FDEC8702-526F-4B5E-B2E3-5889B9F39B54 (resized).jpeg
BD7EFB56-95A7-41D8-9E0C-D3F51EA3E9E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3017 (resized).jpeg
SYSCORE_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
SYSCORE_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg
AdditionalSpaceAfterDelivery (resized).jpg
SA_NO_CUTOUTS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 73.
#401 4 years ago

I have a confession...

I was one of those close minded types that wrote P3 off. Too far from traditional pinball, too this, too that. This premature judgement was established at a couple of shows where I had briefly played a game or two after waiting in line, not being able to hear over the hundreds of other games, and being more smitten with whatever latest game one of the majors had there.

Then Atlanta happened. SFGE is a show that is busy, but it is spread out among other hobbies and interests. There were times I could walk up and play games without a wait...on Saturday! I started playing games that were a little "off the beaten path" in my mind. One of those, was the P3, and specifically, Lexi. One game turned into two, then 4, then 10, then... I lost count. The only measure I had of the amount of games I had played was my face started hurting from smiling.

I then interviewed Gerry for our podcast. He was accommodating, passionate about pinball...and humble. The interview went great. I decided right then and there... I'm in.

I ordered the works. I have had it a week. I try to refrain from making any hot take, knee jerk claims for a bit after the honeymoon wears off but I am loving it, still. As much or more than those games I logged at Atlanta. Not only that, but my son is ASKING me to play pinball. I have a pretty large collection...and that has never happened. I am thrilled with that as much as I am the machine itself. I wanted to officially join the ranks of this club and this is my official application. I come to you reformed, and enlightened.

I hope that people look a little longer at P3. I feel it is a hidden gem, that is sometimes dismissed by the misinformed, the "sheep" mentality of chasing what you are SUPPOSED to, or stubbornly holding on to this notion that pinball has to remain stagnant in its innovation to be "worthy" of our time. I like the machine so much, I have been yelling it from my little hill of a podcast, among other things, to let people know that this under rated game deserves their attention. I will continue to do so. Wish me luck, and enjoy your P3s. I sure as hell am.

-Jason

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Wish me luck, and enjoy your P3s. I sure as hell am.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying it - welcome aboard! I, too, have really been enjoying the P3. I have yet to find something that is not a joy - playing, spectating, working on, programming, introducing to folks new to pinball or new to the P3... I love it all.

Gerry is also a great guy, and he and the entire team are very dedicated to supporting their product, which I believe speaks incredible volumes about the type of people, the type of company that is Multimorphic. Can't wait for more games and P3 news.

#403 4 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Jason. We appreciate your honesty and are of course glad to see you found enlightenment.

I listened to your latest podcast on the way in from work today. It sounds like Matt's enjoying the machine too!
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-35-ten-compelling-questions-in-pinball/

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

1 week later
#404 4 years ago

Had a mighty airball earlier, ended up with a stuck ball under the scary warning.

Took me a while to find it too.

IMG_20190814_183751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190814_183751 (resized).jpg
#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Had a mighty airball earlier, ended up with a stuck ball under the scary warning.
Took me a while to find it too.[quoted image]

That's a fairly common stuck spot on the first few runs of games. It's not a big deal in LL-EE because the game doesn't care how many balls are in the trough and will just launch another one after failing to free it with ball search. We have an updated plastic + post that blocks the gap in that area. If you want to install it and if your machine is linked to your account on multimorphic.com, PM or email me your username, and we'll send you the replacement plastic for the cost of shipping. All owners can do this.

- Gerry

#406 4 years ago

Check out this playfield storage cart one of our customers made for his P3 modules!

I'm curious to know if there's enough interest for a commercial version of this (possibly a closed frame, cabinet-looking version instead of open frame). Please reply or PM me with your thoughts.

- Gerry

playfieldCaddy1 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy1 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy2 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy2 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy3 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy3 (resized).jpg
#407 4 years ago

I would love to see an available, covered storage solution for modules. I currently use the shipping box but something nicer would be great. Maybe even something multifunctional, like a storage bench of some kind.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Check out this playfield storage cart one of our customers made for his P3 modules!
I'm curious to know if there's enough interest for a commercial version of this (possibly a closed frame, cabinet-looking version instead of open frame). Please reply or PM me with your thoughts.
- Gerry[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love something like that but covered

#409 4 years ago

Yes! However, I think a vertical orientation might be better for long term (you can't store it under the game, but that becomes impractical with three playfields).

For the Multi-Bingo, I ended up building wooden supports for each playfields' unique mechs and hanging them on my wall. As these playfields cannot mount flat (or near flat) due to the more squared off shape, something like a playfield armoire would be welcome - on castors.

Done right, perhaps two playfields could store facing each other stacked three or four high? With two sides, you could have a total of 12 or 16 playfields... Cost is probably an issue at that point, but it would work for home developers and owners into the future.

Oh! And to help with cost, maybe ship unassembled?

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Yes! However, I think a vertical orientation might be better for long term (you can't store it under the game, but that becomes impractical with three playfields).

I could see this depending on somebody's gameroom setup. Having a 2-module rack under the machine might allow people to have easy access to their favorite 3 (1 in the machine, 2 under the machine). Then having a wall rack of 20 playfields for the rest would be great for those of you with space Playfield #4 is coming along nicely. It'll be a little while before we reach 20.

- Gerry

#411 4 years ago

Just put in the ccr module tonight. Game has no sound and when the ball gets kicked up to begin the game, it goes nowhere. Just pops up and falls back down into the hole.

Any help?!

#412 4 years ago

Reseated connectors, sound now works, but ball launch still not working right.

Also, the module was very difficult to install and seems next to impossible to lift out again

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

module was very difficult to install and seems next to impossible to lift out again

Are the locking tabs on the upper playfield clearing the latches?

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Are the locking tabs on the upper playfield clearing the latches?

That's where we're stuck.

I can't move it. The back slides slightly as it sits in the guides, but the front won't wiggle at all

#415 4 years ago

Playfield now latched, (couldn't get it out, but latched)

#416 4 years ago

Here's a horrible video of what's happening...

#417 4 years ago

Email @gstellenberg: [email protected]

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That's where we're stuck.
I can't move it. The back slides slightly as it sits in the guides, but the front won't wiggle at all

I had found that the tolerances on the ccr pf were pretty tight compared to lexy and CL. Took a bit of force to get it in and out a few times and then seated a bit better — albeit still tighter than the other two but Gerry can def. help you along with the whole team at multimorphic — when I had a different issue I received an extremely well done documentation with good pictures to assist with the issue — all in a matter of a few days. By a long long shot I’d say multimorphic has the best and most responsive Tech help when you need it. They also have a great bug reporting system as well for smaller issues they might address via coding.

#419 4 years ago

Or file a support ticket on their website:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Here's a horrible video of what's happening...

The ball should kick out and be caught by a magnet on the back board. Sounds like maybe that magnet isn't kicking in and grabbing the ball and it's just dropping back down. Maybe check if the magnet's working, make sure none of the cables for the magnet have come loose. And failing that contact Multimorphic they'll have it fixed in no time.

#421 4 years ago

We're discussing in email and will get to the bottom of it. Thanks to all of you who passed along ideas.

We recommend using [email protected] for support requests. That address goes to everybody on the support team, not just me. So it'll get you the fastest response during off hours.

- Gerry

#422 4 years ago

We're discussing in email and will get to the bottom of it. Thanks to all of you who passed along ideas.
We recommend using [email protected] for support requests. That address goes to everybody on the support team, not just me. So it'll get you the fastest response during off hours.
- Gerry

Appreciate the heads up, just thought I'd drop it here as sometimes it could be a simple thing another user experienced.

Got some quick responses, and very happy with the P3 response as well!

#423 4 years ago

- Gerry

I love stuff like this and major hat tip to whoever came up with it. I would be interested for sure if you guys offer something commercially made! A three playfield option would be even better. You know, just to future proof it! Haha

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Appreciate the heads up, just thought I'd drop it here as sometimes it could be a simple thing another user experienced.
Got some quick responses, and very happy with the P3 response as well!

Oh sorry, I was simply correcting the tech support email address. Definitely feel free to post anywhere for help.

- Gerry

2 months later
#425 4 years ago

Any new games coming out for this soon??

#428 4 years ago

So, you want an advanced announcement of an announcement of a future title?
I thought we as a community frowned upon that. ;D

Gerry has top men working on it... Top Men!

Are we talking about Pinball soon, or Real Life soon?
Because Pinball Soon apparently is 4-6years.

#429 4 years ago

Played Heads Up! At the show... Super fun. I haven't won yet, but the sun was in my eyes.

#430 4 years ago

From Houston:

P_20191116_144842 (resized).jpgP_20191116_144842 (resized).jpg
#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

From Houston:[quoted image]

Last two bullets are intriguing. I'll be following this!

#432 4 years ago

Played Heads Up! At the show... Super fun. I haven't won yet, but the sun was in my eyes.

#433 4 years ago

I haven't won yet, but the sun was in my eyes.

That room had no windows!
Was it the lamp light from the Marco booth?
Or the Flash lamps from my Stern Star Trek LE next too it?

1 week later
#434 4 years ago

New to the club. How do you create player profiles?

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New to the club. How do you create player profiles?

Figured it out on Lexy.

#436 4 years ago

New guy in the club bump! One of the reasons I bought this was for all the kids that are in and out of my house.

20191202_183635 (resized).jpg20191202_183635 (resized).jpg
#437 4 years ago

I've been meaning to post this, but I got to bring my P3 home from the Houston Arcade Expo! Excited to join the club! It's not often you get to say you brought 3 NIB pins home from a show!

P3 in gameroom (resized).jpgP3 in gameroom (resized).jpg
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I've been meaning to post this, but I got to bring my P3 home from the Houston Arcade Expo! Excited to join the club! It's not often you get to say you brought 3 NIB pins home from a show![quoted image]

Hoping to upgrade to the LCD monitor soon. What are your thoughts? How do you like Cosmic Cart?

#439 4 years ago

Have always been interested in this platform but can't justify the purchase until I see another meaningful release.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

until I see another meaningful release.

A major update to CCR has been announced to make it a more traditional 3-ball type game.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hoping to upgrade to the LCD monitor soon. What are your thoughts? How do you like Cosmic Cart?

The back box display is gorgeous. pictures can't do it justice. I highly recommend it.

I'm a big fan of CCR. I love flow games and I love Kart Racing games so it's right up my alley. From what I've hear the upcoming update is gonna be super cool.

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New guy in the club bump! One of the reasons I bought this was for all the kids that are in and out of my house.[quoted image]

That's by far my favorite thing about this machine. The kids love it, and I can switch things up easily for the short attention spans.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

A major update to CCR has been announced to make it a more traditional 3-ball type game.

Quoted from Sjsilver:

The back box display is gorgeous. pictures can't do it justice. I highly recommend it.
I'm a big fan of CCR. I love flow games and I love Kart Racing games so it's right up my alley. From what I've hear the upcoming update is gonna be super cool.

I can't wait for this. I thought the idea of CCR was kinda cool, but was not executed in a way that we found fun at all. I'm OK with non-traditional games, after-all, I've had Safecracker for 15 years. But they got caught up in letting the theme drive the experience, which in my opinion took the game from mediocre and made it worse. For example, they had a multiball in the game that featured a cool staging of the balls on the ramp. They removed the entire multiball because they didn't think it worked well with the racing dynamic.

I applaud doing something different, but as presented, this game never did anything for me (yes, I own it). I'm excited to see how the new version plays. I think the layout has some potential, but the original release just wasn't fun. Hopefully they've figured out how to up the fun-factor.

They also have a new "feature" game coming out that sounds like it could be really cool. I haven't heard the timeframe for either, but I'm looking forward to both.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

New guy in the club

Quoted from Sjsilver:

I got to bring my P3 home from the Houston Arcade Expo!

Congrats, guys!

Quoted from tjw998:

Quoted from Cheeks:

I can't wait for this.

We're super excited about this too. And to be clear, the update adds functionality; It won't take away existing gameplay modes. You'll be able to choose between the current racing modes (arcade mode and LAN play), as well as the new modes (career mode and WAN play). Career mode delivers a complete/traditional ruleset with modes and features that you're used to seeing in traditional pinball games, including heavy use of the ramp-locks and multiballs.

Quoted from Cheeks:

I thought the idea of CCR was kinda cool, but was not executed in a way that we found fun at all.

Heard. CCR was intended to deliver a fun arcade-style experience that wasn't bound by the 'rules' of traditional pinball, and I think it succeeds in that regard. Racing against people on different P3s is a blast (judging by players' reactions on location and at shows), and it provides a competitive type of gameplay that can't be achieved with a 3-ball, mode-based game. That said, it strays so far from traditional pinball that it didn't hit the mark with a lot of pinheads. We're fixing that with an update that not only delivers gameplay and fun-factor that will rival any traditional pinball game on the market today, we're also doing it for free. Upon release of the update, all existing CCR owners will be able to log onto their multimorphic.com accounts and download/install/enjoy the game immediatley.

Quoted from Cheeks:

They also have a new "feature" game coming out that sounds like it could be really cool.

Playfield #4 / traditional game #3... We've put out a variety of games in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience, but this game gets us back to our traditional pinball roots. Super fun playfield layout meets fantastic toys and tells an amazing story in a fully immersive world under glass. This game vaults Multimorphic into the pinball limelight. Setting expectations too high? Absolutely not. Oh, and of course it's an add-on kit; so it'll cost P3 owners a fraction of the price of a new traditional machine.

Quoted from Cheeks:

I haven't heard the timeframe for either, but I'm looking forward to both.

Two independent teams are working on these games full time.

- Gerry

#445 4 years ago

Congrats, guys!

We're super excited about this too. And to be clear, the update adds functionality; It won't take away existing gameplay modes. You'll be able to choose between the current racing modes (arcade mode and LAN play), as well as the new modes (career mode and WAN play). Career mode delivers a complete/traditional ruleset with modes and features that you're used to seeing in traditional pinball games, including heavy use of the ramp-locks and multiballs.

Heard. CCR was intended to deliver a fun arcade-style experience that wasn't bound by the 'rules' of traditional pinball, and I think it succeeds in that regard. Racing against people on different P3s is a blast (judging by players' reactions on location and at shows), and it provides a competitive type of gameplay that can't be achieved with a 3-ball, mode-based game. That said, it strays so far from traditional pinball that it didn't hit the mark with a lot of pinheads. We're fixing that with an update that not only delivers gameplay and fun-factor that will rival any traditional pinball game on the market today, we're also doing it for free. Upon release of the update, all existing CCR owners will be able to log onto their multimorphic.com accounts and download/install/enjoy the game immediatley.

Playfield #4 / traditional game #3... We've put out a variety of games in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience, but this game gets us back to our traditional pinball roots. Super fun playfield layout meets fantastic toys and tells an amazing story in a fully immersive world under glass. This game vaults Multimorphic into the pinball limelight. Setting expectations too high? Absolutely not. Oh, and of course it's an add-on kit; so it'll cost P3 owners a fraction of the price of a new traditional machine.

Two independent teams are working on these games full time.
- Gerry

You're killing it! Sounds like I got in at a great time! Can't wait...need to start saving up.

#446 4 years ago

My second P3 is coming on Thursday. Can't wait to link the pins together and see how much fun that will be

#447 4 years ago

we're also doing it for free

That's amazing! I can't wait. While I do enjoy the non-traditional gameplay of CCR at the moment, it currently feels like a single player focused game. When I have guests over, or play against my family, there is a lot of waiting around if I qualify and they don't. It sounds like this will bring a bit more balance to the gameplay (from a hotseat multiplayer perspective).

I'm also super looking forward to WAN play! I hope we can arrange some sessions with CCR owners on pinside. I think it would be fun to have a regular Tuesday evening race, for example.

...and I'm sure it goes without saying that I'm looking forward to the next full game as well.

#448 4 years ago

While I do enjoy the non-traditional gameplay of CCR at the moment, it currently feels like a single player focused game.

I've referenced Safecracker a bunch as a gameplay style comp for this game -- unlimited number of balls toward a time-based objective. While they each take the opposite perspective on how to handle multi-player games, they unfortunately both don't work. Safecracker switches players after every drain. News Flash: you drain ALL THE TIME in Safecracker. So, you might be switching every few seconds and it's impossible to get any flow as a player. CCR waits until the end to switch, which leaves people standing around forever. The reality: Neither game really works for multiple players. Now, CCR was designed with the ability to play simultaneous multi-player with linked machines. I'm guessing this may be fun, but what home environment has 2-4 machines linked up?

More than anything, I'm ready for Multimorphic to stop making diverse games for the express purpose of showing the vast capabilities of the platform, and focus on just making kick-ass fun games. Given the innovations in this venture, there's been a lot of walk before you can run, and with that, Gerry has felt the need to display the diverse capabilities of the platform, so that people understand what it can do. I think we're as much there as we need to be at this point. Gerry's view of building a platform is that not everyone will like every game, but there will be some games for everyone. This is great as long as lots of people own the platform. As much as I really like Lexi, the biggest limiting factor for the P3 is a killer game that people can't live without. Gerry understands this (we've talked about it).

Here's hoping the next full playfield game it what everyone's been waiting for.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Neither game really works for multiple players. Now, CCR was designed with the ability to play simultaneous multi-player with linked machines. I'm guessing this may be fun

It is super fun. I'm really interested in the WAN play, that should make things pretty excellent, even without the extra single player game.

#450 4 years ago

I am also a new P3 owner. We have the Lexy and Cannon Lagoon playfields right now. I'm interested to see what the new games are like, but the rest of my family loves the variety of all of the games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 20.00
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

There are 3,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.