SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceEmpty (resized).jpg
20240125_212102 (resized).jpg
20240125_212050 (resized).jpg
IMG_2174 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (6 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (5 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (5 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Would love something better to store them in.

Seconded!

I also use the original shipping boxes for storing the playfields that are not in the P3. There is some cussing involved every time I put a playfield away, as I'm fighting the box flaps, and can never seem to remember the proper way to orient the playfield in the box.

While one box design could hold any P3 playfield, offering a storage solution that is durable, with a top that does not fight back, that slides easily on carpets and has comfortable handles would also give Multimorphic a chance to sell us even more artwork to adorn each playfield's box.

- Mark

1 year later
#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... I'd love to see a graphics overhaul to that game some day ...

Seconded!

I understand the need to keep developing new products, but I hope that Lexi's character models (which I think only appear in attract mode) can updated to reflect the alternate artwork at some point.

- Mark

1 week later
#1370 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Base game plus Weird Al + Heist + CCR? I’d like to get at least three games with the base unit at purchase. Are those the best to start with?

Heist is a must-have. It's my all-time favorite pinball. (I won't get to experience Weird Al, until I receive mine.)

Personally, I prefer Lexy to CCR.

- Mark

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

What did they change in the flipper upgrade?

They added End of Stroke switches.

- Mark

2 weeks later
#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

So one thing I have been curious about- does any one ever sell their used modules? If so what is the second hand market like? I searched a bit and didn't see any marketplace adds.

I did. I sold my CCR to partially fund getting Weird Al.

2 weeks later
#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Huge. Lol. Won’t fit in most suvs. The pic Ed-209 posted is mint. Mine is still folded from 2d con so I could verify

Different pin, different SUV:

The last time I went on a road trip to pick up a pin, I had to remove the head, so everything would fit.

It had way more cables between the head and body than the P3.

Ah, the good old days, when I could hit the road for a mini-adventure.

- Mark

#1557 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I’m being lazy and have not searched the information exhaustively. Is there an easy way to adjust the sling plastic rod so the ball does not get stuck under it?
[quoted image]

I've had my P3 for years, and that have never happened. Is the linkage bent?

- Mark

#1574 1 year ago

Hi All;

Is there a diagram that lists the location and function of each PCB on the base cabinet, then the location and function of each connector on each PCB?

Ex: The Wall 0 RGB LED is out. It's probably just a loose connector. Where is the LED Controller for Wall 0 RGB LED? What connector on the LED Controller should I inspect? (I understand that there may also be a break-out board involved.)

I looked at the Multimorphic Support site, but I did not spot the info.

Thanks for your help!

- Mark

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I've had my P3 for years, and that have never happened. Is the linkage bent?
- Mark

I'm laughing my butt off: I just pulled the monitor out to better access some cables, and when I put everything back together again, 10 seconds into the first ball I played it got stuck under right slingshot linkage.

Luckily, because of this thread, I knew all I had to do was flip-over the playfield polycarb.

- Mark

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Thanks for the nod.

And Gerry personally responded to my ticket late Saturday...

Dude, I love what you and your team are doing, but I really hope your are giving yourself time to breath and stay healthy.

- Mark

#1587 1 year ago

There isn't currently a single table that lists those details. However, if you look at the driver numbers in Diagnostics -> LEDs, you'll see an R, G, and B number. These correspond to outputs from the PD-LED board (the LED controller). Then reference the connector listings in the PD-LED documentation here: https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-led/ (v3 is the latest), and that'll tell you which connector and pins drive the LEDs.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Gerry: Thank you!

2 weeks later
#1603 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Mine was also torn up a bit around 1 of the posts. Not enough for me to send anything to my distributor but noticeable.

My Lexy and Heist playfield decals don't show any wear after playing games in the low thousands.

Still: I would pay extra for a factory mylar option...

- Mark

2 weeks later
#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

We *KNOW* licenses sell machines.

True. However, because of something Gerry said, I would bet we get a healthy mix of unlicensed and licensed games.

Per Gerry: Most licenses are time bound....

If Multimorphic were to develop 100% licensed games going forward: In 10 years, a new P3 buyer would be able to buy CL, CCR, LLEE, Heist and whatever games had current licenses.

If Multimorphic were to develop 50% licensed games going forward: In 10 years, a new P3 buyer would be able to buy CL, CCR, LLEE, Heist, another 5 (or so) original games and whatever games had current licenses.

- Mark

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

And don't forget 3rd party games

I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.

The only 3rd party playfield that I am aware of is Drained. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and gameplay, but I will probably take a pass, as I'm not into old school games.

I suspect that traditional manufacturers will have a hard time justifying the production of a game that will have the side-effect of promoting the competition's platform.

- Mark

1 month later
#1793 1 year ago

@gstellenberg:

What is the official policy?

If someone owns a module with the base game and an add-on game that only works with that module type:

If they sell the module, we know the base game follows the module.

Is there any way to transfer the add-on game with the module, or does it become unplayable?

Thank you for clarifying!

- Mark

4 weeks later
#1965 1 year ago

Question for owners. Do you need to allow space on both sides of the P3 to switch out modules or can you get everything from the front of the machine? Mine is going in an office and I have 5 games tucked in there pretty tightly.

I have my P3 on the end of a row (accessible from 1 side). I have an older P3, so have installed several upgrades, and performed a couple repairs. I've never had to move the machine to access the other side.

Side access is required for playfield swaps. Once the playfield is out, the various service positions grant access to everything.

I will say, that for once in my life, I'm glad to be too tall. I don't have to use a stool to swap playfields, and the very thought of having to wrangle a 40+ pound playfield while on a stool is rather scary.

- Mark

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Installing beer seal under the lockbar prevents that movement.

I've been looking for an excuse to give Gerry a hard time about not equipping the P3 with a beer seal...

I had to wait until I needed to place a parts order for another pin and then spend an entire $1.00 to "upgrade" my P3 to a beer resistant model!

- Mark

BTW: I've never had the glass gap, even without the above upgrade.

1 week later
#2003 1 year ago

I'm thinking getting the system core artwork as the game will be changing out somewhat frequently. Anyone made that choice and happy with it?

I have the original "Generic P3 Artwork", which is more subtle than the "P3 Machine Artwork (System Core)".

While "subtle" and Pinball don't usually go together, in this case it works.

It's still available, check it out before making your call...

- Mark

#2006 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Any chance you or anyone who has the original generic cabinet artwork, could you post a few cabinet pics? I see them on the MM site but not on a cabinet.
I’m in the same boat, have a P3 Weird Al standard and other modules coming soon and also thought about just using either the generic or the updated System Core. While I do like the artwork for the modules, I too would probably be switching them out regularly and my OCD would want to change the artwork every time as well as not sure where I’d store all the artwork.
Thanks

Here you go.

Please ignore the screw holes bordering the artwork. I removed my Artwork Protectors to get good pics.

- Mark

20230125_131634 (resized).jpg20230125_131634 (resized).jpg20230125_132328 (resized).jpg20230125_132328 (resized).jpg20230125_132137 (resized).jpg20230125_132137 (resized).jpg
#2013 1 year ago

That's what I was referring to. Are there seperate

I'm not sure how important that is right now (for me), but it does make me second guess my core artwork. I never stopped to think about the game instructions being on the apron or sling and plastic art. It'd be nice to have cutouts on the Core artwork so you simply add the game instructions to the existing apron. Food for thought!

I buy game specific artwork for everything that can be seen while playing: Translight, Apron and Plastics.

Of course, you don't need the translight, as you have the back box display.

Also, I'm too lazy to swap the plastics. I have those more as collectables.

- Mark

#2014 1 year ago

BTW: I think Gerry was serious when he told me that I was the only one buying new modules who has not upgraded to have a back box display.

I have become "that guy".

If Multimorphic releases a game without a collectable Translight for the limited edition crowd: Either they may have a print run of 1, or I will be SOL.

- Mark

P.S. I guess my default pinside backbox icon is more appropriate than I imagined...

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from tjw998:

Currently there is not an option for side target and slingshot covers for generic/system core artwork, but there might be in the future.

TJ: Are the "city" slingshot plastics that originally came with the P3 considered "generic" or "Lexy"?

- Mark

#2018 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is at least ONE more out there lol!

Good to know that I'm not alone!

- Mark

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Assume I get over this layoff problem; I'll be right there in day one for LE versions of the next two games when they are annouced.

Good look finding a better gig.

I'm trying not to be "got to have them all" person for the P3.

No back box display, no LEs, no game specific side art, no mini-games. I would rather put the money towards the next play field module.

While I expect to pickup both of next year's play field modules, it's not 100% guaranteed.

I haven't bought Cannon Lagoon or Drained, because I *think* they are not my kind of games. But dang, I wish I could try them out, so I would know for sure.

- Mark

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do you like Lexi? Is that one a keeper?

Lexi is definitely a keeper. The more I play it, the more I like it.

My P3 Top 3 are:
1) Heist
2) Weird Al
3) Lexi

- Mark

#2023 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You should get Rangers in the Ruin if you have the CCR module. That’s the best bang for your buck.

I would have liked to try Rangers in the Ruin, but I sold my CCR module before it was announced.

I had heard a rumor that the next module would going to be released soon, and I wanted to raise some cash for it. The rumor turned out to be a year off.

- Mark

#2040 1 year ago
Quoted from tjw998:

Heist standalone playfield has shiped and continues to ship with the 'city' looking slingshot plastics (buildings on the left and helicopter on the right). I believe that if someone purchased a new P3 with the Heist artwork package selected, then it would have the newer blue police officer slingshots and the side target covers installed (which is the optional upgrade kit for existing customers).
Each P3 has shipped with original Lexy Lightspeed slingshot covers in one of the goodie bags (they are gray with a rocket and a gear I think). These are the most 'generic' of all of our current slingshot offerings.

I see what I did: When I got Heist I swapped out the Lexi Slingshot Plastics for the ones from Heist, then forgot about it. A second much more colorful Heist Plastics was released later...

#2041 1 year ago

I'm hoping Weird Al was the beginning of some licensed themes. Don't get me wrong, I think Heist is incredible and would love to see more from the team behind it, but grabbing a nice 80's film license could set the p3 on fire.
Only downside being new machines are already a year out, what would happen if Multimorphic got the "Goonies" or "Big Trouble in Little China"...It would bring over a ton of new users..

Older licenses have a few downsides: Many have a limited production time, and limited assets. (Mr. Y's participation in making all those new quotes really help's make WAM an awesome game.) Also, with any license, you are gonna have some haters.

What would you guys do if Multimorphic releases a really good playfield module with a theme that you *hate*???

Suck it up and buy it, or wait for the next next module?

- Mark

#2044 1 year ago

Just having some therioterical fun, here are my votes for the theme's mentioned above:

Yes, Please!:
Princess Bride
Little Shop of Horrors (Not the original. The Musical directed by Frank Oz.)
Big Trouble in Little China

Meh.:
Labyrinth
Space Balls (I loved both Young Frankenstein and Blazzing Saddles, but buy the time Space Balls rolled around, I was like: I used to find this stuff funny?)
Beatles’ Yellow Submarine (I'm just not that cheerful...)
Phineas & Ferb (Never see it...)

F', NO!:
Goonies (Sorry.)

What are your votes or dream themes?

- Mark

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Theme I *hate* I'd pass. I've been in "buy everything they make mode" but I think I'm over that too.
I was not excited when I heard the Weird Al theme, but jumped in anyway because the playfield looked packed (and I had every other playfield to date).
Unfortunately my instincts were right, I'm just not connecting with the theme and the gameplay hasn't been enough to overcome that for me. But I'm probably done buying no matter what.

Your feelings about WAM are similar to mine about CCR.

I sold CCR to raise $ for the next playfield (which turned out to be WAM), and I'm happy with the upgrade!

If you are going to sell WAM, do it now. Perhaps someone will pay retail to avoid the waiting list.

- Mark

#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I know MM was very tight lipped when Weird Al came out, but didn’t they post some pics\hints beforehand?
We’re getting so many rumors going around from other manufacturers, just hoping they could throw us a little hint or at least a ballpark timeframe when we could get a hint.

They run a super tight ship.

What they don't want is someone who loves the next theme waiting rather than buying now.

I'm happy to know that 2 releases are planned for this year

- Mark

P.S. Why has no one suggested Evil Dead???

#2065 1 year ago

What was the wait time for Weird Al module for existing P3 owners?

I ordered within the first *second* of orders opening, and I just got mine a few weeks ago...

Edit: Just double checked: Delivered December 17.

- Mark

1 week later
#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The box for the P3 is not like other NIBs. It's a shell with top and bottom "lids". All held together by being strapped to the pallet. If you cut the straps the box is no longer a box. Either you can slide it down on the pallet or you will need to take it off the pallet and just bring the game down by itself. In either case I don't think you should do it alone. It's just that heavy. I bring my games downstairs alone also on my Escalera but I won't for this game (getting mine in a few weeks). It's of similar weight to my WOZ and that ended up being scary - and we were 2!
Others have mentioned removing the PF and module helps with making the weight more manageable.
Search youtube for "unboxing a P3" and you will see how it ships.

Just adding a +1 to MrMikeman's comments. Please do not do move a P3 downstairs alone.

I now have a walkout, but if I was still in my old house I would:

1) Have a pinball party with at least 4 friends/victims.
2) After their arrival, inform friends/victims that the price of the pinball party is hard labor.
3) Unbox the P3, remove playfield module to lighten the load.
4) Strap the P3 to an appliance dolly.
5) Run a rope through the appliance dollies handles.
6) Have 2 f/v's grab the rope on each side of the dolly.
7) With f/v's holding the rope tight, push the P3/dolly over the first step, and lay it down on the stairs.
8) Have f/v's slowly release the rope, letting P3/dolly slide to the bottom.
9) Go downstairs, move P3/dolly out of the way, drink beer, set-up the P3, drink beer, play P3, drink beer...

I'm sorry for my ridiculously long description. But I actually used this technique on many pinball machines and arcade games. It keeps everyone safe upstairs and no one has to play catcher.

- Mark

1 week later
#2117 1 year ago

Does anyone have any thoughts/insight into the P3 Codename Carbon teaser?
(See thisweekinpinball.com.)

Not a lot to go on. Might be a TNA sequel...

- Mark

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey all I’ve never seen or played a Multimorphic game they’re just not on location.
I wanted to ask if they feel like real pinball machines or not and why or what feels different about them.
Also is there any consensus as to what are the best titles so far.
Thanks.

All the P3 tables feel like real pinball... because they *are* real pinball tables.

My top 3 P3 tables are Heist, Weird Al and Lexi.

- Mark

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:...the haunted house party 2 tease.

I'm sorry: What did I miss?

- Mark

1 week later
#2200 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:You certainly can ask any amount you want just as folks can offer anything they want. At some point I wish you to find some willing to pay what you are willing to sell for!
All good!

It's official: I'm an old man bitching about inflation: Back in the day, I purchased a very nice CFTBL for just $100 more than than the asking price for this trim kit.

- Mark

1 week later
#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:My space in the production queue is coming up and I am trying to figure out which additional modules I should order next (I want them all but cannot afford them all at once).
Base order is for Heist! and I am in line for an FR eventually. Curious about which modules current owners recommend based on actual playing time & diversity of flow. Really trying to decide the order of WAMONH, CCR & LL. (CL is an eventual but not imminent order).
My current thinking is that CCR offers fast flow with a narrative option in SA and would offer the best contrast to Heist! Want LL, but no particular hurry. Played a prototype ages ago and was impressed enough to know I want to play/own the final product someday. WAMONH- I prefer original themes (exception: LoTR) and find all the dad band machines off putting, but would make an exception for Weird Al. Primary concern is recency bias- played JP on location (and Godzilla) and did not find their current rankings justified. Wondering if WAMONH is holding up even after the new module smell fades a little.
Drained! Absolutely want to play and likely willing to buy based on gameplay videos alone, but not yet. CL: want primarily for the pitch & bat add on but happy to wait a few years when I will have more free time.
I searched the forum before posting and have consulted past recommendations but am curious in people’s current ones since there have been new modules and more time to season the others.
Thanks!

Ignoring FR, as it's an unknown.:

Your first two modules should be Weird Al and Heist.

After that I would vote for Lexy.

I know it gets a lot of love, but my typical CCR ball is: brick, brick...brick, brick, brick...drain.

- Mark

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Are you sure you're not playing No Fear?

I owned (and sold) a No Fear, which is exactly why I was skeptical of CCR from the first pic.

I admit coming in with a negative attitude, but owning it did not change my mind.

I sold it to raise money for the next module. That turned out to be Weird Al, which I am *very* happy with.

- Mark

#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

... Lexy would probably be #2 on my list after Heist! if not for the art package. I’m no prude but prefer my pinball as wholesome as possible.

Ummm.... What exactly do you object to?

She is wearing lipstick?
Her breasts are a little larger than normal. (Though fully covered and with the view partially blocked by her arms)?

LL-EE_Translite2 (resized).jpgLL-EE_Translite2 (resized).jpg

- Mark

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

It’s the video at start of gameplay where they show the characters that I find off putting. It’s brief & not too over the top but I’d much prefer a Stephen Silver cartoonish character that is more family friendly.

I would love a Lexy code update to use the new artwork style.

It wouldn't be that hard, as there isn't much gameplay to update.

But, it would distract from whatever new games are being developed.

I just got hung-up on the words wholesome and prude, as even in the old artwork I don't see anything objectionable.

Then again, I would be the first to upvote a Barbarella retheme!

- Mark

1 week later
#2353 1 year ago

I'm sorry your wait isn't over.

You should test all the mechs, in case there is hidden damage. Better to get all the repair parts I in one go.

The crane is sensitive, as are the alignment of the VUK tubes.

- Mark

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am mentally preparing for an extra month after delivery to get any new module working along with hours of troubleshooting. I still love the machine and like the concept, but at this point in time I have to say that in ordering a machine I expect hours of troubleshooting and weeks of back and forth with tech support to get it working.

I'm sorry your experience with new games has been less than spectacular. I don't know the typical experience, but when I received my Weird Al (module only) I had to tweak the VUK adjustment nut, and I was good to go.

- Mark

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I really enjoy the 'virtual playfield' aspects of Final Resistance. While it could seem limiting at first I think providing a virtual playfield with drawn inserts and return lanes etc should be the norm with animated targets over THAT. I also like the idea discussed in the seminar about tracers going from one insert to the next as you hit shots and progress through a mode.
Is there talk of doing more like this going forward?

While us fanboys speculate about future P3 tables, toys, features and such: Gerry runs a tight ship. We have no idea what the future holds until it's officially announced.

Quoted from AMartin56:

I think Heist and Al look pretty cool but I don't like the flippers and slings floating over full screen video. Just seems off to me.

I guarantee that when your trying to steal some jewels in Heist, such thoughts will not occur to you.

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I heard the next P3 is Seinfeld, but my buddy said he heard it is Shawshank redemption (can you say "Andy escapes Multiball"), but his wife said she heard it is Golden Girls.

Ha! I guess the upside of any of those " rumored" titles is that should they come true, I would save $3000.

- Mark

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Has anyone ever wondered if at some point, there will be a P4

I'm pretty sure that Gerry is committed to continue upgrades to the P3 for a long time to come. The upgraded walls and scoops are evidence of this.

The P3 is pretty well dialed in at this point. I think the only remaining problem area is VUK alignment issue.

A more likely scenario is that another company introduces a P3 competitor. And that is doubtful given the P3's head start.

- Mark

#2442 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Just doing a quick search, I found 14 patents related to the P3.

Technically, I co-hold several patents. I have the plaques and monetary bonus to prove it. The truth is I was sitting in the same team room as the inventor, and my company wanted everything to look like teamwork.

Anyway according to the real inventor: Patents are f'ing useless, as they just give the completion advanced warning of your intentions and cost too much to defend.

- Mark

P.S. For the first plaques we received: A set of managers presented the plaques to us in front of an audience and took some pictures. Then they took the plaques away from us! The next day we were presented the same plaques by a different set of managers who took more pictures. Again the plaques were taken away. Finally another set of managers presented the plaques to us, with yet more pictures. The whole thing was a bit humiliating because I didn't invent anything. However, I kept the cash!

#2466 12 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I just prefer a more grounded look to flippers floating over full motion video in the bottom third.

I don't have any of the mini-games, but for I don't recall much video action happening around/under the flippers and slings.

Maybe the scrolling cityscape in Heist...

- Mark

#2467 12 months ago

We were kind of speaking to this in the Discord group. I also having seen much of the game, think it would be incredible to add some leaderboard and achievements to track at the end of the game. Having only the highscores listed is really limiting and kinda diminishes your pursuit of other goals. There are so many things they could track as achievements in this game.
Most armored cars robbed in one game
Most Crane cash in one game
Longest Combo
Most crane hits in sidejob
Most loop hoots in crane sidejob
Most jewels in a single game
fastest time for ruby heist
Fastest time to earn all 5 characters
Largest Crane Multiball score
.....Police Multiball score...
and more and more and more
This, for me, would add alot of longevity and competition to the players in my home. Sometimes you have a great game and blow up the score and the no one in the house or friends group is going to chase it, but they can get other achievements and get there name on the board in other ways.
I hope we can add that in the future.

I think this is another episode of "Gerry Can't Win": I never said anything about it, but I remember thinking that the amount of stuff being tracked in Lexi was a bit much. They trimmed it back for Heist, and some folks want more.

- Mark

#2498 11 months ago
Quoted from boagman:

... and I'll quote him here: "It's built like a brick shit house."

That would be me!

I'm glad your joining the P3 Team.

With the engineering and process changes that I'm aware of (and many more I'm not aware of), I'm sure your P3 will be even better built than mine.

I hope your machine is delivered in the condition you expect. If it's not please understand that not all shipping damage is visible from the outside. Ex: A hard drop from a fork-lift.

- Mark

P.S. To follow-up on the new car analogy someone used above. One advantage cars have over pins is local dealerships who receive, inspect and repair the car before handing it over to the customer.

#2501 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad to hear this! What I'm confused about is how this even happened in shipping. Did something get disconnected/reconnected?

This issue probably wasn't shipping, but just a defective short-lived component on the circuit board.

I'm glad you got it identified.

I'm also glad Gerry is still able to get personally involved, I'm sure he's got a whole lot going on.

- Mark

#2507 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I joked about getting a lift to move the play fields when I first got the game. A “Hoyer” lift was being sold at a garage sale locally for a very low price. It is meant to lift people who can’t move on their own. It handles up to 400 lbs so obviously the heavy playfields are not an issue.
I didn’t get photos since I was moving the weird Al out by myself. But I used the setup below and it actually worked very nicely.
The white rubbers on the tips connect under the ramp (or OCPD building on heist) and provide a cushion if leaning against the wood. The black rubber protects the wood finger holes.
I have to do the initial lift to get it up a little above the play field. Then I attached the back two hooks under the back ramp and the front two to the black handle. It moved it up smoothly. I guided it with one hand while pumping it up with the other. Then rolled it away from the game where the playfield easily went over the side.
I put the box on the floor and lowered it into the box.
I put cannon lagoon in the “normal” way.
Next time I’ll have my wife or son help me guide it up and out smoother.
I haven’t tried putting weird Al back in (or heist). I’ll do that in a week or so and see how smooth it is, hopefully.
It is a game changer for me. I love the games but dreaded moving the heavy play fields. I considered selling the game if I was not going to want to change play fields. I know some of you will think it is overkill but I feel safer and it took me longer to write this post than to move the play field out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent repurposing!

#2517 11 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

does anyone know approximately how many p3 base systems are built per year ?

Gerry does!

But thus far he has not shared any production numbers with the public. P3 serial numbers are not sequential, to keep this info private.

- Mark

#2521 11 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Why would anyone care what the production numbers are?
What possible reason could anyone have for wanting to know those numbers?

In early days, I wanted reassurance that the P3 was going to be a success. I had invested a lot of $ in purchasing one, and I wanted to know if new playfield modules would keep flowing.

I'm now comfortable that playfield modules won't be an issue.

However, I'm still curious how many like minded people there are in the P3 club.

- Mark

#2535 11 months ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Guys guys guys.
My underwear is generally grey.
Except when the Longhorns are playing. Then it’s orange, baby!

Buddy...Buddy... Please see a Doctor.

#2536 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

How are these to work on vs traditional pins? I can see them being harder, but can also imagine them being easier.

Easier: If the bit that needs attention is on a playfield module: The ability to remove the module and work on it at a desk is a back saver!!!

Harder: Some of the playfield modules are very tightly packed, so you may have to remove a few bits to get at the bit that needs attention.

- Mark

#2563 11 months ago

Public company reporting requirements vs private company confidential information. If you're one of the few/minor Multimorphic investors, you're privy to our operational metrics.

The hot take: We'll likely build and ship more Final Resistance games than any modern pinball game... yes even more than Godzilla.

There are still those out there who think of the P3 as a niche system. Perhaps publicizing unit sales numbers would quash that myth.

- Mark

1 week later
#2646 11 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:shaker motor will just shake things apart and cause tons of problems with connectors and what not. Every game that has a shaker, magically has a ton of screws laying the bottom of the cabinet. you really want it shaking things loose that have push style connectors everywhere?

That has not been the case with my Godzilla (Sega 1998), the only older pin I have with a shaker motor.

However, I have an early P3, and I occasionally have to reseat a ribbon connector even without a shaker motor. (I believe Multimorphic now uses silicone or hot glue to keep problem ribbon cables in place.)

I recently added both a Shaker Motor and a Knocker to my Virtual Pinball Cabinet, and both make playing more exciting. I know they may sound silly in concept, but they work.

- Mark

#2665 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I've been having a bear of a time with VUKs and optos behaving erratically, and I finally figured out the semi-comical cause. I had about fifteen balls lined up in all the trough VUKs and many of the balls weren't showing up in diagnostics. This had happened many times before, causing random firings and jams md-game. Staring at them, something was clearly off. Staring at them super closely, I realized FIVE of the balls were small. Maybe 1" vs the standard 1 1/16" size. FIVE. I took them out, weighed them (65 grams vs 80 grams) and, replaced them with regular balls. Problem (so far) solved. Now I have to figure out where those balls came from, and if the other pins in my house are now randomly infected with them! I assume the person I bought the system from had some other pin projects going on an mixed the balls up.
Anyone know what a 65 gram, slightly smaller steel pinball would actually be used for?
(edit: I've discovered several uses, including in much older machines and using them for tilt mechanisms in older pins)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Any idea where they came from, and how they ended up in the P3?

#2669 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

The previous owner was involved with a lot of older machines at one point and I think these might have been mixed in. Having said that, I haven't heard back from him so I'm not sure. It's the last think I'd ever consider even existing in my house, let alone causing severe problems. But if you have a 1/16" difference x5 balls in a trough with a bunch of optos, things go wrong quickly! And erratically. I'm super relieved to find the culprit.

I would have never figured that out...

I hope you got a good deal for the "malfunctioning" P3!

2 weeks later
#2716 10 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I am picking up a MM Weird Al on Thursday. It looks like the width of the cabinet and back box is 34 3/4 and the opening to my wife’s Nissan Armanda is 34 1/2. Is there a way to undo the back box ? Sterns are pretty easy with just taking off the hindges.

I have the old backbox design (metal top, back and bottom), but it's less than 29" wide.

I doubt the new design is that much wider...

If you do have to remove it, it should be pretty easy. There are a lot less wires going between the head and body than a "normal" pin.

I know I removed my P3's head to make a repair at one point, but it was so long ago I don't remember what the repair was.

- Mark

1 week later
#2752 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just leave it on! I have had my P3 on (with Heist, Lexy, Al, CL and CCR playfields installed) for DAYS.

Just curious: How often does everyone swap playfields?

When I get a new playfield it can stay in for months!

- Mark

#2756 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I was wondering if this is ok to do. I’ve done overnight and the start button feels a bit warm when I do so wondering if it’s a bad habit to leave in for couple days in not

If your Lexi screen is intermittent, and is now working, I can understand leaving it on until your guests leave.

As an owner of a few older pins, I know that electronics can go bad just sitting there with the power *off*. Still, they will go bad faster with the power on. Heat will cause capacitors to dry out faster and so on.

Also the "air gap" power switch provides protection against power surges. Then there is the power and money savings of not leaving a pin on all the time.

Some may point out that the warm-up cycle is not a good thing, as the temp changes cause everything to expand and contract a different rates. I'm assuming only 1 or 2 power cycles per day, not dozens.

- Mark

#2763 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Got my Lexy yesterday. Needed some repairs after the shipping gorillas had their fun playing soccer with it. At least it’s functional. Ugggh.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just think how bad the damage would have been if it was not marked "Fragile"!

#2768 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Meh. I think the gorillas see it more as "challenge accepted" thing when they see fragile stamped all over a package.

Personally, When heavy things are involved, I've had a better experience with the purple & orange shipper than the brown & gold shipper.

Have you guys had a similar experience?

- Mark

#2770 10 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

The only trust worthy shipper is me, myself, and I.

How much to deliver a playfield module to the Detroit-Metro area? ; -)

#2774 9 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

you really wouldnt want to know.
And if you have to ask...

Darn! I was planning on adding some BBQ to my order, you would not believe what passes for BBQ around here.

3 weeks later
#2805 9 months ago
Quoted from Jousley:

... total hip replacement surgery.

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

- Mark

2 months later
#2947 6 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Now I can finally check out Heist Just in time for the long weekend.

That's great timing!

1 week later
#2970 6 months ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

...I changed the cmos battery...

Umm... It would not surprise me if there were a couple BIOS settings that would be updated in a bad way (reset to their default values) by changing the CMOS battery.

- Mark

#2991 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

My first time swapping out a PF (Weird Al to Heist). I like that it is a tool-less process. I may be missing something but it looks like I need to unscrew the panels around the artwork in the speaker panel, to swap that out. Any tricks/shortcut to doing this?

I have an older P3, but that should only be necessary if you have the art protectors installed.

- Mark

#3001 6 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Nice, thanks. I'd love to see ROCs get some timing adjustments in settings. It just takes too long for the ball to get to you when Heist or CCR are installed (maybe Al too, I haven't installed it yet) and the rocks are all over your flippers by the time it does on about level 7 onward. I've only had the P3 for two weeks but I've gotta play a round or two of ROCs every time the machine is on, so fun.
ps - Absolutely loving the P3 so far!

I don't own ROCs, I only played it during a short trial period a few years ago.

Would the correct fix be to not start gameplay until the ball hits the playfield?
(Like how some Heist modes don't start a ball is successfully served.)

- Mark

1 month later
#3118 5 months ago

This thread already had this conversation several times.

I still vote for a setting that allows each player to select their preferred button style at the start of each game. With appropriate names, of course.
Ex: For Heist: Boss Mode = 3 buttons, Rookie Mode = 2 buttons.

- Mark

#3119 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Being a 3d printed part...someone could design their own.... I'd be curious what people come up with. Could use non arcade buttons to get a thinner box and even different placement......

Not that I'll ever get around to it, but I already purchased a set of Pinball 2000 buttons with the intension of making custom button boxes.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pinball-2000-flipper-button-assembly.html

- Mark

#3125 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I would pay 100-200 dollars for custom button boxes that allow me to move the white buttons for both sides to the position pictured. If I had the know-how, and equipment to make them… they would be in the works now. Can someone make this happen?
[quoted image]

@gstellenberg: Please consider selling P3 button box "blanks" (without button holes), so P3 owners can easily customize the button placement.

- Mark

1 month later
#3255 3 months ago

The P3's head is easier to remove than any old-school pin (far fewer connectors).

It's also heaver than any other pin I've moved. If there are stairs involved: Remove the play field module and the play field monitor.

- Mark

#3259 3 months ago

Yup. Heist.

- Mark

#3264 3 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I’m surprised for the Heist love...

Even in something as niche as pinball, there is plenty of room for different tastes and preferences. Ex: With a few exceptions, I'll pass on most EMs.

For me: Heist's gameplay is so engaging that it changed the goal of the game from scoring points to preforming heists.

- Mark

#3280 3 months ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

... I think the one thing we can all agree on is the absolutely world class voice acting of Cop #4 in Heist. You can really feel the passion, intensity and what we’ll just assume is Julliard-level training that went into that performance. Just chef’s kiss.
I believe this is the one opinion that will heal all rifts in the pinball hobby.

Amen!

1 week later
#3296 88 days ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Like Spooky offers butter cabs as an option at the time of ordering, I wish direct printed and clear coated module playfields were an option for a fee.

I haven't had any signs of wear on my P3 playfields, but I would like a factory Mylar option. (I don't know if clearcoat would work on P3 playfields, as they use decals rather than screen printing.)

I installed whole playfield protectors on my other pins. (I even designed one for Class of 1812.) But I can't imagine the work that would be required to install one on Heist or Weird Al, those are some busy playfields.

- Mark

#3308 87 days ago

Assuming that Multimorphic is going to continue to use decals for playfield artwork, I would prefer that all future playfield modules came with factory Mylar.

Who would prefer that their modules remain Mylar free and why?

I understand that the look may not be for everyone. Also, Mylar can be difficult to remove from a painted playfield, I bet it would be impossible to remove from a decal.

- Mark

#3313 86 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wax first. No reason the playfield decal thing can't be waxed just like a playfield. Mylar becomes much easier to remove.

Thank you for the tip!

- Mark

#3324 84 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was told it's princess bride.

It's a great movie that I've watched a half dozen times.

If the rumor is true: I can see why Multimorphic would want such a great family oriented theme. It's probably the second most quoted movie ever (behind Office Space).

I'd reluctantly buy it, because I don't think the old men I hang out with would appreciate it.

I hope they follow-up with a more adult oriented (but non-horror) theme.

- Mark

#3358 78 days ago

I have a slightly different perspective on CCR perhaps because I suck at pinball.

Also, I've only played the main games released by Multimorphic.

It's supposed to be a flow game, but it has a lot of posts. So a typical ball for me was brick, brick, brick, brick, brick, brick, drain.

I sold mine to help pay for my Weird Al, and have no regrets.

- Mark

2 weeks later
#3441 63 days ago

Well *someone* has the license...

This card was packed in with some (non-P3) parts I ordered from Pinball Life.

- Mark

20240125_212050 (resized).jpg20240125_212050 (resized).jpg20240125_212102 (resized).jpg20240125_212102 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=Shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.