PXL_20240603_223459620.jpg
IMG_0848 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0478 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0481 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240515_183252_Chrome (resized).jpg
17158187222171088887381276327593 (resized).jpg
ComingSoon (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 76.
#3651 57 days ago

Just sharing these killer boxes TheNoTrashCougar designed, for those who may not be on social media.

Really excited to try them out!

https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-p3-low-profile-button-box-assembly.html

#3652 57 days ago

And for those who aren’t in the discord, here are some “tron style” button boxes I made. Nothing too crazy, just reprinted the factory ones with some clear PLA, and added some 3mm COB LEDs inside.

Fun little bit of tinkering, but I’ll be swapping in the low profile/stage flip boxes from PBL once they arrive!

IMG_0478 (resized).jpegIMG_0478 (resized).jpegIMG_0481 (resized).jpegIMG_0481 (resized).jpeg
#3653 52 days ago

I was able to play a game in the Golden State pinball festival.

The two biggest queues of people waiting to play were Stern’s John Wick and Princess Bride.

Game looks nice and was fun, the only thing I didn’t like was the end game screen that shows an empty room.

Looking forward to P3 getting more licenses.

#3654 52 days ago
Quoted from korgakoth:

I was able to play a game in the Golden State pinball festival.
The two biggest queues of people waiting to play were Stern’s John Wick and Princess Bride.
Game looks nice and was fun, the only thing I didn’t like was the end game screen that shows an empty room.
Looking forward to P3 getting more licenses.

Also played TPB at GSPF! Game was super fun!

The module looks "smaller" somehow than WAY and FiRe but the Cliffs of Insanity mech is really neat and I like the seamless way the balls pop out of the ramps. TONS of movie quotes and scenes everywhere.

#3655 52 days ago

Question: cosmic Kart playfield (which can be used for Ranger in the ruins and sorcerer) or Drained playfield?

#3656 52 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Question: cosmic Kart playfield (which can be used for Ranger in the ruins and sorcerer) or Drained playfield?

do you like EM style games?

Cosmic kart will offer the "most" content (have to pay for), but Drained is from a 3rd party and has a 3rd party game coming out for it! I think if you like the rules and gameplay of older games, drained is great. If you like new style ramps, lights speed, CCR. BUT the real answer is both :-p

Cosmic kart
RITR
Sorcerer

Drained
drained mini
new game?

#3657 52 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Cosmic kart will offer the "most" content (have to pay for), but Drained is from a 3rd party and has a 3rd party game coming out for it! I think if you like the rules and gameplay of older games, drained is great. If you like new style ramps, lights speed, CCR. BUT the real answer is both :-p
Cosmic kart
RITR
DDD
Sorcerer
Drained
drained mini
new game?

I believe the new Drained game mode is being streamed by Buffalo Pinball on June 1st. Might help make your decision.

#3658 52 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Cosmic kart
RITR
DDD
Sorcerer
Drained
drained mini
new game?

I thought DDD was only on heist and soon to come to princess bride.

#3659 52 days ago

Got my delivery today from PBL, button boxes are a pretty simple 15 min install. They work great!

Here’s a little mini-demo video:

IMG_0848 (resized).jpegIMG_0848 (resized).jpeg
#3660 52 days ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Got my delivery today from PBL, button boxes are a pretty simple 15 min install. They work great!

Oh man didn't even know these existed. I like these much better!

#3661 52 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is correct. DDD does not support CCR, but does support Heist and will support TPB very soon.

#3662 51 days ago

Here’s a little mini-demo video: [quoted image]

Those look great, got my order in.

#3663 51 days ago

I just learned about them from a Buffalo Pinball video. Order placed!

It appears to use the original button spacing. I do wish that the buttons were closer to each other.

https://www.pinballlife.com/complete-p3-low-profile-button-box-assembly.html

- Mark

#3664 51 days ago

Omg what am I doing….. you’re right

#3665 51 days ago

How does the button staging work in practice?

#3666 51 days ago

Probably a dumb question, but I couldn't tell from the PBL site: Does the new set of boxes come with buttons ready to plug n play or do you have to swap the buttons/switches over to the new boxes?

#3667 51 days ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Sorry, could you rephrase?

Probably a dumb question, but I couldn't tell from the PBL site: Does the new set of boxes come with buttons ready to plug n play or do you have to swap the buttons/switches over to the new boxes?

All complete! Swap takes maybe 10-15 minutes, super easy

#3668 50 days ago
Quoted from icyjones:

There is a bunch of good content about it on Youtube.

--Scott

#3669 43 days ago

Has anyone received their update kit yet? I ordered mine on May 16th and it's been crickets.

#3670 43 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Has anyone received their update kit yet? I ordered mine on May 16th and it's been crickets.

Ordered May 7th. Received May 15th. They did say the kits would be shipped out in batches of 100 every couple of weeks, depends on what batch you ended up in. Shoot them an email.

#3672 43 days ago

I also ordered on the 7th and received on the 15th. If you want to see where in the queue you are, just send email to sales, Sarah will let you know.

#3673 43 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ordered mine on the 7th and got it on the 17th

#3674 43 days ago

Thanks guys. I sent Gerry an email. Maybe cause I ordered late.

#3675 43 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I ordered on the 8th and when I asked about the order status they said mid June.

#3676 42 days ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I ordered on the 8th and when I asked about the order status they said mid June.

This aligns with what multimorphic told me via email. Next batch mid June.

#3677 39 days ago

So this company is getting harder and harder for me to continue to support.

Here's a picture from the front of the scoop on my final resistance module.

The machine has 248 plays.

The playfield surface is just wearing off.

I paid $3400 for this module. This is just so insane that this would be considered acceptable quality.

PXL_20240603_223459620.jpgPXL_20240603_223459620.jpg

#3678 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Got mine a few days ago

#3679 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

So this company is getting harder and harder for me to continue to support.
Here's a picture from the front of the scoop on my final resistance module.
The machine has 248 plays.
The playfield surface is just wearing off.
I paid $3400 for this module. This is just so insane that this would be considered acceptable quality.
Modules are basically disposable. Complete junk. [quoted image]

Oof... might want to think about putting down a strip of mylar to keep things from getting worse. If you ask multimorphicnthey may be able to get you a replacement decal, but that's up to them. Good luck!

#3680 39 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Oof... might want to think about putting down a strip of mylar to keep things from getting worse. If you ask multimorphicnthey may be able to get you a replacement decal, but that's up to them. Good luck!

I posted prematurely because I'm so frustrated but I just created a ticket and hope they make this right. I want to give them the opportunity to address it.

I just don't know how this didn't show up during testing.

I've never seen anything like this before.

I'm going to throw a strip of mylar on it to prevent it from getting worse but this is unacceptable.

#3681 39 days ago

Mine still looks minty at 192 games played. No mylar yet but I'll probably add some just in case after your report. But I also lowered the scoop eject power a bit. At default strength it was hitting the bottom of the right slingshot and by lowering it a bit it now feeds the right flipper.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

PXL_20240604_013007379 (resized).jpgPXL_20240604_013007379 (resized).jpgPXL_20240604_013124946.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240604_013124946.MP (resized).jpg
#3682 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I posted prematurely because I'm so frustrated but I just created a ticket and hope they make this right. I want to give them the opportunity to address it.
I just don't know how this didn't show up during testing.
I've never seen anything like this before.
I'm going to throw a strip of mylar on it to prevent it from getting worse but this is unacceptable.

I wonder if something changed in the decal. Thickness? The only other damage I've seen reported was on that routed Weird Al. 248 plays is way too soon I would think.

#3683 39 days ago

Got to play a recently made P3. Shoots great! Assume it's got the newer hardware upgrades as flippers were solid and found the whole thing really neat.

#3684 39 days ago

Just to follow up - Multimorphic is making this right. Gerry reached out to me to offer to repair the playfield.

I was correct in my previous assumption that I posted prematurely in my frustration and didn't give Multimorphic a fair chance to fix the issue.

I would recommend to anyone to preemptively apply mylar to any areas where the ball ejects onto the playfield surface because it just doesn't seem robust enough to take the wear from the impact and you're better off just replacing a strip of mylar vs fixing the playfield surface.

1 week later
#3685 32 days ago

Why is the resale value on p3 machines so bad?
Looks like you can get this game for $6,000 to $7000 cheaper than a new one box one. Good deal but even at this price the game will probably sit for a while.

IMG_2412 (resized).pngIMG_2412 (resized).png

#3686 32 days ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Looks like you can get this game for $6,000 to $7000 cheaper than a new one box one. Good deal but even at this price the game will probably sit for a while.
[quoted image]

One of Multimorphic's best features is its excellent customer and warranty support. Unfortunately the P3's warranty is non-transferrable if purchased from anyone except a dealer.

#3687 32 days ago

One of Multimorphic's best features is its excellent customer and warranty support. Unfortunately the P3's warranty is non-transferrable if purchased from anyone except a dealer.

I don't know how much of a factor that is. What pinball manufacturers have a transferable warranty? How has that impacted prices accross the industry? Pinball prices in general for the past couple months have been on the consistent decline. P3s have held a resale value of around $8500 for a while from what I've seen. $7500 isn't much lower considering the overall market trend. One problem the P3 faces, is that it's hard to create the FOMO that exists with other games. The business model is based on pinball players, not pinball collectors. So the artificial value that has been happening in the rest of the industry for the past 4 years hasn't really supported the P3 resale values. IMHO.

#3688 32 days ago

Do these require a lot of maintenance?

#3689 32 days ago

That has not been my experience.

#3690 32 days ago

Unfortunately the P3's warranty is non-transferrable if purchased from anyone except a dealer.

That's the official position (as it is with all manufacturers), but the reality is you'll get really good support as a second-hand buyer.

#3691 31 days ago

I think the only reason we're even talking about a transferable warranty is because it's so long (two years). Nobody else gives you a long enough official one to even worry about. Any used machine I've ever bought by any manufacturer has been sold as is.

My P3 required a bit of dialing in when new but certainly a lot less than my new Sterns did (don't get me started on my LAST Stern... missing GI bulbs, bad molex connectors, foreign object debris, terrible soldering, and a faulty node board). I can't really comment on maintenance yet since it's very new.

#3692 31 days ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

That's the official position (as it is with all manufacturers), but the reality is you'll get really good support as a second-hand buyer.

I'll second that! They've been great with me. Very happy to be in the family

#3693 31 days ago

[quoted image]

I think a lot of it is because it’s not a dedicated ‘game’ that you collect, but a platform for games.

That’s a great price and doomid is a legit seller so if you want in on a P3 you can’t go wrong there.

#3694 29 days ago

Mine is two months old and so far none of my modules have needed anything more than a slight tweak.

#3695 24 days ago

Has multimorphic released updated playfield graphics that allow us to see the upper flippers? I looked on their website but didn’t see anything.

#3696 24 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has multimorphic released updated playfield graphics that allow us to see the upper flippers? I looked on their website but didn’t see anything.

It’s coming. Announced hut not available yet.

IMG_6982 (resized).jpegIMG_6982 (resized).jpegIMG_6983 (resized).jpegIMG_6983 (resized).jpegIMG_6984 (resized).jpegIMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3697 15 days ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Why am I selling this? The play fields are too heavy for me to safely move in and out of the game myself. I do not have reliable help to move them. Originally purchased in May 202...”
35 days ago
Newburgh, IN

This game has been on the market for a few months. I said the game was 100% working and it needed to be before it was sold. I had an issue with the cabinet display not turning on the first time if the game was turned off overnight. When you turned off the game and turned it back on, the cabinet display worked perfectly. The cabinet display has been replaced with a brand new display and now works perfectly.

I originally posted it for $21,000 including 5 play fields (CCR, CL, Lexy, Weird Al, and Heist). I now added Final Resistance to the package for the same price! Over $28,000 to buy this setup new. You can have a two year old game that is now dialed in for $21,000.

All the software for the game will convey to you. I haven't received the "goody box" with the improvements yet. When I do, they are part of this or we can have MM send it to you.

It is just too heavy for me to change play fields.

#3698 14 days ago

[quoted image]

to be fair. The resale market is shitty on EVERYTHING right now. Great time to buy. Crappy time to sell. But many don't know about P3 and how great it really is. Or heard horror stories from early start up day problems. WHich every company had. TBL had it. WOZ had it. Spooky. Nobody is immune to first run issues.

#3699 12 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

to be fair. The resale market is shitty on EVERYTHING right now. Great time to buy. Crappy time to sell. But many don't know about P3 and how great it really is. Or heard horror stories from early start up day problems. WHich every company had. TBL had it. WOZ had it. Spooky. Nobody is immune to first run issues.

I don't understand what the issue is with this platform but so many people turn away from it and won't even give it a chance. It's the most innovative thing on the market and they have top notch support and customer service. They're one of the only companies listening to the customers and continuing to nurture that relationship.

Sometimes I think maybe the platform is just too innovative and that scares people away. Every person that I get to actually give the game a chance ends up loving the experience. I really wish the platform would get over the hump and start gaining widespread acceptance.

I think if they ever bring an amazing well accepted tournament game to market it will be the tipping point for the popularity to spark up. I welcome that day because I get tired of the same old generic sterns.

I thought final resistance would be that cornerstone title but jury is still out.

#3700 12 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I don't understand what the issue is with this platform but so many people turn away from it and won't even give it a chance. It's the most innovative thing on the market and they have top notch support and customer service. They're one of the only companies listening to the customers and continuing to nurture that relationship.
Sometimes I think maybe the platform is just too innovative and that scares people away. Every person that I get to actually give the game a chance ends up loving the experience. I really wish the platform would get over the hump and start gaining widespread acceptance.
I think if they ever bring an amazing well accepted tournament game to market it will be the tipping point for the popularity to spark up. I welcome that day because I get tired of the same old generic sterns.
I thought final resistance would be that cornerstone title but jury is still out.

Multimorphic has the best mechs in the business right now and the competition isn't even close. I enjoy my Sterns but I don't think they've made anything with any whimsy since Godzilla. Multimorphic games capture the Rube Goldberg vibe I want in a pinball machine. Without cool mechanical toys I might as well just be playing a video game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Durham, NC
$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, IN
$ 11,800.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Life

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.