IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Cannon Lagoon is best game ever created, bar none. That programmer deserves a raise.

6 months later
#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

Does anyone have one on route somewhere? How do people think it would do?

buffaloatx has one on route at Buffalo Billiards in Austin Texas.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I played Lexi and it was a little neat for a few but that playfield just seemed empty

It does seem empty when you're not playing it. That all changes when the pop-up scoops are active, as they are when you're searching the crates for parts. As I understand it the side modules can be changed as well. There will probably be games that don't use stand up modules on both sides like Lexi does.
I find the secret agent ramp shot quite challenging. It plays long if respawns are turned on, I suggest turning them off for competitive play.

1 week later
#101 6 years ago

Comparing shot difficulty, I find the left ramp the most challenging. If I were to redesign that module that ramp would be slightly wider and the saucer ramp would be slightly narrower. During Secret Agent multi-ball ours requires 25 agents (left or right ramp) to complete the mode. It's not unusual for me to get two or less. I watched a top 20 player yesterday, he got seven.

#111 5 years ago

I assume the beta driver fixed the problem because our location game saucer no longer stutters.

2 weeks later
#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I've also begun work on a LL:EE rule sheet, collecting some of what I've learned or think I've learned.

Wiki rules doc:
http://tiltforums.com/t/lexy-lightspeed-escape-from-earth/2848

1 month later
#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I was watching the Bat City broadcast the other day and got to thinking that it takes a brave TD to put the P3 into a tournament lineup right now. I don't think I would.

We've been using Lexy in league since the machine arrived at Buffalo Billiards and it has never crashed. The biggest 'problem' for us is we have to set it up hard enough that the #15th ranked player won't take all day.
Is there another Lexy on location?

#239 5 years ago

Note: The quote in buffaloatx 's post above is from Toyguy , not me. I wasn't watching the BCO broadcast. I was at the event, being beaten like a timpani.

5 months later
#298 5 years ago

Lexy on location- Bat City pinball uses a #lexy_lightspeed during league play and other events at Buffalo Billiards. It's a fun machine and always surprises onlookers in the area playing pool or foosball when you tell them about the interactive playfield. Still lots of game to explore for me, it's set up hard enough that a top 20 player won't take forever.

A few stats: http://batcity.league.papa.org/stats?leagueId=1&latest=false&sections=header,jump,machineSummary,playersByMachine#pbm_141
High score- 30+ million, low score 81+ thousand out of 42 officially recorded scores.

3 months later
#333 5 years ago

Go for the eight ball multi-ball in Lexy Lightspeed. So challenging.

3 weeks later
#364 4 years ago

That's the BIOS screen. You can get out of it by connecting a keyboard, then hitting ESC and confirming.
Is your hard drive connected? I don't see it listed in the storage configuration/SATA area.

If it's going to that screen every time PM Gerry. I don't have the exact settings in front of me.

1 month later
#378 4 years ago

It's not released yet. I think the working title is Wizard Trainer.

2 months later
#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

module was very difficult to install and seems next to impossible to lift out again

Are the locking tabs on the upper playfield clearing the latches?

6 months later
#489 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hoopin it up is crashing every time I try to start a game. Re-installled it and running up to date launcher, etc. Still crashing. Any help?

https://www.multimorphic.com/support
Pinside may not be monitored as closely as the support ticket system. You could send gstellenberg a PM or email if the ticketing option isn't right for you. https://www.multimorphic.com/contact/

11 months later
#585 3 years ago

Has any Heist owner removed their coin door and installed a safe? I always thought that would be a cool mod.

#622 3 years ago

Looks like you have space for five more...

3 weeks later
#697 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

why ask Multimorphic?

Because Multimorphic makes the P3-ROC and VALIS666 is searching for help.

If you're unable or unwilling to help then keep quiet.

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

maybe people read you words and actions differently?

People didn’t. You did. And you continue to be an ass about it. Time for you to stfu.

Quoted from Zitt:

to have that one dude telling me to "be quiet" was disrespectful. It's good that he's hiding behind a keyboard.

We’ve met in person John. I’m available any time you want to have a beer and sort this out.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

It would be easy to add a couple more wood pieces to support the underside of the front playfield

There should be a black metal playfield stiffener on the bottom side in the front. A couple vertical 2x4s with notches for that to sit in might be good.

4 months later
#759 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, i'll just use the boxes, but read the whole thread including all the pages asking Gerry to do storage solutions. Just seems that it would be a 2 birds one rock thing for Multimorphic is all and hadn't seen the case idea mentioned.

There have been a couple different storage solutions offered by mm creators.

1 month later
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

in Dallas for a few weeks and am interested in buying a P3 but would like to see one before I buy.

The factory is only two and a half hours from Dallas. Send gstellenberg a PM and if you can't find anything in Dallas.

4 weeks later
#866 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

He asked if you can do linked machines/heads up over a few miles via internet?

CCR module can do head-to-head over the internet. Not sure which other modules can yet.

2 weeks later
#916 2 years ago

If there is something preventing the module from seating properly the tubes will be misaligned.

The front will sit flush with the playfield Plexiglass/scoops/walls, low enough so the retainers just snap over it when released.

I forget how it works at the back end.

#918 2 years ago

There are many videos at https://www.multimorphic.com
If you log into your support account and review how to remove/install the playfield modules maybe you can notice something working different than yours.

#925 2 years ago

I wonder if a button got stuck on? I’m trying to think of how a computer could go from off to the same stuck position in a software program repeatedly.

I’d try booting it with no playfield module installed.

3 months later
#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The game is really hard for me

There are many adjustments to tailor game difficulty to your liking.
Just like in #the_walking_dead_le where you can adjust a small thing like have the modes stay lit on the next ball if you drain before starting one or adjust a big thing like make it a five ball game instead of three ball.

And you can save those adjustments to your profile so when you're playing with your mates you can all have your own settings applied in the same game if you want to.

2 weeks later
#1054 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

Has anyone had experience routing a P3?

Buffalo Billiards in Austin closed.
Not sure if Jesse still frequents Pinside buffaloatx was the manager at Buffalo Billiards and may be willing to discuss it. I ran league events there weekly and Lexy was at least as reliable as the other 15ish pins they had.

Need to get one on location at Pinstack and Nickel City in Austin.

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

How's the P3 platform been for reliability, compared to the other manufactures?

We used it in weekly league events for years at Buffalo Billiards in Austin TX. It's extremely serviceable even if something does break. Flipper module is one connector, then slides right out so you can work on it on a bench or swap in a spare if you prefer that route. Computer components are easily accessible in the backbox. Various boards inside the cabinet are easy to get to either through the coin door or with the playfield lifted. Assemblies on the lower playfield are designed to be easily serviced. The various playfield modules are removed easily and placed on a bench if you need access to the bottom side.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm a little confused about the art packages and the fact that they include a translite (which are also available separately). Isn't the entire "translite" on these an LCD? Or is there actually a physical translite?
I found this:
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/accessories/backbox-display/
Which seems to point to the fact that it is one big LCD, so I'm not sure why you would need a translite? Or did earlier units use a physical translite, and that is why they make these available?

When P3 was new there was no backbox display. Not everyone has upgraded.

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

But what are the people who have going to do with a signed translight?

https://www.litframes.com/shop/

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Does the head come off easily?

No. It could be removed but there would be several cables to remove, zip ties to cut, and much de-routing. You would have to be EXTREMELY organized to have a hope of getting them all back into position.

The good news is not only is the upper playfield easy to remove, the monitor for the lower playfield is too. So if weight is your primary concern that's easily solved. If it's the physical space, getting the head through a specific small opening could be a challenge.

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

How many P3's have been sold? Just wondering how big the user base is.

At least 227LE in the past two days. If you extrapolate that out over the ten years or so they have been around that's about 414,275 Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

It is a little confusing about pricing. Does the price of the machine include any playable table?

If you're referring to the $8300 from https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-pinball-machine/p3-pinball-machine/
"The price for a base P3 machine with no game kit is $8,300."

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You can buy a noise suppressor / low pass filter (same thing) for a couple bucks which would go between the amp and the 1/8" plug which plugs into it.

Look in your backbox before you buy one. There should already be a filter installed.

#1118 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where? Plugged into the amp ? Or is it a ferrite core insulator? I'll have to check later

One end into motherboard, other into amp IIRC.

1 month later
#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

gstellenberg - How difficult would it be to replace a flipper button mech with a staged mech? From an electrical standpoint it seems easy, is it something that can be done DIY at a later date?

If you mean using one button so a partial press activates one flipper and a full press activates both flippers, it would be rather difficult since there is only one switch per button on the button boxes I've seen.
Nothing is impossible but it would mean building a switch stack and moving a switch from one button to another.

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

we ar visiting the Round Rock facility.

And Pinstack, Cidercade, Pinballz (original and Lake Creek), Texas Gamers Lounge.

Tuesday is league night.

4 months later
#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Would it be possible to implement two switches on the red button to support flipper staging?

Unless the manufacturing process has changed in the past couple years there is one switch per button and in that case it's not possible to stage-flip using a single button.

As Rdoyle1978 mentioned, you CAN assign multiple flippers to one button. They will activate at the same time.

This has been mentioned before, it's possible MM has implemented multiple switches on a single button.

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

does any one ever sell their used modules? If so what is the second hand market like?

It's growing but tiny today. Simply not enough P3s in the hands of consumers to be widely available on the used market yet. As time goes by more will be available.

IMO it's a largely a question of numbers produced. Try finding ANY used pin ever made that had low production numbers. The greater the number made the easier it is to find it.

2 weeks later
#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Lexy seems somewhat basic if you’re judging the module mechs

I think the physical eight ball lock on the playfield is pretty amazing.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Is it safe to transport the p3 on its side with (or without) the playfield module removed?

What situation would this be beneficial?

#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Does anyone else like the fact that Multimorphic is solving issues on the fly here on Pinside?

Gerry, Les, TJ, and Sarah are the most underrated team in pinball.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

would be incredible and is underused today is a "chose your own adventure" type of situation.

Who will be the first to utilize a camera on the machine to actually put the player IN the gameplay video content? Microphone to have owner-recorded content integrated into the call-outs!

1 month later
#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Worked fine last time yesterday,will not go into diagnostic or anything,
Yes reboot many times.

Can you post a picture of your screen? Do the flipper buttons cycle through the options and the start button will not launch anything or no games appear or they appear but are all locked…?

2 months later
#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Is anyone else’s glass seem too “short”?

That seems a bit odd. How long is the glass?

1 week later
#2029 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Has Gerry expressed any dream themes for this company?

I think Gerry is a huge Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop fan, that's probably high on his wish list.

3 weeks later
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

what is the right way to adjust/lower the flipper?

Step one is pull the flipper module out of the game. Then inspect it, you’ll probably see how to fix the problem.

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Looks like a pivot pin came loose and is rubbing up against the plastic. Has anyone has experience disassembling a flipper unit so i can get at this pin?

If you have a small C clamp you can remove the flipper from the plastic so you get enough clearance to fit the clamp over that pin. I have a small arbor press I used to install those pins. https://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&id1=9&startat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=9&--SECTIONSword=ww
Can't see from the photos exactly what to disconnect to get the flipper bat away from the plastic.
Channel lock pliers would get the job done if you're careful but they wouldn't be my first choice.

1 week later
#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

The game doesn't even seem to see the flippers. When it starts it no longer has the flippers listed

I’d open a ticket with Multimorphic. They’ll have the best advice.

#2234 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

TJ, Mike, the back line guys all have their shit seriously in check. Just on.top.of.it.

And they have been that way for years. Can't say enough good things about the whole crew.

2 weeks later
#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I put in a ticket but The two posts and back outer loop magnet won’t work on my cosmic cart. The three on the ramp look like they do. Any suggestions?

Check fuses on the board that controls them.

1 month later
#2662 12 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Anyone know what a 65 gram, slightly smaller steel pinball would actually be used for?

I saw these in one of the old catalogs in the PPS reference material a couple weeks ago. I think the old pitch and bats used them.

#2679 11 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I wouldn't mod any PSU with a different fan. Those fans are speced for CFM and pressure at certain RPMs by the OEM for specific conditions.

Normally I wouldn’t either but Pinmonk has done the research and his mod is good. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-stern-spike-noisy-ps-fans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YeOldPinPlayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=YeOldPinPlayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.