ready to put the legs on.

It's all quick and easy.

20230113_134008 (resized).jpg20230113_134008 (resized).jpg20230113_134251 (resized).jpg20230113_134251 (resized).jpg20230113_134322 (resized).jpg20230113_134322 (resized).jpg20230113_134413 (resized).jpg20230113_134413 (resized).jpg

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Pretty much how I did it too. Here's an archive of the stream where I unboxed my P3 with Heist if you want to see it in action:

I like your method better with putting the front legs on first and then lowering it down.

For anybody interested, fast forward to the 17:20 mark of Kevin's video.

1 month later
#2137 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

So a few months ago, I officially got in line for another base P3. Am I crazy for having 2 base units? Nah.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a second base P3 and you two guys just pushed me off the fence.

And technically it will be my 3rd as I was an early adopter of the P3. Sold my first one to a local friend to upgrade with Weird Al.

#2173 1 year ago

I understand why people compare all pinball companies to Stern. But keep in mind that Stern has a 30 plus year advantage over all of them, along with a huge staff and financial advantage.

Go P3

1 week later
#2192 1 year ago

Hi all

I'm selling my Weird Al, Limited Edition topper, plastics, artwork and more. See pictures in my ad.
Everything except for the module itself. Topper is too tall and therefore, never used.

I wasn't sure how to price it, so I looked at what toppers are going for these days and made a guess, along with all of the extra's I'm including.

I'm open to offers if someone wants to upgrade their Weird Al to the LE kit. Or if you're thinking of getting a Weird Al, as the LE's are all sold out.

Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/151765

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think you are over estimating the demand. This isn’t a R2d2 topper lol. The Weird Al LE kit costs 1800$. You’d probably be lucky to just get full value. The topper will not work in another machine without the topper breakout board. You didn’t include it.

No problem with having a frank discussion.

The topper and full artwork package for the LE is no longer offered. Only the 240 or 250 (?) artwork sets and toppers were made and that's it. That's not uber rare but it is pretty limited in my opinion.

Only the standard Weird Al artwork is available now, and at $475 if you look it up.

The topper will work in any of other newer machines, plug and play. I'm not offering the board because that would disable my machine. And I don't know what the break out board you referred to is, as I've never heard of it.

Here's a quote from Multimorphic when I asked about this just a couple of weeks ago:

""The topper will indeed fit on an older P3, but the backbox received some upgrades on newer P3s to have that functionality built in. There will be a kit released for older machines to make that work. If someone with an (older) existing P3 buys it from you, they will have to purchase that upgrade when it becomes available"".

I don't know what that kit price will be, but other than the two main P-ROC boards, the rest of the boards are cheap or very reasonable in price. Here's a link to their boards with prices: https://www.multimorphic.com/category/circuit-boards/

Anyway, as I said, I didn't know how to price this package so people are welcome to make an offer if they have interest and I'd be glad to discuss it.

Thanks

#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The number of LE kits is 227.
The breakout board I spoke of is that upgrade “kit”. I believe it’s out now as I’ve heard a few guys got them.
My comment was more about the fact that there just aren’t that many P3’s and/or Weird Al’s out there. Your possible customer base is limited when compared to something like Star Wars toppers.
You certainly can ask any amount you want just as folks can offer anything they want. At some point I wish you to find some willing to pay what you are willing to sell for!
All good!

Yes, I agree. All good here also and I appreciate your feedback.

I think a price reduction is in order and I'm going to give it some thought on how much and when. And if it doesn't sell on its own, eventually I will be moving on from Al and I can sell it all as a complete LE package then.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we can talk. The Weird Al topper is one of the better ones I've seen and mine has never been used.

#2213 1 year ago

I sold my Lexi but I only miss the sub game, Secret Agent.
Lexy is a good game but I had it since the beginning as an early adopter.

Welcome to the P-3 experience. All aspects of it are unique and I'm glad to be a part of it. Really glad.

#2235 1 year ago

I'll add another compliment to Multimorphic that seems to get overlooked and never mentioned.

They have the best mechanical engineers in all of pinball. Nobody even close.

#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve got to start clearing some space, and I’m thinking about selling my CCR playfield. Anyone interested?

I wish I had heard from you a month ago.

There's a WTB for a CCR on the Pinside Market

#2259 1 year ago

I haven't played it yet, buts lets not overlook, Drained, made by our P3 community friend, Nick Baldridge. Not to mention his sub games.

I'm reluctant to rank any of the games because I need more time on some of them. But right now Cannon Lagoon is getting very high marks with me. I still haven't played it but I recently scored a NIB version for only $1,000. (yea me)

And Scott Danesi is so cool. His game, Final Resistance, just came out and he's already campaigning for people to write a new game program or a sub program for it. Works for me as the more loaded my machine is, the happier I'll be.

#2307 1 year ago

The other false rumor is weak flippers. Couldn't be any further from the truth and the flippers on the P3 are great.

You can go back and forth between a Stern and a P3 with no noticeable difference. With the exception the Stern coil stops will wear out after 50 plays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.