AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg
20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (6 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (5 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (5 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 6 years ago

Congrats... I very patiently wait for Run#2.
I'm glad as I still need to find a place in the arcade. Something's gotta go... maybe that Voyager Gun-game.
Need to fix it first tho.

6 months later
2 weeks later
#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

but by the time you get to the middle, there's a noticeable dip in the playfield.

Sorry; PF doesn't make any since in this design.
Is the Polycarbonate over the monitor sagging or the wood of the upper module?

#133 5 years ago

Yeah... ++1000 to Gerry for coming in and interacting in this thread.
Stern and JJP don't do it... because, well, they think they are better than their customers and apparently we don't deserve attention to problems.

As long as Multimorphic is open and direct with the customer here... they'll have a life long customer here.

Once again; thanks for your open responses here.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Come on, that's not why they aren't here and you know it. Cheap shot.

Oh? Really? Do tell.
On second thought... Let's not make this another us vs them argument.

3 weeks later
#204 5 years ago

Word has it that my P3 has started pre-assembly and should be done in 3-4 weeks.
No hurry here; I'm still not sure where I'm going to put it.
Anyone wanna come out and help me move a Star Trek Voyager Gun Game (upright)?
Half kidding... The gun game needs a monitor repair... but it's unlikely I'll fix it before Lexy is here.

Anyway; soon - I expect to be distracted by this game for a while... I should also unpack STMU, STLE, and STNG from TPF'18.

5 months later
#287 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

My plan was to be first on the list, but Gerry says that honor is already taken.

I was second in line for the LCD list. I don't know who got first dibs.

#289 5 years ago

The only thing I noticed...
When I'm in ?warehouse mode? and trigger CritterCraze... then the mode times out and "exits" appear; the crittercraze ends.
Maybe that's on purpose; but It was kind of anti-climatic.

#292 5 years ago

Ok... how about this...
I lit Lights out multiball... then unceremoniously drained within seconds of lighting it - IE I didn't collect it.
When I came back with a new ball; Lights Out multiball was no longer lit but it was still the the "search" mode like you cleared it.
That doesn't seem right to me.

2 months later
#304 5 years ago

Took delivery of my BackBox LCD this weekend... it was delayed because I was out of town just after Christmas; so I couldn't pick it up locally.
Installation was quite easy, looking forward to some quality time with it on the CCR game when I can afford it. The stock market rollercoaster is keeping my cash flow below expectations.

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Two new games are shipping (CCR, and Grand Slam Rally) along with the back box display.

To clarify. CCR is a new PF module; shipping required. PF would have to be built.
GSR is an electronic download after purchase in their store. Uses an existing PF (Cannon Lagoon)... so if you have CL; you can buy GSR for only ?$400? and then put it on your machine. If you don't have the CL module; you'll have to buy it (the module) and the GSR game.

3 months later
#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

No 2 player mode in GSR at this point.

Sounds like a job for @86pixels … I forget his Pinside name.
I'd actually welcome this addition. Kinda needed for on-location play.

#347 4 years ago

Or maybe a team tourney mode... where each player gets a time at "bat".

1 week later
#366 4 years ago

So, I visited the Multimorphic world headquarters mid week last week. I got to see their manufacturing line and watched the 3d printers make music in the form of parts for LLEE. My real purpose was to pick up some parts that were accidentally left there after TPF in March. I asked where Gerry's cot was in the building; he didn't confirm or deny there was one.

I'm sworn to secrecy but got to see a very early geometry-setup of game what I assume is game#4. It was good to see them actively working on the next game. This game has some new mechs which I can't talk about but think people will like. I understood part of the game theme; but no concept of objective or game title. I'm guessing there would be a reveal for TPF in March; but only a guess given they are still getting the geometry ready. Another guess would be an unlicensed theme - given what Gerry has said repeatedly in his seminars but that's only an educated guess.

I know there isn't a lot of info in the thread; but did think the next game looks to continue the innovation ramp and fulfill some of the promises he's given in the past w/ regards to standard pinball mechs.

3 months later
#419 4 years ago

Or file a support ticket on their website:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 months later
#428 4 years ago

So, you want an advanced announcement of an announcement of a future title?
I thought we as a community frowned upon that. ;D

Gerry has top men working on it... Top Men!

Are we talking about Pinball soon, or Real Life soon?
Because Pinball Soon apparently is 4-6years.

#430 4 years ago

From Houston:

P_20191116_144842 (resized).jpgP_20191116_144842 (resized).jpg
#433 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I haven't won yet, but the sun was in my eyes.

That room had no windows!
Was it the lamp light from the Marco booth?
Or the Flash lamps from my Stern Star Trek LE next too it?

2 weeks later
#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Congrats. If you don't have the baseball I recommend it. Wish you could play it 2 players at once but it is still fun taking turns against friends .

I thought so too... And mentioned it to @86pixels at HAAG this November. He seemed to be open to improvements to Grand Slam Rally … but like anything it's a ROI vs his day job thing.

So; If you have ideas for improvement to GSR... maybe create a thread here in the multimorphic section and maybe he'll find some time to work on it … eventually. The game is already reasonably priced IMHO; so I'd consider a small "upgrade fee" if necessary to get more functionality from GSR.

1 month later
#469 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

What are you guys cleaning your playfield (lower part) with?

It's lexan; basically, anything.
Realistically; just some windex advanced and a micro cloth to minimize additional scratching.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Anyone here any rumors about when the new playfield is coming out??

See post 366. Marchis just around the corner.

1 month later
#480 4 years ago

Posted by Titan pinballEric Smith.... unsure how he got the video.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

It's on Eric Smith's page, not Titan Pinball

True. Valid point. It was on his personal "wall". Not on the company wall.
Litterlly; the video is a short one... carving out the arrow insert on what is suggested to be a new game.

1 month later
#524 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

who distributes Multimorphic machines?

I'm about 90% sure you can order direct thru multimorphic too.
That's how I got mine.

1 month later
#533 3 years ago

Stock market is improving... which is good.
I need to see if I can set a new limit order so I can get Heist soon to add to Multimorphic's backlog.

9 months later
#579 3 years ago

Honestly; I think everybody but that hack gstellenberg can't get a decent score on any of these P3 games. I've often accuse him of hacking the games... then I remember I watched him kick the sh*t out of AFM's "Rule The Universe" and I just walked away in awe.
That said; I'm very bad... so bad that Multimorphic threatened to name the "pity bonus" after me.

#602 3 years ago

I still use the original cardboard boxes... That said, I thought Multimorphic would have a solution by now.

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

At this stage in the game, I'd far prefer MM to work on bugs and game enhancements than storing of the PFs

I disagree.
The software team doesn't need to be involved with the mechanical team.
I'm 90% sure the mechanical team is already working on the next game... but it isn't hard to break off and go work on a mechanical solution to module storage.

That said; I consider several on the Multimorphic team friends... so I may just be confusing my thoughts with conversations of the past... which may or may not have been under NDA.

About the time a 3rd party solution comes out; they'll announce something official.

#613 3 years ago

I'd want a under game storage option for starters. Rack is a nice to have when out grown

1 week later
#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What *can't* bingopodcast do? That is the question.

I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere; but I don't know him well enough yet.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You guys are killing me.. Now I feel like I should get Lexy

DOOOOO it!

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Multimorphic P3-ROC on my Cosmic Carnival, I'd appreciate it!

Contact the MFG of Cosmic Carnival... They own customer support.
(Edit: self censor; stay positive)

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

The manufacturer went out of business.

Then why ask Multimorphic?
i wouldn't ask ARM to debug a Stern CPU board if they went out of business.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're unable or unwilling to help then keep quiet.

Look, dad... Thanks for your opinion.
This isn't a multimorphic problem. The fact that you think it is ... Is a problem.
Don't tell me what to do, Pops.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Seriously, what is your issue? Geez! T

Let me spell it out since you guys can't seem to get it.
I have SERIOUS issues with this whole situation and don't' appreciate you guys calling me out like I'm being unreasonable.

First and foremost; this isn't a Multimorphic product... IT's a suncoast pinball problem.
It's not multimorphic's problem to resolve. It's not MM's responsibility to pick up the technical support for a failed company.
The person who made the request effectively came into a MM support thread effectively calling out the company expecting support.
That's wrong. Period.

If he wanted support from the community; he needed to keep it where it was in the cosmetic carnival thread. Instead he thought it was perfectly acceptable to come into an unrelated company and ask for support just because he thought he was entitled. Instead he was hoping to get support from someone who doesn't owe him a damn thing.

Now this part; I don't get... Suncoast never shipped official retail ... or maybe they did. So; Perhaps this guy effectively got a prototype unflippable machine for dirt cheap... and now expect a supplier to somehow make an exception for him and help him get the game functional - probably for free without Multimorphic reaping any benefit. MM isn't running a charity.

If any of you think this is "fair / ok" behavior... then well; wow.
Compy was already helping him as a "nice guy" in the thread... but since I know Compy as a personal friend; he would have done that anyway. It isn't cool tho to come into a "support" thread and expect it. It's wrong and if you don't see that - then you are part of the problem with the country these days. A sense of entitlement... Jeeze.

It's one thing to get help from the community or from specific people in an unofficial manner... but it's something completely different to effectively put Multimorphic in a no win scenario ... either they don't provide support and look bad... or they do and waste resources on a game they didn't produce. Suncoast bought a single board... probably at wholesale... and that "right of service" did not transfer to the end customer. It ended at Suncoast.

So; tell me to be quiet like that again!

Quoted from boagman:

If the OS was developed by Multimorphic,

That's a big IF. Do you have insider knowledge that MM helpped Suncoast. No... didn't think so.
Again; that right you speak of doesn't exist. It ended when Suncoast closed the doors.
Strong arming Multimorphic to provide support here... even asking, is the beginning of the end. Do you want MM to leave Pinside like all the others before them? Stern doesn't support publicly like this ... JJP took it to their own forums where they can censor it. So now; you want to chase MM off Pinside by supporting this entitled behavior?!

So If that wasn't the intention of the poster - then maybe he should apologize or clarify his intent. IF so; I'll back off my soap box that you guys put the spot light on.

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

If you don't think so, then ask yourself why everyone else seems to understand my intentions except you?

Classic deflection tactic. Did it ever occur to you that maybe people read you words and actions differently? I very much DID READ your "help" as calling Multimorphic out. I know if I was multimorphic; I would have exactly perceived your request as a direct request for support. I personally wouldn't want to be in that position... even if you didn't intend it.

Maybe perhaps; you might want to rethink how you tackle problems. Maybe post your own thread in general tech help instead of posting in a multimorphic thread.
You are damn lucky Compy has stepped up to help you. Count your blessings.

That said; maybe I did blow this out of proportion... but to have that one dude telling me to "be quiet" was disrespectful. It's good that he's hiding behind a keyboard.

#716 3 years ago

I'm done arguing... Why? Because one dude tells me to shut the duck up... And I get moderated.
I get accused of calling people names when in fact I made it a point of not doing that ... Unless elitist is a name.

I better stop there because you know... The mods have spoken

6 months later
#872 2 years ago

Got my CCR + SA on order.
Hope to pick it up in a few days just in time for Halloween.

#880 2 years ago

Word is CCR+SA will be ready for me ... but I won't be able to pick it up until Friday.
Looks like a Mulimorphic weekend for me. :jazzhands:

1 month later
#960 2 years ago

I'm sure they'll announce when they are ready.

Last thing we want us a paper launch like Haggis' Fathom 2.0

1 month later
#977 2 years ago

They are defiantly commercial machines... They did a stint in a Dave and Busters before Covid hit.

1 week later
#981 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Any bets or guesses on new licensed theme being announced here soon?

Multimorphic will announce when it's ready to be announced.
I know for a fact; the supply chain is having an impact on the announcement. Everyone is dealing with this; even my small business.
So; feel free to guess - but let's not try to pressure a premature announcment.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

When I order it will be between Heist or the new license ... maybe by this summer I’ll be able to place my order.

Summer will be well after Heist and licensed title. Heist is now two years old. I'm 100% positive the entire Multimorphic team is working hard to get the licensed title ready for announcement. They want a refresh. I guessed earlier we'd know something by TPF'22... was told that was way late... but seems to be the trend now because of the supply line issues.

I know they want a title that increases the number of games by a substantial margin. Listening to countless talks of Gerry over the last ?decade?; his dream of having 1000s of games out there is the key to his vision.

So; by summer - I'd think you'd be fairly deep in the production queue. Just be prepared to wait several months esp if you don't already have the P3 machine. If you really want a game by summer; you might want to talk to Multimorphic about securing a spot in line now. Licensed titles seem to cause long production times. The only mfgr that can build 1000s of machines fast is Stern. Even JJP hasn't cleared the GnR backlog; and it's been two years since "announced".

If you look at the cadence:
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine?query=&manufacturer[]=143#results
at best they've done one game a year... Heist was two years from CCR. And this licensed title is now nearing two years from Heist. I'd love to see them get to a game every 6 months; but think there is still a bunch of work to get to a cadence of once a year. I'm betting Colin and Bowen getting hired is an attempt to increase the development team to increase titles and ideas.

I've already said too much... but I'm just excited to see what the team has come up with. More importantly I'd love to see the team get the recognition they deserve. P3 really is a great piece of engineering.

#997 2 years ago

Can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

I only hear good things about heist... But it's clear that everyone can't be happy

4 weeks later
#1037 2 years ago

I'm staying in the original coil assembly for now. I see no rush to change to the servo in my model.

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from wireable:

Just wondering what the process of getting these games inside of Australia is?

I know for a fact there are at least two P3s in Australia so it's not impossible.
If you are serious about a purchase; it's time to talk to Multimorphic.
I'm positive you will have to pay import duties and whatever is required for importation.
What I'm not sure about is if you pay that directly to your customs agent or you pay MM and they pass it to your country.

#1051 2 years ago

Spare parts are not an issue any more than any modern game

#1067 2 years ago

Backbox lcd is optional and an upgrade. So translites still make sense.

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

I was thinking more what high wear/commonly broken parts
should we have on hand to keep it working with minimal down down time

For on location play or home play?
Ah https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/21#post-6798211
umm... sorry; I don't have hands on experience to share for location based P3s.
I'd say you'd probably want at least one lower flipper mech and the associated parts to repair one.
If Weird Al; you're probably going to want parts to repair both upper flipper mechs too.
Outside of that; normal pinball parts is probably all you need.

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

is that possible after restarting my computer!

Yes. The build occurs on a server. Not your machine.
Patient is the key

3 months later
#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Even a generic artwork of some sort would have been nice.

Its the way the machine was designed. Side art is swappable. It's not an oversight to not have art in the front.
I don't believe the front of the machine has ever been magnetic. Only the sides.

Don't like it; design you own art to fit on the front of the machine and print a decal to cover it. But then again; why would a multi-game platform need art on three sides?

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Also, is there shaker support?

No. Has never been a feature of a P3 game.

Maybe a future add on; but Multimorphic has never indicated a shaker was in the plan.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just have to fix that wood chip and I’m golden !

If you have the chip; glue it then apply black paint to hide the seam.
Else; use black paint pen to cover the chipped area.

As far as leveling go; this machine is different than ?every? other game made. The legs do not start with the levelers all the way out in the back and the front all the way in to get 7degrees. You need to have the leg levelers at the same height; then adjust the playfield for level in the left to right and whatever the manual says for front to back. I'm assuming 6.5 degrees front to back; but that's only an assumption.

3 weeks later
#1288 1 year ago

go to home depot and hire a day labourer to move it.

1 week later
#1332 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Is there a possibility of another company making a module for the P3 other than Multimorphic?

This has been talked about repeatedly in Gerry's talks at various shows.
Yes, it is possible and will likely happen. The issue is "Drained" is probably the first to blaze this trail.
Obviously, Multimorphic needs to "approve" each design before it's allowed interface to customer systems to avoid damaging said systems.

John

#1339 1 year ago
Quoted from AllBallBearings:

Don't video game companies already do this?

What I think he means is he doesn't see the current "arsehats" like Stern, JJP, CCG developing modules/games as it takes away from the games they sell. IE they would rather ship you a 13K LE... than ship you a 3K module of which they may only get 1k profit or less. ...and the last thing these volume leaders want is to give "props" to Multimorphic in designing the ideal pinball machine. It basically "proves" they wouldn't design anything better.

It's exactly like "Tier 1" titles like Halo will never appear on their competing consoles. Mario will never appear on XBOX or PlayStation.

#1352 1 year ago

Scott did sound effects for Al. Not the music

#1363 1 year ago

That 5% "deal" isn't official or documented.
I personally wouldn't hold out hope it still being valid.
I also think its kinda rude to keep posting about it as it sounds like a deal that was extended to you as a favour. Not a deal they want known to the public

#1379 1 year ago

Now would be the time to lock in any game purchases for the P3

#1391 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Unless they are stacking the addressable light strips 2 or 3 strips deep in the speaker holes

How about let's not make assumptions what they are doing.
Do you really think Multimorphic is exaggerating the number of LEDs they are using?
I think not.

#1395 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Even with it using the higher density light strips and if that does make a visible difference.....I don't see anything there that justifies a $200 price. The same could pretty much be said for most factory add-ons.

Do you own a P3?
I've seen this speaker panel... its more complex than most of the products out there including the light strip kits you sell.
I'm not going to argue with you with regards to value add. Don't like it, don't buy it. Really pretty simple.

Honestly; though, your comments read to me like you see Multimorphic taking away your business because they've added this as a kit to their machine as stock from the factory... complete with integrated light shows. But maybe I'm just being overly defensive.

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

do you know if there is still a generic speaker panel available?

I think the panel is intended to be swapped like the cabinet art. I'd wager that Multimorphic hasn't been able to create additional art assets yet.
Ofcourse; I'm sure gstellenberg will make an appearance soon enough to answer that question.

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

base platform launch at $8300?

Idk. I seem to recall near 10k but that was with two pf modules. Lexy and it's mini games, and cannon lagoon

1 month later
#1566 1 year ago

Goes to show that some companies value your business... While others have the "my toys, your privilege attitude "

4 weeks later
#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

I was wondering how the P3 keeps track of the number of balls in play.

Maybe they don't have to?
Maybe they count the number of times the ball is ejected and know by injection how many are suppose to be in play?

#1633 1 year ago

It's a great year for Sara and Gerry, couldn't be happier for them. Best of luck in the coming days!

1 week later
#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder if the next two games coming are licensed games or not? ANy mention of that?

Only the P3 team knows for sure. I'm sure Gerry's update specifically didn't say on purpose because they can't talk about a license until the license is approved by the licensor.

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

am now locked into the P3 ecosystem

"we all bundle"
muahhahhah

#1662 1 year ago

While you hope; I'm convinced that won't be the case.
Why? Look at every other pinball manufacturer.
We *KNOW* licenses sell machines.
I don't care how many of us claim we like unlicensed games... the proof is in the market. Far more people buy licenses; not "unknowns".

American Pinball did unlicensed game or two.. but quickly realized that licensed titles sell in larger quantities than their unlicensed counterparts.
Spooky did one game as a unlicensed pin; then quickly moved to licensed pins.
Stern hasn't done a unlicensed title since they inherited the name.
Jerky Jack hasn't done... nevermind; did one unlicensed title... and they'll never look back/reconsider. you can't ask $15k for a unlicenced turd like Dialed In.

Multimorphic did 4 unlicensed titles as a crawl, walk, jog kind of ramp... they got swamped with Wamoh orders as their first licensed title.
So; the ship has sailed - IMHO. Do I think Multimorphic will continue doing an occasional unlicensed title... possibly. But there will far more licensed titles since they sell far more than unlicensed titles.

My personal favorite title from Multimorphic continues to be Sorcerer's Apprentice ... an unlicensed title. Weird Al is a close second. That said; I do enjoy the immersive world under glass that WeirdAl provides and it may become my favorite as I play it more.

#1675 1 year ago

You verified both the power and dvi connections were good on both the monitor and in the back box?

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from tjw998:

The one with the [R] plugs into [J11] on that nearby PD-LED pcb and the one without the [R] plugs into [J7].

Pretty sure this poster here is TJ from Multimorphic; so I'd trust what he says.

#1687 1 year ago

adding two flippers is barely a change?
prove all the other vendors are have done better over their last 5 games.

#1693 1 year ago

Opinions are like buttholes... everyone has one.

I for one am not disappointed. But you're entitled to your opinion.
I'm ok with everything they've done to date. no complaints at all.

3 weeks later
#1733 1 year ago

After the holidays; I'm going to have to invite myself over to Multimorphic and try to play #Drained ... assuming they have a P3 setup with the module at the time.
bingopodcast makes difficult but unique games ... with the current economy... I'm just not sure I can part with a 2k down payment right now given my Day job just "postponed" all bonuses until mid-2023. :Grrrrrr:

Combine that with "cost cutting" and a overall sh1tty stock price... just not sure when things will be looking up.

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I assume I should follow the white, gray and black wires somewhere but do not know what to do next. I assume take out play field and lift up game to second service position leaning against back box? Or do I need to remove display first?

that's what I'd do. There are both a left and a right upper flipper install document in the support area (requires login) which I had to use to install mine on my original P3.
I'd use that document to trace the wire harness thru the system to the final board(s) for checkout. If all the connectors are plugged in; it'd be time to check fuses. I think there is a fuse document somewhere.

2 weeks later
#1798 1 year ago

I don't think anyone stocks play field modules yet. Classic chicken vs egg scenario. You need to order direct from multimorphic and wait for your place in line

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

This is new one- any ideas what happened/how to fix?

What event occurred before this?
Part of me wants to say software; power cycle game.
The other part of me wants to say loose display cables as suggested. Remove and reseat each end of the display cable.
Else; ticket for multimorphic crew.

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

. It’s just not meant to be when you spend all your time trying to fix something that was no fault of my own. No biggee…moving on from it.

Then your getting out of the hobby all together?
Seems like a really weird stance and every other manufacturer is going to have the same issue with out going quality having to be fixed by the end user

#1851 1 year ago

Gerry told me it was my little pony not smurfs. (as long as we are passing around unfounded rumors)

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

My almost 3 year old would like to put in a vote for Bluey

Gerry has 3 years to do that title.
Besides; we don't want another best seller like "Shrek" do we?

2 weeks later
#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Cosmic Cart Racing can't be beat for sheer variety - CCR has arcade, online, and career modes, and add-ons including Sorcerer's Apprentice and Ranger In the Ruins. Fun, fast, flowy playfield with a huge volume of LEDs.

This.
Sorcerer's Apprentice is a masterpiece IMHO. Very underrated.
Ranger In The Ruins is fun at a party because of the extremely short game times. Very popular at 2021's Houston Arcade Expo.

#1983 1 year ago

Hf sells moving blankets too... And ratchet straps... And lift tables. Everything a growing pinhead needs

1 week later
#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

not sure how important that is right now (for me), but it does make me second guess my core artwork. I never stopped to think about the game instructions being on the apron or sling and plastic art. It'd be nice to have cutouts on the Core artwork so you simply add the game instructions to the existing apron. Food for thought!

Honestly; I put Lexy art on my game back when I first got it. I've run all that art on my game since day one.
When I got AL; It was the first time I had sling or side art... I went ahead and put that art on my game; but still run Lexy on the sides/heads.
Eventually; I might get the Core art work... but Not rush here because I play games... not art.

Quoted from Shaker:

BTW: I think Gerry was serious when he told me that I was the only one buying new modules who has not upgraded to have a back box display.

Probably true.
I was an early adopter and got the BB display soon after it was available. For me translites (unless special, signed) aren't critical.
TBH; really, I bought an LE because I like to support Multimorphic financially... Assume I get over this layoff problem; I'll be right there in day one for LE versions of the next two games when they are annouced.

#2031 1 year ago

I doubt the next title is unlicensed.
Once you go licensed with the afore mentioned orders... You don't go back.

I'm sure there will be unlicensed titles at some point... But not the next title

#2039 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Gerry already announce that there would be 2 releases in 2023, one licensed, one original? T

I remember him saying two titles... but don't specifically remember him stating a 50/50 split.
" The Company plans to release two new full-featured P3 modules in 2023.
" -- https://www.knapparcade.org/post/multimorphic-pinball-plans-to-release-two-new-games-in-2023

Google didn't elaborate during my searches.
I'm mean it's certainly POSSIBLE that the next title will be original... but I'm leaning toward no.
I'd also say that March is coming soon enough... but; haven't heard any rumors about an announcement by then.
I'd think they'd be head down with the new baby and the backlog - but would love to be surprised.

#2061 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

I'm not sure I understand the strategy to announce two new titles this year when they are struggling with the backlog on Weird Al

I'm not sure I understand the desire for them not to announce two PF modules. Look at the line for toy story or Scooby Doo... Why should MM be any different?

Sorry guys, the backlog is here to stay. For long term grown of the platform, I hope the backlog never gets shorter than 6mo

3 weeks later
#2143 1 year ago

I'm not in for a second game module... mainly because I have no room and no funds. Hella jealous of you other jerks tho.
Maybe I'll change my toon in the future. Never say never.

Confirmed:

#2168 1 year ago

Why is this odd?
Does stern not take full price for the machine when you buy?
I seem to recall that I paid IN FULL for my star trek LE at "pre order".

I don't see ANY PROBLEM with Multimorphic demanding full price for the modules at time of order. This is industry standard.

#2175 1 year ago

13k for a machine vs 3000 for a module.
That's the reason. So you think you should pay a 250 deposit for a module... Then the balance at manufacturing start? I guess I see that... But it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'd agree with the other post that a deposit doesn't cover the "pain" for multimorphic needing to find a new buyer.

maybe a pro machine doesn't require a payment in full; but my experience is an LE does require a payment in full.

1 week later
#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

I think this may change by next year when there will be plenty of modules to choose from.

I predict; nope.
It hasn't happened yet... even with Pin2k... how often did you get a RFM or SW kit come up for sale?
I have some modules I never really play; that doesn't mean I'm tempted to sell.
Maybe one day in the distant future; you'll be able to buy modules second hand ... but I don't think we are anywhere near that.

1 week later
#2256 1 year ago

My ranking for Multimophic titles:
Weird Al
Final Resistance (assumed until TPF)
Sorcer's Apprentice (CCR)
Heist
Lexy
Cosmic Cart Racing
Cannon Lagoon

Third party titles not ranked.

#2293 1 year ago

Sherlock? Humm... Bet Robert Downey would disagree. Copyrights are mine fields

#2295 1 year ago

Sound like a job for tech support ticket on multimorphic.com.

1 week later
#2388 1 year ago

Id like to add I haven't had any issues with any of my games. Ever. Any issues have been user error

As far as technical support at multimorphic... I'm hate to be you when you try to contact another manufacturer for support. I never got adequate support from Stern:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-opto-amplifier-520-5239-01-schematic

#2425 1 year ago

Gerry has been upfront that he considers the build queue to remain consistent from here on out. I suspect it has to due with the pipeline of games he has in the development phase. Two this year... who known next year. Three? Four? 10?
At this point; if you are considering a P3 - the best time to get in is now... because time flies and you'll have to come up with 11k sooner than you anticipate.

Quoted from chillme:

It will still be faster then CGC and my CCrLE, along with 1000% better communications.

yeah; with the lines I saw at Pulp Fiction... I think those poor guys are going to be waiting JJP lengths of time to get their machines.

#2428 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I would consider that if it wasn't Weird Al. I'm really only interested in FR or Heist.

buy it; put Weird Al module for sale on market place - AFTER getting FR or Heist.

1 week later
#2480 11 months ago
Quoted from boagman:

I *do* expect my brand new machine to be plug in, set up, and start playing, more or less. Within reason, that needs to be what they're providing.

While I understand your expectation; you must not be in the hobby long.
Rarely does ANY game come 100% working; All require adjustments and maybe some parts from the vendor to get to 100%.
Doesn't make it right; but your expectations seem a little skewed from reality. Maybe this isn't the hobby for you.

#2519 11 months ago

Why would anyone care what the production numbers are?
What possible reason could anyone have for wanting to know those numbers?

Too low... people think weird thoughts.
Too high... people think the company needs a take over.

Just a weird question which is quiet simply none of your business.

#2524 11 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Nice to meet you, too.

You present yourself as a very pleasant individual

Please go to the Stern, jjp, spooky, etc threads and ask the same thing. Seriously, none of your business and I honestly find it rude to think your entitled to that information.

#2529 11 months ago

Asking trade secret information from a business is rude. Pretty simple really

#2539 11 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Oh no!!!! Top secret info!! How rude of Pinball News to report on this!! Someone call Multimorphic quick and tell them to lock their doors!

Are you mental?
No where in that article did they quote production numbers or talk about the things you wanted to know in your OP. IE

approximately how many p3 base systems are built per year

That's ok; you guys go right on ahead and ask questions to which you have no business asking... and I'm sure you'll get the responses you're looking for. :rolleyes:

2 weeks later
#2661 11 months ago

Wow. I've never had that. Wonder where they came from.

#2678 11 months ago

I wouldn't mod any PSU with a different fan. Those fans are speced for CFM and pressure at certain RPMs by the OEM for specific conditions.
Replacing a PSU fan will certainly void the warranty of that PSU. Then if the PSU overvolts and burns out boards attached... then you've voided the warranty of those boards.
I wouldn't want to risk it as Multimorphic would be within their right to request the PSU in advance before replacing it or any other boards.

Unless your are a thermal engineer with experience; and can afford the expense of fixing your system - don't do it.

1 week later
#2699 10 months ago

Sa is indeed a top game and us better then ccr imho.

#2706 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

no idea what I’m doing.

"Clearly the academy has sent an ..."

1 week later
#2730 10 months ago

Yes. Standard size glass

Quoted from arcyallen:

Is this what's to be expected for P3 ownership? Or do many of you have units that will go hundreds of games between issues (like most modern pins I've owned)?

I've had mine new since first production run. I haven't done a single thing to mine except install upgrades (flipper, monitor), install software updates, and install modules to play different games. No issues what so ever.

I've had more trouble with my Stern Star trek than the P3.

#2741 10 months ago

Yeah; the P3 glass is high quality. Ground round on all 4 sides and low iron component as well. Not "invisaglass" quality but def a class above standard cheap glass.
Too bad you don't drive to TPF'24 ... because Multimorphic has sold glass at that show.

#2749 10 months ago

On your upper display; can you borrow an LCD from your computer and plug it into the same connector as the "Defective" one?
IE to eliminate the P3 Display as defective? IF it doesn't reproduce on a computer LCD - then I'd say the monitor is defective.
If it does reproduce; it's more likely the video card on the P3 motherboard.

Have you checked to make sure the AC power going into the P3 display is rock solid / firmly attached? Check to make sure when the display fails - that the AC voltage that the monitor plug is good with a DVM?

#2765 10 months ago

Argh! I'm glad I can just drive to the Multimorphic and pick them up when ready.
That way; shipping damage is entirely my fault.

#2769 9 months ago

No. Purple and Orange absolutely fed-up a set of side rails I sent to Florida. These were custom jobs from Germany.
They refused to honor any damage claim even tho it was clear they damn near bent the box in half.
I had to eat the cost of the rails... and shipping from Germany (again) just to make the customer whole. I won't do side rails because of that experience.

Both brown and purple sux balls. Neither care about the customer's product... nor do they honor any insurance claims. Their mode of operation is "never our fault" even when it is.

So; f-them all. The only trust worthy shipper is me, myself, and I.

#2772 9 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

How much to deliver a playfield module to the Detroit-Metro area?

you really wouldnt want to know.
And if you have to ask...

#2775 9 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Darn! I was planning on adding some BBQ to my order, you would not believe what passes for BBQ around here.

I lived in Portland, or... A decade ago. . I'm verys aware of the horror.

#2788 9 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

email to support 4 days ago and crickets

As others have said, if you bought the game directly from multimorphic and not thru a distributor... Then a ticket will get you the support you need. Email isn't tracked or shared with multiple team members, so you need to file a support ticket.

If you bought via a distributor, you need to go thru them for support.

1 month later
#2818 8 months ago

Corn grats!
You won't be at the show, yourself?

#2820 8 months ago

: Sad face emoji :
Missing u already

2 weeks later
#2873 7 months ago

I'd apply pressure to the adhesive as MrMikeman stated.
If that doesn't work; maybe some new adhesive and/or some heat (gun) to soften the adhesive to make it more responsive to sticking.

2 weeks later
#2922 7 months ago

Im pretty sure moving the balls front "wall" to the trough is required when you install any pf module.
No need to remove them at all as when the game is booted, the software cycles the balls from the trough back to the vuks

#2927 7 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Bummer!
Need help .
Third game in weird Al half the module coils died!
Any fuse chart available?
Where the heck are the fuses..

Pretty sure fuse chart is stapled to the back of the weird Al module? Something is anyway...

#2930 7 months ago

I wouldn't expect a usb to cause the fuse to blow while running... unless you're messing around with the stick / cables at the same time.
There may be a fuse or two in the goody bag. Not sure.
yeah; replace the fuse with power off.
that said; if you replace the fuse and it blows again - you need to contact your distributor for tech support.
(no; not tech support for MM - so; if in doubt contact your distributor.
We all assume everyone buys from Multimorphic... but it needs to be said to contact the distributor if you didn't buy direct. )

3 weeks later
#2972 6 months ago

PSA for original P3 owners.
CMOS batteries in these motherboards have reached End-Of-Life.
I went to boot my P3 after a summer of no play; and, the system wouldn't power up.
Tech support pointed me to:
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Powerup_Troubleshooting
which talks about the CMOS battery and "Bet" me that my battery was dead.

Indeed it was. Those instructions were spot on and included the bios settings needed.

The symptom is the system won't power on; the monitor and boards under the PF have power - the CPU just won't start.

So; if you have a first batch production unit; do yourself a favor and replace the CR2032 coin cell before you have problems.

#2980 6 months ago

I saw something somewhere on FB maybe... that it was a new game for Heist module.

#2989 6 months ago
Quoted from Mocean:

this one is all me. Gerry wanted nothing to do with it

Sounds like how he responded to my idea about alternate button configurations for a decerning adult population.

Congratulations on the new game. I'd order it, but I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the Heist pf.

#2994 6 months ago

I know. I just like to poke the Gerry bear.

#3009 6 months ago

Fix existing games to be perfect... or expand the product offerings...

1 month later
#3087 5 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone ever have an issue where intermittently when powering on the machine, it color cycles on the monitors and doesn't actually boot up?

When was the last time you swapped the CMOS battery on the computer motherboard?

#3138 5 months ago

Make that 3. My machine has eos on the lower flippers... I did the upgrade when mm offered a kit. Have no problem with the multi button setup... Find the whole bitchfest typical for pinside

#3149 5 months ago

I am not a 3d designer so, I dont have the skills to create a new 3d print to move the button.

I'm just tired of the same ... I don't like the way they did it, so... Mm go change it back to the old way because I don't like it. Voice your concern... And move on. The damn flipper buttons has come up numerous times and it feels like the same people flame it into a bitchfest

#3172 5 months ago
Quoted from spoke:

You telling folks to shut up is not helpful to anyone.

You know what I'm tired of? People putting words in my mouth. Quote one post where I told people to shut up. I'll wait.

As to the fanboy comment, meh. If so, so what

1 month later
#3236 3 months ago

What are the latest guesses for the next release?

#3244 3 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Bird Watch gets its own module.

We know the next release is licensed and it's own module. That was confirmed by Gerry; himself, IIRC.
I honestly have no idea what it is... even though I fished for it earlier in the week while at lunch with him.

#3270 3 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

how long to get the FR kit?

Contact Multimorphic.
I'm pretty sure there is still a backlog; so, you won't be getting it NIB from Multimorphic right away.
I'd wager it's still a 2-3month wait.

#3284 3 months ago

Cop#4 sounds like a dweeb in glasses.

2 weeks later
#3333 82 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Do I buy a used p3 module?

Yes. This is the answer. OR a new p3 module.
You can't play a topper. You can play a module.
Pretty much a obvious answer there.

I'd imagine we'll see another module in the next quarter. Mainly because they paused releasing anything pending the quality review. In my mind; that means they have one already in the chamber... which was supposed to launch last year. And One or two in the queue for this year.

So; yeah - 2024 is looking like a good year to be a P3 owner.

1 week later
#3406 72 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So from what I've heard, Princess Bride is the upcoming licensed theme.

We've heard similar stories ?here? ... but I don't trust the source. I remain skeptical until there is more than one source of disinformation.

#3410 72 days ago

I wasn't a Labyrinth fan before the pinball and am not really after.
That said; I do think the pinball game has promise if they can keep to schedule and churn out the numbers they claim to be able to achieve. The game I saw at Houston was better than I thought it'd be.

As a Texas resident; I'm a "fan" of another startup here in Texas.
Just being hesitant to stand behind another team until they've proven themselves capable.

1 week later
#3438 63 days ago

I've always ordered direct and don't see that changing.
Nothing wrong with a distributor, just say to pick up at their shipping a receiving department.
Not really an option for everyone.

1 week later
#3458 51 days ago

Echoing what has been said. It impresses me that Multimorphic is providing fixes at THEIR COST and not forcing their customers to foot the bill. There are documented examples of other manufacturers not taking ownership and blaming the customer. This should speak volumes to anyone looking to buy into the platform.

Looking forward to their next game announcement. I'm also looking forward to getting FIRE in the near future.

#3461 51 days ago

Rumor has it that it's a title with a pinball or twelve

#3480 48 days ago

Weird
Don't like the button box as designed... but wants the manufacturer to design something for them specifically.

Take your button box off... Model up your design... And print it. Don't have the skills to do this? Then well, that's really the point.

If you don't like stern putting something on a game... It's on you to fix it. Not on the manufacturer.

1 week later
#3501 36 days ago

Atx does not power flippers.
The mean well at the bottom of the chassis does.
So no, unlikely this fix will improve anything

#3523 33 days ago

My FR is also still to arrive; but, the delay is entirely my fault.

#3548 32 days ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

cannon lagoon are the only 2 playfields that might not have on screen targets.

Def has screen targets; coins/redemption targets float across the screen while playing.

Quoted from Jvspin:

The ability to place stationary and moving targets anywhere on the front 2/3 of the playfield is a feature that set's it apart from tradional pinball, so why not take advantage of this ability?

They do. Lexy had a lot of modes.
Sourceur's Apprentice has some virtual targets.
Weird All has at least Germs, weasel stomping day, and probably others - which has this mode.
Final resistance was a more traditional game intended to look like wood so won't have these modes.

Princess Bride; it probably didn't make sense to have a mode with this because of the theme. That said the mode with the walls up; probably has some ball interaction if I were to guess.

3 weeks later
#3581 6 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

It used to be you received a discount when adding other games to the order. I don't think that is the case anymore.

I think that only applied to Multimorphic products; not third party products like DDD.

Besides; I'll be way to busy playing TPB to try DDD for at least a week. ;D

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.