AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg
20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg
IMG_3902 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (6 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (5 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (5 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#693 3 years ago

Sorry for the off-topic, but there's not a lot of people around with knowledge of this system. If anyone might be able to help me with an issue on the Multimorphic P3-ROC on my Cosmic Carnival, I'd appreciate it! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/8#post-6199313

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Look, dad... Thanks for your opinion.
This isn't a multimorphic problem. The fact that you think it is ... Is a problem.
Don't tell me what to do, Pops.

This would have been one and done post where I'm reaching out to people who might know something about a board that doesn't have a lot of information on it out there, compared to most pinball where there's a wealth of information to read when troubleshooting. But instead of one and done we're now up to eight posts because you keep bringing it up. Feel free to PM me if you want to argue.

#703 3 years ago

Jesus, dude. I never posted here expecting Multimorphic to help me in any capacity, and I certainly didn't call them out. Here's what I posted again:

Quoted from VALIS666:

Sorry for the off-topic, but there's not a lot of people around with knowledge of this system. If anyone might be able to help me with an issue on the Multimorphic P3-ROC on my Cosmic Carnival, I'd appreciate it! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/8#post-6199313

"If ANYONE might be able to help me" seeing as this is one of the few threads around here where there's bound to be people who are familiar with Multimorphic products. Not Multimorphic themselves, but fellow players/owners. If I thought Multimophic owed me anything or I wanted support from them directly, I'd have contacted them myself. The thought never crossed my mind that MM owed me support. All this shit you're angry about is entirely in your imagination. If you don't think so, then ask yourself why everyone else seems to understand my intentions except you?

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just swung by SevenEightyRacer 's house and played P3.... I'm not sure how I tilted Heist as the cab never moved... damn it. heist was sooooooo fun, awesome, and addicting. But out of no where ranger in the ruins , that damn game had me pushing start OVER AND OVER. I didn't get to spend more than 2 games on cosmic kart and lexi, which sucks but Yup.... need to sell this ac/dc so I can join this club

Nice! Like to hear it. I've come very close to buying one of these twice before, but in the end just couldn't pull the trigger because I need to play it. I don't need to play the latest from the big 4, you know roughly how they'll play, but it's hard to sink +$10K into this without getting a feel. I hope someone brings one to Pintastic this fall.

2 years later
#2997 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lexy - Lexy | Secret Agent Showdown | Hoopin' It Up
Cosmic Car Racing - CCR | Sorceror's Apprentice | Ranger in the Ruins
Heist - Heist | Dungeon Door Defender | Silver Falls
Weird Al - Weird Al
Cannon Lagoon - CL | Grand Slam Rally | Flipper Foxtrot Explosion (rhythm game)
Final Resistance - FR
Drained - Drained
ALL: ROCs | Scoot n' Shoot | Barnyard

Nice, thanks. I'd love to see ROCs get some timing adjustments in settings. It just takes too long for the ball to get to you when Heist or CCR are installed (maybe Al too, I haven't installed it yet) and the rocks are all over your flippers by the time it does on about level 7 onward. I've only had the P3 for two weeks but I've gotta play a round or two of ROCs every time the machine is on, so fun.

ps - Absolutely loving the P3 so far!

#3002 6 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I don't own ROCs, I only played it during a short trial period a few years ago.
Would the correct fix be to not start gameplay until the ball hits the playfield?
(Like how some Heist modes don't start a ball is successfully served.)
- Mark

Exactly that, yep. Something like once the ball is picked up by the light beams, the rocks on the next level can appear or start coming down or pick up speed or whatever works best.

3 weeks later
#3040 5 months ago

I've not been a P3 owner for long so I'm still quite new to this platform in terms of familiarity. Turned it on last night, wouldn't boot, immediately start basic troubleshooting. I see everything in the cabinet including the TV is getting power but nothing in the backbox is except for the amp. Start following wire paths, OK, everything past and including the backbox ATX power supply is dead, so it must be something related to that. Do the usual re-seating, look for frayed wires, take voltage readings, etc., nothing.

Oh yeah, aren't they supposed to have real good support documentation online? I go to the MM website and the support section, search "power," and on page 2 is this gem: https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Powerup_Troubleshooting

Followed all the steps starting with #2 since I clearly had line-in power, hit that motherboard reset button, ah ha, everything now has power so it's probably the CMOS battery. Take out the graphics card, replace the battery, reboot, follow the very detailed steps to put the BIOS back to factory defaults, and I'm up and playing again in 20 minutes!

Brilliant! Just a really well-written page of steps and solutions that brought back a non-booting pin in a flash. I have no idea if every P3 problem will have such detailed documentation, but man, that was smooth. Kudos.

#3046 5 months ago

Any tips for getting the magnetic art to flatten out and adhere better? I got a complete set of amazing new art with my Drained purchase which arrived yesterday (which I'll post about in that thread, but I really like it!) and even after the recommended 24 hours of lying flat on a floor under heavy books, all the head and cabinet side pieces curl, lift away, and eventually fall off when I try to apply them.

Maybe *a little* hair dryer heat will make them more pliable, and thus flatter and more willing to stick? Any other tips? I keep trying to roll them in the opposite direction they were rolled in the tube, but they don't hold that shape for more than 30 seconds.

2 weeks later
#3126 5 months ago

Hooked my Weird Al module up for the first time tonight, everything was going well for about an hour. Was in the settings menu at one point and it crashed to the launcher screen. Went back into Weird Al, played for another half hour, machine lost power and rebooted. This happened again 5 minutes later. Then 60 seconds later. Now every powerup lasts maybe 5 seconds before it loses power and instantly reboots and stays in that 5 second power -> no power -> reboot cycle.

Sounds like a bad power supply, I'd assume. But is it the main AC power supply or the ATX psu? I have a spare unused 500W ATX power supply here I can install, but I'm not sure which is failing. In the cabinet all the boards get green and red lights when the power comes on, then the greens disappear when the machine dies but the reds stay on, then the greens come back briefly on reboot, etc. The TV playfield never goes to the no signal color blinking mode I assume because it's getting a brief signal every 5 or so seconds on the reboot.

I hate to keep switching it on and potentially damaging other components. How can I determine where the problem is? The support wiki doesn't really cover this situation of constant reboots other than maybe make sure everything is plugged in well inside the AC power supply. Maybe disconnect the ATX psu from the main power supply and see what happens on power up? I assume if the TV stays on then, the ATX power is the culprit.

#3143 5 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Hooked my Weird Al module up for the first time tonight, everything was going well for about an hour. Was in the settings menu at one point and it crashed to the launcher screen. Went back into Weird Al, played for another half hour, machine lost power and rebooted. This happened again 5 minutes later. Then 60 seconds later. Now every powerup lasts maybe 5 seconds before it loses power and instantly reboots and stays in that 5 second power -> no power -> reboot cycle.
Sounds like a bad power supply, I'd assume. But is it the main AC power supply or the ATX psu? I have a spare unused 500W ATX power supply here I can install, but I'm not sure which is failing. In the cabinet all the boards get green and red lights when the power comes on, then the greens disappear when the machine dies but the reds stay on, then the greens come back briefly on reboot, etc. The TV playfield never goes to the no signal color blinking mode I assume because it's getting a brief signal every 5 or so seconds on the reboot.
I hate to keep switching it on and potentially damaging other components. How can I determine where the problem is? The support wiki doesn't really cover this situation of constant reboots other than maybe make sure everything is plugged in well inside the AC power supply. Maybe disconnect the ATX psu from the main power supply and see what happens on power up? I assume if the TV stays on then, the ATX power is the culprit.

I like to update any of my troubleshooting posts with solutions, and I'm reporting to say that yep, a new ATX PSU fixed this problem right up. Thanks bingopodcast for your helpful suggestions via PM! Only took 20 mins to install because this ATX has mesh sheathing over all the wires so cable management was a breeze, a few zip ties and everything was nice and neat and done.

...But not only that. My P3 runs and plays far better than before! Seriously. From boot up it loads into the launcher screen in about 1/3rd of the time. The flippers absolutely feel stronger to the point I have to now turn them down from previous settings. The LEDs seem brighter. And this notable improvement isn't just observational -- that tall right VUK on Weird Al (#7, I think?) would *never* make it up to the ramp for me before. Maybe it did once out of 50 tries on full power. Now it flies up 100% of the time with ease. My wife and I were playing it after we installed the new ATX and the first time it shot up there we were like "what the hell was that?" we were so not used to it. I'll see if this increased power thing holds true with other modules and VUKs that were struggling previously.

I can understand why the software seems to run more quickly, especially if the previous ATX was compromised before it started to outright fail, but does the ATX lend that much power to the rest of the components? It's kind of shocking really, like I got a new P3 in the way it now runs and plays. Maybe worth a $40 shot for some of you out there who feel like you have a sluggish P3. My P3 is the older model with the light up logo and used to have a 400W ATX, for the record. The new ATX is 500W and is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014W3EM2W/

#3154 5 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Don’t understand how the computer power supply would have anything to do with strength of the flipper and other coils unless it was somehow pulling down line voltage to the cabinet power supply. Interested in seeing what Nick/MM have to say.

Yep, I'm not sure either, and things like flipper strength and brighter lights could totally just be in my head, but that long upkick on Weird Al usually would only make it halfway up the wireform and now it's just flying up and through with ease. The rough stats in my head on that are 1/50 successful attempts with the old ATX, 10/10 with the new one. Maybe with the playfield movement during troubleshooting the VUK kicker nudged/fell into a better position, or maybe something that was a little loose got a firmer plug-in along the way. Dunno, but so far it's very real. Can't wait to try other modules with long upkicks this week to see how they fare.

3 weeks later
#3216 4 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

The usb way is probably the easiest I’ve ever seen of all manufacturers.

It's especially handy since you can put a whole bunch of module/game updates on the stick at the same time and just install them one after another.

#3226 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Me too. I couldn’t wait any longer…
I came up with my own rack solution. I decided not to go over two high with these rolling boxes on the racks, due to the weight and safety reasons. A 49-pound module like weird al or heist, plus the 16 pounds for the rolling box is a not-so-easy thing to pick up and maneuver on and off a rack that is 3 or 4 tiers high. YMMV
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CBNJPM4T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KCMHMQN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B81XBJWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love seeing the Imagic games! The Atari 2600 unsung heroes.

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Your photo reminds me: the world needs a Demon Attack P3 game.

Yes! The idea I keep playing around with in my head just for fun (since I have no programming skills) for a P3 add-on game is exactly that, a single-screen shooter like Space Invaders, Galaga, Demon Attack, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.