SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (5 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kwaheltrut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#823 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how much shipping was within the states?

3 months later
#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m sitting with my 2 kids and if the new game is fortnight we’re buyers 100% .If not ,we will still look hard at it .Still looking for somewhere to play it .

I'm a fan of the video game so the theme would not be a deal breaker for me. I think it would be a bad move for Multimorphic based on feedback in other threads regarding the theme. They need something more mainstream to the pinball community. Whatever the theme is, I'm really excited to see how they implement it. With all of the craziness in pinball pricing, P3 is looking more like the best deal out there on a new system. I'm getting close to 2 months on my pre-order.

2 weeks later
#976 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hi, prospective P3 buyer here.
I've been thinking about getting a P3 for our commercial location here. Do P3s come with coin mechs, and can they be fitted with DBAs? I like the idea if having one on location and then changing the game each month to keep things fresh.
How reliable are P3 Multimorphics?

They come with coin mechs and are commercial quality machines. If you look at the pinmap, there are a couple locations with one. Maybe reach out to one of them regarding experience.

1 month later
#1030 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone know the lead time from putting down a deposit to invoice for the balance?

I also put down a deposit in November. Last I was told is June for me.

3 months later
#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The banding was holding the box to the pallet. After cutting that, the pallet is just a loose platform.

We've got this information under the main page's FAQ now. The direct link to the image is here (no login required): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kS6qtGxG4AzWkzx4yiHNqj6VjGcGvK-q/view

I just checked to make sure we didn't drop the ball, as we remain committed to processing shipments in the order that orders came in. Looks like we're on track. I see the emails we exchanged in early Sept and then the order in Nov. Happy to discuss the details in PM if you want. We'll get to yours fairly soon. Our assembly staff is growing almost weekly now.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Awesome to hear! I'm also in the November order group.

3 weeks later
#1282 1 year ago

2 weeks later
#1405 1 year ago

For anyone that has built a P3 recently, do you know if there is still a generic speaker panel available? If I own multiple play fields, I would like the cabinet to remain as neutral as possible. I was looking at the multimorphic art packages but they don't seem to cover this topic.

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine was just before Al and there is no art on the speaker panel.

That's kind of what I'm talking about. I actually prefer the old model. The new ones that I'm seeing everyone post all have weird Al on the panel. I'm wondering if they created a generic insert for the new illuminated panels.

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

My ears were burning.

Thanks for bringing this up - we need to update the website with the new images. We currently have speaker panel artwork for WAMONH, Heist, and System Core. If you want to keep 'generic' artwork on the P3, System Core looks the best, IMO. We don't currently have, but we could make a more generic one with just the logo or something to mimic the older speaker panels. We changed to artist speaker panels to dress up the presentation a bit, but having the option to look more muted makes sense. Which do you think you'd choose? A basic one with a P3 logo or the System Core one?
Here's the rest of the System Core artwork: https://www.multimorphic.com/store/artwork/p3-machine-artwork-system-core/

The new speaker panel artwork is not a magnet. It's a printed plastic that sits at the front edge of a brightness-controllable lightbox.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com
[quoted image]

I think having the individual artwork for each machine makes sense when they are on route or for people that want to keep a collection of artwork stored for use when they swap out modules.

For me personally, the P3 makes sense partially as a space saver. I can add 3+ games to my collection with the real estate of one. I don't want to store the artwork for each module. I would like to have a generic version of everything that I will see when playing (speaker panel, lower play field plastice and apron). Having hotdog plastics while playing sorcerer's apprentice kinda ruins the ambiance for me.

I like the system core artwork. However it seems to hint at a larger theme outside of the speaker panel if that makes sense. IMHO, the best option would be to have some sort of self contained P3 artwork that takes advantage of the lighted box.

I will probably order the generic P3 apron magnet that has the button identifiers.

#1415 1 year ago

Upon further thought, if system core was available as a speaker panel insert, lower play field plastics and the apron magnet, I would probably add them to keep in my P3.

2 months later
#1612 1 year ago

Just got my email from multimorphic about payment. It seems to indicate that a coin door is an add on item. If they aren't coming stock with a coin door, does anyone know what they are using on the stock machines? If you have one, would you mind posting a picture.

#1616 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure it's not coin mechs?

I think you're right. The way it was worded through me off. If you own a machine, did you add the coin mechs? I'm guessing it still comes with the connections if I wanted to add mechs to it at a later time.

#1634 1 year ago

Congratulations Gerry and Sarah!

3 weeks later
#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from Iceman:

Hi everyone. Is there a setting anywhere in the machine to use one button to control the flipper for each side? My son is having a hard time with the two button for top and lower flippers? Thanks

You have to enter the settings from within the game module. I believe it's listed under switches.

#1723 1 year ago

Can anyone post a video of the newest version of ROCs? Thinking about buying it and wanted to hear the soundtrack first. The most recent video I can find is from 2018.

Also, for downloads, does anyone know the turnaround time. I would be buying it for an event this weekend and curious if it would be processed by then.

#1725 1 year ago

You convinced me... Thanks

#1726 1 year ago

Already have it downloaded. Wasn't expecting it to happen that fast! Thanks Multimorphic team!

1 month later
#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Delivery Question: Will they drop it in the garage?
My Weird Al and P3 has made it to the local ASBF terminal. I have not gotten the call for final delivery, but it could be as early as tomorrow. For those of you who have gotten these, did they drop it off at the curb or would they drop it off in the garage. I only ask because if my wife is there she can't bring it inside. I know they won't take it up stairs into a house, but just a street level garage.
Thanks and can't wait!

Mine was placed in the garage. However, that might be dependent on the driver and the location of the garage.

2 months later
#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I *REALLY* hope Multimorphic has software-only re-themes as part of their business plan going forward! It's amazing how different CCR and SA feel, even though they use the same playfield.
I like Heist a lot, but I'd love to see something else full-featured on it. I think something like a modern-day version of Bally's WhoDunnit would be cool on this playfield. Something that randomized the who, what, where, how of crimes and you had to solve them as part of the playing strategy would be cool and fits within the cityscape (complete with jail once you convict the right suspect). WhoDunnit was a cool idea, but I didn't love the playfield, and the "mysteries" were the same things every time. This platform could bring you into something that was different every game, and required a lot of strategy and critical thinking on top of the pinball playing.
I'm sure Weird Al sold enough on its own, but I'd love to see another theme on that playfield too. Lots of cool stuff on that module, I hate that I don't love the theme.

That's an awesome idea! Heist is such an awesome game/module that it needs more love. I'm kind of critical of Licensed P3 modules because I think it limits the potential of rethemes.

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from lepstein:

Is there a forum for people buying/selling P3 base machines or modules?

You're on it. They don't come up for sale very often.

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think you get 1 free cabinet artwork pack of your choice when you order the system. But without any art at all it would look, well, black.

The sections of the cabinet under the art on mine look like stainless steel.

1 week later
#2435 1 year ago

I have ROCs and it works with both the Al and Heist modules. So, I'm guessing that sataneatscheese is correct in that it's associated with the base and not the modules.

4 weeks later
#2649 11 months ago

Question about Lexy Lightspeed gameplay: when does the mini display on the module become active? I've played a couple games and it only displays a black screen with the multimorphic logo. I haven't played Lexy in a couple years but I thought that screen played an active role. Is mine acting normal? If not, any ideas on a solution?

#2652 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Network cable plugged in properly in the back of the module? If yes then:
Known issue. Go on MM support site and download the OS update and update via USB. Can”t be done over wifi. It does not erase or reset anything. Don’t worry that the update is dated 2020. There was an issue with some OS files in recently shipped P3s. Also causes issues with Cannon Lagoon where it’s display won't work either.

Thanks, I'll give those a try tomorrow.

#2655 11 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Network cable plugged in properly in the back of the module? If yes then:
Known issue. Go on MM support site and download the OS update and update via USB. Can”t be done over wifi. It does not erase or reset anything. Don’t worry that the update is dated 2020. There was an issue with some OS files in recently shipped P3s. Also causes issues with Cannon Lagoon where it’s display won't work either.

I checked all 4 connector points for the RJ-45, the SD card is seated well, the USB is connected and the switch is in the on position. No luck. I'm having trouble finding the os update. I guess I should just put in a ticket.

#2656 11 months ago

Haven't fixed it yet, but multimorphic replied to my ticket with in 30 minutes. On a Friday night, it's not something I would expect. Service alone makes these guys stand out.

3 weeks later
#2725 11 months ago

I swear every time I touch the P3 something breaks. Today the glass exploded while removing it. I really like Weird Al but it is really hard to like this machine when every time you touch it something breaks.
Anyone know what size glass this thing takes.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It should just be a standard size piece of glass. Shit happens.

1 month later
#2809 9 months ago

Cosmic Cart Racing sold within 12 hours of listing, with 4 "email me if they back out" buyers when listed at $2200. For shipping quote purposes it was 23x23x20 inches in the supplied box, and 40 pounds. It cost $129.24 to send it from Maryland to Ohio with 2 day shipping via Fedex with $2000 in insurance. If you have modules you are no longer playing, they seem fairly easy to sell since you can sell nation wide instead of locally without huge shipping headaches. If there are issues when it arrives at the destination I'll update the thread but I packed that thing solid and dropped it off at the distribution center.
[quoted image]
As an aside, I won't ship it as it came with my machine and I don't have special boxes, but if anyone is interested in my Weird Al LE package in the Maryland area I'd let it go for $1500. I love the game, but prefer the blue "sytem core" artwork and the Weird Al topper with other modules bugs me. I'd also need to switch out a few plastics with the generic ones if you want my Weird Al ones.
Thanks

I also prefer the generic plastics. Curious to see what you do with the larger side playfield plastics.

6 months later
#3337 3 months ago

I can't remember who it was, but someone in one of these P3 threads said they never bought one because they didn't like the way the upper flippers were hidden. So shout out to whoever that was for inspiring me.

I've noticed that when I don't play my P3 for a while that I lose the muscle memory of those upper flippers.

I decided to mod mine so that I can easily see them and I'm really happy with the result.

There aren't a lot of P3 mods, so I figured that I would share. Here is what it looks like now.

IMG_20240108_151602003.jpgIMG_20240108_151602003.jpgIMG_20240108_151635857_HDR.jpgIMG_20240108_151635857_HDR.jpg
#3339 3 months ago

The original pieces are metal. I didn't have any extra sheet metal laying around so I just used a thin piece of plastic. I basically traced the original and the cut them back at the top to expose the flippers.

It's really easy to remove and install them with the track system.

The originals seem to just have a cosmetic purpose of concealing the coils so I'm thinking my plastic should hold up fine.

IMG_20240108_145922096.jpgIMG_20240108_145922096.jpgIMG_20240108_150728891_HDR.jpgIMG_20240108_150728891_HDR.jpg
#3341 3 months ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Probably stand out even more if you changed the flipper rubbers to red or yellow.

That's also a good idea.

#3361 3 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

This was my experience as well. The actual module isn't fun to shoot. I know everyone says to get the add on games but I wish they had a free trial to test it out. I hate dropping $200 if the game sucks and there's nowhere to try it out.

For a pinball game, $200 isn't a lot. But compared to other software based games, like a full PC game, it's a huge amount. I've thought about trying out the Bird watcher game but I'm not committed enough to spend the money. It would be nice if Multimorphic offered some sort of one-time 48 hour trial period for customers. If I knew bird watcher was as good as rocs, I'd buy it. I don't have the opportunity to play it in the wild to find out.

3 weeks later
#3456 73 days ago

Regarding commitment to the customer and quality improvement, this goes miles above and beyond what I have seen from any other pinball manufacturer.

I can't argue with some of the criticisms that people have for not liking the P3. It is different than a regular pinball machine. Not everyone is going to like it. That's kind of the point.

However, some of the recent concerns I've seen posted about quality have really left me confused. I've owned mine with 3 modules for close to 2 years. I have never had any significant concerns about quality. It's pinball, things break and you fix them. I've owned a significant number of games and bought NIB from several other manufacturers. The P3 seems like an engineering marvel to me (at least as far as pinball is concerned).

The idea that they are proactively taking care of customers regardless of warranty has renewed my support for these guys. This is impressive.

#3463 72 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

kudos. but I wish the new protectors. came in upper flipper visible and not versions, since most of us never change ours, and pick one we like forever. regardless of which playfield is in.

It looks like the middle one has a cut out for the flippers.

2 weeks later
#3500 58 days ago

gstellenberg
A question on your recent excellent update on the quality improvements you are making to the P3 system.
You specifically mentioned,
"- The ATX power supply we use in our backbox is being upgraded to a highly rated, Gold-certified ATX supply. All P3 owners will receive the updated supply for free."
I know there were difficulties getting all of the flippers to power off of one button push with enough power using the old power supplies. Is it anticipated that this change will allow one button push to power 5 flippers (like on weird al) at once? In other words, does this power supply crank out a little more juice?
Thanks for making things better!

The upper flipper of weird al still requires use of the white button on the left. It's a good question. I was wondering the same thing.

#3502 58 days ago

Curious what issue it's correcting. I don't recall seeing anything on here about issues with that power supply.

#3503 58 days ago

Answered my own question by searching for ATX in this thread. Like Zitt pointed out, the ATX shouldn't have an impact on flippers. However, there is at least one report (post #3143) where replacing the ATX had a noticeable impact.

1 week later
#3560 48 days ago

Those look nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
11,500 (OBO)
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
11,999 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kwaheltrut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=kwaheltrut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.