IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #132 NEWS: Multimorphic 2018 game issues summary Posted by gstellenberg (5 years ago)

Post #969 NEWS: Bowen Kerins and Colin McAlpine joining the team Posted by PinballTilt (2 years ago)

Post #1773 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Switching Modules how-to video Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #2996 NEWS: Games available breakdown for each module Posted by Rdoyle1978 (7 months ago)

Post #3054 TECH: CABINET. How to remove cabinet head Posted by DigitalJedi084 (6 months ago)

Post #3099 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Upper and lower flippers single button setting Posted by gstellenberg (6 months ago)

Post #3198 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Weird Al right ramp continuously going up and down fix Posted by bingopodcast (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

309 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 2.
#519 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Actually, each rectangle is a pair: one "scoop" and one wall. They can all be raised individually and each wall / scoop can be lit individually with RGB LEDs. If the game raises one scoop, that flat rectangular piece raises up and you can shoot the ball into it. Each scoop also has a vertical wall in front of it, which is used to create barriers that block segments of the upper playfield.
For example, there's a mini-game called ROCS where all the scoops and walls raise up. This keeps the ball trapped on the lower playfield and you are tasked with hitting virtual targets on the LCD. Once you complete your objective, one of the walls lowers and you need to shoot the ball into the exposed scoop. Similarly, there is a mode in Lexy where you're in a warehouse and you need to smash crates and collect the contents by rolling over them on the LCD. All the scoops are up and 2 are exposed by lowering their corresponding wall. One scoop leads to the next room, and the other allows to you go back the prior room, in case you left before collecting all the parts.
CCR uses these 1 or 2 at a time to create blockages to the ramps or as a special hurry-up shot to hit. Heist! uses them in different ways as well. If you watch Gerry's stream (which was on Dead_Flip's Twitch channel) it shows multiple creative uses of the scoops and walls.

This whole platform is really fascinating. How does the game keep track of the balls when hitting targets represented on the LCD?

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

An IR sensor grid.
[quoted image]
Here's an old article by Pinball news that steps through lots of detail about the platform: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/12/31/p3-in-depth-review/

That is a great and very thorough article! I’ll have to read more later. Looks like with Heist, Multimorphic has found the sweet spot between traditional pinball and what is clearly a next level version of it. Wow!

9 months later
#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I responded to your post within an hour of you posting it, and while I was typing, 2 people from Multimorphic beat me to it...on a public forum. At 10pm on a Friday no less. Did I mention their support was awesome?
Gerry and TJ need to get a life!

Support is outstanding at MM!

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Super excited to be in the club as well as to get the P3 showing on some location play in Northern Virginia, it will be at Reclaim Arcade in Fredericksburg when we open end of January. Thanks ecw0930 not only for the help but highlighting that question even before I got here! I did go back and watch BuffaloPinball's unboxing video and saw him gently push down on his Heist playfield to secure so I'm sure that's all it is on mine, will get that done. The machine is so impressive and excited to dig in more on all that's possible. And a huge thanks to gstellenberg and the whole team, super responsive by email and easy to work with.

This is exciting! I can't wait to take a trip down there to check out how you have the machine set up. People will love it!

1 month later
#549 3 years ago

P3 experts: I have had this happen A LOT. Lately (upper left). It’s annoying but would be better if there was a ball search.. but that seems to not be happening on my machine at all.

I’ve had enough weird things happen lately where I’m wondering if there’s an opto out somewhere.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

What do I do to level this better? The ball is getting stuck ALL. THE. TIME. Behind that one trap. Can I lower it somehow?

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I had that issue with the Heist playfield after removing and installing it many times. The issue was a nut on the far left side front of the playfield module had fallen off in one of the removal/replacements, which caused it to sag a small fraction. Replacing the nut fixed it for me.
If that doesn't do the trick for you, does it do it for other modules? If so, then there is a wiki document detailing how to relevel scoops/walls that might help.
As to other issues, can you post what they might be? If ball is not diverting properly you may have a blown fuse on the PD-16.
You may wish to open support tickets for your issues - I've had very good response time from MM regarding issues. Faster than I am able to actually address, in most cases.

Thanks Nick, I will check on that nut you mentioned. I don’t have any other playfields to test them unfortunately.

MM support is amazing! Every issue I’ve had (which were fairly few, and at least one was self-inflicted) they had a tutorial ready to go, and everything well explained and easy to adjust. Just happened to be on here while standing in front of the machine so I posted. The ball search not kicking off is a bit annoying; not sure what the story is on that. I’ve had a number of unrecoverable bugs lately, where the game just stops responding. One was when starting the Demolition/Explosives mode - the game got confused and never kicked out a ball, and I’ve had one or two other showstoppers where I had to reset the game.

Even so, I play Heist almost every night! Great game, hoping to see some updates eventually

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Looks like potentially two problems:
1) Why is the playfield lower than the aluminum block? The front tab of the playfield is what's locked in place by the latch. That should hold the playfield exactly level with the aluminum block unless the tab isn't flush with the playfield anymore. That's probably what happened in bingopodcast's case if the nut holding the rail in place fell off. If you remove the ball and take some detailed pics of the interface between the front edge of the playfield and the latch, we might be able to see what the issue is.
2) Why doesn't ball search run. Best guess is your touchscreen playfield area is seeing grid activity. Go into Diagnostics -> Ball Tracking and see if any lines are blinking sporadically. If so, there could be something partially blocking an opto transmitter or receiver (you can swivel down the front door and look underneath the hanging mechanisms to see if there's a good gap between the playfield surface and the lowest parts of the hanging mechs/cables/etc). Otherwise, maybe the ball tracking timing needs a tweak (from memory, I think it's Settings -> Mechs -> BallTracking).
If these answers don't lead you to solutions, feel free to email us directly at [email protected], and we can dig in and then follow up here with the solutions.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Thanks Gerry, just saw this. I will take a look at the ball tracking! Haven’t had to remove the playfield in a while so I’ll check how it’s sitting on that rail. So much to still learn about these games and the platform!

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Hey P3 Owners. New to the club! Just took delivery on my new machine with Lexi, Heist and CCR. Spent a week+ on Heist before even cracking open Lexi. Been everything i could have asked for up to this point - especially with a bit of help from Gerry on a small issue with my Heist crane. Talk about some incredible customer service!!
I've got a question - pretty sure it's not a PF issue, but rather a "new user" issue. On Lexi, roughly 75% of my attempts up the left ramp fail. Almost seems as if there's something slowing the ball down. Then, when not trying, it flies up with ease. Is there a lock you need to clear before you can access the ramp? I see the arrow colors on the left ramp switch between blue and red, but have never figured it out. Does the color of the arrow matter? Typically make 1 alien attack/game if i'm lucky - but actually had a game with 5 attacks. Don't know what the hell i did to achieve that.
Appreciate any feedback from those with more experience.

Welcome to the club! Looking at getting a new playfield eventually - sounds like I can't go wrong with either Lexy or CCR!

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Definitely both great options. If I had to pick only one playfield, it would be tough. I think Lexy is one of the most underrated pinball games available (not just P3). It's probably my favorite P3 game. Mode-based gameplay where each mode feels totally different and uses all the different P3 tech. Also has an AFM-like kill the aliens track. If it was game vs. game against just CCR, I'd pick Lexy hands down.
BUT...
The CCR playfield offers up a lot of fun beyond just the base game. CCR 2.0 is a huge improvement over the initial release. Career mode is the CCR bread-and-butter at this point, and the Arcade mode (racing only) is a fun break, which also includes the online racing option for when someone organizes a race party.
On top of that, the CCR playfield has Ranger in the Ruins which is a basic game, but it's the best bang for the buck on the P3.
And...a little birdy has hinted that there may be more fun to come for the CCR playfield.
So, Lexy has one killer mode-based game. CCR has a variety of fun non-mode-based games.

That did not help!!!

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Lol, not to complicate your decision, but you have to give serious consideration to Heist (if you don't already have it). Amazing - and incredibly challenging - game play. Can't get my family off the machine when Heist is installed!

Already have Heist

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'd pick based on your desired playstyle.
Lexy is a mode-based game. The modes are fun and HUGELY diverse. One mode raises the walls and is all about hitting virtual targets with the ball, then moving to the next room through an open scoop. Super fun. Another mode kills the flipper hold, so you can't trap balls. It's just rapid-fire target shooting. It also has the alien attack ladder, which has an AFM (shoot the middle) vibe to it, and it has a physical 8-ball lock. Really fun to try loading up the entire saucer for the 8-ball. But good luck keeping them all going if you do.
The multiball is a fun risk-reward because you kill(?) more agents per jackpot with more balls in play, so not cashing in on 2- or 3-ball multi can make a big difference. Given that the saucer shot (where you start multiball) is one of the easiest in the game, it has you actively trying to avoid the gimme shot to try and light more locks. Because, if you don't get all the agents in multiball, each subsequent multiball requires more hits to light the lock, so there's definitely some strategy on how/when to go for it.
The CCR playfield is all about flow. Seriously, Steve Ritchie ain't got nothin' on how this layout flows. Really fun, but almost no stop-and-go, so you need to like that style. All current games on this playfield take advantage of the layout by not really having modes, or anything that would require the ball to stop for long. CCR Career mode has the shop where you can upgrade your cart, but honestly, I just quickly click through it and get back to the action. Namely, because I don't think this is implemented all that well. I never have enough money, and when I do, I spend it on race entry fees. I've never felt hampered by not upgrading my cart. I also don't feel like the character you select matters much, even though they have moderately different stats. When I hit shots, I win races. When I'm bricking, I don't. Cart stats (starting or upgrades) aren't very noticeable to me, and I'm honestly not sure if I wish they were or not. I guess I probably wish money was more plentiful (jobs paid more) and upgrading carts was more necessary. Until then, I don't worry about it. Just let her rip. Playfield can also lock 3 balls magnetically on the ramp. Way cool!
And I can't state enough that EVERY owner of a CCR playfield needs to own RitR. It's just a mini-game (sorta), but the vibe and music are so perfectly implemented. It's a 1-ball game (at least by default) so it's quick and fun. It's all about finding and discovering new items. This is the only game where I have purposely avoided watching anything streamed because I didn't want to spoil figuring out the various items. Super fun.
So, TOTALLY different types of layout and style of games. Hopefully there will be some software-only games on the Lexy playfield as well, but either way, prioritize based on how you like to play. Modes, and risk-reward multiball - or fast flow for days.

Ok, I think you finally convinced me! Most of my games are stop-and-go, and even though I try to play Heist with a lot of flow - I have a really hard time controlling the ball in that game - it's more of a stop-and-go as well.

And I think I have a version of RitR waiting for me anyway from Nick's original release, so that pretty much seals the deal!

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

FINALLY! I finally collected a jewel after a Heist. Man, I have choked on that shot so many times. Just the amethyst, but now the pressure is off. "Sweet sassi-molassi!"

Wow! I still suck at this game so badly, I can barely START a heist, even on 5-ball.

Questions though:
- does the game ever award extra balls?
- do the jewels and MacGuffins do anything in game other than points?
- any updates on the horizon?

I've had a couple of game lock-ups (twice had to shut the game down), and a couple other bugs - one time I started the Demo guy's mode and no balls ever released, it just kept cycling the mode start up music - after about 10 minutes I shut the game down. Never happened since though.

One gameplay bug in particular is that in finishing the Demolition guy's mode, the ball drains from the pops but the scoop always blocks the ball, so I can never collect his MacGuffin. That one happens a *lot*

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I had it on 5 ball for the first week or two. Once I got the shots and nudging down, I went back to 3 ball. 5 ball was just too long. I did install the center post (needed it for Lexy...super deep game) and closed the outlanes just a smidge. Not sure about the extra balls. And completed Demo for first time tonight. My pops are a bit weak, which I have read is a problem. Need to adjust the switch to make it more sensitive. That may be your problem. I've had a ball hang up in the pop skirt before. That would delay ball coming down. Something to think about.

Thanks! I have a number of things I need to adjust, but just don't have time right now. I try to play at least a couple of games every day - usually Heist is the only game I turn on!

#583 3 years ago

The current code does not have extra balls.
Jewels are just points. MGs are points and will provide advantages in wizard mode.
We're working on a major update that will include this 'wizard mode', which is pretty much an entire second game. Because this wasn't in the original release, we made it fairly difficult to collect all of the characters. When the new release is out, we'll make it easier to qualify and break characters out of jail. We're not publicly guessing when the release will be out, but we have a team of people working on it. It will easily be the deepest and best thematically integrated 'wizard mode' ever in pinball.
Please submit logs for any weird occurrences, like the lockups and non-launching DemoMan mode. Next time you're in attract mode, please make sure to change the setting Info -> Logging Level to All (safe to do in home environments, we default it to less verbose for locations). Then the next time an issue occurs, please exit the game (or power cycle), go to System Manager -> Manage software/apps -> Heist -> Copy Logs to USB. Then send us the Player.log file from P3Logs/Multimorphic, Inc./Heist.
The logs are incredibly helpful when looking for issues like lockups that we haven't been able to reproduce here.
- Gerry

Psyched to hear more about this ultimate wizard mode!

I'm glad to hear there will be some changes to earning the characters - the game IS pretty hard. It seems like a nice balance would be between not being TOO easy where it's boring, and not being a Flash Gordon type game where you're wondering "wait, that was ball THREE ALREADY!?"

Can do, will do re: logs.

One other suggestion from the family was about starting multiballs - Both police multiball and Crane multiball are pretty tough to start - maybe one or the other could be a bit easier? I seem to recall that in Hobbit, you can start Smaug multiball multiple times, and it remembers where you are. Perhaps this is a way to go with Crane -make it easier to start but harder to complete. (yeah I know, easy for me to say!)

Also, my kid pointed out that he was expecting Police multiball to have different, "intense" (my word) music starting when the sirens do.

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Isn't starting crane multiball about collecting enough money? There are already settings for changing the volume and value of the dollar bills, which I think I was the impetus behind. I wanted aiming for the bills to be more purposeful. I think a few high value bills is more fun than a cloud of cheap bills. It forces you to aim for the bills when they're there versus knowing your ball will roll over most of them and the rest aren't valuable enough to risk shooting for. Heist doesn't really use virtual targets much, so this seemed like a way to incorporate it into the gameplay a bit more.
That said, you could crank up the volume and value of money to be whatever you want to make crane easier to start.

Aah, I seem to have overlooked those settings. VERY good idea with the multiple values - adds another layer to the concept. Thanks!

I have noticed in studying CCR and Lexy that the virtual targets are far more in use in those games - that's not a knock, as I think Heist has a good balance with what could be overwhelming with too much going on in the playfield - but it is an interesting difference.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Has any Heist owner removed their coin door and installed a safe? I always thought that would be a cool mod.

MOD OPPORTUNITY!!

(heaviest mod ever!)

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Isn't starting crane multiball about collecting enough money? There are already settings for changing the volume and value of the dollar bills, which I think I was the impetus behind. I wanted aiming for the bills to be more purposeful. I think a few high value bills is more fun than a cloud of cheap bills. It forces you to aim for the bills when they're there versus knowing your ball will roll over most of them and the rest aren't valuable enough to risk shooting for. Heist doesn't really use virtual targets much, so this seemed like a way to incorporate it into the gameplay a bit more.
That said, you could crank up the volume and value of money to be whatever you want to make crane easier to start.

Ok, so I looked today - and I have v0.92 installed - but where are these settings for the volume and value of the bills? Looked through the "gameplay" section but also all the other settings menu items. What am I looking for here?

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:Has anyone made a P3 playfield caddy similar to what crile1 's friend made? He's no longer taking orders and I'd be interested in either buying one or building one of my own based on available plans if there are any. [quoted image]

curious about this too. What does everyone do with their extra PFs when they are not in the game ?

#597 3 years ago

Looks like 2x4 and 1x1s. Playfield appears to hang on the front/rear 2x4 corners, and lean back into the center supports. Should be fairly easy to take some measurements and cut to appropriate size.
I might make some and put some t-nuts and small wheels or casters on them to facilitate moving in a tight area.

I leave mine in the shipping box, and swap back and forth. I like that they are enclosed on all sides, but it's a bit more hassle than something like the above.

Good ideas, Nick. This doesn't look tricky to build at all - it's getting the dimensions right. Casters sounds like a DAMN good idea!

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I still use the original cardboard boxes... That said, I thought Multimorphic would have a solution by now.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. it IS a major factor currently overlooked... but there are also pretty obvious solutions for it. At this stage in the game, I'd far prefer MM to work on bugs and game enhancements than storing of the PFs - there are legal/liability issues with supporting a particular 3rd party option, and a MM-baked solution may not be worth it . Cardboard box for now... F-it, I need to buy another module so I can see what it's like.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, knowing Multimorphic, when they do produce a storage container, it will have 1000 RGB LEDs, Mag-lev playfield cushioning, swappable side artwork and internet and bluetooth connectivity.

I'm in! Haha

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I disagree.
The software team doesn't need to be involved with the mechanical team.
I'm 90% sure the mechanical team is already working on the next game... but it isn't hard to break off and go work on a mechanical solution to module storage.
That said; I consider several on the Multimorphic team friends... so I may just be confusing my thoughts with conversations of the past... which may or may not have been under NDA.
About the time a 3rd party solution comes out; they'll announce something official.

You're right - I didn't think about the hardware vs. software team. My impression is there's an all-hands-on-deck attitude at MM, which is great. I need to do my part too and send some logs in.

Really wanting to get into a new game.. taking my time ordering a new playfield until we find out what the cost is for our new tile

#612 3 years ago

I would be fine with either - I fight the flaps often.
My gameroom has rubber flooring, so sliders wouldn't work well. It would need wheels of some kind. A carrier that slides under the machine is probably best from a storage space standpoint (and that's where my boxes are currently). A rack would be easier (less bending). So for me, it's a toss up. I would use either.

Personally, I'd go for the crawler option which slides under the game. I know some folks don't' like stuff under their games, but I store a lot of parts and tools under mine - just don't have the space. The rack sounds awesome, but it does cause you to take up some additional space in your room, which would seem to go a bit sideways against the MM selling point vis-à-vis "one cabinet, many games".

#615 3 years ago

I did it ! CCR ordered!! Now, how big are these new playfield boxes?

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Congrats! Game boxes fit under the P3.

I’ve been wanting to do this since the release of the network play code. Looking forward to smoking you guys! (LOL... er, eventually)

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

And I'm going to go a bit against the grain, here, and say that you should keep the difficulty level up high where it is, *especially* where starting multiballs are concerned. I think that one of the things that's been lost over the last 30+ years or so of pinball is the idea that not everything should be attainable on every play, for every player/person. Multiball used to be the SINGULAR OBJECTIVE of a machine, the main goal where you built, and built, and built to, and then made it pay off IF YOU COULD. Oh, you might have a 2-ball quickie interspersed somewhere in there for giggles and light entertainment, but they didn't call it "Quick Multiball" for nothing, you know?
Starting multiball should be an *achievement*. A mile marker. A triumph. Otherwise, it just becomes a cheap thing that everybody can get pretty much regardless of skill level...the "consolation" award that Data East started offering many years ago was, in this man's opinion, a mistake. These days, with several multiballs offered by each machine, it could still be said that multiball is cheapened enough already...do we *really* need to dumb it down too much more? MAKE IT TOUGH TO ACHIEVE.
Allowing for earned EBs could be a help, yes, but don't cheapen the journey to, or the award of, multiball. The dynamics of the game are good as-is, I think: I mean, one of the multiballs is actually *subtractive* in nature, something that I do not believe has ever been done/tried before, and is used here to *terrific* effect!!! You actually *want* to get back down to one ball, and have multiball end by your shooting shots...not draining balls. It's very different, and quite cool.
Multiball should *not* be for everyone...multiball should be for winners, folks. Practice, practice, and practice some more. Don't cheapen it.

Appreciate this take on it - however I do think it's important to keep in mind that not everybody is a wizard. I am interested in continuing to keep the family engaged, and a lot of times this means making games easier. Heist is more difficult to start (and certainly to win) modes than every other game in our collection (POTC, EHOH, MB, Houdini, TZ, DW) and in order to let my son (who is 11 and far more interested in Fortnite and Minecraft than pinball) have fun with the game, I need to set it easier. Telling him "Practice, practice, and practice some more" is a non-starter. There are far too many other things to do that these games are competing with - even in my own house! So finding that middle ground is important. Just bouncing the ball around and *never* being to start a mode is frustrating, when he can walk over to EHOH and start up a movie in 2 shots straight up the middle.

So for me, yeah, I get it - I'll practice. I'm into it. But that's not everyone who walks up to these machines.

That said, keep the default settings hard. But that's why there ARE changeable settings.

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

I wouldn't waste too much time/effort trying to force a kid to like something by dumbing it down. He/she's either drawn to it and likes/accepts the challenge of it as-is, or they just aren't that into it. If they can "do" everything that the game has to offer, what long-term effect does that have on the draw of the game of pinball as a whole?
Again, though, it's your basement/household, and you can do what you like/what you think is best, but having everything handed to you does not, to my mind, create an enduring challenge or hold the interest of basically anyone. I mean, why read the whole book when you can just skip to the end and find out what happens, right?
If the kid wants to play Fortnite instead of pinball, let him. When he's older, and his friends mature away from the run-of-the-mill entertainment, he's going to want to be able to keep up with the Joneses, so to speak. Don't dumb pinball down to its shallowest point just to show someone that, by pressing the start button, you can make the machine do what you want. That isn't what pinball is about, and never has been.

Wow. Pinball is certainly not about life lessons. I'm just trying to spend some time with my kid, and I don't like playing video games all the time. But YDY

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Loving this discussion in the club thread.
@Rdoyle have you set up a profile for your kid? You can create a profile with easier rules just for him.

You know, I didn’t realize the settings were per profile. Good idea!

#635 3 years ago

Question - is there a best practice for using the leveling program that's in the settings? I'm confused as to whether I should read the top level or the bottom level (or middle), and the levels keep bouncing up and down so fast I can't read them.

My L/R is pretty steady at 0, but the vertical oscillates between 6 and 7.2 or so.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, I was actually joking about this. The P3 system started the whole co-op thing years ago, but many people who played TMNT think it's a new idea Stern stole from TNA.

Dang, I didn't know that either. Very cool.

#642 3 years ago

+1 to the P3 game collection!
[quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!! I'm right behind you, CCR coming tomorrow!

#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Possibly the most under-appreciated game in all of pinball. There literally isn't another game with as much mode diversity. Great use of the walls/scoops and the virtual targets in certain modes. I love the nods (whether intentional or not) to AFM. The alien modes are like killing saucers and the lights out multiball reminds me of AFM's strobe multiball. I can understand if rednecks turn you off, but the voice acting is better in Lexy than Heist.
Congrats!

Wow! And I got my CCR today too!! Wooooo

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Buy RitR immediately. Best bang for the buck on the P3. bingopodcast crushed it. Super fun.

Haven’t had a chance to install yet but if I recall correctly there was a giveaway of RitR when Nick did his release ... I believe Mr Silver picked my name out of a hat (er, figuratively).. which went a tiny bit into my decision. But you guys are making me wish I bought Lexy too! Maybe in a Few months

1 week later
#688 3 years ago

You guys are killing me.. Now I feel like I should get Lexy just so I can fill up a caddy! Maybe when one of the games has a code update

#691 3 years ago

-- or Multimorphic will have developed an official non-shipping-box storage solution by then.

So THAT’s what the NDAs were all about!

1 week later
#711 3 years ago

Now about that Heist software update...
- Gerry

Wait a minute... you just snuck that in there

#718 3 years ago

So how about that Heist update ?

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just swung by SevenEightyRacer 's house and played P3.... I'm not sure how I tilted Heist as the cab never moved... damn it. heist was sooooooo fun, awesome, and addicting. But out of no where ranger in the ruins , that damn game had me pushing start OVER AND OVER. I didn't get to spend more than 2 games on cosmic kart and lexi, which sucks but Yup.... need to sell this ac/dc so I can join this club

I'm inclined to agree, Heist has set a high bar, and IMO the #2 game on the P3 is definitely RitR. Haven't played Lexi, but my understanding is that as you get farther into the game, the modes and action gets better and better. Multimorphic made a smart move putting a lot of that stuff more up front with Heist.

#726 3 years ago

Curious if anyone's considered adding light diffusers to the CCR ramps ? I wanted to get that "Tron" look, but EL wire isn't addressable anyway, so I figured I might try some opaque tape at first, just to get an idea.

Hey Gerry how come there aren't any 3D models of the CCR cars? I'd love to splatter them all over the game

#737 3 years ago

Wondering if there's anyone in my (Wash. DC) area who's got a Lexy and would do a temp trade for CCR? (or host a couple games) I just wanted to try LL out.

4 months later
#755 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Playfield management would be simplified if the playfields shipped in custom hard plastic suitcases. Like handgun cases with foam inserts.
Would increase upfront cost a little, but it would be the best solution.
Sorry to post in an owners thread, but i may very well become an owner in the next week or two. Just waiting on some shipping quotes.

road cases! The playfields already are well-packed with tons of foam. They are *big* which is the main issue. The boxes dont' take up that much more space than the playfields themselves. I just have mine stacked (in the boxes) elsewhere in the room. It's not that big of a deal.

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

C'mon gstellenberg ....you teased us in June. Waiting (im)patiently!
Any update on the new playfield you're developing??
[quoted image]

There's a couple little tiny drips of info in the other thread

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm in! Can i play in your fort now? Is there a secret password?
Are there any girls here?
Do we chuck rocks at those Haggis guys or anyone who attacks the fort?
Wait a sec....i'm a Haggis guy too.

LOL are there any girls here..

Did you get your machine?

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I wish. Paid the deposit just now, 3 months lead time and then 8 weeks on the water.

Ooof. Well it will be worth it!

I’ve been going crazy playing Grand Slam Rally lately, super simple game but that’s kind of the point. I would never buy something like Slugfest and lose a spot on the floor for a deeper game, but I really like playing it. Now that’s pretty much solved!

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya!!! Great to hear! I have the CL playfield and want GSR! I feel like it would be a good party game too. Maybe play for dollars

CL is a great party game too but it’s definitely set up for more of a redemption arcade setup. Super unique

#783 2 years ago

All right, this is getting out of hand! I’ll just say if it’s a soundtrack replacement of double-super-jackpot on all P3 games I am OUT lol

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Do I need voodo glass on these games?I have it on all my games but this one not sure?
Thanks

Officially: not recommended due to the playfield LCD screen. I personally have never tried to install voodoo/invisiglass but do have it on my other games. Unofficially - I'd say you don't really need it anyway. Plus the P3 glass has those fancy rounded edges!

You'll find some games you really like, and some you don't. No big deal really. Just pick another game! I do suggest you give it time, too. Check back on this thread and ask about setup when you get the machine. I had a couple things incorrectly set up on mine, and it was making a major impact on the game, and of course it turns out they were stupid simple adjustments, dramatically improved all my games.

** DO ** make sure you give yourself sufficient clearance to remove/install the playfields. They are a little heavy, and you do need a good amount of space in between games to fit it in. A step (not a step stool, just a small single step) is helpful to get the height needed. the playfields are not THAT heavy but they can be unwieldy until you get used to it.

#792 2 years ago

I have Voodoo glass on my P3 and I like it a lot, FWIW.

Do you notice a difference with it ? I mean more so / less so than with a traditional game ?

#796 2 years ago

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time ruining rangers.
Luckily, the platform allows for different tastes to coexist! I've made three very different styles of games thus far and am making a full module for my fourth.
Perhaps you might enjoy one of the others, perhaps not, but I think it's great that there's a breadth of content that continues to expand (and thank you for giving RITR a play).

Yeah I missed the part where you’re making a module! How will that get manufactured?

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hope one of them is not mirco.

Roasted.

#801 2 years ago

I'm exploring a variety of options. (look for a thread soon)

Cool, very interesting!

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I just realized I didn't post in here that I got my P3 a few weeks ago!

Nice ! Give us the breakdown

1 month later
#828 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Shattered. Email from multimorphic in my inbox this morning got me jumping up and down in my chair.
Great news about the wifi update, but not the news about game being ready to ship i was hoping for.

LOL sorry your game isn’t shipping yet

Got the same email though, MM has blown past JJP with these updates!

#833 2 years ago

Updated System Manager / Launcher finally. It is SUPER cool to be able to just click through the menus and download directly! Worked flawlessly too. Well done, wow!

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I believe you are getting the combo with Heist ,CC,and lexy,I love them all,I have cannon lagoon also and am saving up for the pitch and bat game that uses that module,p3 is so different from conventional games, when you hear all the ball clanking into the steel pan and popping balls from everywhere,I have voodoo glass and a Polk sub on mine,good stuff.
I know the initial investment is rough but when you see the quality and weight of the p3 ,when you pull the playfield up for the first time you will realize this thing is a Marvolus machine,
Be sure you pull the playfield up using both Arms ,I made the mistake to just use one arm and tweaked my neck.
It’s a beast.

Grand Slam Rally is REALLY REALLY fun. I put in the CL playfield specifically to play it, and I don’t even like baseball that much! It is SO different from all the other games its amazing to have the diversity

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Would you says it’s more fun than cannon!

I do like it more than CL, yes

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The problem is the price. How a pitch and bat on the CL playfield costs only $100 less than Sorcerer's Apprentice, which is a really cool FULL game makes no sense. GSR is literally the only P3 game I don't own. GSR should be priced more in the range of Nick's games.

Totally understand and agree for the most part. At the time, there was no precedent as far as what to price new games, and if I’m not mistaken, each developer gets to set his/her own price point. Also at the time, there were basically no other games available, so it made sense to try and make it worthwhile for a developer to create a new game. IMO GSR is priced more like what a game would need to be set in order to pay back development costs - perhaps that’s less now; and Nick appears to be an unusually efficient programmer, so it’s hard to compare exactly.

Now that SA is out and SF, and RITR, it’s hard to spend a lot more on one game.

But for me, I already own it, and I think it’s great fun, so I dont care about the price at this point.

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Youtube of Rocs is what pushed me into the purchase. Just love the concept of the pinball/arcade mashup, even though i have not one iota of interest in arcades.

Pretty much same for me. I still wish there was a way to make ROCs a little faster, but putting in the CL playfield helps

1 week later
#858 2 years ago

Thanks for the write up Michael!

Great fun spending time with you at the show; lots of great questions, and I hope you do end up with a P3 some time in your future! It’s a big investment at first but starts to make a lot of sense very quickly …

#864 2 years ago

Join the Discord group gentlemen; lots of tips and a healthy dose of fooling around on there.. haha

#867 2 years ago

CCR module can do head-to-head over the internet. Not sure which other modules can yet.

There's another one, more like a mini-game which may eventually be released. Really fun

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can you tell me how you use the machine? What modules do you have?
Do you swap from module to module and game to game a lot, or do you find your self mostly playing the same games/modules?

Not sure who you were asking, but for me it greatly depends on how much space is around the machine. If it’s jammed in next to other machines I don’t change it as often - but once I realised this I built a little shelf which can hold the play fields and I just grab one and pull the other out, swap, back, done. It takes about 90 seconds.

So anyway sometimes I will swap 2 or 3 times if I’m playing for a while, but mostly I leave the same one in for a while. There are so many games for each play field that you can leave any one in there for a long period and just go to the launcher and switch instead of pulling the play field.

CCR has 3 great games for it (Ranger in the Ruins and Sorceror’s being the other 2), so it stays in a lot. the other 2 games are so great even if you don’t like CCR you can have a blast.

IMO Heist is the most “traditional” pinball type game and the rules are easiest to grasp. Badass game

1 week later
#896 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Any suggestions on how to get the game to recognise the module that's in it? Any cables i should reseat etc?
[quoted image]

Unplug and re-plug the 3 cables at the back of the playfield ASAP!

#901 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There was one of the three plugs in the heist module loose, looked like a phone plug. Is there supposed to be only three sockets on the heist playfield?
It worked sorta ok for a few games and then the flippers died mid ball and won't start back up.

There are only 3 of the 4 plugs used, the Ethernet plug (the one that looks like a telephone plug) is not used.

When my Heist playfield came, some of the connections on the actual circuit boards had shaken loose. When you get a chance, pull the play field out and take a photo of the rear underside of the play field where there are a bunch of other connections. One may be loose there too

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Flippers were the usb coming loose all by itself again i think.
Now Lexie playfield won't work, constant ball search.
sigh...

Sorry man!

I know Gerry is at expo but it may be worth emailing Multimorphic support. I’m not sure if TJ is working Expo but most of the time they are super fast at responding. This sounds like it’s just some connection that came loose. Can you
Take a photo of inside the backbox ?

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

That photo looks pretty good. There are I think 3 USB cables which plug into the computer - that’s the only thing I can’t see. I believe on mine it is 1 black cable and 2 grey/beige cables.

Is the game now recognizing that you have a particular playfield installed at least ?

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is there a way to do a rest or something on these?
It's seized on rocs and powering up and down does nothing and no buttons work now. Started by a game of rocs blowing up and one scoop wouldn't reset, now nothing happens.

Just turn the game off and on again. Every once in a while mine freezes when I’ve opened the coin door too quickly

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, what i'm saying is powering the game back on and off get's me to the frozen rocs screen. I can't get out of it.

That is very strange - undoubtedly you have a button locked on. Man I hope you get this worked out! Shit luck the game arrived the week of expo, but MM support will get you fixed up, (im not going to suggest they typically work weekends though) I’ve had issues and they followed up repeatedly - then again checked back with me weeks later to ensure it was Resolved.

#930 2 years ago

Super disappointing to get a game and not have it working! Maybe you can take a few videos and email or post to YouTube ?

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank Gerry i know it's a big weekend for you guys and i'm having fun with the machine while i wait to get it all functioning.
It's not my first machine and i know they never work properly out of the box.
I also knew i'd never have a problem with support from you and your team before i laid my money down, so i don't want to come off all needy.
In the next few days i'll have a chance to try and figure out the diagnostics and swap the playfields etc, but work will get in the way today i think.
Thanks for the tips. I Will probs play with the launch strength on Heist today if i can figure it out.

Can’t wait until you get this worked out and get to play a full set of games! Wish I could fly down there and help you out punkin

#947 2 years ago

No worries... you can install zoom or skype on your phone. Can just do a voice call too - even that would get us a lot farther / quicker than written messages. Really whatever makes you comfortable is fine, but probably best to handle it off of pinside, and we can come back to post what we learned and what the resolution was.

Really worth spending a couple minutes to install Zoom, you'll save hours and probably days of waiting and being frustrated. Maybe your tech can call when he gets in

1 month later
#957 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Quick question for P3 owners with more than one upper playfield module - with the bottom two thirds of the playfield remaining the same when switching over, how different do different games feel and play? Ie switching between the core games - Heist / Lexi / Cosmic Cart - do they feel similar or very different?

Wait different - there’s very few games with anything meaningful in that lower part of the machine. Houdini, for example (and plenty of earlier games)

They all feel VERY different, no kidding - especially Heist which also involves the crane

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm sure they'll announce when they are ready.
Last thing we want us a paper launch like Haggis' Fathom 2.0

Not to mention they’ve put out some fairly important updates in the past few months - Sorcerer’s Apprentice, flipper upgrade, new cab artwork ..

#967 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not sure yet. They sent me a motherboard that didn't fix the issues i was having, then they had me going over all sorts of stuff until i threw up my hands and admitted i was technically incompetent.
So then they got a tech in and he has disabled a board that seemed to sort of solve the issues i was having. They now have a board and some cables coming to me (although it was weeks ago it was disabled) and the tech has to come back and see if that has resolved it ....sometime.
I have to say it hasn't been my best pinball experience at all. And i'm thousands in the red because of the air freight as i was excited and hoping to take it to Pinfest to show it off to Australia.
My mates who were interested in buying one are no longer interested.

What a shame - every game that gets shipped is going to have some issues, but troubleshooting is SO hard remotely, and I know your tech is competent, but this is a completely different, new machine. Man, that really sucks. Sounds like a few of my overseas purchases

2 months later
#1112 2 years ago

The sound is normal, happens on all P3s as far as I know.

It does. It's due to a lack of insulation in the audio line - possibly just the speaker wires themselves, as they are right next to the wifi card. It's nothing to be concerned about. You can buy a noise suppressor / low pass filter (same thing) for a couple bucks which would go between the amp and the 1/8" plug which plugs into it. Some JJP games have basically the same issue, there's just so much packed into these machines at close distance.

#1117 2 years ago

Look in your backbox before you buy one. There should already be a filter installed.

Where? Plugged into the amp ? Or is it a ferrite core insulator? I'll have to check later

2 weeks later
#1129 2 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

If adjusting the height still has the ball contacting the bottom of teh jail cell, make sure the transition from the lower playfield plastic to the walls/ the walls to the scoops/ and the scoops to the playfield is smooth with no high spots. Ideally they are all level with each other or slightly lower than what is in front of it.
More info on our support site at https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/User_Manuals_and_Technical_Documentation (login required)

Read, re-read, and read this comment again. The playfield scoops and walls have to be EXACTLY level with either side of the playfield(s). I thought mine were perfect, and was having trouble hitting the left ramp on Lexy and the Heist jail, and I could never figure out why it was suddenly happening like that. Well, somehow (from moving the P3 around I imagine) the scoops and walls were NOT level any longer. The tiniest measure off - only 1/32 - was causing the slightest airballing. Too small to see with the eye, but enough to screw up the shot. I'll be upgrading to the servo-controlled scoops once those are available.

#1140 2 years ago

The subwoofer in the P3 is pretty beefy already. It's the only machine I haven't hooked an external sub to in my collection.
But if you wanted to I'd just connect to the cabinet speaker and use the line-level inputs on the external sub. That's how I do it on all my other games.

Totally - the game EXPLODES when I leave it on downstairs, it is LOUD and it is beefy

#1145 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Here are a few posts I've made in the past detailing my thoughts as an early adopter, and some considerations about the other 3 main playfields. Just note that the first link is older, before Sorcerer's Apprentice came out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12#post-6151650
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3#post-6798367
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-or-cosmic-cart-racing-what-to-pair-with-weird-al-on-p3#post-6798733
As for mini-games: if you buy CCR - you have to buy Ranger in the Ruins. Great, cheap mini-game. But even before that, any CCR owner should also buy Sorcerer's Apprentice. It's not a mini-game, it's a full-on new game (rules, graphics, etc.) for the CCR playfield.
ROCs is awesome, and works on any playfield module - it's Asteroids with a pinball. Really fun. The rest are more niche games that may or may not fit your style.

Have to also mention Grand Slam Rally which Jimmy Lipham programmed. It’s on the Cannon Lagoon playfield, but it’s the cheapest of the set.

Awesome pitch and bat type game which makes me leave the CL playfield in a lot more than I might have otherwise. IMO it’s more fun than ROCs even

Definitely second

#1146 2 years ago

Also MM has SOOOOO many irons in the fire, the cart may not be immediately available. They have so many orders they are backed up 12 months for new P3 machines, and 4 or 5 months for the Al game. Not sure on other playfields.

They redesigned their back box entirely, to accomodate a really amazing lit speaker panel add-on, with optional speaker cone lighting which is better than I’ve seen on any game ever. It’s almost hypnotic. I’n addition, seeing the Heads Up! Cabinet lights, I am going to DIY that when I get home.

#1158 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Distributor reached out and let me know he expects my WAMONH in December. Going to be a long wait!

Woo! Order another playfield direct from MM in the meantime I recommend Heist Did you order an entire new P3?

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Happy to see some of these pins go out the door to customer. I was surprised to see these going out so early as I thought the earliest shipping times people got in their estimate emails (that I'm aware of) were in October... are these going out way ahead of schedule or are there just a few going out now, followed by a few month wait followed by serious production. Just asking as I'd need to move another pin to free up space and raise funds.
Thanks!

Playfields are going out quicker. If you ordered a full game, meaning Al playfield plus the base P3 machine, it will take longer. The playfields don't take that long to build, but the P3 base does, hence the longer timeframe

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Don't forget to take into account that MultiMorphic had 4-6 months of backlog for the P3. So those in the queue before Weird Al was announced can request a WA module when their machine goes on the line. Common sense dicates that they should be able to get their WAMONH before those that placed an order only after it was announced(talking about full P3 machines here).

The wait is now 12 months for the full games! (If you ordered today). They are adding production lines/people soon, so the 12 month backlog will start to shrink *as long as* people don't continue ordering tons of games at the rate they have been.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I do not currently own a P3, I won a Weird Al LE (full game) from project pinball! Definitely going to get a Heist as well.

Awesome! If you ever get to that point, it's a toss up on the other playfields - you really can't go wrong. Lexy lightspeed is a great layout and the game is very fun. Hoopin' it up is a free add-on and is a pretty complex basketball game but it's fun as well (and free!). CCR playfield and game are also great, plus Sorceror's apprentice is a (very not free but worth it) great add on, and Ranger in the Ruins is probably the best value "one more game" on the platform. It's pretty amazing once you have the playfields to just say "I'd like to get another game today" and load it up directly on the P3 and be playing it 20 minutes later.

#1171 2 years ago

Flipper upgrade arrived!

For a split second I thought it was my WAL, but that's coming soon. Installing this morning. Hoping the other games get the upgrade code soon - hopefully those changes aren't too complicated.

#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Another sweet upgrade setting. All flippers on one side can be activated by that one flipper button.
[quoted image]

I believe this is unique (currently) to Al, but I really really hope it is added to other games, as it's a concern of new P3 owners. No reason to have such a simple barrier to ownership

#1180 2 years ago

The default will remain separate buttons. We need podcasters to have *something* to talk about! I maintain it's also a better playing experience once you get used to it. I wish other machines with upper flippers had separate buttons and have asked Scott to consider making a mod for all non-P3 machines to add a 2nd button to the cabinet.
- Gerry

LOL! I griped about this at first and got used to it; but having the option is just a great idea; one less excuse not to get one

#1188 2 years ago

Question on the P3 system.
I have ordered a P3 with Heist and Weird Al. I enjoy the machine and play lots of games on it. My friend Bob orders a P3 at the same time as me and gets Weird Al and Cosmic Cart Racing. Can I do a temporary trade of just the Heist module for CCR and have both machines work without having to pay for additional software? I understand it would 100% work if we traded machines and modules, but what about just the modules?
The reason I'm asking is I'm leaning more towards CCR than Heist at the moment and might switch my order when it's my turn to get built (ETA October). I figure most people who are getting a second module are getting Heist and figured if I was in the minority with a CCR it might be easier to do temp trades.
Thanks!
Also, got to play Heist on location at Pinball Gallery outside Philidealphia last week (highly recommended). It's a really neat game and system. I look forward to what else P3 has in store for us.

Yes, you can switch playfield modules. The software will 'just work' (assuming you download/update, etc). The minigames and 3rd party games are different - those are tied to your specific P3. Don't overlook Lexy Lightspeed; that game is pretty awesome too.

#1190 2 years ago

FINALLLLLLLY getting time to finish the flipper upgrade install tomorrow.

Booking insanely expensive plane tickets to a family wedding in Austin; you better believe we ar visiting the Round Rock facility.!!

#1197 2 years ago

Does a NIB P3 ship with the first module installed?
P3 Weird Al will be the heaviest machine I have and I am going to have to wrestle it down a hill to get it into my basement arcade. I am trying to figure out if it ships with the module inside the machine or if the module ships seperately. I am trying to figure out if I would need to unbox it to remove the module in order to make moving it down the hill a bit easier.
Thanks and looking forward to getting my P3 in six months or so.

Yes it will ship with A module installed (if you only order one, that’s the one). You will want to remove it. It’s also not a bad idea to remove the playfield display - only a couple connectors and it slides right out. Hell, take the flippers out while you’re at it.

Removing the head takes out a HUGE amount of weight but it is slightly more complicated (really not that bad but take a few photos.). Or ask for help

I have to remove the head and playfield but I can get my P3 UP a full flight of stairs by myself with only an appliance dolly. I’m not saying it’s super easy , but no worse than a DMD game

#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Has anyone received a wal module?

A couple have gone out - they've posted their unboxings in the owner's thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-s-next-p3-game-will-be-licensed-danesi-on-music/page/28#post-6887298

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There are no unboxings yet. Only one that we heard about in that thread is the game that went to the distributor that provided the raffle games.

Who owns the one that I posted the photo of?

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Fliptronic on Twitch. They are involved somehow with Multimorphic. She was the girl playing the game in the original release video. They took home one of the demo games from TPF. IIRC they have a loaner cab but the module is theirs.
There have been no reports yet of regular customers getting their Weird Al game or module.

Oh duh! I should have known that, talked to him a bunch at TPF

1 week later
#1211 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Just played ROCs for the first time with the Heist module. I didn’t realize the third flipper would work, but I really liked having it.

Is that new? I could have sworn I'd tried that before and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't have the Heist playfield in

3 weeks later
#1221 1 year ago

I just received the following email from Multimorphic.
Thank you once again for your recent order. In addition to the shipping estimate we provided at the time of your order, we'll continue sending periodic updates about our manufacturing progress. Also feel free to contact us at any time by emailing [email protected].
With help from some of our customers and distributors, P3s have been available for play at a number of recent pinball shows in the US, and we're looking forward to shipping units overseas so that pinball fans everywhere can enjoy Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity (WAMONH) and the rest of the P3 game library.
Our primary focuses right now are growing our manufacturing team so we can increase production throughput, addressing any issues discovered in early shipments, and continuing to enhance the WAMONH software. While we're in good shape with parts inventory and managing the supply chain, we need to scale up faster in order to keep pace with our estimated ship dates. We're currently a couple of weeks behind with shipments of both machines and standalone playfields, but we hope to catch up to our estimates in the coming weeks.
We and 3rd-party P3 developers have recently released updates to nearly the entire P3 game library to add in support for the flipper upgrade kit and the motorized wall/scoop assembly, among other enhancements. If you already have a P3 and it's connected to the internet, you can read the release notes and update your games via Wi-Fi. Otherwise, just log into your account at https://www.multimorphic.com to download and install via USB.
The Multimorphic development team is working on a software update for Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity that will introduce the You Make Me mini-wizard mode, an enhanced UHF multiball, and a special Drink From The Firehose challenge. We've also made a number of minor changes and improvements based on feedback from early customers and players at shows, and we've added even more quotes from Weird Al (now over 2500).
We know you're all eager to get your games. We're eager them get them to you. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions..

They've released a TON of updates recently, and the team isn't huge. They are great guys who are proving over and over again that they deliver. I still wouldn't mind getting my Weird Al as soon as possible!! LOL

2 weeks later
#1226 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I was thinking about setting up my p3 weird al today I wanted to move the whole box into the basement and then unbox. is the box attached at the bottom to the pallet ? Anyone know.
Also what is weight of machine ?
[quoted image]

Super heavy. 350 or more pounds. Highly recommend you get help from one OR MORE buddies. I don't recall the box being attached to that little pallet platform, but you'll figure it out quick enough

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got production notification, woohoo! Grabbing Al, Heist, and CCR. Ordered back in September so very excited to finally join the club.

Whoa! Great news. Hoping mine is somewhere soon behind (edit: clarification - I only ordered the Al playfield, not the whole P3)

1 week later
#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You guys were right I pushed on the playfield and it clicked into place . Game is playable now I’m not worried about the leveling I thought it was all messed up because of air balls so now I just have to fix that wood chip and I’m golden ![quoted image]

Ha! I think many of us have done this. It does take a little adjustment to get used to ALL the new stuff on this machine

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from twitami:

Weird problem on my P3. All of my GI lighting, and some of my scoops' lights are out. The P3 logo is dark too. This a fuse issue you think or something else?

There are a bunch of wires that connect these lights in the backbox - but I’d also check that your back-of-playfield plugs are inserted securely

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thank you for your kind reply. My questions were not meant as a criticisms, so apologies if they came off that way. I simply think an option for front art and a shaker would be "nice-to-haves".
I was able to play a Weird Al this past weekend and was blown away. Before that, I hadn't played a P3 since the first year the original machine was shown at Expo. At the time I went away with a "that is too weird" mentality and unfortunately ignored it's development until the Weird Al announcement. The evolution since that time is amazing, and now the flippers, slings, etc all feel every bit as good as any other machine. I have been missing out. I am very happy that I took a chance and got on the Weird Al list, and can't wait to receive mine this fall!

Welcome aboard! Multimorphic has been consistently improving the machine, miles beyond the initial release, and it even continued after I bought one some time last year. I don’t know how those guys aren’t exhausted! But the improvements keep on coming, and I’m pretty excited about the upgrades already seen on the new machines. At the time of order, my Weird Al was due to be on the line some time in July - I think that’s been slightly pushed due to supply chain/ labor issues but I’m confident it will be here soon!

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...there was a lot of excitement and I didn't hear many complaints. I think it surprised many people. The only complaint I heard, and which I share myself, is the upper flippers are pretty hidden which makes it hard to aim upper flipper shots accurately. I wish the plastic above them was cut out a bit so you can see the flipper bat. I am not sure if brighter colored flipper rubber would help, but it's worth a try. I am sure that will be less of a concern with more practice though. I did notice the scoop staying up a little a few times, leading to airballs. But they seemed to fix themselves quickly most of the time. Other than that though, I didn't notice any issues at all, and that machine was played literally all day long. It was awesome!

That's a valid criticism - the double-edged sword of the 'hidden' flippers is that they are a tad bit harder to see, as you noted - but since other games don't use them at all, they stay out of the line of sight and aren't distracting.

2 weeks later
#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Finally joined the club! Looking forward to nerding out with more people as Gerry and co. begin pumping these out.
Word of advice for new owners with a basement: consider removing the module / flippers / playfield monitor before lugging it down. I went down with everything still in it and it was the scariest 2 minutes of my life [quoted image][quoted image]

Try attempting to get it UP stairs without removing that stuff. I can get it out of my basement without help if I remove the head, but that’s getting kind of old

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I went by a friends house last night (thank you Tim ) and finally got to play a P3. Wow !! It blew all my expectations away . I had contacted Kevin (BP) a few months ago to chat about it and and I can’t thank him enough for taking the time to answer the questions I had .Tim has a vast collection of pins that I wanted to dive into but ended up only wanting to play and talk P3 .The number 1 question I had answered was “Yes,this is a physical pinball machine !” This is 100% on my radar now after I get through some incoming .To anyone here that is on the fence I highly suggest finding one to play .With MM having added they’re first licensed theme I can only imagine where this train is headed ! I hope to get on the train sooner than later .Will be following this thread .

Good on you for sniffing one out! For sure this machine is a game changer - but the word still needs to be spread further. Have limited space? No problem. Want to switch between a quick game and a long game? Done. Get a hankering for a new game but don’t feel like lugging it up the stairs at great personal peril? Download it from Multimorphic pronto.

#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

NEO, no barnyard? Ranger in the ruins is a fun game as you always have the 1 more game feel.

I have to say, I was really glad to get the Lexy playfield - I got that one last, but it shoots really well. I'd love to see a graphics overhaul to that game some day (anniversary edition?) but the game overall is a great way to show off a lot of the unique P3 features; it's recognizable as a pinball game, and it's fun!

#1307 1 year ago

There's one more, but you'll have to go to the York show to play it. (Quest For Glory)

Duuuuuuuude you can’t keep teasing this …

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

(Quest for Glory)

I hope they get back to you at some point! So you can release it

Time for a Twitter campaign!

#1318 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Seconded!
I understand the need to keep developing new products, but I hope that Lexi's character models (which I think only appear in attract mode) can updated to reflect the alternate artwork at some point.
- Mark

There you go. I agree - or to make Steve Silver SSilver711 work EVEN HARDER, have him animate the game from scratch! I like his style (psst don’t tell him) and I think it represents the whole MM brand. Seriously, don’t tell him

#1326 1 year ago

To be super clear, the game is called "Drained" the thread wasn't drained LOL

#1351 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

I mis-spoke, it was music on Weird Al that he was doing, with Michael on code on that game. Guess I should drink coffee before I post.

Scott also did music for “ROCs” which is a P3 add-on game which works on all playfields. AND music for 3rd party game “Silver Falls”, as well as contributing the TNA main theme to “Flipper Foxtrot Rhythm Explosion”

#1372 1 year ago

I agree, Lexy is great.

Totally. I’ve said it before, but I’d definitely pay for a “remastered” version with Steve Silver designing the art direction. Yeah I have no idea how much that would cost

#1376 1 year ago

I'd like to see an aftermarket/upgraded spaceship with more detail.

I was referring to the visuals, but there’s no reason this couldn’t be a nice add-on.

#1386 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I paid my invoice this morning for a base P3 + weird Al LE + Heist. Should be entering production soon and then delivery this month. I'll post pictures when it comes. I ordered well before weird Al was announced so unfortunately going to be a long wait for those who didn't order until weird al

They have about a 12-ish month backlog according to Gerry's email, but he also said they are hiring more people. They have all the parts, just need to assemble.

Playfields ONLY seem to be turning around much more quickly.

#1398 1 year ago

Another crazy couple of days. Thank you to all for your continued support! We honestly didn't expect quite the volume of responses we received to our announcement yesterday. Clearly many of you are fully supporting the platform concept and taking advantage of the multi-game value by locking in today's prices.
We sincerely appreciate you all, and we're anxious to get machines and games out to everybody with orders in queue. New batches go out every week, and we'll continue growing our team and accelerating. With the rate of adoption/purchases and our continued development of new games and features, I honestly don't know how the build queue will change over the next couple of years. We might fully catch up to it, or it might continue outpacing our manufacturing. The ball is rolling, and the business builds on itself unlike with traditional machines. So we'll see. Thanks again for taking the ride with us!
- Gerry

Sounds like the hill you guys have been climbing has the summit in sight! Well well deserved. Pedal to the metal! Hey, If I fly down to Austin can you guys train me to build my own playfield?

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

the feedback from my casual playing customers has been more positive than I anticipated based on years of feedback towards P3 that it isn't "real pinball" from a lot of the hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

This makes a lot of sense - there are some similarities to a redemption machine which doesn’t take much to understand to play, and is timed. The hardcore can play Heist and Lexy, but the “step up and play” of a lot of the mini games are pointed right at families and pinball newbies. Really awesome stuff to hear

Make sure you give scoot n shoot a whirl a few times yourself - it is a LOT harder than Barnyard (obviously) and can take a few games to get the hang of it - if you don’t have good control, the game can be frustrating, so it may lead to a different opinion from your customers. Still, $0.50 ain’t much to try, even if you drain drain drain!

1 week later
#1436 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:I'm surprised to see the button box protruding on the side of the cabinet. I'd like to hear what people that actually played the machine have to say about that?

I’ve never thought about it, not even a single time. You just don’t notice.

Now you DO notice the multiple buttons. This took me some time to get used to, and I grumbled about it a bit. Now Multimorphic has issued some updates which allow you to trigger off a single button (like staged flippers on a Bally game), but I never switched, as I’ve mostly gotten used to the multiple buttons. Lots of options!

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Woo Hoo! In the club. Been playing Weird Al for about a week. Really impressed with the way the game plays. So many good feeling shots and combos. The modes are challenging and fun. I suspect there are layers to the rules I'm just beginning to discover. One thing I haven't heard people mention is the ability to trap a ball behind the upper flippers which is super helpful during multiball.
[quoted image]

Nice! Trapping the ball behind the flipper is a “side job” shot in Heist. Very tough but cool when you nail it!

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

How are the flipper switches implemented? Would it be possible to implement two switches on the red button to support flipper staging? This skill feels great when I get it right and is an integral part of how I play F14 for example.

Out of the box, one button for each flipper. Red for the main flippers, white for the upper flippers. Most games have an option which support staging more than 2 flippers (some are made to support 2 on purpose. Heist supports 3 not 4). I'm not sure if all games have this implemented yet but it's intended.

#1456 1 year ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

So one thing I have been curious about- does any one ever sell their used modules? If so what is the second hand market like? I searched a bit and didn't see any marketplace adds.

Super rare to see. Usually people are selling the whole machine. But I have seen that MAYBE 5 times ever. I think I have one time seen somebody getting rid of a module - but it's hard to justify selling them really because there's always a chance a new game will be released

1 week later
#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I had originally just ordered Heist to pair with my Al, but decided to go (almost) all-in and just put the deposit down for CCR and Lexi too! It will mean another sacrifice from the collection, but it will be worth it. I knew I wanted CCR eventually, especially for SA and RitR. Lexi I had been sleeping on, but watched through Kevin's streams a few times and it won me over. I think Lights Out Multiball is what finally did it, LOL. Kev = bad influence.
I have been a little blah on pinball in general lately, but I am really excited for this machine! Going to be a long couple months yet waiting.

I got Lexy last as well, and I really feel like I missed the boat. The theme and art integration (and the crane!) is all there for Heist, but Lexy is really really fun. Kev is a bad influence.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I’ll second or third this as perhaps it’s my age, but I tried all the latest and greatest modern pins and while I am NOT saying they are not amazing, they just don’t resonate with me. I looked initially at a P3 and didn’t give it the chance it deserves, but I took the time to watch Kev’s videos as well as gammagoat’s and bingopodcast’s (so if my wife asks, I’m blaming y’all and Gerry LOL) and each game is unique\innovative and in my opinion can easily compete with all the newer games and for me even offer more.
I did the same with Lexy, thought “oh that looks ok, not much to it” because I watched maybe 10 minutes of play, but after watching the entire video, I was hooked so ended up putting a deposit on all the modules so I could get the lower price and discount.
Anyway, looking forward to getting my machine and not trying to come across as a “shill” so to speak but just stating my opinion and experience.
Look forward to being able to play online with y’all.

Nice summary! I’ll second I think the games give a WIIIIIIIIDE range of options; you have your modern type games, but also game similar to 80s SS games and even Nick’s predilection with even older EMs and Bingos. You couldn’t ask for more variety - plus with Al and Heist you’ve got some very “bling! Bling!” games to show off the goods.

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Taking my P3 to Pinfest Newcastle in a couple weeks. Biggest pinball show in Australia.

Take a couple of shots, I’d love to see what that looks like

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you should really consider CCR first. It's way better than I thought it would be. I thought Weird AL and Heist would get all the attention. But CCR is the only one that's been in the machine since it got here. Having the 3 games for it, be so different, makes it have very good variety, without having to even change a module. CCR, Sorcerers apprentice and Ranger in the ruins, are very different games from each other. Riven was all about sorcerers apprentice for me to order the machine. But Ranger in the ruins, has him wanting "one more game", which no game has done so far. Go figure. That was a last min purchase like 3 days ago, and seems to attract him to play the most. :/

It’s funny, RITR is easy to understand, and it can be over in a flash, but you always want the “one more game”. It’s a good one to pair with SA. That game pisses me off sometimes but I love that it’s a totally different game to RITR (and CCR). Im not always in the mood for games where you have to be a sniper for every shot so the ability to switch games is very welcome.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I brought my P3 to 2dcon and also tna, among others, but one night, only the p3 and tna were on. TNA was blasting away and I threw on ROC's (weird al pf) for some double Scott Danesi music fun. Pinball dance party!

Do you have Flipper Foxtrot? You could have had TNA music going on both games! That would trip people out ! Haha

1 week later
#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:My P3 has arrived. Thanks Sarah and team. Can’t wait to put it together after work. I should get the rest of the play fields soon.

Looks great Mike! When did you order?

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes a sturdy step stool is your friend

I’m 6’ and I use a wide stool, just a single step. Folds up and out of the way. Helps prevent scratches!

I saw someone else mention the 2nd
Playfield position - this also helps but just get the stool

#1540 1 year ago

Stupid question but I got to ask it. The P3 is a "thick girl"... even thicker than a Gottilieb System 3 when folded. Is it safe to transport the p3 on its side with (or without) the playfield module removed?
Thanks!

Wow, I have not tried this. Maybe one of the MM guys can weigh in. the guts are pretty substantial, wouldn't be surprised if it would work. but get confirmation!

#1554 1 year ago

I have Voodoo Glass on my P3 and it looks great. YMMV I guess.

It does still reduce glare - it’s just not as noticeable as in other games due to the playfield

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

It does not look bent. It has been doing it since I got the game Wednesday. Sometimes just slowing down the ball. Other time stopping until I shake the playfield. I have not yet pulled out the flipper assembly but I can move the shaft up a little as if I can add something on the metal guide where I’m pointing it would slightly elevate it. [quoted image]

Definitely should not be doing that. I wonder if something was shaken loose ?

Pull out the flipper assembly - it is dead simple. Lift the playfield out to service position 1, lower the metal playfield cover piece (not sure the proper term) watch the wires and you can just pull out the whole flipper assembly to take a look. Presumably it’s only happening on the one side ?

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Does anyone else like the fact that Multimorphic is solving issues on the fly here on Pinside?
Makes me more confident about picking up Weird Al and some extra modules

They are like ninjas, I seriously don't know how they don't go crazy answering issues on all the different forums, Discord, PLUS email, PLUS their direct support

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:Just check out Sorcerer's Apprentice (for the CCR modeule). It's exactly what you describe.

It is indeed exactly this. And if Nick Baldridge ever gets approval for Quest for Glory, that's another game in that same vein!

2 weeks later
#1592 1 year ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

No, it's like an overlay

Heavy duty decal, basically. You can’t even really tell. Holds up way better than you’d expect.

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So to clarify this point, the playfields are a decal, not silked or UV printed?

The art is not printed directly onto the wood, it is printed onto a thick (I'm not sure what the material is) material which adheres to the whole playfield. Works great, and I have never noticed a single dimple (not guaranteeing they don't exist, just not in any way noticeable).

#1601 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine is all screwed up where the posts were torqued.

Sorry to hear that! Every game from any manufacturers is going to have some issues it seems. You definitely have had some rotten luck though!

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Does everyone else's P3 play fields show a ton of ribbing under the thin decal? Both my play fields show it worse than I've ever seen on a traditional game

I've not seen this - care to post a photo?

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I just realized this was the time range where my game was supposed to be ready when I ordered back in Feb LOL (early-mid October was the estimate)... wow, that flew fast. I feel like I was watching the clock with my email ready only a few weeks ago. This spring/summer was a "blink its over" pair of seasons.[quoted image]

There’s a backlog of a few months - my estimate was July, and I only ordered the playfield not a whole machine - still haven’t seen the payment email. So hopefully soon!

#1636 1 year ago

Once again, that is not me, that is P3.

MULTIMORPHIC! It's right in Gerry's Signature!

#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

"Hurray for this!" said no one named Wallet or Purse

I LOL'd

1 week later
#1660 1 year ago

I would agree with this. There was not even a hint of Weird Al coming out from Multimorphic ahead of time. As a Weird Al Superfan who was advocating in the Stern and Spooky threads for them to make one, this came out of left field.
When I saw the post title on Pinside and then watched the video my initial reaction was, "No Freaking Way"! Had a timed email ready and launched second number 1 of preorder and am now locked into the P3 ecosystem (not a bad thing). Looking forward to what they have coming up.

You certainly are a Close Personal Friend of Al! I’ve always gotten a kick out of your username - super DUPER deep easter egg

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.
The only 3rd party playfield that I am aware of is Drained. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and gameplay, but I will probably take a pass, as I'm not into old school games.
I suspect that traditional manufacturers will have a hard time justifying the production of a game that will have the side-effect of promoting the competition's platform.
- Mark

Don’t forget the multiple software package games that work with an existing playfield, like Silver Falls, Grand Slam Rally, and Ranger in the Ruins

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Parker Andrew arrived last Wednesday and came home on Sunday.
https://www.facebook.com/1599160493/posts/10226151095116065/

Whoa man! Now the real work begins LOL

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulRiccardi:

I’m hoping, whatever the next licensed or unlicensed game is that they start getting more creative with the middle of the playfield. 5 playfield and they have barely changed what going on mid field…. And that’s my only complaint.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Err… seriously? Aren’t your exhibits from 8 years ago? They have released a few games since then…

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulRiccardi:

Umm.. yeah seriously, I’m pretty up to date on what they are doing or at least what they have released to the public. In their concept video, they showcase some really cool potential concepts for what could be happening on top of the video portion of the playfield. I’m just saying I’d like to see them implement some of it on their next playfield. It’s a little disappointing that they haven’t yet.

Have you… played a P3 in the last decade ?

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I agree that it would be cool to see some of the ideas which were presented in the early concept videos come to fruition. Gerry has mentioned that they are working on middle playfield mechs at various times. If you look at the modules they have made so far, there have been steps in that direction. Heist had the upper right flipper and crane which was designed to float a target over the screen. Weird Al has the upper left flipper and the habitrail which crosses over the middle of the playfield to the right inlane. So, I'm sure that they will continue moving in that direction.

This is what I was reacting to - the crane is a *huge* innovation for the platform, and not something that was part of the original concepts. It's so much more agile than the B66/LAH crane and interacts with the game in really fun ways.

Now they of course have not debuted an over-the-playfield pop bumper yet - i understand there's a prototype, but I've got to believe the wiring is a challenge. I've met all these guys - they are constantly innovating, sometimes at the cost of having to re-work existing features (e.g. the new speaker panel, the side lighting that integrates with WAMONH/Heads Up). So I guess we'll see! Hopefully they'll continue working in that direction. Lots of stuff has to line up for something to hit the production line. They have 2 more games coming next year... we'll have to keep our eyes peeled...

1 week later
#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

Just got my P3 set up and the third wall won’t retract all the way down. Couldn’t find anything on their site on how to adjust.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

3rd wall as in the scoop/wall combo?

You have a new P3, so this would be servo controlled, if I’m not mistaken. I’d confirm no physical obstruction (who knows, an errant wire?). Then you can go into the settings from the Launcher and test the wall individually.

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Out of the club, my p3 sold within a day of advertising here. Thanks for putting up with me guys and gals

Well good to have you while it lasted!

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My game is stuck and will not launch an app it just goes back to where it started to the Home Screen
.?

Mine has done this once or twice. If I recall correctly, it’s when I’ve left it on for several days. Have you tried power cycling ? And will it launch NO game? (How many are installed?)

#1715 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I turned it off for an hour and started it and it loaded,I don’t know what happened but I don’t like it!.
Well I need to learn how to load a video If it happens again,how do you do it?
Oh and thanks for the help all.

Linux!

I think most people post a video on YouTube. I’m not sure if you can upload to the site directly any more

#1724 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Can anyone post a video of the newest version of ROCs? Thinking about buying it and wanted to hear the soundtrack first. The most recent video I can find is from 2018.
Also, for downloads, does anyone know the turnaround time. I would be buying it for an event this weekend and curious if it would be processed by then.

After your purchase, someone at MM Has to process it so it is bound to your account and available for download. Then you can start the build process from your machine or from your account on the website. This part is automated.

They usually do it same day, but it can vary. The longer you wait the less likely it will happen since tomorrow is a holiday.

Here is the soundtrack:

#1728 1 year ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Already have it downloaded. Wasn't expecting it to happen that fast! Thanks Multimorphic team!

One of the best parts of owning one of these machines!

2 weeks later
#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

I think that may be the pin that holds the flipper to the arm.
Or the pin that holds the arm in place that’s covered by the plastic ring which holds it in place.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Michael -

It looks like that pin is the one that holds the black plastic linkage to the plunger which is fired by the coil. First make sure the pin that holds the linkage (the black plastic) to the coil plunger is re-inserted. That should be held in place by that black plastic ring which should snugly fit over the plunger and keep that pin securely in place. The spring should keep the black plastic ring in place. Note it has kind of a rim around it so it just stays at the top of the plunger. Probably that got hung up or slipped a bit in shipping and it wasn't obvious at first.

The scratching on the clear plastic is not normal; there is a pin there as well, but I think it is pressure fit and not meant to come out. If it's popping out ,you may need some pliers to add enough pressure to fit it back in. Make sure everything else is in alignment, there is definitely something a bit wonky there.

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. The pin is back in place between the black flipper pawl and the metal plunger. The two springs are keeping the black ring in place.
This is fixed.
I can’t get to the pin scratching the plastic until I take the top right flipper assembly out I think.
My problem is the top right flipper is not working. I am in diagnostics. I am in coils/flasher test and I do not see a coil labelled top right (or top left) flipper.
I do not think the coil is working but I do not know where to test it
Aux left 0 appears to be the left flipper and that works in test
If aux right 0 is right flipper, flipper is not working.
I see the instructions for replacing the right old assembly with the right flipper assembly. It looks complicated and I may not have to do all these steps to remove the top right flipper to see if connected.
But before I do that, I want to test exactly what is controlling the flipper to see that it is not working.
Before taking the assembly off, should I be checking for fuses, or connectors I can see without taking the game apart?
Can I use a screw driver near the flipper to take out the screw and an Allen wrench at the button without taking off the weird Al play field and display?

If the coil isn't working at all whatsoever, the power may have become disconnected. There's a 3-pin molex connector way inside/underneath the flipper assembly (above the playfield).

Remove the right return wireform
Remove the righthand plastic assembly

There are 2 screws that connect the flipper assembly to the rail - I think they are 5/32" hex screws (they are larger than the ones that tighten the wireform to the rail).

It seems like a lot, but they only take about half a minute to remove. On my game, the upper right flipper assembly has 1 hex screw and 1 philips (mine was an upgrade), so you may want to check.

Anyway, remove return wireform, remove plastic, remove 2 screws in upper right flipper assembly. There will be a ribbon cable and a 3-pin molex going underneath the assembly. The ribbon cable just lights the LEDs I believe, but the molex connector powers the flipper coil. Make sure that's plugged in.

#1747 1 year ago

Upper right (same exact steps for left) flipper installation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rhmn3H6AkoRHJMv1D2fFd_PkZvrKoL-c

Earlier doc which explains just removing the upper side modules:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rYuAcFkADDl3iEH_jdIKskumkJ33qeRw/view?usp=drivesdk

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. I already removed and re-installed the right top flippers
I followed the 3 wires. I said white gray and black. I think they are actually white gray and maroon or similar. I followed them to a board beneath the playfield and checked continuity on both fuses. I assume the fuse on the right is the one I was actually interested in.
I know the buttons work at the right since I went into switch test and can use the red to rotate through software.
I found a fuse list where the coin box would be.
I submitted a ticket to support.
I don’t know what to try next. Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have to wait until monday, when they will get back to you real quick.

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Gerry replied to my support request and asked me to swap out the board in the left side of the cabinet with the board below the play field. I did so and changed the dip switches appropriately.
The flipper now works. I’m waiting for further instructions of either replacing the transistor myself or sending them the board.
In my comment above I stated the coil would usually fry when the transistor went bad. Gerry pointed out that the transistor went bad in the “off” position rather than “on” which explains why the coil is still good.

Woo hoo! If it's not clear, Gerry is EXTREMELY on top of his oeuvre. Glad to hear it's working

1 week later
#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm getting a Weird Al LE(hopefully soon), is there any additional mechanical components for the base game I would ever need on a new game if I bought older game kits from others(Lexy, Heist, etc)? Or does having a new build cover me for anything on older games?

You're good. Your Al kit should include everything; in fact you have MORE than us original owners - the option to upgrade the speaker lights (not yet available on the original P3), the speaker plastic works/fits, and I think eventually you can upgrade to the cabinet lights (those are AWESOME) once MM starts offering them. And your topper will work! None of that stuff is available yet for the original P3.

(There's a board for the original P3s for the topper to work, it's just not available yet. supply chain I think)

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

The new speakers look amazing too - can't wait for that upgrade kit to be released.

It’ll happen eventually - they’re cranking out those playfields right now; that’s a whole different new product basically

#1767 1 year ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

One thing I'd love to see is that they add in new high scores for Heist.
- Most Donuts collected
- Most Cash collected
- Highest score for (Each Character)
- Police Multiball High Score
- Other multiball high scores
- ETC.
They did this for Sorcerer's Apprentice and Weird Al which is awesome.

I wouldn't mind an update for Heist in general! There's definitely a couple of minor bugs; maybe the guys have some ideas they've not yet implemented? The game is great as-is, but why not?

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m getting a heist. Does anyone ever sell their modules? I never see them listed so I assume most keep them. Thinking about weird Al, CCR and sorcerers apprentice. I think you need CCr for that

For Sorceror’s you need CCR, yes. They come up SUPER rarely, but every once in a while. Most of the ones I’ve seen for sale are whole machines though, whole package. Everybody eventually ends up buying all the modules; it’s hard not to.

I suspect with WAMONH being released, more people are getting that and one other module - so you may see more for sale.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, is it hard to switch them in and out?

Not at all. Remove glass, push back 2 retaining clips, remove wire connectors, lift out. They are a bit heavy, so getting help isn’t a bad idea, but I swap them out by myself - takes about 90 seconds.

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does heist have any upgrades or only weird Al did they make the changes?

MM has continuously upgraded the machine. Originally it shipped with no display in the backbox; I can’t remember if there was just a static translite or what.

Heist isn’t nearly as upgraded as Al - Heist did include an upper right flipper module and they came out with the flipper/target bay art around the same time. New machines would already have both upper flippers.

#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Anyone interested in selling a weird Al module or any other modules besides Heist? I have a heist and looking for the others. Mainly wierd Al but would buy more if anyone wants to work out a deal or if local i have a party zone I’d trade. Probably value it at $3700

Man, I would totally consider this. I'll be in toledo early next year so if you haven't gotten this to happen yet maybe we can figure something out

#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yep, that’s what I’ve been told for the modules only not download games. Basically weird Al, heist, lexy and CCr(probably sorcerers apprentice with it).

I don’t think SA either. that seems to be handled like a download such as ROCs.

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

That is a bit scary I love my heist can you say where the cable tore anything we could do to prevent this?
Thanks

On mine, the underside of the crane has 2 screws that backed out just enough to cause the crane not to be able to fully retract. This pinched the ribbon cable that goes along the underside of the crane and caused it to get chewed up. Mine was a at a show at the time and so luckily we noticed right away; no game-breaking damage. I got the screws back in and lock-tite’d and the crane still functioned. Happened on a handful of games I guess

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will check mine thanks.I also just don’t like plastic zip ties holding the ribbon against the Crain.

Even if they look tight, I HIGHLY recommend removing them and adding lock-tite. There's only a couple of screws, will save you tons of headache down the road

1 week later
#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The plexiglass will scratch and that is that,you really can’t see any defects when turned on.you can easily replace it from the hardware store or multimorphic,enjoy your Heist it’s my favorite of all,Mr big is fantastic as is all of the voice talent.

MM sells replacement acrylic for $50. You'll almost never need it

#1861 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I just a heist and it’s freaking heavy. All setup. What do folks do for the lower playfield to clean it? Just spray away glass cleaner so no ammonia or do you wax it to?
[quoted image]

I've waxed mine - I don't think it's really worth it. You do want to keep it clean though. Sprayaway is perfect

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

While I wait for weird Al is any of the downloadable games that aren’t module specific worth the cash?

ALL of them. ROCs is probably the most fun and easy to grasp; has a killer soundtrack by TheNoTrashCougar and was just reduced in price! (Those of us early adopters paid $400 so consider yourself lucky

Scoot n shoot is pretty good but I don’t play it as much as other games

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Thanks, I just bought those two. My daughter is super into this. I think weird Al will blow her mind as she loves heist and aiming for the crane

Scoot n shoot is pretty fun, but it’s a little harder to get into - ROCs is real clear what you have to do; Scoot n Shoot is much more difficult - I find it helpful to look at the backbox because you see more of the upcoming hazards. It’s dangerous though!

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is there a baseball one???

Cannon Lagoon has an alternate game called “Grand Slam Rally” that is AWESOME! It’s very similar to Slugfest (pitch & bat)

#1884 1 year ago

BLUF: P3 Coming… Reducing Weight to Move?
My Weird Al is on the truck and on it’s way! Currently in Dallas changing trucks heading for Little Rock then onward to Maryland where it should arrive next Friday(I’m following it like my kids followed the Santa Tracker).
Excited to have the pin, not excited to get it into the basement. I have to move down a grassy uneven hill into the basement, and as I understand it the pin is a best at 425 on the pallet and about 335 off the pallet (see post 1942 for weight details). I am one of those weird people who brings nice games to shows for freeplay, and would like to possibly be able to get this thing up and down the hill. JJP and WPC widebodies are hard to drag up the hill, much less a P3.
I’m thinking that I could get the weight down by removing some parts as shown in the excellent P3 Tutorial Videos.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfdc8VWmIC0WBu1q2K05nkvnf_Kh-DwmM
From what I can see everything below can be removed without the use of tools and with a total of 7 molex like connectors removed. I have no idea how much these components weigh so these are educated guesses.
Playfield Module (25#)
Flipper Assembly (10#)
Magnetic Graphics (5#)
Glass (playfield and back) (5#)
Legs (20#)
Balls (3#)
Playfield Plastic (2#)
Playfield Screen (20#)
*Note Lockdown Bar, while removable is needed to keep playfield from swinging up.
That’s around 90 pounds off, so 330# minus 90# is 240#, or about what a modern Stern would weigh, which I have plenty of practice moving.
Am I missing anything here? Is there any reason why this is a bad idea?
Idea would be to unbox it in the garage. Do initial set up and play it for a day to make sure everything worked and appreciate the cold weather, then strip it down and move it into the basement.
Thoughts?
Going to start the year off right!

Stay with me here, but:

I sometimes have to move the game up and down stairs BY MYSELF. I am able to do this, but it's a bit of work.

Remove the upper playfield
remove the lower playfield display
Reinstall glass, put the game back together.
Remove flipper assembly (really this is like 2 pounds, but every bit counts)

I also remove the backbox, which takes about 30 minutes. This is BY FAR the biggest area of weight. There are a lot of wires, but it's mostly computer-related cables: HDMI, DVI display, some USB, and some speaker wires which have to be unscrewed from the amp (not regular connectors). It's all easy, but somewhat time consuming.

Then remove the hinges, pull the backbox (still heavy!!). BE real careful with the backbox display and backglass. Totally up to you to do this, but it makes such a huge difference I've done it 5 or 6 times at this point.

#1886 1 year ago

Here's the youtube link for the yesterday's Tech stream. The first hour is general usage, software, and diagnostics features. After that, we dove into the machine mechanics.

- Gerry

Thanks Gerry! I had to miss that yesterday but I’ll be checking it out today!

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Hi. I just got cannon lagoon. I checked the fit of the drain area as discussed on the presentation last week. I adjusted a little although I’m not sure it needed it but it was not exactly matching.
In Cannon lagoon, I had to reset the vuk drain coil to get the balls staged.
Switched to baseball. It shoots out one ball. Then it does not shoot out any others.
I went to diagnostics and reset the vuk drain again. I played a bunch of balls and then it stopped shooting out balls.
I’m about to open it again. Take out balls and check the fit again.
Does the screen show anything besides multi Morphic logo?
The Ethernet cable was hard to get out. Hopefully it gets easier with use.
The left guide wants to go in the wrong way just like weird Al. The left unlatch would not unlatch enough to lift out playfield. Finally played with it enough to do so.
Balls need to be moved away from coils and placed back in trough. If you forget to place the balls back in the trough can you simply put them all down the drain between the flippers?
I appreciate any help because I’m trying to work in this. If I have to I’ll search later in my office on a pc.

Not sure what to tell you on Grand Slam Rally; it should fire balls (one at a time obviously) for each pitch. Is it just shooting one ball and that’s it for the whole game?

Ethernet cable: make sure you are pushing down the little tab - it is a tight fit.

Yes you can roll balls down the playfield into the drain instead of directly in the trough

Latches are a little tricky - they are tough to see and you do have to fiddle sometimes.

Also I bend my orbit ball guides outward quite a bit, which forces me to have to mess with them a bit when I’m installing the playfield (this is tricky the first few times, mind). This ensures a very smooth orbit, and eventually the metal just remembers

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I put a ball in between the flippers
Drain 38 active
Drain 38 inactive
Drain vuk I expected next and nothing.
Put in another ball
Drain 38 active
Drain 38 inactive
Drain vuk 37 active
Drain vuk 37 inactive
Drain vuk 37 active
Drain vuk 37 inactive.
I assume drain vuk 37 switch is the culprit. I’ll need to find it and see what’s going on.
I guess I may submit this later through mm system so they can walk me through if I can’t find it by then.
I showed a picture of what I believe is the switch and the connector is in snug. I took out and put back. I don’t know where to oook next (and I have to eat dinner).
Thanks
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You’re on the right track!

#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

In the launcher all my apps are displayed including cannon lagoon.
When I play cannon lagoon or baseball, nothing shows on the back display that is part of the cannon lagoon playfield
But I have my play field out and trying to figure out switch drain vuk and drain stack.

Yes the back display is key for cannon lagoon especially. Check the Ethernet cable connections

Wait, Are you saying that when in the launcher the back display shows the appropriate game name/logo, but when you go into Cannon Lagoon it doesn’t show the ships sailing around? That’s key to the game for sure!

You may need the MM guys for assistance on this. I had a weird issue on my Lexy that required some updates to the screen on that game - this may be similar.

#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Ready to put down a deposit and join this club. I’m tentatively thinking of ordering Heist to start.
Any recommendations for ordering direct from Multimorphic versus from On Tilt in Los Angeles?
Thanks!

If On Tilt (or any distro) has an IN STOCK machine it may be worth ordering from them. If not, they will likely just have the same lead time as MM.

#1935 1 year ago

Drained is so addictive! Learning the different sequences during the vampires battles has been so much fun. And those callouts..Gimme a steak, gimme a steak!
[quoted image]

Damn it you are not making this easy! I need to wait until I finish our taxes before I can buy this module!

#1937 1 year ago

I just realized that I probably should have spelled steak..stake. Oh well, coffin/coughing

Ha! That is funny, I assumed this was some sort of vampire joke when he’s trying to eat you!

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

After heist and weird al which is the next best module? Less of a lead time one cannon lagoon but reading it seems cosmic cart is better than both lexy and cannon

I think Cannon Lagoon is really underrated, but part of the deal with that playfield is the games are great quick in between, Arcade-y style games. They are awesome in between other games, for example I’ll get pissed off at Halloween or Godzilla and then switch to CL or Grand Slam Rally and it will just be awesome to slam it out in this relatively quick, reflex based game.

The downside is, you’re not going to want to go through the trouble of swapping out a playfield JUST to play those games all the time.

Sorceror’s is pretty great, but I don’t quite love the CCR playfield as much as the Lexy playfield. It’s fast, the game code is the most “traditional” code. Did I mention it’s fast?

CCR will give you more options (the Lexy mini game that’s available is really just a snapshot of a mode in the main game), so I’d say it’s overall a better value. But I do find myself putting in the Lexy playfield more frequently than CCR; I just find the shots more fun.

Sorceror’s is a fun game though - it’s much more of a stop and go type thing due to the code.

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My only concern with drained is my kids do not like EM style play. They love heist, gotg, Rick and morty (swearing off) but anything old they won’t play. I have a nice whirlwind and they like the fan but only played it a couple times

Don’t you think that is more about the art and the (lack of) music and the bells? Drained is a pretty modern game, despite its heritage and inspiration from EMs

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I only watched the video play and the saw it’s designed after EMs which I know my kids don’t like. I’d probably have to watch more of the video if it doesn’t play like an em

I don’t know man.. please watch more gameplay videos, it’s pretty badass. I don’t have one yet but I know how committed Nick is to the hobby and how thorough he is with his code. Keep watching!!!!

#1950 1 year ago

Mid-March at the moment.

Don’t do me like that

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Question for owners. Do you need to allow space on both sides of the P3 to switch out modules or can you get everything from the front of the machine? Mine is going in an office and I have 5 games tucked in there pretty tightly.

You only need space on both sides if you have someone help you with the modules. They are kind of heavy, and I’m tired after a show when I’ve been pulling them out and replacing every couple of hours. Likely that’s not how often you’ll do it at home, so you’re probably good to lift it out on your own. HIGHLY recommend using a step stool or something to stand on so you can get the clearance out of the machine. That’s the most challenging part of replacing the playfield IMO, more so than the weight.

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:It's pretty light. Similar to Cannon Lagoon or Lexy IMO.

All the weight is in the bell!

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

System Core artwork looks great!

No doubt! Great photo

1 week later
#1998 1 year ago

My game is entering production!! I have Weird Al coming first and then Heist, Lexy, Cosmic ... I'm thinking getting the system core artwork as the game will be changing out somewhat frequently. Anyone made that choice and happy with it? I like Heist artwork the best aesthetically, but again, won't be playing Heist everyday.
For those of you who ordered a game and multiple playfields what was freight like? I'm told that I'll pay for freight on the machine and then each time a module ships, I'll be paying for that as well. I though they were charged all at once initially.
Super excited to get this one in the house!

I don't recall the charge for the machine, but it was comparable to other NIB games at the time (2019? I think?) . Playfield modules are way cheaper. Like WAY cheaper.

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:BTW: I think Gerry was serious when he told me that I was the only one buying new modules who has not upgraded to have a back box display.
I have become "that guy".
If Multimorphic releases a game without a collectable Translight for the limited edition crowd: Either they may have a print run of 1, or I will be SOL.
- Mark
P.S. I guess my default pinside backbox icon is more appropriate than I imagined...

There is at least ONE more out there lol!

#2028 1 year ago

Any rumors on upcoming releases? It seemed like Weird Al had some premature buzz about it, but don't know if that was just a lucky guess.
What's next for P3? Has Gerry expressed any dream themes for this company?

Weird Al was a total secret until it was officially announced - I forget how long before they actually started shipping, but no one knew anything until Multimorphic announced it. There are/were supposed to be several new games announced soon, but I don’t think a timeline has been confirmed

#2047 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Your feelings about WAM are similar to mine about CCR.
I sold CCR to raise $ for the next playfield (which turned out to be WAM), and I'm happy with the upgrade!
If you are going to sell WAM, do it now. Perhaps someone will pay retail to avoid the waiting list.
- Mark

I think you guys are illustrating pinball in general (not everybody likes every single game), but also one of the major benefits of the P3 platform. You don't like a playfield? Sell it! You're getting the vast majority of your money back (or all of it, since there may be a buyer willing to pay retail to avoid the wait). Overall, as stated above - more owners is better for everyone. I'm not clear on how saying "I'm out" because of one theme makes sense, but I guess it's none of my business.

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

CCR - Cosmic cart racing has online vs play up to 4 players! I've played 1 game online vs Silver on discord. was fun to be playing and yelling at eachother like when you played mario kart 4player on n64 lol

That and the Twitch integration is really cool. Some games you can log onto Twitch when someone is streaming and mess up their game - make the playfield go black, slow down their car, etc.

Also Ranger in the Ruins pulls data from other instances of the game (ie other players) when it shows the “ghosts”.

2 weeks later
#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like a strong team and original concept. I’m excited to see it! Is it best to order the module direct through multimorphic? Do they do it like spooky where order opens and you get in line based off order processed?
https://fb.watch/iJW6eG5rqe/?mibextid=5zvaxg

For Weird Al, they opened the ordering at 9am, and there were so many orders that it still took 6 months for orders from 9:01 to be sent! I've always ordered direct, never had an issue. They are excellent at communication and sticking to their word. Plus the games are out of control

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I guess I figured/hoping they ramped up their production based of this but maybe not. They have two games coming out this year. Backlog could be extreme if they haven’t increased their ability to produce more

They have ramped up production - but I think it didn't scale up quite as quickly as they wanted. The full machine backlog is still about 12 months, but that's decreasing. If you already have a machine and are just getting a playfield module, it's WAY less time. Or order a Drained from Nick Baldridge, and he's slinging those out the door in a few weeks!

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have the machine and have 2 modules on order. Hoping they come later this month or early march! I’ll be there ordering this module day one unless it’s a crazy price but if it’s online with weird Al I am in 100 percent

They are all around the same price range - the Al LE was more because of the topper obviously, so it should be pretty close

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from DHudec:

Zeroed in on my flipper issue but it’s not explicitly covered in the support docs. Waiting to hear from multimorphic but in the meantime hoping someone else has had the same issue? Looks like a pivot pin came loose and is rubbing up against the plastic. Has anyone has experience disassembling a flipper unit so i can get at this pin?[quoted image][quoted image]

Incredibly easy to remove the flipper mech - there’s a doc on it on the site (and a video I think) but you’re really just lifting the playfield, lowering that big metal cover on the end, disconnect the connectors at the left, and gently sliding out the entire flipper mech. Then if you need to get at that little pin, there’s just a handful of nylon locknuts to get access. Big plumber’s wrench or a couple
Taps with a nail set and you’re done

#2127 1 year ago

+1 for Ranger in the Ruins. Its the best bang for your buck in the P3 catalog. So simple, yet so fun trying to get all the items. I love getting the lighter and the radio. The poison apple..not so much.
And P3 owners shouldn't sleep on Drained. Its just as addictive with great music and callouts and the different strategies to battle all the vampires.
I bet someone winds up developing another game for the Drained module.

Dude I am trying to get Drained next!

1 week later
#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I love it. I like everything about the game. It plays different than others (different as in the playfield design, not the P3 system itself). The rules are deep but not complex, the number of modes are more than industry standard, and it's a music pin that isn't like any other out there. The amount of ramps, divertors, targets, use of the screen tracking, sound quality, animation quality, etc is all great. The players that come to my game room as well as myself find the game more on the harder side of things over Sterns or older Bally/Williams. Not a "I hate the players Avatar" hard or a "Led Zeppelin is going to kill you" hard, but its not an easy game to go through. Yes, the code has had updates which are simple to do through the menu and wifi. Mostly all of us still enjoy it (there are a couple of people that think the P3 is ho hum, but they are in the minority). For the second month in a row, Weird Al was the #1 most played game in my 21 pin lineup by almost double (not even including games played of ROCs, Barnyard and Shoot N Scoot).

Pretty much 100% agree with this. multimorphic games do tend to be a little on the harder side, and they can be kind of stingy with things like extra balls, etc. Weird Al is a real good middle spot with all the save opportunities you have (spatulas, etc). You have to earn them which I think is great. Multiballs also do tend to be shorter, more like a Bally game than a recent Stern.

Make sure the game is set up correctly! I only just this week realized my right VUK wasn’t launching games and fixing that has totally changed the game for me. SOOO much stuff wasn’t working before.

There’s a lot of weird complaining about things like the upper flippers being “hidden” (seriously why is this so confusing for people?). But if the game is fun, and it’s got a lot of interesting mechs and modes, it will win people over. Weird Al is a remarkable machine.

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think you are over estimating the demand. This isn’t a R2d2 topper lol. The Weird Al LE kit costs 1800$. You’d probably be lucky to just get full value. The topper will not work in another machine without the topper breakout board. You didn’t include it.

The LE is sold out though; no more will be made. That’s got to have some value to a buyer

#2227 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Looks pretty cool, but the price seems high for what I see on the playfield, when compared to Heist or Al - guess I'd have to know more about the specifics of what's there to justify it.

It's not, honestly. There will be more videos

#2231 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Fair! I'm sure after seeing more details on the game I'll have my order in (don’t put me at the back of the line for my comment) =)

Shut up!! Just shut up!! Lol

#2233 1 year ago

Thanks Gerry. The unintended bonus of all this is I have learned much more about the P3 than I expected. I’ll be looking for the response from tiger team.

They are bad asses. I am continually blown away by the passion this team has. Gerry has limitless optimism, and I think the proof is in the pudding, but it’s impressive how this has rubbed off on everyone else. Obviously Scott and Bowen have some serious game, but TJ, Mike, the back line guys all have their shit seriously in check. Just on.top.of.it.

#2244 1 year ago

I’ve got to start clearing some space, and I’m thinking about selling my CCR playfield. Anyone interested?

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I took heist out of the box to install and want to put weird Al to store it in mean time but. I can’t recall how the module went into the box anyone have a diagram or photos ?

You don’t really have to worry about setting all
The foam up exactly- the modules sit firmly on the wood part, you just need to support the front of the module so no wires get pinched. Just get it generally upright in the box so it fits and it will be pretty secure

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Ignoring FR, as it's an unknown.:
Your first two modules should be Weird Al and Heist.
After that I would vote for Lexy.
I know it gets a lot of love, but my typical CCR ball is: brick, brick...brick, brick, brick...drain.
- Mark

This is pretty much my answer too. Cannon Lagoon is fun but you really need the Grand Slam Rally game to get the full benefit of that playfield. THAT game is great -

Lexy is fantastic - I’d really like to see MM do a “remastered” version of that game as the playfield is STELLAR (no pun intended). The shots are awesome, smooth, flowy. But the visuals were done before Stephen Silver came on board, and aren’t in line with the recent games. I think he’s done a fantastic job giving them kind of a “house style” I really appreciate.

#2271 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

From what I have seen in the videos, Stephen Silver’s cultivation of a house aesthetic has helped take Multimorphic to the next level. But I get the sense that this team is more than the sum of its parts. As is the platform.
Finances may push me towards CL sooner. Presently leaning Heist! WAMONH and LL or CL depending on what disposable income looks like when my machine goes into production.
Thanks for all the input.

Can’t argue with your summation: EVERYONE on the team is operating at a high level. It’s really great to see. Awesome people to hang around with, too. Gerry and I geeked out about Weird Al at TPF last year and he explained the whole licensing process and how Jay Levey (Gandhi II from UHF, also Al’s long-time manager) walked MM through the process, step by step. Gerry is a great guy, and TJ, and Stephen, and and and…

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:This is one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard on pinside. That’d be an incredible game if executed well!

Seconded!

#2304 1 year ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

It was one of the big questions I wrestled with before I bought my P3. I kept hearing about the "empty" playfield. When I set it next to my Elvira HOH the scoops are right at the same position as the crypt shot. It really did turn out to be a non issue.

Multimorphic has been saying this for literally YEARS! Glad to see it live and in technicolor

#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

So I get to be the first pinball shil to complement this great stream on this forum.
The format seemed off the cuff, but was very effective. You all are good pinball players and still fell victim to the multiple quick (as it should be) outlane drains. Code is way too mature for a new release. Gameplay was fun to watch and the final game with no dialogue was spot on.
Art, mechanics, rules, and sound are fabulous.
I ordered my P3 Feb 24, 2022 with Weird Al and Heist (and now FR). Still waiting, but that is ok. Another 6 weeks I am told. Very excited.
Kudos to you Kevin for being a true passionate ambassador for MM.
Congrats to gstellenberg, TheNoTrashCougar and all you folks at MM.

You missed the other thread

But 100% agree! The vast difference between code at release between MM and - I won’t name names but other recent new games I’ve purchased - is remarkable.

I wouldn’t mind at all if they revisited games every once in a while though, as the sales keep climbing! They are always pushing forward which is wonderful, but a couple of updates to existing games wouldn’t be terrible at the same time ..

#2339 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

At first it was just holding the flipper. Then I started to notice the flipper bat was loose. I had a good look over the weekend. The bat was loose on the shaft. It was sucking the ball energy and was forcing me to flip again to help it over to the camera lock.
This is not an official MM fix but my own experimentation: Took the bat/shaft out of the game, centered the roll pin in the hole and dropped a bit of epoxy in there. It was already a "permanent" installation since it's a roll pin as opposed to a set screw. The only way to get the bat off the shaft to replace it would be to break it.
Anyway the fix worked for me. Now that there is no more slop I am once again hitting the camera by just holding the flipper up after the upper mezzanine loop.

Geez, I need to try this, I've been trying to actively flip it, and... well you can just forget about it 99/100.

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Well the fuse was blown so I took the one from my heist and now it blew that one. Where can I buy those smaller 6a fuses
Any other ideas? Connections look good
[quoted image]

Oh hell. Definitely open a ticket with Multimorphic support. TJ will help you sort out the connection or if something’s awry. There are connections on the back of the playfield too. He will know where to check on the game, and they get back to you fast

#2359 1 year ago

Nevermind. Not a single ball will launch on the playfield...
Any helpful hints on this issue to cut through all the steps on the support document? Unfortunately you can't adjust both screws on this module as the back bar is in the way. I can't get a single ball to come up on the playfield. Adjusted the coil strength. Tightened the right side where I could see the balls deflecting. Don't see any dents on the other tubes.
Lovin it....

Mine had this issue too - it's just one of those things with the removable playfields - even minute differences can keep a ball from going through the VUK to the playfield. Is it launching at all - mine had an issue where the left VUK would get the ball up but it was bouncing back down immediately. I had to lower the strength a bit and bend the scoop in the back

#2369 1 year ago

Messing with mine. Where is this menu?

Word of warning guys - the crane is. a HUUUUUUUUGE pain to get dialed in. Don’t screw around with it unless it’s really not working

#2372 1 year ago

Both orbits? My right one was about an inch out of true and I’ve bent it back. Crane is working after some janky calibration attempts. Problems with all the vuk shutes as well had me out of commission for a good hour or two. I’ve had more than my share of problems throughout my short P3 ownership. I’m hoping it gets better.
Good thing is the game is awesome! Absolutely loving it so far. Shots don’t feel as natural and take more aim/practice than I was expecting. The short time limits to get things accomplished really adds to the tension in the game. Can’t wait to get further into it and see what’s waiting for me. I think Weird Al will be in the box for a bit!

Glad you got it working! BTW MM games are set up HARD. It’s an order of magnitude different from say, Stern code/rules. No extra balls, FAAAAAAAAR less real world ball save time. You do get used to it, makes you play better - and don’t forget the user profile/save/restore features

#2375 1 year ago

Multimorphic owner here to report on my experience with the system.
I love my Weird Al, but my experience with NIB from Multimorphic has been... Not good.
P3 base arrived damaged. Wasn't visible internally, but cross brace in back arrived crushed (box was pistine, pallet was damaged). I was promised a new one with my Heist which just arrived without the promised replacement piece. Was told it was just cosmetic.
Weird Al arrived with heavy bugs. Took over a month to get it fixed with parts from Multimorphic. Multiple balls on playfield where first one drained would end game. Extremely difficult to dial in the launch vuks. Multimorphic was helpful in getting it fixed but it was still 30 days plus.
Just got my Heist. Perfect box again, but lane guides were heavily bent making game unplayable. I've requested new ones but have bent the old ones with pliers... orbits are sort of makeable now. One of the ramps doesn't work (register shots). Crane doesn't work (won't retract) making game mostly unplayable.
So... par for the course is get a new game from multimorphic then add a month of troubleshooting time to get it working because it gets damaged in shipping and/or there are factory issues that are not caught.
I am mentally preparing for an extra month after delivery to get any new module working along with hours of troubleshooting. I still love the machine and like the concept, but at this point in time I have to say that in ordering a machine I expect hours of troubleshooting and weeks of back and forth with tech support to get it working.

That really sucks, sorry to hear it. I’m a long time P3 owner and that experience is SO different from what I found when buying and dealing with Multimorphic. Everything arrived well-packed, undismayed. While I did have to deal with a ribbon cable or two getting unplugged in transit, that was basically it. Hopefully that month of troubleshooting translates to a rock solid machine thereafter

The crane on Heist has a ribbon cable underneath that can get bunched up if it isn’t aligned correctly. There is also a screw or two behind the cable which can contribute to the cable getting messed up if it backs out. Takes about 10 minutes to fix though so check that for sure

#2396 1 year ago

Ooh, that's the first report of that. I have a standard Weird Al, so I didn't realize the topper did anything aside from (potentially) light show integration in Drained. It would only impact certain shows if that was the case. At least, I think so!
Is Al moving during Drained? That's totally unintentional and I'll need to figure out why, if so.

Don’t fix it! I’m ordering a Drained pretty soon!

#2436 1 year ago

My understanding (and someone else can weigh in) is that they are tied to a base machine. So, for example, if you buy the pitch and bat for the Cannon Lagoon module and then sell Cannon Lagoon, the downloaded does not transfer with the Canon lagoon module. However, if you sold that P3 base in the future it would have the Pitch and Bat on it ready to go if you bought another Canon Lagoon.

They do not transfer. They are tied to the account and not technically the machine AFAIK (not 100% but it’s more or less the same thing). Part of this I think is the Lower cost - those games are produced as loss leaders for Multimorphic (and Nick Baldridge) and they’ve got to made back the expense somewhere.

But the scenario where one might buy back a module later does seem to apply.

#2445 1 year ago
Quoted from EE_PinMike:

Per Gerry:
Currently we don't force machines to be online to do dynamic permission checks. So mini-games are assigned to and stay with the machine. Machines that have mini-games are sold/transferred with those mini-games.

Thanks for the clarification!

#2449 1 year ago

Hope you guys get those issues sorted out soon - the crane adds SO much to the game! But if you think about it, boy is it complicated. pivots, extends/retracts, magnet, switches, etc.

#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I honestly disagree about the crane...it adds things that aren't at all relevant to completing the game. It's a cool mech if it's working and the side jobs are fun but serve no purpose but to show off the mechs in the game. All of us who've gotten Heists recently have it with a non-functional crane + other issues. I love the game, but the crane is a headache that isn't particularly well-integrated purely from a rules perspective in my opinion.
Not trying to be Debbie Downer or anything, just my two cents. If I wasn't waiting now over 2 weeks for some parts for my subway optos, I would have Heist back in my game and just disable the crane in software.

I think you'll disagree about integration once you get it working. It's kind of important from a rules perspective in for example... Crane multiball. The way itgrabs the ball and throws it at you and has to be bashed to finish the mode are pretty important. Also the Cat Burglar mode it holds the ball until you complete enough of the mode and then it turns it into a 2-ball multiball. I'll grant you that one is more of a "cool effect" than really super-integrated into the mode, but it's a great way to start the multiball part of the mode.

#2453 1 year ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

My crane worked long enough for me to experience how it integrates. You don't need to play either police or crane multiballs to finish the game and collect all the gems, for example. They're gimmicks for people who miss their shots regularly enough to hit those targets or collect the cash on the screen.
You can complete cat burglar without the ball on the crane as well and still get two balls via a VUK once you get to phase 2.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. No game I've played has *every* mode all tied into the final wizard mode like that. Just from my collection, Monster Bash doesn't require Mosh Pit multiball to qualify Monsters of Rock, Halloween doesn't require the Judith/Tombstone mode to get to the final wizard mode, Godzilla has like 10 multiballs that aren't required for the final wizard mode. Anyway, the fact that you can complete modes and the game without the crane aren't a demonstration of how the crane "isn't required" so much as a testament to Multimorphic's being responsible with their code so the game isn't a paperweight if there's an issue. The game is playable, but most certainly less fun without the crane. Same as any game where a mech isn't working -

#2461 1 year ago

Dang, first day and you’ve played all the jewel heists and the Wizard mode? Even saving my progression, it took some time to see and complete the wizard mode.

I *STILL* can't finish the wizard mode, even with save states! (granted, Weird Al is currently camping out in my P3, but still!)

#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:I switched the boards and it all worked!
So it must of been a board issue. I updated the ticket and asked TJ if there is a way to fix my bad one. Otherwise, I’ll just order a new one. The good news is we now have weird Al 100 percent and CCR so the family with have options over Easter while we wait for the board.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Glad to hear this! What I'm confused about is how this even happened in shipping. Did something get disconnected/reconnected?

#2504 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Not sure, could have been the bad coil or he said if I disconnected the harness while on. I don’t remember doing that but who knows I guess. there was a wire disconnected from shipping. It was for the targets so I’d doubt that was it

Well, glad you figured it out!

1 week later
#2590 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Aright, I picked up a P3 system locally yesterday and have a few issues/questions. I spent a couple hours last night researching (more researching than playing) and only came up with a few answers. I'm pretty comfortable working on traditional pins, but this one has me pulling a little hair out.
-How do I find the default settings for having both top and bottom flippers triggered by one button? I created my profile and see I can set it there. Is that it? Is there not a "default for machine" setting?
-How accurate is the onscreen leveling? Mine jumps about .8 degrees constantly, even when everything is dead still. That makes accurately leveling a challenge. I tried using my traditional digital level but it was very different depending on where on the playfield I was measuring which was interesting. I assume the clear plastic playfield isn't 100% flat.
-This is the most important one: I have multiple games that are having VUK issues. I hear the coil firing, and sometimes I see a ball trying to make it up (90% of the way), sometimes it's in the machine and I see nothing. I pulled the playfields out a dozen times last night trying to troubleshoot. I've read everywhere that the alignment for these is adjustable, but other than for Weird Al (which I don't have) I don't see directions for this.
I've had some other issues that I'm still troubleshooting, but the above are the big ones right now. Any help is greatly appreciated!

There aren't any global settings for the top/bottom flippers - I believe that's set per-game, and per-profile, as you found

The onscreen leveling is impossible to use. Just use a physical level.

The VUKs definitely are important to line up, and they do kind of vary per machine (not per playfield). Weird Al has the easiest to line up, it's just 2 big screws. Which games do you have? It may not be the VUK itself, but the top part of the playfield. I had to adjust my Heist VUK strength down so the ball wasn't bouncing off the scoop hood

#2594 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Excellent info (all of it) - thanks!

I have CCR, Lexy, Cannon Lagoon, and Heist. The only VUK issue I seem to have now is on CL. On the left VUK the ball makes it half the time, the other half of the time it makes it 80% up. I cranked the power even though it works fine for the other modules (it was near max already) and didn't help. If it's an alignment issue, which I assume it is, I need to really look hard at the tube to understand what I can align. I hear:

but don't know what that means exactly. I've used nylon washers to shim other up post coil mounting brackets, but I'm not seeing something on this that is similar. Now that I know that's a real option, I'll look at it again (for the 18th time, haha). Also, the previous owner mentioned laying some blue tape on the "VUK tube stop", which there's already some on there now.
I do have other questions:
-The only way I can get Lexy to work is with 9 balls. If I use any more, I can hear (what I believe is) the "drain coil" firing over and over, with all of the balls stuck in that area and none in the VUK area or the tray in front of it. Any suggestions?
-Also on Lexy, the screen shows some distortion/static at times. Is this a fancy effect, or is something off? (see pics)[quoted image][quoted image]

It may be worth checking the CL VUK tubes for metal burrs - I’ve seen that (only once) on another machine and it was keeping the alignment from being more precise. Definitely an alignment issue.

The Lexy situation with the 9 balls you definitely want to address - Heist expects 15 balls and I believe the VUKs are set on an angle so the balls will roll down to the lowest one. I had an issue with my Weird Al because I didn’t have enough balls, and the rightmost VUK was empty, so nothing ever came up from there

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Can someone confirm the styrofoam box inserts are the same for every module? Someone said "yes" in an earlier post, but mine are definitely NOT the same amongst my three boxes. Perhaps one of them got switched or something. If someone wants to be extra charitable and send a pic of what the inserts -should- look like, I'd greatly appreciate it.

They're not the same, different playfields have weight in different spots, and need support in different locations, so you should expect them to be different.

#2620 1 year ago

After a week of Heist ownership... I like it, but it is a different pinball experience. While Weird Al feels like a Bally Williams, Heist Feels like it's own unique thing. I like the rules, but Heist is the only pinball machine I play sitting down. Heist isn't as "tense" as Weird Al, or most pinball machines. Maybe it's the music (which is very fitting for the theme), maybe its the animations, but I don't feel like there are any "by the seat of your pants" moments in the game, or I have not reached them yet. Since Multimorphic replaced the one that showed up damaged from shipping (thank you) it has been rock solid with not so much as stuck ball. I really like it, but I can't really compare it to much else out there.
I am still planning on bringing Weird Al, and now Heist to the Allentown show if anyone would like to try them out and/or get a tour. I still have my repaired 3d printed parts underneath the playfield that I had repaired, but have the replacements Multimorphic sent if those don't hold up. Overall I'm still really enjoying the game(s) and am looking forward to the CCr showing up next month (fingers crossed) and Final Resistance sometime over the summer. 3 or 4 modules will be the limit on the system though and something will have to go when something else comes in.

The individual heists have some “seat of your pants” moments, but the big thrill is really the Big Final Heist; I have not been able to get too far in it, I need to revisit that game.

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I prefer Heist to Weird Al. I find Weird Al a bit too easy. There are no real rewards for completing modes. You only need to start them - I agree this is more in line with 90's Bly/Wms games. Last week I actually managed to get to stage 3 of running with scissors on ball 1. The only tense part IS running with scissors since you only have 30 secs to complete the shots of each phase, and there are 17 phases to complete with multiple shots each.
Heist is hard. It's hard in the build up and either very hard or insanely hard in the wizard mode, depending on whether you got the bonus items when you collected the team members. I have save states for Heist and even at the final 15-ball MB, I can't finish it. Hitting the cross-town shot when in MB and when you can't stage the shot is so hard. I can't even fathom completing the game in 1 go without save states although I have seen KevInBuffalo do it on stream
I haven't even started to consider getting the other heists done in addition to the final one. This game just has so much to offer. I wonder if something special happens when you manage to collect ALL the jewels in the game.
I've only had the game for a few weeks and I still need to rotate WAMONH in there to keep my wife happy lol.
Heist keeps me coming back for more. Weird Al not so much because I know that my game will likely last at least 20-30 mins most times I hit the start button. I got rid of LOTR because of long game times. Weird Al stays though because my wife prefers Weird Al. She hates Heist (finds it way too hard).
It's really subjective and it's whatever floats your boat, just like traditional pins. Some like them some don't.
The other games I'm super stoked about are FR and SA. Lexy should ship to me this week. Can't wait to try it. I have a feeling Lexy will be a bit like Heist but slightly easier.

Lexy is pretty great - I do wish the visuals were more updated (more in line with their other games), but the shots are awesome to hit. It’s not terribly hard but certainly near the top as far as “fun”

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Quick question for those more experience with playfield swaps....
My machine came with Weird Al and I just got Heist and wanna try it out, do I or can I put the Weird Al module in the Heist box? I know that's probably a dumb question, but I know each module is unique in terms of mechs\design and figured the packaging for each module is custom to account for the uniqueness of each module, so I didn't know if I could just set in the Weird Al module face up in the Heist box and if that would possibly damage any mechs on the bottom side or if I should put it sideways so not mechs get potentially damaged?
Thanks for the help.

Pretty much all the games will fit in each other's boxes. I've not specifically tried Weird Al in the Heist box, but every other game works. The foam can be worked around and they don't seem to be ALL that different between games. Yes, they *are* different but they mostly hold up the same spots.

DO. NOT. DO NOT put the playfield on its side permanently. The heaviest-duty parts of that playfield are the VUK chutes underneath. Let them protect the rest of the game!

#2647 12 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Have they ever talked about supporting a shaker motor? I think a shaker could be really cool.

Pretty unlikely, per Multimorphic. But you can always crank the bass!

#2653 12 months ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Question about Lexy Lightspeed gameplay: when does the mini display on the module become active? I've played a couple games and it only displays a black screen with the multimorphic logo. I haven't played Lexy in a couple years but I thought that screen played an active role. Is mine acting normal? If not, any ideas on a solution?

It should be on all the time when you start a game. Mine developed a similar issue and MM sent me an image to burn onto that small display’s SD card. I’d open a support ticket, easy fix.

#2657 12 months ago
Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Haven't fixed it yet, but multimorphic replied to my ticket with in 30 minutes. On a Friday night, it's not something I would expect. Service alone makes these guys stand out.

They are really really awesome, the service is well thought out and the documentation is extremely well written. I’ve done FaceTime calls with TJ to do troubleshooting, it’s really impressive

1 week later
#2686 11 months ago

So... after being on the P3 bandwagon then falling off when I had some issues with the game I am now firmly back on the P3 Multimorphic fan club bandwagon. That Weird Al was solid the entire show with not so much as a stuck ball. Didn't lift the glass for any reason... for 3 days of non stop abuse. I have a set of spares for the part that had physically broken but my hot glue repair of the original seems solid. What other pin can you fix with hot glue? When I opened it up to tear it down the machine felt like an oven from non-stop play, but it was none the worse for wear. I am now stepping out that based on my experience, once you get it dialed in the machine is pretty solid. I do have a small repair in the cabinet I'd like to make before I even think of taking it to a show again, but other than that the machine is 100%... and I've got Cosmic Cart Racing coming this week after ordering it with Weird Al! With 3 modules I can rotate one out every week and always have something fresh to play. Will probably try out sorcerers apprentice the second time it rotates through. Very happy with the machine and the support I've gotten from Multimorphic despite them having to put up with my impatience. Looking forward to getting Final Resistance in a few months as well.

FAIR WEATHER FAN!!!

#2689 11 months ago

Cosmic Cart arrived in the mail! Woot!
No damage in shipping! Woot!
Plugged it in, fired it up and... vuks were misaligned like on Weird Al. Doh!
Went to remove it and adjust vuks and... it's physically jammed in and I can't remove the playfield.
Launched a trouble ticket, went to bed.
Woke up with an overnight answer on how to get the module out.
Opened it up, removed the module, slightly adjusted the vuk, its all lined up now.
Only got one game in so far so time can tell.
My only big regret in my purchase was getting the Weird Al as an LE. Having the topper on it for other games seems off. It does integrated into the Cosmic Cart with interactive lighting though.
Really sweet being able to play so many games on one table. I know there is DLC for this module but I'm going to wait a while before checking that out.[quoted image]

DLC? You mean the ENTIRE ALTERNATE GAME? well worth it when you take a break with CCR

#2694 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Favorite game on the P3? I've posted this before, and while all the new Weird Al people will disagree with me, below is how I rank the FULL games. Theme has a lot to do with this, but also the rules and diversity of gameplay. I think there's a chance Final Resistance could jump all the way to the top for me. TNA 2.0? Yes please!
Heist
Lexy

Socerer's Apprentice

CCR

Weird Al

Cannon Lagoon

See, this is why it’s great to have the options the platform provides. Heist isn’t my #1, but … well, maybe it is. BRB, going to put it in my P3…

#2719 11 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I am picking up a MM Weird Al on Thursday. It looks like the width of the cabinet and back box is 34 3/4 and the opening to my wife’s Nissan Armanda is 34 1/2. Is there a way to undo the back box ? Sterns are pretty easy with just taking off the hindges.

You’ll have to unplug a bunch of cables - hdmi, speaker wire, I think some LEDs, power, USB. Make sure you take photos though - most of them are obvious But there are a couple that get confusing.

#2731 11 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If you do this, make 100% sure the glass is appropriate for a pin. The last time I tried ordering locally from a glass company, despite giving them exact dimensions and telling them what it was for, they tried selling me a thinner sheet that wasn't tempered and would have shattered into a million pieces on first impact. Speaking of...

A) That sucks, sorry about that.
B) Make 101% sure every single piece of glass gets removed. I've seen pins owned by casual owners that had absolutely sanded playfields because they also broke their playfield glass, and just did a quick vacuum. The trace remains worked like sandpaper for...ten years. This was a NICE HUO pin...with a needlessly destroyed playfield.

Ok, honest answer time: How often is everyone adjusting/fixing the P3s? When I bought mine (used) I knew it needed some tweaking, but it's admittedly been more adjusting than I thought. Is this what's to be expected for P3 ownership? Or do many of you have units that will go hundreds of games between issues (like most modern pins I've owned)?

You do have to fiddle with the playfields sometimes when they come in, getting the VUKs dialed in, maybe a mech or two. And yes connectors do come loose in shipping. Maybe a spot of hot glue here or there would help?. And I had to fool with my walls/scoops for a LONG time because I misunderstood the adjustment instructions (and honestly it took longer to complain about it than actually fix it). That’s no longer an issue with the new design.

that’s pretty much it.

#2739 11 months ago

Just ordered some new glass from Pinball Life so I don't have to worry about the local place sending the wrong thing. Stuff happens and I don't know that another manufacturers glass wouldn't have exploded in the same way for seemingly no reason. Played a game of Weird Al glass off this morning and still loving it. I'll just wait a few weeks before trying to get CCR fully working to calm down a bit and stop whining for now. I still have some steps get the captive ball fixed from their help desk anyways.

I admire your attitude on this. It can get frustrating and even stressful when a game is down, and it gets old when it’s a repeat offender. Nothing wrong with letting off some steam to get the motivation to try again !

1 week later
#2751 11 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Thanks for the suggestions. I woke up this morning, powered up and now screen is back on. I have guests coming so not going to mess with it until they leave (the ambience is way better when that screen is actually on!).

Just leave it on! I have had my P3 on (with Heist, Lexy, Al, CL and CCR playfields installed) for DAYS.

#2757 11 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Just curious: How often does everyone swap playfields?
When I get a new playfield it can stay in for months!
- Mark

Not often. My game room area has become smaller after building a hockey practice area for my kid; as a result it’s a tight squeeze getting O3 playfields in and out. I’ve just had Weird Al in there since I got it months ago. Really hoping Multimorphic figures out the speaker panel situation soon; I paid a lot in premium for that LE kit.

#2760 11 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

CCR owners - what do you do with Cosmic Cart Racing? I like the idea of the races and avoiding crashes (drains?)- and having two different types of modes 1) more of a time or points or progress mindset (Arcade), and 2) career mode sounds really cool, and I like the idea of having upgradable engine tires, etc. But what are people going for in terms of targets/achievements? Not everything has to “be complete the six modes and achieve mini wizard, then achieve three multi balls, and then a final wizard mode”…. But I am struggling a little bit to understand my objective. (Yes, I know my objective is to have fun and enjoy flipping- which I do! But still, I feel like I’m missing something)

That game is intentionally designed NOT to be like a traditional pinball game (well, single player mode kind of is). Get points, go to new tracks… as has been stated, get RITR and SA to really flesh out that playfield

1 week later
#2784 10 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes very common and an east fix,99.9 % sure loose ribbon!

Yep. I still haven't fixed mine on the right side; there's a delicate balance between getting enough slack on that ribbon cable to keep it installed, and not allowing it to hang over the playfield and mess up the cross-mesh optos

#2785 10 months ago

I think it's time to say goodbye to Al and swap in Heist... haven't played that in a long time

#2789 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've gotten FABULOUS support when opening a ticket on their support site. Sometimes it's Gerry himself.

Same. And not that long ago. I know they've gotten a little busier but between the automatic logging (sometimes THEY reach out first!) and the crack squad of folks there, I'm really surprised to hear anyone is having trouble getting through

1 month later
#2838 9 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

OK after a couple hours most of my big issues are fixed! I am VERY impressed with how easy it is to service the P3! So nice to work on a module on my workbench instead of killing my back leaning into or under a full machine. The screen was easy to slide out and get under- great design Multimorphic!
I am still annoyed I had the issues in the first place- but they also taught me how easy it is to work on the P3

Glad to see this! Saw your first post just now, and I can assure you most of us know that feeling! But we also know the other feeling: how easy it is to work on these machines and how quickly you get support from the company and the community. I don’t know how they get any sleep, but we are all better for it.

1 week later
#2846 8 months ago

I’d use a black paint pen if it really bothered me.

That was going to be my suggestion. Make sure it’s a matte not gloss finish.

And then ignore it LOL

#2850 8 months ago

That appears to be the drop target height adjustment screw. It should be installed under the drop target reset plate to allow the drop target to remain level with the playfield when the target is dropped.
When you reinstall it, ensure that a ball can roll over the target and slow rolling balls rolling back over the dropped target will not get hung, and that the drop target can be manually latched when pushing the reset plate attached to the plunger up. Once you are satisfied with the height adjustment, tighten the wingnut to hold it in place.
There is a single drop target on WAMONH located on the left side of the module about 1/3 of the way back. It blocks the entrance to the ticket counter.

and maybe use some blue loctite once you get the height set!

#2854 8 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

The P3 still won't plunge any balls. If I'm going to diagnostics all VUKs fire except the Drain VUK does nothing.
On start up it doesn't kick the balls into the trough either.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas where to go from here?

How many balls did you install? There MUST be (at least) 15

#2863 8 months ago
Quoted from Travis82:

Is there a trick to getting it to pull back further? I have been pulling, jerking, and even tapping it with a screwdriver and hammer, and haven't been able to get it to move back any further yet. It's hard to get good leverage on it since it's in such a narrow spot.

They can be a bit tricky - you shouldn’t need to use a lot of force, but the alignment is tight. Try pulling up on it a tiny bit too

#2877 8 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd apply pressure to the adhesive as MrMikeman stated.
If that doesn't work; maybe some new adhesive and/or some heat (gun) to soften the adhesive to make it more responsive to sticking.

Mine did this briefly - I hit it with some spray adhesive and pressed it back in place. No issues after that

#2899 8 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I'm the same. Weird Al is great but Heist is the marquee game for the P3

Can’t wait to try out FR and see how it stacks up with those 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,499 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
309 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.