Topic Stats

• 424 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by gstellenberg
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 119 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
playfieldCaddy2 (resized).jpg
playfieldCaddy3 (resized).jpg
playfieldCaddy1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190814_183751 (resized).jpg
8C9AC75F-73E6-43AA-96FB-7ADA2E764523 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190427_152456 (resized).jpg
15545605042015127097833251487732 (resized).jpg
901B1B5B-E149-48E7-9982-05172CFF3C32 (resized).jpeg
036E8891-7E96-4AC6-BB4D-3BC1C17DC0BA (resized).jpeg
51B25C71-50EB-4B33-BDF7-7B1E77FFD3DC (resized).jpeg
6F0C9B28-3D40-40D1-9FF8-0D6D0BF274EB (resized).jpeg
0D654B91-8BAE-4155-8AEA-FE5A05BB50BD (resized).jpeg
17BC243C-6661-4F1F-B670-2E13CD8E843C (resized).jpeg
552A8153-6320-4FCE-BF4A-D522367F11EC (resized).jpeg
BBDisplay-CCR2 (resized).jpg

There are 424 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 16 days ago

I have a confession...

I was one of those close minded types that wrote P3 off. Too far from traditional pinball, too this, too that. This premature judgement was established at a couple of shows where I had briefly played a game or two after waiting in line, not being able to hear over the hundreds of other games, and being more smitten with whatever latest game one of the majors had there.

Then Atlanta happened. SFGE is a show that is busy, but it is spread out among other hobbies and interests. There were times I could walk up and play games without a wait...on Saturday! I started playing games that were a little "off the beaten path" in my mind. One of those, was the P3, and specifically, Lexi. One game turned into two, then 4, then 10, then... I lost count. The only measure I had of the amount of games I had played was my face started hurting from smiling.

I then interviewed Gerry for our podcast. He was accommodating, passionate about pinball...and humble. The interview went great. I decided right then and there... I'm in.

I ordered the works. I have had it a week. I try to refrain from making any hot take, knee jerk claims for a bit after the honeymoon wears off but I am loving it, still. As much or more than those games I logged at Atlanta. Not only that, but my son is ASKING me to play pinball. I have a pretty large collection...and that has never happened. I am thrilled with that as much as I am the machine itself. I wanted to officially join the ranks of this club and this is my official application. I come to you reformed, and enlightened.

I hope that people look a little longer at P3. I feel it is a hidden gem, that is sometimes dismissed by the misinformed, the "sheep" mentality of chasing what you are SUPPOSED to, or stubbornly holding on to this notion that pinball has to remain stagnant in its innovation to be "worthy" of our time. I like the machine so much, I have been yelling it from my little hill of a podcast, among other things, to let people know that this under rated game deserves their attention. I will continue to do so. Wish me luck, and enjoy your P3s. I sure as hell am.

-Jason

#402 16 days ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Wish me luck, and enjoy your P3s. I sure as hell am.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying it - welcome aboard! I, too, have really been enjoying the P3. I have yet to find something that is not a joy - playing, spectating, working on, programming, introducing to folks new to pinball or new to the P3... I love it all.

Gerry is also a great guy, and he and the entire team are very dedicated to supporting their product, which I believe speaks incredible volumes about the type of people, the type of company that is Multimorphic. Can't wait for more games and P3 news.

#403 16 days ago

Thanks for the kind words, Jason. We appreciate your honesty and are of course glad to see you found enlightenment.

I listened to your latest podcast on the way in from work today. It sounds like Matt's enjoying the machine too!
https://slapsave.podbean.com/e/ep-35-ten-compelling-questions-in-pinball/

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

1 week later
#404 7 days ago

Had a mighty airball earlier, ended up with a stuck ball under the scary warning.

Took me a while to find it too.

IMG_20190814_183751 (resized).jpg
#405 6 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Had a mighty airball earlier, ended up with a stuck ball under the scary warning.
Took me a while to find it too.[quoted image]

That's a fairly common stuck spot on the first few runs of games. It's not a big deal in LL-EE because the game doesn't care how many balls are in the trough and will just launch another one after failing to free it with ball search. We have an updated plastic + post that blocks the gap in that area. If you want to install it and if your machine is linked to your account on multimorphic.com, PM or email me your username, and we'll send you the replacement plastic for the cost of shipping. All owners can do this.

- Gerry

#406 6 days ago

Check out this playfield storage cart one of our customers made for his P3 modules!

I'm curious to know if there's enough interest for a commercial version of this (possibly a closed frame, cabinet-looking version instead of open frame). Please reply or PM me with your thoughts.

- Gerry

playfieldCaddy1 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy2 (resized).jpgplayfieldCaddy3 (resized).jpg
#407 6 days ago

I would love to see an available, covered storage solution for modules. I currently use the shipping box but something nicer would be great. Maybe even something multifunctional, like a storage bench of some kind.

#408 6 days ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Check out this playfield storage cart one of our customers made for his P3 modules!
I'm curious to know if there's enough interest for a commercial version of this (possibly a closed frame, cabinet-looking version instead of open frame). Please reply or PM me with your thoughts.
- Gerry[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love something like that but covered

#409 6 days ago

Yes! However, I think a vertical orientation might be better for long term (you can't store it under the game, but that becomes impractical with three playfields).

For the Multi-Bingo, I ended up building wooden supports for each playfields' unique mechs and hanging them on my wall. As these playfields cannot mount flat (or near flat) due to the more squared off shape, something like a playfield armoire would be welcome - on castors.

Done right, perhaps two playfields could store facing each other stacked three or four high? With two sides, you could have a total of 12 or 16 playfields... Cost is probably an issue at that point, but it would work for home developers and owners into the future.

Oh! And to help with cost, maybe ship unassembled?

#410 6 days ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Yes! However, I think a vertical orientation might be better for long term (you can't store it under the game, but that becomes impractical with three playfields).

I could see this depending on somebody's gameroom setup. Having a 2-module rack under the machine might allow people to have easy access to their favorite 3 (1 in the machine, 2 under the machine). Then having a wall rack of 20 playfields for the rest would be great for those of you with space Playfield #4 is coming along nicely. It'll be a little while before we reach 20.

- Gerry

#411 6 days ago

Just put in the ccr module tonight. Game has no sound and when the ball gets kicked up to begin the game, it goes nowhere. Just pops up and falls back down into the hole.

Any help?!

#412 6 days ago

Reseated connectors, sound now works, but ball launch still not working right.

Also, the module was very difficult to install and seems next to impossible to lift out again

#413 6 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

module was very difficult to install and seems next to impossible to lift out again

Are the locking tabs on the upper playfield clearing the latches?

#414 6 days ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Are the locking tabs on the upper playfield clearing the latches?

That's where we're stuck.

I can't move it. The back slides slightly as it sits in the guides, but the front won't wiggle at all

#415 6 days ago

Playfield now latched, (couldn't get it out, but latched)

#416 5 days ago

Here's a horrible video of what's happening...

#418 5 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That's where we're stuck.
I can't move it. The back slides slightly as it sits in the guides, but the front won't wiggle at all

I had found that the tolerances on the ccr pf were pretty tight compared to lexy and CL. Took a bit of force to get it in and out a few times and then seated a bit better — albeit still tighter than the other two but Gerry can def. help you along with the whole team at multimorphic — when I had a different issue I received an extremely well done documentation with good pictures to assist with the issue — all in a matter of a few days. By a long long shot I’d say multimorphic has the best and most responsive Tech help when you need it. They also have a great bug reporting system as well for smaller issues they might address via coding.

#419 5 days ago

Or file a support ticket on their website:

pasted_image (resized).png

#420 5 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Here's a horrible video of what's happening...

The ball should kick out and be caught by a magnet on the back board. Sounds like maybe that magnet isn't kicking in and grabbing the ball and it's just dropping back down. Maybe check if the magnet's working, make sure none of the cables for the magnet have come loose. And failing that contact Multimorphic they'll have it fixed in no time.

#421 5 days ago

We're discussing in email and will get to the bottom of it. Thanks to all of you who passed along ideas.

We recommend using support@multimorphic.com for support requests. That address goes to everybody on the support team, not just me. So it'll get you the fastest response during off hours.

- Gerry

#422 5 days ago

We're discussing in email and will get to the bottom of it. Thanks to all of you who passed along ideas.
We recommend using support@multimorphic.com for support requests. That address goes to everybody on the support team, not just me. So it'll get you the fastest response during off hours.
- Gerry

Appreciate the heads up, just thought I'd drop it here as sometimes it could be a simple thing another user experienced.

Got some quick responses, and very happy with the P3 response as well!

#423 4 days ago

- Gerry

I love stuff like this and major hat tip to whoever came up with it. I would be interested for sure if you guys offer something commercially made! A three playfield option would be even better. You know, just to future proof it! Haha

#424 3 days ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Appreciate the heads up, just thought I'd drop it here as sometimes it could be a simple thing another user experienced.
Got some quick responses, and very happy with the P3 response as well!

Oh sorry, I was simply correcting the tech support email address. Definitely feel free to post anywhere for help.

- Gerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 269.00
Lighting - Led
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 259.99
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 424 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside